PDA

View Full Version : Football LeRoy Butler: 'Diva' Brett Favre is 'running' the Vikings

Bane
12-23-2009, 10:31 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/12/leroy-butler-diva-brett-favre-is-running-the-vikings/1

Here we go....ROFL.Just heard this on ESPN.

Brett Favre's former teammate, said the QB's dustup on Sunday night with Vikings coach Brad Childress exposed what he said is the truth behind the Vikings: That Favre is calling the shots for the team.

"Everybody in Minnesota knows that Brett Favre is running that organization," LeRoy Butler, a Packers safety from 1990-2001, told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "When the head coach leaves and goes and picks him up in his SUV, and brings him to the facility. Everyone knows who's running the Minnesota Vikings."

Favre said he had a "heated discussion" with Childress on Sunday when the coach tried to remove him from the game. Childress downplayed the severity of the disagreement, but said he was worried that Favre was being hit too much.

Cracks may be showing in the Childress-Favre relationship that blossomed when the coach recruited the QB out of retirement his summer. ESPN's Kevin Seifert categorized six stress points that have opened up between the two this season.

Butler said that Favre was wrong not to accede to Childress' wish to lift him from the game, but said the Vikings share blame because they knew what they were getting from him.

"Brett is a chip, Super Bowl or bust, all in," he told the Journal-Sentinel. "So you knew Brett was a diva, you knew Brett wanted it his own way, you knew this all along. It was just a matter of time before it happened."

Butler also said that other players on the Vikings surely have taken notice that Childress has lost control of Favre.

"If I'm Percy Harvin, and I have a question on a route or a play, I'm going right to Brett Favre," he told the paper. "If I'm Adrian Peterson and I'm not getting the carries I want, I don't go to Childress or (OC Darrell) Bevell, I go to Brett Favre. He's running the team. All this falls on Brett." -- Sean Leahy

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
2005 9-7
2006 6-10
2007 8-8
2008 10-6

Now they are 11-3 this year. It looks like letting him run the team might be the smart thing to do.

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Oh, I'm so looking forward to that season ending INT.

Bane
12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
2005 9-7
2006 6-10
2007 8-8
2008 10-6

Now they are 11-3 this year. It looks like letting him run the team might be the smart thing to do.

Yeah I just love how all of his old teammates are hanging him out to dry cause he said this Vikes team is the best he's played on.Its like a bunch of 3rd graders fighting for attention.

CoMoChief
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Well if he's calling the shots for the team. They're going to be 13-3, that's pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Childress' job was saved by having Favre come to MIN. Childress SHOULD be kissing Favre's ass.

Chief Pote
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
I used to be a fan of Brett Favre...not any longer, I think he has that celebrity syndrome. He thinks he's more important than us regular people. I hope he fucks up big time in the playoffs. ROFL

Bane
12-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Well if he's calling the shots for the team. They're going to be 13-3, that's pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Childress' job was saved by having Favre come to MIN. Childress SHOULD be kissing Favre's ass.
Sounds like they found their next HC.:clap:

LaChapelle
12-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Jared Allen ruins another teams locker room

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Damned "Player At Risk"!

Bane
12-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Scizm? Isn't that what it was called when he showed up?ROFL

Brock
12-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I thought Favre's late season collapse last year was because of injury. What's his excuse this year?

LaChapelle
12-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Bennie Sapp took a shot at Farve and missed

Reerun_KC
12-23-2009, 11:08 AM
What is cracking me up...

Farve will choke again in the playoffs leaving those superbowl hopes hanging....

THEN! He will yo-yo them all offseason with his fucking drama series known as "I am brett farve, I am an attention whore"

Bane
12-23-2009, 11:10 AM
What is cracking me up...

Farve will choke again in the playoffs leaving those superbowl hopes hanging....

THEN! He will yo-yo them all offseason with his ****ing drama series known as "I am brett farve, I am an attention whore"

Maybe someone will pull a Mo Lewis on Bledsoe hit on him and we wont have to hear this bullshit next year.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nQOaT7TRirY"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nQOaT7TRirY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

LaChapelle
12-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Favre has already started the retirement talk. "I will probably retire if we win the Super Bowl"
right ROFL

Otter
12-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm rooting for Vikings because a good friend is a fan that can understand Chiefs pain. Hiring Farve is definitely an 'all in' move though. If he doesn't get it done it will probably set them back years.

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow, so a 40 year old QB is leading a team to a 11-3 record and if he doesn't win the Superbowl then he sucks? LMAO Come one guys, I know you may not like him, but what you are describing is what Montana did for us that we all still brag about to this day.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Favre has already started the retirement talk. "I will probably retire if we win the Super Bowl"
right ROFL

What? This is the FIRST time I have ever heard of Farve talk retirement... The league will be stunned!

Bane
12-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow, so a 40 year old QB is leading a team to a 11-3 record and if he doesn't win the Superbowl then he sucks? LMAO Come one guys, I know you may not like him, but what you are describing is what Montana did for us that we all still brag about to this day.

The shame is we couldn't help Joe.:shake:

Reerun_KC
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Its not that, it the impending drama we will endure 24x7 after he personally costs the Vikings the shot at a superbowl.....

Remember this is Farveterception we are talking about... Gottlieb had his December and playoff stats the other day...

He ranks like #10 out of 41 on the list for Sept-Nov, then #40 from Dec on with his QB Int stat and ranking....

FARVE will cost the team a superbowl appearance.

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
The shame is we couldn't help Joe.:shake:

Ehh, I think we did. I think he wanted to beat the 49ers more then win a superbowl and I think Favre probably feels the same way about the victorys over the Pack.

CoMoChief
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Its not that, it the impending drama we will endure 24x7 after he personally costs the Vikings the shot at a superbowl.....

Remember this is Farveterception we are talking about... Gottlieb had his December and playoff stats the other day...

He ranks like #10 out of 41 on the list for Sept-Nov, then #40 from Dec on with his QB Int stat and ranking....

You can blame the media for that. That's not Favre's fault.

Bearcat
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
They were talking about this crap on ESPN the entire time I was at BWW the other day, and it's the reason I don't pay for cable.... grown f***ing men, on a sports channel, talking about "the relationship" and how another group of grown f***ing men will ever get over it.

JFC.

:facepalm:

Brock
12-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Yeah, it's not like he seeks out the attention or anything. :facepalm:

Bane
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM

Bret Favre =

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM

So you mean they would be better without him? They would have a first round bye without him? I showed you their record the last 5 years, obviously they are better now. Your statement is like last year when Mecca said the Titans will lose because of Collins and when he didn't screw up it was "because he didn't make the big play".

Turn the shit. Nobody is making you watch it. There is probably a good Royals game to watch in the middle of June LMAO

kstater
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Yeah, you're right, Favre totally doesn't seek the media attention, it just kind of happens.

Bearcat
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Turn the shit. Nobody is making you watch it. There is probably a good Royals game to watch in the middle of June LMAO

Yeah, I stopped watching ESPN, outside of the live sports, almost a year ago... and now it's funny to come here and find people bitching about the endless coverage of the Tiger Woods stuff or Favre crap, etc. If it wasn't for this place, I'd have no idea it was 24x7 on tv (well, I assume it is, but don't care).

At least there's a variety on at sports bars, so I can laugh at how Skip Bayless is whining about Brett Favre for an hour while watching actual sports highlights on another tv.... Wow, sports highlights.

Brock
12-23-2009, 11:30 AM
So you mean they would be better without him? They would have a first round bye without him? I showed you their record the last 5 years, obviously they are better now. Your statement is like last year when Mecca said the Titans will lose because of Collins and when he didn't screw up it was "because he didn't make the big play".

They brought him in for a short term run at the Super Bowl. So yes, anything short of that is FAIL.

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 11:32 AM
It will be hilarious when they go 13-3 and get knocked out in the first round, the exact same as when Jackson was the qb last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
TMZSPN.

Bane
12-23-2009, 11:39 AM
TMZSPN.

Dont give them any ideas.:cuss:

The Franchise
12-23-2009, 11:41 AM

Don't ever compare that fucking diva to the Montana.

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Don't ever compare that fucking diva to the Montana.
Yeah anytime the words "Brett Favre" and "Best qb of all time" are mentioned together I want to projectile vomit. Marino too. Stats are great. Neither of those qbs are in the top 5. Consistant fucking up is not a sign of the best of all time.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Last time I checked, Favre got New York off to a great start and then slowly imploded in the second half of the season. If I were a Vikings fan, I'd be really concerned that his arm started to die, just as it did this same time last year. The Vikings have looked very average the past few games.

And I will never root for him. The way he refused to mentor Aaron Rodgers b/c Rodgers might one day take his job. The way he allegedly kept a separate locker room for himself in New York. The way he dicked New York over by retiring, then changing his mind in the late offseason to go to the Vikings. The way he never had consideration for the team he was playing for by not announcing his plans to play until the 25th hour.

He's a talented QB but I can't stand him and don't want him to win anything.

vailpass
12-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Trying to wring the last drops of talent out of a once-great QB now well past his prime is now a crime for some of you?
Interesting.

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Don't forget Green Bay went 13-3 in 2007 and Favre threw the INT to blow the Title game. Its annual.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Trying to wring the last drops of talent out of a once-great QB now well past his prime is now a crime for some of you?
Interesting.
As was stated, Montana wasn't Favre. Montana wasn't a pain in the ass diva. Montana carried himself like a Pro.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
12-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I honestly first read the thread title as "LaVarr Burton: 'Diva' Brett..." That thread would have been hilarious.

vailpass
12-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I honestly first read the thread title as "LaVarr Burton: 'Diva' Brett..." That thread would have been hilarious.

ROFL Fucking Jordy-Kinte

CoMoChief
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM

You think this way because of how the media reports on Favre. They do it so much that you're tired of hearing about it.

CoMoChief
12-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Don't forget Green Bay went 13-3 in 2007 and Favre threw the INT to blow the Title game. Its annual.
Posted via Mobile Device

IIRC Packers win that game if they would have stopped PHI and not allow them to convert a 1st down on 3rd n 25.

notorious
12-23-2009, 12:39 PM
IIRC Packers win that game if they would have stopped PHI and not allow them to convert a 1st down on 3rd n 25.

New York, you are probably thinking about when Philly converted that 4th and 32 miles in a previous playoff game.

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 01:11 PM
New York, you are probably thinking about when Philly converted that 4th and 32 miles in a previous playoff game.
There are so many annual Favre fuckups its hard for people to keep them straight. How about the 6 interception masterpiece in 2001 to the Rams?
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
It shouldn't have taken a meltdown like this for people to see behind the Favre facade.

It happens every year like the changing of seasons, and people were acting like this was somehow a different circumstance.

Mecca
12-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't think it matters, Brad Childress is a shitty head coach and that's why they're in this position. If he hadn't thought he could make Tavaris Jackson into McNabb they wouldn't have this problem.

Not to mention this is a guy that even the players in Philly had no clue what his job was there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2009, 01:23 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- The tension between Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min) quarterback Brett Favre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112) and coach Brad Childress is the result of disagreement over how much influence each should expect to have in running the offense during games, according to multiple team sources.
NFC North blog

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/seifert_kevin_m.jpg ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth).
• Blog network:
NFL Nation (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation)

Childress has a reputation for limiting the number of audibles he allows his quarterbacks to call at the line of scrimmage. Favre apparently believes his knowledge of the offensive system and 19 years of NFL experience qualify him to make changes based on his extensive film study of opponents.
Although the two have discussed their recent disagreement -- which became public when Favre resisted Childress' attempts to pull him from Sunday night's loss in Carolina -- it is unclear whether they have resolved the fundamental issue: Is Childress and his coaching staff going to control the game from the sideline, or will Favre be permitted the autonomy he feels is necessary to control it at the line of scrimmage?
At news conferences on Wednesday, Childress and Favre said they had spoken and resolved to move forward.
"He and I talked, as we have all year," Favre said, adding that given the team's recent slump, "the frustration is gonna show."
"It's gotten blown way out of proportion," he said.
With the NFC North-leading Vikings (11-3) mired in an offensive slump that has seen them lose two of their last three games, Favre has indicated to teammates he is moving forward and is focused on Monday night's game against the Chicago Bears (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi), the Vikings' first cold-weather game of the season.
What happened in Carolina and in several other games this season in which Childress considered removing Favre for too often changing running plays into pass attempts has nothing to do with Childress attempting to protect his 40-year-old quarterback from punishment or wanting to replace Favre with a quarterback who offers a different style, sources said.
<!-- INLINE PARAGRAPH -->
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/112.jpg According to sources, Favre dislikes that Childress seldom discusses the game plan with him during the week, and does not encourage the quarterback to offer suggestions as to which plays he feels most comfortable calling in certain situations. When Favre changes the play at the line of scrimmage -- using his film study and experience -- Childress bristles, even when the audible Favre calls works perfectly.

<!--END INLINE PARAGRAPH-->According to sources, Favre dislikes that Childress seldom discusses the game plan with him during the week, and does not encourage the quarterback to offer suggestions as to which plays he feels most comfortable calling in certain situations. When Favre changes the play at the line of scrimmage -- using his film study and experience -- Childress bristles, even when the audible Favre calls works perfectly.
Favre's experience in the offense -- which, before he signed, he said he knew better than the coaches -- and his leadership were among the qualities he thought the Vikings valued most in pursuing him. Teammates and coaches have lauded the endless hours Favre dedicates to studying tape of opponents, one coach saying Favre knows the names of the janitors at the team complex because he keeps such late hours.
Teammates have apparently supported Favre's refusal to leave the field against Carolina when he had what the quarterback later terms as a "heated discussion" with Childress.
LeRoy Butler, Favre's former teammate in Green Bay (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=gnb), said he was not surprised by the incident, explaining that he beleives "Everybody in Minnesota knows that Brett Favre is running that organization," according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Butler, who earlier this season was critical of his former Packer teammate for signing with the archrival Vikings, said Favre should not have questioned Childress when he was asked to come out of the game at Carolina, according to the report.
"So you knew Brett was a diva, you knew Brett wanted it his own way, you knew this all along. It was just a matter of time before it happened," Butler said, according to the report. "If I'm Percy Harvin (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12569), and I have a question on a route or a play, I'm going right to Brett Favre. If I'm Adrian Peterson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10452) and I'm not getting the carries I want, I don't go to Childress or [offensive coordinator Darrell] Bevell, I go to Brett Favre. He's running the team. All this falls on Brett."
But despite his frustration with Childress, Favre appears determined not to let his problems with Childress interfere with his efforts to fulfill the goal that he says prompted him to sign with the Vikings -- winning the Super Bowl.
Vikings players elected Favre one of the team's captain after his speech to them just before the season opener in which he assured he was not returning to bolster his stats, make money or contend for MVP awards, and he specifically mentioned his willingness to play a secondary role to running back Adrian Peterson in the offense.
Ed Werder is an NFL reporter for ESPN.

Brock
12-23-2009, 01:23 PM
You think this way because of how the media reports on Favre. They do it so much that you're tired of hearing about it.

That's BS. Favre plants stories to the media all the time. Hell, Peter King is practically a Favre employee.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I guarantee Favre has been audibling into passes at the goal line instead of running Peterson so he could pump his stats this year.

Mecca
12-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Well that's nice but shouldn't a QB have some say on the field? Didn't Trent Green have a meltdown on the sideline about that?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Well that's nice but shouldn't a QB have some say on the field? Didn't Trent Green have a meltdown on the sideline about that?

I don't mind having a QB having some say on the field, but I guarantee he's making way too many checks only for his own person glory.

Mecca
12-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Maybe so but the reality of it is, Peterson has kind of sucked this year. If they didn't have Favre they'd be a fringe playoff team.

Brock
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe so but the reality of it is, Peterson has kind of sucked this year. If they didn't have Favre they'd be a fringe playoff team.

Favre might be the reason Peterson is having an off year.

Mecca
12-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Maybe so, but it's undeniable he's had a down year, and Favre turned Sidney Rice into a star.

Hootie
12-23-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't mind having a QB having some say on the field, but I guarantee he's making way too many checks only for his own person glory.

oh yeah I bet...

I bet he's checking out of run plays to play-action passes and Adrian Peterson doesn't have any sort of problem with it...

ROFL

I'm glad ESPN has your "genius" buying into these conspiracy theories.

Hootie
12-23-2009, 01:46 PM
I think it's hilarious that Favre has come back down to Earth for a few weeks and now suddenly he's a stubborn, racist asshole that is only in it for himself.

Yeah, I hate Favre. Always have, always will...

But that team is only going as far as Favre takes them...Childress is clearly content with the #2 seed and wants to keep Favre healthy...even at the expense of losing a few games down the stretch...

He knows that if Favre gets injured, the Vikings are fucked...

That's as far as anyone should read into it...but clearly, you geniouses aren't smart enough to figure that out.

Brock
12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
And just like that, the fucking dunce contingent is heard from.

Hootie
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I guarantee Favre has been audibling into passes at the goal line instead of running Peterson so he could pump his stats this year.

Hamas GUARANTEES this.

ROFL

Classic.

Example #10428012838021823 of Hamas just being an arrogant asshole who doesn't really know anything more than anyone else on this board.

Adrian Peterson has 15 TD's...

I think they are doing ok...

Now...if you want to talk about how the Vikings have struggled run blocking all year long...I guess that might have a little merit to it...

But if you want to keep tossing your quarters into the conspiracy theory fountain, go ahead, genious!

Mecca
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
And just like that, the fucking dunce contingent is heard from.

Are you surprised, why can't we have his banning be permanent?

Hootie
12-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Adrian Peterson is on pace to have 321 carries...a perfect amount according to Mecca...

I think the Vikings are spreading the ball around rather nicely...but like I said...the line has struggled to run block like they did the last couple of years...

Thus the reason why the attack is so balanced...Childress wants to get Favre rest down the stretch...Favre wants to play...like he always has...Childress wants to be conservative...Favre doesn't.

Nothing more.

Pretty fucking simple and I promise you I'm not a rocket scientist.

Hootie
12-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Are you surprised, why can't we have his banning be permanent?

What am I doing that is ban worthy?

You fuckers are so hypocritical it's hilarious.

What...am I talking too much football right now?

But hey, "they" say Carson Palmer is an MVP candidate.

LMAO

Hey Mecca, how's your job?

Extra Point
12-23-2009, 01:53 PM
How much did Len Dawson audible? I know it's from Gretz, your favorite author:

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/working-on-changing-the-play.html

"....many times during the radio broadcast in recent seasons I heard Len Dawson wonder why the quarterback didn’t change the play. As a former quarterback, he could see from the defensive alignment what would work and not work. He figured the quarterback on the field could see the same things,....

....Dawson called his own plays. There’s no question the game plan was created by Hank Stram and his coaches, but it was Dawson who implemented it by calling the plays in the huddle...."

Stram let Dawson call the plays, given a scheme, and ran in plays, depending on situation. (e.g., 65 Toss Power Trap).

Vermiel-Saunders-Solari: All plays phoned in.

Gailey allowed the check-with-me approach with Croyle. I'm sure Thigpen's reigns were tightened, due to experience, and Herm's insistence on running the ball.

The Haley sphinctomatic system does not allow audibles, from the looks of it.

Titty Meat
12-23-2009, 02:13 PM
A Diva is a female verison of a hustler

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Hamas GUARANTEES this.

ROFL

Classic.

Example #10428012838021823 of Hamas just being an arrogant asshole who doesn't really know anything more than anyone else on this board.

Adrian Peterson has 15 TD's...

I think they are doing ok...

Now...if you want to talk about how the Vikings have struggled run blocking all year long...I guess that might have a little merit to it...

But if you want to keep tossing your quarters into the conspiracy theory fountain, go ahead, genious!

Read the article, dumbfuck:

What happened in Carolina and in several other games this season in which Childress considered removing Favre for too often changing running plays into pass attempts has nothing to do with Childress attempting to protect his 40-year-old quarterback from punishment or wanting to replace Favre with a quarterback who offers a different style, sources said.

CoMoChief
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
That's BS. Favre plants stories to the media all the time. Hell, Peter King is practically a Favre employee.

I don't believe this at all. How many times do you see the media take something that is VERY small and blow it completely out of the water, out of context, just blow it all to hell just to make a fucking story about it on ESPN. ESPN would do a breaking story on Brett Favre taking a shit if they wanted to.

CoMoChief
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
How much did Len Dawson audible? I know it's from Gretz, your favorite author:

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/working-on-changing-the-play.html

"....many times during the radio broadcast in recent seasons I heard Len Dawson wonder why the quarterback didn’t change the play. As a former quarterback, he could see from the defensive alignment what would work and not work. He figured the quarterback on the field could see the same things,....

....Dawson called his own plays. There’s no question the game plan was created by Hank Stram and his coaches, but it was Dawson who implemented it by calling the plays in the huddle...."

Stram let Dawson call the plays, given a scheme, and ran in plays, depending on situation. (e.g., 65 Toss Power Trap).

Vermiel-Saunders-Solari: All plays phoned in.

Gailey allowed the check-with-me approach with Croyle. I'm sure Thigpen's reigns were tightened, due to experience, and Herm's insistence on running the ball.

The Haley sphinctomatic system does not allow audibles, from the looks of it.

I have NO idea as to why Trent Green was never allowed to audible under DV/AS.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't believe this at all. How many times do you see the media take something that is VERY small and blow it completely out of the water, out of context, just blow it all to hell just to make a fucking story about it on ESPN. ESPN would do a breaking story on Brett Favre taking a shit if they wanted to.

:rolleyes:

Brett Favre may be the biggest attention whore in all of sports. Just because he doesn't put a sombrero on doesn't make him some kind of reserved presence. He loves stringing along the teams he plays for so that they will tell him how much he's wanted.

CoMoChief
12-23-2009, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Brett Favre may be the biggest attention whore in all of sports. Just because he doesn't put a sombrero on doesn't make him some kind of reserved presence. He loves stringing along the teams he plays for so that they will tell him how much he's wanted.

How is Brett Favre stringing along teams?

Titty Meat
12-23-2009, 02:48 PM

Hmmm, Look at the 07 Packers, 08 Jets, and This years Vikings and tell me how those teams did down the stretch and the one constant component.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-23-2009, 02:53 PM

Just look at every offseason from 2003 until now.

"I just don't know if I wanna come back"
"I'll let you know at my charity golf tournament"
"I just held this PC at the golf tournament to let you know I don't know."
"I'm retired."
"Oh, I'm not retired."
"I've been thinking about retirement."

He's like a goddamned woman constantly fishing for compliments. It's pathetic.

vailpass
12-23-2009, 02:55 PM

"I'm retired."
"Oh, I'm not retired."

A veteran's way of avoiding training camp?

Bane
12-23-2009, 03:45 PM

"I'm retired."
"Oh, I'm not retired."

:thumb: