PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are we going to suck forever?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Faith is running on fumes, and these guys have done nothing to convince me thus far that they have a clue and that better days are ahead. What positives we've seen so far seem to be the product of falling "ass over teakettle" in to happenstance.

Poll to follow.

Bowser
12-26-2009, 07:41 PM
"We're the Chiefs and good fortune is our birthright!"

LMAO

chiefbowe82
12-26-2009, 07:41 PM
We look at susie for a reason, don't look to hard it's football season

Dave Lane
12-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Seriously you must be 13 years old. You expect instant results. Not going to happen probably even next year. If by 2011 we don't see major improvement I'll be ready to lop off some heads.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Seriously you must be 13 years old. You expect instant results. Not going to happen probably even next year. If by 2011 we don't see major improvement I'll be ready to lop off some heads.

I'm probably older than you, and I "expect" nothing.

1ChiefsDan
12-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Faith is running on fumes, and these guys have done nothing to convince me thus far that they have a clue and that better days are ahead. What positives we've seen so far seem to be the product of falling "ass over teakettle" in to happenstance.

Poll to follow.I am pretty sure you will

RealSNR
12-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I voted "yes" because I interpret "forever" as ten or more years.

The way this team is run, there is no way we win that playoff game in the next ten years. Bad coaching only goes so far. This was an awfully shitty draft coupled with an awfully shitty collection of players and it's all because of this bullshit "right 53 players" balderdash.

Haley won't be around for long. Pioli will. He's Clark's hire. That means I think we can expect more of the fucking same in the next many years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I am pretty sure you will

Will what, assface?

gblowfish
12-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I was doing some thinking tonight, and looked up some stats comparing last year (the worst season in Chiefs history) and where we are now.

There's two games left in the season against Cincinnati and Denver, both on the road. We'll probably lose both. Let's just assume that for now.

Let's assume our end of year record will be 3-13. Last year under Herm Edwards in the first year of "youth based rebuilding" it was 2-14.

Let's assume the Chiefs will have won one more game, but still lost 10 more games than they won.

Let's compare stats from 2008 to where teams stand as of now in 2009:

Here's the numbers, 2008 first, 2009 second. There are 32 teams:

Offensive Stats:
NFL Offensive Ranking: 26th, 26th (no change)
Team Passing: 20th, 26th (6 worse)
Team Rushing: 16th, 22nd (6 worse)
Kick Returns: 9th, 2nd (7 better)
Kicking & Punting: 20th, 3rd (17 better)
Scoring: 26th, 26th (no change)

Defensive Stats:
NFL Defensive Effectiveness: 29th, 30th (1 worse)
Pass Defense: 30th, 19th (9 better)
Rush Defense: 30th, 31st (1 worse)
Kick Returns Against: 23rd, 31st (8 worse)
Most points given up: 7th, 7th (no change)

So, depending on how you want to interpret stats, you could say we won 50% more games. Or you could say we lose 82% of the time we take the field.

You can say we're no better in total offense and no better at scoring. This is under the guidance of a coach who is supposed to be talented offensive mind. We're worse in our defensive effectiveness - and only two other teams in the league are worse.

We're just as easy to score on this year as last year, compared to the rest of the teams in the league.

So....

Is this adequate progress for a rookie head coach? Were you expecting more?

Gonzo
12-26-2009, 09:08 PM
I really don't think it matters who the GM is, we are doomed to suck until either Clark opens his wallet or he sells the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
12-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Fuck you

RedThat
12-26-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't expect a team loaded with talent any time soon.

This ownership and management doesn't strike me as the aggressive, competitive type. Even though there will be some big names on the market, I don't anticipate the Chiefs making any effort to pay for high priced quality players. However, I can see them making a few signings here and there, but most likely they be tier 2 or tier 3 free agents. They'll be either middle of the pack guys or no name players. Thats the way they seem to operate according to my opinion. They'll take the cheap route as usual. As a fan, all you can do is sit back and hope they strike a bargain somewhere. In those case scenarios, the chances are pretty rare most of the time.

Hopefully, Pioli and company can draft well. Given the Chiefs draft history, considering they suck, I hope that changes because if it doesn't then this team is pretty much screwed. I think thats this teams only hope, the draft. Thats the only way I can see them slowly adding talent to their roster. I don't think they'll be good anytime soon, I realistically think it's going to take them a couple of really good drafts to turn the corner. They're gonna really need to score convincingly and with authority.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-26-2009, 11:41 PM
I voted "yes" because I interpret "forever" as ten or more years.

The way this team is run, there is no way we win that playoff game in the next ten years. Bad coaching only goes so far. This was an awfully shitty draft coupled with an awfully shitty collection of players and it's all because of this bullshit "right 53 players" balderdash.

Haley won't be around for long. Pioli will. He's Clark's hire. That means I think we can expect more of the fucking same in the next many years.

This ! His musical chairs theme is bullshit! He's already lost my vote by cutting Gonzo, Pollard and Bradley. He's an egotistical moron. Haley will never find 22 player off the street, in the draft or in Fa that will put up with his shit !

morphius
12-27-2009, 12:08 AM
This ! His musical chairs theme is bullshit! He's already lost my vote by cutting Gonzo, Pollard and Bradley. He's an egotistical moron. Haley will never find 22 player off the street, in the draft or in Fa that will put up with his shit !
...traded Gonzo...

Bowser
12-27-2009, 12:11 AM
...traded Gonzo...

Don't stop him. He's on a roll.