PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Boston Globe: Weis undecided on future, KC may make most sense...

DaWolf
12-21-2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/brady_says_weis.html

Toward the end of Tom Brady's appearance on WEEI this morning, he was asked if he's talked to his old offensive coordinator Charlie Weis, fired a few weeks ago at Notre Dame.

"Quite a bit," the quarterback responded. Brady reported that Weis is spending time with his family, but had no indication one way or another on what the coach's future might hold.

"I don't think he knows what he's doing yet," Brady said. "I think he's undecided."

It's not out of the question -- nor would it be unprecedented -- that Weis could serve the Patriots in an advisory role during the playoffs. But then, there are a couple reason why it might be unlikely.

First, with a first-year play-caller in Bill O'Brien working the offense through some struggles, it might not be good to toss another cook in the kitchen or undermine anyone's authority.

Second, there's a pretty good chance Weis would want to make himself available when Black Monday arrives Jan. 4 and the coaching carousel starts spinning.

A logical landing spot for Weis? Kansas City. The Chiefs fired offensive coordinator Chan Gailey before the season, and both Scott Pioli and Todd Haley worked with Weis with the Jets.

Going to a place like that, in the midst of a major rebuilding effort, could ultimately rehab Weis's reputation and give him another shot at being a head coach somewhere.

ModSocks
12-21-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/brady_says_weis.html

Going to a place like that, in the midst of a major rebuilding effort, could ultimately rehab Weis's reputation and give him another shot at being a head coach somewhere.

Not, not SOMEWHERE......In KC if Haley Fizzles out. Too good to be true though. If we could land Weiss, then we should be able to land Crennel as well.

If Haley had Weiss and Crennel, he couldn't possibly fuck that up, could he?

CHIEFS58
too many big heads there now, cant add another.

Colt4540
Wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

shitgoose
12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
I think Weis and Crennel would have to lose a few pounds if they are going to join Haley's staff.

Rooster
12-21-2009, 02:12 PM
I think Weis and Crennel would have to lose a few pounds if they are going to join Haley's staff.

ROFL You might be right

HotRoute
12-21-2009, 02:22 PM
weis wouldnt solve all the problems here, but he would definately make Todd Haley's job more simple. he has a lot on his plate as a first year HC, plus OC and QB coach. with weis coming into the mix he could take over the OC and QB coach duties and allow haley to be more productive as a HC .

the only problem is if we do better with weis he will most likely get all of the credit for turning it around here and be up for a HC spot sooner than later. and if we do nothing better we will think pioli is a fool for bringing a failed college coach. either way you look at it, its going to be complicated.

BigRedChief
12-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Weiss and Crennell? Sign me up. Haley needs some experience around him, if he will listen and if they do a great job and Haley flops....welllll if I was one of those coaches I'd thinlk I had the inside track.

ModSocks
12-21-2009, 02:27 PM
weis wouldnt solve all the problems here, but he would definately make Todd Haley's job more simple. he has a lot on his plate as a first year HC, plus OC and QB coach. with weis coming into the mix he could take over the OC and QB coach duties and allow haley to be more productive as a HC .

the only problem is if we do better with weis he will most likely get all of the credit for turning it around here and be up for a HC spot sooner than later. and if we do nothing better we will think pioli is a fool for bringing a failed college coach. either way you look at it, its going to be complicated.

I think if they failed, the blame would be laid at Haley's feet. It would give Pioli enough reason to promote Weiss or Crennel to HC, which you know damn well is what he wants to do anyway.

KC kid
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
There is a huge problem brewing in Kansas City around hiring coaches. . . That problem is Todd Haley.

I am stealing from JWhit here, but there is no coordinator worth a damn that will come work under this guy. He has berated too many coaches. If you were a respected coach, would YOU come work on a talent-deprived team for THIS HEAD COACH. I am not usually one to say fire your coach after one year, but Haley may have backed the Chiefs into a corner. Free agents won't play for him and coaches won't work under him. I just don't see it.

BigRedChief
12-21-2009, 02:35 PM
There is a huge problem brewing in Kansas City around hiring coaches. . . That problem is Todd Haley.

I am stealing from JWhit here, but there is no coordinator worth a damn that will come work under this guy. I think Weiss and Crennell would for the reasons I listed in the above post.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
I think if they failed, the blame would be laid at Haley's feet. It would give Pioli enough reason to promote Weiss or Crennel to HC, which you know damn well is what he wants to do anyway.

Yep.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 02:42 PM

Because they were both so successful as head coaches.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't want that fat cunt or his "decided schematic advantage".

CoMoChief
12-21-2009, 02:45 PM

I am stealing from JWhit here, but there is no coordinator worth a damn that will come work under this guy. He has berated too many coaches. If you were a respected coach, would YOU come work on a talent-deprived team for THIS HEAD COACH. I am not usually one to say fire your coach after one year, but Haley may have backed the Chiefs into a corner. Free agents won't play for him and coaches won't work under him. I just don't see it.

Weis and Haley worked together for a long time in a 10 x 10 office. I'm sure they like eachother and learned to work together if anything.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't want that fat cunt or his "decided schematic advantage".

http://michael-shirley.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/roflbrothel.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Weis and Haley worked together for a long time in a 10 x 10 office. I'm sure they like eachother and learned to work together if anything.

If by "worked together" you mean Haley hid in a drawer marked "Fat Free" so he wouldn't be eaten by him, then yes, you are correct.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 02:48 PM
If by "worked together" you mean Haley hid in a drawer marked "Fat Free" so he wouldn't be eaten by him, then yes, you are correct.

ROFL

raybec 4
12-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Not, not SOMEWHERE......In KC if Haley Fizzles out. Too good to be true though. If we could land Weiss, then we should be able to land Crennel as well.

If Haley had Weiss and Crennel, he couldn't possibly **** that up, could he?

I guess that depends on how many times he tries to fake punt from his own 28 after not going for fourth and one twice.

Dark Horse
12-21-2009, 03:05 PM

If I spent several years in a 10x10 office with Haley, like would probably not be the word I would use to describe my feelings for him

Sully
12-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Once Haley figures out that head coaches in the NFL do about 20% of the actual "coaching" of the team, then hiring these two guys will be a no-brainer.

SDChiefs
12-21-2009, 03:15 PM

If Haley had Weiss and Crennel, he couldn't possibly **** that up, could he?

But he would certainly do his best to.

Fritz88
12-21-2009, 03:28 PM

did you see how Haley gained weight 6 months after arriving here?

CoMoChief
12-21-2009, 03:33 PM

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Weis? Okay.

Crennel?

No thanks.

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Getting the band back together is a big mistake.

I'm all for adding more experienced coaches, ideally with a record of success, but I'd like to have multiple perspectives, not just Boston-West.

Haley's opinion doesn't count at this point.

DaWolf
12-21-2009, 03:41 PM

This is probably overblown IMO. Sure, SOME coaches and players may not fit with Haley, but that's true of pretty much all coaches. If Haley were this horrible human being that no one liked, he never would have been hired by these other coaches in the first place and moved up the ranks.

The key is for Haley to get guys who know his style and philosophy and can work with him to put the team together properly.

As far as players go, they'll go where the money is. Always have, always will. So that will come down to how much do we want to spend...

MOhillbilly
12-21-2009, 03:42 PM
too many big heads there now, cant add another.

bullshit

raybec 4
12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
This is probably overblown IMO. Sure, SOME coaches and players may not fit with Haley, but that's true of pretty much all coaches. If Haley were this horrible human being that no one liked, he never would have been hired by these other coaches in the first place and moved up the ranks.

The key is for Haley to get guys who know his style and philosophy and can work with him to put the team together properly.

As far as players go, they'll go where the money is. Always have, always will. So that will come down to how much do we want to spend...

I wonder if Mo Carthon agrees with the style and why he wasn't given the job.

ModSocks
12-21-2009, 03:44 PM

Yeah, but how much will we have to OVER-spend to get these players? Haley's temperment+shit team+lack of stars+small market city= A lot of extra money to entice a player.

DaWolf
12-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Getting the band back together is a big mistake.

I'm all for adding more experienced coaches, ideally with a record of success, but I'd like to have multiple perspectives, not just Boston-West.

Haley's opinion doesn't count at this point.

I dunno, I think the whole thing to building a well run team is getting coaches who A) can coach, and B) are all on the same page philosophically and player acquisition wise.

On our last staff, you had a HC who believed in heavy cover 2 zone, and a DC who believed in man-to-man blitzing. It really didn't work very well.

Still, the most critical thing is A. I'm pretty sure there are a lot better coaches out there than the ones we have...

MOhillbilly
12-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Once Haley figures out that head coaches in the NFL do about 20% of the actual "coaching" of the team, then hiring these two guys will be a no-brainer.

my uncle told me acouple hall of fame coaches he coached under were not Xs & O guys, they were jimmy & joe guys. Seems to me like alot if not most head coaches who find success in the nfl are the kinda men who can convince other men to run through brick walls over & over.
jmo.

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm sure Haley would love to be told what to do by Crennel or Weis. The same guy who can't even be told by a fan that he deserves to be fired.

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm sure Haley would love to be told what to do by Crennel or Weis. The same guy who can't even be told by a fan that he deserves to be fired.

This is a solid point.

I'd love to see him telling one of those dudes to, "FUCK OFF111" in the middle of a game...

Oh, but of course, Haley has developed past this point. Yeah...

MOhillbilly
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM

I doubt if haley is foolish enough to not take into consideration words of advise from coaches who have been to the Mnt. top in the NFL.

Could be wrong but i doubt if even his ego is that big.