PDA

View Full Version : Life Hello, had to share something

crazycoffey
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Hello all, 10pm (no, I'm not dragging up that old thing) just finishing up with inventories and such, but I always like to make a stop at the USO or MWR tents to get online and see what's going on in the real world. I also will grab a few letters addressed to service members and read through them, many tug at the 'ol heartstrings, btw.

Today though (instead of mostly lurking in on you all) I had to share one of these letters. It's from Johnny, unknown age/location, who wrote a school letter addressed to "an american solider"

"Dear American Solider, Happy Hollidays.
P.S. - Keep your eye on the target and your powder dry."

I think its one of the best I've read in a while and it made me laugh, and still does when I read it. I saved it and put it on my wall locker.

Anyway, I now return you to your regularly scheduled whatever

Loves_Bugs
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
repost

Extra Point
12-30-2009, 01:23 PM
repost

Retard!

That was a good story.

Loves_Bugs
12-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Retard!

That was a good story.

I could've swore it has been posted :doh!:

crazycoffey
12-30-2009, 01:24 PM
repost

welcome back, ROR

CaliforniaChief
12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Hello all, 10pm (no, I'm not dragging up that old thing) just finishing up with inventories and such, but I always like to make a stop at the USO or MWR tents to get online and see what's going on in the real world. I also will grab a few letters addressed to service members and read through them, many tug at the 'ol heartstrings, btw.

Today though (instead of mostly lurking in on you all) I had to share one of these letters. It's from Johnny, unknown age/location, who wrote a school letter addressed to "an american solider"

I think its one of the best I've read in a while and it made me laugh, and still does when I read it. I saved it and put it on my wall locker.

Anyway, I now return you to your regularly scheduled whatever

Thanks for sharing! And thanks so much for serving!

Loves_Bugs
12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
welcome back, ROR

ty

vailpass
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Ha! Gotta' love it. Keep your head down CC and Happy New Year.

teedubya
ty

Are you kidding me?

You SUCK ROR... a banned bet welcher.

Demonpenz
those kinds tear you up alittle, alot more than the ones that are like

hey, walk into an aids tree

Loves_Bugs
12-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Are you kidding me?

You SUCK ROR... a banned bet welcher.

meh whatever :rolleyes:

crazycoffey
12-30-2009, 01:30 PM
ty

You mean I called it, just like that? I'm good, just saying....

Bugeater
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
You mean I called it, just like that? I'm good, just saying....
No, he's not RoR.

vailpass
12-30-2009, 01:32 PM
No, he's not RoR.

Who is it?

Loves_Bugs
No, he's not RoR.

your just like a god damn cp police officer

Loves_Bugs
Who is it?

marlboro chief

stumppy
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
:clap:

Thanks for sharing and serving man.
The best advice I ever got from my attorney was "Watch your back and keep your powder dry".

seclark
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
take care over there, cc.
sec

Phobia
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM

Except for it's technically wrong. Keep your eye on that front sight tip.

BigRedChief
12-30-2009, 02:05 PM
you get any pictures yet of the Planet stuff we sent ya? No hurry or need, just curious. You got bigger things to worry about. In about a week or two I'm sending you another package with some instant snow so you guys can have a a snowball fight.

DaFace
12-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Who is it?

chiefbowe82 (aka KC_CHIEFS_06). He was temp banned last night for bumping a bunch of old threads. Given that he tried to come back while under a temp ban, he's now perma-banned.

luv
12-30-2009, 02:25 PM
chiefbowe82 (aka KC_CHIEFS_06). He was temp banned last night for bumping a bunch of old threads. Given that he tried to come back while under a temp ban, he's now perma-banned.
Woohoo!
Posted via Mobile Device

kcfanXIII
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
damn, the ban hammer is falling like wipe around here lately.

Brock
12-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Good, that guy sucked.

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Shoot me a PM next time you're on with JR's cell number.

And did she decide to get a new computer?

crazycoffey
12-31-2009, 03:19 AM

That stuff is drilled into all our heads, and it never seems to go away does it. but I'm cutting the kid a break, judging from his penmanship and pictures, I'd say he's either 8-12 years old, or a jarhead...

BTW- I got an aimpoint and a lazer sighting system, several in the squad have ACOGs, the military has changed since I got out the first time.....

you get any pictures yet of the Planet stuff we sent ya? No hurry or need, just curious. You got bigger things to worry about. In about a week or two I'm sending you another package with some instant snow so you guys can have a a snowball fight.

I do have the pictures, I don't have a computer with internet that I can put my flash drive in except that one buddy's in the neighboring tent. It's certainly on my list and with tomorrow and the next day being maintainance days, I should get it done. If I have problems posting them directly I'm emailing them to OTWP so he can do it.

The instant snow sounds classic, I'll be sure to get pics of that too, should be fun....

Shoot me a PM next time you're on with JR's cell number.

And did she decide to get a new computer?

check your inbox, my friend.
Oh, I got 4th place in the FF league, right? Is that money back, or first in line with empty pockets? I should've started the jets D..... :mad:

Slainte
12-31-2009, 03:28 AM

"Keep your powder dry" was an expression that was already passe when WWI's armistice was signed. I'd estimate CC's letter-writer to be 107 yrs old...

big nasty kcnut
12-31-2009, 03:38 AM
Hey cc hope your ok. Be safe
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2009, 03:40 AM
I'm glad to hear you're safe, CC.

Take care and keep in touch.

Happy New Year!

Hydrae
12-31-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm glad to hear you're safe, CC.

Take care and keep in touch.

Happy New Year!

Ditto

MOhillbilly
12-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Cool little tidbit C.C. Thanks.

Phobia
12-31-2009, 09:09 AM
That stuff is drilled into all our heads, and it never seems to go away does it. but I'm cutting the kid a break, judging from his penmanship and pictures, I'd say he's either 8-12 years old, or a jarhead...

BTW- I got an aimpoint and a lazer sighting system, several in the squad have ACOGs, the military has changed since I got out the first time.....

Of course. But at least I've just pointed out that I'm intellectually superior to an 8 year old. Makes me feel a lot better about myself that way.

smittysbar
12-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Stay safe! Good story.

Thought I might share with you a recipe I received this morning from Demonpenz

Hey did you see my BBQ recipee?
<hr style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Hey duke, can I call you duke? Anyway I thought you needed a recipe to get your ass kicked. So here it is

one dash of indian rugburn
two dashes of eye pokes with my dirty fingers
three pinches of your back fat,
and 5 dashes of me taking a cookie cutter and pressing them so hard on your bicept it leaves an imprint of the Christmas tree cookies I baked last week. Sound good? I am sure you will need to bring napkins and serve with a nice small health insurance deductible. so come on down to DEMONPENZ house of ASS WHIP. ASSWHIPPING DAILY 7 days a week 365 days a year (not open holidays or sundays)

Thought it might come in handy over there, if you can find the ingredients.

Take care, and thanks.

HemiEd
12-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I guess I missed the whole thing about CC going over there.

I think keeping your powder dry goes back to the civil war doesn't it?

Take care of yourself CC, thanks for doing what you are doing. :thumb:

BigRedChief
12-31-2009, 09:30 AM

here's a thread about the packages that the Planet is sending over to the troops and the Planet's family members serving over in the Middle East.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217140&page=3

Phobia
12-31-2009, 09:49 AM

Guessing it goes back further than that even.

teedubya
12-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Of course. But at least I've just pointed out that I'm intellectually superior to an 8 year old. Makes me feel a lot better about myself that way.

I just want to say how grateful I am to be your friend. I try to hang around people who are smarter than 8 year olds... and you sir, qualify... barely. But, you qualify. that=win. :-)

Phobia
12-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Small victories are important too... and I know you know all about small victories.

HemiEd
12-31-2009, 10:08 AM

I bet it does, you are probably correct.

old_geezer
12-31-2009, 11:13 AM

I bet it does, you are probably correct.

"Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry" - Oliver Cromwell 1599-1658

OnTheWarpath15
12-31-2009, 11:18 AM

I do have the pictures, I don't have a computer with internet that I can put my flash drive in except that one buddy's in the neighboring tent. It's certainly on my list and with tomorrow and the next day being maintainance days, I should get it done. If I have problems posting them directly I'm emailing them to OTWP so he can do it.

The instant snow sounds classic, I'll be sure to get pics of that too, should be fun....

check your inbox, my friend.
Oh, I got 4th place in the FF league, right? Is that money back, or first in line with empty pockets? I should've started the jets D..... :mad:

Yeah, you finished one from the money.

Happy New Year.

Bowser
12-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Good to hear from you, CC. Happy holidays, and stay safe.

crazycoffey
12-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Well, just surfing around online for a bit, going to call my girl and do a phone count down for the new year. I'm 9 hours ahead of the missouri land, so got about 35 minutes to go.

Anywho, thanks for the well wishes, and happy new years to you all tonight, be safe on the roads, no drinking and driving, hug all your family/friends, and if I may be so bold to ask for a second kiss, from whomever you kiss at midnight, just for me.

giggity giggity...