PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you think Pendergast will be back?

wild1
01-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I just wondered what the feeling is. Do you think he will be retained? (Not 'should he')

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Absofuckinglutely not. He's done. Most likely within the next 7 days.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2010, 09:38 PM
No. Someone has to take the fall.

RustShack
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
If hes not shown the door black Monday then Pioli and Haley should be.

Easy 6
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Hopefully not, i just took 16 Rolaids & stopped drinking so we'll see...

cdcox
01-02-2010, 09:40 PM
He'll be fired. There will have to be scape goats and I think he was only hired because he was available at the late date the staff came together.

Brock
None of these guys should be back. Not one.

SPATCH
there's going to be a lot of turnover in the coaching staff... he's gone.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Greg Robinson will return to his KC roots..

Johnny Vegas
01-02-2010, 09:55 PM
I fuckin hope not. I want a competitive team that can grow better. Not shittier.

BossChief
01-02-2010, 10:09 PM
We should hire Tedy Brushci as our LB coach
Vinny Testarerde as qb coach
Wade Phillips as the DC
Charlie Weiss as OC

THAT would be dreamy!

Clancy wasn't even hired as the DC, he was the default DC after we couldnt get an upgrade. They even said so in the media in saying they werent done adding coaches and then a couple days later Romeo said no and then the coaches were assigned to their positions.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2010, 10:12 PM
We should hire Tedy Brushci as our LB coach
Vinny Testarerde as qb coach
Wade Phillips as the DC
Charlie Weiss as OC

THAT would be dreamy!

Clancy wasn't even hired as the DC, he was the default DC after we couldnt get an upgrade. They even said so in the media in saying they werent done adding coaches and then a couple days later Romeo said no and then the coaches were assigned to their positions.

I don't know how much of this is a joke, and how much is serious but I think Wade Phillips would be AWESOME as our D coordinator.

Bugeater
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the entire staff was retained.

Easy 6
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Greg Robinson will return to his KC roots..

LOL, NOOO!

Hammock Parties
01-02-2010, 10:21 PM

Nothing like an early warning sign.

They do that, write all the fuckers off right then and there.

DeezNutz
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM

...Then Pioli won't be fired fast enough because he's even more incompetent than some feared.

Sweet Dick Willy
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
He suck.

BossChief
01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't know how much of this is a joke, and how much is serious but I think Wade Phillips would be AWESOME as our D coordinator.

that was really the only part that was truly serious.

The rest was for reaction and to create conversation, as there is some reasoning for each but they obviously werent meant as to be taken literally.

Testaverde was a Parcells QB for quite awhile and would be teaching Cassel from experience under a similar system he played in, even though time has tweaked it.

TB is a great leader and his previous experience running the defense is something that would benefit our (presumably) new MLBs we are sure to aquire.

Weiss is a good mentor and a decent coordinator. His offenses in the pros and college have been quite good imo.

I hadnt seen much talk about who some possible fits would be and thought I would kick in some posibilities that would get burned down by better suggestions and then maybe this boat could get on the water, ya dig?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
He suck.

You gonna give him the sweet dick, willy?

DeezNutz
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM

That would be sweet, dick darth willy.

Bugeater
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
...Then Pioli won't be fired fast enough because he's even more incompetent than some feared.
Well don't forget we're talking about an organization that needed a month to decide whether or not to fire Herm.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
that was really the only part that was truly serious.

The rest was for reaction and to create conversation, as there is some reasoning for each but they obviously werent meant as to be taken literally.

Testaverde was a Parcells QB for quite awhile and would be teaching Cassel from experience under a similar system he played in, even though time has tweaked it.

TB is a great leader and his previous experience running the defense is something that would benefit our (presumably) new MLBs we are sure to aquire.

Weiss is a good mentor and a decent coordinator. His offenses in the pros and college have been quite good imo.

I hadnt seen much talk about who some possible fits would be and thought I would kick in some posibilities that would get burned down by better suggestions and then maybe this boat could get on the water, ya dig?

Well, I'm not a big fan of Weis, but I think we could do a lot worse. I wouldn't cry if he was hired. I do though, hope like fuck that we don't hire Romeo Crennel. Have you seen those beer commercials with the cans talking to him and shit? I believe that really happened.

cdcox
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Problem is that Testaverde always had a million dollar body and a ten-cent brain. Typically you want your QB-coach coming from the other direction.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
That would be sweet, dick darth willy.

You me be on to something there.

You gonna give him the sweet Carl Satan juice, Willy?

DeezNutz
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Steve DeBerg.

DeezNutz
You me be on to something there.

You gonna give him the sweet Carl Satan juice, Willy?

Raised on Carl Dick?

Mr. Flopnuts
Steve DeBerg.

He's not quite 100% vested into social security yet. We'll have to wait until 2013.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Raised on Carl Dick?

LMAO That's the winner!

MMXcalibur
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Fuck and no.

BossChief
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Well, I'm not a big fan of Weis, but I think we could do a lot worse. I wouldn't cry if he was hired. I do though, hope like fuck that we don't hire Romeo Crennel. Have you seen those beer commercials with the cans talking to him and shit? I believe that really happened.

I dont have faith in Romeo coming here and turning around our defense.

We missed the boat on Mike Nolan last year because of how we drug our feet, hopefully we dont make that mistake again by letting Wade slip through the cracks. If I were in charge, I would offer him an outrageous deal to come and be our DC.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM

We missed the boat on Mike Nolan last year because of how we drug our feet, hopefully we dont make that mistake again by letting Wade slip through the cracks. If I were in charge, I would offer him an outrageous deal to come and be our DC.

Absolutely. He's worth more than any 1 player AFAIC. Certainly we can afford to make him an offer he can't refuse.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/195760/e494fa1b12_pioli_0115_medium.jpg

Bugeater
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM

Well he kinda has to be fired first...

Brock
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
After their usual first round playoff loss, I'm pretty sure he'll be available.

BossChief
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Well he kinda has to be fired first...

He is the last year of his contract. He would need to be re-signed iirc

I have heard numerous rumors that Shannahan will be the Dallas coach next year and that unless WP wins at minimum one playoff game, he wont be made an offer to return.

We'll see.

Sweet Dick Willy
01-02-2010, 10:44 PM

I'mma send Ann Coulter over there to give him the "Adams Apple/October Surprise".

Bugeater
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
He is the last year of his contract. He would need to be re-signed iirc

I have heard numerous rumors that Shannahan will be the Dallas coach next year and that unless WP wins at minimum one playoff game, he wont be made an offer to return.

We'll see.
Ah, I did not know he was in his last year, it's very rare for that to happen.

alanm
01-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I'll take no for $100 Alex.

alanm
01-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Abso****inglutely not. He's done. Most likely within the next 7 days.Monday is Black Monday. Why should Pendergast be any different. And Krumrie as well.

BossChief
01-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Ah, I did not know he was in his last year, it's very rare for that to happen.

He mentions in an interview that he realizes the pressure is to win a championship, not just make the playoffs in Dallas and that this playoffs is pivotal

If we fire Clancy and dont bring in someone within a week, I will start to get excited.

I cant see how he can keep his job with how the defense performed late in the year.

BossChief
01-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Krumrie as well.

I will be very surprised if Krumrie goes anywhere.

kcxiv
01-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Nope. He was never supposed to be the DC as it was. He was just a temp guy.

Reerun_KC
01-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Nope. He was never supposed to be the DC as it was. He was just a temp guy.This, he wasnt hired to be the DC in the first place....

So I wouldnt be surprised if he isnt demoted to another position when a new DC comes along...

BossChief
01-02-2010, 11:03 PM
This, he wasnt hired to be the DC in the first place....

So I wouldnt be surprised if he isnt demoted to another position when a new DC comes along...

Interesting take. I wonder if it has been established with him last year, that they didnt look at him as the permanent DC and that he would be relegated to position work once they upgraded.

I doubt it, but its very possible.

Reerun_KC
01-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Interesting take. I wonder if it has been established with him last year, that they didnt look at him as the permanent DC and that he would be relegated to position work once they upgraded.

I doubt it, but its very possible.

When he was hired, IRC, he wasnt the DC.... When they couldnt get a DC, because how late it was in the offseason or they person the wanted wasnt ready... Then they promoted him to the DC spot temporarly from what i remember...

So I can see him taking a different position and staying on staff... JMO...

BossChief
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
here is one of the first posts of the thread:

When he was hired, IRC, he wasnt the DC.... When they couldnt get a DC, because how late it was in the offseason or they person the wanted wasnt ready... Then they promoted him to the DC spot temporarly from what i remember...

So I can see him taking a different position and staying on staff... JMO...

You aint gotta tell me preacher.

Bowser
01-02-2010, 11:20 PM
If Pendergast comes back, the whole coaching staff will come back.

Sweet Dick Willy
01-02-2010, 11:21 PM

And we all win!

BossChief
01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
And we all win!

to the buey!!!!!111eleventy!!!!1111111

Reerun_KC
01-02-2010, 11:23 PM

what makes you think that?

Bowser
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM

Pendergast has no reason coming back to this team. If they don't have the stones to give him a pink slip, it's likely they won't pink slip any of them.

DeezNutz
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM

What individual coach (besides Haley) has failed more miserably than Clancy?--used b/c his first name sounds tough.

tyler360
01-02-2010, 11:55 PM
If he comes back i know not to care about the chiefs anymore because they are all idiots.

Reerun_KC
01-02-2010, 11:59 PM
What individual coach (besides Haley) has failed more miserably than Clancy?--used b/c his first name sounds tough.

JMO, I dont think he will be removed from the staff, but he wont be the DC next year...

He wasnt brought here to be the DC in the first place...

Ralphy Boy
01-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Depending on who is hired to take his place, Clancy probably becomes the DB coach. JMO

When reading his bio from kcchiefs.com (http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/clancy_pendergast/), parts of it sound to me like it was written for a secondary coach.

In addition, this veteran coach will also work closely with Kansas City’s defensive backs.

Known for getting the most out of his defensive backs, Pendergast helped Cardinals S Adrian Wilson earn Pro Bowl berths following the 2006 and 2008 campaigns. In 2007, the Cardinals set single-season franchise records with six INT returns for TDs and 551 INT return yards.

coaching the club’s defensive backs coach (2001-02). In both 2000 and 2001, the Cowboys ranked third in the NFL in pass defense. I