PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Pink Blackberry Curve 8330... just in time for xmas

ziggysocki
12-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Bought my wife a pink bb curve for xmas off ebay. Being the impatient, impulsive guy I am, I bought it without looking into it. Said unlocked, I assumed that meant it would work with At&t...then I learned about the difference between CDMA and GSM. Ooops. It is originally a verizon phone, but is unlocked to all CDMA carries. If anyone is interested, pm me. I will sell it for $150 obo. I will ebay it if no response, but thought I would toss it out there, maybe a CPer looking for a gift might benefit from my boneheadedness.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2009, 05:52 PM
When you searched for the Blackberry, did you put AT&T in the search? I don't think 'unlocked' means it'll work on any network.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I should have read that better the 1st time before posting. I've bought a few phones with high success, but you MUST make sure its compatible with your carrier.

ziggysocki
12-20-2009, 05:56 PM
When you searched for the Blackberry, did you put AT&T in the search? I don't think 'unlocked' means it'll work on any network.

That is the point... at the time, I thought unlocked meant any network... in this case, it means any CDMA network. Att is GSM. I am a phone noob. Always been on Att.:deevee:

ziggysocki
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Tried to get the wife to move to verizon, so I could get a droid, but she is not interested in moving carriers. :(