PDA

View Full Version : Football J.E.T.S. Jets! Jets! Jets!

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Get the win tonight New York! Don't even give Denver a chance of going to the playoffs. Hopefully we win and it doesn't even come down to this. But I'm rooting for the Jets tonight to take down Cincy.

Bane
01-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Whatever it takes to keep the Donkholes out.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I think some of you want Denver out more than some of us want Denver in... it's really weird. If Denver advances, fantastic... but, I'm not going to let it ruin my year if they miss out.

Bane
01-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I think some of you want Denver out more than some of us want Denver in... it's really weird. If Denver advances, fantastic... but, I'm not going to let it ruin my year if they miss out.

I can agree with that.

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:24 AM

I think your correct lol. Basically since the Chiefs and Chargers aren't really a rivalry, it's ok to Chiefs fans if SD goes to the playoffs (if the Chiefs can't). But we hate to see either Denver or Chokeland ever go the playoffs. Capiece?

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I think your correct lol. Basically since the Chiefs and Chargers aren't really a rivalry, it's ok to Chiefs fans if SD goes to the playoffs (if the Chiefs can't). But we hate to see either Denver or Chokeland ever go the playoffs. Capiece?

As much as I hate the Raiders (my most hated rival) and the Donkeys, I really don't give a rat's ass one way or the other if either make the playoffs.

They earn the chance to compete in the playoffs, that's just the way it goes.

The only thing I really care about is the fact that my Chiefs suck, and I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of watching loss after loss, and dammit, I want to see a fucking win.

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
As much as I hate the Raiders (my most hated rival) and the Donkeys, I really don't give a rat's ass one way or the other if either make the playoffs.

The only thing I really care about is the fact that my Chiefs suck, and I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of watching loss after loss, and dammit, I want to see a ****ing win.

This too. That's why I'm on the "get the win" bandwagon, rather than caring about draft position.

DBOSHO
01-03-2010, 10:34 AM
What are the scenarios? Is it win and theyre in?

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:36 AM
What are the scenarios? Is it win and theyre in?

The Jets win, and the Jets are in.

Of course I am counting in the fact that I think Baltimore will man-handle Oakland today also.

Baltimore is 5th seed right now. Jets are 6th seed. If the Jets lose, and say possibly we lose, Denver would be in.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM
i'm torn ... i don't want Denver or the Jets to make the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM

Oh, I get the point of view... just glad I'm not forced into it.

I'm curious though... how did KC fans become so passionate about your team? I get the Packers, Steelers and teams like that - I understand the fan devotion.

But, considering that most of the people on this forum were fans after 1980... pure guess on my part, but I think a small percentage were 70's or 60's fans of the Chiefs... what sparked the intense devotion?

1970s (70-79): 4 seasons over .500 / 6 seasons under .500
1980s (80-89): 3 seasons over .500 / 5 under .500 / 2 at .500
1990s (90-99): 9 seasons over .500 / 1 under .500
2000s (00-09): 3 seasons over .500 / 6 seasons under .500 / 1 season at .500

In 40 seasons... the 90s were obviously the greatest decade for the franchise and very likely where a core of the current fan base points to and says "that's why I love KC".

The decade of the 90s skews things a bit since they doubled the wins of any of the other three decades.

40 years - 19 over .500 / 18 under .500 / 3 at .500

The Chiefs organization should really have a statue of Marty put up at the stadium or rename it in his honor.

Oh... good luck today. ROFL

(Denver has 25* seasons over .500 and 9 under .500 with 6 at .500 ... *the game today decides the other one)

Bugeater
01-03-2010, 10:38 AM
i'm torn ... i don't want Denver or the Jets to make the playoffs.
What do you have against the Jets?

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
The Chiefs organization should really have a statue of Marty put up at the stadium or rename it in his honor.

Okay, fuck you, just fuck you.

Give me a picture of Marty in my toilet so I can shit on it.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Okay, **** you, just **** you.

Give me a picture of Marty in my toilet so I can shit on it.

:LOL: Hey, I'm doing my best this morning to sling franchise smackage...

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:42 AM
The 90's probably made most of us die-hard Chiefs fans...I honestly don't know. Kansas City is a great sports town in general, so maybe that has something to do with it. But I must agree, KC fans really seem to hate Marty, but they never give him credit for what he did with this team compared to the other coaches besides Hank Stram.

But really, the Chiefs have plenty of history. Most is just that though, the 60's were the all-decade team for us.

01-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I was thinking about starting the game thread but didnt want to gloat about something that was given to them on a silver platter!

Sanchez was awful when it was 40 degreees out last time..I wonder if fatso has come up with a secret game plan for him..its gonna be wind chill of 1 degrree tonight

Mile High Mania
01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
The 90's probably made most of us die-hard Chiefs fans...I honestly don't know. Kansas City is a great sports town in general, so maybe that has something to do with it. But I must agree, KC fans really seem to hate Marty, but they never give him credit for what he did with this team compared to the other coaches besides Hank Stram.

But really, the Chiefs have plenty of history. Most is just that though, the 60's were the all-decade team for us.

Yeah, and it could be a regional thing... the fans travel well, kinda like Nebraska fans, etc. Every Sunday there is a large crew of KC fans at Wizards on Sunday... it kinda blows me away.

Bane
01-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Oh, I get the point of view... just glad I'm not forced into it.

I'm curious though... how did KC fans become so passionate about your team? I get the Packers, Steelers and teams like that - I understand the fan devotion.

(Denver has 25* seasons over .500 and 9 under .500 with 6 at .500 ... *the game today decides the other one)

For me its just plain old loyalty.I started watching them when I was a kid and have just always liked the team.I don't need the SB wins to be a fan but yes,it would be nice to actually compete more often.

Thank for the good luck,you will surely need it.:bang::donks:

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM

Just exactly what did Marty do?

Win a a lot of what meaningless games while losing in the playoffs?

Woofuckinghoo.

At the end of teh fucking day, we didn't win shit.

Fuck him.

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, and it could be a regional thing... the fans travel well, kinda like Nebraska fans, etc. Every Sunday there is a large crew of KC fans at Wizards on Sunday... it kinda blows me away.

we really are some of the most loyal fans you will ever find. You can call it dumb-loyalty though. Because its kind of true.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM
What do you have against the Jets?
why in the hell would i want the Jets to make the playoff and have to listen to the Sanchez ballwashers talk all offseason about how great he is?

why would anyone outside of New York want any of their teams to be successful in anything? I mean we don't have to hear about New York this, New York that ... enough already?

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Just exactly what did Marty do?

Win a a lot of what meaningless games while losing in the playoffs?

Woo****inghoo.

At the end of teh ****ing day, we didn't win shit.

**** him.

I'm not going to to answer your question lol. But it is funny how much you hate him. Are you Greg Hill?

Buehler445
01-03-2010, 10:49 AM

The only thing I really care about is the fact that my Chiefs suck, and I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of watching loss after loss, and dammit, I want to see a fucking win.

This. if we beat the goddamned motherfucking donko bitchcunts, they're out. Let's cheer for that.

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:50 AM
why in the hell would i want the Jets to make the playoff and have to listen to the Sanchez ballwashers talk all offseason about how great he is?

why would anyone outside of New York want any of their teams to be successful in anything? I mean we don't have to hear about New York this, New York that ... enough already?

The Jets won't win a playoff game, so I highly doubt you'll hear much from the Sanchez "ballwashers".

And the only reason you ever hear anything from the Sanchez "ballwashers" anyway is because dumbfucks like you can't let it go.

KCrockaholic
01-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Sanchez has sucked this year! If the Jets go to the playoffs, it goes to the defense, not Sanchez. If the Jets had a decent QB, they would be at least 12-4 right now.

01-03-2010, 10:51 AM

Dude, Sanchez will be awful tonight..he said he never even practiced in 40 degree weather before

ROFL

We'll see what happens on national TV tonight you bitter Royals fan

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm not going to to answer your question lol. But it is funny how much you hate him. Are you Greg Hill?

I hate him because he played not to lose, and I hate that fucking approach.

LaChapelle
01-03-2010, 10:52 AM
THere isn't much there to wash for Sanchise right now

01-03-2010, 10:52 AM
I hate him because he played not to lose, and I hate that ****ing approach.

Id rather be 0-16 than play like that

EyePod
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Even if we win the Donks can still get in.

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Id rather be 0-16 than play like that

The reason I don't hate Haley, even though he's made some dumbass moves, is that he doesn't coach out of fear.

I hope he gets smarter, but at least he ain't a pussy.

EyePod
01-03-2010, 10:59 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/263853/playoffs_flowchart.png

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/3/1231215/broncos-playoff-chances-flowchart

01-03-2010, 11:01 AM
The reason I don't hate Haley, even though he's made some dumbass moves, is that he doesn't coach out of fear.

I hope he gets smarter, but at least he ain't a pussy.

I dont mind losing if you go down swinging! exactly! but going into turtle mode (aka Herm Mode) would always kill me.. the Jets used to wait until they were two scores down to throw the ball and they would go right down the field..once the game was tied theyd go back to fear ball.