PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Wallace Gillberry

Titty Meat
12-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Is pretty good rotation player 4 sacks this season seems to be an improved player. Another good find by Herm why can't Pioli find a guy like this?
Discuss.

LaChapelle
12-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Is He coming out in this years draft?

Bowser
12-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Because Pioli has been on the job less than a year, and he's trying to flush all the turds left over from Herm's tenure?

TinyEvel
12-27-2009, 04:07 PM
1) Mediocre players look good among crap.

2) Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then

thread over.

Titty Meat
12-27-2009, 04:08 PM
1) Mediocre players look good among crap.

2) Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then

thread over.

Nope its not that simple.

Pablo
He has the best name on the team.

ILChief
Is pretty good rotation player 4 sacks this season seems to be an improved player. Another good Herm find why can't Pioli find a guy like this?
Discuss.

Well, Gilberry didn't do shit last year. this is his 2nd year. Pioli's guys are all in their first year. So see next year if Pioli found any guys like that.

Also why is it "Herm" find but not a "Carl" find?

Bowser
Nope its not that simple.

With Herm, you better believe it's that simple.

TheGuardian
12-27-2009, 04:13 PM
People don't want to believe that Herm had a pretty good eye for finding players and drafting but it's pretty obvious he did. Sure he had some misses, but it doesn't change the fact that he was pretty good in that area. He just couldn't coach worth a damn.

ChiefsCountry
12-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Because Pioli has been on the job less than a year, and he's trying to flush all the turds left over from Herm's tenure?

Only good players we have on this team is from Herm. Pioli has brought in worst turds than Herm.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Gilberry's played well, but let's not forget that his role is largely to play as a 4-3 Tackle than a 3-4. He usually goes in on passing downs when his primary responsibility is to get after the QB.

Unfortunately, it's yet another warning sign that this team could have been good in a 4-3. But in a 3-4, he doesn't have much of a 2-down role.

RustShack
12-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Herms players sucked under Herm... maybe you should give Pioli's players time too fuck stick.

Bowser
12-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Only good players we have on this team is from Herm. Pioli has brought in worst turds than Herm.

While that is certainly debatable, the one thing I will hammer Pioli about is WTF are we tens of millions under the cap? I'm guessing that decree comes from Clark, but why?

ChiefsCountry
12-27-2009, 04:49 PM
While that is certainly debatable, the one thing I will hammer Pioli about is WTF are we tens of millions under the cap? I'm guessing that decree comes from Clark, but why?

Free agency is retarded I really don't know why people keep bitching about being under the cap.

Titty Meat
12-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Herms players sucked under Herm... maybe you should give Pioli's players time too **** stick.

Piolis players can't even beat out Herms players.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 07:15 PM
All of Pioli's players are 40 years old, they don't get time.

Titty Meat
12-27-2009, 07:15 PM
All of Pioli's players are 40 years old, they don't get time.

Or suck. See Donald Washington and whoever the else he drafted.

Titty Meat
12-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Gillberry whos a 3-4 D-end has more sacks than Vrabel.

DaneMcCloud
12-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, Gilberry didn't do shit last year. this is his 2nd year. Pioli's guys are all in their first year. So see next year if Pioli found any guys like that.

Also why is it "Herm" find but not a "Carl" find?

Hmmm.

He didn't do "shit", huh?

Well, he was signed off of the Giants practice squad in Week 12 and mostly played on special teams. He was an undrafted free agent so I'm not exactly sure what you expected from a UDFA signed to the roster so late, especially a rookie.

Furthermore, Herm & Kuharich were in charge of personnel decisions last year. It was out of Carl's hands.

I've been a fan of Gilberry's production all season long and have stated as much in numerous threads.

Demonpenz
12-27-2009, 08:22 PM
he is gilberry berry good better than tyson crapson

Micjones
12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Gilberry's been productive in limited time this season.
He's a good rotational guy who can help this team going forward.

RedThat
12-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Gilberry's been productive in limited time this season.
He's a good rotational guy who can help this team going forward.

Yeah I see him in that role. I also see Hali in a similar role as well. I must admit, even though this season has been atrocious as far as pass rush productivity is concerned, I think the Chiefs have guys that are capable of being good situational role players. Now I just think they need to get out there and search for football players that are "elite" pass rushers. The passrush needs work no question. They need at least 2 guys that can get to the quarterback.

RedThat
12-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll even throw in Studebaker, Vrabel as guys that can provide good depth or can serve as effective role players.

chuxtrux
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
People don't want to believe that Herm had a pretty good eye for finding players and drafting but it's pretty obvious he did. Sure he had some misses, but it doesn't change the fact that he was pretty good in that area. He just couldn't coach worth a damn.

I think Herm had a good eye for talent at finding guys in the secondary. I don't know if overall I would grade him at above average.

DaneMcCloud
12-28-2009, 01:27 AM
I'll even throw in Studebaker, Vrabel as guys that can provide good depth or can serve as effective role players.

Fuck Vrabel.

He sucks ass and doesn't deserve to be on the field for a 3-12 team.

DaneMcCloud
12-28-2009, 01:28 AM
I think Herm had a good eye for talent at finding guys in the secondary. I don't know if overall I would grade him at above average.

Yeah, Dorsey, Albert, Charles and Cottam all suck

Titty Meat
12-28-2009, 01:31 AM

Cottam does

Ralphy Boy
12-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Cottam does

I think young Cottam was actually starting to figure this thing out before he got injured. Can't really blame the kid for not getting much of an opportunity last year between the QB issues and playing behind TG.

TheGuardian
12-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Cottam does

He does? He's been given a fair shot? Because I don't think he has, and I'll bet right now that he's the starting tight end next season.

MahiMike
12-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah, this guy could be a bright spot. I've noticed him a lot lately.

Dave Lane
12-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Piolis players can't even beat out Herms players.

So the 35 Hermites that are gone and watching the games on TV were All Pros. Jeez I forgot how awesome Herm was.

Coach
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Cottam does

I disagree. Cottam was getting it. Problem is that he is consistently injured. That was the knock on him when he was in Tennessee.

Micjones
12-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah I see him in that role. I also see Hali in a similar role as well. I must admit, even though this season has been atrocious as far as pass rush productivity is concerned, I think the Chiefs have guys that are capable of being good situational role players. Now I just think they need to get out there and search for football players that are "elite" pass rushers. The passrush needs work no question. They need at least 2 guys that can get to the quarterback.

Agreed. We definitely need more elite pass-rushers.
That might've helped this team avoid so many big pass plays this year.

Titty Meat
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
So the 35 Hermites that are gone and watching the games on TV were All Pros. Jeez I forgot how awesome Herm was.

I never said Herm was awesome but Gillberry has more sacks than Vrabel & Jackson both are starters.

Besides Succop the only players contributing to this team are Herm players.

chuxtrux
12-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Yeah, because Dorsey and Albert were diamonds in the rough. We'll see about Charles over the long run. Cottam is a superstar, right?

DaneMcCloud
12-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, because Dorsey and Albert were diamonds in the rough. We'll see about Charles over the long run. Cottam is a superstar, right?

What the fuck are you blabbing about?

TheGuardian
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM

Isn't Cottam just a second year player? Sometimes a guy has to be given a chance and when he has he's made the most of it this year. I expect Cottam to be the starting tight end next season.

DaneMcCloud
12-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Isn't Cottam just a second year player? Sometimes a guy has to be given a chance and when he has he's made the most of it this year. I expect Cottam to be the starting tight end next season.

Cottam should have been the starter going into this season.

I don't understand why they're messing around with Sean Ryan and O'Connell.

Neither are part of the solution at tight end.

Titty Meat
12-28-2009, 03:12 PM

It's the only way Brad Cottam plays to week 15 without being injured. Look he had 1 good game vs Cleveland but he's in the Brodie Croyle boat.

Ralphy Boy
12-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Please don't tell us that you are beginning to look for sense where there is none.