PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who would you like to see as our DC?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-06-2010, 06:18 PM
With the OC question answered...who would you like to see as our DC?

Haley's presser today made it sound as if Clancy was safe, however the window "I" feel was left open in that he will be retained but used in some other capacity...

We all have heard about Romeo, but who are other possible DC out there you would like us to see bring in?

Mangini [if released]...? I don't know, what would be other viable DC options?

luv
01-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I hear Herm Edwards is available.

Titty Meat
01-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Todd Bowles

Mr_Tomahawk
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Todd Bowles

:hmmm: Why come? I know nothing of him...

DeezNutz
Even Scott Pioli wouldn't hire Mangini (I hope).

Titty Meat
:hmmm: Why come? I know nothing of him...

His resume as a secondary coach in Dallas & Cleveland was nothing short of amazing. I think he's the assistant head coach in Miami right now.

DeezNutz
01-06-2010, 06:27 PM
:hmmm: Why come?

It feels good.

Deberg_1990
Kurt Schottenheimer

Hog's Gone Fishin
That head coach the jets got. i can't think of his name. I don't think he's available anyway.

luv
It feels good.

ROFL

Red Brooklyn
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
It feels good.
:shake:

ROFL

:shake:

MahiMike
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Haslett

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Wade Phillips. But it's fleeting with every Dallas victory.

luv
01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Wade Phillips. But it's fleeting with every Dallas victory.

Last interview I saw with Mr Jones, he basically said no one had anything to worry about.

RustShack
01-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Who are previous 3-4 DC's on the market?

RustShack
01-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Last interview I saw with Mr Jones, he basically said no one had anything to worry about.

Until after Dallas is out of the Playoffs.

Titty Meat
01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Adam_Schefter It's likely to be a New England reunion: Now that Charlie Weis has agreed to work in Kansas City, Romeo Crennel will not be far behind.
28 minutes ago from UberTwitter

KC kid
01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
All the know it alls on the board will never say who they want as DC. . . They will just complain when we hire someone

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM

I think particularly now that Shanahan has signed. After they shut out Philly to win the division I think that by itself probably sealed the deal, but if they win their first playoff game, you never know. I don't think it's too realistic anymore.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Adam_Schefter It's likely to be a New England reunion: Now that Charlie Weis has agreed to work in Kansas City, Romeo Crennel will not be far behind.
28 minutes ago from UberTwitter

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/charlie-weis-becomes-chiefs-offensive-coordinator/

Charlie Weis Becomes Chiefs Offensive Coordinator

Charlie Weis
Former Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis has agreed to become the new offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.

An official announcement is expected within the next 24-48 hours according to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

“He’s a coach that system-wise, I would say we’re as close as you can be,” Chiefs coach Todd Haley said Wednesday before word of Weis’ hiring leaked. “Charlie’s a guy I consider a friend and I’ve talked to throughout the year, no different from some of the other guys I lean on for things and advice.”

Weis is inheriting a quarterback in Matt Cassel who is familiar with his style of offense from his days with the New England Patriots, although he was drafted after Weis left for South Bend.

Perhaps that will help the last offseason’s big free agent acquisition improve in 2010.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Romeo Crennel will also be joining the Chiefs as the defensive coordinator shortly.

Titty Meat
01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/charlie-weis-becomes-chiefs-offensive-coordinator/

Charlie Weis Becomes Chiefs Offensive Coordinator

Charlie Weis
Former Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis has agreed to become the new offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.

An official announcement is expected within the next 24-48 hours according to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

“He’s a coach that system-wise, I would say we’re as close as you can be,” Chiefs coach Todd Haley said Wednesday before word of Weis’ hiring leaked. “Charlie’s a guy I consider a friend and I’ve talked to throughout the year, no different from some of the other guys I lean on for things and advice.”

Weis is inheriting a quarterback in Matt Cassel who is familiar with his style of offense from his days with the New England Patriots, although he was drafted after Weis left for South Bend.

Perhaps that will help the last offseason’s big free agent acquisition improve in 2010.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Romeo Crennel will also be joining the Chiefs as the defensive coordinator shortly.

Thanks. So whats Schefter basing this on? I thought it was reported Haley hasn't talked to Crennel?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks. So whats Schefter basing this on? I thought it was reported Haley hasn't talked to Crennel?

That is what I thought too...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Someone who runs the 4-3, but that will never happen.

BigMeatballDave
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Fucking hell! Clancy must give great head. Maybe they'll have Pederass coach the DL and hire Crennel.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Someone who runs the 4-3, but that will never happen.

Agreed.

So since that's fucked, I'd want Bowles. Phillips would be fine as well.

I wanted them to hire Bowles last year.

dilligaf
01-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Mike Nolan...oh, never mind.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2010, 09:40 AM
....anyone else?

This is the time to go on record and state your case on who and why...

BigRedChief
01-07-2010, 09:44 AM
....anyone else?

This is the time to go on record and state your case on who and why...moot point. The job is Crennel's to turn down.

whoman69
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
If Bowles is asst HC in Miami there is no way we could get him unless his contract is up. We can't talk to him because the move to KC would at best be a lateral move.

BossChief
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Until after Dallas is out of the Playoffs.

moot point. The job is Crennel's to turn down.

did you read that Crennel is on "vacation" till monday?

I bet this is KC holding off till after the Dallas playoff raping by Philly before signing anyone.

Wade Phillips would be a great pickup and a fantastic set of coordinators that could lead us to a championship if Pioli can get them some players.

Dorsey would be a dominant player if Wade was our DC.

The Bad Guy
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM

I bet this is KC holding off till after the Dallas playoff raping by Philly before signing anyone.

Wade Phillips would be a great pickup and a fantastic set of coordinators that could lead us to a championship if Pioli can get them some players.

Dorsey would be a dominant player if Wade was our DC.

Your bet would be wrong.

The Chiefs aren't waiting for Wade Phillips. They are waiting for Romeo. From what my source told me, it's Romeo or another year of Pendergast.

Let's pretend he's going to get axed from Dallas, why in god's name would he come here? He's be sought after by much more teams with far more talent than this defense.

BigRedChief
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM

Dorsey would be a dominant player if Wade was our DC.Nope. It's Crennel or no one. It's a process.;)

BossChief
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Your bet would be wrong.

The Chiefs aren't waiting for Wade Phillips. They are waiting for Romeo. From what my source told me, it's Romeo or another year of Pendergast.

Let's pretend he's going to get axed from Dallas, why in god's name would he come here? He's be sought after by much more teams with far more talent than this defense.

you trying to make me cry?

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
1. Bowles
2. Crennel
3-6,692,030,276. Anyone else.
6,692,030,277. Clancy Pendergast

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I have done some reading on Bowles. Did not know much about him before this thread.

I really like him...

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 01:01 PM
I have done some reading on Bowles. Did not know much about him before this thread.

I really like him...

Having played safety and currently serving as a secondary coach in a 3-4 (with the Dolphins) would be a perfect fit, IMHO.

Also, the guy has swagger and confidence unlike many I've seen. I would be thrilled. And I don't believe it would be a lateral move even with the Assistant Head Coach title because he's currently not a defensive coordinator.

Hydrae
01-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I am disappointed, I was hoping Lovie would get fired in Chicago and we could get him for our DC. Ah well...

Touchdown Bowe
01-07-2010, 01:24 PM
1. Wade Phillips wont be fired..they just won the NFC East. I dont see Jerry firing Wade this offseason.

2. Wade would never come here even if he was fired

whoman69
01-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Having played safety and currently serving as a secondary coach in a 3-4 (with the Dolphins) would be a perfect fit, IMHO.

Also, the guy has swagger and confidence unlike many I've seen. I would be thrilled. And I don't believe it would be a lateral move even with the Assistant Head Coach title because he's currently not a defensive coordinator.

According to the league a coordinator is not a step up from a position coach. I know it sounds strange, but that's how the system works. Asst. head coach is. Thus we can't talk to him while he's under contract unless we have permission from his current team, which they will only sometimes grant.

Molitoth
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
no frickin clue

The Bad Guy
01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I am disappointed, I was hoping Lovie would get fired in Chicago and we could get him for our DC. Ah well...

And run the Cover 2 again?

No freaking thank you.

BossChief
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
1. Wade Phillips wont be fired..they just won the NFC East. I dont see Jerry firing Wade this offseason.

2. Wade would never come here even if he was fired

Jerry wouldn't need to fire him, from what Ive read and heard he is in his last year of his current contract.

What makes you think Wade wouldn't come to KC?

No freaking thank you.
this

KCBOSS1
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM

Yeah, Jerry Jones wouldn't say anything that would be a distraction to the coaching staff as long as they are still in playoffs. But if they lose their first playoff game, he's gonna blow an artery.

chefsos
01-07-2010, 09:33 PM
1. Bowles
2. Crennel
3-6,692,030,276. Anyone else.
6,692,030,277. Clancy Pendergast
So you're saying there's a chance... /GRob

BossChief
01-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Its not good enough to just make the playoffs every couple years in Dallas. If he doesn't win an least one playoff game, a change will almost surely be made.

The Bad Guy
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Jerry wouldn't need to fire him, from what Ive read and heard he is in his last year of his current contract.

What makes you think Wade wouldn't come to KC?

this

He has an option on his contract from what I understand.

HemiEd
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM

No freaking thank you.

When Lovie was interviewed on the local news last night, he said that every team in the NFL runs the cover 2.

He is really under a lot of heat, but he is working for the cheapest owners in the NFL, so they won't eat his contract.

Oxford
01-08-2010, 06:35 AM
When Lovie was interviewed on the local news last night, he said that every team in the NFL runs the cover 2.

He is really under a lot of heat, but he is working for the cheapest owners in the NFL, so they won't eat his contract.

Can you tell me who is coaching the Cover 0 (other than us)? Our safety's seem very adept at this coverage

Fritz88
01-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Mecca

The Bad Guy
01-08-2010, 06:49 AM

Every team runs a variation of a cover 2 when they go to a zone defense with 2 high safeties.

BigRedChief
01-08-2010, 07:35 AM

No freaking thank you.I think every team in the NFL is running a variation of the cover 2 defense principles.

soundmind
01-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Well, with Romeo "where for art thou donuts" Crennel allegedly in talks with the Giants (per his agent), and Haley & Co. simply having "not been in contact in that regard"....looks like another 12 months of CLANCY-TIME!

Stop. Breathe. Nausea is a normal reaction to the fear inherent in that possibility.

I know it hasn't even been a week, but in terms of these motions, that's an eternity. If Clancy was on the out, he'd be gone already. I know a lot would say he's being retained either way, and I understand, but every day that passes without a Romeo in house lessens the chances of it happening greatly.

Rausch
01-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I'd $#it rainbows and piss goldschlager if we got Dick LeBeau or Dom Capers.

No, it can't and won't happen.

That's just who I'd like...