PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Think we'll set another record this year?

Ralphy Boy
12-25-2009, 10:01 PM
For futility that is. NFL record for dropped passes is 54 and we are at 46. We dropped 10 last week, chances are pretty good we have that many in the next 2 games.

link (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=303461)

chiefs1111
12-25-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't even want too think about it

milkman
12-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Sure.

What the hell, why not?

If we are going to suck, let's suck historically and own all the records for futility.

No half way shit here.

Bugeater
12-25-2009, 10:08 PM
From the 50, anything can happen.

-King-
12-25-2009, 10:11 PM
It's going to take a team effort to break that record, but I believe in these guys. They've perfected that craft over this season and I'm looking forward to it paying off in record form.

BWillie
12-25-2009, 10:12 PM
What's the average in the league. Just curious.

morphius
12-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Sure.

What the hell, why not?

If we are going to suck, let's suck historically and own all the records for futility.

No half way shit here.
Gives us something to root for. Of course as this point I'd be surprised if someone hasn't turned this into a drinking game.

milkman
12-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Gives us something to root for. Of course as this point I'd be surprised if someone hasn't turned this into a drinking game.

Somthing I've been wanting to know.

What ever happened to Miata Man?

You remember who I'm talking about, right?

morphius
12-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Somthing I've been wanting to know.

What ever happened to Miata Man?

You remember who I'm talking about, right?
I wish I knew, of course I can say that about a lot of folks.

Hydrae
12-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I thought wide receivers was supposed to be Haley's strong point.

Deberg_1990
12-25-2009, 10:44 PM
What's the record for futility over a 3 year span? We are sitting at 9 wins in 3 years...woohoo!
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
12-25-2009, 10:44 PM
If we set this record its just more proof Cassel sucks.

Easy 6
12-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Outside of Bowe & Chambers its all hangers-on & make-due guys... Bradley, Wade, Long, practice squad A, practice squad B... et al.

This looming, ****ing uncapped year... i hope its not totally true, they gotta leave some kind of loopholes for teams desperately trying to acquire talent... right?

No team where we are can dig out anytime soon with the draft alone, the 'Commish' is starting to look like a Nazi IMO... 'does your team suck? haha too ****ing bad this year', 'want a Christmas game? **** you... Premium Content, pal'.

GoHuge
12-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey don't sell these fuckers short! You see what they did with that NFL sack record last year? Knocked it outta the park. They've only got two games to do it, but don't have a failure of imagination with what these guys are capable of. They where only ten yards short from breaking the rushing record for a single game. Well Cleveland was.....but you know what I mean!
Posted via Mobile Device

Touchdown Bowe
12-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Least amount of sacks last year with a defensive minded coach..
Most drops this year with an offensive minded coach..

ohhhh the irony........

chiefbowe82
12-26-2009, 01:45 AM
From the 50, anything can happen.

The words I think you're looking for is. From the 50, anything is possible.

Nixhex
12-26-2009, 01:47 AM
If she's 50, prepare for anything? Well...........yeah.

cdcox
12-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Drops isn't exactly an official stat.

Even unofficially, it's only been tracked for a couple of years.

So if you are looking for an official confirmation that the Chiefs are hitorically bad, you'll need to look elsewhere.

KCChiefsMan
12-26-2009, 03:53 AM
Drops isn't exactly an official stat.

Even unofficially, it's only been tracked for a couple of years.

So if you are looking for an official confirmation that the Chiefs are hitorically bad, you'll need to look elsewhere.

you just need to watch a few game's is all

T-post Tom
12-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Cincinnati Bengals' Ochocinco plans touchdown celebration for fans against Kansas City Chiefs

December 25, 6:35

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco has another plan for a celebration if he finds the end zone against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

According to the Bengals' team site, Ochocinco plans on throwing a piņata filled with 2,000 dollar bills into the stands if he finds the end zone against the Chiefs as a Christmas gift to the fans. He pulled a similar act a few years ago when he threw footballs into the crowd from a Santa bag. The act would be another to add on the list of memorable touchdown celebrations he has performed throughout his career.

Throughout his career, Ochocinco he built a reputation as a player known for his creative touchdown celebrations. A few weeks ago, he was fined $30,000 for putting on a sombrero and poncho after scoring a touchdown against the Detroit Lions.

The 9-5 Bengals host their final home game of the regular season at Paul Brown Stadium against the 3-11 Kansas City Chiefs. With a win, Cincinnati would clinch their first AFC North title since 2005.

kstater
12-26-2009, 06:04 AM
No, I was told drops weren't a problem.

kstater
12-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Cincinnati Bengals' Ochocinco plans touchdown celebration for fans against Kansas City Chiefs

December 25, 6:35

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco has another plan for a celebration if he finds the end zone against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

According to the Bengals' team site, Ochocinco plans on throwing a piņata filled with 2,000 dollar bills into the stands if he finds the end zone against the Chiefs as a Christmas gift to the fans. He pulled a similar act a few years ago when he threw footballs into the crowd from a Santa bag. The act would be another to add on the list of memorable touchdown celebrations he has performed throughout his career.

Throughout his career, Ochocinco he built a reputation as a player known for his creative touchdown celebrations. A few weeks ago, he was fined $30,000 for putting on a sombrero and poncho after scoring a touchdown against the Detroit Lions.

The 9-5 Bengals host their final home game of the regular season at Paul Brown Stadium against the 3-11 Kansas City Chiefs. With a win, Cincinnati would clinch their first AFC North title since 2005.

Hopefully the fans realize there isn't such a thing as a $2000 bill.

Pioli Zombie
12-26-2009, 06:55 AM
If we set this record its just more proof Cassel sucks.
Yeah cuz Cassel knocks the ball out of their hands.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
12-26-2009, 07:20 AM
The defense needs to drop some balls

WhitiE
12-26-2009, 07:22 AM
im thinkin we do it. we gotta be #1 is something....

milkman
12-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah cuz Cassel knocks the ball out of their hands.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not on Cassel solely, but neither is it on the WRs.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the two worst teams in drops have Cassel, Quinn, and Derek Anderson, all of whom lack accuracy, at QB.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2009, 10:11 AM

I don't think it's a coincidence that the two worst teams in drops have Cassel, Quinn, and Derek Anderson, all of whom lack accuracy, at QB.

Its call the Scott Mitchell syndrome.......

I took a neg rep beating when I started the SM 2.0 thingy....

luv
12-26-2009, 10:23 AM

This. If Cassel would throw more catchable (or easily catchable) passes, and if the WR's would catch the passes that are good.....

Ralphy Boy
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I really do feel sorry for Cassel and thats not an excuse for his play, he has not been good lately.

Think about it though, this guy has taken a back seat forever. He's just a guy who likes playing football and was good enough to put himself thru college doing it at the best QB college in the nation, but had to back up two of the best QB's (Heisman winners) in college football. Then despite never starting a college game, gets drafted by a team to serve as a backup to the best QB in the NFL. He rides the bench collecting a nice paycheck, for little work, then he finally gets his shot. Brady goes down and Cassel comes in and looks like an all pro. A year ago, everyone loved him and he finally felt appreciated. Then he gets the franchise tag and everyone says "oh, if the Patriots think he's worth the tag, he must be great."

Next thing you know he ends up here and Pioli's dumb ass gives the kid a contract so big that it pops the blood vessels in his eyes and we call him our starter, but put him behind a crap line and make him throw to crap receivers, with a crap offensive coordinator and no QB coach.

Seriously, going from NE to here, you know he has to feel like this is the most dysfunctional place on the planet.

I really can't believe Pioli was stupid enough to pay him before the season began when we didn't need the cap relief.:shake: