PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga To Enter 2010 NFL Draft

AJKCFAN
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga will forgo his senior year with the Hawkeyes and enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

Highly athletic at 6'6/315, Bulaga's profile is similar to that of Joe Thomas. A former tight end, Bulaga cracked Kirk Ferentz's starting lineup as a true freshman left guard and finished his final two seasons at left tackle. The Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year is a likely top-eight pick, and the vast majority of teams drafting in the top ten need offensive tackles.

Halfcan
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
That would be a Whale of a pick for us-lol

The Franchise
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
and the vast majority of teams drafting in the top ten need offensive tackles.

St. Louis Rams - Nope
Detroit Lions - Yep
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Nope
Washington Redskins - Yep
Kansas City Chiefs - Nope
Seattle Seahawks - Yep
Cleveland Browns - Nope
Oakland Raiders - Yep
Buffalo Bills - Yep
Jacksonville Jaguars - Nope

5 out of 10 is not a vast majority.

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
This is coming from an Iowa Hawkeyes fan, mind you....

Remember Robert Gallery.

beer bacon
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Remember Robert Gallery.

Does Bulaga have short little stubby arms too?

Chief Henry
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Remember Robert Gallery.

???

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 01:58 PM
???

Robert Gallery...supposedly can't miss LT prospect. He missed.

tyton75
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Don't know that I would call him a complete miss.. he's not playing LT, but he's still in the league and seems to be playing pretty well

just sayin'

wutamess
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
St. Louis Rams - Nope
Detroit Lions - Yep
Seattle Seahawks - Yep
Cleveland Browns - Nope
Oakland Raiders - Yep
Buffalo Bills - Yep

We need a right tackle.

The Franchise
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
We need a right tackle.

I should punch you.

vailpass
01-07-2010, 02:16 PM
St. Louis Rams - Nope
Detroit Lions - Yep
Seattle Seahawks - Yep
Cleveland Browns - Nope
Oakland Raiders - Yep
Buffalo Bills - Yep

KC is set at OT?

Chief Henry
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM

Dude, he's playing in the NFL on a pathetic team in Oakland.

He's not a "miss" !!!

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Dude, he's playing in the NFL on a pathetic team in Oakland.

He's not a "miss" !!!

Oakland didn't draft him to be a guard. He definitely was a whiff.

DeezNutz
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
KC is set at OT?

As it applies to a top 5 pick, yes.

Mecca
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I should punch you.

Petro was pimping taking an OT with a top 5 pick earlier today!

He actually said he thought the Chiefs would go OT, CB, and some kind of pass rusher.

He then went into a diatribe about how Brandon Carr sucks balls.

vailpass
01-07-2010, 02:41 PM
As it applies to a top 5 pick, yes.

Got ya, thanks.

Mecca
01-07-2010, 02:41 PM
If you are a top 3 pick taken ahead of Larry Fitzgerald to play LT and you are now a guard you are an epic fail, Robert Gallery epic fail.

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
If you are a top 3 pick taken ahead of Larry Fitzgerald to play LT and you are now a guard you are an epic fail, Robert Gallery epic fail.

You don't know what you're talking about. They knew Darrius Heyward-Bey would meet all their WR needs for the next decade. They didn't need Fitzgerald.

DeezNutz
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
KK: "I would just about bet the ranch that the Chiefs are going to go OT with their first-round pick."

KC kid
01-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Are they going to shift players on the o-line?

Reaper16
01-07-2010, 02:50 PM

He actually said he thought the Chiefs would go OT, CB, and some kind of pass rusher.

:facepalm:

Mr. Laz
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
St. Louis Rams - Nope
Detroit Lions - Yep
Seattle Seahawks - Yep
Cleveland Browns - Nope
Oakland Raiders - Yep
Buffalo Bills - Yep

we don't need a tackle?

in you opinion is not worth it for us to take a tackle that high ... but we need a tackle, maybe 2.

The Franchise
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
KK: "I would just about bet the ranch that the Chiefs are going to go OT with their first-round pick."

If we draft an OT in the top 5....then we are making 2 huge mistakes.

The Franchise
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
we don't need a tackle?

in you opinion is not worth it for us to take a tackle that high ... but we need a tackle, maybe 2.

We do not need a LT and taking a RT that high would be stupid. We do need a RT. Jason Fox or Sam Young can fill that hole in the 3rd-4th round range.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
meh ... i'm gonna just ignore this thread

everyone knows where it's going.

Mecca
Basically everyone thinks we are going OT, we should probably prepare for it.

KCrockaholic
This is a great decision by Bulaga. I believe he is the real deal at LT. I don't want KC taking him because I would rather fill a more glaring need like Safety. But whoever gets him is doing themselves a big favor. He should be a Pro Bowler by year 2 in the NFL IMO.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2010, 02:56 PM
We do not need a LT and taking a RT that high would be stupid. We do need a RT. Jason Fox or Sam Young can fill that hole in the 3rd-4th round range.
like i said ..... i your opinion we shouldn't take a tackle that high but we need a tackle, maybe 2.

KCrockaholic
we don't need a tackle?

yup. We need a tackle. Maybe not with the #5 pick. But we need another one at some point in this draft.

The Franchise
like i said ..... i your opinion we shouldn't take a tackle that high but we need a tackle, maybe 2.

Ok....so I should have stated that those teams do not need a LT....not just an OT. Although Jacksonville needs neither.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
yup. We need a tackle. Maybe not with the #5 pick. But we need another one at some point in this draft.
and it's high questionable whether or not we need TWO offensive tackles.

KCrockaholic
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
and it's high questionable whether or not we need TWO offensive tackles.

Well Right Tackle is a MUST...LT is fine unless we move Albert inside which I would not be against.

googlegoogle
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM

:eek::(

CoMoChief
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Don't know that I would call him a complete miss.. he's not playing LT, but he's still in the league and seems to be playing pretty well

just sayin'

He's a decent guard. I'd take him if he wasn't making OT money

CoMoChief
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Chris Scott OT from Tennessee. He's huge and he's a badass. Can play any OL position and he can be drafted in 4th rd probably. 6'5 340lbs

I'm gonna continue to pimp the hell out of this guy.

Mecca
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
6'5 340, he's to fat for Haley.

CoMoChief
01-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I'd draft 3 OL in this draft if I was Pioli. AND I would sign Mankins. More Oline depth the better and Waters won't be around for too much longer. I think we need to trade down and pick up another 2nd rd pick

Mike Iupati
Jason Fox
Chris Scott
Logan Mankins
Branden Albert
Brian Waters
Wade Smith
Barry Richardson

definately need to look at center in FA as well. ANYONE is better than Niswanger.

CoMoChief
01-07-2010, 03:26 PM

He can lose 15 lbs in camp or so.

tomahawk kid
01-07-2010, 03:49 PM
As tight as Ferentz and Pioli supposedly are, I'd say there's a very high chance we take this kid if he drops to 5.

I'd imagine Albert will be moved to RT or back to G in that instance.

Mecca
01-07-2010, 03:50 PM
As tight as Ferentz and Pioli supposedly are, I'd say there's a very high chance we take this kid if he drops to 5.

:facepalm:

suds79
01-07-2010, 04:18 PM

We're going to really screw Albert up if we keep messing with him.

Rookie Year - Real Good

2nd Year - Lost 40 lbs and offensive system was changed just before the regular season. Struggled early but played well in the 2nd half of the season. Was coached by a guy who has since been fired.

3rd Year - Lets have him switch positions!

:banghead:

SDChiefs
01-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Haley will just make him drop to 210 in the offseason.

ChiefMojo
01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I REALLY like Bulaga. To be honest I would take him over any other OT in the draft. The thing is he is a LT now, but we have a LT in Branden Albert? Are we willing to pay Bulaga top 5 money to be a RT or do we put him at LT? The way things are looking, we are likely to take a OT with the first pick... regardless how much some like or dislike it.

Again the addition of Bulaga to the draft gives me hope. I wasn't crazy about the likes of Okung and others as the OT draft pool for us to pick from. Also just because Gallery busted as a LT doesn't mean another Iowa kid will bust. Iowa OL are generally considered across the board the best coached/ready OL to draft period. The Ferentz/Pioli factor is huge in this situation.

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
I sincerely hope we don't take Bulaga or any OT in the first round...for the reasons already stated. But remember that Pioli and Haley don't give a crap about positional value or what the plan was for Albert. They might think he can't play LT consistently. I think it's stupid to move him, but that doesn't matter.

Mecca
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I want to know what makes us likely to take an OT, because the idiots on sports radio say so?

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm not saying Oline isn't a need because it is. We're lacking talent AND depth on the line. But look at the last game. Cassel wasn't sacked one time, and our RB went for 259 yards against a pretty good defense. ON the other hand, Kyle freaking ORTON threw for over 400 yards against us. If we don't fix our secondary with guys that can make plays, we're never going to get it right.

DeezNutz
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I want to know what makes us likely to take an OT, because the idiots on sports radio say so?

Here's my list of understandable selections at #5 overall. Not saying each of these guys would be my pick, but it's a pick that wouldn't make me freak out:

Berry
Spiller
Bryant
Clausen
Mays
Haden

The pick, IMO, has to come from one of these guys. It must be used for a playmaker.

Mecca
01-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't care who you put on this line, Cassel is going to take sacks, that's who he is.

ChiefMojo
01-07-2010, 05:42 PM
From what I have been reading on Bulaga, he has long arms, very good strength, very good athlete, and could end up being a better RT than LT. He has had some Thyroid issues that he is correcting with medicine. It affected his play early in the season until he got everything under control.

I've seen him as high as the #1 OT in the draft to around #5 OT in the draft. He will work out very well at the combine. I think we can't underestimate the Ferentz/Pioli connection in this. He was also the BIG 10 Offensive Lineman of the Year.

KCrockaholic
01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Here's my list of understandable selections at #5 overall. Not saying each of these guys would be my pick, but it's a pick that wouldn't make me freak out:

Berry
Spiller
Bryant
Clausen
Mays
Haden

The pick, IMO, has to come from one of these guys. It must be used for a playmaker.

I could handle us taking Berry, Spiller, or Bryant. But drafting Clausen, Mays at #5 or Haden is just dumb.

I want to know who's idea it was that we are going to draft Clausen??? Seriously! I don't give a rat's ass who our coordinator is. It could be Clausen's dad. We are not taking a QB in round 1!!! Thats all :)

KCrockaholic
01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
From what I have been reading on Bulaga, he has long arms, very good strength, very good athlete, and could end up being a better RT than LT. He has had some Thyroid issues that he is correcting with medicine. It affected his play early in the season until he got everything under control.

I've seen him as high as the #1 OT in the draft to around #5 OT in the draft. He will work out very well at the combine. I think we can't underestimate the Ferentz/Pioli connection in this. He was also the BIG 10 Offensive Lineman of the Year.

He's a great prospect. Despite him weighing 340lbs supposedly, he carries it very well.

Mecca
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
I could handle us taking Berry, Spiller, or Bryant. But drafting Clausen, Mays at #5 or Haden is just dumb.

I want to know who's idea it was that we are going to draft Clausen??? Seriously! I don't give a rat's ass who our coordinator is. It could be Clausen's dad. We are not taking a QB in round 1!!! Thats all :)

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be...

Coogs
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM

I confess.

KCrockaholic
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I confess.

Damn you!! ;)

Coogs
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Damn you!! ;)

:shrug: I know.