PDA

View Full Version : Life The 90 day Sobriety Challenge

Pages : [1] 2

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
This is the time of year I do my annual cleanse. I always complete at least 30 days and shoot for 90 but seem to always come up short of actually doing 90. There are a number of things I do during this cleanses but I am just looking for anyone else who is a drinker who would like to see how far they can go. Tonight will be the last night I drink before the challenge. Any takers?

BIG_DADDY
Otter
Dayze
KCChiefsMan
Jethopper
Brianfo //// Out day 3
ziggysocki
RJ

WilliamTheIrish with a possible cleanse.

Best of luck to all of us. This is certainly more entertaining with company or as Otter puts it, misery loves company. I had my red last night and am good to go.

wild1
01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Good luck, I can't participate as I haven't drank in a long time anyway. Don't miss it at all. Does nothing for you.

Wish you all well.

Demonpenz
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
best time you can do this no holidays lots of work and for the midwest people no nice days out to lounge and drink in a chair outside.

HC_Chief
01-04-2010, 12:19 PM
It is odd, I go through cycles where I don't want a drop. No beer, no Scotch (which I love, like Ron Burgandy), no wine... nada. It does not appeal to me; makes me feel like crap if I do imbibe.

A few months pass, then "wow, Fat Tire sounds mighty tasty right now!"; and it is! :D

JOhn
01-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Good luck, I can't participate as I haven't drank in a long time anyway. Don't miss it at all. Does nothing for you.

Wish you all well.
This

Been clean & sober going on 2 years :thumb:

Really don't miss it that much, especially the next day.

|Zach|
01-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Since bartending I don't drink that often. I didn't go out of my way not to drink or declare anything there just isn't much "want" to do it.

Don't really miss it in the least. I see too many people effected negatively by it.

Demonpenz
01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Since bartending I don't drink that often. I didn't go out of my way not to drink or declare anything there just isn't much "want" to do it.

Don't really miss it in the least. I see too many people effected negatively by it.

Makes a large difference if you are doing what you love for a living, most the people who I would put as having alcohol work in jobs that suck

Chief Henry
01-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Not me dude. My wife and I are hosting 3 parties with in the next month and are heading to Phoenix end of January :)

*Orange Bowl tomorrow night
*High School Wrestling officials mid January
*Super Bowl

I can't go on the wagon now. Good luck with your attempt at this. How many years have you done this now?

wild1
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
This

Really don't miss it that much, especially the next day.

Nice work!

You don't miss it, do you? At least you don't miss the extra fat, spending all of the money you spent on it, the hangovers, the... well, you know. Once you make the change you can feel the results and you don't want to go back.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I'll start, right after I finish this tumbler of Macallan.

Otter
01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm in and I think anyone who knows me can attest to me being a booze hound when it's party time. Monday Night Football and wings then we start tomorrow. I'm spending a small fortune for Krav Maga classes and not being hung over will do me a world of good and able to kick ass.

Let's do it BD.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 12:34 PM

My drinking has steadily decreased over the last 5 years. I am far from having a drinking problem I just like to cleanse once a year. I will go very alkaline with my diet and probably have no meat twice a week. I am going to review a bunch of cleansing programs as well. I would like to complete a good 30 day program. My workouts will increase significantly. I am also going to try and really pick up my cardio this year and make one last attempt to go back and compete in jiu-jitsu. I would love to win a big tournament just once and put my son on my shoulders now that he is old enough to know what's going on. It's probably more for me than him. I want to get his enthusiasm up as I intend on starting him at 3.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Not me dude. My wife and I are hosting 3 parties with in the next month and are heading to Phoenix end of January :)

*Orange Bowl tomorrow night
*High School Wrestling officials mid January
*Super Bowl

I can't go on the wagon now. Good luck with your attempt at this. How many years have you done this now?

I think it's been around 6 years. I don't always do it at the first part of the year but always do it at least once.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
In all seriousness, good luck with it, BD.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm in and I think anyone who knows me can attest to me being a booze hound when it's party time. Monday Night Football and wings then we start tomorrow. I'm spending a small fortune for Krav Maga classes and not being hung over will do me a world of good and able to kick ass.

Let's do it BD.

Awesome, it's always more fun to do it together. I will probably lose at least20 pounds as well. If my shoulder survives jiu-jitsu and I do compete again I would like to try and go down a weight class. I don't know if I can do that though. I am really lean at 218. I would need to drop to 212 to go down. 240 right now.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
In all seriousness, good luck with it, BD.

Thanks

philfree
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
This is the time of year I do my annual cleanse. I always complete at least 30 days and shoot for 90 but seem to always come up short of actually doing 90. There are a number of things I do during this cleanses but I am just looking for anyone else who is a drinker who would like to see how far they can go. Tonight will be the last night I drink before the challenge. Any takers?

None till SB Sunday. That's long enough. In between now and then I'm gonna avoid red meat, pizza and cokes and do a colon cleanse. Clean up and clean out. And I have been a heavy drinker. I'm gonna miss my favorite bar tender this month. I don't know how high you can score one on boone and crockett but her rack has to be at least a county record. LOL And she's really sweet too.

PhilFree:arrow:

burt
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Been clean and sober for 2 months now. Not a single drink! Meh....it ain't all that. But I don't have issues with the lack of alcohol either.........

philfree
01-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Let's do it BD.

Games are over man.

Otter
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Games are over man.

Monday Night Hockey! :D

Sounds like a plan BD. I was actually hoping someone would do something like this for sake of having a partner in crime through the whole ordeal.

I can think of two people I'm really going to have to avoid for a couple weeks.

Dayze
01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm going to try something like this as well.
Going to be rough. I usually always have beer in the fridge etc.

oh well. I want to try to lose 50 lbs by July; can't have your cake (or beer) and eat it too! lol

I'll probably switch to decaf coffee or something. the habit of playing guitar while having a beer (among other habits I do while drinking a beer) will be the toughest to break.
I'll need to sub in some other liquid.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm going to try something like this as well.
Going to be rough. I usually always have beer in the fridge etc.

oh well. I want to try to lose 50 lbs by July; can't have your cake (or beer) and eat it too! lol

I'll probably switch to decaf coffee or something. the habit of playing guitar while having a beer (among other habits I do while drinking a beer) will be the toughest to break.
I'll need to sub in some other liquid.

So are you joining us?

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Monday Night Hockey! :D

Sounds like a plan BD. I was actually hoping someone would do something like this for sake of having a partner in crime through the whole ordeal.

I can think of two people I'm really going to have to avoid for a couple weeks.

Absolutely better to do with somebody else. I got a good bottle of red for tonight and some Corona's.

jAZ
01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I am also going to try and ... make one last attempt to go back and compete in jiu-jitsu. I would love to win a big tournament just once and put my son on my shoulders now that he is old enough to know what's going on. It's probably more for me than him. I want to get his enthusiasm up as I intend on starting him at 3.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Ww7V3Zgp60&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Ww7V3Zgp60&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dayze
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
So are you joining us?

hey now, I didn't say that!:p

Yeah...count me in.
like I said, I have some weight loss goals which will be hard enough to achieve w/out beer.

I have 4 budweisers left in the fridge. after that...I'm on board.
the wife should be pleased....as well as our pocketbooks.

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
I hate alcohol.

Demonpenz
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
play guitar or drums while having a beer is a habit, just need to play more drums and guitar without beer. if you crave beer and you are trying to quit google "fighting alcohol cravings, if you Really want to quit you will, if you don't you won't"

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 01:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Ww7V3Zgp60&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Ww7V3Zgp60&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awesome

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM

Yeah...count me in.
like I said, I have some weight loss goals which will be hard enough to achieve w/out beer.

Great, 3 of us now. Welcome aboard.

Dayze
01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
play guitar or drums while having a beer is a habit, just need to play more drums and guitar without beer. if you crave beer and you are trying to quit google "fighting alcohol cravings, if you Really want to quit you will, if you don't you won't"

yep. I did it once, although it was chew. AT first, guitar sucked because I was dying for a dip. But, as you said, after playing w/out one over and over again - it became easier.

gonna be rough, that's for sure. Especially since I'm getting my Tele a full-set up (intonation, strings, fret buff, fret board conditioning, action)...and will be anxious to test drive it with new tab (Tesla).

:#

alanm
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
This

Really don't miss it that much, especially the next day.12yrs 7 months. ;)

Otter
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Yeah...count me in.

Cool, misery loves company.

JOhn
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Nice work!

You don't miss it, do you? At least you don't miss the extra fat, spending all of the money you spent on it, the hangovers, the... well, you know. Once you make the change you can feel the results and you don't want to go back.

Well Luckily I never got the beer belly :D

Don't miss being broke from partying, the hangovers and all that other crap.

As for the "clean" part...yea I still miss it once in awhile.;)

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 01:31 PM
12yrs 7 months. ;)

Wow, pretty amazing. You must have been pretty good at it, drinking that is.

Dave Lane
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM

I'd join but given the fact I still have part of a 12 pack in my fridge from 10 years ago I'm guessing I don't need a bunch of alcohol cleansing. Good luck to the rest of you. I'm sure you will feel alot better.

tooge
01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Man, I would like to join ya. Really would. I am in the process of starting a venture with a few guys that involves going to bars and restaurants on sundays and some saturdays to sell our product. since our product involves food and alcohol, it would be damn near impossible for me to do this right now though. I am gonna get back on the cardio and core workouts though. I usually drop about 15 lbs over the next 2 months and keep it off till hunting season when I start eating to stay warm;)

ziggysocki
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I am in.... it will work well in conjunction with the weight loss challenge thread. I am actually shooting for a full year. I cant really remember the last year it was I didn't drink anything at all. Count me in.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM

How weird is that? I just don't enjoy playing music unless I'm smoking.

Demonpenz
01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy guitar or drums without alcohol, so what you do is get that habit worked in if you can't take it then quit playing and try again a different time, if you get sad, then well quitting sucks duh.... unfortunately those horrible drinking habits get harder and harder to break, and your the only person who is 30 and still dropping hundreds of dollars at a bar or missing appointments/work because of it. I really try to have fun without it, nothing is really the same, some things are better and somethings are worse. I think my main thing is trying to forget how things "used" to be. I still try to recapture my glory days of drinking and partying. I still drank this weekend, what I try to do now is drink with water, drink good stuff, and atleast have a day off afterwards. I also hang around my family who doesn't drink, if you can get through a couple weeks of not drinking it gets easier. If you want to quit but can't there are plenty of free help out there if you don't use it then you really don't want to quit right now. I have been to AA meetings and basicly the message I get is stay sober for that day.

Cannibal
01-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I drink one day a week. But when I do, I go all out. I don't get sh!tfaced anymore, but I get a nice heavy buzz. I should probably cut back.

Nzoner
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
To all of those partaking in this congrats and good luck,as for me January is a bad month as my ass will firmly be planted in my recliner with a drink for each and every NFL Play-Off game up to and during the Superbowl.

Dayze
01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
all I know is, I saw pictures of myself from a mere 5 years ago....and I was completely skinny and slightly buff.

now...not so much lol.
but, I KNOW it's because of the beer drinking. I can pound beer after beer. I guess the tolerance has gone up over the years. But my goal is to get down to just below my wedding day weight. If I can do that I think I'll be good. Because if that happens, I know I will have basically changed my lifestyle in order to get there.

not to mention the $ spent on beer each week. JFC.
that alone should be reason enough for me.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 02:55 PM
I am in.... it will work well in conjunction with the weight loss challenge thread. I am actually shooting for a full year. I cant really remember the last year it was I didn't drink anything at all. Count me in.

Welcome

Silock
01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't drink, so this is easy :) I'm in!

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
To all of those partaking in this congrats and good luck,as for me January is a bad month as my ass will firmly be planted in my recliner with a drink for each and every NFL Play-Off game up to and during the Superbowl.

The football games will be the hardest part for me. I wanted to do it now because of how much acid you ingest over the holidays. Alkalizing will almost guarantee that I won't get sick through the rest of the winter. Maybe I will order some Kylea.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't drink, so this is easy :) I'm in!

You're the real deal dog.

Bob Dole
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Change it to 90 minutes and Bob Dole is all over the challenge.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Change it to 90 minutes and Bob Dole is all over the challenge.

NICE, and Mr. Doles drink of choice is?

Demonpenz
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Canadian club black aged 12 years, like his woman

burt
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Canadian club black aged 12 years, like his woman

Known as Classic 12.....my fav brew!

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I like just about everything except Gin. Vodka is the liquor I drink the most and I love good red wine. Some whiskey every now and then is great. I drink more red wine than anything, I get some awesome deals.

Simply Red
01-04-2010, 04:05 PM
yeah, I'm on like day 75 :D

Bob Dole
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
NICE, and Mr. Doles drink of choice is?

Bob Dole is best off sticking to beer. The results are much more consistent than with the hard stuff.

Bob Dole is Freeze Dried Asshole--Just add tequila.

Nzoner
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I like just about everything except Gin. Vodka is the liquor I drink the most and I love good red wine. Some whiskey every now and then is great. I drink more red wine than anything, I get some awesome deals.

Had vodka for the first time yesterday in years and had a headache by my 4th screwdriver,think I'll be sticking to Crown and a splash of water when drinking liquor.

keg in kc
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Always wondered about the cleansing thing. Might look into that one of these days. I already don't drink, so I have that part covered.

Cannibal
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Makes me wonder what happened to Cadmonkey. He's the guy that kept a box that contained bottles of vodka under his desk at work! That is a hardcore drinker right there.

Pablo
01-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Good luck guys.

I'm gonna cut down to only drinking a little bit one weekend night.

New Years was a blackout binge of unholy proportions and the next two nights were pretty bad in their own right. I gotta cut the shit back and if I change my mind and go for a set number of days I'll come back and re-commit to this thread.

Brianfo
01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
90 days is a good place to start. I have been stuggling with alcohol most of my adult life. Would like to make a change as I can sense it's getting worse.

WilliamTheIrish
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
22 years this April. I'll gladly go through the cleanse with you guys.

BD, link up some of the more stable/popular cleanse systems. I'd very much like to try that aspect.

Over-Head
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Sorry BD, but hey ya got my best wishes.
I'm a Newfie.
To our genetic code drinking is kinda like breathing

bevischief
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I need to be bribed a lot better this this to even think about it...

SDChiefs
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Damn, I just opened the thread and I already lost.

SDChiefs
01-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Bob Dole is Freeze Dried Asshole--Just add tequila.

This. 1 shot, 2 shot, 3 shot, fight and kicked out.

Jethopper
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Ill give it a shot

Dayze
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
This. 1 shot, 2 shot, 3 shot, fight and kicked out.

me too.

that's why I started buying the good tequila and sipping it from a tiny brandy snifter. no salt or lime etc ; makes all the difference in the world. Usually cap it off with a nice cigar. mmmm.

Patron Reposado
Don Julio Anejo
Quervo Reserva de la Familia - Blanco

mmm.
I guess the 90 day challenge is a good thing; I won't deplete my stash.:D
tequila is my favorite liqour.

Psyko Tek
01-04-2010, 07:01 PM
no way I can play
first no will power
second the Drinking Holidays
super bowl and St Paddy's day

Bugeater
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Yes, this. If it was after the SB I'd give it a shot, but quite frankly with 2 fucking feet of snow on the ground right now there isn't whole hell of a lot else to do.

siberian khatru
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I'd like to, but it probably would go like that 90-day abstain-from-masturbation challenge I tried.

MahiMike
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I drink more than ever. Think it's just natural as you get older. I'm never drunk like I was as a kid, just a couple glasses of wine each night.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM
This red wine is pretty nice.

Simply Red
01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Can I gets a 'WHERE IS SMED?'

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2010, 09:22 PM
2nd bottle is a little disappointing.

|Zach|
01-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Can I gets a 'WHERE IS SMED?'

That guy is a trip.

Jethopper
01-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Ill give it a shot

Is 90 days up yet?

KCChiefsMan
01-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm in, I have slowly been trying to give up drinking for good. A year ago I was drinking hard every single night. Last summer I was down to 3 or 4 nights per week. The last few months I have been down to once or twice per month. No it's time to quit for good. I can admit it now, I had a problem with drinking and it put me in the situation that I am in now.

All of dozens of idiotic things I have done over the past 9 years have all been alcohol related, whether it was being drunk at the time or being cranky and hung over the next day. Not to mention some of my posts that made me "infamous" on here where mostly made because I was drunk.

It's time for me to quit drinking for good, I know I can't control myself when I'm drunk. I haven't had a drop since Dec. 20. It's time for me to kick it for good.

I'll subscribe to this thread and in 3 months hopefully I can say the same thing.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd like to, but it probably would go like that 90-day abstain-from-masturbation challenge I tried.

NICE!!!

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 12:02 PM
22 years this April. I'll gladly go through the cleanse with you guys.

BD, link up some of the more stable/popular cleanse systems. I'd very much like to try that aspect.

That's awesome, congratulations. I will be checking into a a few today and will let you know.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Been clean and sober for 2 months now. Not a single drink! Meh....it ain't all that. But I don't have issues with the lack of alcohol either.........

So you want in or have you had enough of the clean life already? 2 months is pretty good.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 12:11 PM
OK I think I got everyone. If anyone else wants in now is the time.

BIG_DADDY
Otter
Dayze
KCChiefsMan
Jethopper
Brianfo
ziggysocki
RJ

Best of luck to all of us. This is certainly more entertaining with company or as Otter puts it, misery loves company. I had my red last night and am good to go.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I drink more than ever. Think it's just natural as you get older. I'm never drunk like I was as a kid, just a couple glasses of wine each night.

After I cleanse I drink one or two glasses of red wine maybe 3 or 4 nights a week for the first couple months. It slowly works it's way back up but I am not bad for the most part. I am going to try and keep it at that level for as long as possible this time. The amount you drink is perfect.

Dayze
01-05-2010, 12:19 PM
had my last 4 Budweisers last night.

I'm ready to go.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
had my last 4 Budweisers last night.

I'm ready to go.

My plan is to get up early, train hard and come home late so I just crash. First week is always the toughest. Well that and the weekend.

When I don't drink at all I become the dream machine and I am looking forward to that. Really cool stuff. Loaded my IPOD with a bunch of material from the Monroe Institute and picked up some really nice headphones and a headphone amplifier for this very purpose.

I'm ready to rock.

RJ
01-05-2010, 01:12 PM
A day late, but I'll join in. I'm abstaining from alcohol until at least Super Bowl, maybe the whole 90 days. My stomach has been giving me fits lately and I think it could use a dull diet now that the holidays are behind us. This is a good time to start since I just happen to be out of beer.

ziggysocki
01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
My last drop was NYE, and none since... to all you in, good luck. If you feel like getting drunk, here is a tip; Do a really fast cardio workout... run sprints, jump rope... something that really, really gets your heart racing. 10-15 minutes or so, and when you stop your brain gets flooded with really good chemicals. It is enough to make you forget about the booze.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
A day late, but I'll join in. I'm abstaining from alcohol until at least Super Bowl, maybe the whole 90 days. My stomach has been giving me fits lately and I think it could use a dull diet now that the holidays are behind us. This is a good time to start since I just happen to be out of beer.

You are just in time, we started today. Welcome.

BTW I really like the new breakfast I started. I guess it's popular in Japan. I get a big plate of organic baby spinach and put pouched eggs on top with some olive oil. For those of you working on your BP this is a great time to chop up a raw clove or two of garlic. It is very filling and really good for you. Runny yolks really make the dish.

RJ
01-05-2010, 01:31 PM
You are just in time, we started today. Welcome.

BTW I really like the new breakfast I started. I guess it's popular in Japan. I get a big plate of organic baby spinach and put pouched eggs on top with some olive oil. For those of you working on your BP this is a great time to chop up a raw clove or two of garlic. It is very filling and really good for you. Runny yolks really make the dish.

I'd probably like that. Do you saute the spinach in olive oil, or is the spinach raw?

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I'd probably like that. Do you saute the spinach in olive oil, or is the spinach raw?

Raw. It is like an egg salad. I saw it on the food network and it is really popular to eat your spinach that way in Japan. For breakfast you have already had a major serving of some of the best greens you can eat with a lean protein. I really like the garlic on there too but that's me. What's amazing is how filling it is.

Dayze
01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Raw. It is like an egg salad. I saw it on the food network and it is really popular to eat your spinach that way in Japan. For breakfast you have already had a major serving of some of the best greens you can eat with a lean protein. I really like the garlic on there too but that's me. What's amazing is how filling it is.

:hmmm:
I might have to try this.
I've had poached eggs, but never made them.

RJ
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
:hmmm:
I might have to try this.
I've had poached eggs, but never made them.

They're pretty simple but do require a little patience.

RJ
01-05-2010, 02:57 PM

Sounds good. I'm a big fan of raw spinach, we almost always have it in the fridge.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Still not too late for any last second participants.

Dayze
01-05-2010, 05:52 PM
just did the "Couch to 5k" thing...

whew lol.
I'm out of shape. craving a beer....but screw it.
I'm no quitter!

keg in kc
01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
just did the "Couch to 5k" thing...It really works. I did it (the entire program) start-to-finish last year, was up to the point where I could jog 45-minutes at a time until back problems derailed me late in the year. I started it over last week, looking forward to being able to go for long jogs when spring hits.

You do the 60/90 intervals today? I just started week 2 myself, 90/120. Your experience may not mirror mine, but I actually found it easier going the further into the program I got. Just keep it going and you'll be fine.

Otter
01-05-2010, 06:11 PM
First day piece of cake, wolfing down a chicken ceaser salad, walk then read till fall asleep.

Good idea BD!

Dayze
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
It really works. I did it (the entire program) start-to-finish last year, was up to the point where I could jog 45-minutes at a time until back problems derailed me late in the year. I started it over last week, looking forward to being able to go for long jogs when spring hits.

You do the 60/90 intervals today? I just started week 2 myself, 90/120. Your experience may not mirror mine, but I actually found it easier going the further into the program I got. Just keep it going and you'll be fine.

Hm. So it works eh? I've never been able to 'jog' or derive any enjoyment out of it - hopefully that'll change.

Yep; did the 60/90 today. wasn't too bad. wasn't completed 'cashed' afterwards, but I got a good sweat going that's for sure. I was surprised.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
I always try to clean out after football. There's just NO WAY to stay sober when the Chiefs are attempting to play. In fact I think a class action lawsuit might be in order against Carl Peterson for creating so many alcoholics.

Dayze
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I always try to clean out after football. There's just NO WAY to stay sober when the Chiefs are attempting to play. In fact I think a class action lawsuit might be in order against Carl Peterson for creating so many alcoholics.

add my name to that lawsuit.:D

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
just did the "Couch to 5k" thing...

whew lol.
I'm out of shape. craving a beer....but screw it.
I'm no quitter!

Awesome. I did cardio and chest yesterday. Did back and arms today and just finished some chicken with Asian veggies and chicken. Watching the game right now and reading. Probably get up and shoot a little hoops tomorrow morning. May do yoga for an hour at lunch if I am not too sore. I should probably stretch a little tonight.

BIG_DADDY
01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
First day piece of cake, wolfing down a chicken ceaser salad, walk then read till fall asleep.

Good idea BD!

Perfect

BIG_DADDY
01-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Weighed in at 238 to start this thing. this is probably the fattest I have ever been considering I have trained so little since the shoulder delio. I am sore as hell now.

I have not found a cleanse I like that is not really expensive so I will continue to look for those that are interested. I think I will just go pick up some psyllium at Trader Joes until I find one I want.

Hope everyone is still on the beam as we are just getting out of the starting gates.

wild1
01-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I do cardio every morning (30 minutes), and in the evening a 60/90 minute workout. something basic like chest/back one day, arms next day, legs following day, then a day off. Sometimes go to the lady's "kickboxing" class or yoga class that off day. Never felt better.

Otter
01-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Weighed in at 238 to start this thing. this is probably the fattest I have ever been considering I have trained so little since the shoulder delio. I am sore as hell now.

I have not found a cleanse I like that is not really expensive so I will continue to look for those that are interested. I think I will just go pick up some psyllium at Trader Joes until I find one I want.

Hope everyone is still on the beam as we are just getting out of the starting gates.

Doing good. The first weekend is going to be tough though so I'm kinda laying low until I see how it goes.

Indeed, good luck to all involved.

BIG_DADDY
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Doing good. The first weekend is going to be tough though so I'm kinda laying low until I see how it goes.

Indeed, good luck to all involved.

Getting through the first month is everything. It's all down hill from there. Hang in there dude. We are crossing the finish line together.

BIG_DADDY
01-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I do cardio every morning (30 minutes), and in the evening a 60/90 minute workout. something basic like chest/back one day, arms next day, legs following day, then a day off. Sometimes go to the lady's "kickboxing" class or yoga class that off day. Never felt better.

Did yoga yesterday. Trying for yoga 3 times a week plus lifting. I may try to go back to jiu-jitsu next week. I have to do cardio every day.

beach tribe
01-07-2010, 12:52 PM
90 days? Shit, I can't make 9 days.

Otter
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Getting through the first month is everything. It's all down hill from there. Hang in there dude. We are crossing the finish line together.

With a lap dance and a 20oz frosty glass of Fat Tire (or what be your drink of choce) approximately 12 inches past that line.

BIG_DADDY
01-07-2010, 01:03 PM
With a lap dance and a 20oz frosty glass of Fat Tire (or what be your drink of choce) approximately 12 inches past that line.

Probably a small glass of Ciroc vodka (awesome) followed by a nice bottle of red with some home made steak taco's with asiago cheese, shitaki mushrooms and avacado.

I do like the Amber Ales when I drink beer. Prefer Alaskan Amber to Fat Tire but would probably hit a Belgian Ale if that's what I drank after crossing the line.

Just met an old drinking buddy from way back yesterday. Wants to take me out it's all on him. LOL

ziggysocki
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Probably a small glass of Ciroc vodka (awesome) followed by a nice bottle of red with some home made steak taco's with asiago cheese, shitaki mushrooms and avacado.

I do like the Amber Ales when I drink beer. Prefer Alaskan Amber to Fat Tire but would probably hit a Belgian Ale if that's what I drank after crossing the line.

Just met an old drinking buddy from way back yesterday. Wants to take me out it's all on him. LOL

Great timing huh? ROFL

BIG_DADDY
01-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Great timing huh? ROFL

Last time I saw him he wanted me to come over to his house for some appetizers and a glass of wine. 4 sushi rolls, 4 crabs and a bunch of bottles of Kendall Jackson Private Reserve Chardonnay later I stumbled home. Fortunately he didn't live very far away back then. I would say 2-4 bottles of wine a night is about average for this guy and he's been doing it for 30 years.

BIG_DADDY
01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
BTW, lunch today was the tinest bit of spicy thai noodles, an avacado (superfood) alkalyzed with a squeeze of lemon juice, one kiwi fruit (superfood)and some raw cashews.

Did the spinach thing again this morning. I think I am going to stick with that breakfast as much as possible.

Otter
01-07-2010, 03:35 PM
BTW, lunch today was the tinest bit of spicy thai noodles, an avacado (superfood) alkalyzed with a squeeze of lemon juice, one kiwi fruit (superfood)and some raw cashews.

Did the spinach thing again this morning. I think I am going to stick with that breakfast as much as possible.

So far for breakfast I've been doing the smoothie thing (mixed fruit, 2% milk, some protein powder & some other anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C, Resveratrol Complex etc) or whole grain muffin with poached egg, slice of cheese, tomato slice and garlic with some olive oil.

Dinner has been chicken salads, chili, green tea with honey & virgin coconut oil (tastes good in the tea).

Lunch is what I have to work out. I'm still going out for pizza, mexican & subway with co-workers.

BIG_DADDY
01-07-2010, 03:43 PM
So far for breakfast I've been doing the smoothie thing (mixed fruit, 2% milk, some protein powder & some other anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C, Resveratrol Complex etc) or whole grain muffin with poached egg, slice of cheese, tomato slice and garlic with some olive oil.

Dinner has been chicken salads, chili, green tea with honey & virgin coconut oil (tastes good in the tea).

Lunch is what I have to work out. I'm still going out for pizza, mexican & subway with co-workers.

I like that breakfast.

KCChiefsMan
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM

hit up taco bell's drive through diet

wild1
01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Did yoga yesterday. Trying for yoga 3 times a week plus lifting. I may try to go back to jiu-jitsu next week. I have to do cardio every day.

I can do cardio and lifting, been doing it constantly for a long while now, but yoga just kills me. It's definitely a good thing to do, but some of that stuff is next to impossible. I need to do more for flexibility... mine is terrible.

Brianfo
01-07-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm out. Sorry BD!

RJ
01-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Going through a lot of club soda, other than that all is well.

NewChief
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM

I'm jumping in here, even though I probably shouldn't as I"m not participating. I completely hear you on this. Lunch can be a killer, especially if you work in a corporate culture that uses the lunch time session as a vent session, escape, or time to do business. It's a killer, though, both monetarily and health wise if you let yourself do that all the time. Start brown bagging it. Bring tons of healthy snacks (almonds are my go to) to get you through the day with a small lunch. Find something "productive" to do during lunch that will help you refresh but be positive. Take a walk, read a book, watch some TV, do some yoga, whatever. T

Not trying to preach, but that's what worked for me (though now I usually just have to work through my lunch).

Mojo Rising
01-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Good to see you back online BD. Nice sig!

You might be able to make more than 30 days if you allowed weekend drinks. If you were allowed a couple on specified dates (SB Sunday, V Day, St Patties Day and a few designated Fri or Sat Nights) then you could make 3 months, minus 10 days, which is 80 days. This would be better than 30.

Personally, I can't attempt this with my team as hot as they are. I will be at our 1/17 1:15 home playoff game and I will definitely be enjoying a few coldies.

If the Colts lose in their game I will again have to travel south for another playoff game and the beer will be flowing again.

TinyEvel
01-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm seven days in. I am completely unstoppable at work!
Today was tough. Airports are usually my playground. And, ditto to whoever said club soda. When I get a craving I down a big glass of cold water. Works every time. Maybe I'm not a drunkard, just thirsty?

Otter
01-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Just got through a first real test.

I've been working late this whole week and went to the sports bar after we were done at the office with a couple guys to go over some nittty gritty wireless stuff.

I made sure I ordered the first round of drinks and told the waitress to make sure I get nothing but a seltzer and water in lieu of a gin and tonic. Smelled every one before I drank them.

Before we left there was a round of shots and I just said "nope, that shit kills me, not on a workday".

The waitress who is a cutie but not really interested because she's taller than me (sorry if that's shallow but I'm only 5' 9" and like girls shorter than me) seemed pretty impressed and smiled.

We're getting through this BD!

Otter
01-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Today was tough. Airports are usually my playground. And, ditto to whoever said club soda. When I get a craving I down a big glass of cold water. Works every time. Maybe I'm not a drunkard, just thirsty?

Hop on the bus Tiny! I'm thinking it will be March, warm and we'll be buffed and feeling good.

Bob Dole
01-08-2010, 01:44 AM
(sorry if that's shallow but I'm only 5' 9" and like girls shorter than me)

5'9"? Are you trying to enter the NFL draft or something?

luv
01-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I haven't drank since New Years Day. I do plan on enjoying some tomorrow night. Then Super Bowl Sunday. I'm not one who drinks all the time, anyway.

Joe Seahawk
01-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Im in!

Joe Seahawk
01-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Nope... I'm out..

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I can do cardio and lifting, been doing it constantly for a long while now, but yoga just kills me. It's definitely a good thing to do, but some of that stuff is next to impossible. I need to do more for flexibility... mine is terrible.

Yoga is awesome. Wish I started it as a kid.

ziggysocki
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Well friday night is upon us... the first real test for me since NYE.

Dayze
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
how does one poach an egg?

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm out. Sorry BD!

Come on maaaaan!!!! Not even 72 hours? Best of luck to you on this.

Going through a lot of club soda, other than that all is well.

Awesome!!! :thumb:

Good to see you back online BD. Nice sig!

You might be able to make more than 30 days if you allowed weekend drinks. If you were allowed a couple on specified dates (SB Sunday, V Day, St Patties Day and a few designated Fri or Sat Nights) then you could make 3 months, minus 10 days, which is 80 days. This would be better than 30.

Personally, I can't attempt this with my team as hot as they are. I will be at our 1/17 1:15 home playoff game and I will definitely be enjoying a few coldies.

If the Colts lose in their game I will again have to travel south for another playoff game and the beer will be flowing again.

I thought your team was the dodgers?

So are you in or what?

Demonpenz
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I had a craving yesterday because I was tired and miserable, just try to do something that wears you out even after you are worn out. Also if you ususally go to bed at like 10 and you got a craving at like 8 tell yourself i only got two more hours anyway.

Dayze
01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Last night was the first football game I watched w/out consuming beer in probably 10 years.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
how does one poach an egg?

Get a pot of water and bring it to a rolling boil. Back the boil off to where there just a few small bubbles coming up from the bottom. Add a vinegar of choice, I use apple cider vinegar and a little natural salt and stir. Drop in eggs and use the freshest ones you can get. Use a spoon to release from the bottom if any are still there after a minute. spoon out after 3-4 minutes if you like your yolks runny 10 if you like them hard. I LOVE this on baby spinach. I have added mushrooms since we talked last. I am not hungry all day. Today I will only eat a little raw cashews, an avacado with some squeezed lemon and one kiwi fruit for lunch.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I had a craving yesterday because I was tired and miserable, just try to do something that wears you out even after you are worn out. Also if you ususally go to bed at like 10 and you got a craving at like 8 tell yourself i only got two more hours anyway.

A little sparkling mineral water in a wine glass helps.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Just got through a first real test.

I've been working late this whole week and went to the sports bar after we were done at the office with a couple guys to go over some nittty gritty wireless stuff.

I made sure I ordered the first round of drinks and told the waitress to make sure I get nothing but a seltzer and water in lieu of a gin and tonic. Smelled every one before I drank them.

Before we left there was a round of shots and I just said "nope, that shit kills me, not on a workday".

The waitress who is a cutie but not really interested because she's taller than me (sorry if that's shallow but I'm only 5' 9" and like girls shorter than me) seemed pretty impressed and smiled.

We're getting through this BD!

Fuck an A right. In it to win it baby!!!

NewChief
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Get a pot of water and bring it to a rolling boil. Back the boil off to where there just a few small bubbles coming up from the bottom. Add a vinegar of choice, I use apple cider vinegar and a little natural salt and stir. Drop in eggs and use the freshest ones you can get. Use a spoon to release from the bottom if any are still there after a minute. spoon out after 3-4 minutes if you like your yolks runny 10 if you like them hard. I LOVE this on baby spinach. I have added mushrooms since we talked last. I am not hungry all day. Today I will only eat a little raw cashews, an avacado with some squeezed lemon and one kiwi fruit for lunch.

Just to clarify. You crack the eggs and drop them in, just like you'd fry an egg. A lot of people suggest cracking them into a small bowl or ramekin first then dropping them into the water (to decrease the separation and allow you to ease them into the water better).

I've been eating the eggs on spinach thing the last few mornings since you suggested it. Dig it.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Just to clarify. You crack the eggs and drop them in, just like you'd fry an egg. A lot of people suggest cracking them into a small bowl or ramekin first then dropping them into the water (to decrease the separation and allow you to ease them into the water better).

I've been eating the eggs on spinach thing the last few mornings since you suggested it. Dig it.

Cool, I can't say enough about how much I am digging this. Keep taking it up a few notches. Fresh chopped garlic, shitakis, some basil, onions and even some cilantro.This is an extremely healthy. I just don't want to make it too complicated for other people to get started. Just spinach and poached eggs seasoned is awesome.

Dayze
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM

:thumb:
I'm headed to the store after work for groceries; I'm gong to add spinach to my list and give this a go.
get up bright an early tomorrow; workout; then have a nice fresh breakfast. the eggs on spinach w/ garlic sounds really good.

Dayze
01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
any speical prep to the spinach? or simply wash and top with the poached egg?

..guess I could toss with a little olive oil first.

Otter
01-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm jumping in here, even though I probably shouldn't as I"m not participating. I completely hear you on this. Lunch can be a killer, especially if you work in a corporate culture that uses the lunch time session as a vent session, escape, or time to do business. It's a killer, though, both monetarily and health wise if you let yourself do that all the time. Start brown bagging it. Bring tons of healthy snacks (almonds are my go to) to get you through the day with a small lunch. Find something "productive" to do during lunch that will help you refresh but be positive. Take a walk, read a book, watch some TV, do some yoga, whatever. T

Not trying to preach, but that's what worked for me (though now I usually just have to work through my lunch).

Not taken as preaching at all, thx for the input.

One of my goals this weekend is to get the crock pot going with some home made lamb with rice, beans and vegetables then take it work with me to warm up in the microwave.

mmmmmmm, gassy

Simply Red
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM
If I may interrupt here, momentarily: I find that little self-improvement activities help, too.

I shared this w/ a friend a few wks. back.

These will be good self-improvement and entertainment vices/habits.

-Run on a treadmill
-bleach your teeth (available at CVS 9.00)
-watch uncoventional movies vs. what you normally watch
-cook
-do reverse leg lifts.
-have an ab workout routine you do daily (even if it's five sets of ten, 'or something)
-do a facial mask mud mask (available at walmart 7.00)

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
any speical prep to the spinach? or simply wash and top with the poached egg?

..guess I could toss with a little olive oil first.

Baby organic spinach. Wash and top with olive oil or toss with it. Raw olive oil is great for you too.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Not taken as preaching at all, thx for the input.

One of my goals this weekend is to get the crock pot going with some home made lamb with rice, beans and vegetables then take it work with me to warm up in the microwave.

mmmmmmm, gassy

I am going to make some chicken soup this weekend.

SDChiefs
01-08-2010, 01:03 PM
me too.

that's why I started buying the good tequila and sipping it from a tiny brandy snifter. no salt or lime etc ; makes all the difference in the world. Usually cap it off with a nice cigar. mmmm.

Patron Reposado
Don Julio Anejo
Quervo Reserva de la Familia - Blanco

mmm.
I guess the 90 day challenge is a good thing; I won't deplete my stash.:D
tequila is my favorite liqour.

Those tend to be my choice as well. I really like Hornitos as well for a cheaper brand.

BIG_DADDY
01-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Those tend to be my choice as well. I really like Hornitos as well for a cheaper brand.

I love Patron's especially their anniversary series both the 64 and 26. Whiskey would be my favorite with a cigar. I like tequila too. I agree with your take on the Hornitos. I usually drink the Don Julio Anejo when dinking tequila however.

SDChiefs
01-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I love Patron's especially their anniversary series both the 64 and 26. Whiskey would be my favorite with a cigar. I like tequila too. I agree with your take on the Hornitos. I usually drink the Don Julio Anejo when dinking tequila however.

Tequila is great. Patron is my first choice followed closely by Don Julio but I can't drink liquor anymore so its moot. Except for the occasional Bloody Mary when Im hungover on Sunday.

TinyEvel
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
So are you in or what?

OK, you can add me. I wasn't going to commit my sobriety to the internets because I've done this type of stuff before (even started a "21-days" thread about a year and a half ago) and I wanted to just secretly focus and own up.

Today is a tough one because weekend I usually get a twelver and drink it while working in the garage and stuff (and then usually get another one around dinner time)

I am staying the course.

One thing you guys might consider: go to an AA meeting. You don't have to commit to anything or sign up or speak or anything. Look for them online, go to an all-men's meeting if they have one, just go and sit in the back and listen. It's quite an eye-opener and might help you make the 90 days.

Last year my 100 day sobriety resolution lasted 11 days. The year before it lasted 55 days. I think I can go the distance this time.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Congratulations to all of you. Every day that goes by is another that you're able to control your urges. While I'm not a drinker at all, I can certainly understand the concept of self control. I did weigh 450lbs at one time. I wish all of you luck on this!

Otter
01-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Did you make it through the first weekend?

I was at one of my favorite pubs Saturday Night eating wings during the Jets Game and didn't have one beer. I actually have a CP poster who can vouch for me. I felt like a fish out of water. Some people say they feel better when they don't drink and like watching drunk people.

I can say with 100% certainty that I'd rather be on the other side of the equation.

ziggysocki
01-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I made it through the weekend as well. No major challenging situations other than the playoff games. And since my Chiefs weren't getting it handed to them as is customary on Sunday, I didn't mind watching sober.

TinyEvel
01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I made it fine though Sunday when football was on and I didn't have much to do the cravings started creeping in. Also, the kids had a double sleep-over Saturday night. All the screaming and stuff, I wanted to hit the bottle pretty hard ROFL

It's all good, though, those were temporary moments. I am unstoppable right now.

ziggysocki
01-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I made it fine though Sunday when football was on and I didn't have much to do the cravings started creeping in. Also, the kids had a double sleep-over Saturday night. All the screaming and stuff, I wanted to hit the bottle pretty hard ROFL

It's all good, though, those were temporary moments. I am unstoppable right now.

Get a craving, go for a jog...brisk walk... or do some curls. Get the heart rate up for a couple minutes until you forget. And keep up the good work.

TinyEvel
01-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Get a craving, go for a jog...brisk walk... or do some curls. Get the heart rate up for a couple minutes until you forget. And keep up the good work.

Yeah, it's been pretty easy. Usually a big glass of ice water does the trick. I rode 90 minutes pretty hard yesterday morning so I was eating most of the day.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Question: Is this an "abstain from all alcohol" thing or a "abstain from getting drunk" thing?

<-- hasn't been drunk in years. Still enjoys a glass of scotch every now and then.

Otter
01-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Question: Is this an "abstain from all alcohol" thing or a "abstain from getting drunk" thing?

<-- hasn't been drunk in years. Still enjoys a glass of scotch every now and then.

Abstain from alcohol.

Dayze
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Made it through the first week myself.

a little rough during football, but the cravings went away very quickly.

BIG_DADDY
01-11-2010, 12:00 PM
At this point I have not craved alchohol once. My training is picking up. Went back to jiu-jitsu and did a private to try and figure out how I can reapproach this without reinjuring that shoulder.

I am not sure how much I can be around for a week or so guys. Had a death in the family and my mother who is handling that right now is having some very real health issues of her own. Gotta head up North probably Wednesday and am extremely busy until then.

I think we have had only one person fall so far so keep it up guys. By spring we should all be in tip top shape. BTW I dropped from 238 to 232 since last Tuesday. 12 more pounds to goal weight. Shooting for 226 a week from tomorrow. Trying to hit 220 in 3 weeks.

Dayze
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
At this point I have not craved alchohol once. My training is picking up. Went back to jiu-jitsu and did a private to try and figure out how I can reapproach this without reinjuring that shoulder.

I am not sure how much I can be around for a week or so guys. Had a death in the family and my mother who is handling that right now is having some very real health issues of her own. Gotta head up North probably Wednesday and am extremely busy until then.

I think we have had only one person fall so far so keep it up guys. By spring we should all be in tip top shape. BTW I dropped from 238 to 232 since last Tuesday. 12 more pounds to goal weight. Shooting for 226 a week from tomorrow. Trying to hit 220 in 3 weeks.

Good luck BD; thoughts and prayers to your & yours man.
We'll keep this train rolling until you get back.

Otter
01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear that BD, good luck getting all that straightened out.

Another thing I noticed this morning; I took $200 out of the MAC on Friday and still have $160 of it left. That's unheard of over the weekend for me. I usually drink Guinness or micro brews (depends on the on-tap selection) which run $5 a pop then buy a couple beers for others then an appetizer and usually a Jamison or two before the end of the night.

My bill was $15 on Saturday. My two local pubs raise prices or tighten their belts for the two and half months.

RJ
01-11-2010, 12:14 PM
So far, so good, though I definitely craved a beer watching football. And with the Mexican food I made Saturday night. And when I got home from work Friday night. And.....oh, never mind.

Actually, my doctor made it easier on me today. He wrote me a prescription that I have to take for two weeks and it won't work with alcohol.

I have learned that club soda with lime is a little more interesting if I throw a splash of cranberry in occasionally. I have learned that caffeine-free diet Dr. Pepper gives me the runs. Oh, and I think my beer fridge misses me. Sorry beer fridge, you'll have to live with your feelings of emptiness for a while longer.

Simply Red
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
you all need to check in w/ BD when a craving hits, no i'm not helping w/ this much, but, I'm a good example, considering i was sober for nine-yrs.

T-post Tom
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
3:36

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/woB8Kvk0M0w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/woB8Kvk0M0w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TinyEvel
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I used to go to bed wired and wake up tired. Now I wake up wired and go to bed tired.

Otter
01-14-2010, 08:32 AM
I used to go to bed wired and wake up tired. Now I wake up wired and go to bed tired.

I can't believe all the money I'm saving. I could probably could retire in 5 years if I didn't drink.

Everyone still going?

ziggysocki
01-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah... so far so good. 14 days down.

Otter
01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah... so far so good. 14 days down.

Sweet. Another Friday and Saturday coming up filled with NFL Playoff games.

They scare me.

Dayze
01-14-2010, 09:14 AM
still going; approaching 2 weeks. That includes watching the BCS Champ game (uhhhg) and the first round of playoffs.
I've been drinking a ton of decaf coffee when I feel the urge to drink something during games etc. Seems to help.

already feel a ton better; not to mention the $ savings.

I think I can make it though the entire challenge.

RJ
01-14-2010, 09:33 AM
still going; approaching 2 weeks. That includes watching the BCS Champ game (uhhhg) and the first round of playoffs.
I've been drinking a ton of decaf coffee when I feel the urge to drink something during games etc. Seems to help.

already feel a ton better; not to mention the $ savings.

I think I can make it though the entire challenge.

I don't know if I'll stick with it for 90 days - that wasn't my goal to start with - but I'll definitely do it for 30. After that I'll decide whether I really want a beer. I've lost 2 pounds so far. I could do better if I could find some time for exercise. As it is I'm up at 6 and in bed at 10 and every minute in between seems to be filled. I'm off today, so I should be able to get some walking in.

ziggysocki
01-14-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't know if I'll stick with it for 90 days - that wasn't my goal to start with - but I'll definitely do it for 30. After that I'll decide whether I really want a beer. I've lost 2 pounds so far. I could do better if I could find some time for exercise. As it is I'm up at 6 and in bed at 10 and every minute in between seems to be filled. I'm off today, so I should be able to get some walking in.

I used to think the exact same thing, then for a week I really REALLY paid attention to it. I found that I was wasting a lot more time than I thought. It is not really hard to make time for a 30 minute workout routine. You have to really want to do it... and it might mean sacrificing something else... but it is not impossible.

RJ
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I used to think the exact same thing, then for a week I really REALLY paid attention to it. I found that I was wasting a lot more time than I thought. It is not really hard to make time for a 30 minute workout routine. You have to really want to do it... and it might mean sacrificing something else... but it is not impossible.

That's probably true. But any sacrifice I make will have to come at the expense of time with/for my family. When the weather gets warmer we'll be able to go back to our after dinner walks. In the meantime, I'm thinking of buying some hand weights to keep at work. Unfortunately, I'm not so busy right now that I couldn't find time to use them. Hopefully that will change soon.

RJ
01-16-2010, 10:36 AM
In other news, I have learned that Schweppes club soda in a plastic bottle tastes much better than Big K (Kroger brand) club soda in a can. This was a revelation to me. I'd have thought that all club soda would taste the same. Once again, I was wrong.

TinyEvel
01-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Still going strong. 16 days under my belt. This weekend has been the toughest because my wife is out of town. I'm watching the kids and nobody to keep me in check but myself. TOday we went to my brother's house for my nephew's 21st birthday party.

GOt there and went out back looking for a soda. Popped open the ice chest: nothing but ice cold beer of all varieties in there staring up at me, and a yard full of awkward distant relatives and strangers surrounding me. If that ain't a reason to drink I don't know what is.

But I held strong.

NewChief
01-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Still going strong. 16 days under my belt. This weekend has been the toughest because my wife is out of town. I'm watching the kids and nobody to keep me in check but myself. TOday we went to my brother's house for my nephew's 21st birthday party.

GOt there and went out back looking for a soda. Popped open the ice chest: nothing but ice cold beer of all varieties in there staring up at me, and a yard full of awkward distant relatives and strangers surrounding me. If that ain't a reason to drink I don't know what is.

But I held strong.

You are a stronger man than I. That's prime drinking conditions there.

Mosbonian
01-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Congrats to all that are participating in this, even if it is only for a cleansing period.

My last drink of alcohol came 27 years ago...no particular reason, just decided alcohol wasn't for me anymore.

Now, if someone can help me break the addiction to sweet tea.

mmaddog

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Well It's safe to say we are officially out of the gates. Feels funny to be out with family and everyone has a glass of wine except for Mr. Ice Tea boy. It's all good so far. Everyone else still on board except for Brian?

RJ
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
I've gone through a birthday and two weekends of playoff football without any adult beverages. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet I was a teenager the last time I didn't have a drink on my birthday.

I'm going to stick with it through the end of the month at least.

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I've gone through a birthday and two weekends of playoff football without any adult beverages. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet I was a teenager the last time I didn't have a drink on my birthday.

I'm going to stick with it through the end of the month at least.

But I held strong.

Awesome. You know it's funny, I feel better in the morning even if I only had a couple glasses of wine the night before. Not a big difference but I notice it.

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Congrats to all that are participating in this, even if it is only for a cleansing period.

My last drink of alcohol came 27 years ago...no particular reason, just decided alcohol wasn't for me anymore.

Now, if someone can help me break the addiction to sweet tea.

mmaddog

27 years? WOW, I like drinking too much for that. I won't be challenging you for the title anytime soon.

Lumpy
01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
I went 10 mo's w/o liquor when I was pregnant/postpartum. It was tough, but it can be done.

Congrats and best of luck to those participating! :toast: oops, I mean PBJ

RJ
01-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I went 10 mo's w/o liquor when I was pregnant/postpartum. It was tough, but it can be done.

Congrats and best of luck to those participating! :toast: oops, I mean PBJ

Lumpy, that's just mean! ROFL

Lumpy
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Lumpy, that's just mean! ROFL

:evil:

TinyEvel
01-21-2010, 10:24 AM
How's everyone doing so far? Get through today and that's three weeks! I think that's the longest streak for me since 2006.

BIG_DADDY
01-21-2010, 10:41 AM
How's everyone doing so far? Get through today and that's three weeks! I think that's the longest streak for me since 2006.

Finally weighed in again. This whole traveling, meeting family I haven't seen forever, missing workouts and eating out thing made it nearly impossible to lose weight at the rate I wanted. Weighed in at 226 having lost 12 pounds already. I am not sure I want to push as hard as I need to in order to reach 220 by next Tuesday. It's not a pressing issue and I should be close.

Not drinking really hasn't been an issue for me especially when I am by myself down south. When I go back home and am hanging with the family I go into relaxation mode and find that is the time I want it the most but it's really no big deal.

ziggysocki
01-21-2010, 11:38 AM

That's awesome. What is your next longest streak? I am still on the wagon, 21 days now I guess... Not sure when the last time I went this long without a single drop of CH3CH2OH. Good work to all still participating. :clap:

TinyEvel
01-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I think the longest no-drink streak (since I started at 15 years old) was New Year's resolution of 2006 -- I went 55 days. Ended at a trip to Disneyland. We put the kids in Pinocchio's kid's club and went to a nice dinner. Shared a bottle of wine.

This will definitely be a new record for me.

Dayze
01-21-2010, 05:28 PM
still going strong; approaching 3 weeks. feel pretty good.
been keeping my mind occupied. seems to have gotten a bit easier. hopefully it'll continue.

NewChief
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
BTW, I've got a condiment you can make up for the spinach/egg breakfast. It's a cilantro/mint chutney. I had it sitting around leftover after an Indian meal, so I decided to toss it into the spinach. Delicious:

1.5C cilantro
.5C mint
Lime juice
2 inch thumb of ginger grated
Small red onion
1-2 thai chilis (depending on how hot you like it)
2 cloves garlic

Food process it until smooth. It's the bomb condiment.

BIG_DADDY
01-23-2010, 03:41 PM
BTW, I've got a condiment you can make up for the spinach/egg breakfast. It's a cilantro/mint chutney. I had it sitting around leftover after an Indian meal, so I decided to toss it into the spinach. Delicious:

1.5C cilantro
.5C mint
Lime juice
Small red onion
2 cloves garlic

Awesome, I give it try some time next week. It looks great.

Well it's going to be really close boys. Weighed in at 224 today before the 2 hour workout. I have until Tuesday to lose the other 4 pounds and hit goal for 3 weeks and lose 18 pounds. My body is not too happy with me right now. My caloric intake is 1/3 of what it was. The psyllium is making my intestines ache. The wheat grass belches are gross and my body is beyond sore. i will say one thing though. Thank god for muscle memory. I can tell the difference daily.

Saccopoo
01-23-2010, 03:58 PM

1.5C cilantro
.5C mint
Lime juice
Small red onion
2 cloves garlic

Chutney? Where's the corriander? The Tumeric?

That's a salsa my man.

Okay...thinking about it, the ginger is acceptable, but still, that's still a few items away from a real chutney.

NewChief
01-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Chutney? Where's the corriander? The Tumeric?

That's a salsa my man.

Okay...thinking about it, the ginger is acceptable, but still, that's still a few items away from a real chutney.

Uhhh. What? Coriander is just dried cilantro. That being said, I think you might be confusing curry with chutney. Chutneys can be made from just about anything and usually serve as a counterpoint to the more traditional Indian flavors. They're just Indian condiments.

BIG_DADDY
01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Well so much for making 220 in 3 weeks. I ate a whole chicken in the form of chicken taco's from 2PM to 9Pm last night. My body is broken down too much and was craving protein. I will still hit 220 in the next few days so no biggy.

RJ
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
I've lost four pounds without doing anything different other than not drinking. I'm not much overweight but I'd probably look and feel better if I dropped another five.

Anybody have any tips on how to get rid of the gut? I don't have much of one but I would like to get rid of it nonetheless.

BIG_DADDY
01-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I've lost four pounds without doing anything different other than not drinking. I'm not much overweight but I'd probably look and feel better if I dropped another five.

Anybody have any tips on how to get rid of the gut? I don't have much of one but I would like to get rid of it nonetheless.

If you only do these two things you will shed weight fast. 30 minutes of cardio at least 4 times a week and have your last meal of the day be pure protein. Eat that meal 3 hours before bedtime.

Duck Dog
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Speaking of sobriety. My neighbor who is 30 yo, was taken to the hospital this A.M. with a severe case of the DT's. He may even of had a mild stroke.

Otter
01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I went to happy hour on Friday and ordered a Guinness, took two drinks and realized I wasn't supposed to be drinking. I did finish the beer but switched to seltzer water and a lime after.

Sign me up for an extra day.

We really need to bump this on Fridays around 4pm from now on, I totally forgot about the agreement. Happy hour on Fridays is like checking voice mail when you see the little alert, it just response.

Dayze
01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
3 weeks today for me. getting a lot easier. although my brother got me a bottle of Pyrat for xmas; and my brother in law got me a bottle of Patron Reposado.

so, I have
Pyrat - unopened
Patron - uopened
Jose Quervo - Reserva de la Familia Blacno
......all are calling to me.

RJ
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
3 weeks today for me. getting a lot easier. although my brother got me a bottle of Pyrat for xmas; and my brother in law got me a bottle of Patron Reposado.

so, I have
Pyrat - unopened
Patron - uopened

Hey senor, you looking for a good time?? Come inside, and meet my sister Margarita and my tia Maria!

BIG_DADDY
01-25-2010, 04:46 PM

so, I have
Pyrat - unopened
Patron - uopened

You are going to have a nice collection put together when you get done. Be careful those first few times.

NewChief
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
I went to happy hour on Friday and ordered a Guinness, took two drinks and realized I wasn't supposed to be drinking. I did finish the beer but switched to seltzer water and a lime after.

Sign me up for an extra day.

We really need to bump this on Fridays around 4pm from now on, I totally forgot about the agreement. Happy hour on Fridays is like checking voice mail when you see the little alert, it just response.

Hah! I actually called you out on that in a thread in DC on Friday. You said something about going to Happy Hour, and I replied and asked what the deal was, since you were in the challenge.

TinyEvel
01-26-2010, 02:34 AM
Sunday afternoon was rough. I was SO bored and just angry. My kids were acting up and all that and I just wanted to go get a twelver. Instead I mellowed and tried to keep busy, started doing my taxes, going through receipts in a huge bag. Man, ALL THE MONEY I spent on alcohol at stores and during meals out! Going through one year's worth of receipts like that really put it into perspective, but it was like $300 a month! That's almost a car payment!

crazycoffey
01-26-2010, 05:46 AM
I just did 60 days during training, four days non-sober, then 60 more days. R&R in February and I'm going nuts. Then I'll be clean for 7 months....

But, good luck to all, and didn't mean to disrupt the flow of the thread/thought

Dayze
01-26-2010, 08:26 AM
You are going to have a nice collection put together when you get done. Be careful those first few times.

yep lol. My wife has been emphasizing this as well.

Tequila is my favorite liquor, so I'll hve to cut in 1/2 my usual amount when sipping!

Otter
01-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Hah! I actually called you out on that in a thread in DC on Friday. You said something about going to Happy Hour, and I replied and asked what the deal was, since you were in the challenge.

Heh, goes to show you how much of a habit it is for me. Hopefully I'm not booted from the running.

RJ
01-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Sunday afternoon was rough. I was SO bored and just angry. My kids were acting up and all that and I just wanted to go get a twelver. Instead I mellowed and tried to keep busy, started doing my taxes, going through receipts in a huge bag. Man, ALL THE MONEY I spent on alcohol at stores and during meals out! Going through one year's worth of receipts like that really put it into perspective, but it was like $300 a month! That's almost a car payment!

Man, I have to admit to wanting a beer Sunday. I spent most of the day on honey-do's. I finished hanging some wood blinds, put up a few pictures, took some old crap to work to toss in the dumpster and when I finished all that I made a pan of lasagna, all while trying to watch football. You better believe that normally I'd have rewarded myself with a few cold ones, but I resisted the urge and settled for club soda and cranberry, which wasn't quite the same.

BIG_DADDY
01-26-2010, 11:03 AM

$300 actually isn't that bad. Drinking quality isn't cheap. Drinking out is ridiculous out here in Cali. $10 martini is cheap now. I will only drink a beer or a glass of wine when I am out now.

BIG_DADDY
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Heh, goes to show you how much of a habit it is for me. Hopefully I'm not booted from the running.

Nobody is going to get booted. Everyone just does the best they can and is better for it.

Otter
01-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Bumping before the 5' o-clock happy hours rolls through town.

Dayze
01-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Bumping before the 5' o-clock happy hours rolls through town.

ROFL

good call.

BIG_DADDY
01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Alright this is the deal. This week was insane. I did not get to train at all until the 2.5 hours of madness today. I finally got a chance to weigh in. 220.5 FUCK, not only am I late weighing in but I missed it by a half pound too. Oh well I am where I want to be now. 215 - 225 is a good weight for me. I am pretty cut up now. Not a full 6 pack but I should have that in a month. I will keep putting on muscle too. Sure love that ol muscle memory. It's a shame I can't lift heavy anymore though. I will never be nearly as big. Maybe I should change my name to medium size daddy. lol

TinyEvel
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
30 days today! HUGE effort. Who's still going?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-30-2010, 11:21 PM

:clap: You are the fucking man!

RJ
01-30-2010, 11:49 PM

Tuesday (I think) will be 28 days. I must confess that I don't remember the last time I went 28 days without a beer. I think I'll let it ride for the rest of the week, then maybe have a couple cold ones during the game. "A couple" being key. I feel like just a few beers right now would put me on my ass, which is a very odd thing for me to say.

I'm not trying to stop drinking - I like drinking - but I am hoping that this exercise will get me to drink less often. I think for me drinking beer is as much habit as anything, so maybe this will change the routine.

tommykat
01-31-2010, 01:10 AM

BIG_DADDY
Otter
Dayze
KCChiefsMan
Jethopper
Brianfo //// Out day 3
ziggysocki
RJ

If you All go that long why not just quit it for good? Just wondering. You must feel so much better! Clear eyes? Look at yourself in the mirror. That was one thing I remember was........my eyes were white and very happy to see that. I'm not one to judge at all. Just a question.

Demonpenz
01-31-2010, 08:50 AM
If you All go that long why not just quit it for good? Just wondering. You must feel so much better! Clear eyes? Look at yourself in the mirror. That was one thing I remember was........my eyes were white and very happy to see that. I'm not one to judge at all. Just a question.

have you had crown royal? It's fucking delicious.

NewChief
01-31-2010, 08:51 AM

Ummm... probably because most of them enjoy drinking.

ziggysocki
01-31-2010, 10:23 AM

Baby steps my friend. Baby steps. A month is tougher than a week, a week is harder than a day, a day is harder than an hour etc... I'm still on the wagon, and after 31 days I basically don't even think about it or miss it. So now the only challenge is situational... like last night, one of my best pals offering me one of his boulevard wheat bottles while KU is getting ready to pounce the Kats. The only awkward part of that is the look you get when you turn it down. :spock:

Otter
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM

Except for 1 Guinness which I mentioned earlier I'm still going. Just finished up a 5th Krav Maga class last night too. Too ****ing cold to go fly fishing or I'd be waist deep in a stream today. This winter weather is tough with the boredom factor.

Congrats on 30 Tiny and all involved. :thumb: Good job.

If you All go that long why not just quit it for good? Just wondering. You must feel so much better! Clear eyes? Look at yourself in the mirror. That was one thing I remember was........my eyes were white and very happy to see that. I'm not one to judge at all. Just a question. That's one of those questions if you have to ask...

RJ
01-31-2010, 11:45 AM

I enjoy adult beverages and haven't been drunk in years. I haven't been in a bar for 4 months and probably 8 months prior to that.

Still, I think it would be good for my overall health if I drank less often. I'm in the habit of grabbing a beer as soon as I walk in the door from work. My main purpose behind this sabbatical was to break that habit, maybe just have red wine with dinner or no alcohol during the week.

Today shall be another test of my stamina. I've passed the watching football test, I've passed the birthday test, I've passed the going out to dinner test, now we'll see if I can pass the.........(insert dramatic music here)

Smoking Brisket Test!!!!!

Yes, I am about to fire up my smoker and tend it for the next 6 or so hours without a beer in hand. I have never before attempted this feat.

I'm not so brave as to attempt this while watching the Pro Bowl. If the Pro Bowl doesn't drive a man to drink, nothing will.

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Tuesday (I think) will be 28 days. I must confess that I don't remember the last time I went 28 days without a beer. I think I'll let it ride for the rest of the week, then maybe have a couple cold ones during the game. "A couple" being key. I feel like just a few beers right now would put me on my ass, which is a very odd thing for me to say.

I'm not trying to stop drinking - I like drinking - but I am hoping that this exercise will get me to drink less often. I think for me drinking beer is as much habit as anything, so maybe this will change the routine.

Tuesday is 29 days.

RJ
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Tuesday is 29 days.

My how time does fly!

I appreciate you starting this thread. These kinds of things are always more fun and easier to do with others......even if the "others" are people you've never met. :)

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM

I don't really have a drinking problem. On a really good night I might have a bottle of red. The only time I ever feel it the next day is if I start into the hard stuff which is not that often. I really do enjoy drinking which is why I have been taking off at least 30 days every year like this just to keep the intake low and cleanse. It's really good to do that now and then. My best effort so far is 68 days.

It's the 90 day challenge and I made it so I will follow through. I gotta say it's a lot better to go through it with others. The very fact that we challenged each other makes you more committed.

You see now that I posted a thread on it here several of of us are now improving our life together. I guess the negative spin part is just Zach being Zach. You must be better than the rest of us.

Just out of morbid curiosity, at your young age how in the world did you end up being so friggen fat if you don't even drink?

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
My how time does fly!

I appreciate you starting this thread. These kinds of things are always more fun and easier to do with others......even if the "others" are people you've never met. :)

Yea, hopefully one of these days we can sit down and have a couple cold ones. :toast:

RJ
01-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Yea, hopefully one of these days we can sit down and have a couple cold ones. :toast:

Yes, we'll share a toast and beer to temporary sobriety challenges. Cause irony is so damned ironic! :D

BIG_DADDY
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes, we'll share a toast and beer to temporary sobriety challenges. Cause irony is so damned ironic! :D

You drink Vodka?

RJ
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
You drink Vodka?

I'm a fan. I view it the same way Bubba Gump views shrimp. It's not a frequent drink but it sure is versatile.

Dayze
01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
4 week tomorrow....

RJ
01-31-2010, 05:55 PM
A little LOL at myself today.

I was making a mop sauce for the brisket I'm smoking and I like beer in my mop. I knew I had a couple of Sierra Nevadas lurking in the back of the beer fridge so I popped one and poured about half in the bowl. I looked at the other half longingly for a moment. Then I thought of this thread and poured it down the kitchen sink.

But the brisket is looking good.

TinyEvel
01-31-2010, 11:45 PM
RJ, my hat is off to you.

I am out.

I fuggin got 30 days but then today completely wrecked me. Bored. Work shit came bubblin' up + all other kinds of shit and I caved. Nobody knows. I hid it. But I downed a sixer.

It is too complicated to explain but I am a loser. I will start again tomorrow and win. I am determined to win.

Good luck guys. Please do not falter. It ain't worth it.

(this post is an anomaly. I am a ****ing winner. Contained loserness will fall to epic winness all over town in teh future)

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm a fan. I view it the same way Bubba Gump views shrimp. It's not a frequent drink but it sure is versatile.

You gotta try Ciroc some time. Vodka made from grapes. Keep it in the freezer and pour a little into a wine glass and just sip on it. It's awesome.

Demonpenz
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM

I am out.

I fuggin got 30 days but then today completely wrecked me. Bored. Work shit came bubblin' up + all other kinds of shit and I caved. Nobody knows. I hid it. But I downed a sixer.

It is too complicated to explain but I am a loser. I will start again tomorrow and win. I am determined to win.

(this post is an anomaly. I am a ****ing winner. Contained loserness will fall to epic winness all over town in teh future)

I would have kept that beer in my mouth for awhile and savored every drop of it lol. 30 days is a long ass time, saved some wear and tear on the liver.

BIG_DADDY
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
4 week tomorrow....

This is a great week, hit 4 weeks today, one month Wednesday and start the 2nd month Thursday.

RJ
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM

I am out.

Hey man, you took a 30 day break. That's pretty good in my book......for whatever my book is worth.

Don't beat yourself up. That ain't worth it either.

BIG_DADDY
02-03-2010, 11:40 AM
30 Days today. I am going to totally step up the greens and really go with leaner proteins in the 2nd 30 days. Cut out coffee and go strictly with tea in the last 30 days. Should be ready to rock. Sitting at 220 now.

RJ
02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
30 Days today. I am going to totally step up the greens and really go with leaner proteins in the 2nd 30 days. Cut out coffee and go strictly with tea in the last 30 days. Should be ready to rock. Sitting at 220 now.

What does eliminating coffee do for you?

BIG_DADDY
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
What does eliminating coffee do for you?

Just getting cleaner. Don't need that much caffein. Love espresso.

Otter
02-05-2010, 04:23 PM
And before I leave work for all those still involved. 1/3 of the way BD. :thumb:

Have a good weekend all.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2010, 12:04 PM
And before I leave work for all those still involved. 1/3 of the way BD. :thumb:

Have a good weekend all.

Won't be long before we are half way. Superbowl wasn't as big a deal as I thought. I have found I want to drink the most after leaving the family and driving back to the bay area. I get out of the truck, unpack and really want a little vodka to unwind. Just an observation.

Dayze
02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Won't be long before we are half way. Superbowl wasn't as big a deal as I thought. I have found I want to drink the most after leaving the family and driving back to the bay area. I get out of the truck, unpack and really want a little vodka to unwind. Just an observation.

Super Bowl wansn't as big of deal as I thoguth. Although my in-laws had cold Negro Modelo in the frigge...that was hard. my mouth literally started watering lol.

And, my brother in law makes a mean matrini; w/ grey goose of course.
I also spied a Maker's Mark and splash of coke.

but I managed to get through it with relative ease. I think I'm approaching week 6? (My math may be off).

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Super Bowl wansn't as big of deal as I thoguth. Although my in-laws had cold Negro Modelo in the frigge...that was hard. my mouth literally started watering lol.

And, my brother in law makes a mean matrini; w/ grey goose of course.
I also spied a Maker's Mark and splash of coke.

but I managed to get through it with relative ease. I think I'm approaching week 6? (My math may be off).

Thursday the 18th is half way.

Dayze
02-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Thursday the 18th is half way.

damn.
:cuss:

I was hoping it was wk 6 already.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
damn.
:cuss:

I was hoping it was wk 6 already.

Your liver is thanking you for it. It will be good as new for the most part. Take a little milk thistle the last 30 days.

Dayze
02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Your liver is thanking you for it. It will be good as new for the most part. Take a little milk thistle the last 30 days.

take a little wha-?

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2010, 01:57 PM
take a little wha-?

Milk Thistle. It's an herb that is really cheap. You can get it on iherb.com

It is great in helping your body repair the liver. Your liver will be like a virgin all over again. Kinda like Madonna at 12.

Dayze
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Milk Thistle. It's an herb that is really cheap. You can get it on iherb.com

It is great in helping your body repair the liver. Your liver will be like a virgin all over again. Kinda like Madonna at 12.

ROFL

cool. I'll look into that (milk thistle, not 12 year old virgins).

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
ROFL

cool. I'll look into that (milk thistle, not 12 year old virgins).

I wonder who hit Madonna first. That must of been like being the first person on the internet.

RJ
02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I bowed out this past weekend after reaching my goal of one month. I lost 5 pounds and, more importantly, got myself out of the habit of opening a beer as soon as I get home every night. I might do this again for Lent, which begins a week from tomorrow.

Anyway, best of luck to you fellas and thanks for the company. I'll still be following the thread.

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I bowed out this past weekend after reaching my goal of one month. I lost 5 pounds and, more importantly, got myself out of the habit of opening a beer as soon as I get home every night. I might do this again for Lent, which begins a week from tomorrow.

Anyway, best of luck to you fellas and thanks for the company. I'll still be following the thread.

30 is great. What did you surprise your liver with?

Dave Lane
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm still good at 30 days :)

BIG_DADDY
02-09-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm still good at 30 days :)

Now if we can just get you to quit sniffin glue.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Well tomorrow we complete the first half. My system is WAY too clean. Friend brought over a Cuban Montecristo last night and I actually had a small headache this morning. WTF?

Otter
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm down to 188 been working out like a champ. There are hints of a six pack starting to pop through for the first time since college and have my first spar this weekend in Krav Maga class.

Not a drop except for that one Guinness I slipped up on. That beer is gonna taste good though when it's over.