PDA

View Full Version : Football Outside the lines video on the EA Sports, Sam Keller lawsuit

Lzen
12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4773828

Kind of interesting. I hate EA sports and their BS exclusive rights just as much as the next guy. But I think this is a BS lawsuit and this kind of thing is part of what is wrong with this country.

soopamanluva
12-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Hope he wins

Lzen
12-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Hope he wins

Why, if I may ask, do you feel this way?

Bane
12-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Sam Keller is a fukkn douche bag IMO. I mean he says its not about him,but I bet if he were the QB of a NFL team and earning millions of dollars a year he wouldn't have a problem with it.He'd probably say thats just how the system works. I wish someone would go into the bar he works at and beat the fukk out of him.nlm The comments on that message board were great!

MMXcalibur
12-29-2009, 11:23 AM
I can't see the video clip.....synopsis?

Sully
12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Some lawyer in AZ talked Sam Keller into suing EA Sports and the NCAA for using players in their games that are too much like the real players.

All they showed, as far as the NCAA rule, though, is that it specifically says their names and pictures can't be used.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
What a joke. This is just a freaking bunch of idiots looking to get rich on something that has gone on for the last 14 years in video games dating back to NBA Live when you could unlock players by typing in their names.

Bane
12-29-2009, 11:29 AM
What a joke. This is just a freaking bunch of idiots looking to get rich on something that has gone on for the last 14 years in video games dating back to NBA Live when you could unlock players by typing in their names.

If anything it helps the players by getting their names and likeness out there for people to see.Everybody thinks someone owes them something now days.:shake:

Sam Hall
I have a hard time siding with Sam Keller for a couple reasons. My main issue is that those guys get their education paid for. I don't think they can complain.

Sully
Thing is...
It's funny that he says he's doing this for everyone, not just him.

But I would imagine it is a huge deal to 99% of college football players to pick up a game and play as yourself. How fun would that be?
Hell...just look at created teams this year...how many high school guys created their own team just so they and their buddies could play as themselves ont he video game.

Demonpenz
12-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I could slit Sam Kellers throat and go eat an ice cream cone and not give 2 shits what I just did

Bane
12-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I could slit Sam Kellers throat and go eat an ice cream cone and not give 2 shits what I just did

Well he couldn't cut it as a Raider and you see who their franchise QB was going into this year.He might actually be better than Ja Porkchop so I bet that has to be killing him.ROFL
Fukk him!:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

BigChiefFan
12-29-2009, 12:05 PM
They haven't violated the NCAA rules or the NCAA wouldn't have signed a 6 year deal with them. More fucking greed for those that have nothing better to do. Hope this case gets thrown out on it's ass. Try working for a living, stooge. Fucking money-grubbers looking for a hand-out.

Reaper16
12-29-2009, 12:15 PM
NCAA is a racket anyway. It has to be one of the most immoral organizations in the country. Billions of dollars are made off of the labor of kids who won't see a nickle for their work.

Titty Meat
12-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Sam Keller.... Now theres a QB who sucked

soopamanluva
12-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Why, if I may ask, do you feel this way?

My mistake I couldn't watch the video. I thought this was the anti trust lawsuit against ea... I can't stand EA since that exclusive rights bs. I could care less what this guy is talking about.

Extra Point
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
NCAA is a racket anyway. It has to be one of the most immoral organizations in the country. Billions of dollars are made off of the labor of kids who won't see a nickle for their work.

THIS

Lzen
12-29-2009, 02:29 PM
My mistake I couldn't watch the video. I thought this was the anti trust lawsuit against ea... I can't stand EA since that exclusive rights bs. I could care less what this guy is talking about.

I agree with you on the exclusive rights stuff. NFL2K5 was great. Wish they could still make an NFL game.

Lzen
12-29-2009, 02:30 PM

I'm quite certain that those kids' education is worth way more than a nickel.

Mecca
12-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I read a story about this awhile back, basically the only kids that are upset about it are the ones that know they'll never play in the NFL, it's all about the money.

Bane
12-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I read a story about this awhile back, basically the only kids that are upset about it are the ones that know they'll never play in the NFL, it's all about the money.

I was gonna say,why the fukk aren't the other 1500 NFL players currently earning a pay check joining in on the "class action" suit.

Lzen
12-29-2009, 04:15 PM

Well, duh.

Buehler445
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Sam Keller.... Now theres a QB who sucked

I will not argue this.

When I was in NE, the announcers on the radio (give me a break, it was Sidney, there wasn't shit else to do) could do is say how good he was and that the mistakes (particularly the sacks) were an anomaly. Then Ganz comes in and makes plays. God forbid we don't stand tall in the pocket.

Goddamn Callahan was a toolbox.

Bearcat
12-29-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm a little torn on that point... they get a helluva lot for playing a game. An education, all expenses paid when they travel, personal tutors...

OTOH, while the NCAA will go so far in making sure we all know they're student athletes, it is only about the money to the NCAA, and all those Sports Management and Social Science majors couldn't care less about their education. We'll paint a pretty picture for you and tell you that it's all about the great education, while ignoring your son's 70 IQ and 5th grade reading level because well, he can run really fast and catch a football.

kcxiv
12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
This was going to eventually happen. EA is going through a few lawsuits right now lol

Sam Hall
12-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Sam Keller is an example of why you shouldn't get caught up in the hype before the season. NU fans were led to believe he would be a gunslinger. I don't remember him throwing too many deep passes and his throwing motion was more than a little strange.

Bane
12-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Sam Keller is an example of why you shouldn't get caught up in the hype before the season. NU fans were led to believe he would be a gunslinger. I don't remember him throwing too many deep passes and his throwing motion was more than a little strange.

Exactly.He thought he was the next great thing,couldn't make the cut and now wants comp cause of his failure.Classic.