PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Props to Haley

KC kid
01-06-2010, 07:06 PM
I have been very critical of Todd Haley this year. However, if he brings in Weis and lets him call plays, he shows he cares about winning so much that he is willing to put his ego aside in order to win.

of course, Pioli could have threatened him too

FAX
01-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't think Haley's decision to take over the OC duties had anything to do with ego. It is my belief that he honestly felt that it was the best thing for the team and its growth.

I don't know why it's so difficult for some people to come to grips with the idea that Haley has the team's best interests in mind and that he is sincere when he says his goal is to build a team that competes year in and year out for the playoffs and Super Bowl. They ignore the fact that he is obviously a hard worker and passionate about winning.

By the way, I watched the Denver game again this afternoon and noticed that, as time elapsed, Dwayne Bowe came up behind Haley and gave him a big, long hug. He hugged and hugged. Then he hugged some more. Some months ago, the Haters were wrenching their panties about how Haley had alienated Bowe. Wacky Haters.

FAX

threebag
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I have loved the idea of Haley from the start. I am just waiting for Kurt Warner to tie it all together.

soundmind
01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't think Haley's decision to take over the OC duties had anything to do with ego. It is my belief that he honestly felt that it was the best thing for the team and its growth.

Wacky Haters.

FAX

Exactly. What I've gathered about the decision to relieve Chan, was that it was a decision made in order to start the team down the right offensive path, not another year's worth of wasted time on jerry-rigged gimmick plays for Thigpen. It was unfortunate that it wasn't realized earlier, but really, when was that suppose to get done? Haley was hired after everyone else was already 3 weeks into their offseasons. They thought things could work for a year, but saw one too many Pistol formations and decided to pull the ripchord now as opposed to later.

LaChapelle
01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Last offseason was the best ever!
The year before that was the best draft ever!
I'm runnin out of !s

wild1
01-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't know why it's so difficult for some people to come to grips with the idea that Haley has the team's best interests in mind and that he is sincere when he says his goal is to build a team that competes year in and year out for the playoffs and Super Bowl. They ignore the fact that he is obviously a hard worker and passionate about winning.

Haley sprung forth from Satan's loins, and upon his birth, immediately devoured a pike strung up with dead babies. After that, he threw a kitten into a wood chipper and then kissed a Broncos cheerleader. Then he expressed hope that Matt Cassel could be a QB in the NFL. If you can get behind that, FAX, be my guest.

FloridaMan88
01-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Spare me the love fest until the Chiefs actually do something in free agency in two months.

Haley could add Jesus Christ to the coaching staff and it won't make a difference unless the talent level on this roster is upgraded.

Dante84
01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Haley could add Jesus Christ to the coaching staff and it won't make a difference unless the talent level on this roster is upgraded.

But God Damn, you know he'd make sacrifices. He'd be crucified if his unit didn't work out.

BigRedChief
01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I have been very critical of Todd Haley this year. However, if he brings in Weis and lets him call plays, he shows he cares about winning so much that he is willing to put his ego aside in order to win. of course, Pioli could have threatened him tooThere was a meeting between Pioli, Clark Hunt and Haley last week. Then the offer went out to Weiss. Only those 3 will ever know who's idea it was or who forced or not forced Weiss on who.

FAX
01-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Spare me the love fest until the Chiefs actually do something in free agency in two months.

Quite true. Still, you can have the best ship to sail the seven seas and if your captain is a doofus, you are likely to wind up stranded on some isolated island for 30 years, eating coconut three times a day, and eventually attempting to develop an intimate relationship with a chimpanzee.

FAX

threebag
01-06-2010, 08:29 PM
That will repay your love by ripping your feet and face off?

Boris The Great
01-06-2010, 08:29 PM
There was a meeting between Pioli, Clark Hunt and Haley last week. Then the offer went out to Weiss. Only those 3 will ever know whos idea it was or who forced or not forced Weiss on who.

Its been reported that the team has had regular contact with Weiss since he was fired, Haley himself said Weis is one of the guys he has gone to for advice, and ESPN has said repeatedly today that Haley was the one pushing to bring Weis in.

There is no mystery here.

MahiMike
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Haley's da bomb!

BigRedChief
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Its been reported that the team has had regular contact with Weiss since he was fired, Haley himself said Weis is one of the guys he has gone to for advice, and ESPN has said repeatedly today that Haley was the one pushing to bring Weis in.

Yeah but I said it before any of those ever said a word about it. They are confirming my post's truth.:harumph:

Marcellus
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Why would Haley NOT want Weiss? You know how much of a load that takes off his shoulders.

A good manager knows the better the people he has working under him the easier his job is and the easier it is to succeed.

All this ego bullshit has been hilarious. Yea he gets pissed and yells because he is a hot head and passionate. That doesn't mean he wants all the glory for himself.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-06-2010, 09:00 PM

By the way, I watched the Denver game again this afternoon and noticed that, as time elapsed, Dwayne Bowe came up behind Haley and gave him a big, long hug. He hugged and hugged. Then he hugged some more. Some months ago, the Haters were wrenching their panties about how Haley had alienated Bowe. Wacky Haters.

FAX

Don't read too much into it. I am not saying Haley did alienate Bowe, but when you have a big win like that, you feel a lot of emotion towards the guys that you have been going to battle with... even when you don't like them.

PunkinDrublic
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I think now that the seasons over Haley will be able to greater correct his overall approach.
It's not as easy to reflect on things during the season when you've got to prepare for a new opponet
every week. Haleys had to eat a lot of humble pie this season, but I still believe he will learn
from it and become a better coach
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
01-06-2010, 09:18 PM

Please, provide a list of free agents that will be available with the uncapped year coming up.

milkman
01-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Quite true. Still, you can have the best ship to sail the seven seas and if your captain is a doofus, you are likely to wind up stranded on some isolated island for 30 years, eating coconut three times a day, and eventually attempting to develop an intimate relationship with a chimpanzee.

FAX

So, our front office and coaching staff are like the crew and passengers of Gilligan's Island?

ChiTown
01-06-2010, 09:22 PM
So, our front office and coaching staff are like the crew and passengers of Gilligan's Island?

Uh, is it appropriate to ask who might be playing the roles of Marianne and Ginger?

:D

milkman
01-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Uh, is it appropriate to ask who might be playing the roles of Marianne and Ginger?

:D

Clancy and Tim.

I bet you're putting it back in your pants now.

ChiTown
01-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Clancy and Tim.

I bet you're putting it back in your pants now.

Ummm, Clancy..................

I need a moment, thanks.

LaChapelle
01-06-2010, 10:32 PM
"You could be great Jamaal"
Todd Haley as Charles came off the field in Denver