PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb: As season nears end, Chiefs continue to wait on Bowe

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2009, 11:21 PM
As season nears end, Chiefs continue to wait on Bowe (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1655997.html)
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Dwayne Bowe has spent this season trying to prove he can handle the details. That hasn’t always been pretty.

But the Chiefs wide receiver’s third season has been telling, and this is perhaps one of the memorable lessons Kansas City will take from Bowe’s performance in 2009: that as talented as Bowe is, he can’t yet be considered among the Chiefs’ reliable and consistent players.

Bowe has been dogged by Todd Haley, praised by the Chiefs’ coach, been a sloppy route-runner, a dynamic target near the end zone, suspended for four games, and had his effort questioned after Sunday’s loss at Cincinnati. The details almost always steer that conversation, and after another season of waiting for Bowe to prove himself, the Chiefs are left with lingering questions about their franchise wideout.

“Dwayne is a player that, from the start to finish, has made big strides for us,” Haley said Monday, during his weekly news conference. “Leading up to the suspension, we were very excited about his progress.”

Kansas City has been patient with Bowe, and that patience has been tested. His suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs was a progress killer; all the steps that Bowe had taken after a tumultuous training camp hit a four-week roadblock. Bowe returned in good spirits and in good shape, but he was responsible for a handful of the Chiefs’ many dropped passes in a loss to Cleveland.

This past Sunday against the Bengals, Bowe made little effort to catch up with a pass that had been overthrown. He also failed to exert himself on a pass that was intercepted. When details count, those are the kinds of plays the Chiefs will remember.

“Our rule is: If you’re in the vicinity of the ball and we can’t catch it, we can’t allow the other team to do so,” Haley said. “Our receivers have to learn from that, and when you’re in that situation again, you’ve got to do something.”

Haley said that during the flight back to Kansas City after Sunday’s loss, he met with some of the Chiefs’ wideouts about taking care of the little things. Haley, a former NFL receivers coach, said he emphasized that sometimes a wide receiver can be responsible for an interception, same as a quarterback. Haley wants his receivers to fight for the ball, and if they can’t make the play, quickly become a defender who keeps the ball out of the other team’s hands.

Matt Cassel threw two interceptions Sunday, and Haley said that both of those plays might have been different with more effort from Kansas City’s receivers.

“We’ve got to do a better job; if we’re not making the play, not allowing them to make the play,” Haley said. “Those are two plays we would have liked to have done a better job.”

The Chiefs and Bowe don’t have much time left to prove themselves. Kansas City finishes its season on the road Sunday at Denver. If this season has shown anything, it’s that the Chiefs’ coaches are evaluating players and trying to learn who’s capable of helping the team in the future — without having to tolerate continued setbacks from those same players.

Haley said the team has made decisions on many of its players, and some have failed tests or proved they’re just not capable. The coach didn’t name anyone, but Bowe would probably have a less worrisome offseason if he’d paid more attention to the details. For now, the Chiefs will keep waiting on him to prove himself one way or the other.

“He’s had a difficult month and a half,” Haley said of Bowe. “I think this is all part of the process for Dwayne and growing and becoming the player that we think he’s capable of being.”

Reerun_KC
12-29-2009, 11:23 PM
And we will be waiting....

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Haley, a former NFL receivers coach, said he emphasized that sometimes a wide receiver can be responsible for an interception, same as a quarterback.

Another Matt Cassel can do no wrong intimation.

DaneMcCloud
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
“I think this is all part of the process for Dwayne and growing and becoming the player that we think he’s capable of being.”

He was a better player before you came along, Todd Haley.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM

Nice find!!!!

To the lynching tree!!!!!

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2009, 11:30 PM

I believe Todd Haley doesn't get that certain players you have to teach differently according to their personality. There are players who need a firmer hand to be coached, and others can be taught by different methods

Fish
12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Bowe has been dogged by Todd Haley, praised by the Chiefs’ coach, been a sloppy route-runner, a dynamic target near the end zone, suspended for four games, and had his effort questioned after Sunday’s loss at Cincinnati.

Good grief Babb... WTF is that sentence? 5 commas you babbling fool?

“Our rule is: If you’re in the vicinity of the ball and we can’t catch it, we can’t allow the other team to do so,” Haley said. “Our receivers have to learn from that, and when you’re in that situation again, you’ve got to do something.”

Yes. Listen up WR crew. We got Matt Cassel. So we must improve our interception defending. We need to practice this guys.

LaChapelle
12-29-2009, 11:44 PM
We must protect our Cashhole, men

Easy 6
12-30-2009, 12:08 AM

He was sloppy & drunk with early success IMO... happy to get by on talent.

If he wants to Max Out, regardless of coach, its time for him to focus... i'll never, ever doubt his pure talent, but i dont need another DJ 'should be' player.

He's been lazy & needs to step up, Haley is surely trying to tell him that... 'are you fine with being BIG B, or do you want 1-A?'

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
He was sloppy & drunk with early success IMO... happy to get by on talent.

If he wants to Max Out, regardless of coach, its time for him to focus... i'll never, ever doubt his pure talent, but i dont need another DJ 'should be' player.

He's been lazy & needs to step up, Haley is surely trying to tell him that... 'are you fine with being BIG B, or do you want 1-A?'

I'm sorry but you're insane.

Any receiver, ANY RECEIVER, that puts up nearly 1,000 yards receiving on a 4-12, then a 2-12 team with QB's like Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard ARE BIG TIME.

Enough of the Haley bullshit.

Dwayne Bowe has REGRESSED this year.

You're BLIND if you can't see it.

Go to the eye doctor.

FAX
12-30-2009, 12:23 AM
I believe Todd Haley doesn't get that certain players you have to teach differently according to their personality. There are players who need a firmer hand to be coached, and others can be taught by different methods

As an incurable, lifelong homer and chief Haley apologist, I'd like to comment on this here post right here, Mr. Tribal Warfare.

From time to time, particularly early in the year, I felt the same way. However, Haley himself has said (and I believe he also repeated it in his last - or next to last press conference) that you coach each player differently ... but with the same standards, or words to that effect.

I'm now confident that he's not so stupid as to believe that each individual has to be treated in an identical manner. Or, that that is even possible.

FAX

Easy 6
12-30-2009, 12:35 AM

Any receiver, ANY RECEIVER, that puts up nearly 1,000 yards receiving on a 4-12, then a 2-12 team with QB's like Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard ARE BIG TIME.

Go to the eye doctor.

Go your own way Dane, but if you cant see that Bowe was lazy & satisfied with Herm & his Last Gasp Gimmick Band Offense of 08 then maybe you arent the only one who's typing in bolded letters enough.

It was a league-wide rumor that Dwayne was slacking & his performance at times said as much... i think he's awesome too, but get real... Haley introduced disipline & Dwayne regressed, not vice/versa.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Go your own way Dane, but if you cant see that Bowe was lazy & satisfied with Herm & his Last Gasp Gimmick Band Offense of 08 then maybe you arent the only one who's typing in bolded letters enough.

"My own way"?

Go ahead an name us the rookie receivers in Chiefs history that have put up nearly 1,000 yards their rookie season, only to follow that up with 1,086 the following season.

While playing for a less than 4 win team with below average (i.e. non-HOF) QB's.

I'll be waiting.

It was a league-wide rumor that Dwayne was slacking & his performance at times said as much

Really? League wide, eh?

Why don't you go ahead an link us.

Better yet, quote your sources.

You know, because they're "league wide".

:rolleyes:

i think he's awesome too, but get real... Haley introduced disipline & Dwayne regressed, not vice/versa.

Get real?

GET REAL?

You're insane.

Todd Haley is asking MORE of Dwayne Bowe when he should be asking MORE of Rudy Niswanger. MORE of Mike Goof. MORE of Brian Waters. MORE of Ryan O'Callaghan. MORE of Sean Ryan. MORE of O'Connell.

MORE OF HIMSELF.

Coach
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM

Go to the eye doctor.

I would agree with your that his play has regressed, but at times, one must consider the source(s) of it.

One is what you mentioned, Haley.

The other is Matt Cassel.

Also, losing Gonzalez was another thing to think of. When Gonzalez was here, most defenses would have to commit double-teaming him (most often) which would leave a single man to defend on Bowe.

Fish
12-30-2009, 12:51 AM

It was a league-wide rumor that Dwayne was slacking & his performance at times said as much... i think he's awesome too, but get real... Haley introduced disipline & Dwayne regressed, not vice/versa.

Lazy and satisfied? Huh? 1000+ yard season on a 4 win/2 win team is lazy and satisfied?

But you admit that Bowe regressed due to Haley's coaching style....

Reaper16
12-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Has Bowe regressed? Only in statistical numbers. If he had an average quarterback then he'd be pretty fucking good. Truth is -- he is very good.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Has Bowe regressed?

Drops and concentration.

Haley's in his head, far too often. He's not just out there playing football.

He's thinking.

Just like Albert for most of the season.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 12:56 AM
I like how Dwayne Bowe stats are off because he has a moron head coach and a shitty QB, Bowe is one of the few good players this team has.

Mecca
Drops and concentration.

He's thinking.

What Patrick Crayton said of Haley long ago rings true once again.

doomy3
Drops and concentration.

He's thinking.

I agree with this. I think Bowe, like many, is playing tight.

I know I seem to be in the minority here, but I also think this is much of Cassel's problem. Watching him play last year in NE, he didn't play NEARLY as tight as he's playing this year.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2009, 12:57 AM
What Patrick Crayton said of Haley long ago rings true once again.

I'm REALLY shocked that no one has given credit to Haley for Miles Austin.

LMAO

doomy3
I like how Dwayne Bowe stats are off because he has a moron head coach and a shitty QB, Bowe is one of the few good players this team has.

Why do you like that?

DaneMcCloud
I agree with this. I think Bowe, like many, is playing tight.

I know I seem to be in the minority here, but I also think this is much of Cassel's problem. Watching him play last year in NE, he didn't play NEARLY as tight as he's playing this year.

You'd be tight to with a Haley up your ass

Mecca
12-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Why do you like that?

It's called not being serious, but really the articles should be about our shitty gameplans and our inaccurate QB not how maybe the best player on the offense sucks.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 01:00 AM
Does no one remember the thing I posted that Crayton said?

He basically said playing for Todd Haley is like having a boss who thinks the best way for you to do your job is for him to be up your ass all the time and constantly over your shoulder. He said he was happy Haley was gone because now they have a coach who will let them do their jobs.

doomy3
12-30-2009, 01:00 AM
You'd be tight to with a Haley up your ass

Totally agree. You can just see it in his face with any mistake. Like, "Shit, I have to go to the sidelines and get my ass chewed, and watch my coach roll his eyes at me. Fuck me."

doomy3
12-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Does no one remember the thing I posted that Crayton said?

He basically said playing for Todd Haley is like having a boss who thinks the best way for you to do your job is for him to be up your ass all the time and constantly over your shoulder. He said he was happy Haley was gone because now they have a coach who will let them do their jobs.

I don't remember that. Although, it is funny coming from Crayton, considering he has gotten no better with the new style of coaching.

I agree Haley needs to let players play though without the constant breaking of confidence.

DaneMcCloud
Totally agree. You can just see it in his face with any mistake. Like, "Shit, I have to go to the sidelines and get my ass chewed, and watch my coach roll his eyes at me. Fuck me."

Yep.

And after a while, the "fuck me" turns into "Fuck you".

I've been there.

Mecca
I don't remember that. Although, it is funny coming from Crayton, considering he has gotten no better with the new style of coaching.

I agree Haley needs to let players play though without the constant breaking of confidence.

Crayton pretty much is what he is, but that comment seems to hold true for Haley.

Personally I think that attitude is part of the reason Gonzalez was traded, I remember watching Dallas games back then, there were many times where he'd scream at Owens and Owens would stand up and look at him like "get away from me or I'll fucking kill you".

Easy 6
12-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Drops and concentration.

He's thinking.

Is that such a bad thing, in the short term?... All Football Talent doesnt equal All Football Mind... you want links? fine, i'll be back at the end of the business day tomorrow, to inform your interests, for now bed awaits... dont change that channel Batfans!

We've all heard it before, but Boldin & Fitz wouldnt kiss Haleys ass (figuratively) like they have in the press about Haleys influence if it didnt exist, they'd take shots at him... same goes for Kurt Warner.

'Be Great & Be The Man'... yeah, damn Todd for preaching the truth

Ralphy Boy
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM

So has Cassel, but most are not willing to allow him the same latitude. Its crap like this that kills me about Haley.

Cassel, Bowe & Albert have all regressed under him. Big deal if Charles hasn't, I personally don't think Haley is responsible for Charles development. The kid rushed for 1,600 yards his senior year at Texas and scored 18 TD's, so his talent was clear but, until LJ called Haley out, Charles was riding the pine. He had a whole 116 yards rushing before LJ was released, compared to 745 after.

We cannot have an idiot at the healm who doesn't make the players better by COACHING them, yet we do.

I'm not saying Cassel is a world beater but he has seriously regressed under Haley. Cassel's 63.4% completion % and 89.4 QB rating compare very favorable for a first year starter to most any QB in the league.

The person Cassel's first year was most comparable to is Aaron Rodgers. Though Rodgers was better in every category the numbers are very close and the circumstances were similar as both waited behind future HOF's before getting their shot.
Rodgers 63.6% completion %, 341 for 536 totalling 4,038 yards with 28 TD's & 13 INT's.
Cassel 63.4% completion %, 327 for 516 totalling 3,693 yards with 21 TD's & 11 INT's.

Cassel was a year older than Carson Palmer when he got his first shot at starting and their numbers are also very similar with Cassel being better in most categories. Higher completion %, better TD/INT ratio and a higher QB rating.

At this point, Cassel looks like a complete waste and while a fair amount of blame is his, more is on Haley.

Tiger's Fan
12-30-2009, 02:07 AM
So has Cassel, but most are not willing to allow him the same latitude. Its crap like this that kills me about Haley.

Cassel, Bowe & Albert have all regressed under him. Big deal if Charles hasn't, I personally don't think Haley is responsible for Charles development. The kid rushed for 1,600 yards his senior year at Texas and scored 18 TD's, so his talent was clear but, until LJ called Haley out, Charles was riding the pine. He had a whole 116 yards rushing before LJ was released, compared to 745 after.

We cannot have an idiot at the healm who doesn't make the players better by COACHING them, yet we do.

I'm not saying Cassel is a world beater but he has seriously regressed under Haley. Cassel's 63.4% completion % and 89.4 QB rating compare very favorable for a first year starter to most any QB in the league.

The person Cassel's first year was most comparable to is Aaron Rodgers. Though Rodgers was better in every category the numbers are very close and the circumstances were similar as both waited behind future HOF's before getting their shot.
Rodgers 63.6% completion %, 341 for 536 totalling 4,038 yards with 28 TD's & 13 INT's.
Cassel 63.4% completion %, 327 for 516 totalling 3,693 yards with 21 TD's & 11 INT's.

Cassel was a year older than Carson Palmer when he got his first shot at starting and their numbers are also very similar with Cassel being better in most categories. Higher completion %, better TD/INT ratio and a higher QB rating.

At this point, Cassel looks like a complete waste and while a fair amount of blame is his, more is on Haley.

Yeah, it wouldn't have anything to do with the dogshit for talent he's surrounded by, Bowe included.

Bowe is fat, lazy, and most importantly, stupid. He won't be gone soon enough because he's the kind of player you don't win with. Wasted talent.

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2009, 02:28 AM
As an incurable, lifelong homer and chief Haley apologist, I'd like to comment on this here post right here, Mr. Tribal Warfare.

From time to time, particularly early in the year, I felt the same way. However, Haley himself has said (and I believe he also repeated it in his last - or next to last press conference) that you coach each player differently ... but with the same standards, or words to that effect.

I'm now confident that he's not so stupid as to believe that each individual has to be treated in an identical manner. Or, that that is even possible.

FAX

His actions dictate otherwise, the only individual that is exempt from his accountability method of coaching is Matt Cassel.

Ralphy Boy
12-30-2009, 05:01 AM
Yeah, it wouldn't have anything to do with the dogshit for talent he's surrounded by, Bowe included.

Bowe is fat, lazy, and most importantly, stupid. He won't be gone soon enough because he's the kind of player you don't win with. Wasted talent.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you have to be smoking crack. Bowe has regressed under Haley, just like Cassel. If you can't see that, then I don't have a clue how to talk to you. If you don't understand that what you're saying is wrong, then you just need to go into a "time out" and think about it.

Bowe is the best wide receiver we have drafted since Joe Horn and I have no desire to see him go elsewhere and become a star.

TRR
12-30-2009, 06:47 AM

I love it!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2009, 07:12 AM

Go to the eye doctor.Regressed? Maybe. The absence of TG and Cassel's ineptitude could be an issue.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2009, 07:37 AM

heh...thats pretty telling isnt it?

The radio guys on 610 postgame the other day (Grunhard maybe??) were saying that alot of these guys are playing scared. Afraid to make a mistake so they are like robots instead of relying on natural talents and instincts.

Whatever the case, yes Bowe has clearly regressed....the suspension didnt help.

cabletech94
12-30-2009, 07:44 AM
I'll probably get the proverbial stick in the eye for this:

Anyone have the feeling that Bowe's gonna get traded this offseason?
I'd hate to see him playing for another team. But I've just got this nagging feeling that we're going for as many draft pics as possible.

I do hope I'm wrong!

Extra Point
12-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Nitpicking details sometimes gets in the way of the big scheme of things. Running a pattern vs. finding a hole in the defensive pattern. The playing scared and ****-me-turning-into-****-you theories hold water.

The inside slant is the least used pattern the Chiefs run effectively.

Funny, how Bowe was wide open in the end zone a few times this season.

penchief
12-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I agree with Dane that Bowe is one of the few talented players we have. However, I disagree that his regression is on Haley. That's a copout, IMO.

When Gonzalez was traded Bowe was expected to step up. He didn't. He came into camp overweight knowing what the standard was and knowing that the team was counting on him to step up. He forced Haley's hand.

While Bowe may be even more talented than Charles the differerence between Bowe and Charles is commitment. Regardless of Bowe's "stats" he has proven to be lazy and content to be nothing more than a guy who makes an occasional great play.

philfree
12-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I agree with Dane that Bowe is one of the few talented players we have. However, I disagree that his regression is on Haley. That's a copout, IMO.

When Gonzalez was traded Bowe was expected to step up. He didn't. He came into camp overweight knowing what the standard was and knowing that the team was counting on him to step up. He forced Haley's hand.

While Bowe may be even more talented than Charles the differerence between Bowe and Charles is commitment. Regardless of Bowe's "stats" he has proven to be lazy and content to be nothing more than a guy who makes an occasional great play.

I kind of agree. In the best of all possible worlds Bowe takes Haleys scrutiny and his suspension and uses them as motivation in the offseason to stay in shape and be committed to be ready for camp this year when it rolls around. Am I predicting this? No. But I'm hopeful.

PhilFree:arrow:

CHIEFS58
12-30-2009, 08:21 AM
he has regressed. but i think its due to gonzo being gone-zo. he was basically the second option.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Trade him this offseason.

MOhillbilly
12-30-2009, 08:29 AM
heh...thats pretty telling isnt it?

The radio guys on 610 postgame the other day (Grunhard maybe??) were saying that alot of these guys are playing scared. Afraid to make a mistake so they are like robots instead of relying on natural talents and instincts.

Whatever the case, yes Bowe has clearly regressed....the suspension didnt help.

well who ever said that is full of shit. You can only yell so much at a another grown man. If im a NFL player you could yell all fucking day and id tell you to eat shit,maybe not in a verbal altercation but my body language would. what has haley done for players to be scared?
He doesnt sign paychecks, he hasnt won shit, hasnt done shit. At this point id be playing for personal pride & a atleast trying to look like i earn my paycheck.

Coogs
12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
If this season has shown anything, it’s that the Chiefs’ coaches are evaluating players and trying to learn who’s capable of helping the team in the future — without having to tolerate continued setbacks from those same players.

Haley said the team has made decisions on many of its players, and some have failed tests or proved they’re just not capable. The coach didn’t name anyone,

This is the most interesting part of the article to me. And as Dane said earlier, this has to go far beyond the WR's being held accountable.

DeezNutz
12-30-2009, 09:24 AM

Who is this n00b (:D) who has posted many high-quality posts of late?

seaofred
12-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Any of you guys think Bowe only had those 1000 yards seasons because we were behind and the other team was double covering TG?

His stats may also be down, because we switched offensive schemes a week before the season started and it took the whole offense time to adjust? Maybe because the 1st few weeks we were changing QB's?

HemiEd
12-30-2009, 10:10 AM
I would agree with your that his play has regressed, but at times, one must consider the source(s) of it.

One is what you mentioned, Haley.

The other is Matt Cassel.

Also, losing Gonzalez was another thing to think of. When Gonzalez was here, most defenses would have to commit double-teaming him (most often) which would leave a single man to defend on Bowe.

Exactly! The absence of Tony G. has affected a lot of things, most notably, Bowe.

ModSocks
12-30-2009, 10:41 AM

This. Nice post. And honestly, i dont think he's regressed. I think he's the same ol' D-Bowe, just not running slants and other 5-10 yrd routes anymore. He doesn't have Tony G taking heat off of him anymore. That's why it seems like he's regressed. He's always dropped occasional easy balls and always made occasional amazing grabs....still does the same schtick.

Personally, im not too worried about him. I think he'll be fine. I see a D-bowe with the same hands, but much more physically fit. After the suspension, dude came back yoked. He looks much more fit then he ever has. He's being asked to run deeper patterns which equates to less catches. He doesn't have TG anymore, which equates to less Red Zone Td's.

I don't think he regressed, but i don't think he's progressed either.

And **** what Patrick Crayton says. Who should give a shit what that scrub says? WTF has he ever done? And T.O didn't get along with Haley? Oh wow, what a surprise there. T.O only gets along with those who bow down to the awesomeness of T.O.

I'll take the word of a Fitz, Boldin and Warner before i EVER take the word of a bad attitude T.O or a perenial pro-bowler like Patrick ****ing Crayton.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Another Matt Cassel can do no wrong intimation.:shake:

i don't think it's about Cassel can do no wrong as it is about everyone working together.

cassel has to throw it better and make better decisions
wide receivers have to catch better and knock the ball down if they can't

it's call "team"

but hey, don't let that get in the way of the cassel cryfest.

Micjones
12-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Regressed? Maybe. The absence of TG and Cassel's ineptitude could be an issue.

Perspective? Not this shit again...

Micjones
12-30-2009, 10:53 AM
This. Nice post. And honestly, i dont think he's regressed. I think he's the same ol' D-Bowe, just not running slants and other 5-10 yrd routes anymore. He doesn't have Tony G taking heat off of him anymore. That's why it seems like he's regressed. He's always dropped occasional easy balls and always made occasional amazing grabs....still does the same schtick.

Personally, im not too worried about him. I think he'll be fine. I see a D-bowe with the same hands, but much more physically fit. After the suspension, dude came back yoked. He looks much more fit then he ever has. He's being asked to run deeper patterns which equates to less catches. He doesn't have TG anymore, which equates to less Red Zone Td's.

I don't think he regressed, but i don't think he's progressed either.

And **** what Patrick Crayton says. Who should give a shit what that scrub says? WTF has he ever done? And T.O didn't get along with Haley? Oh wow, what a surprise there. T.O only gets along with those who bow down to the awesomeness of T.O.

I'll take the word of a Fitz, Boldin and Warner before i EVER take the word of a bad attitude T.O or a perenial pro-bowler like Patrick ****ing Crayton.

But, but, but... We wanna sling shit at Todd Haley every chance we get!

Fish
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM

This excuse is getting played out too much...

Of course we can sit here and say that with the Chiefs OLine of 2003, and Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, and Lynn Swann catching the ball, Cassel will finally start to show his talents. But at some point, the franchise QB is going to have to lead. Not rely on surrounding talent to excel, but lead the team. We can all acknowledge that this isn't happening at the moment.

This statement is absolutely absurd.

ModSocks
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
This excuse is getting played out too much...

Of course we can sit here and say that with the Chiefs OLine of 2003, and Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, and Lynn Swann catching the ball, Cassel will finally start to show his talents. But at some point, the franchise QB is going to have to lead. Not rely on surrounding talent to excel, but lead the team. We can all acknowledge that this isn't happening at the moment.

This statement is absolutely absurd.

yep. Good QB's elevate the play around them, not lean on the players around them. There is a reason why they are supposed to be the LEADER of the team.