PDA

View Full Version : Football Worst NFL Top-Ten List Ever?

Rain Man
01-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm watching NFL Network, and they're showing the "Ten Most Feared Tacklers".

#10 is John Lynch. John Lynch? Top ten ever? Really? Really? Maybe top 50. I've got nothing against the guy. Well, maybe it'll get better.

And then #9 is the one that proved it was stupid. Steve "Overrated" Atwater. And of course it's all about one film clip where he caught Okoye at the right angle in mid-stride. Atwater was fine, and I'll admit that he was more than adequate, but really? Scarier than Mike Curtis? Andre Tippett? Deacon Jones? Wilbur Marshall? Compared to Kenny Easley, Atwater was a prepubsescent girl. What a joke.

#8 is Jack Lambert. Maybe. I can see this. He was scary and mean. Sure. Let him on.

#7. Ray Lewis? Oh, come on. What is this, a list of overrated players? Ridiculous. And guess what? Oooh, he intimidated Eddie George. And he did a little girly dance before games. What a crock.

#6. Jack Tatum. Yeah, that probably works. Cheater and dirty player, but he hit hard.

#5. Hardy Brown. Never heard of him. Linebacker for the 49ers at 6-0, 180 pounds in the 1950s. Never heard of him, but he had some patented shoulder hit that built a reputation. If a pre-TV guy made it, I'll assume he must've deserved it. Apparently there were times that referees would search his shoulder pads because he was accused of having metal plates in there.

#4. Ronnie Lott. Fine. No problem here. In fact, he could be higher and I wouldn't complain.

#3. Lawrence Taylor. Only at #3? He's a murderer who never got caught. This is fine.

#2. Night Train Lane. Not sure he should be on here. I guess he made lots of nasty tackles, but that was pretty much just because it was leel to face mask and clothesline back then. Maybe top 20, but not #2.

#1. Dick Butkus. Predictable. He's top ten, but I'm starting to think he's more legend than man now. Maybe he's still #1, I don't know.

So...who would rather be tackled by Mean Joe Greene, Deacon Jones, Willie Lanier, Randy White, Wilbur Marshall, Gary Fencik, Andre Waters, Kenny Easley, David Fulcher, Bubba Smith, Mike Curtis, and Chuck Bednarik than be tackled by Lynch or Atwater? What a joke. No Joe Greene? Really?

Kenny Easley is #1 by a mile. No doubt about it.

Bane
01-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Joe Montana was the best tackler EVAR!!!!!

RJ
01-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Mike Curtis should have been on that list.

Buck
01-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Pollard

Bane
01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Ryan Leaf?

Beerthirty
01-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Earl Campbell hit Youngblood harder than Lynch ever hit anyone!:D Everytime I see that clip of him driving his head into his chest makes me cringe.

Pioli Zombie
01-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Glenn Dorsey.
Posted via Mobile Device