PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it starting to become pathetic how Patriots-like we're trying to be?

TigerPig
01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I mean, do other teams and analysts think, "They are so smart for going after Weis, Cassel, and (possibly) Crennel, to try and bring that winning attitude to KC!" Or are they thinking, "How pathetic, they can't even make their own decisions on coaching and are just trying to copy New England as much as possible!"

Its pretty obvious we're ripping off the Patriots' philosophy. We're not copying it, we're literally trying to take the exact personnel and players they had and win with them here. Is this a smart, tactful thing? Or a sad and pathetic thing?

FTR I don't see a problem with it. If we start winning, they can change Cassel's name to Tom Brady and put Haley in a huge hoodie for all I care.

wild1
01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
We're hiring people who have had success in the NFL before.

Who would you propose we hire instead that is out there looking for work..?

KC kid
Every post of yours I have read is pathetic.

Hoover
There are worse franchises to emulate

RedThat
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I think its smart. Nothing wrong with hiring people who have a great wealth of knowledge and experience and success to go along with that.

Brock
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
By my count this is the third time the Chiefs have tried to ape a more successful franchise.

Dante84
01-06-2010, 10:15 PM
All I ask is, "What would another team do in the same situation?"

- Pioli? Hell yes they would.
- Weis? Well, with a rook head coach, some experience would be nice. Same system, too.
- Crennel? Again, who else would we get? Clancy sucks, and Romeo runs the 3-4.

Also, the guys have multiple rings and know how to get it done.

I get the whole patriots rip off thing, but honestly, its the right move, given the situations.

TigerPig

That's right, stay positive! :D

There's a lot of love in this room...

Mama Hip Rockets
It's much cooler than the Denver Browncos, I think.

OnTheWarpath15

Says the guy that wouldn't pay Josh Cribbs because he's worried about our "limited funds" going into an uncapped season.

ROFL

Johnny Vegas
01-06-2010, 10:17 PM
yeah it does. I'd rather have a Raiders like team where nobody is on the same page.

threebag
MOSS in 2011

PASS!!!!

RustShack
They probably thought the Patriots were pathetic when the signed all the former Browns/Jets back in the early 2000's. Or do they think that was smart?

TrebMaxx
I mean, do other teams and analysts think, "They are so smart for going after Weiss, Cassel, and (possibly) Crennel, to try and bring that winning attitude to KC!" Or are they thinking, "How pathetic, they can't even make their own decisions on coaching and are just trying to copy New England as much as possible!"

Its pretty obvious we're ripping off the Patriots' philosophy. We're not copying it, we're literally trying to take the exact personnel and players they had and win with them here. Is this a smart, tactful thing? Or a sad and pathetic thing?

FTR I don't see a problem with it. If we start winning, they can change Cassel's name to Tom Brady and put Haley in a huge hoodie for all I care.

:doh!:

SPATCH
01-06-2010, 10:18 PM
FRAG THE n00b

Mr. Laz
01-06-2010, 10:21 PM

you mean as positive as your OP?

BIG K
01-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I mean, do other teams and analysts think, "They are so smart for going after Weiss, Cassel, and (possibly) Crennel, to try and bring that winning attitude to KC!" Or are they thinking, "How pathetic, they can't even make their own decisions on coaching and are just trying to copy New England as much as possible!"

Yes, in a new regime, it always pathetic to surround yourself with people who have superbowl rings. Whether or not, people will call this the patsification. Oh well, I would rather the Chiefs surround themselves with proven winners than the slapdick coaching staff they put together last year.

It's an improvement over last year......

Mr. Plow
01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
God forbid....don't let us become like the Patriots and all the championships. Let's pick a better team to model after....maybe the Browns? Raiders?

Galileo Humpkins
01-06-2010, 10:27 PM

Every thread ends in a lovesome orgy.

Hope you brought lubricant.

LaChapelle
01-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Don't let the KU fans get you down
Mr Brown

Reaper16
01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Aping the Patriots would be fine if we could acquire the one and only piece that made it all work.

BossChief
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
we could do worse...

Titty Meat
01-06-2010, 10:30 PM
These are nice moves but like I've said I've seen this dance before. If this organization wants to be good again it's simply going to have to do a better job drafting.

TigerPig
01-06-2010, 10:33 PM
you mean as positive as your OP?

My post is asking whether or not people think it is positive or negative. I see it as a great thing! It makes me really happy to see the Chiefs bringing in someone that I wholeheartedly trust will make things better. That hasn't happened very often. I didn't even do that with Vermeil. I did with Pioli, and now I am with Weiss.

I'm super positive. I just hope they can keep going. They could pick a million more ex-pats (lol), just as long as it brings in great coaches.

But I KNOW some people around here will disagree, which is why I asked.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Who gives a fuck what "analysts" think?

Charlie Weis is a damn good offensive coordinator. Period. He'll bring so much to the Chiefs offensively that I would not be shocked to see us in the Top Ten next year.

Offense is all about play design. Cassel has limitations (as does every QB) but I fully expect Weis to design plays that will limit his deficiencies while creating plays that make him far more efficient.

Haley had some good ideas but he was stretched way too thin. He did a lot of stupid shit because there was no one around with a pedigree he respected to keep him in check. I guarantee that all those stupid, inappropriate trick plays and shit like trying a fake punt on your own 28 while only down one score has come to an end.

I'm shocked that anyone, ANYONE, can find a negative in his hiring.

Micjones
01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Guess I'm weird...

I care more about the success these coaches have had in their NFL careers that I do who their previous employers were. Name for me, if you would, a better Offensive Coordinator candidate going into the 2010 NFL regular season. Don't worry...I'll wait.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
By my count this is the third time the Chiefs have tried to ape a more successful franchise.

Funny how no one seems to recognize this when it's so fucking obvious.

jAZ
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Who gives a **** what "analysts" think?

Charlie Weis is a damn good offensive coordinator. Period. He'll bring so much to the Chiefs offensively that I would not be shocked to see us in the Top Ten next year.

Offense is all about play design. Cassel has limitations (as does every QB) but I fully expect Weis to design plays that will limit his deficiencies while creating plays that make him far more efficient.

Haley had some good ideas but he was stretched way too thin. He did a lot of stupid shit because there was no one around with a pedigree he respected to keep him in check. I guarantee that all those stupid, inappropriate trick plays and shit like trying a fake punt on your own 28 while only down one score has come to an end.

Jason Whitlock hasn't posted his article yet.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Guess I'm weird...

I care more about the success these coaches have had in their NFL careers that I do who their previous employers were. Name for me, if you would, a better Offensive Coordinator candidate going into the 2010 NFL regular season. Don't worry...I'll wait.

Considering hardly anyone has been fired, Mic, that's pretty hard to say.

And that's coming from someone who's generally happy with the Weis hire.

TheGuardian
01-06-2010, 10:45 PM

Damn you're a pathetically stupid MF'er. Find a grease fire to throw yourself into.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Damn you're a pathetically stupid MF'er. Find a grease fire to throw yourself into.

Jesus Christ, lay off the juice. He's not trying to stir shit, he's literally asking a fucking question.

My post is asking whether or not people think it is positive or negative. I see it as a great thing! It makes me really happy to see the Chiefs bringing in someone that I wholeheartedly trust will make things better. That hasn't happened very often. I didn't even do that with Vermeil. I did with Pioli, and now I am with Weiss.

I'm super positive. I just hope they can keep going. They could pick a million more ex-pats (lol), just as long as it brings in great coaches.

But I KNOW some people around here will disagree, which is why I asked.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Funny how no one seems to recognize this when it's so fucking obvious.

I'm very happy with the Weis hire.

But what you're talking about is completely different and IMO, comes from the lack of guidance and mandates from ownership.

With that said, I can't imagine how the Chiefs wouldn't have a potent offense with Weis in control.

Red Dawg
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Aping the Patriots would be fine if we could acquire the one and only piece that made it all work.

If we get Romey we will have 3 of 5 that made their SB teams work. Bill and Brady would be the best but they have not won anything since Romey and Chuck left them. This is a good move.

Micjones
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Considering hardly anyone has been fired, Mic, that's pretty hard to say.

And that's coming from someone who's generally happy with the Weis hire.

You have to consider a couple things...
1. No Offensive Coordinator is going to make a lateral move. We'd have to be surveying OC's who are on the outs with their current franchises or looking at top flight position coaches in line for bigger jobs next season.

2. Even when considering all of the above, I'm not sure there's a better candidate available to this team.

All things considered... There's not a better candidate out there.
You can call this chasing after Patriot success all you want, but in the end if he's the best man for the job. Who cares?

Honestly... Who's a better man for the job?

TheGuardian
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Jesus Christ, lay off the juice. He's not trying to stir shit, he's literally asking a ****ing question.

He's not really asking a question you dumbass, he is stirring shit with his "question". Damn you're a ****ing retard.

luv
01-06-2010, 10:49 PM

What an emotional, optimistic observation.

DeezNutz
01-06-2010, 10:49 PM
1. No Offensive Coordinator is going to make a lateral move. We'd have to be surveying OC's who are on the outs with their current franchises or looking at top flight position coaches in line for bigger jobs next season.

2. Even when considering all of the above, I'm not sure there's a better candidate available to this team.

You can call this chasing after Patriot success all you want, but in the end if he's the best man for the job. Who cares?

I think this is the avenue with the most potential for the most success, but would likely be a disaster with a n00b HC.

The hire would just have to be a tremendous one.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 10:50 PM

I can't tell you who would be better because no one else has been fired. No one else is available at the moment.

And again, I'm happy with the hire.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 10:51 PM
He's not really asking a question you dumbass, he is stirring shit with his "question". Damn you're a ****ing retard.

A mind-reader, and a backup LB.

Damn, you're overflowing with talent.

RealSNR
01-06-2010, 10:51 PM
By my count this is the third time the Chiefs have tried to ape a more successful franchise.Rams, Patriots.... who's the third franchise?

Brock
01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Rams, Patriots.... who's the third franchise?

49ers

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
49ers

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2010, 10:53 PM
1. No Offensive Coordinator is going to make a lateral move.

Kyle Shanahan just made a lateral move

FAX
01-06-2010, 10:53 PM

Well posted.

Plus, one could say that the decision to hire Marty meant the Eggos were emulating us. Except for the embarrassing talent and pitiful execution, that is.

FAX

RedThat
01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Just curious when did the Chiefs try to emulate the 49ers?

BIG K
01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=DaneMcCloud;6417534]Who gives a **** what "analysts" think?

Well Put! People here bitched that Haley fired Gan, then people bitched that Haley was calling the shots. Everyone agreed that an improvement needed to be made. Now people bitch because the improvement came from 'friendlies". Never mind he is a good coach, just damn the fact that the Chiefs know him.....

If I was taking on a project of huge magnitude, I would surround myself with people I knew that was capable of helping me out......

ChiefsCountry
I think the thing is trying to recapture lightining in a bottle more than likely isn't going to work especially when the main pieces of the lighting bolt aren't zapping.

'Hamas' Jenkins

1993 when we added Montana and moved to the WCO.

TigerPig

I was asking a question and not just stirring shit. I'm not a troll, I've been around enough MBs to know how they work. But you know better than me what I'm thinking. :)

If I was going to troll, I would have picked something other than a silly off question like what people will think of the organization. I would have said something like, "Why does Todd Haley suck" or, "Why do people think that (insert draft candidate here) is a good pick when he sucks?"

What an emotional, optimistic observation.

Okay, you got me. But don't let anyone else know, or my street cred will be ruined. You hear me!?!

Micjones
01-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I can't tell you who would be better because no one else has been fired. No one else is available at the moment.

I'm considering quite a few coaches who aren't even available yet (and may not be) and I'm STILL not sure I can think of a BETTER candidate.

There are definitely some good ones I can name (Shanahan, Jackson, Chudzinski)...
BETTER? I'm not certain.

PastorMikH
01-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I now I'm kinda sick of trying to be like the Detroit Lions. At least they are trying to copy a team that won/wins.

BIG K
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM

IIRC, Montanna, Bono, GrBack? West coast offense, though it was never a pure west coast offense. I could be wrong though....

:rolleyes:

TigerPig

This doesn't count!!! :)

I now I'm kinda sick of trying to be like the Detroit Lions. At least they are trying to copy a team that won/wins.
Matt Millen can kiss my ass, and I don't even cheer for the Lions.

Instead of New England we need to emulate the 69 Chiefs. All we need is a legendary QB, Two of the greatest LBs ever, one monster of a DT, an amazing secondary, and Jan Stenarud

ChiefsCountry

Actually I wouldn't mind copying what Detroit has right now. They have the best young QB and a great football mind as a coach.

PastorMikH
01-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind copying what Detroit has right now. They have the best young QB and a great football mind as a coach.

You'd rather be 2-14?

luv
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Okay, you got me. But don't let anyone else know, or my street cred will be ruined. You hear me!?!

What? I just got in from yelling TigerPig optimistically recognizes love from my balcony.

luv
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
IIRC, Montanna, Bono, GrBack? West coast offense, though it was never a pure west coast offense. I could be wrong though....

Hey stranger!

luv
01-06-2010, 11:04 PM

Stafford has proven to be one tough SOB.

salame
01-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Last time I checked the patriots haven't won a super bowl since weis left

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
You'd rather be 2-14?

Considering they are more than likley getting Suh from Nebraska to add to Stafford and Calvin Johnson. Yeah I would. If they were smart they would have took Oher last year and Detroit would be on its way even more.

BIG K
01-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey stranger!

What up girl?

Micjones
01-06-2010, 11:09 PM

Yeah to coach for the guy who's balls he used to live in.

PastorMikH
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Considering they are more than likley getting Suh from Nebraska to add to Stafford and Calvin Johnson. Yeah I would. If they were smart they would have took Oher last year and Detroit would be on its way even more.

Detroit has had the top draft picks since Barry Sanders retired and no matter who's coach, they stay the same. I wonder how many top draft picks are praying at Detroit walks to the podium, "Please Lord, don't let them pick me."

As bad as things look here, I think we are headed in the right direction and I would be very surprised if Detroit were a contender before we are.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM

You'd rather be 2-14?

They have the core pieces necessary to win a playoff game before we do, sadly enough.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2010, 11:13 PM
As bad as things look here, I think we are headed in the right direction and I would be very surprised if Detroit were a contender before we are.

I don't because Detroit has something we don't have. They have a legit franchise QB, Stafford will lead them to a Super Bowl win pretty soon.

dirk digler
They have the core pieces necessary to win a playoff game before we do, sadly enough.

No they don't

Pioli Zombie
Charlie Weis gets the most out of players. In 1994 he was New Englands TE coach and Ben Coates had his best season. In 1995 he was RB coach and Curtis Martin had a 1,400 yard rookie season. In 1996 he was WR coach and Terry Glenn had his best season. He brought order to the Patriot offense and got the most out of mediocre talent. He will get the most out Cassel, Bowe,Chambers, and Charles.
This is a great thing for KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
What up girl?

Watching it snow and worrying about getting to work in the AM. How's Cali?

Brock
No they don't

Yes they do

PastorMikH
I don't because Detroit has something we don't have. They have a legit franchise QB, Stafford will lead them to a Super Bowl win pretty soon.

I think Stafford will lead the team he signs with when his contract is up in Detroit.

Brock
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I think Stafford will lead the team he signs with when his contract is up in Detroit.

What a silly thing to say.

dirk digler
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Yes they do

no they don't

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah to coach for the guy who's balls he used to live in.

Hey, I wasn't the one who made the absolute statement, was I?

Brock
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
no they don't

yes they do

Extra Point
01-06-2010, 11:17 PM

In how many SBs did Archie Manning play? Dan Fouts?

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2010, 11:17 PM
no they don't

Stafford and Schwartz will lead them to a playoff win before Cassel and Haley do the Chiefs.

Micjones
01-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey, I wasn't the one who made the absolute statement, was I?

Great you win! You found the NFL exception.

Might've even been something to be proud of if the two coaches didn't share the same last name.
It doesn't happen very often. Kinda like you having something insightful to say about football.

dirk digler
yes they do

Stafford and Schwartz will lead them to a playoff win before Cassel and Haley do the Chiefs.

No they won't. They have their kryptonite, his name is Gunther

TigerPig
Detroit has had the top draft picks since Barry Sanders retired and no matter who's coach, they stay the same. I wonder how many top draft picks are praying at Detroit walks to the podium, "Please Lord, don't let them pick me."

They're probably hoping for a four-year deal instead of a seven... :-)

In all fairness, though. Matt Millen did F*CK them over royally the last 8-9 years. They should have been making progress during that time and they didn't. I feel bad for Detroit fans, and I really hope to see the day they can win against GB both times in a season, or even win a playoff game.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 11:19 PM
No they don't

Franchise QB? Check.

Elite WR? Check.

Solid RB? Check.

Solid LB's? Check.

Damn good safety? Check.

They are a LT and Cliff Avril meeting his potential away from having every core position covered.

We have one of those things, maybe. (Charles)

Brock
01-06-2010, 11:19 PM

They can get rid of Gunther

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2010, 11:20 PM

Damn you dirk. ;)

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Franchise QB? Check.

Elite WR? Check.

Solid RB? Check.

Solid LB's? Check.

Damn good safety? Check.

They are a LT and Cliff Avril meeting his potential away from having every core position covered.

Add Suh to that list with the coach who made Haynesworth a beast in Nashville.

dirk digler
They can get rid of Gunther

It will be too late the infection will spread

In all seriousness though they do have alot of good pieces

DaneMcCloud
Great you win! You found the NFL exception.

Might've even been something to be proud of if the two coaches didn't share the same last name.
It doesn't happen very often. Kinda like you having something insightful to say about football.

Ah, shut the fuck up, Racist.

You're a punk ass that can't admit when he's wrong.

But then again, I'd hate to be you.

Every post would begin with "Okay, I was wrong".

LMAO

Racist.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2010, 11:23 PM
In all seriousness though they do have alot of good pieces

Just think if they would have took Oher instead of Pettigrew. Good grief they would have been stacked.

TigerPig
01-06-2010, 11:23 PM

Sorry but if Dan Marino didn't even win a SB after throwing for over 5,000 yards and 48 TDs in the same season, then I really can't believe Stafford will until it happens.

dirk digler
01-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Just think if they would have took Oher instead of Pettigrew. Good grief they would have been stacked.

You would hope so considering they have picked in the Top 5 for the last decade

RealSNR
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Franchise QB? Check.

Elite WR? Check.

Solid RB? Check.

Solid LB's? Check.

Damn good safety? Check.

We have one of those things, maybe. (Charles)And yet the Lions are still picking off our team's ass zits and putting them on their face to look pretty (see McBride, Gunther).

That's a lot of nice positions to have "already covered." Why'd they only win two games this year?

Micjones
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Ah, shut the fuck up, Racist.

You're a punk ass that can't admit when he's wrong.

Eloquent. Just remember you started this shit.
For future reference... If you'd like to avoid being pissed on, going forward, stay the hell away from my zipper. If you'd just stop being so cock-curious you could avoid the public water sports.

Kyle Shanahan fulfilling what's probably a life-long dream of coaching alongside his father is no indication of lateral-NFL-coaching-move trending.

But then again, I'd hate to be you.

Every post would begin with "Okay, I was wrong".

LMAO

Racist.

Which is why you bend over backwards to make a lame-ass counterpoint that no one in this sub-forum gives a rat's ass about (and ultimately has Jack & Shit to do with my original point). Score one for Dane. You're the slow member of the Four Horsemen. Hamas should seriously reconsider your place in the ranks.

But if you call me "racist" again I'm sure everyone else will forget about how stupid I just made you look...again.

I get it though... I really do.
It's kinda like that kid who acts out because he wants his dad to notice.
He's going to get his ass-whipped for stepping out of line and testing his old man's nuts, but at least he'll have his undivided attention.

RedThat
01-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Franchise QB? Check.

Elite WR? Check.

Solid RB? Check.

Solid LB's? Check.

Damn good safety? Check.

All that means jack when you're 2-14. Records are what matter and they've sucked for a looooong time. Even the times they were mediocre or decent I remember them having very good talent. The bottomline is, they aren't a winner and I think it's more of an organizational thing that comes directly from the top. They don't possess the necessary leadership qualities of what is takes to build and lead a successful organization from both an ownership and management stand point of view and its clearly shown over the years.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 11:34 PM
And yet the Lions are still picking off our team's ass zits and putting them on their face to look pretty (see McBride, Gunther).

That's a lot of nice positions to have "already covered." Why'd they only win two games this year?

Matthew Stafford? Rookie.

Calvin Johnson? 3rd year.

Kevin Smith? 2nd year.

Ernie Sims? 3rd year.

DeAndre Levy? Rookie.

Louis Delmas? Rookie.

Cliff Avril? 2nd year.

Sammie Lee Hill? Rookie.

Just to name a few reasons...

Micjones
01-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Matthew Stafford? Rookie.

Calvin Johnson? 3rd year.

Kevin Smith? 2nd year.

Ernie Sims? 3rd year.

DeAndre Levy? Rookie.

Louis Delmas? Rookie.

Cliff Avril? 2nd year.

Sammie Lee Hill? Rookie.

Just to name a few reasons...

They've got a core of talented young players to be sure.
With the right coaching...sheesh.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
All that means jack when you're 2-14. Records are what matter and they've sucked for a looooong time. Even the times they were mediocre or decent I remember them having very good talent. The bottomline is, they aren't a winner and I think it's more of an organizational thing that comes directly from the top. They don't possess the necessary leadership qualities of what is takes to build and lead a successful organization from both an ownership and management stand point of view and its clearly shown over the years.

Funny, you could have said the exact same thing about the Arizona Cardinals up until last year.

If they continue to draft like they did last year, they'll be a fucking monster in 3 years.

We'll still be waiting for Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel to show us something.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
They've got a core of talented young players to be sure.
With the right coaching...sheesh.

Yep.

And I think Schwartz is the guy for the job.

I think Detroit will undergo an Arizona-like reformation in the next 3 years.

Micjones
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Yep.

And I think Schwartz is the guy for the job.

I think Detroit will undergo an Arizona-like reformation in the next 3 years.

I really like Schwartz. He was on my wishlist when the KC job was vacant.

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM

Me too. I wanted him as HC and DeCosta as the GM.

I know ChiefsCountry was very high on him as well.

Micjones
01-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Me too. I wanted him as HC and DeCosta as the GM.

I know ChiefsCountry was very high on him as well.

Good strong defensive-minded coach.
That area of this team would be in much better shape.

RedThat
01-06-2010, 11:45 PM
1993 when we added Montana and moved to the WCO.

Oh okay. Right, my bad. I thought the emulating 49ers part was in relation to the Chiefs building their team with ex-49ers coaches...Thats why I was like huh? Thank you for clarifying this with me.

ILChief
01-06-2010, 11:53 PM

yeah, the guy that hired Gunther Cunningham :shake:

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2010, 11:56 PM

Yeah, because the guy that hired Clancy Pendergast is a real fucking genius.

ROFL

Micjones
01-07-2010, 12:01 AM

Even good Head Coaches make mistakes.
He may not be worth the hair on your aunt's ass now, but...
He's had success in this league.

RedThat
01-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Funny, you could have said the exact same thing about the Arizona Cardinals up until last year.

If they continue to draft like they did last year, they'll be a ****ing monster in 3 years.

We'll still be waiting for Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel to show us something.

Success or Failure for them will be determined pending on how Stafford pans out. Of course, same thing can be said about the Chiefs with Cassel. Both quarterbacks have lots of room to improve. The key to progress for both teams will depend on two critical players at two key positions.

I believe a major contributor to Arizona's success is Kurt Warner. As soon as he came along, and started playing at a high level for them, they took off. Once he went down, things were a bit different.

But I think both teams, Detroit and Kansas City are in similar situations. Chiefs do have there share of young talent too. Don't kid yourself. They just often get criticized more than anything around here. If the Chiefs could have themselves a couple of good drafts they'll be making noise in a few years.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2010, 12:03 AM

I really liked him. I think his 4-3 style of defensive would have been perfect for the personal we had in place. Dorsey could have reached a high level under him IMO. Flowers, DJ, Pollard, Hali all fit as well. Not to mention I liked his MoneyBall approach - stat type guru.

If Stafford wasn't hurt I bet Detroit would have won a few more games but it looks like they will luck out and get Suh now.

Brock
01-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh okay. Right, my bad. I thought the emulating 49ers part was in relation to the Chiefs building their team with ex-49ers coaches...Thats why I was like huh? Thank you for clarifying this with me.

They did hire ex-49ers coaches.

RedThat
01-07-2010, 12:07 AM
They did hire ex-49ers coaches.

Not a whole staff full though, right?

Do you remember who they hired? I could think of one off the top of my head, Solari. Thats about it.

Micjones
01-07-2010, 12:08 AM
I really liked him. I think his 4-3 style of defensive would have been perfect for the personal we had in place. Dorsey could have reached a high level under him IMO. Flowers, DJ, Pollard, Hali all fit as well. Not to mention I liked his MoneyBall approach - stat type guru.

If Stafford wasn't hurt I bet Detroit would have won a few more games but it looks like they will luck out and get Suh now.

UGH.

How many "best prospect in 10 year" guys can they draft?
Bastards.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Success or Failure for them will be determined pending on how Stafford pans out. Of course, same thing can be said about the Chiefs with Cassel. Both quarterbacks have lots of room to improve. The key to progress for both teams will depend on two critical players at two key positions.

I believe a major contributor to Arizona's success is Kurt Warner. As soon as he came along, and started playing at a high level for them, they took off. Once he went down, things were a bit different.

But I think both teams, Detroit and Kansas City are in similar situations. Chiefs do have there share of young talent too. Don't kid yourself. They just often get criticize more than anything around here. If the Chiefs could have themselves a couple of good drafts they'll be making noise in a few years.

:facepalm:

Yeah, Stafford does have a lot of room to improve. He's 21 years old.

And of the Lions players I listed earlier, who on our roster would you rather have at their respective positions?

Matthew Stafford? Or Matt Cassel?

Calvin Johnson? Or Dwayne Bowe?

Kevin Smith? Or Jamaal Charles?

Ernie Sims? Or Mike Vrabel?

DeAndre Levy? Or Corey Mays?

Louis Delmas? Or John McGraw?

Comedy gold in 3...2...1...

keg in kc
01-07-2010, 12:10 AM
The Lions have a goddamn roster full of elite talent following years and years of high draft picks, so you'd think they should get better faster than KC. But of course they already should have gotten better than KC, so who the fuck knows.

TigerPig
01-07-2010, 12:11 AM
The Lions have a goddamn roster full of elite talent following years and years of high draft picks, so you'd think they should get better faster than KC. But of course they already should have gotten better than KC, so who the **** knows.

They need a GM like Pioli... But the f*ckers aren't getting him!

I'll say it again, too: Losing is a CANCER. Even when you're good, when you've been on a losing team you start losing just because you think you're supposed to and you're used to it. This is what has happened to the Royals (in small part), but I digress: If you go in there and clean f*cking house, you get that old attitude out of the locker room, and replace it with enthusiasm, excitement and hope.

This is why I think this win we had Sunday was beyond amazing. It would have been worth a lost in 5 draft picks, cause all these guys are going to go through the WHOLE offseason kinda cocky and feeling like they're a good f*cking team.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2010, 12:11 AM

And of the Lions players I listed earlier, who on our roster would you rather have at their respective positions?

Jamaal over Kevin Smith and we have Albert. Dorsey would fit in nice in Detroit.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:12 AM
The Lions have a goddamn roster full of elite talent following years and years of high draft picks, so you'd think they should get better faster than KC. But of course they already should have gotten better than KC, so who the fuck knows.

Really, all of their elite talent has been drafted in the last 3 years.

All of our elite talent has been drafted in the last 3 years.

Yeah, they've sucked forever, but they just started pulling their heads out of their asses recently.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Jamaal over Kevin Smith and we have Albert. Dorsey would fit in nice in Detroit.

I want to see Jamaal for another season before I can take him over Smith.

keg in kc
01-07-2010, 12:14 AM
All of our elite talent has been drafted in the last 3 years.I tend to think most of our elite talent is going to be drafted in the next 2 years. Starting with pick 5 and then wherever we pick after 7-9/8-8/9-7. Cupboard's pretty bare here as it stands.

Brock
01-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Not a whole staff full though, right?

Do you remember who they hired? I could think of one off the top of my head, Solari. Thats about it.

Paul Hackett.

Micjones
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM

Really?

Jamaal just posted a better season this year than Kevin's rookie season.
Smith averaged less than 3.5 yards per carry this year.

He may prove to be the better long-term option because he's a bit sturdier than Charles, but as of right now? Charles for my money.

TigerPig
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
I tend to think most of our elite talent is going to be drafted in the next 2 years. Starting with pick 5 and then wherever we pick after 7-9/8-8/9-7. Cupboard's pretty bare here as it stands.

Three top 50 draft picks (one in the top 5) is AWESOME!!! We will be able to address so many needs on this team, and with high-prospect players. Plus, maybe we can finally start getting away from this second round curse we've had going on. We get two chances to redeem ourselves!

keg in kc
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Three top 50 draft picks (one in the top 5) is AWESOME!!! We will be able to address so many needs on this team, and with high-prospect players.Theoretically.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Really?

He may prove to be the better long-term option because he's a bit sturdier than Charles, but as of right now? Charles for my money.

I think Smith is an extremely underrated back - playing in Detroit means he's pretty much invisible to all but die-hards.

Jamaal's performed in EIGHT games - and I hope he can continue at this level - but let's not crown the kid just yet.

Both are young, both have a shit-ton of potential. I'm not sure I could pick one over the other just yet.

Reaper16
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM

Really?

I'm on the Charles-is-fucking-good bandwagon. It'd be one thing if Jamaal merely had a very hot 8 game streak. Jamaal had that and more -- the best 8 game streak in NFL history (to begin as a starter).

BossChief
01-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Weiss will be a huge difference maker for us and Haley.

Now if the stars could align and let Wade Phillips be let leave after a playoff loss and be brought in to KC to be given the keys to the defense. Let Charlie and Todd work on the Offense and let Wade work his defensive magic on the D and we will be a good team sooner rather than later.

I think Romeo isnt the last choice, but I surely wasnt impressed with his defenses after he left NE, the UFO defense he developed in Cleveland was a joke and I dont want any part of it here in KC.

It would be like I died and went to heaven if we got Wade Phillips.

FloridaMan88
01-07-2010, 12:26 AM
I tend to think most of our elite talent is going to be drafted in the next 2 years. Starting with pick 5 and then wherever we pick after 7-9/8-8/9-7. Cupboard's pretty bare here as it stands.

What are you basing this on? Fat Scott's first draft last year produced a kicker and not much else.

keg in kc
01-07-2010, 12:28 AM
What are you basing this on? Fat Scott's first draft last year produced a kicker and not much else.The fact that we have the picks?

Sorry your grey fox is gone. Maybe we can all chip together and buy you a Dick Vermeil real doll for these cold winter nights.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm on the Charles-is-fucking-good bandwagon. It'd be one thing if Jamaal merely had a very hot 8 game streak. Jamaal had that and more -- the best 8 game streak in NFL history (to begin as a starter).

I'm going to preface this by saying the following is not trying to take anything away from Jamaal - he was THE reason to watch this year, and I'm damn glad he accomplished what he accomplished - but to point out why I'm cautiously optimistic, but not willing to crown the kid just yet.

6 games over 90 yards.

1 against a rushing defense ranked better than 20. (Cincinnati, 7)

The other 5 were against the 20th, 26th, 28th, 29th and 30th ranked rushing defenses.

TigerPig
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
What are you basing this on? Fat Scott's first draft last year produced a kicker and not much else.

You really can't count out a player after one season... You can get a good idea, and you can want to count them out, but other than EXTREME circumstances (Ryan Leaf) you really have to give them more time.

What if Crennel DOES come to KC, and knows EXACTLY how to utilize Jackson perfectly. Crennel and Pioli are on the same page when it comes to getting good defensive talent and knowing what to do with it.

DeezNutz
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm going to preface this by saying the following is not trying to take anything away from Jamaal - he was THE reason to watch this year, and I'm damn glad he accomplished what he accomplished - but to point out why I'm cautiously optimistic, but not willing to crown the kid just yet.

6 games over 90 yards.

The other 5 were against the 20th, 26th, 28th, 29th and 30th ranked rushing defenses.

lalalalalalalalalalalalala

Seriously, I don't want even to consider the possibility of Charles being a flash in the pan.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:33 AM
lalalalalalalalalalalalala

Seriously, I don't want even to consider the possibility of Charles being a flash in the pan.

Oh, I don't think the kid is going to fall off the fucking grid or anything, I just think people should tone down the expectations - the kid has started 8 games.

People are calling for 2000 yards next year, FFS. Calling him Chris Johnson II.

When he does it for another season or season and a half like CJ has, then crown his ass.

Otherwise, just enjoy what he did this year, and try not to put ridiculous expectations on the kid.

RedThat
01-07-2010, 12:33 AM

Dude you're hilarious. I really think you like to put a twist on things most times and imply that others are stupid. Good thing I laugh everytime. Seriously.

Stafford=unproven to go along with a bad season. Okay he deserves a pass since he is a rookie and played injured throughout the year..he has upside yes. no saying he is going to be good in the NFL though only time will determine that.

Cassel is still raw. Only started 2 years at quarterback in the league. Had to learn 2 different systems. 1 system in NE he had to learn on the fly, the other in KC was with no QB coach. He had a better season than Stafford. I think Stafford has more upside only time will tell as to who will be the better QB. So its too early to make a comparison on that one imo.

Calvin Johnson is better than Dwayne Bowe. Fine.

Charles is better than Kevin Smith.

*I see you want to compare position by position. Why? To support your argument? Because I could easily turn around and say we have a "stud" corner, they don't. If you wanna make the Argument that Delmas is better than McGraw, then fine you win there. But what difference does it make? The only difference is, they have a good young safety and we have 2 young solid corners in Flowers and Carr.

Do you really want to use Ernie Sims? The guy hasn't met or exceeded expectations there. You're better off using Julian Peterson instead. They do have better linebackers then the Chiefs I'll give them that. But do they have a left tackle? No. Do they have young ascending Dlineman? Not really. If you want to use Cliff Avril. Ummm...hes okay..But then I could say the chiefs have Tamba so thats a pretty fair comparison..And the Chiefs have Dorsey who I will admit made progress this year.

Plus, kickers are the same. Hansons a stud, except he is older, and the chiefs have a really good young up and coming kicker. And heck I'll throw in Colquitt who is better than Nick Harris.

Both Detroit and KC are relatively even imo..as far as young talent and players go.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Dude you're hilarious. I really think you like to put a twist on things most times and imply that others are stupid. Good thing I laugh everytime. Seriously.

Stafford=unproven to go along with a bad season. Okay he deserves a pass since he is a rookie and played injured throughout the year..he has upside yes. no saying he is going to be good in the NFL though only time will determine that.

Cassel is still raw. Only started 2 years at quarterback in the league. Had to learn 2 different systems. 1 system in NE he had to learn on the fly, the other in KC was with no QB coach. He had a better season than Stafford. I think Stafford has more upside only time will tell as to who will be the better QB. So its too early to make a comparison on that one imo.

Calvin Johnson is better than Dwayne Bowe. Fine.

Charles is better than Kevin Smith.

*I see you want to compare position by position. Why? To support your argument? Because I could easily turn around and say we have a "stud" corner, they don't. If you wanna make the Argument that Delmas is better than McGraw, then fine you win there. But what difference does it make? The only difference is, they have a good young safety and we have 2 young solid corners in Flowers and Carr.

Do you really want to use Ernie Sims? The guy hasn't met or exceeded expectations there. You're better off using Julian Peterson instead. They do have better linebackers then the Chiefs I'll give them that. But do they have a left tackle? No. Do they have young ascending Dlineman? Not really. If you want to use Cliff Avril. Ummm...hes okay..But then I could say the chiefs have Tamba so thats a pretty fair comparison..And the Chiefs have Dorsey who I will admit made progress this year.

Plus, kickers are the same. Hansons a stud, except he is older, and the chiefs have a really good young up and coming kicker. And heck I'll throw in Colquitt who is better than Nick Harris.

Both Detroit and KC are relatively even imo..as far as young talent and players go.

Like I said, comedy gold.

You just couldn't help yourself - you had to try to make every excuse in the book for Cassel, and try to drag Stafford down to cover Cassel's shittyness.

Anyone who knows anything about the draft and the young talent they have know they are ahead of the game.

But continue to bury your head in the sand, dude. We're stocked with talent.

Reaper16
01-07-2010, 01:04 AM

6 games over 90 yards.

Fair.

BossChief
01-07-2010, 01:12 AM
OTWP, you are a smart dude and I'm with ya on a lot of your takes.

BUT MAN... you seem like you are MUCH more interested in being right about this team going down a endless path of suck so you can be right, rather than to see any chance of us improving and having reasons to be hopeful about a light at the end of the tunnel.

I know its hard to remain positive, at all, about the outlook of our beloved Chiefs, but damn, on a day we hired the best candidate for our OC job and have started to make moves to improve our defensive staff, you seem ready and anxious to shit on every move for any reason you can pull out of the sky.

Maybe Im off base and just plain wrong, but I am going off perception of a newer member of the board in my assumption.

Im not trying to attack you, just trying to understand why you seem to be devoid of objectivity on a few topics and seem clouded by hate on them.

Charlie Weis is a GREAT qb coach and his offenses got the most out of lacking talent in NE and he built a offensive powerhouse at ND.

The three qbs he coached were Tom Brady (multiple superbowl winner), Brady Quinn (first round pick) and Jimmy Clausen (likely top ten pick) thats pretty good stuff.

RealSNR
01-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Oh, I don't think the kid is going to fall off the ****ing grid or anything, I just think people should tone down the expectations - the kid has started 8 games.

People are calling for 2000 yards next year, FFS. Calling him Chris Johnson II.

When he does it for another season or season and a half like CJ has, then crown his ass.

Otherwise, just enjoy what he did this year, and try not to put ridiculous expectations on the kid.Woudn't you call him better than Kevin Smith? He's a far more electric player, it appears.

TigerPig
01-07-2010, 01:19 AM

6 games over 90 yards.

+1. I'm afraid people are going to EXPECT him to run for 1,500 next year. I even said that, and people said, "Well yeah..."

If our team stays as one-dimesional as it is, he will be lucky to get over 1,000 again. When there's 9 guys in the box, only Barry Sanders himself could get 1,500 (and he'd get 2,000...lol)

luv
01-07-2010, 01:20 AM
When I supervised production, I was the type of supervisor who...

1. Showed you how to use the tools provided properly.
2. Let you know that I was there for any questions.
3. Told you what was expected of you (quantity and quality).

With these three things in mind, I left it up to them to decide how to get me the desired results.

Here, the desired result is a win. Use the players however you see fit, go to the right person for guidance, and do what's expected of you!

If going the route that the Patriots once took gets us those results, then fine. However, if they don't, then we'd best find or create another way.

TigerPig
01-07-2010, 02:00 AM
When I supervised production, I was the type of supervisor who...

1. Showed you how to use the tools provided properly.
2. Let you know that I was there for any questions.
3. Told you what was expected of you (quantity and quality).

With these three things in mind, I left it up to them to decide how to get me the desired results.

Here, the desired result is a win. Use the players however you see fit, go to the right person for guidance, and do what's expected of you!

If going the route that the Patriots once took gets us those results, then fine. However, if they don't, then we'd best find or create another way.

Maybe we should use people with management experience to be head coaches. They'd suck at the Xs and Os but they'd probably be good at the HC position.

Tom Landry was an Industrial Engineer, and used his I.E. skills to maximize human output as much as possible. Its all about taking what you have and learning where to put what in order for everything to work the best as possible. He was probably his own statistician as well.

<-- is going to school to be an I.E. :)

HotRoute
01-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Why shouldn't we, the kc way hasn't really been working too great

Mile High Mania
01-07-2010, 05:53 AM
I think it happens with most coaches and GMs... watch what happens in Washington, you're going to see a lot of faces and names that are linked to Denver show up.

Nobody knows if it's a good or a bad thing yet, but ex NE staff have been more bad than good in their new roles.

ILChief
01-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Yeah, because the guy that hired Clancy Pendergast is a real fucking genius.

ROFL

Haley took over so late there wasn't really many options. Schwartz was hired roughly a month before Haley. He had more options. I'm not saying Pendergast is a good DC but given the alternatives and his defense in AZ had played well in the playoffs, it wasn't a terrible hire. If he is DC next year then that will be an issue

BossChief
01-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Im wondering if Romeo will get signed before the Dallas situation plays out.

Amnorix
01-07-2010, 06:55 AM
You'd prefer to be more Raiders-like?

BossChief
01-07-2010, 06:58 AM
You'd prefer to be more Raiders-like?

u talking 2me?

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 07:37 AM
A mind-reader, and a backup LB.

Damn, you're overflowing with talent.

I was never backup you dumbass. And you don't know shit about football either.

mlyonsd
01-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Is it starting to become pathetic how Patriots-like we're trying to be?

As opposed to that awesome smelly old sock Chief smell we've had for several years?

rocks
01-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Yea it would really suck to win a few SB's!!!!

OmahaChief
01-07-2010, 07:54 AM
We can look like the Patriots for all I can, if it leads to more wins. I am happy that we might be getting Weiss and Crennel they are both proven commodities are OC and DC whereas our HC is a proven jackass.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Coaches hire other coaches, especially top level assistance based on ability, familiarity and compatibility.

So, you get a ton of new coaches that hired other guys that they have worked with before. This is not uncommon and is a good thing.

Any new coach hires people he has worked with before. Rarely ever do you see a new coach hire a coordinator that he hasn't worked with.

It is good because coaches have to spend so much time with each other and have to be on the same page.... and they have to trust one another to do their jobs.

I am not a huge fan of Romeo's...... but, I know he is a good football mind, and I know that it is more important than anything else that the entire team be on the same page.

There are tons of ways to win football games, but you have to pick one and stick with it.

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Patsification. Its like 9 yrs ago when we started 'Ramsification'. Then, in '93 we tried to be 49ers east. Who's next?

ChiTown
01-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Patsification. Its like 9 yrs ago when we started 'Ramsification'. Then, in '93 we tried to be 49ers east. Who's next?

I was hoping to avoid the Lionsification phase, although, we appear to be ass-deep into it right now............

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 08:26 AM
OTWP58 has to be the dumbest MF'er posting here.

Ralphy Boy
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
I really don't give a crap what they think. I care if it produces positive results.
Every coach & personnel guy that moves to a new franchise does the same thing. You think Shanahan won't try to get a few coaches he's worked with before? Of course he will, just like Parcells did everywhere he went. The media can call it whatever they want, I heard a "analyst" on the radio say last night that Weis was a Pioli hire, not a Haley one and that Haley should be looking over his shoulder. Fact is that most of them don't know what they are talking about anymore than the rest of us, so I don't hold them in any hire regard than I do any of you.

You hire the best people for the job whenever you get the chance to hire them. Weis & Crennel are the best available right now, it doesn't mean anything more than that.

tooge
01-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Actually, every successful coach in history, and come to think of it, GM's as well, look to add guys from their past to the team they are with now. When Marty left here he hired guys at other places that had worked with him here. When he came here he brought guys that were with him in Cle. Same for Vermiel. He brought in Trent Green, Eddie Kennison, Al Saunders, etc. Same with Herm. Quit making it our like the chiefs are doing anything different than any other team does. this is how it works in the NFL. You bring in guys you are familiar with. Nobody was calling this the Saint Louisification of the Chiefs in 2001 but Vermiel brought in just as many ex rams players and coaches as Pioli has. Stop making it such an issue

stanleychief
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
If we ever start emulating the Lions, can someone please shoot me? In the end it's all about wins and losses, individual talent and player stats don't mean a thing. See Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins for further proof.

We'll see where they end up at the end of next year, but I'd put my money on the Chiefs having a better record.

In regards to the original post, I don't mind emulating successful regimes or even getting players from successful regimes. If it brings a winning attitude back to KC I'm all for it. The last two times we did it we made the playoffs as a result, which certainly beats the 2-14 and 4-12 suckfest we have endured the last few years.

Molitoth
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Modeling ourselves after the best team in the decade is fine by me. Would you rather model our football team after the raiders or lions?

Idiot.

Rausch
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Why shouldn't we, the kc way hasn't really been working too great

There is no "KC way."

KC's way is to find another winning franchise and steal their way/coaches/players. Been like that since about 93...

Demonpenz
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
from 1999 until 2008 we were trying to emulate The Clippers

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
OTWP, you are a smart dude and I'm with ya on a lot of your takes.

BUT MAN... you seem like you are MUCH more interested in being right about this team going down a endless path of suck so you can be right, rather than to see any chance of us improving and having reasons to be hopeful about a light at the end of the tunnel.

I know its hard to remain positive, at all, about the outlook of our beloved Chiefs, but damn, on a day we hired the best candidate for our OC job and have started to make moves to improve our defensive staff, you seem ready and anxious to shit on every move for any reason you can pull out of the sky.

Maybe Im off base and just plain wrong, but I am going off perception of a newer member of the board in my assumption.

Im not trying to attack you, just trying to understand why you seem to be devoid of objectivity on a few topics and seem clouded by hate on them.

Charlie Weis is a GREAT qb coach and his offenses got the most out of lacking talent in NE and he built a offensive powerhouse at ND.

The three qbs he coached were Tom Brady (multiple superbowl winner), Brady Quinn (first round pick) and Jimmy Clausen (likely top ten pick) thats pretty good stuff.

What in the blue fuck are you talking about?

I've said numerous times that I'm not at all upset with the hire of Weis, and that he's a really good get for this organization.

Reading comprehension is not this place's strong suit, it appears.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I was never backup you dumbass. And you don't know shit about football either.

Whatever you say, Jake.

Last chance. Still want to say you weren't a backup?

Brock
01-07-2010, 10:26 AM
What in the blue fuck are you talking about?

I've said numerous times that I'm not at all upset with the hire of Weis, and that he's a really good get for this organization.

Reading comprehension is not this place's strong suit, it appears.

Why are you upset they hired Weis. Damn, man. Your negativity is out of control.

Frazod
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good.

Red Beans
01-07-2010, 10:31 AM
What a bunch of shit. Enjoy the fact that we're bringing in successful coaches. So they've all had Patriot ties. Big freakin' deal, they've coached other places too. Get over it. It's progress and that's great in my book. Quit crying, pop that nipple out of your mouth, and look at the bright side. You want Herm back? No, didn't think so.

Rausch
01-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Weis isn't my dream hire but I'm happy Haley won't be calling the plays next year. I doubted he'd get an OC. Figured he might get a QB coach and lighten his load but keep the playcalling duties.

Glad to see he won't be. I'm also glad to see we hired a proven coordinator instead of some young guy trying to make a name who could be easily pushed around by the HC/GM...

RustShack
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
The Patriots Way isn't really the Patriots way.. since they brought it all the former Jets and Browns like what we are doing with the Patriots.. and in ten years people are going to call it the Chiefs way(not saying SB's and all that)... but every GM and Coach brings in people they've worked with before. Its always been that way and always will be.

beach tribe
01-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Who gives a **** what "analysts" think?

Hell yeah.

This was a great hire.

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Whatever you say, Jake.

Where was I a backup at?

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Where was I a backup at?

According to the 2006 depth chart, Central.

2nd string WILL LB behind a sophomore.

And based on your paltry 39 tackles in 10 games the year before, I'd say you were a backup your Junior year as well. Your numbers at Coffeyville were quite impressive though, I must say.

As far as Central goes, there's no shame in it whatsoever. Hell, I'll admit it - I'm actually a bit jealous.

I had an offer to play at SEMO, was set up to graduate HS early and get down to Cape early to start classes and working out, and shredded my shoulder and knee in my last HS game. Football career over.

Here's the thing about this place: You're better off telling the truth, because people around here are fucking scary good at digging up info - and if you lie, you'll never hear the end of it.

Just some friendly advice.

So, would you still like to say you weren't a backup?

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
According to the 2006 depth chart, Central.

2nd string WILL LB behind a sophomore.

And based on your paltry 39 tackles in 10 games the year before, I'd say you were a backup your Junior year as well. Your numbers at Coffeyville were quite impressive though, I must say.

As far as Central goes, there's no shame in it whatsoever. Hell, I'll admit it - I'm actually a bit jealous.

I had an offer to play at SEMO, was set up to graduate HS early and get down to Cape early to start classes and working out, and shredded my shoulder and knee in my last HS game. Football career over.

Here's the thing about this place: You're better off telling the truth, because people around here are ****ing scary good at digging up info - and if you lie, you'll never hear the end of it.

Just some friendly advice.

So, would you still like to say you weren't a backup?

Wow. I played my ball a LOOOOOONG time ago. so yeah, you got the wrong guy.

Like I said, you're a dumbass. But I did enjoy that write up. It's quite comical.

Let's see, I've been accused of being this guy, of being a poster on another board because we have similar backgrounds and use similar phrases (who knew on a football message board that some guys might have played football and use similar language??!), a guy that used to have an account here......none of which is even remotely true.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Wow. I played my ball a LOOOOOONG time ago. so yeah, you got the wrong guy.

Like I said, you're a dumbass. But I did enjoy that write up. It's quite comical.

Let's see, I've been accused of being this guy, of being a poster on another board because we have similar backgrounds and use similar phrases (who knew on a football message board that some guys might have played football and use similar language??!), a guy that used to have an account here......none of which is even remotely true.

Prove it.

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Prove it.

Actually the burden of proof is on you. I don't even know how you came to this. I didn't even play my ball in this area of the country. That is why it's so funny.

SAUTO
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Prove it.

how did you get that info on guardian all of a sudden? he's been here a while now you get this info? hmmmmm, that mod place you can get to now REALLY helps huh?

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
how did you get that info on guardian all of a sudden? he's been here a while now you get this info? hmmmmm, that mod place you can get to now REALLY helps huh?

It doesn't matter. It's not me. I do think it's hilarious. Mecca thought I was soe dupe account, I was informed by someone who posts at another board (and here) that someone here thinks I am a poster from someplace else as well. Apparently we both played football and use the same phrases (ohhhh the clues!).

Again, none of which is remotely true. But damn I enjoy it. I even tried to sound like the poster I was being accused of, and sure enough this guy took it and ran with it. I gotta tell you, this shit is fun.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Eloquent. Just remember you started this shit.
For future reference... If you'd like to avoid being pissed on, going forward, stay the hell away from my zipper. If you'd just stop being so cock-curious you could avoid the public water sports.

Kyle Shanahan fulfilling what's probably a life-long dream of coaching alongside his father is no indication of lateral-NFL-coaching-move trending.

Which is why you bend over backwards to make a lame-ass counterpoint that no one in this sub-forum gives a rat's ass about (and ultimately has Jack & Shit to do with my original point). Score one for Dane. You're the slow member of the Four Horsemen. Hamas should seriously reconsider your place in the ranks.

But if you call me "racist" again I'm sure everyone else will forget about how stupid I just made you look...again.

I get it though... I really do.
It's kinda like that kid who acts out because he wants his dad to notice.
He's going to get his ass-whipped for stepping out of line and testing his old man's nuts, but at least he'll have his undivided attention.

Fuck off, Racist.

You're irrelevant.

Get used to it.

ChiefsCountry

Its been known for a while.

TheGuardian
Its been known for a while.

It's been known that I am someone that I'm not? ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 01:10 PM

That Mod forum does nothing but show reported posts and people that trip the multiple account trigger.

No access to personal information whatsoever.

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
That Mod forum does nothing but show reported posts and people that trip the multiple account trigger.

This is my only account here EVER. EVER!

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Haley took over so late there wasn't really many options. Schwartz was hired roughly a month before Haley. He had more options. I'm not saying Pendergast is a good DC but given the alternatives and his defense in AZ had played well in the playoffs, it wasn't a terrible hire. If he is DC next year then that will be an issue

He had more options, yet he hired Gunther.

SAUTO
01-07-2010, 01:12 PM

ROFL its cool man. just giggin you a little, figured you NEW SUPER POWERS had gone wild.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM

You played in the 'Ville?

I had a bunch of high school teammates play there and at Butler (along with D-I schools) but this was in the 80's.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM

I never claimed otherwise, now did I?

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 01:16 PM
ROFL its cool man. just giggin you a little, figured you NEW SUPER POWERS had gone wild.

No powers at all.

The only interesting thing is seeing how many people report posts for really weak reasons, and seeing who trips the mult detector.

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I never claimed otherwise, now did I?

No but you've claimed outright that I'm someone I'm not.

Don't you guys have flag football games or gatherings?

I tell you what, we're make a deal. If I am right and you are wrong you go away forever?

Someone get a picture of this guy, and I will show up at one of these flag football games or functions. When I'm not him you leave the board. If I am him (I'm not obviously) I'll leave.

Deal?

SAUTO
01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
No powers at all.

The only interesting thing is seeing how many people report posts for really weak reasons, and seeing who trips the mult detector.

again only joking, also glad i have no mults and i dont believe i have ever reported a post other than marlborochiefs.

Reaper16
01-07-2010, 01:21 PM

I tell you what, we're make a deal. If I am right and you are wrong you go away forever?

Someone get a picture of this guy, and I will show up at one of these flag football games or functions. When I'm not him you leave the board. If I am him (I'm not obviously) I'll leave.

Deal?
How would we know that the person who shows up is actually you?

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 01:22 PM

Deal?

Yeah, that sounds like a great plan...:rolleyes:

Awesome. I'm going to drive 250 miles for a Planet gathering, just so you can send a friend of yours in your place.

"I'm TheGuardian"

"Oh, duh, well, wow. That's not him boys, lets go, durrr..."

Convenient.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2010, 01:24 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/129150-1/Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a great plan...:rolleyes:

Awesome. I'm going to drive 250 miles for a Planet gathering, just so you can send a friend of yours in your place.

"I'm TheGuardian"

"Oh, duh, well, wow. That's not him boys, lets go, durrr..."

Convenient.

If it were I'd just say it's me. It's hilarious!

Yeah that's me dude. All the way. ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Anyone else see a Midnight Vulture-like ending to this?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I miss the Vulture.

SAUTO
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM

I miss the Vulture.

who was the guy that said they owned a convience store chain? trav? that was a good one too

DeezNutz
01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Classic if it were the Vulture.

Micjones
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Fuck off, Racist.

You're irrelevant.

Get used to it.

I've never quite seen you so defeated. Generally I take pride in these virtual ass-kickings I keep handing you.
Now, I'm like the boxer begging the ref to stop the fight.

Just remember...it hurt me more than it hurt you.

And for the record...
What person with any good sense would give two shits about being relevant on a message board?
I'm not sure how one would even qualify relevance on a message board.
ROFL

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM

What was this?

FAX
01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
What was this?

Midnight_Vulture was a guy who pretended to be another guy with claims to be an awesome, super-chick-magnet, biker guy but wound up being a real dumb looking, ugly guy.

It was kind of bizarre, to tell the truth.

FAX

DeezNutz
01-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Midnight_Vulture was a guy who pretended to be another guy with claims to be an awesome, super-chick-magnet, biker guy but wound up being a real dumb looking, ugly guy.

It was kind of bizarre, to tell the truth.

FAX

He was also a very likable young man, who was typically respectful to his fellow posters.

Reaper16
01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
What was this?
This board has a history of people not being who they say that they are. That's why people are skeptical around here.

DeezNutz
01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
BWWahahashhahahahahahaha!

Post a picture!

What a bunch of losers, living the suburban life. Bwhahahahaha!

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Well I'm not who OTWP58 thinks I am. Sorry.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Whatever you say, Jake.

Where was I a backup at?

Well I'm not who OTWP58 thinks I am. Sorry.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone calls me by a name other than my own, the first thing I say is "My name is not Jake."

You were more concerned about being a backup, which given your general attitude, makes all the sense in the world.

And FWIW, I didn't dig this info up, someone else did.

And so far, the evidence is stacked against you. The only thing you have going for you is your word, and I seriously doubt anyone here trusts you.

Have a good day, Jake.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm gonna be out for a couple hours. Check in later.

FAX
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm gonna be out for a couple hours. Check in later.

Hmmm. Whatever shall we do?

Okay. Everybody ... off to the Zombie Turtle thread!! Pronto!!

FAX

TheGuardian
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Maybe it's just me, but if someone calls me by a name other than my own, the first thing I say is "My name is not Jake."

You were more concerned about being a backup, which given your general attitude, makes all the sense in the world.

And FWIW, I didn't dig this info up, someone else did.

And so far, the evidence is stacked against you. The only thing you have going for you is your word, and I seriously doubt anyone here trusts you.

Have a good day, Jake.

Someone dug up this info. Well, I hope no one paid for those services because he's the worst detective ever.

I didn't even realize you had called me "Jake" because I was trying to figure out what the "backup" comment was all about. I'm not your guy, and I've never ridden the pine. Sorry dude.