PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet First Down Elvis

Pages : [1] 2

stevieray
12-22-2009, 12:23 PM
..is retired. Thanks to everyone who ever came up and said hi, or gave their support...I truly appreciate it...it's been a blast to give back to the fans and community...but it's been five years and it's time to move on.

Thanks again and best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors...I hope the holiday season brings you joy.

stevieray

Boon
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Let me be the first.
This isn't an "I'm leaving forever thread?"

Just kidding. Congrats on the five years

vailpass
12-22-2009, 12:30 PM
What? I've got a kick out of being able to tell people I talk to that Chiefs Elvis guy on the internet.
Hope you are retiring on your own terms.
Peace to you and yours on the holiday.

Reaper16
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks a lot, Pioli. CBS camerapersons are now in a tizzy figuring out what to use as a coming-back-from-commercial shot now that the standby FDE shot isn't available.

InChiefsHeaven
12-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Well, 5 years was a great run. Why the retirement? Just curious...

Hydrae
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
I am sure it has to have been fun. Sorry to hear it must end.

Just curious, why is this posted in the DC forums?

Radar Chief
12-22-2009, 01:06 PM
That’s too bad, Steve.
You sure seemed to get a kick out of it, and I know plenty of others that do also.

Radar Chief
12-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Just curious, why is this posted in the DC forums?

I’m assuming it’s in anticipation of the flaming he’ll get from the few that have held the FDE character against him.

HonestChieffan
12-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Done here as as a season tick holder too. You made a lot of smiles in Lot B!

RealSNR
12-22-2009, 01:18 PM
That's sad news. It was always cool to see you on CBS broadcasts with Weird Wolf. I could say in front of my friends, "I know that guy (from the internet)!"

I'm also wondering about Hydrae's question. Why is this in DC?

Iowanian
12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
This shouldn't be in DC....

nice run.
I don't blame you, you've only been able to say "First down" about 5 times/week the past 2 seasons anyway.

seclark
12-22-2009, 02:05 PM
count me in as another who's pointed at fde on the tv and said, "i (kinda) know that guy.

good job stevie...happy retirement, and merry Christmas.
sec

Fish
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Hope this doesn't dampen the passion you have for the Chiefs and football in general. I know lots of people who fed off that energy.

Good luck to you and yours Stevie. Have a Merry Christmas.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2009, 02:08 PM
:(

Chief Henry
12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
You were an icon stevieray.

Maybe some year when the Chiefs become GREAT, we'll see FDE back in the stands.

Thanks for the ride.

burt
12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
My boy still talks of meeting you at the game several years ago!! Your character will be missed.

FAX
12-22-2009, 02:14 PM
This is a sad day in the Chiefs Kingdom.

Do you think it's possible that someday, somehow, First Down Elvis will make a comeback?

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2009, 02:16 PM
There's only 1 person who's ever been on TV that's made me tell everyone in a room "I know that guy!"

FDE will be missed.

DeezNutz
12-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Farmer asked for your playbook? Damn...

:)

Buck
12-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Grow your hair out a little more and you can be First Down John Lennon

Bob Dole
12-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Who?

Dartgod
12-22-2009, 02:23 PM
This is a sad day in the Chiefs Kingdom.

Do you think it's possible that someday, somehow, First Down Elvis will make a comeback?

FAX
He's coming back next year as "Fourth Down Michael Jackson"

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2009, 02:23 PM
He's coming back next year as "Fourth Down Michael Jackson"

Hee hee.

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 02:29 PM
It was always Stevieray I was sharing jaggerbombs with during tailgates, not that FDE guy. :thumb:

Nixhex
12-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I got a chance to tailgate with and watch the game with Stevie a few times this year. He brought lots of smiles to people and I never once saw him turn down someone wanting a picture or whatever. He seems like a pretty good dude and I to hope to see him at the games next year as just Stevie Ray.

seclark
12-22-2009, 02:30 PM
"...but i'll have a blue, blue blue blue Christmas"

tooge
12-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Moving on, as in to a different dead singer? Like, say, First Down JOhn Denver, or First Down Marvin Gaye, or First Down John Lennon? You mean like that?

Braincase
12-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen

Elvis has left the building.

Skip Towne
12-22-2009, 02:38 PM
You just want to give up your season tickets don't you? So does everybody else.

ChiTown
12-22-2009, 02:39 PM
..is retired. Thanks to everyone who ever came up and said hi, or gave their support...I truly appreciate it...it's been a blast to give back to the fans and community...but it's been five years and it's time to move on.

Thanks again and best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors...I hope the holiday season brings you joy.

stevieray

God bless ya, stevie.

You're a helluva fan.

teedubya
12-22-2009, 02:39 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBfYQOSSPqc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBfYQOSSPqc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

smittysbar
12-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Sad to hear

kindra68
12-22-2009, 02:44 PM
awwww Stevie, i'll miss FDE. but you still rock in my book!

tooge
12-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm serious, you cant just go away. You started this, now you have to continue to do it. We wont let you retire. You just need a new schtick. I mean, we were gonna tell you, but just didn't have the heart, so here goes.(deep breath) Everyone knew you weren't really Elvis. It's ok.I really like First down Jim Morrison. Other suggestions?

shakesthecat
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
You're keeping the van though, right?

Simply Red
12-22-2009, 02:52 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/hwk9y0.gif

http://i47.tinypic.com/2mwuyav.gif

Simply Red
12-22-2009, 02:53 PM
You're keeping the van though, right?

ROFL

rockymtnchief
Good job and good luck down the road! Merry Christmas!

wild1
I had my photo taken with you once several years ago, Elvis. Thanks for being gracious to my friends and I.

RJ
12-22-2009, 02:55 PM

stevieray

I'm sorry I never got to see FDE in real life, but I did enjoy seeing him on TV.

I know that had to take a great deal of dedication, Stevie. Sorry you didn't have better teams to celebrate first downs for.

Extra Point
12-22-2009, 02:55 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks!

teedubya
12-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Would you consider returning to the elvis costume... IF they start winning again in a couple years?

InChiefsHeaven
12-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Dammit Scott!!:cuss:

teedubya
12-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I guess what Im trying to figure out... is this a Michael Jordan/ Brett Favre retirement... or a Barry Sanders retirement?

Simply Red
12-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Way to go, Chunt,
you can't even save your mascots!

xfactor
12-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Elvis I've really enjoyed building KCSUPERFANS with you. You have become such a great friend over the years and that will never change. Thank you for moving mountains in the community, helping charities raise millions of dollars but most importantly positiviely impacting thousands upon thousand of people lives, especially all of the kids you helped. Anytime you want to help a charity just let us know and ill get you the info. Your character made a huge difference, you will always be a Hall of Famer in my book!!

Demonpenz
12-22-2009, 03:12 PM
you were elvis? I thought you were supposed to be the honky tonk man

talastan
12-22-2009, 03:15 PM
God Bless Stevie and thanks for all the memories as Elvis. We'll keep an eye out for ya in the future when this team is finally built something. :clap:

SAUTO
12-22-2009, 03:17 PM
hope this is on your terms stevie. best of luck in all you do. you will be missed GREATLY, well FDE will, i'm sure you will still be around

gblowfish
12-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey Steve: You're the best, man. Always enjoyed seeing you out at Arrowhead, although I never got a chance to meet you in person. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face at the games.

Bwana
12-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve. The kids still talk about the time they got to meet Elvis and get their picture taken with him.

HemiEd
12-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Stevie, sorry to hear you are retiring the FDE gig. Are you sure it has only been five years? Maybe you lost track of time a little bit? I know I have been on the planet five years now, and I don't think you were brand new at that gig, were you?

Merry Christmas friend! :thumb:

Phobia
12-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I'd retire as well - watching the Chiefs give season tickets to some random costumed idiot last week and ignoring you for years.

NewChief
12-22-2009, 03:29 PM
"Three and Out Elvis" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Probably best just to retire.

Seriously, you just not have the time and energy to do it anymore or what?

NewChief
12-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Stevie, sorry to hear you are retiring the FDE gig. Are you sure it has only been five years? Maybe you lost track of time a little bit? I know I have been on the planet five years now, and I don't think you were brand new at that gig, were you?

Merry Christmas friend! :thumb:

I think it's been a few more than 5 as well. Pretty sure FDE was around when I first started following the Chiefs in like... 2001.

Phobia
12-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I think it's been a few more than 5 as well. Pretty sure FDE was around when I first started following the Chiefs in like... 2001.
Nah. He conceived of it at a game towards the end of the 2003 season and started wearing costumes in 2004.

Simply Red
12-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve. The kids still talk about the time they got me meet Elvis and get their picture taken with him.

actually, that's funny.

old_geezer
12-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Sad day, but I can fully understand the desire to "move on". You are, and will remain, one of my favorite posters on ChiefsPlanet. Rep for all you've done.

Bearcat
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM
It's been great seeing you at Arrowhead the past several years, FDE... you even took a pic with a couple of my Bronco friends a couple of years ago, which had to be pretty painful. I know I died a little on the inside that day, too.

But, if you're ever embarrassed to show your face around Arrowhead due to the Chiefs' record, just remember that you have the best grocery bag ever made...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=188

TrebMaxx
12-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Sad day in Chief's history if you ask me.

Dartgod
12-22-2009, 03:46 PM
It's been great seeing you at Arrowhead the past several years, FDE... you even took a pic with a couple of my Bronco friends a couple of years ago, which had to be pretty painful. I know I died a little on the inside that day, too.

But, if you're ever embarrassed to show your face around Arrowhead due to the Chiefs' record, just remember that you have the best grocery bag ever made...

Who's that handsome devil between BigRedChief and Rainman?

big nasty kcnut
12-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Damn now who i going to hang with when i go to kc merry chrismas my friend
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 03:55 PM

Theres a classic pic, Rainman, Patteau, Dartgod and FDE all in one pic.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2009, 04:09 PM
It was awesome to see you in the stands, have a happy retirement :D

TinyEvel
12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Stevie, you are a classy guy. I'm glad we're friends. FDE will be missed. Thanks for all those years.

Donger
12-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Do us all a favor: stay away from barbiturates and toilets. In that order.

Simply Red
12-22-2009, 04:25 PM

who is the goofball 2nd from the right? :evil::D

CHENZ A!
12-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I hope you'll keep coming to the games. Maybe some game you'll feel like breaking it out again.

I also hope that everything is ok, and you're not retiring it because something bad has happened.

Congrats on the 5 year run and all the good work you have done. You the man!
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefbowe82
12-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I will be taking over the role. I'm located in section 110. Best of wishes to the old FDE in his future endeavors! And the best of luck to the new super fan (me).

Cannibal
12-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Theres a classic pic, Rainman, Patteau, Dartgod and FDE all in one pic.

Who's who in the pic?

Cannibal
12-22-2009, 04:43 PM
That Elvis bag is really funny though. Grats on your years as FDE Stevieray.

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Who's who in the pic?
L-R = Patteau, FDE, BRC, Dartgod, Rainman, kcnut

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Nah. He conceived of it at a game towards the end of the 2003 season and started wearing costumes in 2004.Its seems like a lot longer than that.

Mile High Mania
12-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Damn... sad to hear. So, are you retiring because you're no longer going to be a season ticket holder?

My brother-in-law always refers back to the game a few Decembers ago when he and I went to Denver/Chiefs in December and we met up with you guys. He didn't believe me when I said "We're going to find these guys at the tailgate, one of them dresses as Elvis."

It was great meeting you and the rest - the character was classic.

LaChapelle
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I feel your pain
PBJ FIRST DOWN SAMIE PBJ
didn't last either

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Cue Mecca in 5...4...3...

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Not kcnut. That's Stew. Can't remember his board handle off the top of my head but he lost his job in OP and had to move to Nebraska.

FAX
12-22-2009, 05:10 PM
The timing of your retirement couldn't be worse, frankly.

Myself and a couple of other guys have been rehearsing as The First Down Jordanaires. One of the FDJs' wives has been working on our costumes and everything. Now, we have to find a whole new gig. And what are we going to do with eight and a half million friggin' rhinestones?

FAX

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Damn... sad to hear. So, are you retiring because you're no longer going to be a season ticket holder?

I'm guessing here.

Many other teams in the NFL give their most celebrated Superfans season tickets for free - or greatly reduced prices. The Chiefs don't do crap for the KC Superfans.

But last Sunday they give season tickets to a random fan who was dressed in costume and asked Superfans (who don't get crap) to judge their little contest.

What a slap in the face for these guys.

Mile High Mania
12-22-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm guessing here.

Many other teams in the NFL give their most celebrated Superfans season tickets for free - or greatly reduced prices. The Chiefs don't do crap for the KC Superfans.

But last Sunday they give season tickets to a random fan who was dressed in costume and asked Superfans (who don't get crap) to judge their little contest.

Wow... that is quite a kick to the crotch.

FAX
12-22-2009, 05:12 PM

A friggin' judy chop is what it is.

FAX

Donger
12-22-2009, 05:13 PM

Yes, that must Sting.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing here.

What a slap in the face for these guys.:eek: WTF?

NewChief
12-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing here.

They're a bunch of greedy bastages at #1 Arrowhead these days. Don't cut deals for former players, either (though I realize that former players are "rich," it's still a little crazy). Trent looked into getting a box for a family deal... was going to cost him like 20,000.

FAX
12-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Somebody has to pick up the baton, here.

It's a darn hard act to follow, but maybe Mr. Dartgod could score a white wig somewhere and dress up as First Down Barnaby Jones?

FAX

Mecca
12-22-2009, 05:16 PM
They're a bunch of greedy bastages at #1 Arrowhead these days. Don't cut deals for former players, either (though I realize that former players are "rich," it's still a little crazy). Trent looked into getting a box for a family deal... was going to cost him like 20,000.

Does this really surprise you?

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear, Stevie, since I presume it's been a fun gig for you.

You know what you should do? You should pretend to take a bunch of pills in the fourth quarter and flop over. Or maybe if that's too crass, you should peel off all the Elvis stuff in the fourth quarter of the last game and turn back into a regular fan. Maybe even leave the Elvis gear hanging over the rail when you leave. I'll bet that would be on NFL Network for the next 20 years.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm guessing here.

Well, that's not cool at all. I'd be ticked if I was Stevie or XFactor or the other guys.

memyselfI
I hope this doesn't mean you are vanishing again. I mean, after all we've been through we are at a good place again like we were when we started. I'd hate for you to go now. :eek:

Donger

You know what you should do? You should pretend to take a bunch of pills in the fourth quarter and flop over. Or maybe if that's too crass, you should peel off all the Elvis stuff in the fourth quarter of the last game and turn back into a regular fan. Maybe even leave the Elvis gear hanging over the rail when you leave. I'll bet that would be on NFL Network for the next 20 years.

There's got to be a way to work "Elvis has left the building!" into that.

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:20 PM

$20k? So, like almost as much as he was paid per pass completion?

Maybe he should have bartered with them a little. Half a pass completion and a couple signed jerseys....

Mecca
12-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Someone can use my 4th down Haley idea.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Someone can use my 4th down Haley idea.

I think I'll punt on that one.

Which ironically means that I'm not qualified to do it in the first place.

NewChief
12-22-2009, 05:23 PM
$20k? So, like almost as much as he was paid per pass completion?

Maybe he should have bartered with them a little. Half a pass completion and a couple signed jerseys....

Somehow, I think your math is off. Still, it surprised me that they didn't cut him any kind of deal at all. He was willing to pay, but we all said it was stupid and not worth it. Anyway... just in theme with a lot of the vibe around the franchise these days.

Edit:
Actually, you might be somewhat close. I think at 2777 completions, that comes out to 55 million. Did he make that much with the Chiefs?

Cannibal
12-22-2009, 05:27 PM

Oh cool. Thank you.

For some reason I thought kcnut was a black guy.

Cannibal
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Not kcnut. That's Stew. Can't remember his board handle off the top of my head but he lost his job in OP and had to move to Nebraska.

Oh thanks for the correction.

FAX
12-22-2009, 05:29 PM
FDE will never be forgotten.

In fact, next season I wouldn't be surprised to see a whole bunch of First Down Elvis Impersonators in the stands.

FAX

chasedude
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm guessing here.

That is a raw deal. More proof they don't care about their fans but still want the almighty dollar.

I can understand Stevie quitting the gig for this, if it is the issue.

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Somehow, I think your math is off. Still, it surprised me that they didn't cut him any kind of deal at all. He was willing to pay, but we all said it was stupid and not worth it. Anyway... just in theme with a lot of the vibe around the franchise these days.

Edit:
Actually, you might be somewhat close. I think at 2777 completions, that comes out to 55 million. Did he make that much with the Chiefs?

He signed a $50,000,000 contract with the Chiefs in 03, two years after he arrived. So, I'm guessing he got pretty close to that.

NewChief
12-22-2009, 05:34 PM
He signed a $50,000,000 contract with the Chiefs in 03, two years after he arrived. So, I'm guessing he got pretty close to that.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much of that he ended up getting, though. I think he renegotiated his contract a couple of times... anyway... your estimate is probably pretty close.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:34 PM

kc rush if I remember correctly.

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how much of that he ended up getting, though. I think he renegotiated his contract a couple of times... anyway... your estimate is probably pretty close.

Of course it's close. I don't go around pulling numbers out of my rear. I don't make nicknames for people who don't deserve them. I'm like a standup guy or something.

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:36 PM
kc rush if I remember correctly.

Correct.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Looks like Trent made about $20 million with the Chiefs

Year Team Base Salary Sign Bonus Other Bonus Total Salary Cap Value Position
2008 Rams $ 1,000,000 $ 2,100,000 $ 902,520 $ 4,002,520 $ 2,602,520 QB
2007 Dolphins $ 1,500,000 $ 1,000,000 $ 6,000,000 $ 6,000,000 $ 5,333,333 QB
2006 Chiefs $ 5,700,000 $ 0 $ 300,000 $ 6,000,000 $ 8,298,808 QB
2005 Chiefs $ 4,700,000 $ 0 $ 300,000 $ 5,000,000 $ 7,298,808 QB
2004 Chiefs $ 1,795,000 $ 1,750,000 $ 350,000 $ 3,895,000 $ 4,443,808 QB
2003 Chiefs $ 655,000 $ 0 $ 4,300 $ 659,300 $ 2,666,442 QB
2002 Chiefs $ 650,000 $ 0 $ 100,000 $ 750,000 $ 1,400,000 QB
2001 Chiefs $ 2,400,000 $ 0 $ 100,000 $ 2,500,000 $ 2,500,000 QB
2000 Rams $ 2,900,000 $ 1,125,000 $ 100,000 $ 4,125,000 $ 4,125,000 QB

NewChief
12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Looks like Trent made about $20 million with the Chiefs

Year Team Base Salary Sign Bonus Other Bonus Total Salary Cap Value Position
2008 Rams $ 1,000,000 $ 2,100,000 $ 902,520 $ 4,002,520 $ 2,602,520 QB
2007 Dolphins $ 1,500,000 $ 1,000,000 $ 6,000,000 $ 6,000,000 $ 5,333,333 QB
2006 Chiefs $ 5,700,000 $ 0 $ 300,000 $ 6,000,000 $ 8,298,808 QB
2005 Chiefs $ 4,700,000 $ 0 $ 300,000 $ 5,000,000 $ 7,298,808 QB
2004 Chiefs $ 1,795,000 $ 1,750,000 $ 350,000 $ 3,895,000 $ 4,443,808 QB
2003 Chiefs $ 655,000 $ 0 $ 4,300 $ 659,300 $ 2,666,442 QB
2002 Chiefs $ 650,000 $ 0 $ 100,000 $ 750,000 $ 1,400,000 QB
2001 Chiefs $ 2,400,000 $ 0 $ 100,000 $ 2,500,000 $ 2,500,000 QB
2000 Rams $ 2,900,000 $ 1,125,000 $ 100,000 $ 4,125,000 $ 4,125,000 QB

Thank you for exposing Phobia for the gross exaggerator that he is!

Donger
12-22-2009, 05:42 PM
What make and model automobile does Trent drive?

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Edit: Since it's hard to read, his total salary was:

2008 Rams $4,002,520
2007 Dolphins $6,000,000
2006 Chiefs $6,000,000
2005 Chiefs $5,000,000
2004 Chiefs $3,895,000
2003 Chiefs $659,300
2002 Chiefs $750,000
2001 Chiefs $2,500,000
2000 Rams $4,125,000

I don't have data prior to 2000. (This is from USA Today: http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=green&player=895&loc=interstitialskip)

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Thank you for exposing Phobia for the gross exaggerator that he is!

I feel bad about it since he just backed me up on the kc rush thing.

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:43 PM
That can't be right, Rain Man. I think Green was on the Elway plan for a while.

NewChief
12-22-2009, 05:44 PM
What make and model automobile does Trent drive?

He's got a ford truck (king ranch package) and a sweet Mercedes (sorry, I don't know my luxury cars very well).

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Which kind of amazing car did he buy his sister?

Donger
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
He's got a ford truck (king ranch package) and a sweet Mercedes (sorry, I don't know my luxury cars very well).

Damn. I was going to guess Porsche.

NewChief
12-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Edit: Since it's hard to read, his total salary was:

2008 Rams $4,002,520
2007 Dolphins $6,000,000
2006 Chiefs $6,000,000
2005 Chiefs $5,000,000
2004 Chiefs $3,895,000
2003 Chiefs $659,300
2002 Chiefs $750,000
2001 Chiefs $2,500,000
2000 Rams $4,125,000

I don't have data prior to 2000. (This is from USA Today: http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=green&player=895&loc=interstitialskip)

Crazy that he banked that much for his time in Miami and with the Rams. Wow.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
That can't be right, Rain Man. I think Green was on the Elway plan for a while.

Admittedly, I'm not sure of USA Today's journalistic standards.

Donger
12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Crazy that he banked that much for his time in Miami and with the Rams. Wow.

NewPhin, making a list and checking it twice.

NewChief
12-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Which kind of amazing car did he buy his sister?

Fucker brought a snuggie to our Dirty Santa exchange this year, and I ended up with it. He thought it was hilarious. I threatened to make him sign it, just so I could throw it up on Ebay.

Donger
12-22-2009, 05:49 PM
****er brought a snuggie to our Dirty Santa exchange this year, and I ended up with it. He thought it was hilarious. I threatened to make him sign it, just so I could throw it up on Ebay.

LMAO

Phobia
12-22-2009, 05:51 PM
****er brought a snuggie to our Dirty Santa exchange this year, and I ended up with it. He thought it was hilarious. I threatened to make him sign it, just so I could throw it up on Ebay.

I'll give you $7.27 for it.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
doesn't say what the earlier years were, but the USA Today numbers above are either wrong or reflect his restructured contract although ESPN doesn't indicate it was ever less that $7.2 when he was traded

http://www.sportus.com/kansas-city-chiefs-ask-trent-green-to-restructure-his-contract-article-853.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2906940

RJ
12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I'll give you $7.27 for it.

I'll go $8 if it's signed. Otherwise I have no need for a snuggie.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm also retired.

http://i46.tinypic.com/9k6n7r.jpg

Mile High Mania
12-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm also retired.

Yeah, but nobody would give a shit... even if it were true.

luv
12-22-2009, 06:18 PM
You'll be missed.

stevieray will still be attending bashes, though, right?

"Bob" Dobbs
12-22-2009, 06:22 PM
The timing of your retirement couldn't be worse, frankly.

Myself and a couple of other guys have been rehearsing as The First Down Jordanaires. One of the FDJs' wives has been working on our costumes and everything. Now, we have to find a whole new gig. And what are we going to do with eight and a half million friggin' rhinestones?

FAXFirst Down Liberace? :shrug:

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
kc rush if I remember correctly.thats it, kcrush, sorry.

Knob
12-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Bad week first george was flipped off, FDE quit, and tommy kelly's pants fell off Geesh.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 06:34 PM
With Stevie Ray retiring, there's an opening for a new superfan dressed as a 16th-century French king. I really think this is a winning concept.

chiefbowe82
12-22-2009, 06:43 PM
With Stevie Ray retiring, there's an opening for a new superfan dressed as a 16th-century French king. I really think this is a winning concept.

go to pg 5

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 06:45 PM
One of my Favorites from the 2006 Indy Playoff game in Indy.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=39
Weirdwolf, BRC, FDE, Grandlamma, Onthewarpath58

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 06:48 PM
The infamous dartgod jersey pic
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=197
FDE, Dartgod, That Phobia guy, KC Dan, BRC

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 06:52 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=188FDE

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 06:58 PM
go to pg 5

Seriously? 16th-century French king? You'll do it? I'll even kick in some money to help pay for the costume.

Calcountry
12-22-2009, 07:02 PM
What? I've got a kick out of being able to tell people I talk to that Chiefs Elvis guy on the internet.
Hope you are retiring on your own terms.
Peace to you and yours on the holiday.This. If you could have seen the look on my kids face when I told them, that I talk to this guy, when CBS had you on TV going to commercial.

:D God bless.

Calcountry
12-22-2009, 07:06 PM
It was always Stevieray I was sharing jaggerbombs with during tailgates, not that FDE guy. :thumb::clap::clap::clap:

Baby Lee
12-22-2009, 07:06 PM
The infamous dartgod jersey pic
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=197
That Phobia guy

http://www.familyguyquotes.com/images/stewie.gif

How you uh, how you comin' on that hot dog you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big bun filled with pig parts there? Gotta, gotta nice litte schnitzel you're working on there? Your big hot dog you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling mustard? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta belly bomb brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little poppy seed bun? Beginning, middle, and end? Some tastes become nutrition, some nutrition becomes junk? At the end your tummy is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

Sorry, you just looked like Seth McFarland in that pic.

WilliamTheIrish
12-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm guessing here.

Let me just say this as a guy who was a STH when the Chiefs were extremely shitty:

They better NOT be giving away free ST's to anybody, including the "Superfans" before they reward the poor idiotic f*cks like myself and George (sorry George) who sat through two decades of the worst football the franchise ever played. (Before they priced me out).

WilliamTheIrish
12-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Put the suit in a glass case Steve. It's the only thing really retiring.

Have a good Christmas dude.

DeezNutz
12-22-2009, 07:15 PM
The OP mentions giving back to the fans and the community.

Are the "superfans" involved in a charity of some sort? Something else (beyond the Hunt foundation, of course)?

chiefbowe82
12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Seriously? 16th-century French king? You'll do it? I'll even kick in some money to help pay for the costume.

perhaps steve will be loaning me his, since he won't be needing it anymore.

Calcountry
12-22-2009, 07:20 PM
There's got to be a way to work "Elvis has left the building!" into that.Just tweet some announcers from CBS, that they should get footage of the "Elvis has left the building moment", at arrowhead.

Calcountry
12-22-2009, 07:23 PM
I'll give you $7.27 for it.BTW, did you ever get your 500 hunda from Warpaint?

Reaper16
12-22-2009, 07:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBfYQOSSPqc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
WIN

you were elvis? I thought you were supposed to be the honky tonk man
WIN

RJ
12-22-2009, 07:36 PM
This. If you could have seen the look on my kids face when I told them, that I talk to this guy, when CBS had you on TV going to commercial.

:D God bless.

Same here. Stevie is taking away the closest contact most of us have with a celebrity. Dane being the exception to that, of course.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2009, 07:37 PM
If I had been smart enough to save all the video clips of FDE over the years I could now set it to some Elvis and give Stevie a proper sendoff. Alas...

KcMizzou
12-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Same here. Stevie is taking away the closest contact most of us have with a celebrity. Dane being the exception to that, of course.Yeah, I was at my mom's once when he popped up on screen. I said, "I know that guy."

"YOU DO NOT! Seriously?" LMAO

She was highly impressed.

morphius
12-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow, that really sucks. Always enjoyed seeing you on TV, and if anyone laughed about the guy in Elvis garb I always made sure to straighten them out.

Phob's - The Superfan's giving someone else free tickets does seem very Chief's, they almost get it, but in the end just miss the point.

luv
12-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Video I found on youtube.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDqS7yHTlZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDqS7yHTlZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dirk digler
12-22-2009, 08:06 PM
That sucks Stevie. Good luck to you in whatever you do in the future.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 08:24 PM
perhaps steve will be loaning me his, since he won't be needing it anymore.

He has a 16-century French king costume? Awesome!

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 08:34 PM
assless chaps?

I think that was more of a Spanish king thing.

C-Mac
12-22-2009, 08:45 PM

stevieray
Little tribute to FDE, your a class act Stevie.
http://kcchiefsgames.com/FDE3.jpg
Into the sunset.....

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2009, 09:03 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDqS7yHTlZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDqS7yHTlZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was going to post it, but you beat me to it.

I took that video in Indy before the 2006 Playoff Game. I think that's just the tail end, I couldn't get to my camera quick enough. These guys saw Steve and started belting out Jailhouse Rock, IIRC. Definitely a cool moment.

Steve, I hope this is on your terms. You can retire the uniform, but the fan inside remains.

Best of luck, and Happy Holidays.

shakesthecat
12-22-2009, 09:17 PM
In an effort to help those of you who haven't ever seen Stevie sans FDE garb, here's a pre-FDE blast from the past to help you recognize him next year.

From left to right, Stevie, Dartgod, KCDan, moi

Oh, and Taco, fuck off! :D

patteeu
12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
You've practically been the face of the Chiefs fanbase for the last several years, Stevie. It's been an impressive run. It's sad to realize that it's over, but now you can move on to whatever is next. The great part of it is that you're not really going anywhere (I hope). :thumb:

Like several others, my kids were super impressed that I'd met the Elvis guy on TV before. You're an icon!

Otter
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I too am sorry to see you retire FDE Stevie. I sincerly hope it's a stepping stone to something better and evern more kick ass.

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/HDqS7yHTlZ0&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>
Where the hell am I in that clip? Myself, onthewarpath58, grandlama, FDE and werewolf were just walking into the Indy playoff game in 2006 and we came upon these guys in the street and FDE and the band broke into some Jailhouse Rock spontaneusly. It was a really cool moment. One of the best, if not the best moment of the whole trip.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2009, 10:13 PM

This photograph screams, "I LOVE SALAD"!

Hammock Parties
12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
http://www.zachishere.com/2009/12/22/first-down-elvis-retires-arrowhead-losing-games-and-die-hard-fans/

morphius
12-22-2009, 10:28 PM
http://www.zachishere.com/2009/12/22/first-down-elvis-retires-arrowhead-losing-games-and-die-hard-fans/
Of course weirdwolf retired a couple of years ago, and I haven't seen the arrow guy either.

RNR
12-22-2009, 10:45 PM
In an effort to help those of you who haven't ever seen Stevie sans FDE garb, here's a pre-FDE blast from the past to help you recognize him next year.

From left to right, Stevie, Dartgod, KCDan, moi

Oh, and Taco, **** off! :D

I still have a photo of a handful of us at a tailgate before the boy hit stardom~

Phobia
12-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Of course weirdwolf retired a couple of years ago, and I haven't seen the arrow guy either.

I've seen both Lynn and Monte at games this year. Lynn wasn't in full costume though so I guess that doesn't count.

BigRedChief
12-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I've seen both Lynn and Monte at games this year. Lynn wasn't in full costume though so I guess that doesn't count.yes, saw Lynn and monte both and no costumes too.

Do we know for sure that the Superfans were elgible for the season tickets but instead they picked those other lame fans?

FAX
12-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I think that, instead of just waiting for a shark attack to claim another innocent victim out for an afternoon swim off the Florida coast, we should invent a chain saw that works underwater. Those damn sharks would think twice about eating humans once they take on a guy with an underwater chain saw.

I'm pretty sure that even that big, giant Jaws shark would have one hell of a time eating an underwater chain saw. In fact, it's fair to say that the first time he takes on a lumberjack with a submarine saw would be his friggin' last. They say that sharks are right up there with cockroaches in terms of species longevity. In fact, some marine biologists claim that sharks have survived in more or less their current form for millions of years. Nevertheless, that record would come to a damn sudden and abrupt stop if we had enough guys with scuba gear and underwater chainsaws.

FAX

patteeu
12-22-2009, 10:58 PM
yes, saw Lynn and monte both and no costumes too.

Do we know for sure that the Superfans were elgible for the season tickets but instead they picked those other lame fans?

The Superfans were the judges, so I'd assume that they weren't eligible to win the prize.

patteeu
12-22-2009, 10:59 PM
I think that, instead of just waiting for a shark attack to claim another innocent victim out for an afternoon swim off the Florida coast, we should invent a chain saw that works underwater. Those damn sharks would think twice about eating humans once they take on a guy with an underwater chain saw.

I'm pretty sure that even that big, giant Jaws shark would have one hell of a time eating an underwater chain saw. In fact, it's fair to say that the first time he takes on a lumberjack with a submarine saw would be his friggin' last. They say that sharks are right up there with cockroaches in terms of species longevity. In fact, some marine biologists claim that sharks have survived in more or less their current form for millions of years. Nevertheless, that record would come to a damn sudden and abrupt stop if we had enough guys with scuba gear and underwater chainsaws.

FAX

Bizarre, but fascinating. LMAO

RNR
12-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Well Steve I hung out with you before and I bet we will after :) Merry Christmas bro~

KcMizzou
12-22-2009, 11:31 PM

FAX

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/23056/original/cool_story_bro.jpg?1255756922

"Bob" Dobbs
12-22-2009, 11:44 PM

FAXDude, when you had your recent health issues, what kind of medication did you get? I WANT some. ROFL

ChiefsCountry
12-23-2009, 12:45 AM

Did Trent get rid of the Explorer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
12-23-2009, 02:05 AM
loved your character
hope nobody else copies it
sorry you quit
but
hey it was a blast
gonna miss elvis

NewChief
12-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Did Trent get rid of the Explorer?
Posted via Mobile Device

His wife drives that.

|Zach|
12-23-2009, 07:03 AM
http://www.tonyskansascity.com/2009/12/kansas-city-blogger-reports-first-down.html

Yeesh.

Reaper16
12-23-2009, 07:29 AM
http://www.tonyskansascity.com/2009/12/kansas-city-blogger-reports-first-down.html

Yeesh.
Tony has been digging your posts lately.

|Zach|
12-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Tony has been digging your posts lately.

He is an interesting guy. Most people hate him. Which I completely get.

Any analytics done in Kansas City put his site at the middle for local information. There really isn't any site that even begins to draw the kinds of traffic TKC gets. The posts are so inflammatory and negative and sometimes downright horrible that people forget they are consuming news about KC. They are reading more about Kansas City than they would have otherwise.

It is quite a schtick.

BigRedChief
12-23-2009, 07:52 AM
The Superfans were the judges, so I'd assume that they weren't eligible to win the prize.If this is true, then how can we berate the Chiefs for some form of a diss?

NewChief
12-23-2009, 07:55 AM
If this is true, then how can we berate the Chiefs for some form of a diss?

Because they didn't make them eligible. The Superfans have been doing their thing, and paying for their tickets for years. Instead of allowing them a chance at winning season tickets, the organization chooses to not even allow them to enter the contest. Instead, opening it up to some "new" people to get the rewards of super fandom. Meanwhile, the original superfans have to continue paying for their season tickets while the newbie gets the freebie.

The argument is that instead of rewarding some unknown person with season tickets, they should have opened up the contest to the existing superfans as well, allowing them at least a possibility of winning season tickets as a reward for their years of "service."

booger
12-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Because they didn't make them eligible. The Superfans have been doing their thing, and paying for their tickets for years. Instead of allowing them a chance at winning season tickets, the organization chooses to not even allow them to enter the contest. Instead, opening it up to some "new" people to get the rewards of super fandom. Meanwhile, the original superfans have to continue paying for their season tickets while the newbie gets the freebie.

The argument is that instead of rewarding some unknown person with season tickets, they should have opened up the contest to the existing superfans as well, allowing them at least a possibility of winning season tickets as a reward for their years of "service."

this

he used to cut brenda warners hair or something so i trust his insight.

booger
12-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry to hear about it FDE. Don't blame you though.

BigRedChief
12-23-2009, 08:01 AM

who can disagree with that? Thats what should have happened.

NewChief
12-23-2009, 08:02 AM
this

he used to cut brenda warners hair or something so i trust his insight.

I was shocked, shocked I say, to see what her current hairstyle is.... long and blonde just doesn't have the same effect as the Howie Long flattop.

booger
12-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I was shocked, shocked I say, to see what her current hairstyle is.... long and blonde just doesn't have the same effect as the Howie Long flattop.

Yeah i dig the super butch dike thing better. It was like her suzy kolber and rachel maddow could conquer all the vagina's in the world if brenda lead them with that haircut.

patteeu
12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
http://aimlessfury.com/pics/brenda_warner_Before_After.jpg

I wouldn't have recognized her.

Mile High Mania
12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Little tribute to FDE, your a class act Stevie.
http://kcchiefsgames.com/FDE3.jpg
Into the sunset.....

That's a great picture...

|Zach|
12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
http://aimlessfury.com/pics/brenda_warner_Before_After.jpg

I wouldn't have recognized her.

Upgrade.

Otter
12-23-2009, 08:38 AM

FAX

In 1940 the Germans had electric torpedoes that could travel over three miles. I'm assuming we're going with electric chain saws with the whole underwater thing. The average white shark is 21 feet long, at least that's what the internet told me.

But really, how many sharks are going to **** with us once we have Jaws split down the middle.

Sign me up Fax! We're gonna need a bigger boat!

MOhillbilly
12-23-2009, 08:39 AM
first the real Elvis dies and now The Chiefs Elvis dies. Sad days were livin in bros.

patteeu
12-23-2009, 08:47 AM

stevieray

Hey stevieray, what's up with the tagline "too big a coward"? You're a folk hero, man.

Iowanian
12-23-2009, 08:48 AM
810 is talking about you now Stevie

Otter
12-23-2009, 08:50 AM
810 is talking about you now Stevie

Elaborate. What they saying?

I'm in no way poking fun at you Steve with the whole shark stuff but

1. Fax is a troublemaker
2. It's been a long season

Iowanian
12-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Basically said it was so and said "good job Todd Haley, You killed first down elvis"

Played some Elvis songs, made some jokes about leaving the building.

I've been saying for several years that the Chiefs were my bad girlfriend. I've always stayed loyal to her, even though somewhere deep in my heart, I know she's a cheating tramp and always will be. This season feels more like that light turning on when someone really does start to understand that the Skank will never treat him right. I've loved her too long to stop but our trust is broken.

Otter
12-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Basically said it was so and said "good job Todd Haley, You killed first down elvis"

Jeez, what a shitty couple years it's been

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 08:59 AM
I've been saying for several years that the Chiefs were my bad girlfriend. I've always stayed loyal to her, even though somewhere deep in my heart, I know she's a cheating tramp and always will be. This season feels more like that light turning on when someone really does start to understand that the Skank will never treat him right. I've loved her too long to stop but our trust is broken.

You should write romance novels.

Iowanian
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Wait a minute......

Stevieray, this is just a crafty marketing ploy, isn't it? You're an emotional fan and a passionate cat.....This is just your first, FirstDownBrettFarve Moment, isn't it?

The Chiefs will bring you back in after training camp to save the wear and tear on your cape before finally letting the Jets nab you to sit by fireman for a season.

MahiMike
12-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Wait a minute......

Stevieray, this is just a crafty marketing ploy, isn't it? You're an emotional fan and a passionate cat.....This is just your first, FirstDownBrettFarve Moment, isn't it?

The Chiefs will bring you back in after training camp to save the wear and tear on your cape before finally letting the Jets nab you to sit by fireman for a season.

Maybe he threw out his arm on the latest 1st down because it wasn't warmed up properly (from underuse).

Cannibal
12-23-2009, 09:31 AM
who can disagree with that? Thats what should have happened.

They screwed him. They've been making a habit of that for quite long time now.

xfactor
12-23-2009, 09:49 AM
i would like to clarify a few things guys. When we first formed KCSUPERFANS we had a meeting with Chiefs top brass. We both agreed that with all the charity activities we wanted to get into it was best for us not to be paid by Chiefs because then we would fall under NFL licensing and basically would have to get absolutely everything approved by NFL. The Chiefs gave us there word that if any problems ever arose they would handle it for us. We all have great relationships with the organization from top to bottom and we would never like to upset that cart.

As for the contest we all took it as an extreme honor to be asked to be judges, this is one of the very few times the organization has recognized us in any capasity of any sort. It does upset me seeing and knowing of other Superfanss around the league that get much more support from the organization for doing very little in the charity arena, but it doesn't stop us cause honestly we have proven the last 6 years that we can do it without them. We all have won big contests across the nation that are bigger than season tickets so we arent greedy. WeirdWolf and FDE both got an all expense paid trip to Super Bowls, RedXtreme and I got an all expense paid trip to the Pro Bowl. I believe the Chiefs now view us like most other contests as professionals, which is comical to us because we are paid and if we do recieve money we turn around and donate it back to a charity. I can honestly speak for every KCSUPERFAN when i say we dont do this to pad our wallets we want to help people that truely need our help. That should be FDE's greatest quality and what we are celebrating cause gameday was just a small slice and we use it as a vehicle to doing things in charity arena.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
i would like to clarify a few things guys. When we first formed KCSUPERFANS we had a meeting with Chiefs top brass. We both agreed that with all the charity activities we wanted to get into it was best for us not to be paid by Chiefs because then we would fall under NFL licensing and basically would have to get absolutely everything approved by NFL. The Chiefs gave us there word that if any problems ever arose they would handle it for us. We all have great relationships with the organization from top to bottom and we would never like to upset that cart.

As for the contest we all took it as an extreme honor to be asked to be judges, this is one of the very few times the organization has recognized us in any capasity of any sort. It does upset me seeing and knowing of other Superfanss around the league that get much more support from the organization for doing very little in the charity arena, but it doesn't stop us cause honestly we have proven the last 6 years that we can do it without them. We all have won big contests across the nation that are bigger than season tickets so we arent greedy. WeirdWolf and FDE both got an all expense paid trip to Super Bowls, RedXtreme and I got an all expense paid trip to the Pro Bowl. I believe the Chiefs now view us like most other contests as professionals, which is comical to us because we are paid and if we do recieve money we turn around and donate it back to a charity. I can honestly speak for every KCSUPERFAN when i say we dont do this to pad our wallets we want to help people that truely need our help. That should be FDE's greatest quality and what we are celebrating cause gameday was just a small slice and we use it as a vehicle to doing things in charity arena.

good to hear. hopefully the speculation posted here and now elsewhere won't upset the apple cart

Redrum_69
12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm also retired.

you have to be someone first in order to retire. otherwise, youre just another wannabe like athan

Iowanian
12-23-2009, 10:10 AM
The Chiefs really, really are like a bad girlfriend.

We hear from them a few times a week the coach and gm won't answer any questions about where they've been or what they've been doing, and they show up sometime on sunday but only to screw us.....

RJ
12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Wait a minute......

I've heard rumors that the Vikings want Stevie to move north and become First Down Erik the Red.

MOhillbilly
12-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Respect Stevie..

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_02/elvis11004_468x320.jpg

Phobia
12-23-2009, 11:04 AM

That's a classy response but wouldn't you appreciate a gesture from the Chiefs, such as comped season tickets? Wouldn't that enable you to raise more money for charity?

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 11:05 AM

We hear from them a few times a week the coach and gm won't answer any questions about where they've been or what they've been doing, and they show up sometime on sunday but only to screw us.....

That actually sounds like a pretty good girlfriend.

xfactor
12-23-2009, 11:36 AM
That's a classy response but wouldn't you appreciate a gesture from the Chiefs, such as comped season tickets? Wouldn't that enable you to raise more money for charity?

Sure Phobs who doesn't like recieving things for free, but we don't look for it , ask for it or think we are entitled to it. But if it is offered then sure, actually we would turn those seats into donating more Dr Chop Ultimate Fan for a Day packages to charity auctions or taking a sick kid and their parent to a game with us, which we always do during all the preseason games.

Reaper16
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
He is an interesting guy. Most people hate him. Which I completely get.

Any analytics done in Kansas City put his site at the middle for local information. There really isn't any site that even begins to draw the kinds of traffic TKC gets. The posts are so inflammatory and negative and sometimes downright horrible that people forget they are consuming news about KC. They are reading more about Kansas City than they would have otherwise.

It is quite a schtick.
He's completely negative but he's correct virtually all of the time, in sentiment at least. There is so much crap in and around KC. The only times I really disagree with Tony is when he gives his abysmal sports takes (example: he kept on insisting that Greinke wasn't anything too special this past season).

His comments sections are a metaphor for metastatic cancer, though.

Phobia
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Sure Phobs who doesn't like recieving things for free, but we don't look for it , ask for it or think we are entitled to it. But if it is offered then sure, actually we would turn those seats into donating more Dr Chop Ultimate Fan for a Day packages to charity auctions or taking a sick kid and their parent to a game with us, which we always do during all the preseason games.

Were Superfans taken aback when the Chiefs gave the winner of the costume contest season tickets on Sunday? Did you guys feel some disrespect?

ChiefsCountry
12-23-2009, 12:41 PM
I heard that stevie is going to dress up as First Down Travis Tritt. :)

xfactor
12-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Were Superfans taken aback when the Chiefs gave the winner of the costume contest season tickets on Sunday? Did you guys feel some disrespect?

I personally didn't, I didn't realize the prize was that though. I was more upset that our real winner never showed up to go on the field and they picked 4th alternate and gave him the award without consoling with us as judges. It cracked me up the rest of the day how many people came up and said that contest was crap you should have won it, my response was I'd go where Martha Stewart went for insider trading, I was a judge lol

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 12:46 PM
xfactor, do you think there's a role for a Superfan who dresses like a 16th-century French king? I'm really trying to get some traction on this concept.

Inspector
12-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I knew a guy who was thinking about becoming "Touchback Micheal Jackson" but then he turned into a white girl.

Iowanian
12-23-2009, 12:56 PM

Until you find out what she was doing tuesday-Sunday and at halftime...and then she looks you in the eye and treats you like a morAn while not telling the truth at the monday presser.

xfactor
12-23-2009, 12:57 PM
xfactor, do you think there's a role for a Superfan who dresses like a 16th-century French king? I'm really trying to get some traction on this concept.

I never discourage anyone who has an idea if you can somehow corrilate it to the Chiefs then I say go for it. Phobia is the loudest one that hates my outfit, but when you combine what it stands for and how it is used then he is one of my biggest supporters. So I say if you are passionate about it go for it, come up with theme and then join us in charity events the last part is what makes a Superfan, not the character you develop. I have tons of friends that help our charity that wouldn't be caught dead in a costume but are just as big of a Superfan in my book.

RJ
12-23-2009, 01:00 PM

It's just a shame you live so far away. I love the idea, especially the signs.

BigRedChief
12-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I personally didn't, I didn't realize the prize was that though. I was more upset that our real winner never showed up to go on the field and they picked 4th alternate and gave him the award without consoling with us as judges. It cracked me up the rest of the day how many people came up and said that contest was crap you should have won it, my response was I'd go where Martha Stewart went for insider trading, I was a judge lol
You were the judges and didn't pick the winner? The "winner" didn't even show up on the field?

Chiefnj2
12-23-2009, 01:04 PM

You are an odd, but good man Mr. xfactor. May your charitable work bring you good karma in return.

notorious
12-23-2009, 01:07 PM

This.

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I never discourage anyone who has an idea if you can somehow corrilate it to the Chiefs then I say go for it. Phobia is the loudest one that hates my outfit, but when you combine what it stands for and how it is used then he is one of my biggest supporters. So I say if you are passionate about it go for it, come up with theme and then join us in charity events the last part is what makes a Superfan, not the character you develop. I have tons of friends that help our charity that wouldn't be caught dead in a costume but are just as big of a Superfan in my book.

To be honest, I'm not good enough of a person to do all the charity stuff. I just think it'd be fun to have people dressed up as 16th-century French kings at the games. I have a dream of a whole stadium full of 16th-century French kings, which I think would be very intimidating to opposing teams.

xfactor
12-23-2009, 01:21 PM
You were the judges and didn't pick the winner? The "winner" didn't even show up on the field?

Correct BRC we were on the field and actually didn't know who the winner was until they announced it. I feel bad for real winner, but you better be there to claim your prize

You are an odd, but good man Mr. xfactor. May your charitable work bring you good karma in return.

I truly hope so borhter I have had really bad karma in regards to my baby's momma and custody here lately, I'm ready for 2010, 2009 was a terrible ride.

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
It's just a shame you live so far away. I love the idea, especially the signs.

The signage potential is practically limitless. It's completely virgin ground for sports signs.

"Copernicus supports a Haleyocentric universe theory."

"Cassel couldn't hit Isaac Newton with an apple."

"Descartes doesn't think Pioli exists."

BigRedChief
12-23-2009, 01:25 PM
To be honest, I'm not good enough of a person to do all the charity stuff. I just think it'd be fun to have people dressed up as 16th-century French kings at the games. I have a dream of a whole stadium full of 16th-century French kings, which I think would be very intimidating to opposing teams.wellll I have the gut to pull off the Henry the 8th look?

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 01:29 PM
wellll I have the gut to pull off the Henry the 8th look?

You'd be perfect for the role. And the advantage of being Henry is that you'd have to carry a large turkey drumstick around. Everybody loves those large turkey drumsticks.

Sign: "If Lance Long was my wife, I'd behead him."

Otter
12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
To be honest, I'm not good enough of a person to do all the charity stuff. I just think it'd be fun to have people dressed up as 16th-century French kings at the games. I have a dream of a whole stadium full of 16th-century French kings, which I think would be very intimidating to opposing teams.

I was trying to picture a 16th century French King so I did search on Google pictures. This is 2nd picture that came up:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6274919&postcount=6

You have been on this for awhile haven't you?

You think a bunch of those guys sitting in the stands looking through a monical would be intimidating? Freaky maybe...

RJ
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
The signage potential is practically limitless. It's completely virgin ground for sports signs.

"Copernicus supports a Haleyocentric universe theory."

"Cassel couldn't hit Isaac Newton with an apple."

"Descartes doesn't think Pioli exists."

Not even Nostradamus could have seen this coming.

Cassell couldn't find the end zone if he had De Gama navigating for him.

You're right, lots of material available.

RJ
12-23-2009, 01:36 PM
You'd be perfect for the role. And the advantage of being Henry is that you'd have to carry a large turkey drumstick around. Everybody loves those large turkey drumsticks.

Sign: "If Lance Long was my wife, I'd behead him."

I have a great recipe for smoked turkey drumsticks!

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Not even Nostradamus could have seen this coming.

Cassell couldn't find the end zone if he had De Gama navigating for him.

You're right, lots of material available.

Oh, yeah. This is a potential big winner here.

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I was trying to picture a 16th century French King so I did search on Google pictures. This is 2nd picture that came up:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6274919&postcount=6

You have been on this for awhile haven't you?

You think a bunch of those guys sitting in the stands looking through a monical would be intimidating? Freaky maybe...

The holidays get slow for disigerent and for my campaign to end microwave tattoo fires, so I need another cause to champion.

And I can't imagine anything more scary than going into a stadium and having a bunch of those guys yelling at you. The scariest people are not the ones who are trying to look mean, the scariest people are the ones who are so crazy that they're trying to not look mean.

Easy 6
12-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Stevie, i'll definitely miss First Down Elvis.

patteeu
12-23-2009, 04:44 PM

Hmmm, she might not make an ideal wife, but other than that, what's wrong with a girlfriend like that? :)

Halfcan
12-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Best of Luck! You will be missed.

Stewie
12-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear you're retiring. Here's a pic from the Star's website this week:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8730/fder.jpg

seaofred
12-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Well Bye...

philfree
12-23-2009, 06:59 PM
A sad thing for me as a Chiefs fan. Don't lose your inspiration stevieray. The world will take it if you let it. Don't let it!

PhilFree:arrow:

chiefbowe82
12-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Did Haley flip you off?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Stevie, i'll definitely miss First Down Elvis.

I miss 1st downs. I also miss 3rd and short. And 4th & inches.

Do you remember 4th and inches? I bet Haley would love 4th and inches. Marty never liked 4th and inches, to him it might as well have been 4th and 2000 leagues under the sea; that ball was getting kicked my friend.
It didn't matter if all Grunny had to do was lean forward on the snap and fall on his face mask to convert; "ye shall punt or field goal".

That was the method and the mantra. It drove everyone nuts.

RJ
12-23-2009, 09:02 PM
They pissed off a Super Fan and a 50 year season ticket holder in the same week. I'm not in the PR business, but I'm thinking that's not good.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2009, 09:16 PM

Epic.

FAX
12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
They pissed off a Super Fan and a 50 year season ticket holder in the same week. I'm not in the PR business, but I'm thinking that's not good.

According to that Harry guy and Mr. Mecca, the place is falling apart.

We have our problems, to be sure, but I've seen much worse in franchises like Houston or Tampa ... not to mention Faiderland. The good news is that our team is so bad, expectations are low for everybody ... players, coaches, fans, the nacho vendor ... everybody.

I pray that this is the bottom.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Fucker brought a snuggie to our Dirty Santa exchange this year, and I ended up with it. He thought it was hilarious. I threatened to make him sign it, just so I could throw it up on Ebay.

LMAO That is awesome!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2009, 09:22 PM
One of my Favorites from the 2006 Indy Playoff game in Indy.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=39
Weirdwolf, BRC, FDE, Grandlamma, Onthewarpath58

Another Larry Johnson ball washer....................

grandllama
12-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Where the hell am I in that clip? Myself, onthewarpath58, grandlama, FDE and werewolf were just walking into the Indy playoff game in 2006 and we came upon these guys in the street and FDE and the band broke into some Jailhouse Rock spontaneusly. It was a really cool moment. One of the best, if not the best moment of the whole trip.

Damn straight skippy. With the exception of the game itself, that was a heck of a day.

Stevie, I'm sure you have reasons and I'm not going to read the whole thread, but you are missed as a friend, and I will miss seeing FDE on my TV Sundays from my drafty little shack in the sticks outside Indy.

grandllama
12-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Nah. He conceived of it at a game towards the end of the 2003 season and started wearing costumes in 2004.

Yep, I was there for the first unveiling...

and I see all the folks posting about their kids meeting FDE and what a great guy he was (is)... meanwhile llama jr always talks about StevieRay taking the Scooby van four wheeling through Arrowhead to get us back to our parking space... still to this day the only time my son has cussed in front of me ...
and that was five or six years ago ROFL ROFL

alanm
12-23-2009, 10:21 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=188Who is who in this pic/

Dartgod
12-23-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm proud to say I was present at the birth of the idea of First Down Elvis. In fact--correct me if I'm wrong here Stevie--I believe I was the one who came up with the name.

xfactor
12-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Yep, I was there for the first unveiling...

and I see all the folks posting about their kids meeting FDE and what a great guy he was (is)... meanwhile llama jr always talks about StevieRay taking the Scooby van four wheeling through Arrowhead to get us back to our parking space... still to this day the only time my son has cussed in front of me ...
and that was five or six years ago ROFL ROFL

I can proudly say that that van has my skin cells all over it, Stevie and me spent many a weekend taking off that nasty old paint and getting it ready for its makover> Many a beer was drank and conversations were priceless!! I really enjoyed spending my weekends with Steve and his wonderful family ressurecting a classic. The same is going on at Arrowhead and soon we will get to relive 1969/1970 and look back at something that was ugly but we knew what it could become, it will happen again mark my words!!

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Who is who in this pic/

I'm the handsome one. Wearing red. And a hat.

The others are (l-r) patteeu, stevie ray, bigredchief, dartgod, (me-the handsome one), and kcrush.

12-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Sad news to hear Stevie. It was a great run though. I know I enjoyed seeing you before and after commercial breaks. Hope to see ya at more annual get togethers though.

12-23-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm the handsome one. Wearing red. And a hat.

The others are (l-r) patteeu, stevie ray, bigredchief, dartgod, (me-the handsome one), and kcrush.That is his way of saying "the dork":D

go bo
12-23-2009, 11:54 PM

stevierayyou have given so much for so many people...

i think 5 years of bringing hope and quality entertainment to chiefs fans everywhere is an achievement that anybody would be proud of...

we will miss you first down elvis, we will miss you...

and to you and yours, may you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year...:toast:

luv
12-23-2009, 11:57 PM
you have given so much for so many people...

i think 5 years of bringing hope and quality entertainment to chiefs fans everywhere is an achievement that anybody would be proud of...

we will miss you first down elvis, we will miss you...

and to you and yours, may you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year...:toast:

You're alive!!!

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 11:59 PM
That is his way of saying "the dork":D

Society merely has the wrong image of handsomeness. I'm trying to change that.