PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Who do they compare to?

RustShack
12-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Who are this years draft prospects comparable to? Like Taylor Mays to Sean Taylor or Berry to Ed Reed for Example.

LiL stumppy
12-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Taylor Mays is as close to Jesus as a S can be.

/Mecca

Kyle DeLexus
12-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Berry compares to Ed Reed, Mays doesn't really compare to anyone IMO. He's got physical ability that transcends the safety position, he's as big and hits like a linebacker yet as fast as anyone on the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Tebow compares to Gabriel.

Frankie
12-25-2009, 04:20 PM
This is a good topic. Those of you who have already done your homework on this year's draft prospects give us something to start ours with.

RustShack
12-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Who is Okung, Spiller, McClain, Bryant, Tate, Benn.. the list goes on.

Delano
12-25-2009, 04:29 PM
That big, white running back compares to that other big, white running back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
12-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Posted via Mobile DeviceIt's sort of like that one small white WR comparing to that other small white WR.

Gadzooks
12-25-2009, 04:37 PM
That white running back compares to that other white running back.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP - I thought they all got compared to Alstott:D

Easy 6
12-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

He's in for a big surprise if he thinks he'll get a legit shot at true RB for an NFL team IMO.

At best he'll get a role similar to Alstott, yeah thats right i compared him to another white guy... oh noes.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Taylor Mays projects to be another Jon McGraw....

Just thought id be different....
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
12-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Who is Okung, Spiller, McClain, Bryant, Tate, Benn.. the list goes on.

Okung= McSack
Spiller=Charles
McClain=Belcher
Bryant=Bobby Wade without the wheels
Benn=Lawrence

Oh and I almost forgot

Sam Bradford=Brodie Cassel
Claussen=Joe Montana

That aught to get ya started!

Mecca
12-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Taylor Mays doesn't really have one, you can usually think of one for the rest of the guys.

Berry's is obviously Reed.

CJ Spiller's comparison is some kind of hybrid of Chris Johnson and Reggie Bush, Johnson as a runner Bush as a reciever and special teams weapon.

Russ Okung, hrm, this one is hard because I'm not overly sure what OT in the NFL is like him. He doesn't have great feet and is not a good pass protector nor is he all that athletic so in that regard he's kind of like Jake Long was but he's nothing compared to Long in run blocking...it's weird to think a guy who doesn't overly excel in either aspect is being put in the top 5. Okung is one of those guys who will probably play 10 years, never make a pro bowl and have a largely forgettable career so John Tait?

Mecca
12-25-2009, 05:12 PM
I think Rolando McClains comparison is DeMeco Ryans with a bit more speed and no it's not because they both went to the same school.

TheGuardian
12-25-2009, 05:14 PM
John Tait is a good comparison.

BossChief
12-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Taylor Mays doesn't really have one, you can usually think of one for the rest of the guys.

Berry's is obviously Reed.

CJ Spiller's comparison is some kind of hybrid of Chris Johnson and Reggie Bush, Johnson as a runner Bush as a reciever and special teams weapon.

Russ Okung, hrm, this one is hard because I'm not overly sure what OT in the NFL is like him. He doesn't have great feet and is not a good pass protector nor is he all that athletic so in that regard he's kind of like Jake Long was but he's nothing compared to Long in run blocking...it's weird to think a guy who doesn't overly excel in either aspect is being put in the top 5. Okung is one of those guys who will probably play 10 years, never make a pro bowl and have a largely forgettable career so John Tait?

Funny, that is exactly who I have compared him to when watching him play. I see Okung= Tait X.95

spot on man.

BryanBusby
12-25-2009, 05:17 PM

Jake Long has a lot more strength than Okung and was a bit better in the footwork department. Thinking of Okung, he comes off as what Branden Albert would of been in the draft if he played LT at Virginia instead of Guard.

KurtCobain
12-25-2009, 05:18 PM
I think Rolando McClains comparison is DeMeco Ryans

bingo

dodgy
12-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Berry is much like Ed Reed

RippedmyFlesh
12-25-2009, 05:26 PM

And he's considered the best olineman. Pretty lean year for 1st round talent olineman. i am glad we got albert when we did.

BryanBusby
12-25-2009, 05:28 PM
A wild lurker approaches!

Fake Edit: I don't think Okung will be the top OT in the draft after workouts, etc. Some people already think Trent Williams is a better prospect.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Colt McCoy ?

BryanBusby
12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Steve Bono

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Colt McCoy ?

Dog shit?

BryanBusby
12-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Same difference

Mecca
12-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Russ Okung is not as athletic as Albert is, so don't throw that out.

Colt McCoy is Brodie Croyle without the arm. Lean build, had some injury issues, pedestrian arm. He's not very accurate but the system he's in has really pumped up his numbers.

TheGuardian
12-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Colt McCoy is going to be a colossal bust. So will his wide out that he stares down every pass.

Mecca
12-25-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't really think any NFL team is under the illusion that McCoy will ever be more than a backup, if anyone takes him before say the 4th round they're tarded.

RippedmyFlesh
12-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Russ Okung is not as athletic as Albert is, so don't throw that out.

Colt McCoy is Brodie Croyle without the arm. Lean build, had some injury issues, pedestrian arm. He's not very accurate but the system he's in has really pumped up his numbers.
I am just saying I wouldn't want to have to be shopping for a LT in the coming draft. Of about 45 spots that need replacing at least lt is filled.

Mecca
12-25-2009, 08:44 PM
I am just saying I wouldn't want to have to be shopping for a LT in the coming draft. Of about 45 spots at least lt is filled.

I wouldn't either, these guys are being pumped up by the value of their position not their actual talent. In most years they'd be late first early 2nd types, none of these guys are as good as Oher was last year.

That's something I wish the Oline or bust crowd would realize, if the guy was Ogden I might be like ok it's something that can be done, these guys aren't that level of prospect.

milkman
12-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Jake Long has a lot more strength than Okung and was a bit better in the footwork department. Thinking of Okung, he comes off as what Branden Albert would of been in the draft if he played LT at Virginia instead of Guard.

Let me just say in all sincerity that you are a fucking moron.

Kyle DeLexus
I am just saying I wouldn't want to have to be shopping for a LT in the coming draft. Of about 45 spots that need replacing at least lt is filled.

I agree, top LT's are garbage this year.

Mecca
Also guys like Campbell, Davis etc etc, they should all be declaring, in a down OT year they have a chance to be 1st rounders or even top 15 picks when in most years they wouldn't be.

RippedmyFlesh
12-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Also guys like Campbell, Davis etc etc, they should all be declaring, in a down OT year they have a chance to be 1st rounders or even top 15 picks when in most years they wouldn't be.
every year some teams need lt so not needing is great for us.
as soon as 1or 2 are taken there could be a panic run on them setting up our own 2nd rounder.
would be sweet to see like 3-4 lt's go before our 2nd round pick.we would have some 1st round talent staring at us.

Mecca
12-25-2009, 08:53 PM
every year some teams need lt so not needing is great for us.
as soon as 1or 2 are taken there could be a panic run on them setting up our own 2nd rounder.
would be sweet to see like 3-4 lt's go before our 2nd round pick.we would have some 1st round talent staring at us.

We'd be the team that would trade up to take another one.

You'd think after all these teams that have used 1st round picks on OT's that eventually the OT's would start falling a bit just due to teams having the spot filled.

DaneMcCloud
12-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Taylor Mays is as close to Jesus as a S can be.

/Mecca

Wrong.

:shake:

I don't know what's happened to you. Maybe your balls finally dropped. I don't know.

But your input as of late is about on the level of Roy III's.

Check that.

Even Roy is laughing at your doucherry.

milkman
12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Wrong.

:shake:

I don't know what's happened to you. Maybe your balls finally dropped. I don't know.

But your input as of late is about on the level of Roy III's.

Check that.

Even Roy is laughing at your doucherry.

Lil Stumpy has been a pain in the ass dumbass since the '07 draft.

Pioli Zombie
12-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Craig James. For half of '84 and all of '85 with New England Craig James was the best white running back evahhh.
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh
12-25-2009, 09:06 PM
We'd be the team that would trade up to take another one.

You'd think after all these teams that have used 1st round picks on OT's that eventually the OT's would start falling a bit just due to teams having the spot filled.
true but you don't see alot of good teams taking one high. cyclical kind of if you need one you prob aren't good.
of course kc being an anomaly sucking but having that spot filled
at least the suckage is somewhat unique

Delano
12-25-2009, 09:08 PM
So...who was the most recent good white running back? Robert Smith?

RippedmyFlesh
Craig James. For half of '84 and all of '85 with New England Craig James was the best white running back evahhh.
Posted via Mobile Device
larry csonka all time
really the last great white back
others had flashes after him but not a long run like him

Mecca
So...who is the most recent good white running back? Robert Smith?
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not white, he's a light complected black guy.

Delano
12-25-2009, 09:12 PM

Dude... LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
12-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't either, these guys are being pumped up by the value of their position not their actual talent. In most years they'd be late first early 2nd types, none of these guys are as good as Oher was last year.

That's something I wish the Oline or bust crowd would realize, if the guy was Ogden I might be like ok it's something that can be done, these guys aren't that level of prospect.

these

though Robert Smith was so fast it might have been hard to tell

RippedmyFlesh
12-25-2009, 09:16 PM
he retired with a full tank
i just didnt understand why had like 1,500 yards his last year

Mr. Flopnuts
12-25-2009, 09:35 PM
he retired with a full tank
i just didnt understand why had like 1,500 yards his last year

He retired because he wanted to finish his doctorate and go into medicine. I assume it worked out really well for him considering I see him on some college football analysis show every week.