PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN - Crennel likely to join Chiefs

Shag
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Schefter just mentioned on ESPN Sunday Countdown that Romeo Crennel was likely to join the Chiefs as DC this offseason. Nothing concrete (or necessarily surprising), but interesting nonetheless...

Bane
01-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I just caught that.:shrug: Anyone would be an upgrade over Clancy.

cdcox
01-03-2010, 10:32 AM
It's the system.

Dante84
FUCK YES.

chiefzilla1501
Just saw that too. Thought that was very, very interesting.

Don't know how to feel about it. But my sense is he's a much better coordinator than he is a head coach, like Nolan and Gregg Williams are.

cdcox
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Added benefit is that now we can bring in ex-Browns players too.

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I wonder of he takes on the DC title, or the Chiefs do a Redskin/Saunders type thing where they give him a title like Associate HC-defense, while retaining Pendergast.

Crennel would be the defacto DC, but Haley doesn't humiliate his friend.

Dante84
01-03-2010, 10:34 AM
He knows the 3-4, and can evaluate talent. He just can't head coach his way out of a paper bag.

I think he will be an icky DC, though. And we won't have to worry about him getting another HC opportunity, so he might be with us for the long haul.

Marcellus

I thought all the ex Browns were in Denver.

Dante84

The "Brownsification" begins.....

Yoshua Cribbs, anyone?

Mr. Laz
that would be good news imo

not fantastic news but crennel will be an upgrade

KCrockaholic
This would be great. Best offseason ever, 2010? just playin.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
but Haley doesn't humiliate his friend.
except for when he tells them to "fuck off" on national t.v.

Royal Fanatic
It sounds like fantastic news to me, because he is SUCH an upgrade over Pendergast.

Bane

Yoshua Cribbs, anyone?

The KC Chiefbrownpats.ROFL

milkman
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM
except for when he tells them to "**** off" on national t.v.

That isn't humiliating.

Haven't you ever told a friend to fuck off?

WilliamTheIrish
I wonder of he takes on the DC title, or the Chiefs do a Redskin/Saunders type thing where they give him a title like Associate HC-defense, while retaining Pendergast.

Haley needs to humiliate his friend.

KCrockaholic
So is this just good timing with the Cowher returning to NFL thread?

cdcox
01-03-2010, 10:38 AM
And we won't have to worry about him getting another HC opportunity...

You mean other than for the Chiefs in 2011?

the Talking Can
01-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Sources: Chiefs expected to hire Crennel
Comment Email Print Share
By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive

Romeo Crennel is expected to return to coaching with the Kansas City Chiefs next season as the team's defensive coordinator, according to to multiple league sources.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Kansas City wanted to hire the former Cleveland Browns head coach as its defensive coordinator last offseason, but his hip surgery made it too challenging for him to do the job right.

Now that Crennel is healed from his hip surgery and itching to return, he is likely to join Kansas City's coaching staff this offseason.

Clancy Pendergast is the current defensive coordinator for the Chiefs.

Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli worked with Crennel in New England, and Kansas City is looking for ways to upgrade its defense.

Hiring Crennel would be one of the first steps the Chiefs would take in their defensive makeover.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4792324

CHIEFS58
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
After the Leach incident, I will not believe anything from ESPN. They have started sliding so much. It feels like paparazzi covering sports.

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
After the Leach incident, I will not believe anything from ESPN. They have started sliding so much. It feels like paparazzi covering sports.

Yeah, but it comes from Shefter. As much as people hate him, he's generally pretty reliable.

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure I get this. Didn't everything ESPN reported about Leach turn out to be true?

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 10:43 AM
As long as Jack Harry doesn't say anything about Crennel, there's a chance that it WILL happen.

LaChapelle
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Krumrie is getting jobbed

DumbHillbillies
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Right after that ESPN reported that water is wet. I know shocking. Seriously, that is the only rational explanation for the pendergast hiring. Just an one year stopgap so crennel could get healthy.

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Especially since last year they hired Pendergast but waited a couple of weeks before announcing that he was the defensive coordinator. It stands to reason that they were negotiating with Crennel during those two weeks.

RedThat
01-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Okay this would be a good start for the Chiefs.

Hire a competent defensive co-ordinator, thats a baby step. But thats okay its what this team needs, baby steps.

bevischief
01-03-2010, 10:50 AM
A start.

DumbHillbillies
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
No doubt, I wonder if pioli consulted crennel on the t jackson pick ?

HotRoute
01-03-2010, 11:00 AM
wouldnt be going nuts with excitement, but i dont think he could do much worse than clancy has done this year. If anyone needs fired its him

Icon
01-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Considering Pendergast was fired after Arizona went to the Super Bowl (how often does that happen?), how much Arizona's defense improved after Pendergast left, and how poorly KC's defense was this year, I can see why we would be looking for a new DC.

The question is how good is Romeo Crennel? The track record of all the former NE coordinators is too good right now. How many of these guys received credit for the success of HC Bill Bilicheck and Tom Brady?

No matter, I would rather have Romeo over Clancy. At least Romeo successfully coached a 3-4 defense. I wonder if this might help in Free Agency to sign a Vince Wilfork (assuming he doesn't re-sign with NE)?

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I wonder if we could get our hands on Wimbley. Surely he wants out...

kstater
01-03-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure I get this. Didn't everything ESPN reported about Leach turn out to be true?

If you mean inaccurate and overtly biased, yes everything turned out to be true.

Dante84
01-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Considering Pendergast was fired after Arizona went to the Super Bowl (how often does that happen?), how much Arizona's defense improved after Pendergast left, and how poorly KC's defense was this year, I can see why we would be looking for a new DC.

The question is how good is Romeo Crennel? The track record of all the former NE coordinators is too good right now. How many of these guys received credit for the success of HC Bill Bilicheck and Tom Brady?

No matter, I would rather have Romeo over Clancy. At least Romeo successfully coached a 3-4 defense. I wonder if this might help in Free Agency to sign a Vince Wilfork (assuming he doesn't re-sign with NE)?

Post more.

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 11:03 AM

Their track record as head coaches isn't good. That doesn't mean they still can't be good assistant coaches.

KC Jones
01-03-2010, 11:07 AM
So we will have 2 excellent coordinators and still no head coach?

teedubya
01-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Okay gang, as you know, I have many friends at the upper level of Arrowhead... Romeo Crennel is searching for houses in Leawood. Just FYI. THE DEAL IS DONE!

Dante84
01-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Okay gang, as you know, I have many friends at the upper level of Arrowhead... Romeo Crennel is searching for houses in Leawood. Just FYI. THE DEAL IS DONE!

Can we get a KCI report?

KCUnited
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Can we get a KCI report?
Not sure about KCI, but I did see a rather large black man at Gates approx. 15 minutes ago. I believe that confirms THE DEAL IS DONE!

Quesadilla Joe
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Belicheat runs the show on the defensive side of the ball for the Patriots.

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 11:19 AM
If you mean inaccurate and overtly biased, yes everything turned out to be true.
I can see where you're coming from regarding bias, as it does appear that ESPN is circling the wagons around Craig James. I saw the report last night where they showed several Leach statements and immediately followed them with rebuttals by the trainer and the team physician.

However, I'm not aware of anything they reported that was inaccurate. According to the trainer, Leach did instruct him to LOCK Adam James in a dark room and to make him as uncomfortable as possible.

I think Leach is a helluva football coach who didn't have enough sense to know when to pick his battles.

teedubya
01-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Can we get a KCI report?

Yes... there is an airplane at KCI. This all but confirms it.

kstater
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I can see where you're coming from regarding bias, as it does appear that ESPN is circling the wagons around Craig James. I saw the report last night where they showed several Leach statements and immediately followed them with rebuttals by the trainer and the team physician.

However, I'm not aware of anything they reported that was inaccurate. According to the trainer, Leach did instruct him to LOCK Adam Janes in a dark room and to make him as uncomfortable as possible.

I think Leach is a helluva football coach who didn't have enough sense to know when to pick his battles.

That and conveniently ignoring the fact that the trainers said that putting him in the shed was not detrimental to his condition. You know, the reason TTU used to fire him.

MikeMaslowski
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Let's see what WPI has to say!

RINGLEADER
01-03-2010, 11:22 AM

Please.

Pendergast has done more than enough to humiliate himself.

Haley doesn't strike me as the type who's going to give two-poops about hurting his friend's feelings.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I called this a month ago

Shag
01-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Hooray for you. Many people have been calling this all season...

the Talking Can
01-03-2010, 11:28 AM

the rest of the world called it when pendergast was hired....

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 11:28 AM
That and conveniently ignoring the fact that the trainers said that putting him in the shed was not detrimental to his condition. You know, the reason TTU used to fire him.
Nobody thinks that putting Adam James in a shed was going to cause him to go into a coma and die. There's just a lot of visibility these days regarding comas, and it was stupid of Mike Leach to punish a player for having a coma.

Now maybe Leach wasn't punishing him for having a coma. Maybe he was punishing him because Craig was a prima donna and Leach had had enough of his shit. But it was pretty stupid to create the impression that he WAS punishing him for having a coma, since the team physician diagnosed it. And it was even more stupid to dig in his heals and refuse to try to defuse the situation. He had to know that the Texas Tech administration might jump at the chance to fire him, since they openly talked about firing him last year during their heated contract negotiations.

The sad thing is that everone involved is now much worse off. Leach has lost millions of dollars, the Texas Tech football team probably won't win nearly as many games the next few years, and Craig James and his son look like a couple of assholes.

Mike Leach will eventually get another head coaching job, but he won't get back all of the money he lost.

There is sometimes a price to pay for arrogance, even if you're really good at what you do.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Hooray for you. Many people have been calling this all season...

I'm better than you

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:30 AM
the rest of the world called it when pendergast was hired....

Yes but its nothing more then the Hunts saving face. Lets call it for what it is.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Nobody thinks that putting Adam James in a shed was going to cause him to go into a coma and die. There's just a lot of visibility these days regarding comas, and it was stupid of Mike Leach to punish a player for having a coma.

Now maybe Leach wasn't punishing him for having a coma. Maybe he was punishing him because Craig was a prima donna and Leach had had enough of his shit. But it was pretty stupid to create the impression that he WAS punishing him for having a coma, since the team physician diagnosed it. And it was even more stupid to dig in his heals and refuse to try to defuse the situation. He had to know that the Texas Tech administration might jump at the chance to fire him, since they openly talked about firing him last year during their heated contract negotiations.

The sad thing is that everone involved is now much worse off. Leach has lost millions of dollars, the Texas Tech football team probably won't win nearly as many games the next few years, and Craig James and his son look like a couple of assholes.

Mike Leach will eventually get another head coaching job, but he won't get back all of the money he lost.

There is sometimes a price to pay for arrogance, even if you're really good at what you do.

What?

Pablo
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
That and conveniently ignoring the fact that the trainers said that putting him in the shed was not detrimental to his condition. You know, the reason TTU used to fire him.But the shed was only the size of a single car garage. How could anyone survive like 45 minutes in a 10x12 space. I'm surprised it didn't kill him.

milkman
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Please.

Pendergast has done more than enough to humiliate himself.

Haley doesn't strike me as the type who's going to give two-poops about hurting his friend's feelings.

Maybe.

However, I think this writing was on the wall the moment that Pendergast took the job as DC, and it's very possible this scenario was in place from the start.

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
What?
Which statement do you disagree with?

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM

That part about Mike Leach in a thread about Romeo Crennel.

scorpio
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Jay Glazer just said the Chiefs are going after Weiss also

KChiefs1
01-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Jay Glazer said it's highly likely that both Romeo Crennel & Charlie Weis will be coaching in KC next season.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:38 AM
John Clayton said its likely we go after every New England free agent

milkman
Jay Glazer just said the Chiefs are going after Weiss also

Can we just change the name of the stadium to Gillette West?

Easy 6
Best news since LJ was shipped off.

kstater
01-03-2010, 11:39 AM

Reading the trainer's affidavit, it appears that he was punished for showing up to practice in street clothes and wandering around instead of showing up to practice dressed and staying in the injured players area like other injured players.

Agent V
01-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Then, someday when the Raiders play here in a snow storm, we can royally fuck them right out of the playoffs!

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:41 AM
It will be funny seeing Haley with 2 former head coaches. For sure the golfer will throw a tantrum.

milkman
01-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Then, someday when the Raiders play here in a snow storm, we can royally **** them right out of the playoffs!

Yeah, like either team will be sniffing the playoffs anytime soon.

the Talking Can
01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Yes but its nothing more then the Hunts saving face. Lets call it for what it is.

crennel would have already been our dc if he hadn't had hip surgery last year...

pendergast was a spare tire....

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
That part about Mike Leach in a thread about Romeo Crennel.
OK, valid point.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:45 AM
crennel would have already been our dc if he hadn't had hip surgery last year...

pendergast was a spare tire....

Do you have proof of that besides it just being a rumor? Thats pretty fucking stupid of Pioli to just hire a guy for 1 year. I would have rather hired a younger guy like Boles and been done with it.

Old Dog
01-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Or possibly that it was a concussion, not a coma there doctor.

I reiterate what I said once before:
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af354/old_dog69/lolbuilder.jpg

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Reading the trainer's affidavit, it appears that he was punished for showing up to practice in street clothes and wandering around instead of showing up to practice dressed and staying in the injured players area like other injured players.
I think you're right.

Mike Leach would have been better off if he had said that up front, instead of trying to make it sound like he was 100% concerned for Adam James's welfare and he put him in a place where the sunlight wouldn't bother him strictly out of concern for the player. That sounded like 100% bullshit when he said it.

doomy3
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Do you have proof of that besides it just being a rumor? Thats pretty ****ing stupid of Pioli to just hire a guy for 1 year. I would have rather hired a younger guy like Boles and been done with it.

It's not that stupid. If he had in mind that Crennel would be the DC after this year, I am not surprised at all that he would hire a guy who he is so familiar with in Pendergast as a stopgap, since he had coached with him in Arizona.

-King-
01-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Kent Babb is tweeting that Robert Kraft is in talks with Hunt about buying the team.

Royal Fanatic
01-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Or possibly that it was a concussion, not a coma there doctor.

I reiterate what I said once before:
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af354/old_dog69/lolbuilder.jpg
Dang. I was loading up a smart ass response and then I saw that I did use coma a couple of times when I meant concussion. Maybe I should get a proofreader.

-King-
01-03-2010, 11:50 AM
It's not that stupid. If he had in mind that Crennel would be the DC after this year, I am not surprised at all that he would hire a guy who he is so familiar with in Pendergast as a stopgap, since he had coached with him in Arizona.

Yup, especially seeing as how late the Assistant coaches were hired, Pioli was likely like, oh well fuck this year, and just hired Pendergast.

the Talking Can
01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Do you have proof of that besides it just being a rumor? Thats pretty ****ing stupid of Pioli to just hire a guy for 1 year. I would have rather hired a younger guy like Boles and been done with it.

they hired pendergast and didn't name him to a position

they were waiting on crennel to make up his mind, he decided to have hip surgery and pendergast was named dc....

i thought this was common knowledge at the time

and, now, voila, crennel is healthy and rumored to be our new dc...

Easy 6
01-03-2010, 11:52 AM

This.

-King-
01-03-2010, 11:53 AM

they were waiting on crennel to make up his mind, he decided to have hip surgery and pendergast was named dc....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/sparkley_dudette/clap.gif

wild1
01-03-2010, 11:53 AM
What is the exact quote? Was it "Crennel is likely to join Chiefs" or was it just some naked speculation that they think makes sense just because Pioli is here?

Old Dog
01-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Dang. I was loading up a smart ass response and then I saw that I did use coma a couple of times when I meant concussion. Maybe I should get a proofreader.

LMAO I had to re-read it before I posted just to be sure....but if he had locked him in there with a coma then my .02 changes by a whole lot and firing him wou'dn't have been a harsh enough punishment.
Nothing personal, just f'in with ya

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Yes it makes sense but at the same time it doesn't. That would mean this franchise wasted a year developing chemistry on the defensive side of the ball waiting for a retred defensive cordinator. It's not like some young guy couldn't run a New Englands cover 4. So if Pioli dicked around hiring a DC he also dicked around with the draft.

the Talking Can
01-03-2010, 11:56 AM
What is the exact quote? Was it "Crennel is likely to join Chiefs" or was it just some naked speculation that they think makes sense just because Pioli is here?

it was both....he said "crennel is likely to join the chiefs," but he never tells you if he has a source or just speculating on what's obvious

so he can walk it back later...schefter is the worst at this...

doomy3
01-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Yes it makes sense but at the same time it doesn't. That would mean this franchise wasted a year developing chemistry on the defensive side of the ball waiting for a retred defensive cordinator. It's not like some young guy couldn't run a New Englands cover 4. So if Pioli dicked around hiring a DC he also dicked around with the draft.

What difference would it make if our one year hire to hold the seat for Crennel was a young guy or a guy who had experience being a DC? How would that affect chemistry?

The Bad Guy
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM

I think this year was a throw-away year anyway. Pendergast was not going to be a long term guy here. He's awful. When you get fired as the SB D coordinator, you must be a bag of fucking shit.

I think this is good news. Crennel is an upgrade. He can effectively use talent. I'll be happy once Clancy is re-assigned to either a position coach or gone all together.

Simply Red
01-03-2010, 12:01 PM
yawn

wild1
01-03-2010, 12:01 PM
it was both....he said "crennel is likely to join the chiefs," but he never tells you if he has a source or just speculating on what's obvious

so he can walk it back later...schefter is the worst at this...

This is so common now, that the fan watching has no clue who actually has a source for what they say. It's all carefully worded so that it sounds like they have actual information without them claiming that

bsp4444
01-03-2010, 12:05 PM
What would be Clancy's area of expertise, if he were to stay on as a position coach?

Easy 6
01-03-2010, 12:07 PM
What would be Clancy's area of expertise, if he were to stay on as a position coach?

LB fluffer.

Dante84
01-03-2010, 12:21 PM

Keep in mind how late we were in the coaching hire process... there weren't exactly A-listers out there ripe for the plucking.

DaWolf
01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Depending on Crennel's health, you could also be looking at a co-DC scenario like the Lambs had in their Super Bowl season if they elect to keep Pendergast around for continuity...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2010, 12:33 PM
:facepalm:

Hoover
01-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Also consider that Pendergast implemented the 3-4 in KC and had to deal with all of the BS in changing schemes. Now Crennel comes in and has the luxury of watching film on guys like Hali, Dorsey, Jackson, and others. Its a prefect situation for Crennel as he can come in and look good.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I hope we at least wait to see if Dallas fires Wade Phillips. That's the first, and best choice.

-King-
01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I hope we at least wait to see if Dallas fires Wade Phillips. That's the first, and best choice.

They look that they just might win a playoff game, so Wade might be safe for next year.

milkman

Pioli will never hire a non tree guy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Wade Phillips' 3-4 isn't the same as the dumbass 3-4 we run here.

-King-
01-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Wrong thread.

Easy 6
01-03-2010, 12:42 PM

I'd be fine with that as well, but would he settle for a coordinator position? after being HC for 'Americas Team/groan' i have a hard time seeing it.

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
This wóuld be a great thing for KC. While Belichick ran the show in NE, the Patriots defense has not been as dominant since Romeo left. And don't give me 2007 stats, they blew it wehen the Championship was on the line. The Patriots from 2001 thru 2004 were defense first, and Crennel was part of that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
Pioli will never hire a non tree guy.

Unless I'm mistaken, Wade is definitely on the tree and should be near the top when it comes to defense.

Thig Lyfe
Jay Glazer said it's highly likely that both Romeo Crennel & Charlie Weis will be coaching in KC next season.

Now all we need is Trent Green as QB coach and the Sooper Bowl is OURS!!!

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM

So you would have rather settled for a second-rate coordinator for 5 years rather than wait for the guy you really want after one season? Who cares if you threw a season away, as long as you got a guy in there you want. I would rather Philips than Romeo. But then, maybe Romeo is like Mike Nolan--a good coordinator who was never meant to be a head coach.

milkman
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Wade is definitely on the tree and should be near the top when it comes to defense.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.

Huh. I thought he and Parcells worked together, but I guess he just replaced Parcells in Dallas so that wouldn't make any sense. I don't know where the fuck I got that from.

Well, shit. Romeo it is.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 12:52 PM
:facepalm:

Oh STFU. This isn't that bad. At least they are cutting deadwood in Pendergast. This is nepotism for sure but we could do a lot worse than a defensive coordinator with Super Bowl rings who has coordinated top defenses.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Let's see what WPI has to say!

Heh. Interesting that you posted this because Warpaint Illustrated was talking about Crennel joining the Chiefs last offseason...and they had a lot of contact. They definitely wanted him...

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh STFU. This isn't that bad. At least they are cutting deadwood in Pendergast. This is nepotism for sure but we could do a lot worse than a defensive coordinator with Super Bowl rings who has coordinated top defenses.

You know that beer commercial where Romeo talks about the cold activated cans talking to him and wishing him congratulations? That really happened.

MMXcalibur
01-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Oh thank God....Clancy better be gone tomorrow.

petegz28

this

kstater
Heh. Interesting that you posted this because Warpaint Illustrated was talking about Crennel joining the Chiefs last offseason...and they had a lot of contact. They definitely wanted him...

As did every other news source.

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 12:57 PM
The biggest positive I see in getting the band back together is that takes a lot of excuses off the table.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Meh.

The only good thing about this, provided it happens, is that Pendergast is gone.

But as our friend htismaqe always said, better than bad does not equal good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2010, 12:58 PM

He was a figurehead in New England. If I want a defensive coordinator, I want a defensive coordinator.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 12:59 PM
As did every other news source.

Actually, no. And we got laughed at here over it.

RedThat
01-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I think this year was a throw-away year anyway. Pendergast was not going to be a long term guy here. He's awful. When you get fired as the SB D coordinator, you must be a bag of ****ing shit.

I think this is good news. Crennel is an upgrade. He can effectively use talent. I'll be happy once Clancy is re-assigned to either a position coach or gone all together.

Love this. Except, he doesn't have much to work with.

If he is the type of coach that can bring out the best in a defensive player or know how to use a player effectively by taking advantage of their strengths, then Im all for that.

I hope he is the kind of guy that can help assist with evaluating defensive talent. Chiefs need that. When it comes to the draft, they could use all the help they could get as far as evaluation goes because this team needs to select some good defensive players.

milkman
01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Where's the photoshop of Pioli in a dress on a balcony and Crennel in tights below.

"Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?'

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Actually, no. And we got laughed at here over it.

WPI could post the time and temperature here and get laughed at.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
He was a figurehead in New England. If I want a defensive coordinator, I want a defensive coordinator.

At this point how do we really know what level of responsibility he had in their success?

You just don't like the move because it reeks of nepotism. I can accept that, but realize the league is full of nepotism.

I will say Crennel's lack of defense in Cleveland is a bad sign. But I'm much more positive about this than I was Pendergast.

cdcox
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
The biggest positive I see in getting the band back together is that takes a lot of excuses off the table.

When are BB and Brady coming?

SenselessChiefsFan
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
I am not too thrilled with Crennel, but he is better than Pendersuckscompleteass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2010, 01:03 PM
At this point how do we really know what level of responsibility he had in their success?

You just don't like the move because it reeks of nepotism. I can accept that, but realize the league is full of nepotism.

I will say Crennel's lack of defense in Cleveland is a bad sign. But I'm much more positive about this than I was Pendergast.

I want this to work out, therefore I will ignore the mountains of evidence that point out that this will solve nothing.

MoreLemonPledge
He looks like a cuddly teddy bear. I like him.

RedThat

Dillon you son of a b*tch! lol...just say that to hamas will ya

OnTheWarpath15
I am not too thrilled with Crennel, but he is better than Pendersuckscompleteass.

That's like saying pancreatic cancer is better than lung cancer.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I want this to work out, therefore I will ignore the mountains of evidence that point out that this will solve nothing.

The official motto of ChiefsPlanet.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 01:05 PM

Oh come on. A MOUNTAIN of evidence?

I see evidence both for and against Crennel. I'm going to be positive about it because he won freaking Super Bowls as a defensive coordinator. That's more accomplishment at defensive coordinator than we've had since Bill Cowher.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Dillon you son of a b*tch! lol...just say that to hamas will ya

What happened to you, Hamas, you used to be somebody I could trust?

I woke up. Why don't you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Oh come on. A MOUNTAIN of evidence?

I see evidence both for and against Crennel. I'm going to be positive about it because he won freaking Super Bowls as a defensive coordinator. That's more accomplishment at defensive coordinator than we've had since Bill Cowher.

Peter Giunta.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Peter Giunta.

Oh, snap.

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:07 PM
When are BB and Brady coming?

Soon, I hope.

But when Weis is added on the offensive side, I don't want to hear any bullshit. Produce.

We have all sorts of people with rings. Now find the proper personnel and fucking make legit progress.

I will throw the fuck up if I have to hear more shit about an "evaluation year." The fact that this is seriously discussed is amazing to me.

kcxiv
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Everyone had to see this coming a mile away. Weis i didnt expect though.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Peter Giunta.

The difference is that no one put any stock in Guinta's "Super Bowl defense."

Crennel's shut down PEYTON MANNING.

RedThat
01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
That's like saying pancreatic cancer is better than lung cancer.

Hmmm...Well how did the cancer start off? Oh...because of the sh*ts we currently have on defense?

Now how do they cure the cancer? Just add some defensive talent either through FA or the draft...Co-ordinator or no co-ordinator everybody knows that is the root of the problem on defense. Simple as that.

DeezNutz

You hate the Chiefs.

You're not working in the NFL, so I don't know how you can possibly make this statement.

Hammock Parties

Crennel is going to blast your arm off your body and watch it fall to the ground firing a machine gun.

RustShack
01-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I just love the dumbasses who think Bill Billichick completely did everything all by himself. Just because hes assistants don't make good HC's in no way means they aren't good assistants.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
At the very least we get to start in with all the "fat coach" jokes now.

We haven't had a tub of goo roaming the sidelines in Kansas City since...I don't know when.

kcxiv
Well Kansas did. lol

Mr. Flopnuts
Soon, I hope.

But when Weis is added on the offensive side, I don't want to hear any bullshit. Produce.

We have all sorts of people with rings. Now find the proper personnel and fucking make legit progress.

I will throw the fuck up if I have to hear more shit about an "evaluation year." The fact that this is seriously discussed is amazing to me.

It better not happen. This staff has had an entire year to soak in the ineptitude of this franchise. Anything less than .500 next year is entirely unacceptable.

What does that mean to you and me? If they don't get there, they'll be gone by 2015. If they do, they'll be here until at least 2020.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Ok, let's break it down, Dr. Jack Ramsey style:

Crennel coordinated Ds in New England, where he had a back 7 that had Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Vrabel, who were all like coaches on the field. Not to mention the fact that he had Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, Dick Seymour, Ted Johnson, and on and on and on.

Now, combine that with the fact that his boss was a legendary DC whose gameplan from SB XXV is in the fucking HOF and who keeps the longest hours in the game.

Then, add on our new DC's 4 years of coaching in Cleveland, where he never fielded a decent defense with talent comparable to that in Kansas City.

Where is the evidence to suggest that he'll do well, other than the osmosis theory, which we assumed would work for Scott Pioli, Eric Mangini, Crennel himself once, and McDaniels??

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2010, 01:12 PM

It will be interesting to see how good he really is. The defense in New England hasn't been even as dominant in the later years as they were under Romeo. I don't know how much of that was based on poor drafting in the later years. But maybe there's something to it.

I also think that Romeo will get a ton of mileage out of Tyson Jackson and Dorsey. His experience teaching 3-4 D-linemen is almost unparalleled. One thing I feel pretty comfortable about is that he'll help Pioli find the right nose tackle and our D-line is going to be very well equipped to win in the trenches. At the very least, that's what we get.

dirk digler
01-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I see nothing wrong with this hire it is definitely an upgrade over our current DC

cdcox
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I just love the dumbasses who think Bill Billichick completely did everything all by himself. Just because hes assistants don't make good HC's in no way means they aren't good assistants.

Well, basically they've been successful with a revolving door at the coordinator positions. That potentially indicates that the coordinators weren't difference makers.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I see nothing wrong with this hire it is definitely an upgrade over our current DC

Christ, just about anyone would be considered an upgrade.

People bitched for 20 years about Carl hiring his buddies, and now when the Executive of the Decade does it, it's perfectly acceptable.

RedThat
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM

lol

OnTheWarpath15
Well, basically they've been successful with a revolving door at the coordinator positions. That potentially indicates that the coordinators weren't difference makers.

This.

chiefzilla1501

Crennel coordinated Ds in New England, where he had a back 7 that had Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Vrabel, who were all like coaches on the field. Not to mention the fact that he had Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, Dick Seymour, Ted Johnson, and on and on and on.

Now, combine that with the fact that his boss was a legendary DC whose gameplan from SB XXV is in the ****ing HOF and who keeps the longest hours in the game.

Then, add on our new DC's 4 years of coaching in Cleveland, where he never fielded a decent defense with talent comparable to that in Kansas City.

Where is the evidence to suggest that he'll do well, other than the osmosis theory, which we assumed would work for Scott Pioli, Eric Mangini, Crennel himself once, and McDaniels??

Where is the evidence to suggest that he won't do it well? You're making the argument that Patriots coordinators don't make good coaches, and that's probably true. They try to hard to be Bellichick when they're not.

But Mike Nolan was a horrible head coach in San Francisco and Gregg Williams was an absolute nightmare in Buffalo. How do you know Romeo won't follow in their shadow?

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:16 PM

People bitched for 20 years about Carl hiring his buddies, and now when the Executive of the Decade does it, it's perfectly acceptable.

In Pioli's defense, the Cassel acquisition was a clear anti-Carl move.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2010, 01:17 PM
In Pioli's defense, the Cassel acquisition was a clear anti-Carl move.

Yeah, because he only gave up a R2 pick, instead of a R1 pick.

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
Where is the evidence to suggest that he won't do it well? You're making the argument that Patriots coordinators don't make good coaches, and that's probably true. They try to hard to be Bellichick when they're not.

But Mike Nolan was a horrible head coach in San Francisco and Gregg Williams was an absolute nightmare in Buffalo. How do you know Romeo won't follow in their shadow?

Crennel and Mangini installed their defensive systems where they went and failed miserably.

They didn't fail b/c of their offense, which might be understandable.

RustShack
LOL You can't use the Browns defense as a example since he wasn't the DC. How often to great DC's become HC's and field great defenses with that team also? Defenses Guru Dungy never had a good defense with the Colts.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Where is the evidence to suggest that he'll do well

He's morbidly obese. Those guys make the best coaches. Mangini is just fat, for instance. Maybe if he ate more fast food while spending countless hours in the office, he'd be a better coach. But no, Mangini has to take the time to prepare a salad every once inawhile.

RustShack
Also think about what your saying, he didn't make the Browns good? Bill fucking Billichick couldn't make the Browns good.

Hammock Parties

I think they bitched about it because it didn't work.

Everyone in the NFL hires their buddies for the most part.

RedThat
01-03-2010, 01:19 PM

Its just really a team concept isn't it? yes, this means we need to look at things from a broader perspective.

OnTheWarpath15
Also think about what your saying, he didn't make the Browns good? Bill fucking Billichick couldn't make the Browns good.

Actually, the Browns were improving, then the bottom fell out when Modell announced the move mid-season.

dirk digler

Christ definitely would be an upgrade but he is not available or so I hear.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Marty Schottenheimer did, and I'm no fan of Marty's.

That's a stupid argument.

kcxiv
01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
So what you are saying is that in order to have a good team you n eed good players? Ya, we didnt already know that.

This team has to get good players plain and simple. I rather have Crennel. Hopefully he has a good eye for talent and we can draft some players. He doesnt have to concentrate on both sides of the ball just 1.

No matter how we look at it, we are ging to have to pick something from someones tree.

We do have to give the guys a few years to see if they can raise the fucking dead.

I will say this again, KC started over. They completely threw out Herm's plans and started from scratch.

We may not like it, but thats what it is. Welcome to rebuilding hell, it takes a toll on the fans.

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Peyton Manning wouldn't be successful in KC.

Were you fuckers expecting a playoff birth?

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Not entirely true.

The year after Romeo left, the Patriots ranked 17th on defense. And that became the point in time when the Patriots started to pivot toward an offensive-heavy scheme. The identity of the Patriots of today is entirely different from the identity under Romeo. Under Romeo, the Pats ran an extremely conservative offense that depended on the defense to make big plays. They put Brady in positions to win and he delivered. The defense isn't even remotely as dependable. Now the Pats rely on Brady, not the defense, to carry the team.

I don't know what the main contributor was, but most Pats' fans will tell you that the Pats' defense over the last few years isn't remotely as good as the Pats' defense that won them their first Super Bowl.

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Actually, the Browns were improving, then the bottom fell out when Modell announced the move mid-season.
How refreshing. People forget how good the Browns had gotten to be by 1994. They beat the Champion Cowboys in Dallas on the way to a 11-5 season and playoff win over Parcells Patriot. 1995 was a Modell caused disaster.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Not entirely true.

The year after Romeo left, the Patriots ranked 17th on defense. And that became the point in time when the Patriots started to pivot toward an offensive-heavy scheme. The identity of the Patriots of today is entirely different from the identity under Romeo. Under Romeo, the Pats ran an extremely conservative offense that depended on the defense to make big plays. They put Brady in positions to win and he delivered. The defense isn't even remotely as dependable. Now the Pats rely on Brady, not the defense, to carry the team.

I don't know what the main contributor was, but most Pats' fans will tell you that the Pats' defense over the last few years isn't remotely as good as the Pats' defense that won them their first Super Bowl.

And for some reason, that also seems to overlap with the aging and decline of the players who made those defenses so good. I'm sure that's just a coincidence, though.

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:24 PM

Age and poor drafting.

But Pioli wasn't involved in the latter, luckily.

dirk digler
01-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Age and poor drafting.

But Pioli wasn't involved in the latter, luckily.

As was Bill Belichick but he sucks or so I heard

chiefzilla1501
Crennel and Mangini installed their defensive systems where they went and failed miserably.

They didn't fail b/c of their offense, which might be understandable.

Yes. And Nolan's defense in San Francisco never looked good. Marvin Lewis' defense took a gazillion years to take shape in Cincy--their defenses of the past were almost as embarassingly bad as the 2004 Chiefs. Or how about Dick Lebeau? Horrendous head coach, but arguably the best DC in the game.

Romeo's a shitty head coach. The comment I hear from Browns fans is that he's too unemotional to be a head coach. But there are tons of great defensive coordinators who made lousy head coaches. I don't know where Romeo lies in that mix, but I'm at least willing to see it play out. This time last year, we were giving Nolan shit for not being able to build his own defense in San Francisco.

cdcox
I really hope that this will mark the beginning of a turn-around. However, I've been waiting since we:

signed Joe Montana,
signed Steve Bono,
signed Grbac,
signed Chester McGlockton,
re-signed Dan Williams,
hired Dick Vermeil,
drafted Ryan Sims,
drafted DJ,
re-hired Gunther Cunningham,
and hired Pioli,

for a savior to come in and make a difference. I'm going to need to see a couple of seasons of real improvement before I get too excited about any hiring/signing/draft pick coming in and saving the franchise.

Pioli Zombie
01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Not entirely true.

Exactly. From 2001-2004 you could always count on the Patriots defense. One of most underated of all time. The defense cost them titles in 2006 and 2007 when they allowed each Manning to drive 80 yards in the last 2 minutes
Fans of a crappy team like the Chiefs to be ragging on the possibility of The likes of Weis and Crennel coming to be coordinators astounds me. Its like some people aren't happy unless they are bitching.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm in favor of Crennel and Weis as coordinators. Its certainly better than we have now. I really wish we could come up with our own formula for winning instead of copying everyone else.

kcxiv
Yes. And Nolan's defense in San Francisco never looked good. Marvin Lewis' defense took a gazillion years to take shape in Cincy--their defenses of the past were almost as embarassingly bad as the 2004 Chiefs. Or how about Dick Lebeau? Horrendous head coach, but arguably the best DC in the game.

Romeo's a shitty head coach. The comment I hear from Browns fans is that he's too unemotional to be a head coach. But there are tons of great defensive coordinators who made lousy head coaches. I don't know where Romeo lies in that mix, but I'm at least willing to see it play out. This time last year, we were giving Nolan shit for not being able to build his own defense in San Francisco.

They think bcause someone failed somewhere else, they are horrible. Would anyone really have wanted BB after his stint in Cleveland? Sometimes i dont know what the fuck people are thinking. The fucked up thing about it, that in football when you are negative, your going to be more right then wrong because only a few teams actually succeed and what 70 percent of the teams arent that good.

DeezNutz

This a fucking asinine point to make. Same thing is often said by Chiefs fans about Herm.

Dude was a poor HC for a number of different reasons, and his demeanor would be at the bottom of the list, if listed at all.

kcxiv
01-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Its like some people aren't happy unless they are bitching.
Posted via Mobile Device
Fucking bingo right there. Its not like this is anything new though.

RedThat
01-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Now, combine that with the fact that his boss was a legendary DC whose gameplan from SB XXV is in the ****ing HOF and who keeps the longest hours in the game.

It's obvious NE had a lot of the right pieces in place. I'd like to use this analogy, and think of building a team as trying to put a puzzle together. Its the same concept. You need all the right pieces that can properly go well together, and New England had that. They had a great coach that was a legendary DC like you were saying, of course that helps, absolutely. They had an established core of veterans, who were leaders, clutch players, and just gamers. Of course, that helps too. But most importantly, they had great team chemistry.

Now when he was the HC in Cleveland, I really don't think he had much to work with. And, you know, regardless, whether you're a good defensive coach or not, you need talent. bottomline. And Cleveland failed to address the talent on the defensive side of the ball. Not trying to make excuses for the guy, but he is only going to be as good as the talent around him. And I think that could be said for any coach. Kansas City is far from the environment he had in NE.

Crennel would be a good start. The team has so many holes as it is, and they need to take baby steps. Lets just concentrate on the baby steps first. There is room to add talent on defense which I think should be this teams number 1 priority in the offseason. I hope he is the kind of guy that could help assist in evaluating, and contribute towards selecting good defensive players. Thats what this team needs.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Are these sources making shit up? I mean Pioli keeps everything a secret.

kcxiv
01-03-2010, 01:39 PM
This a ****ing asinine point to make. Same thing is often said by Chiefs fans about Herm.

Dude was a poor HC for a number of different reasons, and his demeanor would be at the bottom of the list, if listed at all.
I dont ever think he said it was at the top of the list. Its Cleveland for god sake. Their only hope of a championship in the forseable future is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Chances are if your going to a team like Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, your going to more then likely fail.

We have very very limited talent on this freaking team. I dont give a shit what coach is here, we could have had Vince Lombardi himself this team would still be a 3-4 win team.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2010, 01:41 PM
hopefully ... then we need an OC and a QB coach

also a new DLine coach would be preferable since nearly every Dlineman has under-achieved under krumrie.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2010, 01:41 PM
i wonder if we can get Herm to come back and be our DBack's coach. :p

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I dont ever think he said it was at the top of the list. Its Cleveland for god sake. Their only hope of a championship in the forseable future is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Chances are if your going to a team like Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, your going to more then likely fail.

We have very very limited talent on this freaking team. I dont give a shit what coach is here, we could have had Vince Lombardi himself this team would still be a 3-4 win team.

This team would still suck, overall, but a high-quality HC wins us at least 2 more games this season. People are under-estimating how bad Haley has been this season, often simply b/c he's not Herm.

But it's not like 5-11 is really worth bragging about.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 01:43 PM
This team would still suck, overall, but a high-quality HC wins us at least 2 more games this season. People are under-estimating how bad Haley has been this season, often simply b/c he's not Herm.

5-11 is a good started. 4-12 is actually a good start.

RedThat
01-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Haley or no Haley the team has very little talent. We focus too much on coaching. what really matters is the players. bottomline.

CHIEFS58
01-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Leach was dealing with a spoiled bitch of a kid.

I would have him coach my team any day.

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:45 PM
5-11 is a good started. 4-12 is actually a good start.

And, most importantly, improved coaching would have obviated any discussion about whether or not there has been progress.

This off-season, I stated multiple times that we could win only 5 games in 2009 and be a VASTLY improved team.

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2010, 01:45 PM
This a ****ing asinine point to make. Same thing is often said by Chiefs fans about Herm.

Yes, there are a number of reasons. He was an offensive dipshit (see Quinn vs. Derek Anderson QB controversy). As a Head Coach, he was a lot less involved with pure defensive coaching (see Gregg Williams, Dick Lebeau, Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan). He didn't have the leadership qualities to be a good head coach (see Ron Rivera and Al Saunders, two terrific coordinators who nobody will hire to be a head coach)--and yes, that goes toward his demeanor.

A long line of really good defensive coordinators have made lousy head coaches. We don't have evidence that he'll be a good DC outside of Bellichick. I just don't understand why so many people are building a case that he'll be a bad one based on what he did in an entirely different role in Cleveland.

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
And, most importantly, improved coaching would have obviated any discussion about whether or not there has been progress.

This off-season, I stated multiple times that we could win only 5 games in 2009 and be a VASTLY improved team.

And you would probably say this team isn't imrpoved over last years and I would agree but I suppose the only category that matters is the Win column.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Haley or no Haley the team has very little talent. We focus too much on coaching. what really matters is the players. bottomline.

WHY does this team have little talent?

Could it be because the Executive of the Decade brought in over 45 new players this year, and all but 2 have sucked?

All the talent on this team comes from previous regimes.

Look at recent Patriots drafts and give me a reason why you think things will be any different in KC.

DeezNutz
01-03-2010, 01:49 PM

Well, this team, allegedly, has some legit talent.

1. A "franchise" QB, hand picked by the GM.
2. A RB who has been second only to Chris Johnson (once LJ essentially cut himself--thanks Haley/Pioli for playing the right guy from the start!).
3. A stud CB.
4. A very talented, yet inconsistent WR.
5. Two top-5 picks on the D line.
6. A "cornerstone" in Hali.
7. A legit LT (when he isn't playing at 300 ****ing lbs.--thanks, coach!).

If we had focused on improving the o-line and had half-way decent coaching on D, while utilizing our most talented players, we win at least 2 more games this year.

I'd say the coaching was a pretty big issue.

KC kid
WPI is still reporting that we are going to get Cowher. . . of course.

Titty Meat

Could it be because the Executive of the Decade brought in over 45 new players this year, and all but 2 have sucked?

Look at recent Patriots drafts and give me a reason why you think things will be any different in KC.

But everyone said Pioli wasn't in charge of the draft it was Dmitroff and Belichek signed off on everything?

dirk digler
They think bcause someone failed somewhere else, they are horrible. Would anyone really have wanted BB after his stint in Cleveland? Sometimes i dont know what the fuck people are thinking. The fucked up thing about it, that in football when you are negative, your going to be more right then wrong because only a few teams actually succeed and what 70 percent of the teams arent that good.

Yep. Dick Labeau is a perfect example. Great D-coordinator, got a job as head coach and sucked balls and then went back to D-coordinator and won a couple of Super Bowls.

On a side note I was doing a quick read about Belichick's stint in Cleveland. The funny part was he was the offensive coordinator for 3 years along with being a head coach. LMAO

kcxiv
01-03-2010, 01:50 PM

i am not so sure we win many more games with another head coach. Talent wise we are that bad. This team is like a fucking pick and pull with its players. We have other peoples parts they didnt want anymore, but sometimes you find a good part. lol

Titty Meat
01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Tylerthigpen!1! jfc all you do is bitch and moan. you never post anything constructive

lol

dirk digler
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
For the people that don't like the choice of Crennel who is going to be available that would be your choice as DC?

eazyb81
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
This would be f'n PERFECT.

Hope to God it comes true, Pendergast might have some upside but right now he's a terrible coordinator for the 3-4.

Bugeater
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
For the people that don't like the choice of Crennel who is going to be available that would be your choice as DC?
There's a lot of Wade Phillips love around here.

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2010, 01:57 PM

Why things "could" be different?

The Pats took a big hit when they lost Dimitroff. The Chiefs brought in a Dimitroff disciple in Phil Emery. If the scouting network does their job well, Pioli does his job well. Based on the level of scouting activity, the Chiefs are going to have a lot more in-depth scouting than this franchise has ever seen.

The piece that scares me is that the coach needs to also be very good at evaluating his players and communicating to the GM what he thinks the team needs. I don't trust Haley for one second to do that.

eazyb81
01-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Yep. Dick Labeau is a perfect example. Great D-coordinator, got a job as head coach and sucked balls and then went back to D-coordinator and won a couple of Super Bowls.

On a side note I was doing a quick read about Belichick's stint in Cleveland. The funny part was he was the offensive coordinator for 3 years along with being a head coach. LMAO

Yep. Anyone that acts like Crennel would be a poor choice as defensive coordinator in our 3-4 system is just fighting desperately for their own biased agenda.

dirk digler
01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
There's a lot of Wade Phillips love around here.

LMAO Why would they want him he has failed as a head coach at least twice?

From what I understand if you suck as head coach you will suck forever

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Yep. Anyone that acts like Crennel would be a poor choice as defensive coordinator in our 3-4 system is just fighting desperately for their own biased agenda.

Being a poor choice and not being the best choice are two different things.

Hell, people here thought Pendergast was a good hire because he was in the SB the year prior.

The Bad Guy
01-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Wade Phillips is going nowhere. This Cowboy team has improved over the course of the year. The players absolutely love him.

He's not going anywhere.

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Being a poor choice and not being the best choice are two different things.

Hell, people here thought Pendergast was a good hire because he was in the SB the year prior.

I don't recall that many people excited about the Pendergast hire. Nobody was upset, but I don't recall a lot of people saying it was a particularly good hire.

T-post Tom
01-03-2010, 02:03 PM

He does if Don Pioli tells him to. :hmmm:

Bugeater
01-03-2010, 02:04 PM
LMAO Why would they want him he has failed as a head coach at least twice?

From what I understand if you suck as head coach you will suck forever
I don't know, I'm not one of those people. If we have a chance to get Crennel NOW then we don't need to be effing around waiting to find out Phillips' fate.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2010, 02:07 PM
How refreshing. People forget how good the Browns had gotten to be by 1994. They beat the Champion Cowboys in Dallas on the way to a 11-5 season and playoff win over Parcells Patriot. 1995 was a Modell caused disaster.
Posted via Mobile Device

That 95 Browns team destroyed the Chiefs team that everybody thinks should have won the Super Bowl but the Cowboys would have beaten like a rag doll.

Rausch
01-03-2010, 02:09 PM
That 95 Browns team destroyed the Chiefs team that everybody thinks should have won the Super Bowl but the Cowboys would have beaten like a rag doll.

The Chiefs played the Cowboys that year IIRC and only lost because fucking Bono fumbled the football somewhere shorter than the Cowboys 10 yard line and had it returned for a TD. It was like a 90 plus yard fumble return by some fatass D lineman.

That just completely changed the momentum...

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2010, 02:16 PM
The Chiefs played the Cowboys that year IIRC and only lost because ****ing Bono fumbled the football somewhere shorter than the Cowboys 10 yard line and had it returned for a TD. It was like a 90 plus yard fumble return by some fatass D lineman.

That Thanksgiving Day game we got our ass kicked all day. Irvin made Carter and Hasty is bitches that day. Even if we got to the Super Bowl, the Boys would have throttled us.

dirk digler
01-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't know, I'm not one of those people. If we have a chance to get Crennel NOW then we don't need to be effing around waiting to find out Phillips' fate.

Agreed. Crennel is probably the best candidate out there available that runs a 3-4.

TRR
01-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Let's be honest though, all it will take is one bad season from the D to call for Crennel's head on CP. I can't hardly remember the last time CP liked KC's D Coordinator...Gun's first time around?
Posted via Mobile Device

Royal Fanatic
That Thanksgiving Day game we got our ass kicked all day. Irvin made Carter and Hasty is bitches that day. Even if we got to the Super Bowl, the Boys would have throttled us.
Maybe, but it sure would have been nice to have made it to the damn Super Bowl.

OnTheWarpath15
Agreed. Crennel is probably the best candidate out there available that runs a 3-4.

He's the only candidate available - the season isn't over yet.

Which is why asking who we'd rather have is stupid - there's no telling who becomes available.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2010, 02:26 PM
The Chiefs played the Cowboys that year IIRC and only lost because fucking Bono fumbled the football somewhere shorter than the Cowboys 10 yard line and had it returned for a TD. It was like a 90 plus yard fumble return by some fatass D lineman.

I used to have that game on tape.

It was never close. Ever. We were completely outclassed in every aspect.

If you rewatch it, you'll hear Bob Trumpy talk about how Marty thinks he has more depth than that Dallas team 1-53, even if the top end stars weren't the same.

Dallas went right down, Irvin burned Carter for a long TD, and the shitkicking was on.

The score was something like 24-12, but it may as well have been 42-12.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Fire Haley and hire Cowher if you really want to run the 3-4. He has done it at two places very well.

dirk digler
01-03-2010, 02:41 PM
He's the only candidate available - the season isn't over yet.

Which is why asking who we'd rather have is stupid - there's no telling who becomes available.

True but you can probably guess who the head coaches are going to be fired and usually the assistants are out the door as well. Of course there could be a surprise firing that could change things.

Rausch
01-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I used to have that game on tape.

It was never close. Ever. We were completely outclassed in every aspect.

If you rewatch it, you'll hear Bob Trumpy talk about how Marty thinks he has more depth than that Dallas team 1-53, even if the top end stars weren't the same.

Dallas went right down, Irvin burned Carter for a long TD, and the shitkicking was on.

The score was something like 24-12, but it may as well have been 42-12.

I think it was like 14-10 or something at the time. We were near the 5 yard line.

I'd argue it but I let go of my collection (every chiefs win since 93) about a year ago when I moved.

Dottefan
01-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Yoshua Cribbs, anyone?

Hey........thats racist :#..................just kidding lol

Micjones
01-03-2010, 02:59 PM
GREAT news on what is otherwise a sad one in Chiefs kingdom.
It's the end of the regular season and I've had to watch three former Chiefs play well in meaningful games for OTHER teams.

bowener
01-03-2010, 03:40 PM
It will be funny seeing Haley with 2 former head coaches. For sure the golfer will throw a tantrum.

Honestly, this could really help him grow as a head coach, at least that is my hope. Crennel probably realizes he will never be a HC again, so maybe he takes on the mentor role for Haley. Weis will try and murder Haley weekly in an attempt to become the interim head coach early on in the season... just his nature.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Fire Haley and hire Cowher if you really want to run the 3-4. He has done it at two places very well.

Might as well. What's the point keeping the head coach if you are going to bring in a new DC, OC, QB coach and there has been midseason change with the WR coach (and the team still sets the NFL record for dropped passes).