PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Prayer's for my friend

chasedude
12-18-2009, 05:56 PM
As some of you may or may not know I'm not really a religious person but there's something to this power of thoughts or prayers thing I can't explain. That's why I ask for them now for a dear friend of mine.

A little background of how amazing this friend is and why she needs good vibes sent her way. Please bare with me if I run on too much.

16 months ago she was blessed with a sweet boy Phoenix that turned out to be stricken with Cystic Fibrosis. She has gone through so much stress with his illness and trying to give him a normal life. She and her husband are the greatest parents I've known, even taking in two nieces from a worthless mother to provide them with some stability and a better life. They've both been shit on with so much pain and yet they persevere through it all. Then today I received this email that just tore me up.

"As some of you know since having Phoenix I have struggled in some areas of my health. These past few months things have slowly been getting worse, and required me to start having tests ran. As suspected my thyroid is heading down hill. The initial thought was it could be thyroid cancer. After having an MRI, sonogram, and blood work we still do not have concrete answers. To many doctors, to many opinions. So here is the initial game plan, that everyone can agree on. After the first of the year I will do some high dose radiation treatments, to kill of the thyroid and the nodules that are attached. (The dosage is still being determined. They got some more results back today that will help them decide.) I will then have a repeat scan to make sure the thyroid is no longer functioning and that the nodules have dissolved. If not we will have to look at another game plan. The location of the nodules make it a little tricky for them to be cut out.
If all looks good I'll start a hormone therapy, that I'll continue on for the rest of my life. Only issue the first year stinks on these meds. They say it takes about a year to get things regulated. They said my weight will go way up and down until things are figured out. ;( I can handle the down part, up I'm not so crazy about!
The up side of all of this! My dizzy spells, blacking out, insomnia and headaches should go away. Oh, yeah! And my neck won't be as fat! ☺ Down side, it won't help my charlie brown cheeks!
So here we go! It's going to be one crazy year!"

I'm praying it's not Cancer because she's already got so much to deal with already. In all she's been through she still keeps her sense of humor. Such an awesome person done no wrong to anyone in this world.

Thanks to all in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

Dante84
12-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Rough stuff. Hope it all goes as well as it can!

Simply Red
12-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Damn man, :(

I will pray tonight, lil' buddy!

RJ
12-18-2009, 06:06 PM
That's tough, best wishes for your friend and her family.

Bwana
12-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Darn, all my best to the entire family.

chasedude
12-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys, I know she appreciates the kind thoughts.

Gonzo
12-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Dammit man, why does crap like this always seem to happen around the holidays? My coworker just lost her husband of 40 years yesterday.

My thoughts are with you and your friends Buddy.
It looks like her attitude is good. That helps more than anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
12-18-2009, 06:50 PM
My mom and mother-in law have both had their thyroids removed it sucks for a few months till they figure out the meds but can live normal lives. But their tastes buds changes for worse. Better taste test ahead of time. Sorry to hear and hope for the best!

sodcat
12-18-2009, 07:43 PM
prayers sent!

chasedude
12-19-2009, 01:28 PM
bump, she needs all the help she can get

bowener
12-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Your friend will be in my thoughts.

My 5 year old niece had her thyroid removed this summer, she is doing great, so I hope the best for your friend.

Earthling
12-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Tell your friend there is indeed hope. My niece went thru almost the exact same thing about 15 years ago and all is well at this point. Best wishes and good vibes are sent.

badgirl
12-20-2009, 05:43 AM
This sounds like a wonderful person and I wish the world had more of them like her.

My prayers will go out for her and her family.

big nasty kcnut
12-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Done
Posted via Mobile Device

Mosbonian
12-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family...

You are a true friend for thinking of her and asking on her behalf.

mmaddog

Mr. Kotter
12-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Best wishes for a positive outcome. God bless.