PDA

View Full Version : Football Anyone going to a Bowl game?

Saul Good
12-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm heading to NO to see the Sugar Bowl. It should be a good time. I've got a passing interest in Cincinnati, but I'm mostly going for the party. Anyone else going anywhere?

sportsman1
12-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Going to the Alamo Bowl. Playing Michigan State. Wreck 'em.

teedubya
12-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Demonpenz said he was going to the Cheeto's Smoke-a Bowl.

chiefsfan4life1978
12-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Going to the Fiesta Bowl. Go every year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm going to watch KU in the-

Never mind.

vailpass
12-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Orange bowl, leaving Saturday to visit friends in Ft. Myers before hitting Miami on Monday.
Hope it turns out better for my Hawks than the last time I went to the Orange and saw USC put a thrash on us.
Glad I'm not staying home or I'd probably have to go to the lame-ass Fiesta bowl.

FloridaMan88
12-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Going to the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando on Tuesday to see Miami-Wisconsin.

vailpass
12-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Going to the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando on Tuesday to see Miami-Wisconsin.

Cool, I would like to see that game. Where do they play that one?

patteeu
12-27-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm going to Houston to see Mizzou play Navy in the Texas Bowl.

FloridaMan88
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Cool, I would like to see that game. Where do they play that one?

Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium... which is a dump. They are about to renovate it.

bevischief
12-27-2009, 05:21 PM
The Toilet bowl

no wait that was last weekend Chief's game...

Saul Good
12-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm going to Houston to see Mizzou play Navy in the Texas Bowl.
You a Navy fan?

patteeu
12-28-2009, 06:35 AM
You a Navy fan?

No, I'm a Mizzou fan.

Chief Henry
12-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Orange bowl, leaving Saturday to visit friends in Ft. Myers before hitting Miami on Monday.
Hope it turns out better for my Hawks than the last time I went to the Orange and saw USC put a thrash on us.
Glad I'm not staying home or I'd probably have to go to the lame-ass Fiesta bowl.

I went to the Orange Bowl several years back when USC kicked the crap out of the Hawkeyes. It was a fun few days before the game.

I hear the Iowa Alumni assn. is holding a big bash at the "Clevelander" on
South Beach.

vailpass
12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
I went to the Orange Bowl several years back when USC kicked the crap out of the Hawkeyes. It was a fun few days before the game.

I hear the Iowa Alumni assn. is holding a big bash at the "Clevelander" on
South Beach.

You were at that game too huh? Yes it was a fun time; the tail gating was great. Even the opening kick off was great. Then not so much. Did you think the stadium was kind of a dump, set right in the middle of a bad neighborhood?

Thanks for the tip on the Clevelander.

Chief Henry
12-28-2009, 04:11 PM
You were at that game too huh? Yes it was a fun time; the tail gating was great. Even the opening kick off was great. Then not so much. Did you think the stadium was kind of a dump, set right in the middle of a bad neighborhood?

Thanks for the tip on the Clevelander.

I remember being bused to the game. I do recall that the homes in the are were not of the highest quality. I do recall saying to myself that I was dam glad I was raised in Iowa and not in that area.

I got CJ Jones and Brad Banks autographs at one of the functions we were
invited to.

The Iowa ALumni ASSN. had one hell of a New Years eve bash at OUR Hotel.
The band had a black female lead singer that was out of this world. She could really bring it. Every person received a bottle of champaigne and many
tables around us gave us they're bottles !!!!

vailpass
12-28-2009, 04:45 PM
I remember being bused to the game. I do recall that the homes in the are were not of the highest quality. I do recall saying to myself that I was dam glad I was raised in Iowa and not in that area.

I got CJ Jones and Brad Banks autographs at one of the functions we were
invited to.

The Iowa ALumni ASSN. had one hell of a New Years eve bash at OUR Hotel.
The band had a black female lead singer that was out of this world. She could really bring it. Every person received a bottle of champaigne and many
tables around us gave us they're bottles !!!!

Sounds like you had a great time. I remember going to dinner and giving my name as Nile Kinnick. When our table was ready and they announced our name the whole place stood up and cheered.

38yrsfan
12-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll be watching the Tidy Bowl here:

Saul Good
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
No, I'm a Mizzou fan.

Can't be. Mizzou fans don't travel. I've heard it all over this board.

patteeu
12-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Can't be. Mizzou fans don't travel. I've heard it all over this board.

Well, I didn't actually go to Mizzou so maybe that's why I didn't get the memo. :shrug:

On second thought, that can't be it because my sister is a Mizzou grad and she tells me she's going to be there too.

Saul Good
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, I didn't actually go to Mizzou so maybe that's why I didn't get the memo. :shrug:

On second thought, that can't be it because my sister is a Mizzou grad and she tells me she's going to be there too.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it's another case of KU fans not knowing anything about football.

patteeu
12-28-2009, 07:02 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd say it's another case of KU fans not knowing anything about football.

ROFL

TEX
12-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm going to the Texas Bowl. My office shares a fence with Reliant Stadium and the Astrodome, and we were given a limited supply of free tickets to the game on a first come first serve basis.

patteeu
12-29-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm going to the Texas Bowl. My office shares a fence with Reliant Stadium and the Astrodome, and we were given a limited supply of free tickets to the game on a first come first serve basis.

Hey, maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the guy in the black Mizzou shirt with a tiger on it!