PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs An undetermined number of things from today's game (Road Trip Edition)

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
So, I decide late last night - after receiving a text from KC Fish - to go ahead and make the trip after all. Alarm goes off at 4:30 and I'm gassed up and on the road by 5, Red Bull in the cupholder. By the time I reach Columbia at 6:30, I'm hitting the wall, and questioning my judgment. I can't help to think, "what kind of dumbass drives 4 hours each way to see a 3-10 football team play a 2-11 football team?"

Early on, I'm thinking I made the worst decision of anyone in the stadium, until I see a lady in the front row of the LL with a sign that read, "Drove from Arizona to see the Chiefs." Thanks, Lady. YOU'RE the biggest dumbass here.

On to the game. Let's start with the obvious...

Todd Haley is a dumbass.

Game management was piss-poor once again. The 2:00 drive at the end of the first half was unintentional comedy. No sense of urgency, and then a FUCKING PUNT on 4th down on Cleveland's side of the field? Really?

Oh, and Todd...Cleveland's best player is this guy named Josh Cribbs. You could say he's a pretty fucking incredible kick returner. I guess you had no idea, because you kicked to him. And he burned you. So what the fuck do you do?

Kick to him AGAIN. Brilliant. Dude ends up with over 300 all-purpose yards because you're either a dumbass, stubborn as fuck, or both. Thanks.

Today was Record-Breaking day at Arrowhead. Cribbs sets the new single season return TD mark. James Harrison sets a Cleveland franchise rushing record. And in the process, puts his name in the NFL record book for 3rd most rushing yards in a game.

w00t, defense.

And here we go.....Matt Cassel.

Yes, statistically, he had his best game as a Chief. But it was just as inconsistent as any other. Best deep ball he's thrown all year to Chambers to set up the first TD. Followed by more throws behind, high and behind, low, etc. Christ, he tried to dump a pass off to Charles while Charles was blocking a blitzer. Decision making still leaving a LOT to be desired. Several throws into double and triple coverage today. A true WTF moment with the dropped INT - another when he decided to throw to O'Connell on 3rd and 2 when he could have run for 15 yards and the first down - and what was he thinking on the last play of the game? Damn, Matt, you're only 30 yards away - you don't have to wind up like you're chucking a hail mary. Keep it in the yard, FFS, and let someone at least have a chance to make a play.

And I would hope that someone would have mentioned it by now, but he's throwing against a defense that is starting Mike fucking Furrey - a WR - as a DB.

The OL played it's best game of the year, IMHO.

Interesting, considering we had 3 new starters. Barry Richardson played an exceptional game, as did Smith and Albert. Rudy and Alleman were even serviceable - against a team that sacked Ben Roethlisberger EIGHT times last week.

Good for Jamaal Charles. Granted, dude needed a verbal slur-fest from LJ to see the field, but he's making the most of his opportunity.

Looking forward to replaying it tomorrow, but I'm curious to see what others thought, considering no one in KC saw it unless they were there.

Coach
12-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Glad to see you made it back safely.

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Well done.

Cassel had nice fantasy stats, though, so you're in for an up-hill battle. But your analysis is pretty consistent with what was said during the game thread.

The defense, though...LMAO, our motherfucking "defense." At least the run D is fixed.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh, and I heard the most ridiculous fucking thing come out of Haley's mouth during his presser on the drive home.

The guy actually said that he thought the defense had been showing progress as of late.

This comment came from the mouth of the HC of a team that has given up FORTY or more points in 3 of their last 4 games, and has allowed just shy of EIGHT HUNDRED yards rushing in their last 3.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Glad to see you made it back safely.

Yep. Made really good time.

It was great meeting you, and hanging with you and Fish.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Did Todd Haley give you the finger? He gave George Blowfish the finger.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM

Are you shitting me?

BigRedChief
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
So, I decide late last night - after receiving a text from KC Fish - to go ahead and make the trip after all. Alarm goes off at 4:30 and I'm gassed up and on the road by 5, Red Bull in the cupholder. By the time I reach Columbia at 6:30, I'm hitting the wall, and questioning my judgment. I can't help to think, "what kind of dumbass drives 4 hours each way to see a 3-10 football team play a 2-11 football team?"
Yeah, but your not a "real" fan because you gave up your season tickets.
/dipchit Chiefs fan out in California

Hammock Parties
12-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Are you shitting me?

Go read his thread.

Todd Haley looked George square in the eye and flipped him the bird.

-King-
Are you shitting me?

Nope. Its in GBlowfish's 10 things.

SAUTO
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish

Symbolically, the entire team gave us the finger today.

SAUTO
12-20-2009, 07:55 PM
the dumpoff when charles got tackled?? the defender tackled him man. did you dvr the game?
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
12-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Good stuff OTW and glad you made it to the game and back safely.

Now have you changed your opinion on all the drops?;)

Hammock Parties
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
the dumpoff when charles got tackled?? the defender tackled him man. did you dvr the game?
Posted via Mobile Device

Charles was blocking the guy.

It was a lame attempt by Cassel to get out of intentional grounding.

Pablo
Posted via Mobile DeviceProbably the dump-off at around our 20 when Cassel got flagged for intentional grounding.

Coach

Yeah, you can say that, especially the defense.

Getting gashed by a clown that nobody even fucking heard of until today?

Jesus Christ. :shake:

I even wonder, did Brady Quinn even attempt one fucking pass in the 4th quarter? I know Cribbs attempted once on the endzone pass, which was a good pass, but well defended by Carr, IIRC.

siberian khatru
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM

Personally, I thought they dropped their pants at the 50 and mooned us, but to each his own.

Brock
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Charles was blocking with his back to Cassel.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Charles engaged a blitzer. Charles initiated the contact.

You're acting like Charles was out in the flat, and was tackled as the ball was thrown.

Had Jamaal not picked up that block, Cassel would have gotten killed.

Pablo
12-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Another thing from today's game.

I really love our CB's. Thank God we've got something going for us on the defensive side of the ball.

SAUTO

it was on the other side from me but the replays sure looked like he got tackled
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz

Exactly.

Great example of revisionist history.

BigMeatballDave
I wonder if the last second "25-yrd Hail Mary" will be on this weeks segment of "C'Mon Man" on NFL Network?

Coach
12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
And to answer my own question.

3rd Quarter pass attempts: 7
4th Quarter pass attempts: 1

Wow.

SAUTO
12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Exactly.

Great example of revisionist history.

see above post, thats why i asked if he dvrd it im watching it tom nite
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 08:01 PM

That's what I thought.

It happened at our end, and our side of the field. We had a pretty good look at it.

SAUTO
12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
That's what I thought.

It happened at our end, and our side of the field. We had a pretty good look at it.

see above post.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
see above post, thats why i asked if he dvrd it im watching it tom nite
Posted via Mobile Device

No, I hear you. It was an honest question on your part.

Coach
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I wonder if the last second "25-yrd Hail Mary" will be on this weeks segment of "C'Mon Man" on NFL Network?

God, that was the lamest pass I ever seen out of Cassel. I was a little upset on the officiating crew that the Browns, IMHO, should had received a delay of game penalty for not giving up the ball to the official when the play was already dead.

And also another thing I want to mention is the officials didn't stop the clock when it was OBVIOUS that Brownie wasn't going to give them the damn football, until it was too late.

TRR
12-20-2009, 08:08 PM

That penalty should have NEVER been called. I see QB's get away with that every week. The defender grabbed Charles and wouldn't let him release. Cassel threw it to where Charles "would" have been after blocking and releasing.

Terrible call.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
12-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, and OTW58 and KCFish will get this, but Hootie, by chance you were at the game today?

We could have swore you were there, after all.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh, and OTW58 and KCFish will get this, but Hootie, by chance you were at the game today?

We could have swore you were there, after all.

ROFL

gblowfish
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I think good teams get favorable calls, and bad teams get bad calls. You think they call that penalty on either Manning or on Favre? Hell no.

ClevelandBronco
12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
...Had Jamaal not picked up that block, Cassel would have gotten killed.

That's not fair. Now people will blame Jamaal.

EyePod
12-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh, and I heard the most ridiculous ****ing thing come out of Haley's mouth during his presser on the drive home.

The guy actually said that he thought the defense had been showing progress as of late.

This comment came from the mouth of the HC of a team that has given up FORTY or more points in 3 of their last 4 games, and has allowed just shy of EIGHT HUNDRED yards rushing in their last 3.

14 of those weren't the defense's fault, and they were able to return a bunch too. Oh, those rushing yards were all the fucking defenses though.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Something else I forgot to add....

We have the worst fucking LB corp in the league, hands down.

I'm sorry, but if people think Hali has successfully made the move to LB, they didn't see today's game.

He's a one-dimensional pass rusher, nothing more.

He was getting destroyed by the FB and TE's.

Demorrio Williams was owned like I've never seen today. Mays and Vrabel weren't far behind.

This team needs 4 new starting LB's - or at least 3, and Tamba would have to pull his head out of his ass and learn to play the fucking run.

EyePod
12-20-2009, 08:39 PM
That's not fair. Now people will blame Jamaal.

I'm really hoping for Cassel to get hit and have his head exploded (it's a transitive verb I tell you). Then we'd have Croyle in. And I like Croyle a lot more than Cassel. Especially cause he hasn't gotten exploded yet.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Teams ran at Hali when he was an end, the guy just can not defend the run.

We might have a LB corp if we'd use some of our 6th and 7th round picks on the quality LB's that always fall instead of taking people like Jake O'Connell.

Titty Meat
12-20-2009, 08:41 PM

We have the worst ****ing LB corp in the league, hands down.

I'm sorry, but if people think Hali has successfully made the move to LB, they didn't see today's game.

Demorrio Williams was owned like I've never seen today. Mays and Vrabel weren't far behind.

This team needs 4 new starting LB's - or at least 3, and Tamba would have to pull his head out of his ass and learn to play the ****ing run.

Yup everyone thinks Hali is good cuz he had 3 sacks vs the Broncos(44-13ROFL) but what nobody mentions is how many times they ran his way and did fakes/reverses to Halis side of the field.

Titty Meat
12-20-2009, 08:42 PM
BTW OTW, I was thinking about getting season tickets next year and splitting them with someone possibily. I was wondering if you or Hamas, or even Dane would have any interest?

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh, and I need some confirmation on something.

Did I see either a LB or DE actually run BEHIND Brady Quinn on the 3rd down bootleg, and continue to go after the RB that "took" the fake handoff?

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 08:43 PM
BTW OTW, I was thinking about getting season tickets next year and splitting them with someone possibily. I was wondering if you or Hamas, or even Dane would have any interest?

ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Did I see either a LB or DE actually run BEHIND Brady Quinn on the 3rd down bootleg, and continue to go after the RB that "took" the fake handoff?

Fairly certain that was Todd Haley's favorite player.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm only getting season tickets if someone goes through with my 4th down Haley idea.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Fairly certain that was Todd Haley's favorite player.

So I wasn't seeing things.

SAUTO
12-20-2009, 08:48 PM

We have the worst fucking LB corp in the league, hands down.

This team needs 4 new starting LB's - or at least 3, and Tamba would have to pull his head out of his ass and learn to play the fucking run.

you are spot on here, tamba had a terri le game. and the rest suck
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2009, 08:49 PM
This was obviously not a career-changing game for Cassel, but give me a break. Bowe dropped a catchable ball in the end zone. Bradley dropped a 3rd down pass in his breadbasket that led to a punt. WHile you give him shit for dumping the ball off to O'Connell, O'Connell had a clear first down if he caught the easiest pass of the century. I can't even count how many catches were in our receiver's hands and they bounced right off of them. It was embarrassing.

I'm sorry. Not all passes were thrown directly on target, but I have never seen a more embarrassing display of receivers dropping catchable passes. There is simply no excuse for it. Cassel's 330 "fantasy" yards would have been a lot higher if his receivers didn't ****ing give up.

O'Connell and Bradley shouldn't even show up on Monday for work. And Dwayne Bowe better shape the **** up, or he should be cut--I don't care how good he is at getting open.

Cassel has had some shitty games. But this was not one of them.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:50 PM
If the Chiefs cut Bowe he'd be on another team in 5 seconds and then we'd all bitch when he went to the pro bowl.

SAUTO

mike brown i think
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
ROFL

lol I'll take that as a "no". I figure this is my only chance to get REALLY good seats.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM

I have season tickets. I've been to one game in the last three years. I refused to attend games while Carl and Herm were there, and after this offseason, I have little desire to watch this shitload of fuck either.

Titty Meat
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM
lol @ cutting Dwayne Bowe. This fan base is so fucking dellusional, Yea like Carl told Jarred Allen to shape up or he'll get traded. That really taught him a lesson.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Hamas you know what you should do...

You should tape yourself watching Chiefs games ranting like the angry video game nerd, that would be money.

chiefzilla1501
If the Chiefs cut Bowe he'd be on another team in 5 seconds and then we'd all bitch when he went to the pro bowl.

I dont' know. All I know is that Bowe should be absolutely, positively embarrassed about his play today.

Cottam and Chambers played their fucking asses off. And the rest of the clowns are acting like today was spring break. Fucking hell.

OnTheWarpath15
This was obviously not a career-changing game for Cassel, but give me a break. Bowe dropped a catchable ball in the end zone. Bradley dropped a 3rd down pass in his breadbasket that led to a punt. WHile you give him shit for dumping the ball off to O'Connell, O'Connell had a clear first down if he caught the easiest pass of the century.

I'm sorry. Not all passes were thrown directly on target, but I have never seen a more embarrassing display of receivers dropping catchable passes. There is simply no excuse for it. Cassel's 330 "fantasy" yards would have been a lot higher if his receivers didn't fucking give up.

O'Connell and Bradley shouldn't even show up on Monday for work. And Dwayne Bowe better shape the fuck up, or he should be cut--I don't care how good he is at getting open.

Cassel has had some shitty games. But this was not one of them.

I said he played his best game.

But he was still very inconsistent, drops or not.

And his decision making was just as bad today as it's ever been.

Re: O'Connell.

Yes, Jake should have caught that ball.

Then again, a good QB would never have thrown the ball. He had 15 yards of open field in front of him. Why risk a throw there, run, slide, extend the drive.

Quinn made the right decision on a somewhat similar 3rd down play. He was going to pitch the ball to Cribbs on his left hip, but realized he had room to run, and he picked up 10+ yards and a 1st down. Smart play.

Titty Meat
I have season tickets. I've been to one game in the last three years. I refused to attend games while Carl and Herm were there, and after this offseason, I have little desire to watch this shitload of **** either.

Me either but like I said it's a chance to get good seats and maybe they'll be good in 3 years (lol).

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Lets be frank some guys drop balls, Owens has always dropped balls it didn't stop him from being an elite player.

And yes I guarantee if the Chiefs got rid of him teams would lineup for him.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
lol @ cutting Dwayne Bowe. This fan base is so ****ing dellusional, Yea like Carl told Jarred Allen to shape up or he'll get traded. That really taught him a lesson.

Jared Allen played his ass off every single down. I never wanted to cut him for a second.

Sorry, but right now, Bowe's play is an embarrassment. I'm overreacting by saying the Chiefs need to cut him. But he's been one of the most embarrassing players this season because he has talent and chooses to use it... selectively at his convenience.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Hamas you know what you should do...

You should tape yourself watching Chiefs games ranting like the angry video game nerd, that would be money.

That is a great idea.

I've thought about getting a camcorder anyway. I told some of my friends that I wanted to do a version of "Jacked UP!!" that did it for career ending or crippling injuries.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe Todd Haley's "tough love" has had a negative affect on him as some of us wondered if it would...

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Cut Bowe. Comical.

I guess a guy who's been suspended for the last 4 weeks is supposed to come out and play at an all-pro level instantly.

The guy couldn't have any contact with the team, which means no practice.

Christ, the guy was rusty. BFD.

He's far from the reason we lost.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I'd like to know why we blame the few good players we have for the short comings of about 40 other guys and a coaching staff that is full of epic fail.

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Cut Bowe? Yeah, let's discard anyone with any semblance of talent so that we can further pursue the snipe hunt that is "the right 53."

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2009, 08:59 PM

Then again, a good QB would never have thrown the ball. He had 15 yards of open field in front of him. Why risk a throw there, run, slide, extend the drive.

Quinn made the right decision on a somewhat similar 3rd down play. He was going to pitch the ball to Cribbs on his left hip, but realized he had room to run, and he picked up 10+ yards and a 1st down. Smart play.

I don't agree. Quinn also didn't have a wide open receiver a few yards down field past the markers to dump it off to. I can't think of a single QB who wouldn't dump that pass off to a receiver who was wide open with miles ahead of him to run. You can't blame him for throwing the ball to a wide open receiver past the chains.

And Cassel's decision making was a lot better than most games. He made a few fuck-ups here and there and I agree that the last pass was an abortion. But on the whole, he made more than enough plays to win the game if our receiver corps wasn't in la-la land all day.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 08:59 PM
We just need 53 Lance Longs.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Yeah, why was Mr. Wonderful inactive today?

Titty Meat
12-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I'd like to know why we blame the few good players we have for the short comings of about 40 other guys and a coaching staff that is full of epic fail.

Because lets be honest Kansas City hates flashy black players. They love guys like Mark Teahen.

Hammock Parties

I think they took pity on him after he got beat into the ground last week.

Coach
We just need 53 Wes Welker Lite.

FYP.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 09:02 PM

I think he was injured, got some Haley splooge in his eye when he was performing his weekly duties.

chiefzilla1501
Cut Bowe? Yeah, let's discard anyone with any semblance of talent so that we can further pursue the snipe hunt that is "the right 53."

Sorry, but Chambers has outplayed him by miles all season long. And Bowe has been doing this all season long.

Of course I don't want the Chiefs to actually cut him. But sorry, at this rate, if we're building a playoff team, nothing scares the shit out of me more than a QB throwing a third down ball to Bowe on a key drive in a playoff game.

He needs to earn his job like everyone else. He's skated by on pure talent. This inconsistent bullshit has got to stop.

'Hamas' Jenkins

And 25 Ross Gloads.

DaneMcCloud

Thanks Dude but I live in Los Angeles. It's difficult for me to make it in for one game, let alone multiple games. My best bet each season for watching the Chiefs is in San Diego.

Otherwise, it's just the Sunday Ticket.

Mecca
Because lets be honest Kansas City hates flashy black players. They love guys like Mark Teahen.

I made a comment like that a few years ago...brace yourself.

Titty Meat
12-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I made a comment like that a few years ago...brace yourself.

I obviously could give a fuck less its the truth. How many people on here love Lance Long/ Marc Boerigter? Those guys were half the players Bowe is and yet they want to cut Bowe.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 09:05 PM
When I was younger one of my favorite Chiefs players was Dale Carter yet this entire fan base hated that guy, he didn't do anything but go to pro bowls and play well yet he was hated.

That's our fan base.

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Sorry, but Chambers has outplayed him by miles all season long. And Bowe has been doing this all season long.

Of course I don't want the Chiefs to actually cut him. But sorry, at this rate, if we're building a playoff team, nothing scares the shit out of me more than a QB throwing a third down ball to Bowe on a key drive in a playoff game.

He needs to earn his job like everyone else. He's skated by on pure talent. This inconsistent bullshit has got to stop.

All season long? When did Chambers join the team? Week 7?

And how many games did we see more targets going to fucking scrubs like Wade and Long?

All players need to earn their jobs, I agree. But some are more secure than others (or should be): Flowers, Albert, Bowe, etc.

These guys can play.

dirk digler
12-20-2009, 09:09 PM
When I was younger one of my favorite Chiefs players was Dale Carter yet this entire fan base hated that guy, he didn't do anything but go to pro bowls and play well yet he was hated.

That's our fan base.

Not me I loved Dale Carter...until he started acting a thug off the field.

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 09:11 PM

And we'd be fine if we could put all of these little fuckers on the field at once.

Same thing I said when Bell made his Gload comment.

You can win a lot of games when you scatter 25 of those fuckers across the diamond.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2009, 09:11 PM
All season long? When did Chambers join the team? Week 7?

And how many games did we see more targets going to ****ing scrubs like Wade and Long?

All players need to earn their jobs, I agree. But some are more secure than others (or should be): Flowers, Albert, Bowe, etc.

These guys can play.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Bowe has proven this season that he's nothing more than a decent #2 receiver and he's clearly not a #1 option. And Chambers exposes that every day of the week.

If we're talking accountability, we shouldn't ignore that Chambers has done a shit ton more than Bowe at the #1 WR position than Bowe has. And we shouldn't ignore that Bowe has been horribly inconsistent this season, as well as his entire career.

I don't know how Bowe is somehow getting a free pass simply because he's talented, and yet ****s up game after game after game.

Bowe may have #1 talent. But it comes way too inconsistently. If he truly is a #1 receiver, he better wake the fuck up and prove it.

milkman
12-20-2009, 09:12 PM

That's our fan base.

That's bullshit mecca.

No one hated Carter until he stated to act like an idiot off the field and let his play slip on the field as a result.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I dont' know. All I know is that Bowe should be absolutely, positively embarrassed about his play today.

Yes. But you don't cut him. (And I know you weren't serious). Bowe's an enigma for certain. Maybe next year he becomes the consistent player we are all waiting to see. If he doesn't go home and balloon up on gumbo.

SAUTO
12-20-2009, 09:14 PM

r u talking about the last drive? looked to me like a broken play there
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
Yes. But you don't cut him. (And I know you weren't serious). Bowe's an enigma for certain. Maybe next year he becomes the consistent player we are all waiting to see. If he doesn't go home and balloon up on gumbo.

Thank you for reading it for what it is.

All I'm saying is we're building a team that we hope will be a deep playoff contender 3 years from now.

And people are acting like it's not a big deal if one of the key pieces to building that team has stone hands and is horribly unreliably in important stretches of the game.

The last thing I want is to engineer a game-winning drive in 2012 and an easy-to-catch touchdown pass is thrown to Bowe and it bounces off his helmet because he loses his focus.

DeezNutz
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Bowe has proven this season that he's nothing more than a decent #2 receiver and he's clearly not a #1 option. And Chambers exposes that every day of the week.

If we're talking accountability, we shouldn't ignore that Chambers has done a shit ton more than Bowe at the #1 WR position than Bowe has. And we shouldn't ignore that Bowe has been horribly inconsistent this season, as well as his entire career.

I don't know how Bowe is somehow getting a free pass simply because he's talented, and yet ****s up game after game after game.

Bowe may have #1 talent. But it comes way too inconsistently. If he truly is a #1 receiver, he better wake the **** up and prove it.

Free pass? No. His play must improve.

But we're looking at a complete clusterfuck, and you're hyperfocusing on something that's way down on the list of enormous problems.

Our fucking car is on fire, and you're taking time to bitch about a ding on the driver side door.

That said, if we can upgrade the position, by all means, we should.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Free pass? No. His play must improve.

But we're looking at a complete clusterfuck, and you're hyperfocusing on something that's way down on the list of enormous problems.

Our fucking car is on fire, and you're taking time to bitch about a ding on the driver side door.

That said, if we can upgrade the position, by all means, we should.

And considering this team is light years away from games that matter in January, I'd say he has some time - and deserves time as one of two young offensive playmakers - to get his shit together.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 09:19 PM

That's our fan base.

Before I post the answer, perhaps you can posit for us, why "the fan base" hated Dale Carter?

I'll wait.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2009, 09:20 PM
And considering this team is light years away from games that matter in January, I'd say he has some time - and deserves time as one of two young offensive playmakers - to get his shit together.

Bowe is in his third season. Like Cassel, the excuses are over. Because he's approaching a contract year and if he's negotiating a new contract, how does that make him look when Chris Chambers comes in and makes Dwayne Bowe look like Reche Caldwell?

Brock
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
And why is it that the fan base hated Dale Carter, yet loved James Hasty? Was it because Hasty was 5x better than Carter? Yes, I think so.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
That's bullshit mecca.

No one hated Carter until he stated to act like an idiot off the field and let his play slip on the field as a result.

Oh, somebody got this before me. Good. I was about to fit Mecca for his most recent crown of thorns.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
And why is it that the fan base hated Dale Carter, yet loved James Hasty? Was it because Hasty was 5x better than Carter? Yes, I think so.

No, it was because "the fan base" hated black players like Dale Carter and loved James Hasty. Wait...

SAUTO
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM

i absolutely loved them both, off field issues or not. and mecca why did the town LOVE DT?? THAT KINDA FUCKS UP YOUR THEORY HUH? most knew exactly how dt was, didnt matter though
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
C'mon, Mr. False Narrative. Get your ass in here.

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 09:28 PM
C'mon, Mr. False Narrative. Get your ass in here.

What the fuck do you want? I'm busy, so make it quick.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
What the **** do you want? I'm busy, so make it quick.

Another three by Pullen!!!

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2009, 09:36 PM
What the **** do you want? I'm busy, so make it quick.

I get this a lot.

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Another three by Pullen!!!

I left my room for this?

http://www.sportsfanbedding.com/Sports_Coverage_College/Kansas_State_Wildcats.jpg

Coach
12-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh, somebody got this before me. Good. I was about to fit Mecca for his most recent crown of thorns.

Crown his ass already.

TinyEvel
12-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Anyone having anything to do with Defenseive management on this team (save for the CB's who, I am guessing, are working on natural instinct and ability) should be cockpunched into an AIDS tree with antifreeze-soaked nuthooks.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Easy answer because Dale Carter had a different personality..DT was an easily likable person, Hasty never said much of anything....Carter carried himself in a much different fashion. Carter carried himself like he was Deion.

milkman
12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Easy answer because Dale Carter had a different personality..DT was an easily likable person, Hasty never said much of anything....Carter carried himself in a much different fashion. Carter carried himself like he was Deion.

When you talk the tlalk, you damn well better walk the walk.

No one disliked Carter until he stoped walking, and you are full of shit.

Mecca
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
And that's not saying that I didn't like the other players either.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Okay since "Fan Base Travis" (The anti First Down Elvis) won't answer, I'll let him know why "the fan base" came to dislike his "favorite player". Mecca at the time was still sucking high fructose corn syrup drinks from a nipple when Dale Carter got his first DUI in 1993. Following that, Carter was involved in a Westport shooting. The gun belonged to him and he shot 5 times into a nightclub in Westport.

A year later, he was drunk and got arrested for assault in fight in another bar. The guy had serious alcohol issues and was at times a danger to the public. 180 day sentence. Suspended. Two years probation. I could tell you other stories too.

But he was also a cutthroat on the field. Obviously, you don't recall the play he made on Lionel Washington where, on a play where Carter was playing WR (Marty experimented with that) he came down the LOS and chopped (and by chopped, I mean helmet to the outside of the knee) Lionel Washington and blew out his knee. After the play over. Carter then stood over Washington and taunted him.

But it was really because he was black.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 10:12 PM

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I'd also like to point out that Mark Schlereth claims that the Rat lost the respect of those championship Donk teams the day they signed Dale Carter.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't agree.

What a shocker

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2009, 11:54 PM
What a shocker

And what a shocker, you still haven't admitted you were wrong on the NT vs. 5-tech salaries.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206614&page=56

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I'd also like to point out that Mark Schlereth claims that the Rat lost the respect of those championship Donk teams the day they signed Dale Carter.

That same Mark Schlereth who now looks like he weighs 225, even though he was an o-lineman?

I bet that dude knows a lot about integrity...:(

Sure-Oz
12-21-2009, 12:13 AM
That same Mark Schlereth who now looks like he weighs 225, even though he was an o-lineman?

I bet that dude knows a lot about integrity...:(

Nutrisystem ftwwwwwww

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Nutrisystem ftwwwwwww

I tried to respond to this earlier, but you obviously greased your post, and my key strokes slipped right off.

Sure-Oz
12-21-2009, 12:16 AM
I tried to respond to this earlier, but you obviously greased your post, and my key strokes slipped right off.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 12:33 AM
And what a shocker, you still haven't admitted you were wrong on the NT vs. 5-tech salaries.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206614&page=56

Weak.

I love how you have to research salaries and positions to prove me "wrong".

Furthermore, Castillo was drafted as a DT in a 4-3. He was later moved, like Dorsey, to end in the 3-4.

Back to the original point, if Pioli and Haley went 0-14 this year, you'd be defending them until the bitter end.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Weak.

I love how you have to research salaries and positions to prove me "wrong".
ROFL
These were your exact words:
"You JUST said that NT's get paid as much as 3-4 defensive ends. PROVE IT or SHUT THE **** UP."
I proved it. And now you're giving me shit for answering your question? So let me get this straight... you are only allowed to post facts if they conveniently support your position? Goddamn... how dare I use research to post facts that don't prove your point.

Furthermore, Castillo was drafted as a DT in a 4-3. He was later moved, like Dorsey, to end in the 3-4.
What the fuck does it matter? When Castillo was given his $43M contract, he was paid $43M to play 5-technique 3-4 Defensive End. San Diego paid him $43M to be a 5-technique. PERIOD. You're clearly sidestepping here. This isn't about draft value. This is about contract value.

Back to the original point, if Pioli and Haley went 0-14 this year, you'd be defending them until the bitter end.
And here's where you backtrack.

Still haven't once heard you say "I was wrong." It's pretty easy to be loud about your positions if you refuse to admit you're wrong when you're wrong.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2009, 12:57 AM

I'll handle this in a separate post.

I've criticized Pioli for not making o-line a priority in 2009. I have said many times that I think Pioli did a shitty job in 2009, but that I am giving him a chance to prove he can do better with a different staff in 2010. I have criticized Haley for playing musical chairs with receivers and all the personnel. I ripped Haley a new asshole for refusing to hire a QBs coach and have generally ripped him most of the season for not having an offensive coordinator. And while I generally took a "wait and see" approach with Cassel, I admitted that I made too many excuses for Cassel and have said that the Cassel trade appears to be a fuck up.

Don't tell me that I'm some kind of an apologist. I tend to have better things to say, but I have on many, many occasions been critical of this front office and coaching staff.

Red Dawg
12-21-2009, 09:08 AM

Early on, I'm thinking I made the worst decision of anyone in the stadium, until I see a lady in the front row of the LL with a sign that read, "Drove from Arizona to see the Chiefs." Thanks, Lady. YOU'RE the biggest dumbass here.

On to the game. Let's start with the obvious...

Todd Haley is a dumbass.

Game management was piss-poor once again. The 2:00 drive at the end of the first half was unintentional comedy. No sense of urgency, and then a ****ING PUNT on 4th down on Cleveland's side of the field? Really?

Oh, and Todd...Cleveland's best player is this guy named Josh Cribbs. You could say he's a pretty ****ing incredible kick returner. I guess you had no idea, because you kicked to him. And he burned you. So what the **** do you do?

Kick to him AGAIN. Brilliant. Dude ends up with over 300 all-purpose yards because you're either a dumbass, stubborn as ****, or both. Thanks.

Today was Record-Breaking day at Arrowhead. Cribbs sets the new single season return TD mark. James Harrison sets a Cleveland franchise rushing record. And in the process, puts his name in the NFL record book for 3rd most rushing yards in a game.

w00t, defense.

And here we go.....Matt Cassel.

Yes, statistically, he had his best game as a Chief. But it was just as inconsistent as any other. Best deep ball he's thrown all year to Chambers to set up the first TD. Followed by more throws behind, high and behind, low, etc. Christ, he tried to dump a pass off to Charles while Charles was blocking a blitzer. Decision making still leaving a LOT to be desired. Several throws into double and triple coverage today. A true WTF moment with the dropped INT - another when he decided to throw to O'Connell on 3rd and 2 when he could have run for 15 yards and the first down - and what was he thinking on the last play of the game? Damn, Matt, you're only 30 yards away - you don't have to wind up like you're chucking a hail mary. Keep it in the yard, FFS, and let someone at least have a chance to make a play.

And I would hope that someone would have mentioned it by now, but he's throwing against a defense that is starting Mike ****ing Furrey - a WR - as a DB.

The OL played it's best game of the year, IMHO.

Interesting, considering we had 3 new starters. Barry Richardson played an exceptional game, as did Smith and Albert. Rudy and Alleman were even serviceable - against a team that sacked Ben Roethlisberger EIGHT times last week.

Good for Jamaal Charles. Granted, dude needed a verbal slur-fest from LJ to see the field, but he's making the most of his opportunity.

Looking forward to replaying it tomorrow, but I'm curious to see what others thought, considering no one in KC saw it unless they were there.

U R A DUMBASS! Cassel is the only reason KC was in the game. He played great with a dogshit WR corp. 9 drops and you are bitching about Matt? Remove your head from your ass.

Rasputin
12-21-2009, 09:42 AM
That was Matts best game so far this year (against the Browns) He made good plays but he allso made some terrable plays. The throw that Chambers cought on the side line that he had to push off the defender should have been picked off. The throw to Charles while he was blocking wtf. And the the throw to the LB that dropped the INT.

Yes the dropps of our WRs are killing us. :cuss: D BOWE dropped one in the endzone for a TD in the first quarter! We have not had a TD in the first quarter all season from our offense GOT DAMN how the F*** is it so hard to score a TD in the first quarter for the intire season 14 games with two more games to do this WTF that is on Cassel and Haley! I don't expect a TD drive every time but cmon 14 games with out an offensive TD in the first quarter :doh!:

Fish
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Now I feel bad for talking you into the drive.... :D

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Now I feel bad for talking you into the drive.... :D

Don't. I had a great time.

Rasputin
12-21-2009, 09:46 AM
U R A DUMBASS! Cassel is the only reason KC was in the game. He played great with a dogshit WR corp. 9 drops and you are bitching about Matt? Remove your head from your ass.

Jamaal Charles is why we were in that game and the muff punt that we scored a TD that was a gimme touchdown. Cassel played better yes i admit but he made dumbassery plays to lose it too.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Jamaal Charles is why we were in that game and the muff punt that we scored a TD that was a gimme touchdown. Cassel played better yes i admit but he made dumbassery plays to lose it too.

Funny you say "gimme TD", as that's exactly what we thought at the game.

That play happened right in front of us, and the punter didn't even try to recover the ball, or knock it out of the back of the endzone.