PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft New Mock

journeyscarab
01-01-2010, 06:59 PM
1.St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2.Detroit Lions: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St.
3.Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry S Tennessee
4.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
5.Cleveland Browns: Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
6.Washington Redskins: Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
7.Buffalo Bills: Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
8.Seattle Seahawks: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
9.Oakland Raiders: Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
10.Denver Broncos: Rolando McClain LB Alabama
11.Jacksonville Jaguars: Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma St.
12.San Francisco 49ers: Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
13.Tennessee Titans: Joe Haden CB Florida
14.San Francisco 49ers(From Carolina): Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
15.Miami Dolphins: Taylor Mays S USC
16.New York Jets: Dan Williams DT Tennessee
17.Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
18.Houston Texans: C.J Spiller RB Clemson
19.Atlanta Falcons: Eversen Griffen DE USC
20.New York Giants: Eric Norwood DE/OLB South Carolina
21.Seattle Seahawks: Brian Price DE UCLA
22.Baltimore Ravens: Brandon LaFell WR LSU
23.Dallas Cowboys: Javier Arenas CB Alabama
24.Green Bay Packers: Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan
25.Cincinnati Bengals: Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
26.Arizona Cardinals: Cameron Hayward DE Ohio St.
27.New England Patriots: Jahvid Best RB California
28.Minnesota Vikings: Brandon Spikes LB Florida
29.Philadelphia Eagles: Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
30.San Diego Chargers: Sergio Kindle DE/OLB Texas
31.New Orleans: Jerry Hughes OLB TCU
32.Indianapolis Colts: Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss

Chiefs Other Picks
2a:Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
2b:Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
3:Maurkice Pouncey C Florida
4:Jeff Owens DT Georgia
5a:Charles Scott RB LSU
5b:Max Hall QB BYU
5c:O'Brien Schofield OLB/DE Wisconsin
6:Aaron Hernandez TE Florida

RustShack
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Berry and Tate fuck yeah!!

the Talking Can
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM
swap tate for cody

journeyscarab
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
swap tate for cody

yeah i had him there first but then i thought you know we could got DT in FA but the same could go the other way or a later WR pick

RustShack
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Didn't the Lions draft an OT in the first two years ago?

journeyscarab
01-01-2010, 07:08 PM
yes but it hasnt worked out. they need help, i dont think they will reach for McCoy here

Just Passin' By
01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
K.C. needs a NT, so I wouldn't be stunned if the Chiefs went in that direction.

RustShack
01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I would love Inatui in the second or whatever the fuck his name is.

Old Dog
01-01-2010, 07:12 PM
K.C. needs a NT

and a safety, and some linebackers, a guard or two, maybe a TE, and a center
but I hear there's a rule where you're only allowed one guy per pick so we're pretty much screwed

Mojo Jojo
01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Honest question....
How many "franchise" safeties are top 5 picks? Anyone? In Chiefs history the three greatest Johnny Robinson was a first round pick, Gary Barbaro was a 3rd round pick and Deron Cherry was a free agent punter.

Troy Polanalu was pick #15. Is a safety really worth pick #3?

Just Passin' By
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
but I hear there's a rule where you're only allowed one guy per pick so we're pretty much screwed

Well, Pioli has worked with Belichick and is Parcells' son-in-law. Both are defensive oriented coaches, but Parcells builds from the linebackers first while Belichick builds from the D-line first. Now, since Pioli went with the D-line last year, I'm just guessing that he's following the Belichick model. That means he needs a nose tackle.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth here on CP if Pioli were to take a NT would make draft analysis threads well worth reading.

Bane
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM

ROFL

RustShack
01-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Honest question....
How many "franchise" safeties are top 5 picks? Anyone? In Chiefs history the three greatest Johnny Robinson was a first round pick, Gary Barbaro was a 3rd round pick and Deron Cherry was a free agent punter.

Sean Taylor was the last prospect who compared to Berry or Mays and he went at the top. Also with teams starting to air it out a lot more the last couple years Safety has become a big time position.. it wasn't nearly as important five years ago. Especially with all the BS rules they have added the last ten years.

Old Dog
01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Off of the top of my head, the only ones I can think if are Sean Taylor and Ronnie Lott. I'm not sure on Lott though he might have went around seven or eight.

RustShack
01-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Off of the top of my head, the only ones I can think if are Sean Taylor and Ronnie Lott. I'm not sure on Lott though he might have went around seven or eight.

I believe Bill Billichick and Scott Pioli drafted a Safety second overall when they were with the Browns. Also I think the Patriots have drafted three safeties in the first two rounds under them and really didn't need to worry about drafting a safety because they had Rodney Harrison and Lawler Milloy.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2010, 07:24 PM
wow ... williams all the way up to 16th

Otter
01-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Sean Taylor was the last prospect who compared to Berry or Mays and he went at the top. Also with teams starting to air it out a lot more the last couple years Safety has become a big time position.. it wasn't nearly as important five years ago. Especially with all the BS rules they have added the last ten years.

I can't verify it's validity but that's a damn good answer either way.

Wasn't Dorsey last years Suh? He's certainly not changing any games.

Old Dog
01-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, Pioli has worked with Belichick and is Parcells' son-in-law. Both are defensive oriented coaches, but Parcells builds from the linebackers first while Belichick builds from the D-line first. Now, since Pioli went with the D-line last year, I'm just guessing that he's following the Belichick model. That means he needs a nose tackle.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth here on CP if Pioli were to take a NT would make draft analysis threads well worth reading.

fair enough, but I don't think there's a NT that wouldn't be a tremendous reach if you're talking about our first rounder.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I believe Bill Billichick and Scott Pioli drafted a Safety second overall when they were with the Browns. Also I think the Patriots have drafted three safeties in the first two rounds under them and really didn't need to worry about drafting a safety because they had Rodney Harrison and Lawler Milloy.

The safety with the Browns was Eric Turner, who went #2 overall in 1991.

Belichick and Pioli only drafted one "safety" in the top two rounds when they were together in New England, and that was Eugene Wilson, who was actually a cornerback that they converted out of necessity. Belichick did draft Eugene Chung in the second round this season, but Pioli was already gone.

RustShack
01-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Belichick and Pioli only drafted one "safety" in the top two rounds when they were together in New England, and that was Eugene Wilson, who was actually a cornerback that they converted out of necessity. Belichick did draft Eugene Chung in the second round this season, but Pioli was already gone.

What about Meriweather? I'm pretty sure theres one more too...

Old Dog
01-01-2010, 07:47 PM
To be fair he asked how many "franchise" safeties were picked in the top 5.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Ronnie was a CB when he first came up

RustShack
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
They also drafted a Safety in rounds three and four in 04, round four in 05. But I guess i was wrong just Wilson and Merriweather in the first two... But they still did have guys like Milloy and Harrison so it wasn't really a big need.. mainly Harrison though but it did seem to be a position they value.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
What about Meriweather? I'm pretty sure theres one more too...

Meriweather is the real one I missed, because the $%$% NFL site had him down as "DB" instead of safety and I was just looking quickly for the other two. When I saw them listing Wilson as a safety, I went blank on Meriweather. Sanders and Reid were 4ths, and Scott was a 3rd.

That's my 3rd major post screw up in 24 hours. I really, really hate head colds.

Old Dog
01-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Ronnie was a CB when he first came up

He was a CB for San Francisco, but he played safety at USC

LaChapelle
01-01-2010, 07:51 PM
No Num Chucks Suh

Mojo Jojo
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM

Thank you...Sean was pick #5. I would also say with today's "open" offense a corner or true pass rusher is as, or more valuable than a safety.

HotRoute
01-01-2010, 08:17 PM
No way we take berry at 3 . I would be willing to bet on it.

Mecca
01-01-2010, 08:40 PM
No way we take berry at 3 . I would be willing to bet on it.

You're also the guy who thinks he's not worth a 1st rounder which is beyond retardation.

Brock
01-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't think they'll take Berry either. There has been one safety taken in the top 3 in the past 20 years.

Mecca
01-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Thank you...Sean was pick #5. I would also say with today's "open" offense a corner or true pass rusher is as, or more valuable than a safety.

And if you can point to me where there is one go for it...there are some nice 4-3 end prospects but we kinda flushed that.

Mecca
01-01-2010, 08:44 PM
This mock is also missing some guys that are basically guaranteed first rounders.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2010, 08:45 PM
The fact is, guys take this value system way to fucking far. The positional value system in the draft is out the window. Safeties have gone in the top 10 in 2 semi-recent drafts and we took a 5-technique last year and paid him 30 million when they typically don't get 1/3rd of that on the open market.

This offensive line is bad. The safeties are the worst in the entire NFL. Eric Berry is absolutely worthy of being a top 5 pick. The biggest need besides safety is NT and I don't think there's anyway that we draft Cody when he's a 2 down player at best.

kcchiefsus

Ever heard of Brandon Meriweather? Just wondering.

The Bad Guy
I don't think they'll take Berry either. There has been one safety taken in the top 3 in the past 20 years.

How many 5-techniques were taken in the top 3?

Mecca
01-01-2010, 08:46 PM

I was just about to post that actually...and it's Patrick Chung, Eugene Chung was some crap offensive lineman.

teedubya
01-01-2010, 08:47 PM
2a:Golden Taint WR Notre Dame

Wow, with a name like Golden Taint... I bet he gets all of the ladies.

Mecca

The only problem I have with this theory is Pioli seems to value big fat guys above all else...not to mention the fat lineman are about the only thing NE consistently hit on in the draft.

Brock

I don't know of a draft website that breaks out DEs that way

Mecca
01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I think Jackson is the first 5 tech DE that's ever been taken in the top 5...at least with that being the intention of what he does.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2010, 08:52 PM

I was just about to post that actually...and it's Patrick Chung, Eugene Chung was some crap offensive lineman.

See post #24 about Meriweather and the Chung thing is because I mentioned Eugene Wilson earlier in the post and then retyped it in front of Chung due to my haste and #$%$% head cold (and yes, Mecca, Eugene Chung was a lousy offensive lineman and a wasted draft pick).

The Bad Guy
01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't know of a draft website that breaks out DEs that way

I know that. I just don't think because safeties haven't been historically taken in the top 5 that it won't happen.

Mecca
01-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Ok the next time you do one of these, Jason Pierre Paul and Damian Williams need to be put in the first round.

Brock
01-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I know that. I just don't think because safeties haven't been historically taken in the top 5 that it won't happen.

I'm betting against it based on that history though.

RustShack
01-01-2010, 10:49 PM

We don't NEED a starting Corner, there isn't a top caliber one available... there also isn't a premier pass rusher at the top of the draft this year...

philfree
01-01-2010, 11:46 PM
We don't NEED a starting Corner, there isn't a top caliber one available... there also isn't a premier pass rusher at the top of the draft this year...

I was jsut thinking right before I opened this thread how some of the 3-4OLBs who can rush the passer would probably move up the boards between now and the draft. Especially guys who've had 15 sack seasons like Hughes did last year (he has 9 this year) or Von Miller who has 15 sacks this year. If these guys work out really good i can see them moving up the boards. To #3 maybe not however I find it funny that a guy who gets 15 sacks isn't a premier pass rusher.

PhilFree:arrow:

58kcfan89
01-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Honest question....

Are you serious?

As for Berry, I'd love to see him as a Chief, but if we find a trade-down partner and decide a Safety isn't worth a top 3 pick, it wouldn't kill me.

At WR, if we can't get Golden Tate, is anyone else a fan of Cincinnati WR Mardy Gillyard? He didn't have a good Sugar Bowl, but he's a tall, speedy WR who usually has pretty solid hands....

Deberg_1990
01-02-2010, 12:07 AM

hey, but there are 2 top QB's that would most likely be available at #3.

How anyone can say a team that has only won 9 games in 3 years doesnt need to draft a QB is beyond me...

HotRoute
01-02-2010, 12:52 AM
This mock is also missing some guys that are basically guaranteed first rounders.

Oh please enlighten us all Mecca, who is a guaranteed 1st rounder not on here?

And what's with your crush with berry anyway isn't that t.mays as your avatar?

The_Doctor10
01-02-2010, 01:38 AM

And how many 5-tech DEs have been taken in the top 3 besides Tyson Jackson in the last 20 years?

acesn8s
01-02-2010, 01:53 AM
hey, but there are 2 top QB's that would most likely be available at #3.

How anyone can say a team that has only won 9 games in 3 years doesnt need to fix the O-line is beyond me...FYP

keg in kc
01-02-2010, 01:57 AM
FYPOr the LBs. Or the WRs. Or the pass rush. Or any of a dozen other spots on the roster.

We're in the unenviable position where pretty much any pick any position can be a major upgrade.

HotRoute
01-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Exactly, the draft is about upgrading our roster

Danman
01-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't think Detroit takes the offensive tackle here, but if they do, this may be the year a trade down in the top 5 works. It's an uncapped year. I'm looking at Cleveland, Washington, Buffalo, Seattle, Oakland, Denver, and Jacksonville who might like Clausen or Bradford. They know neither KC nor Tampa Bay will pick QB, but Cleveland probably with new GM. So you have to leap frog over Cleveland. If we to a little less value we might be able to slide down to the 5-11th slot, pick up another pick or two, and still may have a shot at Berry. I don't think it's likely, but for trade partners we just have to give teams a better deal than Tampa.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2010, 10:26 AM
change Berry to Clausen and Coogs will give you oral sex

1. Clausen
2. Golden Tate

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't think Detroit takes the offensive tackle here, but if they do, this may be the year a trade down in the top 5 works. It's an uncapped year. I'm looking at Cleveland, Washington, Buffalo, Seattle, Oakland, Denver, and Jacksonville who might like Clausen or Bradford. They know neither KC nor Tampa Bay will pick QB, but Cleveland probably with new GM. So you have to leap frog over Cleveland. If we to a little less value we might be able to slide down to the 5-11th slot, pick up another pick or two, and still may have a shot at Berry. I don't think it's likely, but for trade partners we just have to give teams a better deal than Tampa.

Take Clasusen and see who offers to trade.
If no takers send Cassel to Denver in a trade.

Extra Point
01-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I have to agree with this one: http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

Mr. Laz
01-02-2010, 10:48 AM
what we should of done last year with Sanchez

at the very least we take Sanchez and then force the Jets to basically let us trade down to their spot. The jets take Sanchez at #3 and we end up with Tyson jackson at #5 or better yet we trade down again from #5 and end up taking jackson 10-15.

but we were too chicken

Mr. Arrowhead
01-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I have to agree with this one: http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010.php
shoot me in the fucking head, if this happens

Mr_Tomahawk
01-02-2010, 10:49 AM
shoot me in the ****ing head, if this happens

This.

KCDC
01-02-2010, 11:10 AM

I'd be willing to take that chance.

notorious
01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
This.

This.

Brock
01-02-2010, 12:48 PM
And how many 5-tech DEs have been taken in the top 3 besides Tyson Jackson in the last 20 years?

Asked and answered.

eazyb81
01-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Von Miller in the 2nd is a nice pick.

I'm hoping we can nab Miller, Graham, or Norwood with one of our 2nd round picks to get a rush backer we can build around.

Frankie
01-02-2010, 01:05 PM
This draft omits ANY O-line help. It's pretty dumb.

KCrockaholic
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
As much as I would love for our real draft to play out this way... I really don't see it happening.

bevischief
01-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Berry and Tate fuck yeah!!

this
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Von Miller in the 2nd is a nice pick.

I'm hoping we can nab Miller, Graham, or Norwood with one of our 2nd round picks to get a rush backer we can build around.

Not a fan of Ricky Sapp eh? He's going to go right in that same area.

nychief
01-02-2010, 02:12 PM
umm... we have Jon McGraw... a former 2nd rnd pick already... why are we talking about safety still?

Mecca
01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
umm... we have Jon McGraw... a former 2nd rnd pick already... why are we talking about safety still?

Don't do that when I'm taking a drink do you want me to choke to death?

Thig Lyfe
01-02-2010, 02:14 PM
MAX HALL QBOTF!!!!!!!