PDA

View Full Version : Football Hope you all had a great Christmas

Mile High Mania
12-27-2009, 10:23 AM
I hope you all had a great time with family and friends... I'm knee deep in DS games and other things that require assembly for the kids. It's all good though.

As I was crunching numbers today to figure out how I can dominate the two teams I'm playing in my fantasy league title games, I ran across some numbers that I wanted to throw out there.

As the decade is about to end (1 game technically remaining before we hit 2010), I wanted to look at the franchise win totals in the 2000's compared to that of the 1990s.

Wins in the last decade (2000-2009)
Broncos = 93*
Chargers = 84
Chiefs = 69*
Raiders = 50*

*each has 1 game left (today)

Compare to the 90s (1990-1999)
Chiefs = 101
Broncos = 96
Raiders = 82
Chargers = 74

The Chargers are the only team with a net gain from the 90s while the Broncos have been fairly consistent in the post-Elway decade. They're just lacking the playoff success and division titles.

The Chiefs and Raiders have taken steps back, both with a net loss of 32 games comparatively. Hopefully, this next decade is more like the 90s in regards to the entire division being a lot better and more competitive.

Today, I need the Broncos to play like they have in their wins and not like they did against the Raiders and Redskins - it's a tall order, but they can do it.

If the Broncos can win... followed by the Patriots defeating the Jags, Colts defeating the Jets, Ravens defeating the Steelers and somehow the Texans defeating the Dolphins... the Broncos can secure their spot in the playoffs.

The only game that concerns me in that scenario (outside of Denver finding a way to win) is the Texans, I'm just not sure they can do it. But, we'll see.

Good luck today against the Bengals...

RNR
12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Hope you had a good one my friend and rival. Oh and thanks for kicking my beloved Raiders in the nuts again :cuss: :) (with the stats)

Bane
12-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah I'm still putting shit together,hanging lcd tvs on the kids walls,hanging shelves,and such.I'm almost gonna be glad to go back to work.
As far as the numbers go,it hasn't been a good run for the Chiefs lately,and I keep saying as bad as it is,it can only get better.Lets hope so anyway.Good luck to you and your teams as well.

Mile High Mania
12-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah, my two oldest (8 and 6) are getting the gifts that require lots of work and clean up now... it's crazy. But, they did each get a DS system and it's been amazing how calm and quiet they are when they are playing them. The trick now is to keep them from turning into gaming drones.

Bane
12-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I hear that,we got my boys the DSI's you know cause the DS's they got 2 years ago completely suck right now ROFL,but not really.My youngest got one of those damn WWE money in the bank wrestling rings.:cuss:Damn lil pieces all over the place.I got them 32 in lcds for their rooms so you know thay have to go on the wall now days or its just not cool dad....:D

DumbHillbillies
12-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I hope the eagles stomp the sh*t out of you guys and you don't make the playoffs. Which is very likely seeing as how you guys always fold like a bunch of little b*tches. Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year.

Mile High Mania
12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
I hear that,we got my boys the DSI's you know cause the DS's they got 2 years ago completely suck right now ROFL,but not really.My youngest got one of those damn WWE money in the bank wrestling rings:cuss:, damn lil pieces all over the place.I got them 32 in lcds for their rooms so you know thay have to go on the wall now days or its just not cool dad....:D

Ha - yeah, we didn't get the DSi units... just can't imagine my 8 an 6 year olds needing WiFi access. That is a bit too much for me. Regarding the little pieces, just think of Star Wars Legos... yeah, those things are cool, but there are tiny pieces of things all over the house and they blend in well with the carpet. You only find them if you're not wearing socks unfortunately though.

Mile High Mania
12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
I hope the eagles stomp the sh*t out of you guys and you don't make the playoffs. Which is very likely seeing as how you guys always fold like a bunch of little b*tches. Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year.

ROFL

Bane
12-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Ha - yeah, we didn't get the DSi units... just can't imagine my 8 an 6 year olds needing WiFi access. That is a bit too much for me. Regarding the little pieces, just think of Star Wars Legos... yeah, those things are cool, but there are tiny pieces of things all over the house and they blend in well with the carpet. You only find them if you're not wearing socks unfortunately though.

Yeah and the DSI's don't play the game boy games like the regular DS's do either.Actually I got them cause they have the cameras on them,and they thought that was pretty cool.The legos are always fun,till you drop it and it shatters.:cuss:Hell we got that wii resort and have been wearing it out,Im so out of shape!ROFL

Mile High Mania
12-27-2009, 12:52 PM
If the Broncos can win... followed by the Patriots defeating the Jags, Colts defeating the Jets, Ravens defeating the Steelers and somehow the Texans defeating the Dolphins... the Broncos can secure their spot in the playoffs.

The only game that concerns me in that scenario (outside of Denver finding a way to win) is the Texans, I'm just not sure they can do it. But, we'll see.

And, damn! Houston is up 24-0... but the Steelers are winning their game so far, but it's early. NE is winning and Indy should win. I hope the Broncos are mentally prepared for the challenge...

KcMizzou
12-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I hope the eagles stomp the sh*t out of you guys and you don't make the playoffs. Which is very likely seeing as how you guys always fold like a bunch of little b*tches. Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year.Heheh. This. Exactly this.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Fuck you.