PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal Charles is infact an every down back

Wyndex
12-27-2009, 04:46 PM
He reminds me of Priest Holmes prior to his hip injury with his explosiveness. He has the ability to make a big play every time he touches the ball. Has proven that he has more power than what people give him credit for. Amazingly fast. Appears to be pretty damn durable so far. Beef up the offensive line in front of him and just watch him tear shit up week in week out

Mecca
12-27-2009, 04:47 PM
I still don't think Charles could make it through a full season carrying it 20 times a game...he gets nicked up now.

Bowser
12-27-2009, 04:47 PM
He is way faster in the open field than Priest ever was.

But let's give him a season of starts before we annoint him the next Priest Holmes.

RustShack
12-27-2009, 04:48 PM
He is an every down back.. for a year or two.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2009, 04:49 PM
maybe ... but i still want him sharing the load with a banger type.

Jerm
I'd still take CJ Spiller if possible...love Charles though.

If he could eliminate the fumbles it would be even better.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
He is good player on a shi$%y team, he is best used as a change of pace player all over the field.

Bowser
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM

We need to clone the 2000 version of Tony Richardson.

bevischief
12-27-2009, 04:52 PM

That would work too.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2009, 04:55 PM
well ... yea, if we could find a fullback that can block well and do a decent job carrying the rock 10/12 times a game.

el borracho
12-27-2009, 04:59 PM
If we give Charles 20 carries a game he will be broken in three years. If we fail to add any offensive playmakers around him, then he will be broken in two years.

Easy 6
12-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Absolutely... if guys like Johnson, Faulk, Westbrook, Barber, Garner etc. can be true feature players, so can Jamaal.

His recent workload is a bit worrisome though, 24, 25, 26 carries week in/week out is too much IMO. Once in awhile that'd be fine, but otherwise i'd rather see him average 20 carries & 5-10 passes a week.

A banger back is a must, you dont enter a Porsche in the Crashup Derby.

KcMizzou
12-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Absolutely... if guys like Johnson, Faulk, Westbrook, Barber, Garner etc. can be true feature players, so can Jamaal.

His recent workload is a bit worrisome though, 24, 25, 26 carries week in/week out is too much IMO. Once in awhile that'd be fine, but otherwise i'd rather see him average 20 carries & 5-10 passes a week.

A banger back is a must, you dont enter a Porsche in the Crashup Derby.Perfect analogy. I agree.

I love this kid. Lets not kill him just yet.

Hoover
12-27-2009, 05:13 PM
While this season has been a lost cause, props to Haley for figuering out what we have in him

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
While this season has been a lost cause, props to Haley for figuering out what we have in him

You mean, props to LJ.

Because had LJ not gone public calling his coach a golfer, and a member of the media a gay slur, then Charles would still be riding the pine.

KcMizzou
12-27-2009, 05:17 PM
You mean, props to LJ.

Because had LJ not gone public calling his coach a golfer, and a member of the media a gay slur, then Charles would still be riding the pine.That's true... and Fuck'n irritating.

Saul Good
12-27-2009, 05:31 PM
If we give Charles 20 carries a game he will be broken in three years.

I can live with 4 good years from a RB. Very few backs can carry the ball 320 times for more than a couple of years.

If we fail to add any offensive playmakers around him, then he will be broken in two years.

Why would this break him down faster?

GoHuge
12-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I can live with 4 good years from a RB. Very few backs can carry the ball 320 times for more than a couple of years.

I'm assuming he was referring to the higher workload for Charles if he is the best option A, B, and C. I know this sounds like a brutal thing to say, but I think we've seen it in (LJ) that a RB is only good for the four or five year rookie contract. Get what you can while the getting is good and then find another one. Unfortunately with Charles where putting miles on him when we suck. By the time this team is possibly good enough to be contending for anything he might be just about used up.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcfanXIII
12-27-2009, 06:07 PM
i think charles is going to be a play maker, but i want a stronger type back to compliment him. its how almost all teams are doing things these days. plus, part of why he seems so fast is he was pretty fresh, as he didn't get a whole lot of touches early on. he seems to have gotten a handle on holding on to the ball, which is a good thing.

kcxiv
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
meh, Tiki Barber did it for years. Even though they had another back to spell him. Hell, every team has a 2nd back. He was the workhorse of the Giants who were a running team.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 06:24 PM
meh, Tiki Barber did it for years. Even though they had another back to spell him. Hell, every team has a 2nd back. He was the workhorse of the Giants who were a running team.

We definitely need a #2 back.

I'm just in COMPLETE disagreement that you use a top 5 pick to get that replacement on a team starving for playmakers at other positions. The Chiefs need a back to take a few carries from Charles and COMPLEMENT him. They don't need a back to take away his job. For as awesome as we think it would be to have two playmakers, how many teams like to use a lightning-lightning option instead of thunder-lightning.

Thig Lyfe
12-27-2009, 06:26 PM
There's no doubt in my mind he's a #1 back. That doesn't mean we don't need a #2 who can take a sizable chunk of carries every game without much of a dropoff.

Demonpenz
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM
he's going to come in camp slower next year and people were going to wonder why he lost a step, then take a look how he got the fuck beat out of him this yar

TRR
12-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Only Chiefs fans would look at a back like Charles, and say idiotic things like what has been said in this thread...

It's true, Charles needs another RB to help him in short yardage. That's the end of the story.

Charles has featured back written all over him. The same idiot posters saying he can't handle the load, were the ones saying he could carry the load early in the year.

I know the glass is half empty for some of you...but stop and enjoy a possible top 5-10 RB when you see one. Charles is that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Noss
12-27-2009, 06:46 PM
I respect Charles when he said and delivered on a statement that he was going to take LJ's job.

The Chiefs now have a running back that can be respected on and off the field.

Pioli Zombie
12-27-2009, 06:49 PM
He's an infact player!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dottefan
12-27-2009, 06:53 PM

This.

KcMizzou
12-27-2009, 06:53 PM
He's an infact player!!!!!
Posted via Mobile DeviceYes, he is, in fact, a player.

Hoover
12-27-2009, 06:59 PM
You mean, props to LJ.

Because had LJ not gone public calling his coach a golfer, and a member of the media a gay slur, then Charles would still be riding the pine.
Nope. Haley called the plays and developed the game plan. So while we have a ways to got to be a winning team, he deserves some credit here. Like it or not.

joemama
12-27-2009, 07:00 PM
He makes the o-line look like Shields and Roaf are still on the field.

Extra Point
12-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Nope. Haley called the plays and developed the game plan. So while we have a ways to got to be a winning team, he deserves some credit here. Like it or not.

Notice that Cassel audibled a decent 13 yard gain for Charles today? That was cool to see.

Bob Dole
12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
i think charles is going to be a play maker, but i want a stronger type back to compliment him. its how almost all teams are doing things these days. plus, part of why he seems so fast is he was pretty fresh, as he didn't get a whole lot of touches early on.

Well, that and the fact that he's a world class sprinter...

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Only Chiefs fans would look at a back like Charles, and say idiotic things like what has been said in this thread...

It's true, Charles needs another RB to help him in short yardage. That's the end of the story.

Charles has featured back written all over him. The same idiot posters saying he can't handle the load, were the ones saying he could carry the load early in the year.

He's already fucked up his shoulder, and often it gets dislocated during the game. For a full season he can't carry the load unless you want too see him broken down. Charles has talent, but his body can't handle the punishment.

penchief
12-27-2009, 07:19 PM
He reminds me of Priest Holmes prior to his hip injury with his explosiveness. He has the ability to make a big play every time he touches the ball. Has proven that he has more power than what people give him credit for. Amazingly fast. Appears to be pretty damn durable so far. Beef up the offensive line in front of him and just watch him tear shit up week in week out

Priest was crafty but not explosive. He was the master of the 9-yard run.

TheGuardian
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
He's already ****ed up his shoulder, and often it gets dislocated during the game. For a full season he can't carry the load unless you want too see him broken down. Charles has talent, but his body can't handle the punishment.

I don't buy this at all. How is Chris Johnson doing?

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2009, 07:22 PM

structurally speaking some players joints are built better than others. Charles seem like he has loose joints.

tk13
12-27-2009, 07:22 PM
His breakaway speed is better, but lots of guys had better breakaway speed. There are few RB's who had the acceleration and explosiveness Priest had within the first 10 yards.

Bob Dole
12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
He's already ****ed up his shoulder, and often it gets dislocated during the game. For a full season he can't carry the load unless you want too see him broken down. Charles has talent, but his body can't handle the punishment.

His shoulder has been doing that since high school...

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
His shoulder has been doing that since high school...

like I said loose joints, he doesn't have the body to withstand the punishment.

RustShack
12-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Great now, probably not in a few more years though.

Marcellus
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I still don't think Charles could make it through a full season carrying it 20 times a game...he gets nicked up now.

Yea they thought that too about Chris Johnson earlier in the season. You are a genius.

-King-
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
If we can get a line in front of him, man, he'll be a top 5 back for sure. But yeah, we need a guy that can get 10 touches a game. I wish Dallas would try to move Tashard Choice. He's a very good back, but he's stuck behind Barber and Jones.

Marcellus
12-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Great now, probably not in a few more years though.

Who gives a shit. You think STL wish they had taken it easier on Marshall Faulk?

Demonpenz
12-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Priest was crafty but not explosive. He was the master of the 9-yard run.

go download gochiefs highlight film of priest, you will be surprise of his explosiveness

Marcellus
12-27-2009, 08:22 PM
go download gochiefs highlight film of priest, you will be surprise of his explosiveness

Dude could kick it into second and 3rd gear very well.Hit a hole find a seam and them boom, hit the burst. Just like Marshall Faulk.

RustShack
12-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Who gives a shit. You think STL wish they had taken it easier on Marshall Faulk?

? Whats that have to do with the fact that RB's are only play like this for a few years now?

Marcellus
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
? Whats that have to do with the fact that RB's are only play like this for a few years now?

It has to do with play his ass off while you have him. He has 4-5 good years in him, use it.

RustShack
12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
It has to do with play his ass off while you have him. He has 4-5 good years in him, use it.

I didn't say not to..

Marcellus
12-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I didn't say not to..

No problem. Your comment about Johnson in a few years made it sound that way.:D

TheGuardian
12-27-2009, 08:47 PM
structurally speaking some players joints are built better than others. Charles seem like he has loose joints.

Loose joints?????

Fact is Charles hasn't missed any time.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Do people realize that Jamaal Charles is a professional athlete? What's up with all the girls in this thread saying things like "his body can't handle it" and "he's going to break down"? You sound like my mom. He's a professional athlete. His job is to carry a football, and sometimes when he carries the football he will get tackled by other professional athletes. It's okay. He'll survive.

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Loose joints?????

Fact is Charles hasn't missed any time.

Yeah, individuals with loose joints are more prone to dislocating certain problem areas due to their body structure/genetics, and more prone to acl/mcl tears too.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
like I said loose joints, he doesn't have the body to withstand the punishment.

And yet you support a QB who has missed a lot more time withstanding a lot less punishment?

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2009, 10:31 PM
And yet you support a QB who has missed a lot more time withstanding a lot less punishment?

Nice Red Herring

Wyndex
12-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Priest was very explosive from the backfield. One thing I saw during the game today is that since week 10 JC is the 2nd leading rusher behind Chris Johnson

Mark my words, JC will be our feature back for years to come and will consistently put up great numbers.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 10:52 PM
"Years to come" is pushing it, if they keep giving him the ball 25 times a game years is gonna be 3.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 11:06 PM
"Years to come" is pushing it, if they keep giving him the ball 25 times a game years is gonna be 3.

You don't have to give him 25.

Give him a lower round Lendale and you can limit him to below 20 a game, which is on par with what he's done in college and should do in the pros. He can stay plenty healthy with that workload. And all you need is a big power back, which is something the Chiefs need anyway.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:08 PM
It doesn't even have to be a big guy, but as deep as the RB position is every year it shouldn't be hard to go 3 deep at that position.

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2009, 11:09 PM
It doesn't even have to be a big guy, but as deep as the RB position is every year it shouldn't be hard to go 3 deep at that position.

Well, you'd think that.

Then we go and draft someone like Javarris Williams.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Well, you'd think that.

Well our front office is stupid but then I realize...NE kind of sucks at RB too. Come to think of it for the most part they have completely sucked at drafting skill position players.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 11:11 PM

I don't care if it's necessarily a big guy. I just don't agree with using marquee picks to do it. The Chiefs need a goal line/short yardage back. Regardless of whether you want Charles alone or a Charles/Spiller platoon. Between Charles and a goal line back and probably a few QB runs, that's good for about 25 runs.

Just saying, if all we need is a guy to shoulder 5-10 carries, we dont' need to use a top 5 pick.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I only pimp CJ Spiller because he's truly special, I think you make exceptions in a rare case.

suds79
12-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Well, you'd think that.

Wasn't he like a 7th rounder or something like that?

So maybe that one was not a hit but the idea is right.

You can find RBs in the mid to late rounds.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:15 PM
They drafted a RB in the 7th round that carried it something like 350 times a year for 4 years...why would you do that?

OnTheWarpath15
12-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Wasn't he like a 7th rounder or something like that?

So maybe that one was not a hit but the idea is right.

You can find RBs in the mid to late rounds.

Oh, I agree.

I just think it was stupid to waste a pick on a guy that had basically been abused in college.

People need to get out of this mindset that late round picks are just throwaways - they're not. We threw away 3 picks on Williams and O'Connell.

Stupid.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:18 PM
If the Chiefs had valued their late round picks over the past couple of years our LB's wouldn't completely suck.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I only pimp CJ Spiller because he's truly special, I think you make exceptions in a rare case.

I'm sure he is. I actually do trust your draft advice.

But I also think Charles has proven to be a special back too. And no matter what way people massage it, they are essentially the same back. The main exception is that Spiller can split out wide.

I know you usually don't pass on playmakers. But I also don't think you replace a proven playmaker for another playmaker, when you have a team starving for talent everywhere else.

suds79
12-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Oh, I agree.

I just think it was stupid to waste a pick on a guy that had basically been abused in college.

People need to get out of this mindset that late round picks are just throwaways - they're not. We threw away 3 picks on Williams and O'Connell.

Stupid.

agreed

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't be replacing Charles, I'd be giving teams different looks and essentially taking the ball out of our shitty QB's hands.

Actually I might consider bringing in another RB too. Charles and Spiller don't run the same at all either, and Spiller is a dynamic returner which we don't have.

Chiefaholic
12-27-2009, 11:41 PM
The team has too many needs at multiple other positions where our current starters wouldn't even make other clubs as a back-up. There's multiple options available on the FA market every year who are more than capable of spelling JC for 8-10 carries a game. More pressing needs are at SS, FS, both ILB positions, OLB opposite Hali, NT, C, RT, RG,LG, and QB..... I look at this list and just laugh at how bad this team actually SUCKS. The Chiefs can draft BPA available at every draft slot and still fill a position of need.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
More than anything this team needs playmakers, special players. Without them we're just going to build into a team that can't win big games.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't be replacing Charles, I'd be giving teams different looks and essentially taking the ball out of our shitty QB's hands.

Actually I might consider bringing in another RB too. Charles and Spiller don't run the same at all either, and Spiller is a dynamic returner which we don't have.

I don't think there are as many unique looks as we might suggest. I've seen few teams run split-back formations consistently with two speed backs. You'd have to rely on more of a gimmick to make it happen. I think the better way to give a different look is to have an effective speed and power back. Because the defense requires two totally different personnel. If the defense has speed guys in there, you plow them with your power back and vice versa.

I'd love to have Spiller if I felt like we were a few pieces away. Right now, it feels like adding Spiller is no better than adding a 2-down player. Maybe less.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2009, 11:50 PM

And yes, at this rate, if our strategy is to take the ball out of our QB's hands because our QB continues to play like this, then it's not going to matter who's running the ball. We're not going anywhere.

Chiefaholic
12-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately we only have one first round pick... We can't draft Berry and Spiller unless Pioli does some serious trading up in the draft.

FloridaMan88
12-27-2009, 11:51 PM
If the Chiefs had valued their late round picks over the past couple of years our LB's wouldn't completely suck.

You could argue the Chiefs high round draft picks haven't been valued and have essentially been throwaway picks as well.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:52 PM
And yes, at this rate, if our strategy is to take the ball out of our QB's hands because our QB continues to play like this, then it's not going to matter who's running the ball. We're not going anywhere.

That's what we're stuck with but honestly Spiller is the best offensive playmaker in this draft.

Mecca
12-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately we only have one first round pick... We can't draft Berry and Spiller unless Pioli does some serious trading up in the draft.

I know I'm just saying when people act like it's Berry or bust it's not there are some options here.

kcfanXIII
12-28-2009, 12:03 AM
I know I'm just saying when people act like it's Berry or bust it's not there are some options here.

options? i thought the chiefs had to go oline....

Mecca
12-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Yea if we take Russ Okung in front of CJ Spiller I'm going to stop giving a shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Every pick is important. Some are more important than others, but the only teams who act like late picks don't matter are the ones who can't do it for shit.

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Yea if we take Russ Okung in front of CJ Spiller I'm going to stop giving a shit.

Don't forget Cody

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2009, 12:11 AM

If Berry isn't there, I don't see anybody on the board that's more valuable than a trade down unless Clausen grades well. I wouldn't have a problem with either. I would rather trade out of the pick for Spiller and if I'm going to have a playmaker, I'd much rather have it be a reach for an every-down guy like McClain or Haden. Maybe Taylor Mays (again, depending on draft grade).

Ideally, if no Berry or Clausen, maybe Suh carries enough trade value to trade out of the pick. With no CBA, the trade value for a marquee prospect like that might be a lot higher than usual.

Mecca
12-28-2009, 12:12 AM
The Chiefs missed Wesley Woodyard, Brandon Siler and Dannell Ellerbee to take scrubs..

Funny how Siler starts for a good San Diego defense when Hamas and I screamed for him and were told "who cares it's just a 7th round pick"

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2009, 12:12 AM

mecca, where do you think Dan Williams grades. Is he someone to look at in the 2nd round? Or is there another NT we should be looking at first?

Mecca
12-28-2009, 12:13 AM
I'd love to know why Rolando McClain is so highly regarded.

DeezNutz
12-28-2009, 12:15 AM
If Berry isn't there, I don't see anybody on the board that's more valuable than a trade down unless Clausen grades well. I wouldn't have a problem with either. I would rather trade out of the pick for Spiller and if I'm going to have a playmaker, I'd much rather have it be a reach for an every-down guy like McClain or Haden. Maybe Taylor Mays (again, depending on draft grade).

Ideally, if no Berry or Clausen, maybe Suh carries enough trade value to trade out of the pick. With no CBA, the trade value for a marquee prospect like that might be a lot higher than usual.

No one is trading up b/c of the $$$.

If there's no one worth taking, and you're the Chiefs who need everyfuckingthing, who in the world is trading up and why?

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2009, 12:15 AM
I'd love to know why Rolando McClain is so highly regarded.

Don't know anything about him. Just basing it off what people tell me.

Mecca
12-28-2009, 12:18 AM
I've seen Alabama play a shit ton of times, he's a good player and everything but I don't see him standing out like he's being talked about. Plus he plays behind a huge line and basically always runs free.

As far as Williams he'll probably be overvalued due to all the 3-4 teams.

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2009, 12:22 AM
No one is trading up b/c of the $$$.

If there's no one worth taking, and you're the Chiefs who need every****ingthing, who in the world is trading up and why?

1. In an uncapped year, nobody cares about $$'s like they used to
2. With no CBA agreement, no marquee free agents are out there, so the draft is your best way of getting a marquee player
3. If we pick in front of Tampa Bay, there's no way he falls passed the Bucs.
4. The talent gap between Suh and the next best is pretty significant

Trade-downs rarely happen. But I still wonder if this is a year when it's more likely to happen.

Mecca
12-28-2009, 12:26 AM
It's probably less likely, teams will realize a lockout followed by new CBA likely means rookie slotting.

I wouldn't want to be the last team that had to pay a rookie 70 million dollars.

Chiefaholic
12-28-2009, 12:55 AM
We have so many positions of need it's not even funny. Taking BPA in damn near every pick will likely net 5-6 opening day starters in draft picks alone. Pioli's hand picked scouts have an entire season to evaluate talent to fit the scheme were running. THIS is the draft class that will determine who was the head behind building the Patriot franchise. If I were making decisions in the draft room, it would go something like this...

1. Berry (SS)
2. McClain or Spikes (ILB)
2. Damian Williams (WR)
3. Josh McNeil (C)
4. Reshad Jones (FS)
5. Vladimir Ducasse (OG)
5. Rashawn Jackson (FB)
5. Pat Angerer (IBL)

Mecca
12-28-2009, 01:04 AM
That'd be awesome if you wouldn't list guys who are going in the 1st round as our 2nd round picks.

Titty Meat
12-28-2009, 01:06 AM
I see this board still loves average linebackers. Lets draft McClain instead of getting a guy like Dillard who will be just as good in the 3-4 in the 4th round. These are the same idiots who think Curry was a better prospect than Maulaga.

Chiefaholic
12-28-2009, 01:15 AM
That'd be awesome if you wouldn't list guys who are going in the 1st round as our 2nd round picks.

I'm hoping one of the two fall to the top of the 2nd round. Every year there's always that guy who was supposed to be a mid 1st rounder that falls out of the 1st. Drew Breese being the perfect example of a franchise player dropping out of the 1st.

Chiefaholic
12-28-2009, 01:17 AM
I see this board still loves average linebackers. Lets draft McClain instead of getting a guy like Dillard who will be just as good in the 3-4 in the 4th round. These are the same idiots who think Curry was a better prospect than Maulaga.

Oh Yeah... just another STFU since I haven't told you in a while.

blazzin311
12-28-2009, 03:09 AM

A banger back is a must, you dont enter a Porsche in the Crashup Derby.

You know I was going to reply to a few of the comments in this thread right here, but you just summed up everything I was thinking with your above post Scott. Good Job. :clap: Rep!

Titty Meat
12-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Johnson?

Barber splits carries and is taller and bigger than Charles

lol @ comparing Charles to Faulk

Garner split carries too.

Philadelphia doesn't have a big back, New Orlenas doesn't have a big back, San Diego doesn't have a big back. All these teams fill in the blank.

A Banger isn't a must a RB who has the nose for a goal line is and Spiller scored atleast 1 tocuhdown in every game this season.

Pioli Zombie
12-28-2009, 06:07 AM
He is Jesus,come to earth in flesh.
Posted via Mobile Device

penchief
12-28-2009, 08:41 AM

What you are calling explosiveness I'm calling quick to the hole. But his specialty was reading blocks, making quick decisions, and picking his way through traffic. Excellent running back skills except for the explosiveness part. If he had been truly explosive he'd been one of the greatest backs ever.

Chiefnj2
12-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Doesn't Charles have a chronic shoulder issue that has caused problems since college? If so, it's only a matter of time before it catches up with him and he misses significant time.

el borracho
12-28-2009, 10:42 AM

I'm thinking that, if Charles is the only offensive threat, teams will key on him and try to punish him. Get rid of the opponents best player: not very sportsmanlike, but a sound strategy and, I think, pretty common in the NFL.

MOhillbilly
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I see more flashes of Allen from Charles than Priest.