PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Suh over berry if he fell to us?

swayy07
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
just wondering what everyone would do if both where still there when we draft.

id hate spending three years worth of first round draft picks on DL and still suck.

Dante84
12-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd like to get a DC in place, firmly, before we even make any draft decisions. If it's Crennel, so be it. I don't want to handcuff the DC without getting his solid input, assuming its worth a damn.

Dante84
12-30-2009, 10:16 AM
That being said, our safety position is causing way more damage to our overall defense than any other position. Including the lack of a fat DT.

BigCatDaddy
12-30-2009, 10:16 AM
You go with Suh and make it work. You can't mortgage your future because you f'd up in the past.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2009, 10:17 AM
That being said, our safety position is causing way more damage to our overall defense than any other position. Including the lack of a fat DT.

I thought it was lack of a pass rush?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
i would hope that if Suh and Berry both fell to us we would trade down a draft spot or something and then take Berry.

just don't see how Suh fits on our team unless we go back to a 4-3 or they think that Suh can play nose tackle ala Jay Ratliff for Dallas.

Extra Point
12-30-2009, 10:21 AM
You go with Suh and make it work. You can't mortgage your future because you f'd up in the past.

THIS

Dante84
12-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I thought it was lack of a pass rush?

Quality coverage over the middle will allow our CB's to play better; allowing our entire secondary to erase passing options for the opposing QB; making him sit in the pocket longer; leading to more sacks, broken plays, and more interceptions via forced bad throws.

The pass rush will get much better once we have a solid backfield.

Dante84
12-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Even if our Dline gets a better push and we still dont have a safety, teams will dink and dunk us all the way down the field on screens and tight end dump offs.

Old Dog
12-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I would pray that some team would be willing to move up to get Suh. I think this team needs Berry worse than Suh, but it wouldn't shock me at all if they went Suh in that scenario as he would help sell more tickets immediately.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Even if our Dline gets a better push and we still dont have a safety, teams will dink and dunk us all the way down the field on screens and tight end dump offs.
surely we can improve our safety position through FA without spending a bunch of cash.

i mean solid,unspectacular safeties are pretty common. It's when you get one that is a stud that they get expensive.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Hali, Jackson, Dorsey, Suh...all #1 picks....

That would be incredible....or incredible "on paper" :)

Coogs
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM
surely we can improve our safety position through FA without spending a bunch of cash.

i mean solid,unspectacular safeties are pretty common. It's when you get one that is a stud that they get expensive.

There shoud be a few good ones available in round two and three this year as well. Maybe not Berry. But good none the less.

swayy07
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM

right but wouldnt you want a star back there? i mean look at what TP and Ed reed do for their D's its retarted how much better each of those teams are when they are on the field.

swayy07
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Hali, Jackson, Dorsey, Suh...all #1 picks....

That would be incredible....or incredible "on paper" :)

if we did this and we didnt end up having one of the best D-lines in the league it would prolly make me wana shoot my self

HC_Chief
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM

I wish I could pos rep you twice for this post. :thumb:

POND_OF_RED
12-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I'd like to see them go after a proven NT in FA and pick up Berry in the draft. If they did it the other way around I wouldn't be too upset as long as both positions are filled with actual NFL playmakers by September.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
right but wouldnt you want a star back there? i mean look at what TP and Ed reed do for their D's its retarted how much better each of those teams are when they are on the field.
of course i want a star everywhere ... but the question is how do you get the best total talent.

it's much easier to get a decent safety in FA than a DT.

all depends on how you rate Suh vs Berry though :shrug:

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I'd like to see them go after a proven NT in FA and pick up Berry in the draft. If they did it the other way around I wouldn't be too upset as long as both positions are filled with actual NFL playmakers by September.truth

mlyonsd
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
First, Suh won't fall to us but if by some miracle Detroit picks another WR you take him at 3rd and do the happy dance.

Plus, more ticket sales to the NE fans.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
First, Suh won't fall to us but if by some miracle Detroit picks another WR you take him at 3rd and do the happy dance.

Plus, more ticket sales to the NE fans.
do we really want more cornholers at arrowhead???

:fire:

mylittlepony
12-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Berry no contest. He is exactly the type of player Kansas City needs. If opponents can get some fear of Jesus Berry in the backfield the pressure will get that extra tick that will make em arrive on time instead of just after the QB let go.

Berry would upgrade the corners, safties and linebackers.

Suh would probably help the d line and inside linebackers but that's about it. He is not the type of player to change the way an opposing team plays you, Berry is.

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
You guys really want to spend another Top 5 draft pick on a 5-technique?

Doing this means:

Our last 3 R1 picks, all of whom were top 5, play the same position.

We'd have over $100M wrapped up in the three of them.

Who becomes the rotational guy? Dorsey or Jackson? What happens to McGee? Or did we waste a R3 on him?

Micjones
12-30-2009, 10:58 AM
That'd be one hell of a decision to make.
It'd be hard to pass on a prospect like Suh with a 3-4 scheme.
At the same time though... You might be able to trade down 2 spots and pick up an extra (high) #2 and STILL get Berry.

Bane
12-30-2009, 11:01 AM
If Berry is there when we pick,and they don't take him,they should all pack up and go to Walmart for a job.

Ralphy Boy
12-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I'd like to get a DC in place, firmly, before we even make any draft decisions. If it's Crennel, so be it. I don't want to handcuff the DC without getting his solid input, assuming its worth a damn. This seems like a complete waste of a statement. Its not as if you are Haley and are going to offend Romeo.

This is all that needs to be said. You don't pass up Suh's talent, even for Berry. Suh is everything. He is one bad mofo. I heard he was created in a lab by crossing the DNA of Darth Vader, Chuck Norris, Rocky Balboa and Jesus Christ. I could go on but the point is: if you have a chance at him you DO NOT f@ck that up.

Look at Detroit, they drafted an ass load of WR's in the 1st round: Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Roy Williams, before they finally landed on CJ. Sometimes you just have to admit the mistake and move on. You can't move on if you're still trying to convince yourself that (____ player X) wasn't a mistake and even if they weren't a mistake anyway, you still don't pass up on the best player in the draft if they fall to you.

The Bad Guy
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd take Eric Berry. You can not invest another 30 million on this defensive line.

That would be Matt Millen dumb.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Sometimes you just have to admit the mistake and move on.

In alot of ways, the Chiefs have never moved on from Blackledge....

Coogs
12-30-2009, 11:08 AM
In alot of ways, the Chiefs have never moved on from Blackledge....

Word!

swayy07
12-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Look at Detroit, they drafted an ass load of WR's in the 1st round: Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Roy Williams, before they finally landed on CJ. Sometimes you just have to admit the mistake and move on. You can't move on if you're still trying to convince yourself that (____ player X) wasn't a mistake and even if they weren't a mistake anyway, you still don't pass up on the best player in the draft if they fall to you.

ok...but its still detroit how many games have they won in the past 5 years? i wouldnt base your argument on drafting another DL on something detroit has done IMO

Bane
12-30-2009, 11:09 AM
This seems like a complete waste of a statement. Its not as if you are Haley and are going to offend Romeo.

This is all that needs to be said. You don't pass up Suh's talent, even for Berry. Suh is everything. He is one bad mofo. I heard he was created in a lab by crossing the DNA of Darth Vader, Chuck Norris, Rocky Balboa and Jesus Christ. I could go on but the point is: if you have a chance at him you DO NOT f@ck that up.

I can agree totally with not passing on a guy like Suh,but the same argument can be made for Berry.

The Bad Guy
12-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Glenn Dorsey is not Charles Rogers and Tyson Jackson is not Mike Williams. These players can work in this system. That argument doesn't hold an ounce of water.

MOhillbilly
12-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I'd like to see them go after a proven NT in FA and pick up Berry in the draft. If they did it the other way around I wouldn't be too upset as long as both positions are filled with actual NFL playmakers by September.

name a bona-fide 2 gap NT who will be available to us with no cba/cap in place.

Micjones
12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
I can agree totally with not passing on a guy like Suh,but the same argument can be made for Berry.

It could but which position is more significant to the overall success of the scheme?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 11:22 AM
name a bona-fide 2 gap NT who will be available to us with no cba/cap in place.
The CBA is a huge deal for us this year.

a new CBA will probably include a slotting system for the draft making our pick incredibly more valuable.

without a new CBA the FA period will probably suck which will make it doubly hard for crappy teams to acquire talent and easier on teams looking to keep their talent.

Demonpenz
12-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I would say suh, I see a reggie white kind of inside outside passrusher game changer at the LOS

BigCatDaddy
12-30-2009, 11:24 AM
It could but which position is more significant to the overall success of the scheme?

It's funny how all of a sudden winning at the line of scrimmage became less important this year after pounding that drum the last 3 or 4.

petegz28
12-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Berry>Suh in our defense.

petegz28
12-30-2009, 11:25 AM
We need a fat ass that can take on a double-team in the middle of our line. Suh is not that.

Bane
12-30-2009, 11:26 AM

IMO if we were starting from scratch I'd pick Suh,but I'd have to go with Berry from where we stand now.Honestly,I don't think either pick will be a mistake.

Micjones
12-30-2009, 11:31 AM
IMO if we were starting from scratch I'd pick Suh,but I'd have to go with Berry from where we stand now.Honestly,I don't think either pick will be a mistake.

I agree. That'll be a GREAT problem to have come draft day.
The possibility of trading down a slot or two intrigues me though cause we could still get Berry and add another #2.

A Golden Tate/Sergio Kindle/Brandon Spikes Round 2 would be insane...

Bane
12-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree. That'll be a GREAT problem to have come draft day.
The possibility of trading down a slot or two intrigues me though cause we could still get Berry and add another #2.

A Golden Tate/Sergio Kindle/Brandon Spikes Round 2 would be insane...

I cant see us trading down @ 2 or 3 but I guess it could happen.I think we pick when its our turn.Too damn far away to really see how things will change between now and then.Hell Cj Spiller may be up in the top 10 by then and shake things up.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 11:37 AM
We need a fat ass that can take on a double-team in the middle of our line. Suh is not that.
ratliff has been playing good at NT for Dallas, he's not either.

Ratliff 6'4" 303lbs
Suh 6'4" 300lbs

ModSocks
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I'd rather have Berry. Fuck, how much 1st rnd talent do we need on the D-Line? We need to spread the wealth man. we're going to have the most expensive D-line in the NFL, with only 3 guys playing on it.

And who wants to go though a 3rd straight year of "X-lineman is a bust in his first year". Im tired of hearing that shit. We'll just hear it again if we draft Suh.

But anywho....say we did draft Suh, would you be opposed to trading our two second rnd picks to move up and draft Mays?

Because if we could land Suh AND a top safety talent, well, that changes shit.

Micjones
12-30-2009, 11:55 AM
I cant see us trading down @ 2 or 3 but I guess it could happen.I think we pick when its our turn.Too damn far away to really see how things will change between now and then.Hell Cj Spiller may be up in the top 10 by then and shake things up.

I think if they're both on the board we'll get at least a couple phone calls.
I wouldn't trade out of the Top 5 though.

Ralphy Boy
12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Glenn Dorsey is not Charles Rogers and Tyson Jackson is not Mike Williams. These players can work in this system. That argument doesn't hold an ounce of water.

It was more a reference to our continual drafting of defensive lineman.

I don't doubt that they can work in our system, I think a lot of Dorsey and always have. Not a fan of TJ but I could be wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am. At best I expect TJ to be an average player here. He wasn't worth the #3 pick thru no fault of his own, but he now must live up to that pick. I don't think he can but I know that Suh can and I don't think you pass on a player of his caliber because you have a mediocre player already filling the position. TJ's first year stats DO NOT compare favorably to those of any good 5 tech.

For the record I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Suh and trading him or keeping him and trading TJ. If TJ has done such a bang up job then maybe BB would be willing to give us his 2010 1st rounder. :rolleyes:

Micjones
12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
But anywho....say we did draft Suh, would you be opposed to trading our two second rnd picks to move up and draft Mays?

Because if we could land Suh AND a top safety talent, well, that changes shit.

Those two picks wouldn't be enough to move up into the Top 10.
We'd have to package a #3 as well or probably a player.

Bane
12-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I think if they're both on the board we'll get at least a couple phone calls.
I wouldn't trade out of the Top 5 though.

Could happen.I know I was hoping it would last year but :banghead:

tyton75
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
You take Suh and thank Satan he fell to you

ModSocks
12-30-2009, 12:28 PM

But isn't Mays suppose to be a 15-25 guy? Not a top ten?

El Jefe
12-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Nah, I don't see Mays going in the top ten.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
mays is not likely to go in top half of the 1st round ... why would we need to go up to the top 10.

imo Mays isn't even worth a 1st round pick

he's probably gonna end up moving to linebacker ala urlacher and will be a project of sorts.

Quesadilla Joe
12-30-2009, 01:32 PM
You draft Suh because he makes everyone around him better.

From a former Ravens and Browns scout:

Suh can play NT, shade, 3 tech, 5 tech or whatever else you would like him to play... he can dominate at any spot, any scheme

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5939543225

mlyonsd
12-30-2009, 02:12 PM
do we really want more cornholers at arrowhead???

:fire:

Heh. I bet Hunt and Payoli don't care who they are.

Titty Meat
12-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Lets win the Holiday Bowl before we discuss drafting Suh

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
The Chiefs 3-4 is nothing like the Dallas 3-4, the Chiefs are trying to build that boring NE 3-4 where big fat guys play up front and stop the run and the LB's only blitz sometimes.

The NE style of 3-4 is nothing like the Pittsburgh style or the Dallas style. And for the style this team seems to want to play, which is the boring one I might add, Suh has no spot unless you want 3 top 5 picks to rotate in 2 spots.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:21 PM
mays is not likely to go in top half of the 1st round ... why would we need to go up to the top 10.

imo Mays isn't even worth a 1st round pick

he's probably gonna end up moving to linebacker ala urlacher and will be a project of sorts.

:facepalm:

DeezNutz
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
For shits and grins:

If Pioli were willing to return to the 43, would you draft Suh?

Or, are you still in favor of Berry, Clausen, etc?

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:25 PM
For shits and grins:

If we played 4-3 we'd still be hosed because Jackson could only play end in obvious run downs and Hali could only play in obvious pass downs otherwise we'd have 1 side that couldn't stop the run and 1 side that couldn't get a pass rush. And Hali with his hand on the ground against a LT isn't all that hot to begin with.

Bane
12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
For shits and grins:

For shits and grins 2,if Suh goes 1,berry goes 2,do you pass on Clausen @ 3?

DeezNutz
12-30-2009, 02:27 PM
If we played 4-3 we'd still be hosed because Jackson could only play end in obvious run downs and Hali could only play in obvious pass downs otherwise we'd have 1 side that couldn't stop the run and 1 side that couldn't get a pass rush. And Hali with his hand on the ground against a LT isn't all that hot to begin with.

Jackson would have to move inside and become a rotational player, which, for Pioli, would be a bigger admission of being a dumb fuck than if he outright cut Cassel.

Titty Meat
12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Jackson was a 4-3 end at LSU

DeezNutz
12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
For shits and grins 2,if Suh goes 1,berry goes 2,do you pass on Clausen @ 3?

I don't.

But I could understand the Spiller selection, too.

Has to be one of these two players. Taking Clausen would ensure the possibility of a trade, but we've already gone down this road with this logic before...

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Also for the Taylor Mays talk his likely scenarios have him ending up in Seattle or San Fran...if he falls past there it becomes a huge tossup where he goes you'd probably see San Diego shit their pants to try to get him.

DeezNutz
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM

He and Hali would both be LDE now, though, and there's no chance in hell that Hali could move inside.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:30 PM

That basically never did what a 4-3 end is suppose to do, he had 1 year wher he got 10 sacks, at the NFL level that isn't happening.

Titty Meat
12-30-2009, 02:31 PM
If the Chiefs were to move back to the 4-3 I'd simply trade Hali for a 2nd or 3rd and sign Aaron Kampman. Jackson is like a Jamaal Anderson 4-3 D-end.

Mecca
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
This convo is pointless anyway, the odds we ever don't play 3-4 with Pioli here are less than him admitting Cassel sucks.

philfree
12-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I'd take Suh. If he is what we think he is then how could you not?

PhilFree:arrow:

BigCatDaddy
12-30-2009, 02:43 PM
This convo is pointless anyway, the odds we ever don't play 3-4 with Pioli here are less than him admitting Cassel sucks.

It's pointless because Suh won't drop that far.

If we were to consider going back to a 4-3 the better questions would be do you stand pat and take McCoy or would you give up our 1st and 2b to move up for Suh?

Bane
12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
I'd take Suh. If he is what we think he is then how could you not?

PhilFree:arrow:

When he is who we think he is goes wrong.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I remember when Dorsey was Suh 2 years ago....

DeezNutz
12-30-2009, 02:47 PM

Hey you sumbitch. This is why I said for "shits and grins."

Basically, I'm curious if people think Suh is so good that he would warrant talk about the switch. That's all.

Bane
12-30-2009, 02:47 PM

:thumb:

Mecca
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
That's depending on who you talk to, the former Ravens scout who has a Twitter account was asked that question and he said the team he worked for didn't think highly of Dorsey.

MOhillbilly
12-30-2009, 03:02 PM
just say no to D tackles in the first round. Its that simple. Runaway,runaway,runaway........

Mecca
12-30-2009, 03:05 PM
just say no to D tackles in the first round. Its that simple. Runaway,runaway,runaway........

Just because this team sucks at picking them...that kinda thinking is why we don't have a QB either.

MOhillbilly
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Just because this team sucks at picking them...that kinda thinking is why we don't have a QB either.

this team sucks at picking them.....is good enough for me.:)

BigCatDaddy
12-30-2009, 03:10 PM

No. Suh would not be picked behind Jake Long, Chris Long, and Darren McFadden.

BossChief
12-30-2009, 03:11 PM
If we pass on Suh in ANY scenario, we will have missed the boat.

Arrowhead erupting to chants of SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH during games will give us chills.

Bane
12-30-2009, 03:11 PM
No. Suh would not be picked behind Jake Long, Chris Long, and Darren McFadden.

Good point,and Dorseys name doesn't mean House Of Spears.:eek:

Bane
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
If we pass on Suh in ANY scenario, we will have missed the boat.

Arrowhead erupting to chants of SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH during games will give us chills.

Yeah the fans screaming SUHHHH would be cool.One Thing's for sure,Clark,Haley,and Pisoli definitely owe Chiefs fan a reason to cheer next year.I don't see us winnign more than 5-6 games but goddamn,give me a reason to watch.:mad:

ModSocks
12-30-2009, 03:20 PM
but goddamn,give me a reason to watch.:mad:

Exactly why i want Berry. So everytime an opposing team throws the deep ball i can have that hope in the pit of stomach that it will result in a pick, rather then the dispair in the pit of my stomach hoping that the ball is overthrown, because the odds are pretty good that the safety isn't going to be there when the ball starts coming down.

Chiefnj2
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
That's depending on who you talk to, the former Ravens scout who has a Twitter account was asked that question and he said the team he worked for didn't think highly of Dorsey.

I thought he said it was because of injury concerns, not necessarily talent. Plus, Dorsey has done a pretty good job at his switch to a 34 DE.

Sam Hall
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Suh over Berry? Yes.

Bane
12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Exactly why i want Berry. So everytime an opposing team throws the deep ball i can have that hope in the pit of stomach that it will result in a pick, rather then the dispair in the pit of my stomach hoping that the ball is overthrown, because the odds are pretty good that the safety isn't going to be there when the ball starts coming down.

I'm still torn on the 2.The more I read,and more video I watch,the more I like both guys.Like I said before IMO,either pick will make us better.

Quesadilla Joe
12-30-2009, 03:39 PM

From the same Ravens scout.

RT @FootballFan9216: then why was Glenn Dorsey considered best player in that class?>> not by teams i worked for... tweener, injury prone
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861888626

RT @FootballFan9216: how much better are Suh/ McCoy than Dorsey?>> comparing U2 to Better than Ezra
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861797604

BossChief
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Ill tell you one thing.

If both are on the board and we take Okung...Im boxing my Chiefs stuff up for a couple years.

And for the crowd who wants to be shortsighted and say things like "you cant take a DL that many times in a row, you'll turn into Matt Millon".....if the Lions used that philosophy, they wouldnt have Calvin Johnson right now and would have basically nothing to show for all those picks. Out of all those picks at WR, the only one that stuck was the only one worth the pick because he was truly an elite talent...the others werent.

ModSocks
12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm still torn on the 2.The more I read,and more video I watch,the more I like both guys.Like I said before IMO,either pick will make us better.

I agree. With these kind of players that will be available, Pioli can't fuck this up right?

Right?

Oh fuck...yes he can....

Mecca
12-30-2009, 03:50 PM
If you want to bust on the Lions for anything bust on them for making a fan friendly pick instead of the right pick.

They took Charles Rogers over Andre Johnson because he was the hometown kid when Johnson was the better prospect.

Molitoth
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm game for Suh or Berry. If 1 of those 2 guys are sitting at the table and we reach for someone else I will be pissed. (again)

Ralphy Boy
12-30-2009, 05:56 PM
If you want to bust on the Lions for anything bust on them for making a fan friendly pick instead of the right pick.

They took Charles Rogers over Andre Johnson because he was the hometown kid when Johnson was the better prospect.

I seem to recall them being considered equal and most had them as 1 & 1A. If its that close then I can't blame them for taking a local player.

MTG#10
12-30-2009, 06:00 PM
If Suh falls to us we have to take him.

Ralphy Boy
12-30-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd take Eric Berry. You can not invest another 30 million on this defensive line.

That would be Matt Millen dumb.

Do you not recall Haley/Pioli saying they wanted to build our D-line the way they did in New England? 3 first rounders.

ok...but its still detroit how many games have they won in the past 5 years? i wouldnt base your argument on drafting another DL on something detroit has done IMO

Good point. If they'd had any consistency up there on the coaching staff, they probably could have stopped with Williams.

I'd rather have Berry. ****, how much 1st rnd talent do we need on the D-Line? We need to spread the wealth man. we're going to have the most expensive D-line in the NFL, with only 3 guys playing on it.

And who wants to go though a 3rd straight year of "X-lineman is a bust in his first year". Im tired of hearing that shit. We'll just hear it again if we draft Suh.

Suh is a crapload better than Jackson and i seriously doubt anyone would say he is. Suh is already the consensus best player in the draft, TJ wasn't even on the radar of most teams until mid-first round.

You draft Suh because he makes everyone around him better.

From a former Ravens and Browns scout:

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5939543225
The same scout who said he wasn't high on Dorsey? If he was a scout for the Browns I could care less what he thought, he's a former Ravens scout, not a current one. Dorsey is a stud, albeit misused here, he is still contributing and the defense is much better with him than without.

The Chiefs 3-4 is nothing like the Dallas 3-4, the Chiefs are trying to build that boring NE 3-4 where big fat guys play up front and stop the run and the LB's only blitz sometimes.

The NE style of 3-4 is nothing like the Pittsburgh style or the Dallas style. And for the style this team seems to want to play, which is the boring one I might add, Suh has no spot unless you want 3 top 5 picks to rotate in 2 spots.
I love that you said "trying to build". I would love it if our 3-4 was as boring as NE was when they had Seymour.

SDChiefs
12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
You guys really want to spend another Top 5 draft pick on a 5-technique?

Doing this means:

Our last 3 R1 picks, all of whom were top 5, play the same position.

We'd have over $100M wrapped up in the three of them.

Who becomes the rotational guy? Dorsey or Jackson? What happens to McGee? Or did we waste a R3 on him?

It worked for Detroit. Oh...wait

Quesadilla Joe
12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
The same scout who said he wasn't high on Dorsey? If he was a scout for the Browns I could care less what he thought, he's a former Ravens scout, not a current one. Dorsey is a stud, albeit misused here, he is still contributing and the defense is much better with him than without.

He was a scout for the Ravens from 2003-2006. He went to the Browns because he was offered a promotion and when Mangini came to town he brought in his own scouts.

Bane
12-30-2009, 06:42 PM
He was a scout for the Ravens from 2003-2006. He went to the Browns because he was offered a promotion and when Mangini came to town he brought in his own scouts.

He lost all credibility by going to the Browns.ROFL

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2009, 06:47 PM
This would be great if KC ran a 4-3

Bane
12-30-2009, 06:49 PM
This would be great if KC ran a 4-3

We should be anyway IMO.

Ralphy Boy
12-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Cool. What the hell were they thinking in 2004? Did the scouts take off for the day after they drafted Dwan Edwards? He's the only one from that year thats still with the team.