PDA

View Full Version : Football Marsha! Marsha!! Marsha!!!

Otter
01-01-2010, 09:30 PM
As I watch the Gators Game I ask myself these question:

Can all of strive to be more like Tim Tebow?
Am I good enough to be like Tim Tebow?
If Tim Tebow fought Chuck Norris who would win?

keg in kc
01-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Tim Tebow brought peace to all mankind, so there's no possibility of a fight with Chuck Norris.

Bugeater
01-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Not even Tim Tebow can be good enough to be like Tim Tebow.

Otter
01-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Tim Tebow brought peace to all mankind, so there's no possibility of a fight with Chuck Norris.

It's silly isn't it? It's like listening to John Madden in heat calling a Brett Farve comeback.

JD10367
01-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Part of me wants to see this kid flame out in the pros just so I don't have to hear about him any more.

Bugeater
01-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Part of me wants to see this kid flame out in the pros just so I don't have to hear about him any more.
If you ever want to be as good as Tim Tebow you're going to have to stop making hurtful comments like that.

Otter
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM

I'm predicting Jacksonville drafts him in the 1st and starts him way too early to sell tickets. The guy is probably going to need at least two years to become pro-caliber.

So in my worthless prediction that is a good expectation.

JD10367
01-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm predicting Jacksonville drafts him in the 1st and starts him way too early to sell tickets. The guy is probably going to need at least two years to become pro-caliber.

So in my worthless prediction that is a good expectation.

Everyone's anticipating his failure. But, IMO, heart and intangibles count for a lot. Tom Brady went in the 6th round, Ryan Leaf went 2nd overall. :shrug: Doug Flutie never got a fair shake, but whenever he got a chance to play the guy made things happen. Chad Pennington played above his physical attributes and, if he wasn't so fragile, would've had a nice career IMO. If Tebow gets in the right situation, with a good coach who knows how best to use him, he could do well. Unfortunately, as you surmise, he'll probably go somewhere where they won't know what the hell to do with him, and he'll get thrown to the wolves way too early.

Otter
01-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Everyone's anticipating his failure. But, IMO, heart and intangibles count for a lot. Tom Brady went in the 6th round, Ryan Leaf went 2nd overall. :shrug: Doug Flutie never got a fair shake, but whenever he got a chance to play the guy made things happen. Chad Pennington played above his physical attributes and, if he wasn't so fragile, would've had a nice career IMO. If Tebow gets in the right situation, with a good coach who knows how best to use him, he could do well. Unfortunately, as you surmise, he'll probably go somewhere where they won't know what the hell to do with him, and he'll get thrown to the wolves way too early.

I think Tebow can be a Steve Young type QB given time to develop. He really doesn't need to abandon his feet skills, just needs know when to use them thus the development.

I like the kid and wish him the best, just getting a little over the top on Tebow love from the announcers, commercials etc.

88TG88
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I think Tebow can be a Vince Young type QB given time to develop. He really doesn't need to abandon his feet skills, just needs know when to use them thus the development.

I like the kid and wish him the best, just getting a little over the top on Tebow love from the announcers, commercials etc.

fyp

Tebow will never be as accurate as Steve.

cdcox
01-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Flutie has a career passer rating of 76.3. That's what he is, no better, no worse. I'ts like making a case for Jeff Blake, Bobby Hebert, Jay Fiedler, Stan Humphries, Wade Wilson, Jon Kitna, or Vinny Testaverde, who all had similar passer ratings. It's just not worth the effort.

Pennington is the same way. Even when he's healthy, he is extremely limited because he cannot use the whole field. He plays better than his body should let him, but its never going to be at a championship level.

If these guys are the prototype for Tebow, its just more reason to stay far, far away.

Otter
01-01-2010, 10:11 PM
fyp

Tebow will never be as accurate as Steve.

I've never seen his accuracy get too much flak. He gets beaten up on the style of offense he's running and how it will transition to the pros. If he has the time he can hit short, med and long.