PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you believe Bowe's story about his grandmother giving him the diuretic?

Hammock Parties
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Seems fishy. He makes millions of dollars and he goes to GRAMMY?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1661464-p2.html

Bowe wanted a sure thing. He had been overweight when he reported last spring to the team’s offseason conditioning program. Now, he was sore from the marathon conditioning sessions during the first week of training camp and desperate for relief.

He says he couldn’t afford to slow down. Haley’s requirements were tough on the body, and Bowe says now that some days were tougher than others. He says he called his grandmother, Dorothy Williams, and asked for a remedy. Something to ease the cramps he’d been having.

“I told my grandma to send me something,” Bowe says.

He says now that his grandmother keeps her “cramp medicine” next to her water pills and that Williams unknowingly sent the wrong thing. Bowe says he took it anyway. After taking a pill he says was a diuretic, a banned substance by the NFL because some diuretics are taken to cut weight or mask the use of steroids, Bowe weighed himself. He says that before he took the pill, he was 3 pounds heavier than his suggested playing weight. After taking it, he says, he was 6 pounds under his target.

“I was real light,” he says. “I was like, ‘How did I lose all this weight?’ ”

Bowe says he called his grandmother, and he says now that she had no idea what she had sent. Bowe says he thought it was a potassium supplement, which was not against the rules. But Bowe says his grandmother sent him something different — and couldn’t tell him what it was. He says now that he doesn’t know the name of the substance he took and that his grandmother doesn’t know, either.

“I tried to ask her,” he says. “She’s old.”

Bowe says he took only the one pill, nervous after the drastic weight loss. But weeks later, there was a note in his locker at Chiefs headquarters. He says he thought he’d been fined for some on-the-field theatrics.

DeezNutz
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
PEDs? That's not something I do or would do. I have to be a role model for the kids. /Bowe/

OnTheWarpath15
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I'll take, "I don't give a shit" for $1000, Alex.

It's over and done with.

Phobia
01-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Seems fishy. He makes millions of dollars and he goes to GRAMMY?

For a lot of people, family is something important. If dude is gonna lie about something stupid I'm sure he could do better than a grandma concoction.

soopamanluva
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
doesnt really matter now

kcxiv
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I am taking waterpills, you just piss so much its insane. I dont know if his story is true or not, but they are made to clean out the system that much i know. lol When you take one, they are in effect for 4 hours, but you also have big time nausea the first week you take them.

i just read the label its Hydrochlorothiazide.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-5310-Hydrochlorothiazide+Oral.aspx?drugid=5310&drugname=Hydrochlorothiazide+Oral

RAWR
01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Hell I'm drunk on the koolaid..and can't even read the topic, so no way grandma has hair on her chest and Bowe doesn't eat the browneye.

FloridaMan88
01-02-2010, 11:38 PM
The Chiefs should stay away from drafting a player from LSU for a few years... at least.

Shaid
01-03-2010, 12:51 AM
If it's not true he is a complete ass for blaming grandma. I'd think if he was going to lie he's of thought up something a little more clever than this.

Phobia
01-03-2010, 01:03 AM
The Chiefs should stay away from drafting a player from LSU for a few years... at least.

Why is that? Is it because every single player from LSU is destined to fail in the Chiefs system? I've never quite figured out this rationale.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 01:06 AM

It's over and done with.

This.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 01:06 AM

Yea Dorsey & Bowe suck.

CrazyPhuD
01-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Damn I wish my grandma was cool enough to keep water pills in the medicine cabinet. Mine only has roids she takes before her MMA training.

googlegoogle
01-03-2010, 01:55 AM
If true then he should have said so to the NFL offices.

Shaid
01-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Damn I wish my grandma was cool enough to keep water pills in the medicine cabinet. Mine only has roids she takes before her MMA training.

Lots of older people have water pills that they use in conjuction with other medication. My wife's grandpa and my dad both have been taking water pills during the last year.

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2010, 02:09 AM
What is the point of believing or disbelieving something like this?

alanm
01-03-2010, 02:12 AM
What is the point of believing or disbelieving something like this?I believe him. I have no reason not to. Now if it happens again.....

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Lots of older people have water pills that they use in conjuction with other medication. My wife's grandpa and my dad both have been taking water pills during the last year.Yeah, its called Lasics or something like that. My dad takes them. Very popular with older people. Helps with edema and circulation.

Galileo Humpkins
01-03-2010, 02:58 AM

What's it like having Carina Damm as a grandma?

Johnny Vegas
01-03-2010, 03:17 AM
I would trust granny over some dude outside the liquor store sellin it.

KcMizzou
01-03-2010, 03:20 AM

It's over and done with.That

Phobia
01-03-2010, 03:56 AM
If true then he should have said so to the NFL offices.

I'm sure he did. But it just doesn't matter. Once you pop it's done. Period.

Galileo Humpkins
01-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Once you pop it's done. Period.

On the contrary, I've heard that once you pop, the fun don't stop.

soundmind
01-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Where did I put that blasted Bullsh*t Buzzer I got for Christmas last year....

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 06:00 AM
What is the point of believing or disbelieving something like this?

Why does anything we feel have a point? My gut reaction was "this is fishy."

bevischief
01-03-2010, 06:05 AM
That is a new low, who does he blame the drops on?

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Its better than the package Morgan Freeman gives HIS grandchildren.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
01-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Why does anything we feel have a point? My gut reaction was "this is fishy."

Which is why your scientific poll is so accurate and excellent.

Phobia
01-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Its better than the package Morgan Freeman gives HIS grandchildren.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am not ashamed to admit that you finally posted a funny. Credit where it's due.

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2010, 07:16 AM
I am not ashamed to admit that you finally posted a funny. Credit where it's due.
Morgan Freeman jokes never get old and he deserves the ridicule.

Where does Morgan Freeman go to meet chicks?

Chuck E Cheese
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
01-03-2010, 07:17 AM

Chuck E Cheese
Posted via Mobile DeviceThe first one was a lot better.

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2010, 07:19 AM
The first one was a lot better.
I guess so. Besides, Chuck E Cheeses are filled with MILFS.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
01-03-2010, 07:21 AM

Chuck E Cheese
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just going to pretend I didn't click back into this thread for the disappointment. Leaving now, basking in the beauty of the original Freeman quip.

the Talking Can
01-03-2010, 10:23 AM
that's one of the dumbest lies of all time

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
If it's a lie, he's a douchebag for throwing grandma under the bus.

If it's true, he's a douchbag for hiding behind grandma's skirt.

He should have left grandma out of it.

DumbHillbillies
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Bowe you fail. I don't think its possible to urinate that much weight off with just one pill. It would have to be a very, very high dose. Secondly, why would drag your grandmother into this.:shake:

Granny: Dwayne baby, I'm gonna whoop your ass for f*cking up my rep. Go get grandma her belt.

DumbHillbillies
01-03-2010, 10:42 AM
that's one of the dumbest lies of all time

LMAO So true and unnecessary.

Easy 6
01-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Not for one second could i believe such an outlandish excuse, when i first read this a few days ago i could hardly imagine a more childish fabrication.

Dwayne, you can still Rule the World... but you better get right with God ASAP.

'Its Grandmama's fault...' = garbage :shake:.