PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will Krumrie make it through the storm?

BossChief
01-04-2010, 01:51 AM
I will be surprised if he isnt still with us next year.

Mecca
01-04-2010, 01:53 AM
I hope not, he sucks ass.

keg in kc
01-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Hopefully not.

We may be seeing an entire new staff of assistants if Weis and Crennel actually are coming in.

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Hell, I hope he doesn't make it through Wednesday night's snowstorm.

BillSelfsTrophycase
01-04-2010, 01:55 AM
He survived last year's epic sackless fail, so probably

He must have naked pictures of Clark or something

BossChief
01-04-2010, 02:01 AM
If Carl never took away Jared and Wilkerson, people would think Tim is a GOD by now and he might have already be betting calls for DC positions.

Every dlinemen that he has coached since he got here in 2006 has progressed under his coaching by noticable levels year to year.

I dont understand where the hate for him started.

Micjones
01-04-2010, 02:02 AM
God no! He's stealing a paycheck from this organization.

BossChief
01-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Why do you guys dislike him?

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:04 AM
If Carl never took away Jared and Wilkerson, people would think Tim is a GOD by now and he might have already be betting calls for DC positions.

Every dlinemen that he has coached since he got here in 2006 has progressed under his coaching by noticable levels year to year.

Well, there was this season called "the 2008 regular season" where his line was failure in totality, in large part for coaching reasons.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2010, 02:04 AM

It started when he was criticized for his pattycakes workout drill.

I'm with you, though. Don't understand the hate. I thought he did a real good job coaching up Hali and Dorsey into a 3-4. I could care less if a guy like Ron Edwards, who has no talent in the first place, doesn't progress. If he's complemented by Romeo, don't think this is the worst thing in the world.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 02:05 AM

Dorsey, Gillberry, who else?

Micjones
01-04-2010, 02:05 AM

He hasn't done much with a lot of First Day draft talent.
Anyone giving Krumrie credit for Jared Allen is nuts.

Phobia
01-04-2010, 02:06 AM

Results.

He's Gunther II - big talk, high motivation tactics - poor results. This is a guy who has been given the Chiefs highest potential for years and failed.

Mecca
01-04-2010, 02:10 AM
A buddy of mine is a Bills fan and told me what an awful coach he was when we hired him. Told me "some fans will like him cause he yells all the time but that's about all he does".

Basically told me things like his stupid slap fight drill and how he got the Bills to draft Tim T-Rex arms Anderson in the 3rd round cause he was good at slap fighting.

Basically Krumrie, the only players he was ever good with were Schobel and Allen...guys who were productive before him.

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Tank Tyler and Turk McBride improved by leaps and bounds from year one to year two if I remember correctly.

RustShack
01-04-2010, 02:13 AM
I could see him coming in.. but I think Crennel will be spending a lot of time with the Dline too anyways so it really doesn't matter who it is.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 02:14 AM
Where would Clancy Pendergast get moved to?

T-post Tom
01-04-2010, 02:15 AM
better him than muir

RustShack
01-04-2010, 02:16 AM

DB coach.

ZootedGranny
01-04-2010, 02:16 AM
I hope not, he sucks ass.

T-post Tom
01-04-2010, 02:17 AM

The unemployment line?

BossChief
01-04-2010, 02:20 AM

Every single linemen he has been given. Thats who.

Tell ya what, name me a player that didn't get better each year under him.

there arent any.

I just think overall that misinformation has lead to a false hate for the guy.

Dlinemen take time to develop and nobody can point to a single player that didnt progress under him.

Krumrie was a probowl Nosetackle in the NFL for a long while and played at 280lbs at the position. He lasted and thrived because of his detail, technique and attitude. Something that translates to his players.

Mecca
01-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Boss is also good at his slap fight drill it appears.

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Every single linemen he has been given. Thats who.

there arent any.

welp,
Tank Tyler and Turk McBride improved by leaps and bounds from year one to year two if I remember correctly.

Mecca
01-04-2010, 02:25 AM
You know what my favorite Krumrie moment is?

When he had Sedrick Ellis and Lawrence Jackson doing the slap fight at the USC pro day and Pete Carroll basically called him a dipshit.

BossChief
01-04-2010, 02:32 AM
A buddy of mine is a Bills fan and told me what an awful coach he was when we hired him. Told me "some fans will like him cause he yells all the time but that's about all he does".

Basically told me things like his stupid slap fight drill and how he got the Bills to draft Tim T-Rex arms Anderson in the 3rd round cause he was good at slap fighting.

Basically Krumrie, the only players he was ever good with were Schobel and Allen...guys who were productive before him.

Boss is also good at his slap fight drill it appears.

Learning to use your hands properly to defeat blocks is THE BIGGEST THING a rookie DL needs to learn to transition well to the NFL. It allows them to use leverage and to negate a certain amount of a linemens power.

In college those players could simply overpower the olinemen, in the pros the guys that have the best technique are the most productive.

I ask again...who did he fail to develop?

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Learning to use your hands properly to defeat blocks is THE BIGGEST THING a rookie DL needs to learn to transition well to the NFL. It allows them to use leverage and to negate a certain amount of a linemens power.

In college those players could simply overpower the olinemen, in the pros the guys that have the best technique are the most productive.

I ask again...who did he fail to develop?
Turk and Tank, for the third time.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 02:34 AM

Do you also think Krumrie is getting a bad deal?

BossChief
01-04-2010, 02:35 AM
You know what my favorite Krumrie moment is?

When he had Sedrick Ellis and Lawrence Jackson doing the slap fight at the USC pro day and Pete Carroll basically called him a dipshit.

Mine was when he exposed Alan Branch with his drill.

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Do you also think Krumrie is getting a bad deal?
I think that if I saw Tim Krumrie I would be unable to contain my rage.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 02:38 AM
I think that if I saw Tim Krumrie I would be unable to contain my rage.

You would slam him like Denver did to Charles?

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:40 AM
You would slam him like Denver did to Charles?
I'm a skinny motherfucker. I would have to stick to showering him with obscenities like firebombs on Dresden.

BossChief
01-04-2010, 02:40 AM

You cant be serious. BOTH players were MUCH improved from their rookie years to their second years.

Its not Krumries fault they were drafted higher than they should have been.

Thats CPs fault.

Neither player should have gone before the fourth round.

I will always remember my comment when Turk was selected "Turk McWho?"

1 year starter without a real position that only started due to injury at Tenn.

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:43 AM
You cant be serious. BOTH players were MUCH improved from their rookie years to their second years.

Its not Krumries fault they were drafted higher than they should have been.

Thats CPs fault.

Neither player should have gone before the fourth round.

I will always remember my comment when Turk was selected "Turk McWho?"

1 year starter without a real position that only started due to injury at Tenn.
They were drafted mainly because they passed the slap drill. Krumrie loved them... and they sucked. Well, Tank was kinda sorta making strides but that's the best I can say about him. Turk was Krumrie's guy, though. Pretty damning.

Krumrie should have been fired last season solely for playing Dorsey the way he was played. Inexcusable.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 02:47 AM
They were drafted mainly because they passed the slap drill. Krumrie loved them... and they sucked. Well, Tank was kinda sorta making strides but that's the best I can say about him. Turk was Krumrie's guy, though. Pretty damning.

Krumrie should have been fired last season solely for playing Dorsey the way he was played. Inexcusable.

Good I thought you were kidding when you said Turk & Tank. I thought you meant they actually improved. Some on the board actually think those 2 were good players.

mylittlepony
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM
I would be shocked if in the personal-networks of Pioli, Haley, a new O-coord and a new D-coord there wouldnt be anyone better then him.

TigerPig
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM
The only reason he's still around is because everyone is afraid to make him angry.

Phobia
01-04-2010, 02:50 AM

How do you measure that precisely? The fact this team has been in the bottom 1/4 of the league in every defensiveline-centric stat since 2006? Are you suggesting that some players have progressed while the defensive line is setting records for paltry performances as a unit?

BossChief
01-04-2010, 02:58 AM

Turk did impress him with his drill, but if you remember Alan Branch was considered a top five pick until we went to his proday and he was exposed by TK, that is the same proday that Turk impressed. Obviosly Gun gave his endorsement because he was quick to bring him into Detroit when he was released. BTW Alan Branch fell like a rock in water.

Tank was drafted because we needed a run stopper and he had an insane combine, iirc he broke the record for benching by a dlinemen with like 44 reps. Tyler was a very much hot and cold player in college and shouldnt have gone as high as he did, but whatever, obviously the Panthers thought he had some value because they traded for him. Tank would have been a fully developed and productive DT by now if we had stayed in a 4-3 and Dorsey made the strides he has as well.

Think if he still had Jared, Wilkerson and we still ran a 4-3. His dline keyed a up and coming defense in 2006 and 2007, add Flowers and Carr to the mix that #13 overall defense and we have a top ten unit that is very very young...too bad CP was CP.

TigerPig
01-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Turk did impress him with his drill, but if you remember Alan Branch was considered a top five pick until we went to his proday and he was exposed by TK, that is the same proday that Turk impressed. Obviosly Gun gave his endorsement because he was quick to bring him into Detroit when he was released. BTW Alan Branch fell like a rock in water.

Tank was drafted because we needed a run stopper and he had an insane combine, iirc he broke the record for benching by a dlinemen with like 44 reps. Tyler was a very much hot and cold player in college and shouldnt have gone as high as he did, but whatever, obviously the Panthers thought he had some value because they traded for him. Tank would have been a fully developed and productive DT by now if we had stayed in a 4-3 and Dorsey made the strides he has as well.

Think if he still had Jared, Wilkerson and we still ran a 4-3. His dline keyed a up and coming defense in 2006 and 2007, add Flowers and Carr to the mix that #13 overall defense and we have a top ten unit that is very very young...too bad CP was CP.

Without the Allen Trade we wouldn't have Brandon Albert or Jamaal Charles. I remember being so pissed when we made that trade: I guess I'd be a crappy GM...lol.

BossChief
01-04-2010, 03:08 AM
How do you measure that precisely? The fact this team has been in the bottom 1/4 of the league in every defensiveline-centric stat since 2006? Are you suggesting that some players have progressed while the defensive line is setting records for paltry performances as a unit?

defensive rankings by year:

2004 31st
2005 25th <---last year before TK got here
2006 16th
2007 13th
2008 31st <---after trading/releasing 2/3 of his best pass rushers
2009 30th

Now, lets say that we retain Jared and still add Flowers and Carr to that defense.

It is easy to see that we would have improved upon our 13th overall defense ranking from the previous year, no?

BossChief
01-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Without the Allen Trade we wouldn't have Brandon Albert or Jamaal Charles. I remember being so pissed when we made that trade: I guess I'd be a crappy GM...lol.

I may be a minority on this too, and I love Charles, but I would trade back TOMORROW if we could.

Also remember that the correct move was to trade LJ and keep JA in that scenario.

We could have gotten at minimum a second rounder for LJ at the time and more than likely a first if CP had his fucking ears open.