PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Fuck Fantasy Football

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2009, 06:44 PM
So, I log on to check my team today, and I see that the NFL has changed the ruling of the Kurt Warner to Anquan Boldin TD against the Lions to a lateral. Which costs me a point for a reception. Which makes me lose my semifinal game by 9/10ths of a point.

Bullshit.

Absolute fucking bullshit.

Pioli Zombie
12-24-2009, 06:46 PM
0w-Fuckin-Ouch!!!!! That would make me want to hurt someone.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2009, 06:51 PM
I was already probably going to call this my last fantasy year. I'm definitely done after this.

I don't know why I've played for this long, anyway. It's not any fun, there is way too much luck involved, and it's ruined the way that people value football players.

KCChiefsMan
12-24-2009, 06:52 PM
damn, that's a tough one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Fuck Fantasy Football

I've been saying this for months.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2009, 06:54 PM
That's what you get for living in a fantasy world.

Oh yeah, Santa Claus isn't real !

Hootie
12-24-2009, 06:56 PM
FFL is awesome...

What people need to do is rotissify their H2H leagues...

The best teams score the most points...but half the fun is winning/smack talking opponents in H2H games...

So put half of the prize pool towards points scored...and the other half towards the league championship.

And maybe you should get out of leagues that score with fractions...those leagues are super gay anyways.

Find the right league, and maybe you'll stop bitching.

I am by NO means a lucky person...and I've made the playoffs/made money every single year for the last 5 years in fantasy football.

Pioli Zombie
12-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I was already probably going to call this my last fantasy year. I'm definitely done after this.

I don't know why I've played for this long, anyway. It's not any fun, there is way too much luck involved, and it's ruined the way that people value football players.
It messes with your rooting loyalties too. Last week I found myself cheering a Brady interception and a Miami score because I had Ricky Williams and my opponant had Brady. I'm like "ok, this isn't right".
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
12-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Sounds like some of you suck...I've been in the championship game three years running...next year I'm stepping up to a pay league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2009, 07:02 PM
FFL is awesome...

What people need to do is rotissify their H2H leagues...

The best teams score the most points...but half the fun is winning/smack talking opponents in H2H games...

So put half of the prize pool towards points scored...and the other half towards the league championship.

And maybe you should get out of leagues that score with fractions...those leagues are super gay anyways.

Find the right league, and maybe you'll stop bitching.

I am by NO means a lucky person...and I've made the playoffs/made money every single year for the last 5 years in fantasy football.

Yeah, because losing b/c Antowain Smith gained 61 yards instead of 59 back in 2002 when every league used whole point scoring was so much different.

Whole point scoring is even worse. Look @ the old Yahoo formula of 20 yards per point.

A guy gets 19 rushing and receiving yards and gets 0 points. Another gets 20 rushing yards and gets a point. How is that any less gay?

big nasty kcnut
12-24-2009, 07:02 PM
I like it cause i love to study talents
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Sounds like some of you suck...I've been in the championship game three years running...next year I'm stepping up to a pay league.

ROFLROFL

I've been in a pay league for years.

This was a 16 team pay league where you had to pay for every transaction. It's not some public nothing league.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2009, 07:03 PM
A guy gets 19 rushing and receiving yards and gets 0 points. Another gets 20 rushing yards and gets a point. How is that any less gay? In my league I would get 1.9 points for that.

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2009, 07:08 PM

And the MOMENT you step up to a pay league, you will get screwed in every way possible.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2009, 07:10 PM
And the MOMENT you step up to a pay league, you will get screwed in every way possible. Why? I had to deal with a lot of adversity this year. Eddie Royal, Willie Parker and Lee Evans had shitty years, Michael Turner got hurt, Chris Cooley went on IR... I survived it all and got to the championship! I'M LEGIT, BITCH!

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Why? I had to deal with a lot of adversity this year. Eddie Royal, Willie Parker and Lee Evans had shitty years, Michael Turner got hurt, Chris Cooley went on IR... I survived it all and got to the championship! I'M LEGIT, BITCH!

Heed the wisdom of me and many others whose Midas touch became Schmidas touch once money was involved. Good luck, though.

RealSNR
12-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Yahoo has more options in their leagues, but the interface is still garbage. I don't like it one bit. I wish there was a different free site where you could adjust the options of how the league looked without using Yahoo.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-24-2009, 08:38 PM
ROFL

Christofire
12-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I was a big fan the first few years I did it. Ultimately I decided that racking up points via stats didn't really feel like managing a football team -- esp. when you're in a league that scores points for everything but blowing your nose (ex: 229-178, etc. That's not football. That's Arena ball.)

I had high school friends that ONLY counted real life points toward their league (TDs, FGs, XPs, etc.). That one seemed brutal, but challenging.
Posted via Mobile Device