PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs expect to see a motivated LJ when they visit Bengals

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Chiefs expect to see a motivated LJ when they visit Bengals (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1648529-p2.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Larry Johnson always ran his hardest when he believed he had been wronged. So it’s natural to assume his first game against the Chiefs will be bigger than any Super Bowl he could ever play in.

While that feeling isn’t necessarily mutual, it’s fair to say the Chiefs would prefer to avoid the embarrassment of having their woeful run defense steamrolled when they play against Johnson and the Bengals on Sunday in Cincinnati.

“Knowing Larry, I know he’ll be up for this game,” Chiefs coach Todd Haley said. “I would expect nothing less, so we’ve got to be up. Whether it’s (starter Cedric Benson) or (Johnson) in there, we’ve got to be ready to play.”

The Chiefs released Johnson, their second all-time leading rusher, last month after he sent out tweets that were critical of Haley and included homosexual slurs.

Sunday’s reunion is clouded by a couple of issues. The first is that Johnson generally doesn’t play much.

He had 107 yards in 22 carries in a recent game against Cleveland, but he was the featured back that day only because the injured Benson didn’t play. Johnson was a backup in the other four games he’s played for Cincinnati, carrying a total of 11 times.

The 9-5 Bengals can also clinch the AFC North championship by beating the Chiefs. Johnson was fired up about the prospect of Sunday’s game when he signed with the Bengals last month but tried to downplay its personal significance Wednesday when he spoke with reporters in Cincinnati.

“I may end up with 30 carries and I may end up with four,” Johnson said. “If Cedric was still out and I was being the guy like I was against Cleveland, then I’d be a little more pumped and excited.

“What’s going on right now is bigger than me versus the Kansas City Chiefs. It’s basically us trying to put ourselves in a great position to get into the playoffs and hopefully the Super Bowl.”

His former teammates, though, weren’t necessarily buying that.

“It will be the same as Michael Vick playing against the Falcons,” said Johnson’s replacement with the Chiefs, Jamaal Charles. “He was drafted here and he has records here, so I’m sure it’s a big deal to him. It seems it’s like revenge.”

Linebacker Mike Vrabel said, “I don’t know if anybody knew what was going through his head when he was here but I’m sure he’ll be motivated. It looked like he was motivated on the film we saw of him. I’d say that would be a goal of his, to have a good game.”

Often privately and sometimes publicly, Johnson fumed in Kansas City when the weekly game plan didn’t revolve around him. He’s had to learn a different way with the Bengals, making his short time with the Bengals a different experience than the last few years with the Chiefs.

“He’s come into a very different role for him, a role he’s not used to playing,” Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer said. “He’s preparing to do whatever his role in the game plan is. He’s been the guy for so long and to come in and be a backup and not get the carries you’re used to getting is tough, (but) he’s staying ready and alert for when he does get the carries. That’s something he does a very good job of.

“I haven’t seen one single sign (of frustration). He’s been on time to everything, ready to roll, prepared. He’s done everything we’ve asked him to do.”

The Bengals are asking Johnson to be ready to help on special teams, so it’s more likely the Chiefs might see Johnson covering a punt or running back a kickoff as an injury replacement rather than carrying the ball on offense.

Imagine him doing any of that in Kansas City.

“He’s done everything he’s been asked to do,” Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said. “He’s a backup on the punt team and backup kickoff returner. So he’s taking part in special teams meetings and the special teams parts of practice. Those are things he wasn’t doing with the Chiefs because he was their primary ball carrier.

“Larry came here trying to be a small cog in the wheel. He came in here basically as the 53rd player. He understood that coming in. He knew the parameters he was agreeing to to become part of this football team.”

12-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Who thinks our Career Day Defense will rear its ugly head this week?

Mecca
12-24-2009, 12:24 AM
If he rips off 100 yards on us that will be a rather sad day.

12-24-2009, 12:31 AM
If he rips off 100 yards on us that will be a rather sad day.I was thinking even more.

mikey23545
12-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Chiefs expect to see a motivated LJ when they visit Bengals

What running back wouldn't be motivated when getting ready to face this run D?....

jettio
12-24-2009, 12:33 AM
I think in his rookie year he ran a kickoff back in preseason. He does not have that kind of speed anymore, but he once had some talent.

chiefs1111
12-24-2009, 12:36 AM
If he rips off 100 yards on us that will be a rather sad day.

I sure as hell hope he doesn't. Otherwise,KcBroncohater will show and say "I told you we shouldn't have gotten rid of LJ! and we'll never hear the end of it.

Mecca
12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
I only went with 100 because he's not even a starter.

sportsman1
12-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Maybe the defensive players hate him enough that it will be him who truly pays? :shrug:

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2009, 12:53 AM
I bet he'll get quite a few more carries this week. I really think the Bengals D may just shut us out.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2009, 12:59 AM
LJ can win my fantasy championship for me this weekend. GO LJ! LMAO

Mecca
12-24-2009, 12:59 AM
I bet he'll get quite a few more carries this week. I really think the Bengals D may just shut us out.

It's all those USC players they have.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2009, 01:03 AM
It's all those USC players they have.Maybe, but we have a USC QB. I'm not sold...:)

Mecca
12-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Maybe, but we have a USC QB. I'm not sold...:)

He doesn't count since he didn't get to start any games.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2009, 02:06 AM
I forsee that GoChiefs is going to have a splooge-launching Sunday of North Pole Productions EPIC-ness.

There was only One Man who could have put the ice on GoChiefs and LJ's collective nut-sacks, and he will be heard exclaiming "ALL DAY LONG N***A'"! at a different venue.

GC, you and your Sweet Baboo have earned this one the hard way. All I ask, is that you pray for Jamaal Charles. He's going to be staring down the barrel of one mean-assed, Sizzle-inducing Samoan on a mission of complete and utter destruction.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2009, 02:11 AM
LJ will have 170 yards on 6 carries

2 kick returns for touchdown

1 fumble recovery on punt coverage

spit on todd Haley

Chiefaholic
12-24-2009, 02:17 AM
win or lose the game, I just hope the defense can man up for just ONE freakin week and shut down Larry on his rushing attempts.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2009, 02:26 AM
I forsee that GoChiefs is going to have a splooge-launching Sunday of North Pole Productions EPIC-ness.

Every washrag, will have no quarter and the Jergens shall be pulverized to low supply when Larry Johnson is viewed upon his eyes this upcoming Sunday.

THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Every washrag, will have no quarter and the Jergens shall be pulverized to low supply when Larry Johnson is viewed upon his eyes this upcoming Sunday.

THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

The 52" HD is going up in flames.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2009, 02:31 AM
The 52" HD is going up in flames.

His "man-love" will short it out, and he'd think the Y2K meltdown was about 10 years too late

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2009, 02:36 AM
His "man-love" will short it out, and he'd think the Y2K meltdown was about 10 years too late

LMAO

He'll miss work for two days, lying prone on the floor afterward, unable to do more than gibber incoherent phrases at the ceiling.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2009, 02:47 AM
LMAO

He'll miss work for two days, lying prone on the floor afterward, unable to do more than gibber incoherent phrases at the ceiling.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/FeignedResolution/th_image.gif

He'll then start shooting and destroying his LJ paraphernalia like a scorn lover, because if he can't see him in a live action format he can't look at him anymore.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2009, 02:51 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/FeignedResolution/th_image.gif

He'll then start shooting and destroying his LJ paraphernalia like a scorn lover, because if he can't see him in a live action format he can't look at him anymore.

Or at the very least write an "I miss you LJ"-article for WPI, where he claims that LJ's balls of steel are "untouchable". :D

pr_capone
12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
I hope LJ rakes us for 350 yards. (hopefully the final nail in Pederast's coffin)

Then dies. (so he can't enjoy it)

kcxiv
12-24-2009, 05:32 AM
I hope LJ rakes us for 350 yards. (hopefully the final nail in Pederast's coffin)

pfft, the coffin is already in the ground. They are kicking dirt on it now.

runnercyclist
12-24-2009, 08:45 AM

...this. Then post game while celebrating LJ treats acts up in a bar in the the 'Nati and gets banned from the league for reoccurring violations.

KCbroncoHATER
12-24-2009, 10:40 AM
We can only hope that LJ doesn't play against the Chiefs.

No, we had better start praying that he doesn't get to play.

We have nothing that could stop him.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2009, 10:44 AM
We can only hope that LJ doesn't play against the Chiefs.

No, we had better start praying that he doesn't get to play.

We have nothing that could stop him.

Maybe your mom? She is pretty beastly...

Demonpenz
12-24-2009, 10:45 AM
now it looks like larry's tweets were right

Bearcat
12-24-2009, 10:47 AM
F*** 'em.

rockymtnchief
12-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Start Niswanger at NT, with Albert and Waters at T. He'll keep running into them and falling down all day.

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Start Niswanger at NT, with Albert and Waters at T. He'll keep running into them and falling down all day.

ROFL

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2009, 11:00 AM
It speaks volumes about the guy that he would be more motivated to show up against us than to be motivated by actually winning something.

I would love to see his kneecaps broken and -9 yards rushing in 17 attempts, but if he runs all over us at least we still have Charles and they still have him.

KCbroncoHATER
12-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't see where LJ said anything about this game

I wouldn't blame him if he did ...

Extra Point
12-24-2009, 11:06 AM
“What’s going on right now is bigger than me versus the Kansas City Chiefs. It’s basically us trying to put ourselves in a great position to get into the playoffs and hopefully the Super Bowl.”

LJigga, please.

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't see where LJ said anything about this game

I wouldn't blame him if he did ...

He tweeted about it as soon as he signed with the Bengals.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2009, 11:14 AM
about the only thing i really care about this week against the bengals is LJ not having a good day.

KCbroncoHATER
12-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh boy, one line several weeks ago ....

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo!

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I would love to see his kneecaps broken and -9 yards rushing in 17 attempts, but if he runs all over us at least we still have Charles and they still have him.

Dude, yes the guy is a dick but at the same time you shouldn't wish an injury to anyone.