PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports 20 Most Despicable Coaches

oaklandhater
01-03-2010, 06:14 AM
http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/200909/meanest-coaches-belichick-isiah-thomas-bob-knight-despicable-slideshow#slide=17

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2010, 07:39 AM
14. Bill Belichick

The three-time Super Bowl–winning leader of the New England Patriots is widely considered the best coach in pro football. He’s also a notorious cheater (he was fined a record $500,000 by the NFL for illegally videotaping opposing teams’ defensive signals), a lousy sport (he stalked off the field before the clock ran out in the Pats’ 2008 Super Bowl loss), and an alleged home wrecker (he was accused of a long-running affair with a woman who was a receptionist for his former employer the New York Giants). “I don’t care if Belichick wins twenty Super Bowls,” Hall of Famer Mike Ditka has said. “He’s an asshole.”

ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Fuck yes. I love the old school.

In his thirty-three-year head-coaching career, twenty-eight of those at Ohio State, Woody Hayes frequently beat the snot out of his players during practice. He pummeled TV cameramen and photographers. He was so pathologically violent, he once slashed his own face with a ring after a loss. During the 1978 Gator Bowl, with the clock winding down in what would be his final game as a coach, the 65-year-old Hayes clotheslined Clemson’s Charlie Bauman following his game-clinching interception. When one of his own players tried to restrain Hayes, he got socked, too. At Hayes’s funeral, close friend and fellow national disgrace Richard Nixon delivered the eulogy: “The incident…in 1978 would have destroyed an ordinary man. But Woody was not an ordinary man.”

Norman Einstein
01-03-2010, 07:49 AM
ROFL

14. Bill Belichick

The three-time Super Bowl–winning leader of the New England Patriots is widely considered the best coach in pro football. He’s also a notorious cheater (he was fined a record $500,000 by the NFL for illegally videotaping opposing teams’ defensive signals), a lousy sport (he stalked off the field before the clock ran out in the Pats’ 2008 Super Bowl loss), and an alleged home wrecker (he was accused of a long-running affair with a woman who was a receptionist for his former employer the New York Giants). “I don’t care if Belichick wins twenty Super Bowls,” Hall of Famer Mike Ditka has said. “He’s an asshole.”

The once high, the once mighty, the crybaby, the poor sport, the cheater, the adulterer, the home wrecker. ROFL And Mike Ditka got it right!

Anyone ever wonder how effective his cheating with the video tapes was?

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Holy fuck.

A thousand Bobby Knights coaching for a thousand years couldn’t pile up enough dark deeds to touch the devilry this T-ball coach—that’s right, T-ball—conjured one afternoon in Dunbar, Pennsylvania. On that 2005 day, 27-year-old Mark Downs Jr. offered one of his Falcons a cash bonus to injure a player on his own team. Downs instructed 8-year-old Keith Reese Jr. to use the pregame warm-up to bean 9-year-old Harry Bowers, who was autistic and visually impaired, so he couldn’t take the field in a crucial playoff game. Explains Keith: “Mark told me that if I hit Harry in the face with the ball, he’d pay me $25 and then Harry would be out of the game.” When his first attempt nailed his teammate in the groin, Downs told Keith to “try hitting him harder.” The next ball struck Harry’s ear, drawing blood and sending him to the hospital. Downs, father of four (including two girls who played for the Falcons), was charged with criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault. Harry’s mom says the incident left her son scared of sports. Final score: Evil 1, Humanity 0.

Chief Pote
01-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Figures...GQ? Some pussy wrote that article. I think Woody would tell the players to grow some and man up.

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Holy ****.

:eek:

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 08:02 AM
He's like the reincarnation of the Karate Kid sensei.

Sweep the leg!

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2010, 08:09 AM

Sweep the leg!

Get him a body bag! Yeah!!!!

penguinz
01-03-2010, 08:09 AM

Sweep the leg!If you are going to quote bad movies at least get it correct.

The quote is....

Sweep the leg Johnny!

On a side note.... The new Karate Kid movie looks worse the the original. Not to mention the fact the movie is called Karate Kid yet it takes place in China and he is being taught Kung Fu not Karate.

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2010, 08:14 AM
If you are going to quote bad movies at least get it correct.

The quote is....

Sweep the leg Johnny!

On a side note.... The new Karate Kid movie looks worse the the original. Not to mention the fact the movie is called Karate Kid yet it takes place in China and he is being taught Kung Fu not Karate.

Wrong, it's "Sweep the leg... Do you have a problem with that?"

Check the video at 5:29. Also on IMDB's memorable quotes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWbFWHrJ0CU&feature=related
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087538/quotes

If you're gonna call someone out for misquoting something, you should make doubly sure YOU'RE not the one who's wrong.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Get him a body bag! Yeah!!!!

Do you have a problem with that?

I always thought Kreese was like an asshole version of Harrison Ford.

Bane
01-03-2010, 08:19 AM
1 Josh McDaniels.End of thread.