PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Quest for a new OC.

Micjones
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
2010 brings some excitement with it considering all of the smoke these 'Crennel to KC' rumors we've been hearing lately. The organization would be remiss not to bring in an equally strong Offensive Coordinator to relieve Haley of his duties.

Who might be available for the job in the off-season?

Charlie Weis, La Canfora seems to think KC will be his eventual landing spot but this one hasn't been corroborated by as many sources. In fact, I think he's currently the only source speculating that this will happen. Weis would be particularly beneficial to the growth of our 60-million-dollar man Matt Cassel. Can he and Pioli play nice?

Rob Chudzinski, Currently an assistant head coach for the Bolts. He had a hand in the Top 10 offense that the Browns fielded in 2007. Derek Anderson, Kellen Winslow, Jr. and Braylon Edwards all posted their best single-season efforts with him at the playcalling helm. He's coached (and helped) some uber-talented TE's over the years.

Who else is out there?

I thought maybe Kyle Shanahan would shake loose from Houston, but it looks like Kubiak's going to retain his job.

...discuss.

nychief
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Jagodzinski? Naw, not part of the tree...

philfree
01-04-2010, 06:00 PM
My thing is will the new OC run the same offense Haley has been running? Same terminology and all? I think it would make for another transition period which I think would be bad for our players at this point if we changed schemes. I think the O line is getting "it" and Charles has "it". If Cassel's gonna get "it" changing the offense will only hender that IMO.

PhilFree:arrow:

Sam Hall
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
It isn't overly difficult to see 10 wins on next year's schedule.

Home

Denver
Oakland
San Diego
Arizona
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Tennessee
Buffalo

Away

Denver
Houston
Indianapolis
Oakland
St. Louis
San Diego
Seattle
Cleveland

Micjones
01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
My thing is will the new OC run the same offense Haley has been running? Same terminology and all? I think it would make for another transition period which I think would be bad for our players at this point if we changed schemes. I think the O line is getting "it" and Charles has "it". If Cassel's gonna get "it" changing the offense will only hender that IMO.

That's an excellent point, but I'm sure they'll consider that a minor hurdle if we could land a guy like Weis.

I suppose you could keep the job in-house and promote a guy like Carthon (yuck).

soundmind
01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Shanamouse wants to be with his Shanarat father.....that's what I heard on the ESPN earlier. Weis is a total possibility, I just hope he doesn't "entrust" the offense to Big Mo Carthon - let him focus on the RBs.

Micjones
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Shanamouse wants to be with his Shanarat father.....that's what I heard on the ESPN earlier. Weis is a total possibility, I just hope he doesn't "entrust" the offense to Big Mo Carthon - let him focus on the RBs.

La Canfora seems to think he (Weis) will come here.
I hope he's right.

soundmind
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
La Canfora seems to think he (Weis) will come here.
I hope he's right.

Here's to hope, Cassel needs professional help and player development has been a cancerous void around here far too long. I'm really hoping to see major strides coming into and through 2010.

jAZ
01-04-2010, 06:12 PM

Home

Denver
Oakland
San Diego
Arizona
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Tennessee
Buffalo

Away

Denver
Houston
Indianapolis
Oakland
St. Louis
San Diego
Seattle
Cleveland

I don't understand why anyone would look at a future NFL schedule and try to predict wins and losses for any team. It's to the point where the only thing you can count on is a few likely losses and and whole lot of uncertainty.

Sam Hall
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't understand why anyone would look at a future NFL schedule and try to predict wins and losses for any team. It's to the point where the only thing you can count on is a few likely losses and and whole lot of uncertainty.

Quite a few of those opponents won't be a whole lot better than us, if at all.

BryanBusby
01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Rob Chudzinski, Currently an assistant head coach for the Bolts. He had a hand in the Top 10 offense that the Browns fielded in 2007. Derek Anderson, Kellen Winslow, Jr. and Braylon Edwards all posted their best single-season efforts with him at the playcalling helm. He's coached (and helped) some uber-talented TE's over the years.

I wouldn't mind this if Weis decided he was more hungry for buffalo wings up in Buffalo over KC BBQ.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM

Every team on that list, save STL, was better than us THIS YEAR.

So, who is going to get worse, IYO?

Or is this the year of the Atlanta/Miami turnaround, + 1 year?

Micjones
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM

Or this team could just get better...
:shrug:

Or maybe we could beat a team next year that we aren't supposed to like we did a couple times this year?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
We lost 6 game this year by 7 points or less. Baltimore we aborted in the last few minutes...I don't think winning 10 games next year is absurd to predict. I, however, think 8 games is more realistic.

Bearcat2005
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I would be happy with 7 wins on that schedule, solid improvement.

Sam Hall
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
What I'm saying is there are at least 10 winnable games on the schedule, as opposed to four or five, like we've seen in recent years.

philfree
01-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I would be happy with 7 wins on that schedule, solid improvement.

I think well do waht we did this year and double our wins. 8 wins unless we fall prey to injury.

Ralphy Boy
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Home

Denver
Oakland
San Diego
Arizona
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Tennessee
Buffalo

Away

Denver
Houston
Indianapolis
Oakland
St. Louis
San Diego
Seattle
Cleveland

I'm not getting to 10. San Fran, Buffalo, Oakland x 2, St Louis & Seattle with one win against Denver.

7 wins is my guess. Maybe we beat Jacksonville, but I wouldn't count on it.

MahiMike
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM

That's a great point and one most haven't thought of. I'd have to think Haley would give in to the terminology as long as the philosophy is the same. They'd have all of camp to work it out this time.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I got my game awwwwwn

KCChiefsFan88
01-04-2010, 07:55 PM
We lost 6 game this year by 7 points or less. Baltimore we aborted in the last few minutes...I don't think winning 10 games next year is absurd to predict. I, however, think 8 games is more realistic.

An easier schedule (on paper) and a new defensive coordinator alone won't magically transform the Chiefs into a 10 win team.

Fat Scott is actually going to have to participate in free agency this offseason (and by "participate" I mean more than just signing 36 year old WRs).

I understand the excitement that yesterday's big win generated, but that doesn't erase the fact the Chiefs finished 4-12 this year.

A 6 win improvement is going to require significant upgrades to the current roster.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Or this team could just get better...

Or maybe we could beat a team next year that we aren't supposed to like we did a couple times this year?

Well, this team damn well better improve.

My point is, so should every other team in the league.

So either he expects us to become freaking worldbeaters next year, or he sees a large percentage of the league not improving, or regressing.

Either way, at this point, one day into the post season, saying there are 10 winnable games on the schedule after winning 4 this year is laughable.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 08:44 PM

I disagree. How can you say Oakland will be better when hiring yet another coach? How will Buffalo be imrpoved with questions at QB? Denver won't be a better team without Marshall. So theres ATLEAST 6 wins on the schedule.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I disagree. How can you say Oakland will be better when hiring yet another coach? How will Buffalo be imrpoved with questions at QB? Denver won't be a better team without Marshall. So theres ATLEAST 6 wins on the schedule.

You're reaching, but whatever. Making a LOT of assumptions.

Every year, people say we're going to sweep Oakland. Doesn't happen.

The past 2 years, everyone said we'd beat Buffalo. Didn't happen.

Bottom line is this:

To get to 10 wins, we're going to have to improve significantly, and a good chunk of the league is going to have to regress significantly.

Titty Meat
01-04-2010, 08:52 PM

Bottom line is this:

To get to 10 wins, we're going to have to improve significantly, and a good chunk of the league is going to have to regress significantly.

I don't think it's a reach saying that the AFC West will be worse next year. You don't just replace a talent like Marshall and Denvers defense didn't look so good at the end of the year. The Chiefs were what 1 minute from a sweep of the Raiders? That franchise won't be any better until Al Davis sells the team. Theres no reason to not expect improvement if Crennel & Weis are brought in.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't think it's a reach saying that the AFC West will be worse next year. You don't just replace a talent like Marshall and Denvers defense didn't look so good at the end of the year. The Chiefs were what 1 minute from a sweep of the Raiders? That franchise won't be any better until Al Davis sells the team. Theres no reason to not expect improvement if Crennel & Weis are brought in.

Marshall's a RFA.

The only way he's not a Bronco next year is if they outright cut him, (not happening) or they take pennies on the dollar for him. No one is going to give them what they think he's worth.

And funny you mention improvement based solely on coaching.

I remember last year when Pendergast was brought in, and people thought he was a significant upgrade over Gunther.

That worked out well.

Smed1065
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM

Bottom line is this:

I agree and think 6-7 wins would be about right after this year. The 7 or less point losses this year makes me have flash backs of last years end of season thinking as well.

alanm
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I disagree. How can you say Oakland will be better when hiring yet another coach? How will Buffalo be imrpoved with questions at QB? Denver won't be a better team without Marshall. So theres ATLEAST 6 wins on the schedule.Oakland was head and shoulders better than us this year. Hell.. They SHOULD of contended for the division with all their talent. Al, their coaching and Russell and injuries held them back.

tyler360
01-04-2010, 10:12 PM
If Oakland ever gets a QB we are screwed.

BaltimoreChief
01-04-2010, 10:30 PM
My guess for O.C. is anyone who mixes in short precises passes with a heavy run load because Cassel couldn't succeed in anything else. Poor accuracy, poor decisions, and a 1000 yard back and we'll see 4 wins.

Frankie
01-04-2010, 10:41 PM

So are you suggesting that Haley should continue being his own OC?

2bikemike
01-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I think well do waht we did this year and double our wins. 8 wins unless we fall prey to injury.

I'm all for doubling our win total for the next 2 years. Win 8 next year and 16 the year after. And those 16 don't have to be in the regular season either. In fact I would prefer that they weren't.

One can hope and dream. It seems thats all we have as Chief fans.

philfree
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
So are you suggesting that Haley should continue being his own OC?

No. I'm saying it will suck for all these guys to have to learn a new offense or new terminology after actually making some progess late in the season. What offesne does Haley run? And does someone like Weis run a similar offense? Maybe Haley can find an OC to run his offense for him?

Easy 6
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I think Weis would be a relatively seemless transition, they are familiar with each other & it would probably be a very collaborative process, with Haleys word being the final say-so.

Haley loves offense too much to just hand over the reins completely IMO, but Weis would give him the freedom to concentrate more on the big picture during the week & in-game.

HotRoute
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
im honestly starting to think we might end up promoting someone from within to OC next yr. the offense is just starting to click, and to start fresh albeit at the right time (during the offseason & not in the preseason) would probably set the offense back shich is not what we need again

Frankie
01-04-2010, 11:09 PM
No. I'm saying it will suck for all these guys to have to learn a new offense or new terminology after actually making some progess late in the season. What offesne does Haley run? And does someone like Weis run a similar offense? Maybe Haley can find an OC to run his offense for him?

Gotcha.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:28 PM

LMAO

Last year, it was eight games by seven points or less.

Make up your mind!

:D

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:29 PM

I picked the Chiefs to win 4 games this season and lose 12 back in August.

Today, I received a $500 payment via Paypal for said prediction.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm not getting to 10. San Fran, Buffalo, Oakland x 2, St Louis & Seattle with one win against Denver.

7 wins is my guess. Maybe we beat Jacksonville, but I wouldn't count on it.

San Fran?

With their run game?

Ouch.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
An easier schedule (on paper) and a new defensive coordinator alone won't magically transform the Chiefs into a 10 win team.

Fat Scott is actually going to have to participate in free agency this offseason (and by "participate" I mean more than just signing 36 year old WRs).

Not.

Gonna.

Happen.

Keep up.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:33 PM

Oakland was a 10 win team, minimum, with Gradkowski at the helm.

Minimum.

That team is sooooooooooo loaded at talent on defense and and very good on offense.

Those receivers are bad ass and the running game should have been better. It was under-utilized (much like the Chiefs).

Sam Hall
01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Possible home wins:

Denver (we just beat them at Denver)
Oakland (we have to beat them at Arrowhead some time)
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Buffalo (it's about time)

Possible road wins:

Denver (we just pulled it off)
Oakland
St. Louis
Seattle
Cleveland

We have just about the easiest schedule we could ask for.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:36 PM

Haley needs to find someone well versed in the Erhardt-Perkins offense.

Weis would be a fantastic choice IMO.

Gailey knew it as well, which made it an even more shocking move when he was fired.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Possible home wins:

Denver (we just beat them at Denver)
Oakland (we have to beat them at Arrowhead some time)
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Buffalo (it's about time)

Possible road wins:

Denver (we just pulled it off)
Oakland
St. Louis
Seattle
Cleveland

We have just about the easiest schedule we could ask for.

Folly.

People say this EVERY year.

We need to see an significant upgrade in coaching and talent before predicting wins.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
im honestly starting to think we might end up promoting someone from within to OC next yr. the offense is just starting to click, and to start fresh albeit at the right time (during the offseason & not in the preseason) would probably set the offense back shich is not what we need again

Nope.

Carthon is a major bust at OC.

They fired and replaced the WR coach.

Bill Muir? :Lin:

It'll need to be someone from outside the organization.

BossChief
01-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Dane, that was painful to see. It was like someone trying to use the wrong tool and busting their nuckle.

If you want to respond to multiple posts, hit the " icon on each post you want to respond to and when you have them all clicked (you can even quote posts from other threads) then hit "post reply" and then do it all on one page. (if you have posts from other threads quoted, you have to click on select other qoutes from below the box.

as for the topic:

Sam Hall...what planet are you from and how long have you been watching football.

Billay...they arent starting next season in a couple weeks, the bad teams on that list will be different teams by the time we play each other. To say this and this will happen because of what happened this year is a HUGE stretch.

ralphy boy...San Fran is a MUCH better team than we are and has two first round picks to deal with among their other picks, they will be much improved.

KC11111110..."im honestly starting to think we might end up promoting someone from within to OC next yr. the offense is just starting to click, and to start fresh albeit at the right time (during the offseason & not in the preseason) would probably set the offense back shich is not what we need again"

this is your best post I have read to date, and its not very good. That said, we will hire a new OC and he will run Haleys offense. I would bet real money that guy is Weiss.

Sam Hall
01-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I think we might win six or seven of those 10 games I listed.

PastorMikH
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
I suppose you could keep the job in-house and promote a guy like Carthon (yuck).

I would think if we were going to hire from within, someone would have been sharing the play-calling load with Haley at some point in the season. I haven't gotten to see a lot of games, but I've followed all of them I could on the radio and net and I haven't heard of anyone else sharing OC responsibilities.

Sam Hall
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Sam Hall...what planet are you from and how long have you been watching football.

Long enough to know that we play some teams next season that are as crappy as we are. Some of the others aren't a whole lot better, either.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Dane, that was painful to see. It was like someone trying to use the wrong tool and busting their nuckle.

It's spelled "Knuckle".

And I had absolutely no idea before reading this thread that I have to object to so many posts.

BossChief
Haley needs to find someone well versed in the Erhardt-Perkins offense.

Gailey knew it as well, which made it an even more shocking move when he was fired.

I remember us having a very heated conversation when I was still a young pup here about this very subject.

DaneMcCloud

NEVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@#*(#*)&(@*&)@(*&@)(**(*()*&)(*&)!!!!!!

PastorMikH
01-05-2010, 12:01 AM
IMO it's waaaayyyy too early to look at a schedule for next season and start picking wins/losses. Too many variables at this point. Player losses and acquisitions as well as potential injuries in the playoffs through the end of preseason, as well as coaching changes could cause most any team to rise or fall from where they are this year. For example, the Steelers were basically the same core of players/personnel as last year and they went from champs to spectators.

HotRoute
01-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Haley seems to like calling the plays. There is no guarantee we even hire a new oc , I think it's more likely we get an experienced guy to try an groom Matt cassel better

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Haley seems to like calling the plays. There is no guarantee we even hire a new oc , I think it's more likely we get an experienced guy to try an groom Matt cassel better

The Chiefs will most certainly hire an OC and QB coach.

But with that said, Haley will probably be calling the plays.

But at least he'll have a few guys in his ear and most likely, players that are better prepared.

BossChief
01-05-2010, 12:22 AM

You seem a little blind, so I will throw you a bone here.

The reason Charlie Weiss is in such high consideration is because during the superbowl years of NE and his time as HC in ND, he ran VERY effective offenses and showed the ability to develop his QBs into elite talents.

Tom Brady...went to 3 superbowls with Weiss as his position coach
Brady Quinn...coached him into a first round pick QB
Matt Clausen...coached him into a first round pick

These are the qbs he was coached.

He obviously knows how to coach em and could help maximize the potential that Matt Cassel OBVIOUSLY has.

He also has years and years of experience in the offense that Haley coaches. So, the changeover should be almost seamless. Haley and Weiss also coached on the same staff a few years back as well iirc.

If we add Weiss, there is definitely reason to be optimistic about the future of Matt Cassel in this offense.

DeezNutz
01-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah, that Matt Clausen was a valuable player he was coached, which should definitely help with Cassel's *obvious* ability, should Weis(s) come here.

I can see!

RustShack
01-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Alright Gang. Thursday Pioli will announce that we have hired Charlie Wies and Romeo Crennel.

The Deal is Done.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah, that Matt Clausen was a valuable player he was coached, which should definitely help with Cassel's *obvious* ability, should Weis(s) come here.

I can see!

You gotta problem with Matt Clausen?

DeezNutz
01-05-2010, 12:34 AM
You gotta problem with Matt Clausen?

You seem a little blind.

BossChief
oops

BossChief
<----had a few drinks

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 12:43 AM
You seem a little blind.

You're right.

Weiss should have done better by Matt.

BossChief
01-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Matt Claussen FTW!!!!!!!elevty1111!!!!!!

jAZ
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
The NFL, if it does nothing at all, proves again and again that expectedly strong teams turn out to be disappointing while expectedly bad teams turn out to be surprisingly good.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 12:57 AM
The NFL, if it does nothing at all, proves again and again that expectedly strong teams turn out to be disappointing while expectedly bad teams turn out to be surprisingly good.

Who were the bad teams that were good this year?

I think you're reaching, big time.

The same teams, year in and year out are good.

The "bad" teams are consistently bad.

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Who were the bad teams that were good this year?

I think you're reaching, big time.

The same teams, year in and year out are good.

The "bad" teams are consistently bad.

Miami, Pittsburgh, New York, Atlanta weren't good as they were last year.

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 01:04 AM

If you want to respond to multiple posts, hit the " icon on each post you want to respond to and when you have them all clicked (you can even quote posts from other threads) then hit "post reply" and then do it all on one page. (if you have posts from other threads quoted, you have to click on select other qoutes from below the box.

as for the topic:

Billay...they arent starting next season in a couple weeks, the bad teams on that list will be different teams by the time we play each other. To say this and this will happen because of what happened this year is a HUGE stretch.

ralphy boy...San Fran is a MUCH better team than we are and has two first round picks to deal with among their other picks, they will be much improved.

KC11111110..."im honestly starting to think we might end up promoting someone from within to OC next yr. the offense is just starting to click, and to start fresh albeit at the right time (during the offseason & not in the preseason) would probably set the offense back shich is not what we need again"

this is your best post I have read to date, and its not very good. That said, we will hire a new OC and he will run Haleys offense. I would bet real money that guy is Weiss.

BossChief the Raiders have lost 10+ games for how many years now? The Broncos have sucked the 2nd half of the season for how many years now? These teams are consistant at sucking.

BossChief
01-05-2010, 01:14 AM
BossChief the Raiders have lost 10+ games for how many years now? The Broncos have sucked the 2nd half of the season for how many years now? These teams are consistant at sucking.

The Raiders are a qb away from being a pretty good team.

The Broncos are a couple players away from being a top five draft pick squad.

One day after the season ends is not the right place to start proclaiming which games are wins and losses next year.

Thats my point.

I didnt mean it as an attack, apart from your views on Carr (which I know, he shit the bed) Pollard and Mike Brown..I value most of your additions.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Miami, Pittsburgh, New York, Atlanta weren't good as they were last year.

Look up my predictions: I said that Miami wouldn't be 8-8 this year.

Pittburgh fell off due to injuries after a Super Bowl season.

The Giants lost their defensive coordinator and tried to break in two rookie wide receivers.

Atlanta was devastated by injuries.

All of those teams you mentioned with the exception of Miami finished 9-7.

And will all of that being sad, none of those teams were "bad".

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 01:19 AM
The Raiders are a qb away from being a pretty good team.

The Broncos are a couple players away from being a top five draft pick squad.

One day after the season ends is not the right place to start proclaiming which games are wins and losses next year.

Thats my point.

I didnt mean it as an attack, apart from your views on Carr (which I know, he shit the bed) Pollard and Mike Brown..I value most of your additions.

Thanks BossChief but part of the reason Cable is getting fired is because he dissed Jamarcus Russell. Whoever the new coach is will have to play Jamarcus and thats why Al Davis needs to sell the team.

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Look up my predictions: I said that Miami wouldn't be 8-8 this year.

Pittburgh fell off due to injuries after a Super Bowl season.

The Giants lost their defensive coordinator and tried to break in two rookie wide receivers.

Atlanta was devastated by injuries.

All of those teams you mentioned with the exception of Miami finished 9-7.

And will all of that being sad, none of those teams were "bad".

I disagree. Losing to KC, Cleveland, and Oakland during the stretch of the season is bad. The Giants? They got there ass kicked the last few games. Injuries happen and good teams overcome them. If Pioli makes some good moves theres no reason this team can't win 4 more games next year and that atleast puts them in competition for the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 01:24 AM
I disagree. Losing to KC, Cleveland, and Oakland during the stretch of the season is bad. The Giants? They got there ass kicked the last few games. Injuries happen and good teams overcome them. If Pioli makes some good moves theres no reason this team can't win 4 more games next year and that atleast puts them in competition for the playoffs.

So you're going on record as saying that 9-7 teams are bad?

Is that correct?

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 01:25 AM
So you're going on record as saying that 9-7 teams are bad?

Is that correct?

9-7 is meh. Are you going to say the 2006 Chiefs were a "good" team?

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 01:37 AM
9-7 is meh. Are you going to say the 2006 Chiefs were a "good" team?

Wait a second:

You stated that Pittburgh, the NY Giants, Atlanta and Miami were quote "Bad teams".

No where did *I* state they were good teams this season. But a 9-7 team isn't a "bad team".

Do you know what's bad, Bill?

1-15. 2-14. 3-13. 4-12. 5-11.

Those are BAD teams.

As for the 2006 Chiefs? Herm fucked up. The Chiefs would have had a MUCH better chance of winning in Indy with Huard, who moved the team offensively better than Green, who was clearly shot at that point.

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Wait a second:

You stated that Pittburgh, the NY Giants, Atlanta and Miami were quote "Bad teams".

No where did *I* state they were good teams this season. But a 9-7 team isn't a "bad team".

Do you know what's bad, Bill?

1-15. 2-14. 3-13. 4-12. 5-11.

Those are BAD teams.

As for the 2006 Chiefs? Herm ****ed up. The Chiefs would have had a MUCH better chance of winning in Indy with Huard, who moved the team offensively better than Green, who was clearly shot at that point.

1-15 or 9-7 doesn't matter if you don't make the playoffs. I didn't say they all were "bad" but "meh" certainly fits the description of those teams that were listed.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 01:43 AM
1-15 or 9-7 doesn't matter if you don't make the playoffs. I didn't say they all were "bad" but "meh" certainly fits the description of those teams that were listed.

Atlanta had serious injuries to their starters.

The Giants had injuries, the loss of their DC and rookie WR's.

Pittsburgh lost Ben against the Chiefs and played most of the season without Polamalu (among others).

Miami was a mirage and finished where they should have been.

There are reasons why they slipped and as long as those players return to healthy status next year, they'll be back in the running (save Miami).

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Atlanta had serious injuries to their starters.

The Giants had injuries, the loss of their DC and rookie WR's.

Pittsburgh lost Ben against the Chiefs and played most of the season without Polamalu (among others).

Miami was a mirage and finished where they should have been.

There are reasons why they slipped and as long as those players return to healthy status next year, they'll be back in the running (save Miami).

Injuries happen to every team so back to the orginal discussion about how can the Chiefs win more games and somehow make the playoffs bingo theres your answer.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Injuries happen to every team so back to the orginal discussion about how can the Chiefs win more games and somehow make the playoffs bingo theres your answer.

What devastating injuries occurred to the Colts, Packers, Vikings, Saints and Chargers this year? Or the Jets, Ravens, Cardinals or Cowboys?

What's the original discussion? The "right" OC for the Chiefs?

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 02:03 AM
What devastating injuries occurred to the Colts, Packers, Vikings, Saints and Chargers this year? Or the Jets, Ravens, Cardinals or Cowboys?

What's the original discussion? The "right" OC for the Chiefs?

The Colts had injuries to some key players but they are a good team and overcame them. Same for the Packers and Chargers. The Jets backed into the playoffs.

I was talking about the discussion about how the Chiefs could possibly compete for 8 or 9 wins someone else said 10.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 02:07 AM
The Colts had injuries to some key players but they are a good team and overcame them. Same for the Packers and Chargers. The Jets backed into the playoffs.

The Jets had the number one defense in terms of yardage and points allowed. They had the number one rushing offense.

They in no way, shape or form "backed in" the playoffs.

After they beat Cincy this weekend, they'll be a tough test for an Indy team that will have taken nearly a month off.

Indy's fucking stupid.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 02:09 AM

I was talking about the discussion about how the Chiefs could possibly compete for 8 or 9 wins someone else said 10.

Neither the Colts, Chargers or Packers lost their QB for any amount of time this season.

Neither the Colts, Chargers or Packers lost their number one running back this past season.

You're comparing apples to oranges and your analogy doesn't work.

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 02:11 AM
The Jets had the number one defense in terms of yardage and points allowed. They had the number one rushing offense.

They in no way, shape or form "backed in" the playoffs.

After they beat Cincy this weekend, they'll be a tough test for an Indy team that will have taken nearly a month off.

Indy's ****ing stupid.

Indy and Cincy rested their players dude.

Titty Meat
01-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Neither the Colts, Chargers or Packers lost their QB for any amount of time this season.

Neither the Colts, Chargers or Packers lost their number one running back this past season.

You're comparing apples to oranges and your analogy doesn't work.

Colts Sanders & Gonzalez. Packers lost numerous key players on defense.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Colts Sanders & Gonzalez. Packers lost numerous key players on defense.

Gonzalez was easily replaced, so that's not an issue.

The Colts were 14-0 so I'd say their injuries weren't an issue.

The Packers defense was massively improved and clearly benefited from rookies BJ Raji and Clay Mathews. Their defense was their Achilles Heel last year.

And that's the point: If a team has an injury but no backup to step up, that team has been hurt. There is no one like Matt Ryan or Michael Turner or Sam Baker in Atlanta (three keys to their success last year) and so on.

If the Colts had lost Manning but went 14-0, you'd have a point.

But, they didn't.

RustShack
01-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Alright Gang. Thursday Pioli will announce that we have hired Charlie Wies and Romeo Crennel.

The Deal is Done.

I said this mother fuckers, and it will be official tomorrow!