PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Denver Douchenozzle Says It All: "The Broncos are quitters."

T-post Tom
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

[Not that the Chiefs had anything to do with the donks' loss. ;)]

Paige: No need for review: Broncos flat-out quit
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post

The Broncos are quitters.

They had 10 scenarios for getting to the playoffs, but the Broncos suffered the most contemptible, despicable and reprehensible, all's-quit-on-the-Western-front, worst-case scenario Sunday.

The Broncos were beaten like borrowed beasts of burden by the chump-change Chiefs 44-24. No postseason, no winning season, no season of reason, rhyme or reliability.

Josh McDaniels and these Broncos finished with a dubious achievement unequaled by the past eight coaches and 43 teams.

They lost their final four games.

And they were responsible for one of the worst choke-job, cave-in collapses in modern NFL history. They defeated the other AFC West teams on the road and were dumped by all three at home (by a cumulative score of 96-46).

The Broncos have not reached the playoffs in four consecutive seasons and own a 32-32 record in that span. They are merely mediocre unmentionables.Kansas City showed no quit, just as Oakland showed no quit two weeks earlier.

Jamaal Charles wouldn't quit running on Sunday. He had 259 yards and two touchdowns. It was impressive and embarrassing.

After the Broncos quit in the second half on two interception returns for touchdowns and quit on a 56-yard run for the last humiliating score, and quit on the season, and after the coaches quit on the players, I asked McDaniels how he felt.

"Disappointed."

The rest of us are feeling disillusioned, dissatisfied, disgusted.

In 2009, the franchise changed the coach, the general manager, the assistants, about 60 percent of the players — including the quarterback, the running backs and linebackers and cornerbacks and more — the defensive scheme and the offensive playbook, but nothing really changed — another 8-8 record and a cruel end. I asked the young coach concluding his first season, "How are you going to change the mind-set?"

"That's a good question," he replied. "I think we have to look at what may be the common denominator (with recent years) in terms of why we are not finishing better. I can't speak for years prior, but I can speak for this year, and we certainly didn't play nearly as well in the second half of the season. . . . This isn't an acceptable ending to the season."

But the state of mind remains the same.

Quit.

Jay Cutler quit on the Broncos — after McDaniels was trying to quit on him (and acquire the quarterback on the winning team Sunday). Brandon Marshall quit on the Broncos at the beginning of the season, and again at the end. McDaniels quit on Tony Scheffler, Peyton Hillis, Ben Hamilton, Brett Kern, Jack Williams and most of the other Mike Shanahan players.

The Broncos quit quickly in Baltimore and quietly against Pittsburgh. The players and McDaniels quit in Washington when Orton was injured. They quit even before the game with the Chargers here started.

But, mostly, they quit in the final month of Sundays. Knowshon Moreno ran like an indifferent man — and wound up 53 short of a thousand yards. On Sunday, Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton threw for 431 yards, but he also threw three passes for touchdowns — two to the other side. From Nov. 1 on, Orton had no comebacks for his critics. What would Jay have done? We'll never know because he and McDaniels quit on each other.

The wide receivers were supposed to make up for Marshall's absence on Sunday. Broncos receivers caught 32 passes but dropped nine.

And the defense quit playing tough and mean, allowing 27 or more points in seven of the last 10 — after permitting 17 or fewer in the first five.

McDaniels quit. His game-planning was ordinary. Third-and-1, Moreno run. Second-and-8, a pass for 4. The feisty McDaniels who fist-pumped after the Patriots victory, trash-talked before the Chargers game, screamed at his team during the Giants game and pushed the Broncos against the Cowboys, looked lost on the sideline during the slide, deferring rather than attacking, deciding to dink rather than bombard.

The longest pass completion of the season was a fluke. The Broncos had one run over 36 yards. They had two returns for TDs — in the same game by the same fellow who wasn't really part of the Broncos' plot line for most of the season.

The Broncos fooled everybody when they began 6-0, but no opponent was fooled in eight of the last 10 games.

They quit worse this year than the 2008 Broncos did. That team lost only three in a row — and the last one was on the road.

"I think we're better than 8-8," wide receiver Jabar Gaffney said late Sunday.

No, the Broncos are 8-8 and going nowhere . . . again. They are out of scenarios and season.

It's quitting time.

Woody Paige: 303-954-1095 or wpaige@denverpost.com

BryanBusby
01-04-2010, 02:50 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/k0ng35.gif

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 02:51 AM
I can't stand Woody Paige's writing. He's terrible. It reads like Jack Harry trying to teach elementary school students how to use alliteration.

T-post Tom
01-04-2010, 03:01 AM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Denver+Broncos+SBBqc44JucAl.jpg

Hammock Parties
01-04-2010, 03:01 AM
God bless you, Woody fucking Paige. Swirl your cape.

http://i49.tinypic.com/r1e5fl.gif

T-post Tom
01-04-2010, 03:03 AM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Denver+Broncos+hpdYTZb2l8Nl.jpg

MMXcalibur
01-04-2010, 03:11 AM
NOM NOM NOM Bronco tears NOM NOM NOM

8-8, 4-12, 0-16....it doesn't matter, we're all sittin' at home, bitches! WHOOOOO...er.....bleh....

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2010, 03:37 AM
I think the Chiefs players should've invited the Broncos players over to the crib for punch and pie during Wild Card weekend.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Woody is just as bipolar as your most rabid fan... look at his columns, they're all just over-reactions to the latest game.

Icon
01-04-2010, 07:22 AM
This past season we saw the Bronco's hire a new coach, trade their franchise QB for Kyle Orton, and sign a bazilion free agents. The result? Another classic Bronco choke job. What is that now? Three consecutive seasons they've choked their chances at the playoffs by losing their last month of games?

Buehler445
01-04-2010, 07:50 AM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Denver+Broncos+SBBqc44JucAl.jpg

Great fucking picture. Dude's a playmaker. First one we've had on D in...hold on , let me check. new year, 2010, ..... ....... Carry the 9..........Greg Robinson......Fuck Gunther.........Let's see.... A FUCKING DECADE.

DeezNutz
01-04-2010, 08:02 AM

Fuck me.

Did someone photoshop him about 2 feet higher off the ground? Wow.

Bane
01-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks McDipshit.I still say that was KC's best offseason move.ROFL

Bugeater
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Woody is just as bipolar as your most rabid fan... look at his columns, they're all just over-reactions to the latest game.
You hide your pain well.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2010, 08:56 AM
You hide your pain well.

I'm disappointed, but honestly... I fully expected this to happen prior to kickoff, it just had that feeling.

TEX
01-04-2010, 09:34 AM
The Broncos fooled everybody when they began 6-0, but no opponent was fooled in eight of the last 10 games.

I'm PROUD to say that there was a hand full of us that were NOT fooled by the start. We said as much throughout the year and had to endure all the chest pounding bravado by many of our resident Bronco fans (except for MHM) and countless Mainge Trolls who were in full "Back-to-back SB Champions" arrogance mode. Well hopefully all you fools learned something from the experience, but I doubt it. Looks like 4-12 IS BETTER than 8-8 after all....ROFL

Ugly Duck
01-04-2010, 09:52 AM
McDaniels: "we certainly didn't play nearly as well in the second half of the season. . . ."

Maybe Denver's new coach is more astute than we have recognized... that's a valuable insight into the Bronco season that we all apparently overlooked. Thanks for sharing!

Easy 6
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/k0ng35.gif

Laugh. Out. Loud.

Thread was over with this post.