PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Eric Berry = Aaron Curry

DumbHillbillies
12-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Same as last year, everyone is going to get all excited. It has to be the pick. Then draft day, fcking tyson jackson except this year it will be derrick morgan. Deal with it !

DeezNutz
12-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I was super pissed when we passed on Curry last year, but I trust the process.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Derrick Morgan is a 4-3 end.

ArrowheadMagic
12-29-2009, 10:30 PM

This..... cant have a football jesus every year.... jesus blew his load last year. Jesus Jones the WR next year... is the next best hope.

Touchdown Bowe
Derrick Morgan = Pillowbiter

DumbHillbillies

McShay thinks he translate to a DE/OLB in the NFL.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
McShay thinks he translate to a DE/OLB in the NFL.

McShay is a douchebag.

DumbHillbillies
12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Derrick Morgan = Pillowbiter

That's why he will be the pick.

BossChief
12-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Same as last year, everyone is going to get all excited. It has to be the pick. Then draft day, fcking tyson jackson except this year it will be derrick morgan. Deal with it !

this is your brain on bad drugs

Bane
12-29-2009, 10:35 PM
That's why he will be the pick.

You mean we pass on God Bradford?ROFL

KC kid
12-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Curry and Berry are nothing alike. Berry is the best safety I have seen in college. Curry is just another linebacker.

Bane
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Curry and Berry are nothing alike. Berry is the best safety I have seen in college. Curry is just another linebacker.

Maybe,but everyone said Curry was the BPA in the draft last year.The same thing they said about Dorsey the year before.:banghead:

DumbHillbillies
12-29-2009, 10:41 PM

Just another linebacker now, last year he was best prospect in years. But that is not my point. My point is that pioli is going traditional positional value over talent.

ArrowheadMagic
12-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Just another linebacker now, last year he was best prospect in years. But that is not my point. My point is that pioli is going traditional positional value over talent.

I am sorry, when has 5 tech DE ever been traditional value?

DumbHillbillies
12-29-2009, 10:44 PM
this is your brain on bad drugs

No, this is my brain on the "process" 4321

LaChapelle
12-29-2009, 10:51 PM
The Berrichise

Mecca
12-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I am sorry, when has 5 tech DE ever been traditional value?

It only is to those NE fools who bring up Seymour every 5 seconds like that is the best draft pick ever made.

rtmike
12-29-2009, 11:01 PM

Anyone from LSU worthy of the 1st round? I guess it doesn't matter with us. ;)

Mr. Arrowhead
12-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Actually most people on CP didnt want Curry

Dante84
12-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Eric Berry = Aaron Curry

Me no rikey

Chiefaholic
12-29-2009, 11:22 PM
There's aren't mant guaranteed studs out of next years draft. But, after Suh, Berry is the next best guaranteed option.

wild1
12-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Do people think that Suh would translate to our system? Or is he one of those guys who would probably help anyone?

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2009, 11:53 PM
It only is to those NE fools who bring up Seymour every 5 seconds like that is the best draft pick ever made.

Originally they had him play the 3 tech as rookie then they transitioned to the 3-4 with him in it

Chiefaholic
12-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Do people think that Suh would translate to our system? Or is he one of those guys who would probably help anyone?

If we had the 4-3 a line made up of Jackson, Suh, Dorsey, and Hali would wreak havoc in the backfield.

RealSNR
12-30-2009, 12:24 AM
If we had the 4-3 a line made up of Jackson, Suh, Dorsey, and Hali would wreak havoc in the backfield.Who would play the outside end? Suh is the only reasonable name of those not named Hali on that list, and that's only because he's the most talented. It'd be a complete waste of phenominal player.

Then again, we're the Chiefs. Let's do it!

Touchdown Bowe
12-30-2009, 12:38 AM
We must continue the tradition

With the third overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..Brandon LaFell, Wide Reciever, LSU

morphius
12-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Actually most people on CP didnt want Curry
That's sort of how I remember it, there were a few vocal Curry droolers, but other than that the feeling was pretty eh.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 12:53 AM
If we had the 4-3 a line made up of Jackson, Suh, Dorsey, and Hali would wreak havoc in the backfield.

Actually it wouldn't....Jackson's side would get no pass rush and Hali's side would get run all over.

salame
12-30-2009, 03:15 AM
Actually it wouldn't....Jackson's side would get no pass rush and Hali's side would get run all over.

mecca you know you can't use logic on here

BryanBusby
12-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Maybe,but everyone said Curry was the BPA in the draft last year.The same thing they said about Dorsey the year before.:banghead:

Curry was the BPA basically by default mainly because the talent at the top wasn't that impressive last year. If Crabtree didn't come off as a diva and wasn't dealing with a busted foot, he would of been higher up.

2008 was kind of a mixed bag. Yeah some people pimped up Dorsey as the next Sapp, but they were tards. I don't really think there was a clear cut BPA that year. Even Jake Long was picked apart and there were questions if he could play LT in the pros.

There's more quality at the top this year with Suh, Clausen, Berry, McCoy and McClain.

Crush
12-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Eric Berry could possibly be a Ed Reed-type player. The Curry hype was just the product of a meh draft.

BryanBusby
12-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Colt McCoy is not going to mount to anything in the NFL.

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Gerald McCoy was who I was referencing.

BossChief
12-30-2009, 04:08 AM
I just hope that Detroit or Stl fucks up their pick so that Claussen or Suh are available when we pick, whether it be for a trade down or to take said player. Id be fine with either.

There are other top ten drafting teams that need a qb (Oakland, Wash, Cleveland, Seattle, Buffalo and Denver could all use an upgrade)

Every team will scramble to trade up for Suh if by some retarded reason he is still available when we pick. IMHO I would stick at 3 and take him if he is on the board, unless a deal that cant be turned down is offered.

MahiMike
12-30-2009, 07:29 AM
nah, 2010 is the draft Pioli has been planning everything for.

CHIEFS58
12-30-2009, 08:25 AM
can we draft a new defensive coordinator too?

Consistent1
12-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Eric Berry could possibly be a Ed Reed-type player. The Curry hype was just the product of a meh draft.

I think it is a bt early to write Curry off as some average guy. Not everybody is going to get put in the position to have a chance at a rookie stat-line like someone like Patrick Willis did. Curry should still end up being a hell of a player. He has a fair amount of tackles so far, a couple sacks, forced a couple turnovers, shows promise in coverage, etc. It still seems to me that he really is going to end up showing the skills to play any LB position in any system. If this was indeed planned out to be a long term deal, they should have thrown some guys they picked up, already had or mid-rounders to do what Jackson is doing. We could have ended up with Curry and Berry which I think in 2-3 years would have been a solid as hell core for the D. They could have struggled a little, developed as leaders and became keys to the team. I know it's been overplayed, but the Jackson pick just seems even worse considering $$$ value of the contract when this team sucks so bad. Maybe LB is not the best positon to put a ton of cash in either, but it's better than what we got if Curry turns out to even slightly resemble the versatility and leadership of a Ray Lewis type.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2009, 09:30 AM

They are identical, except that Berry plays a playmaker position in 3-4 whereas Curry would have played a support ILB position.

Chiefnj2
12-30-2009, 09:32 AM
The Planet consensus on draft picks doesn't have the best record - yes to Gholston, no to Orakpo, no to Clady, yes to Sanchez, yes to Curry. A lot of self proclaimed draft gurus didn't like Jake Long. Nobody on this board has a great track record.

BigChiefFan
12-30-2009, 09:55 AM
The Planet consensus on draft picks doesn't have the best record - yes to Gholston, no to Orakpo, no to Clady, yes to Sanchez, yes to Curry. A lot of self proclaimed draft gurus didn't like Jake Long. Nobody on this board has a great track record. I agree with everything, but your last sentence.

Bane
12-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I agree with everything, but your last sentence.

Funny how we all get thrown into the "nobody" pool all together.ROFL

Dartgod
12-30-2009, 10:00 AM
The Planet consensus on draft picks doesn't have the best record - yes to Gholston, no to Orakpo, no to Clady, yes to Sanchez, yes to Curry. A lot of self proclaimed draft gurus didn't like Jake Long. Nobody on this board has a great track record.
I've yet to be wrong regarding my opinion of the Chiefs draft picks.

Dark Horse
12-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Mr dumb hillbilly would you by any chance be related to Mohillbilly?

milkman
12-30-2009, 01:05 PM

I believe the jury is still out on both Curry and Sanchez, and most thought that Clady would be a good LT in the right system, but not a good fit for what Herman fucking Edwards was doing.

Jake Long gets a lot of help in pass protect, far more than a #1 overall stud LT should get to really justify taking him that high.

So far, all you really have to crow about is Gholston and Orakpo, though I'd wait to see how things pan out with Gholston with Ryan and another season.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Aaron Curry isn't even the best LB from his class, if you give me a hard time for some things I say, Credit me for saying he wasn't a better prospect than Cushing who is a far better player to this point.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Maualuga, Cushing and Matthews have all been superior linebackers to Curry.

Curry hasn't been turned into a pass-rushing monster, despite the fact that I (and others) were told he was capable of becoming just that. He's just been "a guy". Another media creation.

Jackson has been a two-down player and has had absolutely no impact, as many of us had suggested in April.

Orapko has certainly been a surprise and Clady found a perfect home in Denver. Clady would not have done nearly as well in Gailey's blocking scheme.

The story is far from over in regards to Sanchez, especially considering he has an opportunity to lead the Jets to playoffs and get even more experience behind center.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
And the comments made against Crabtree still hold true, why should he have gone top 5 when he was only marginally better than Hakeem Nicks who would go at the end of the first?

Even after a season that still bears out as Nicks has had a better year.

HemiEd
12-30-2009, 02:33 PM
can we draft a new defensive coordinator too?

I sure as hell hope so, along with a DL coach.

Brock
12-30-2009, 04:18 PM

Shocking news. ROFL

KCChiefsMan
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
people loved Curry for how freakishly athletic he is. You could say Mays = Curry, but Berry is a smart football player and is a great athlete, but not freakish.

keg in kc
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Berry's nothing like Curry. Only a few people wanted Curry last year, with (as I recall) the majority questioning the value of a coverage linebacker in the top half of the first round, and some postulated that his draft position was as much due to the weak top end of the draft class as anything else (a theory in some ways supported by the drafting of Jackson; 2009 was not a particularly good year for a top-5 pick - it was a relatively deep class, but not a top-heavy one). Curry was even compared to Derrick Johnson in terms of his possible impact, even mentioned by some as a rich man's Donnie Edwards.

Whereas Berry's a once-in-a-decade player at his position, and isn't the only one in the draft class (Suh...). The 2010 draft is clearly not the same kind of beast as the 2009 draft.

As is often the case, however, the few people who did want Curry last year were very, very, very, very, very vocal about it.

DumbHillbillies
01-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Mr dumb hillbilly would you by any chance be related to Mohillbilly?

All hillbillies are related.

Bane
01-01-2010, 09:41 AM
All hillbillies are related.

ROFL
rep