PDA

View Full Version : Weather Christmas Blizzard of 2009

cookster50
12-23-2009, 02:16 PM
So, looking at forecasts. Sounds like people in KS/NE are going to get hit hard.
3-6 inches is forecasted for the metro area right now, with some models showing 6-10. That's a lot of snow. Wish I lived in Olathe where the forecast is for 79 degrees and sunny all week.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Is that inches or feet of snow? Makes a big difference

sedated
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
thanks, Katie

BryanBusby
12-23-2009, 02:27 PM
That bitch ain't got shit on me

tooge
12-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I have to go an hour south of Jeff city but not until saturday am. Gonna do some bowhunting tomorrow morning. Please snow!

kc rush
12-23-2009, 02:29 PM
So, looking at forecasts. Sounds like people in KS/NE are going to get hit hard.
3-6 inches is forecasted for the metro area right now, with some models showing 6-10. That's a lot of snow. Wish I lived in Olathe where the forecast is for 79 degrees and sunny all week.

My house in Olathe is for rent. You could enjoy that weather year round if you wanted.

Unfortunately, I'm in NE and am supposed to get hit. :cuss:

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I have to go an hour south of Jeff city but not until saturday am. Gonna do some bowhunting tomorrow morning. Please snow!

Hit Johnny's Smoke Stack in Rolla for good barbecue.

Inspector
12-23-2009, 02:33 PM
My wife is expecting 6 - 10" tonight.

chasedude
12-23-2009, 02:34 PM
It's raining like a MoFo here now with two power loses so far. UPS battery backups are awesome!!

Dark Horse
I hope it snows so much that 30 years from now we'll still be talking about that big snow storm back in 09

Bearcat
Yeah, just let me know when I need to put on my Katie Horner Approved Severe Weather Helmet™, move to the basement, and cover the children.

Lumpy
12-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, hey, thx for reminding me about this. :(

At least the rain has stopped. But now they're saying that w/ the rain we got the roads will turn too icy for travel. Then tonight, the snow will hit. So, we will have maybe 1/4" or so of ice and possibly a foot of snow on top of that. If all this happens, it will definitely put a damper on our Christmas plans. :cuss:

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Forecast here is for 12-20" between now and Saturday morning. With 30-40mph winds.

sportsman1
12-23-2009, 02:39 PM

I'm sure her estimates are probably just a "little" off.

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 02:42 PM

At least the rain has stopped. But now they're saying that w/ the rain we got the roads will turn too icy for travel. Then tonight, the snow will hit. So, we will have maybe 1/4" or so of ice and possibly a foot of snow on top of that. If all this happens, it will definitely put a damper on our Christmas plans. :cuss:

Ice on the road is just God's way of telling you to stay home and relax.

Or it's God's way of trying to kill you in an entertaining manner. It's really still open for debate.

Dark Horse
12-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Forecast here is for 12-20" between now and Saturday morning. With 30-40mph winds.

I'm curious, you're from South Dakota are you not?
When North Dakota wanted to change the name of the state to just Dakota, what was South Dakota's plan? Keep it South Dakota or change it to something like The other Dakota.

Inspector
I'm sure her estimates are probably just a "little" off.

I keep trying to tell her that this ' ' is 10 inches.

I have to hide all the rulers.

cookster50

Going to give it to her 3-5 times?

Skip Towne

Does this mean you aren't going to Jilly's house?

Lumpy
12-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Ice on the road is just God's way of telling you to stay home and relax.

Or it's God's way of trying to kill you in an entertaining manner. It's really still open for debate.

Thx Rain Man, now I REALLY don't want to go anywhere.

Does this mean you aren't going to Jilly's house?

Not unless I can score a fuggin' snowmobile.

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
When North Dakota wanted to change the name of the state to just Dakota, what was South Dakota's plan? Keep it South Dakota or change it to something like The other Dakota.

If I was them, I'd change it to The Kota. Make the other guys look the Bronx.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
We had 23" last weekend. Expecting more on Christmas. Could be entertaining.

Maryland had 35million set aside for snow removal this winter. Spent 27million just last Fri-Sun clearing the highways.

That's called bad planning.

JOhn

Which reminds me tell her I'm not gonna make it, so she'll have to settle for the wee elf she hasROFL

JOhn
12-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Well let us know when you expect some real snow. Shit sounds like you all are just getting a dusting:D

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 02:50 PM

We lined up or national guard along the border and dared them to try it.

Actually we don't really pay attention to them because they're crazy.

vailpass
12-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Cool. I wish a blizzard would hit here for Christmas. Had to drive up to Flagstaff last week just so my kids could know what it's like to play in the snow.

Dark Horse
12-23-2009, 02:56 PM
We lined up or national guard along the border and dared them to try it.

Actually we don't really pay attention to them because they're crazy.

I hope your national gaurd troops are better than the ones who took on Rambo, or they could force you into changing your states name to North Dakota, geography be damned.

chefsos
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
We had 23" last weekend. Expecting more on Christmas. Could be entertaining.

Maryland had 35million set aside for snow removal this winter. Spent 27million just last Fri-Sun clearing the highways.

That's called bad planning.

Heh. Delaware DOT already shot their wad, and then some, for snow removal. I guess they'll give us a hearty "Good Luck!" when the next one hits.

Dark Horse
12-23-2009, 02:59 PM
If I was them, I'd change it to The Kota. Make the other guys look the Bronx.

You say The Kota, I say Da Kota :shrug:

Bwana
12-23-2009, 02:59 PM
They were calling for two inches of snow in the forecast. Right now we have about seven inches and it still rolling hard.

Dark Horse
12-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Well let us know when you expect some real snow. Shit sounds like you all are just getting a dusting:D

I think its a hoot that your July snow storms rival our December ones.

JOhn
12-23-2009, 03:02 PM
They were calling for two inches of snow in the forecast. Right now we have about seven inches and it still rolling hard.

Same here, well actually they called for about 2, and we got 5-6 now & BLOWING hard. Chief Joseph pass they say is chains only, and likely closing very soon. I love it!!!

JOhn
12-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I think its a hoot that your July snow storms rival our December ones.

Nice thing is we rarely ( as in I've not seen any in 15 years) ice. But the freaking wind is a nightmare!!

Dark Horse
12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Nice thing is we rarely ( as in I've not seen any in 15 years) ice. But the freaking wind is a nightmare!!

Telling a Kansas resident about wind is like telling a Raiders fan about prison.

Shag
12-23-2009, 03:29 PM
They're saying 15"-20" here in the Twin Cities over the next couple days. Good times... :(

Over-Head
12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Plus 3 and rain for the next 2 days :cuss:

Sully
12-23-2009, 04:29 PM

Mine's expecting 12".
But that's only if I get in 4 full thrusts!

Sofa King
12-23-2009, 04:30 PM
just started snowing hard here... been sleet, freezing raining all day... this should make for some accidents...

kcfanintitanhell
12-23-2009, 05:24 PM

I hope that doesn't happen...when I lived in South Dakota I think the only solace we were able to take in January and February was "at least this isn't North Dakota."

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 06:19 PM
I hope that doesn't happen...when I lived in South Dakota I think the only solace we were able to take in January and February was "at least this isn't North Dakota."

That was 1989.

Ugh...they just up'd the snow predictions to 15-25 inches with steady 25-35mph winds. I like snow but that is a bit much seeing as I live on a gravel road and our local snow plow guy is like 103.

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Telling a Kansas resident about wind is like telling a Raiders fan about prison.ROFL

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I hope your national gaurd troops are better than the ones who took on Rambo, or they could force you into changing your states name to North Dakota, geography be damned.

I didn't think about this till now but they still have nukes.

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I didn't think about this till now but they still have nukes.

At the height of the Cold War, I read that if North Dakota seceded from the union they would be the third-largest nuclear power in the world. Don't mess with North Dakota.

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
At the height of the Cold War, I read that if North Dakota seceded from the union they would be the third-largest nuclear power in the world. Don't mess with North Dakota.

The 'Do Not Enter' signs on the silo door would paralyze them.

bevischief
12-23-2009, 06:58 PM
The falling shards of death will kill us all. We are all doomed.

Bob Dole
12-23-2009, 07:14 PM
How about the Christmas tornadoes? We're getting hit in northeast Texas... Just sirens here so far.

mlyonsd
12-23-2009, 07:17 PM
How about the Christmas tornadoes? We're getting hit in northeast Texas... Just sirens here so far.

That would suck. I'll stick with the blizzard.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2009, 07:20 PM
4-8 for us here in OKC... But it was supposed to rain all afternoon here.. .so far not a drop..

So those weather fucksticks failed again...

RAWR
12-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Supposed to get around 3 inches here at the Lake...hope thats all!!

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 08:10 PM
You fucklin wimps. 6-10 inches is a lot of snow? In New England that was considered a flurry. Be Men, Kings of Kansas City!!! Just grab your shovel, scrap off that windshield, and drive the car. Its not hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn
12-23-2009, 08:14 PM
You ****lin wimps. 6-10 inches is a lot of snow? In New England that was considered a flurry. Be Men, Kings of Kansas City!!! Just grab your shovel, scrap off that windshield, and drive the car. Its not hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

THISROFL

RAWR
12-23-2009, 08:16 PM
You fucklin wimps. 6-10 inches is a lot of snow? In New England that was considered a flurry. Be Men, Kings of Kansas City!!! Just grab your shovel, scrap off that windshield, and drive the car. Its not hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

While I agree, you live on flatland and some others including my nerdy ass live in the hills and out where the hoot owls fuck the chickens. Getting around in that amount of snow is no fun, unless of course your a bachelor with a buffed out jeep.

bevischief
12-23-2009, 08:17 PM
While I agree, you live on flatland and some others including my nerdy ass live in the hills and out where the hoot owls **** the chickens. Getting around in that amount of snow is no fun, unless of course your a bachelor with a buffed out jeep.

That is what 4WD is for!

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 08:20 PM
What will suck are the people in panic at work tomorrow. "Are you done yet? Are you done yet? The roads are bad! Its Christmas Eve! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!!!!! But get it right!"
Posted via Mobile Device

RAWR
12-23-2009, 08:22 PM
That is what 4WD is for!

Four wheel drive is locked in, but when its bad here the only way out is a helicopter(which I fail to own). Heres to hoping everyone makes it to their destinations safely.

sparkky
12-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I was supposed to go from here, north central arkansas, up to KC and back on Christmas day.
needless to say, canceled out on mom this year.

every one that does travel, stay safe.

luv
12-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Supposed to get around 3 inches here at the Lake...hope thats all!!

They're saying 3-5 in Springfield. I may go camp out at dad's tomorrow night in order to be there for Christmas. Ever since I got my rear wheel drive, I'm a complete wuss when it comes to driving in snow.

Bearcat
12-23-2009, 08:47 PM
You ****lin wimps. 6-10 inches is a lot of snow? In New England that was considered a flurry. Be Men, Kings of Kansas City!!! Just grab your shovel, scrap off that windshield, and drive the car. Its not hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Heh, how long have you lived in KC? We kinda suck at driving when it's 75 and sunny... it starts going downhill when it's cloudy with a chance of rain, and you might as well stay home if it actually snows.

Pioli Zombie
12-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Heh, how long have you lived in KC? We kinda suck at driving when it's 75 and sunny... it starts going downhill when it's cloudy with a chance of rain, and you might as well stay home if it actually snows.
The ice is much more of a problem than snow storms. People sliding into you. That's what concerns me. 3 feet of snow doesn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn
12-23-2009, 09:41 PM
:popcorn:

Bob Dole
12-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, we managed to avoid the tornadic action, but we got some serious flood action. Bob Dole drove through two areas of 12"+ water only to arrive at the bar with about 8" deep water all over. Merry Christmas!

Jethopper
12-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Suppost to fly to miami through MCI tomorrow at 6......It's not looking good.

RedDread
12-24-2009, 12:37 PM
From Gary Lezak's weather blog:

http://community.nbcactionnews.com/blogs/weatherblog/default.aspx

A major snowstorm is now likely throughout the entire viewing area. Some spots may get close to a foot of snow. Wide spread 4-8 inch amounts are likely and we will be working on trying to pinpoint the spots that will end up with more. This is a very dangerous winter storm and it will cause significant travel problems through the region beginning later today through Christmas Day. A WINTER STORM WARNING is in effect!

We are strongly recommending that anyone with travel plans to try to get to your final destination by this evening. I will show a time-line below on what we are expecting.

The storm is going to take a perfect track for Kansas City and surrounding communities to have a major snowstorm. Take a look at the powerful surface low forecast by 6 AM on Christmas morning:

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/37127/2589328120103597982S600x600Q85.jpg

The 986 mb (29.11") surface low is forecast to be over northeastern Missouri by 6 AM Friday. This will be drawing in copious amounts of Gulf of Mexico air which will be the fuel for the heavy snow, but also help in creating very heavy rain and thunderstorms on top of the snow that fell across the eastern states. This could be a major problem for flooding over there.

This next map is just as impressive. A snow making machine will be intensifying across Missouri this evening. Take a look at the 850 mb flow forecast valid at midnight tonight:

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/44973/2637466210103597982S600x600Q85.jpg

The heaviest snow tends to fall around 90 miles west of the 850 mb low track. This places Kansas City in the perfect spot to receive very heavy snow and possibly thunderstorms with snow between 10 PM and 6 AM as this monster storm vigorously moves by. When you look at the map, above, notice how the 850 mb low rides right along the freezing line. This is almost always the case, and that 0ºC (32ºF) line is lined up just southwest of the center of Missouri. Notice how north of the 850 mb low we have warmer air being pulled into the very cold air near Kansas City. It will likely be near 20º or lower by this time and this is another important factor for snowfall totals.

The liquid to snow ratio is usually around 10 to 1. 10" of snow would melt down to around 1" of rain. But, as temperatures drop the ratio will go up. And at around 20º the ratio will likely be closer to 15 to 1. The total precipitation forecast by the GFS model is around 1.20" for Kansas City from 6 PM Thursday to 6 AM Saturday. If this verifies then we will end up with a foot of snow in Kansas City, and possibly more in spots. Take a look at the forecast precipitation below:

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/46165/2777231650103597982S600x600Q85.jpg

Winter Storm Time-Line:

* 3 PM - 9 PM: Rain, sleet and freezing rain with temperatures dropping into the 20s. The mixture will change to snow out west first and slowly progress eastward.
* 9 PM - Midnight: Snow increasing over most of the viewing area. Thunderstorms with snow are possible with high snowfall rates per hour in the 1 to 2 inch range possible. Roads will become snow covered, slick and very hazardous. The wind will be increasing and blizzard conditions could develop. This is very, very rare in Kansas City, so let's see if this materializes.
* Midnight to sunrise Christmas morning: Snow likely over most areas with bands of heavy snow. Convective bands of heavier snow with thundersnow possible. Total accumulations by morning will be 4-8 inches with more than 8 inches likely in spots.
* Christmas Day: Snow continuing, but tapering off to light snow. Additional accumulations are possible through Saturday morning. Blizzard conditions are possible with northwest winds 20-45 mph causing blowing and drifting of the snow

This storm is just now intensifying and confidence is very high that almost the entire viewing area will see 4" of snow or more. As you get close to the state line the amounts will likely be higher as you can read above. This is a very dangerous storm and it will cause major problems for many of us. We will be covering it for you all day today and beginning at 5 AM Christmas morning on NBC Action News in HD.

Thank you so much for making the Action Weather blog part of your day. Yesterday was the second biggest day for our blog with over 50,000 hits. And, today will likely be even bigger and it's Christmas Eve. Please try to prepare for the worst, and let's see what happens with this powerful and complex storm. I just spent over an hour writing this blog, so I am going to monitor it closely, but don't expect an update until after the 6 PM newscast tonight.

Gary

kcfanXIII
12-24-2009, 12:45 PM
From Gary Lezak's weather blog:

best source for weather info in the kc area. he updates that thing several times a day, sometimes more often than he is on the air. it gets a little technical at times, but he usually does a good job of explaining what he thinks is gonna happen, and other possibilities as well. enjoy snowmegeddon everyone.

58-4ever
12-24-2009, 02:29 PM
we will get 12-15 inches in Norman. My wife will get 7-9 depending on my mood.

LaChapelle
12-24-2009, 02:31 PM
I stopped at Diary Queen and asked for a Christmas Blizzard
they flipped me off

Cntrygal
12-24-2009, 02:38 PM
It's warmed up to 9 here and the sun is out.... making all the fools believe that the threat of the storm is over.

Stewie
12-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It is when there are so few snow plows. Most vehicles don't do well in deep snow no matter what the cocks of the block tell you.

I've skied Tahoe a few times. That place gets unbelievable amounts of snow at times. I've driven to my favorite ski slope a couple of different years with walls of snow 10' high on both sides of the road with an occasional breakout that's a driveway. It's awesome. They can get 3' per day when it's really going. I've skied Colorado more than Tahoe, but have never seen anything like the snow in the Sierra Nevadas. It's a wetter snow that Colorado, so Colorado has my skiing vote in that category.

sportsman1
12-24-2009, 04:00 PM
LMAO I almost made a joke yesterday making fun b/c it was 78 in Fort Worth. They didn't forecast any snow or temps below 40.. and now were getting 3inches. Blizzard warning to the west. Katie Horner ain't got nothing on Finfrod. As long as y'all don't lose power you'll be fine.

SDChiefs
12-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Its mid 60's and sunny here. I feel your pain.

KCChiefsMan
12-24-2009, 04:50 PM
ya, I was going to drive home from Lawrence, KS to southcentral KS. Got on the turnpike and the weather is awful and just plain dangerous. It doesn't help that my ford focus drives like crap in snow either. So I turned around at the rest stop between lawrence/topeka and came back here. Oh well, will have to go see my mom next week.

Rain Man
12-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Wolf Creek Pass is at 174 inches so far. We'll see if they beat their annual average of 465 inches.

cookster50
12-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Blizzard warning for the metro area.

cookster50
12-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Haven't turned on channel 5 today, I'd be afraid of watching Katie Horner going all stormgasmic for the next 24 hours non stop.

Pioli Zombie
12-24-2009, 06:44 PM
The weather is like the scene in Madagascar when the Penguins finally get to the South Pole. "Well this sucks".
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
12-24-2009, 07:41 PM
I attempted to go to Iowa for Xmas. The black stallion doesn't quite have the handles in the snow. Had to turn back. About got hit by a semi. I'm not going back out for a couple days. Christmas alone for me :(

Pioli Zombie
12-24-2009, 07:43 PM
I attempted to go to Iowa for Xmas. The black stallion doesn't quite have the handles in the snow. Had to turn back. About got hit by a semi. I'm not going back out for a couple days. Christmas alone for me :(
Football and Masturbation.
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
12-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Football and Masturbation.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2396/1795305545_71bcffedef.jpg

luv
12-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Nothing in Springfield yet. They said it would start around 10pm. It was originally 3-5". Then, it was 4-8". Now, they're saying 3-6".

JOhn
12-24-2009, 09:53 PM
It is when there are so few snow plows. Most vehicles don't do well in deep snow no matter what the cocks of the block tell you.

Actually most do very well, it's all the plowing that really screws things up. :D
Truthfully they rarely plow the roads around here, other than the drifts and a little sand on the intersections. Mainly for the fact they couldn't budget enough for snow removal without breaking the city/county.

they have never plowed in town with less than 6-8 inchs on the ground

I never have any problem getting around, no matter what type of vehicle I've been driving. The only issues I ever have is with drivers not from here or new to the area.

just my .02 worth

kcfanXIII
12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
modot sucks, merry fucking christmas.

Frazod
12-24-2009, 09:57 PM
We've been very lucky in Chicago so far (knock on wood). It was cold as hell earlier in the month, but we've only gotten a few inches of snow here and there. Right now it's raining, and the temperature is hovering in the mid-30s. The roads are wet, but not icy at all.

If it was ten degrees colder we'd be buried in snow.

BWillie
12-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Actually most do very well, it's all the plowing that really screws things up. :D
Truthfully they rarely plow the roads around here, other than the drifts and a little sand on the intersections. Mainly for the fact they couldn't budget enough for snow removal without breaking the city/county.

they have never plowed in town with less than 6-8 inchs on the ground

I never have any problem getting around, no matter what type of vehicle I've been driving. The only issues I ever have is with drivers not from here or new to the area.

just my .02 worth

My BMW's traction control went out and the ABS no longer works. That is all that is wrong w/ it and it is $2400 to fix. Handles great even in rain, but when it snows all hell breaks lose. I about get stuck in my driveway.

sportsman1
12-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Sad when its colder in Texas than Chicago lol. 4 inches, and snow drifts.. Climate change is a b*tch!

luv
12-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, shit. Can't snow here without ice first. Everything is covered with sleet.

luv
12-24-2009, 10:18 PM
How does a forecast change in the same newscast? They're now "guessing" 1-3".

Dark Horse
12-24-2009, 10:47 PM
How does a forecast change in the same newscast? They're now "guessing" 1-3".

That sucks you should get some kind of refund. Maybe a flash flood or cyclone or something.

luv
12-24-2009, 10:49 PM
That sucks you should get some kind of refund. Maybe a flash flood or cyclone or something.

Eh, I'm glad they made people panic. Came over and spent Christmas Eve with dad.

KS Smitty
12-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Eh, I'm glad they made people panic. Came over and spent Christmas Eve with dad.

Amen luv. We went ahead and came to Mom's yesterday evening because of the forecast. Glad we did cuz I heard from a friend that went from KC to Manhattan and it took her over 4 hours to make a trip that takes a minimum of an hour and 45 minutes. And she left around noonish. Sure we probably could have done it but it was better traveling last night in spite of the fog and mist. More time with family is always better. (at least for us)

JohninGpt
12-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Tulsa is a frozen wasteland. We lost power for about three hours earlier, but it's back on now (thank you Broken Arrow PW!).
High in the mid twenties tomorrow, so the snow will stick around. This will be the first white Christmas my kids have ever had. It should be fun.

BWillie
12-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Tulsa is a frozen wasteland. We lost power for about three hours earlier, but it's back on now (thank you Broken Arrow PW!).
High in the mid twenties tomorrow, so the snow will stick around. This will be the first white Christmas my kids have ever had. It should be fun.

WTF would you want a white xmas for?

JohninGpt
12-24-2009, 11:15 PM
WTF would you want a white xmas for?

Why not? It's not like I have to get up and go to work. I'll go sledding with my son.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Why not? It's not like I have to get up and go to work. I'll go sledding with my son.

Yep we already have the sleds at the door for the morning adventure!

Mecca
12-24-2009, 11:22 PM
I've yet to figure out why so many people hate snow so much, it doesn't happen often.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2009, 11:24 PM
I've yet to figure out why so many people hate snow so much, it doesn't happen often.

Cold, windy, cant travel, causes a shit ton of work shoveling and just over all sucks...

but my son and I are going to hit the hills on the sled in the morning...

Should be a good time...

JohninGpt
12-24-2009, 11:26 PM

I like a good storm anyway, hell I enjoyed Hurricane Katrina until I saw what it did to my house.

KCChiefsMan
12-24-2009, 11:41 PM
this is probably the heaviest snow storm I've seen in Lawrence. Christmas alone, I don't care I was only going because it means something to my mom, sis and nephew.

SLAG
12-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Every few years we get a bad ice storm / snow storm/ tornado / flood - this shit is going to happen this is the mid west get with it.

This is not THAT Bad - the trucks were prepared - people are home from work the proverbial white christmas has been fulfilled .

unless of course you are in olathe; and that I am

Skip Towne
12-24-2009, 11:46 PM

Because most of us work and have to get out in it.

cdcox
12-24-2009, 11:52 PM
There's a tiny gap in the window of our hotel room and as a result a tiny snow drift has accumulated on the window sill.

Nineteen years in the south has not eroded my snow s
driving skills in the least, but it sure has thinned my blood.

kcfanXIII
12-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Every few years we get a bad ice storm / snow storm/ tornado / flood - this shit is going to happen this is the mid west get with it.

This is not THAT Bad - the trucks were prepared - people are home from work the proverbial white christmas has been fulfilled .

unless of course you are in olathe; and that I am

tell us again about the sun and the 75 degrees?

SLAG
12-25-2009, 12:36 AM
tell us again about the sun and the 75 degrees?

it is legendary indeed - I am sitting by the pool about to take a christmas dive - I need someone to come mow my lawn

carlos3652
12-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Olathe - 14 degrees and 5 or 6 inches of snow so far, we received like 1 inch of sleet earlier... I think NWS said this was a once in a quarter century storm....

(and i know the running joke of 75 and sunny in olathe..., but i live almost in OP so its on the other side of town...) ;P

TheGuardian
12-25-2009, 12:59 AM
It's nasty outside right now. Looks like I am living in Alaska or something.

kcfanXIII
12-25-2009, 01:06 AM
it is legendary indeed - I am sitting by the pool about to take a christmas dive - I need someone to come mow my lawn

do you need a pool guy? its kinda what i do, i don't have much work this time of year

Olathe - 14 degrees and 5 or 6 inches of snow so far, we received like 1 inch of sleet earlier... I think NWS said this was a once in a quarter century storm....

(and i know the running joke of 75 and sunny in olathe..., but i live almost in OP so its on the other side of town...) ;P

if you know the joke, don't ruin it for the rest of us, who one day dream...

BryanBusby
12-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Got home a little over an hour ago. Work tried to keep me locked in, which was totally not going to happen. 71 was a complete white out and I watched some tard try to haul ass past me doing 50-60 slam right into a ditch.

Stay safe and keep off the roads if possible everyone.

kcfanXIII
12-25-2009, 01:20 AM
glad you made it home safe busby. i hope everyone has the same luck.

teedubya
12-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Haven't turned on channel 5 today, I'd be afraid of watching Katie Horner going all stormgasmic for the next 24 hours non stop.

Stormgasm. That is hilarious.

BryanBusby
12-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Is she still pregnant or finally get blown out from being pregnant for like 5 years straight?

SLAG
12-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Is she still pregnant or finally get blown out from being pregnant for like 5 years straight?

2x4 down a hall way...

Pioli Zombie
12-25-2009, 06:15 AM
"My favorite Christmas memory. We were doing a show and this man said "hey,can I get you a cup of coffee" and then after the show we did a Cincinnati bow tie and that man became my husband. Giggle. Giggle."
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
12-25-2009, 06:27 AM
I can't see my car because of the snow drifts...

luv
12-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Well, it's white. I think we got less than an inch, though.

InChiefsHeaven
12-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Papillion is pretty well boxed in. I have a drift against my garage about 4' deep, and another 3 footer at the end of the driveway. We're supposed to go to grandma's later today...I don't see it happening.

Sure-Oz
12-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Looks like in my area we got about 4-6 inches...kinda meh, they were talkin like it'd snow all day today and get up to 9-12 inches, now i hear light flurries

fucking weathermen

mlyonsd
12-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Looks like in my area we got about 4-6 inches...kinda meh, they were talkin like it'd snow all day today and get up to 9-12 inches, now i hear light flurries

****ing weathermen

Trade you. 14 on the ground with another 9-11 expected. Winds 25-40.

So far I've pushed snow 4 times. Last one took over 3 hours and its about knee deep already where I started.

It can stop anytime. Christmas is white enough.

Mr. Kotter
12-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Trade you. 14 on the ground with another 9-11 expected. Winds 25-40.

So far I've pushed snow 4 times. Last one took over 3 hours and its about knee deep already where I started.

It can stop anytime. Christmas is white enough.

Yup....sounds about like us here in SF. Merry Christmas, neighbor. Could be Sunday before they get I-29 cleared so I can go say good-bye to pops. He seems to be in good spirits, by phone.

:toast:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IAckfn8yiAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IAckfn8yiAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mlyonsd
12-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Yup....sounds about like us here in SF. Merry Christmas, neighbor.

:toast:

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/IAckfn8yiAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Same to you. I bet I won't see a plow until Sunday night.

HonestChieffan
12-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Making a Pork Shoulder, tossed beer into the drift on front porch, told the kid and his wife to stay home..presents tomorrow. Carolina style BBQ sammiches this evening

Sounds like North Dakota and looks like it too.

BWillie
12-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I was going to get a snow shovel w/ my Lowe's gift card I was sure to get for xmas. Being that I couldn't even get my presents, I'll be snowed in for a while. I don't know how I'm going to get this shit off of my driveway. At least the black stallion is in the garage

12-25-2009, 04:43 PM
shoveling the old fashioned way sucks. Normally I can just scrape the driveway quickly with a big sheet of plywood. Not today.

12-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, it's white. I think we got less than an inch, though.wanna trade?/

chasedude
12-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Why shovel when the crap just blows right back? Glad I made it to the old homestead in St. Joe before everything started to hit Friday. Looks like I'll be here until spring melt!

Bugeater
12-25-2009, 04:54 PM
shoveling the old fashioned way sucks. Normally I can just scrape the driveway quickly with a big sheet of plywood. Not today.
I thought you finally broke down and bought a snowblower.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2009, 05:03 PM
So what's the situation down in Oklahoma City? I'VE got to drive back through there in a few days on the way back down to Texas.
Posted via Mobile Device

12-25-2009, 05:05 PM
I thought you finally broke down and bought a snowblower.Nope. Decided it still wasn't worth it for only 2 uses per year.

Reerun_KC
12-25-2009, 05:07 PM
So what's the situation down in Oklahoma City? I'VE got to drive back through there in a few days on the way back down to Texas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seems to me that the interstates will be fine, they looked pretty decent today considering....

We just went out for a drive and all the main roads were clear, wet but clear...

Deberg_1990
12-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Seems to me that the interstates will be fine, they looked pretty decent today considering....

We just went out for a drive and all the main roads were clear, wet but clear...

Ok, thanks. Should be good by Sunday then...as long as the snow is done...
Posted via Mobile Device

Cntrygal
12-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

They got 14 inches... the airport opened with limited services today. I haven't seen anything about the actual roads though.