PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Giants Defense: Report: Crennel to interview with Giants

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1003&line=165909&spln=1

Giants Defense: Report: Crennel to interview with Giants
Giants Defense - TM - NYG - Jan. 7 - 5:37 pm et
Former Browns head coach Romeo Crennel is expected to be the next candidate interviewed for the Giants' vacant defensive coordinator position.
The Giants have already interviewed Perry Fewell, and they're believed to be interested in Jets LBers coach Bob Sutton and Patriots DL coach Pepper Johnson. Crennel coached the Giants' defensive line in the 1990s before taking over Bill Belichick's defense in New England for the Super Bowl runs. Jan. 7 - 5:37 pm et
Source: New York Daily News

The Bad Guy
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
I'll be amazed if he ends up there. Half their defense would be worthless in the 3-4

Mr. Laz
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
apparently the chiefs haven't offered him anything or at least offered him enough ... he's still looking.

i wonder if we don't get crennel whether we will look for another DC at all?

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Lions GM called 2-14 unacceptable. We're probably just messing around until Gunther's available.

Who knows what's happening at Fort Arrowhead?

the Talking Can
01-07-2010, 05:06 PM
apparently the chiefs haven't offered him anything or at least offered him enough ... he's still looking.

god i hope so....

siberian khatru
01-07-2010, 05:06 PM

I think BRC said on another thread that, according to his sources, it's either Crennel or back to Clancy.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I thought Crennel was "on vacation this week."

Unless he is conducting this interview on the phone or next week...or the report he is on vacation is false.

talastan
01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Posted this in another thread:

Looks like we're waiting on Crennel. He's coaching the Shrine East-West game. Good chance to scout some college talent?

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1182

Fat Elvis
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I'll be amazed if he ends up there. Half their defense would be worthless in the 3-4

Kind of like ours?

The Bad Guy
01-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Kind of like ours?

All the Giants have is edge rushers. We had nothing even close to that. Tuck and Osi become really worthless because Kiwi would be one OLB and Clint Sitim (SP) would be the other.

FAX
01-07-2010, 05:17 PM
So, one day IronMan and SpiderMan were battling some evil guys and getting their asses kicked. Suddenly, out of the sky, a great big guy with long, blond hair and a huge hammer appears out of nowhere. IronMan says, "Who ith he?" While ducking another evil guy punch, SpiderMan answers, "He's Thor." To which IronMan replies, "Well, thath thad. He oughta uthe thome lubricant."

FAX

DaWolf
01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
All the Giants have is edge rushers. We had nothing even close to that. Tuck and Osi become really worthless because Kiwi would be one OLB and Clint Sitim (SP) would be the other.

I'm sure Crennel will say he can coach the 4-3 just as well, just like Gunther said he had no problems coaching Tampa 2...

DumbHillbillies
01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Noooooo, Romeo. We'll pay you with gates bbq.

KCrockaholic
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
This would make no sense for NY... I would be very surprised if he ends up with the Giants.

LaChapelle
01-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Giants are new and hip

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2010, 06:50 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/07/giants-have-been-in-contact-with-crennel/

Giants have been in contact with Crennel

We wrote earlier Thursday that there will be competition for Romeo Crennel's services as defensive coordinator.

The Giants have now made it clear they are in on the bidding. Crennel and the Giants have already spoken on the phone.

"I know they've talked," Crennel's agent Joe Linta said to the Newark Star-Ledger. "And I'm sure they weren't just calling him to say hi."

Linta could be trying to drive up Crennel's price by playing the Chiefs and Giants against each other. But Crennel, currently on vacation, is interested in setting up a meeting next week. For now, the talks have been informal.

"Let's put it this way: Romeo and the Giants are only Facebook friends right now," Linta said.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2010, 06:52 PM
*Side note: Would you guys take Perry Fewell. I know nothing about him...

Micjones
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
That would be a Clancy Pendergast to KC acquisition.
Crennel's a 3-4 guy all day.

Quit playing around and sign the contract already.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
PLZ SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS BARRY KOOLAID IS GOING CRAZY OVER AT WPI LOL HES MAKING PEOPLE LEAVE LEFT AND RIGHT LOOK At his post BarryinStlouis wrote: Oh, by the way.

Furthermore, as administrator of this website, I can, and WILL edit any post that I see fit. This doesn't bode well for bashers, and Haters. Especially one's on the free side.

So keep in mind, if your agenda is to come here, and stir the pot, and attack people on a personal level, I will edit your posts too. BEFORE I ban you.

Thanks for your cooperation.
The Management.

Do people really support this? I Can and Will edit posts I see fit! Hail Hitler!

Ecspecially one's on the free side.

This person is a joke. Power hungry tyrant. period. This person has no justifiable reason to be overseeing a website. Welcome all, TheRealMoose 2.0.

Thig Lyfe
01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Apparently Crennel wants to be paid as much as Haley.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
go to wpi free fourms and look under another announement it is priceless

Reaper16
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Why in the world would the Giants want to run a Parcells tree 3-4? That's like the last defense that I would want with that defensive personnel.

Dylan
01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm sure Crennel will say he can coach the 4-3 just as well, just like Gunther said he had no problems coaching Tampa 2...

The Patriots play a lot of 4 man fronts -- Just saying

Red Dawg
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I bet we are keeping Clancy. We got Weis really quick. Romey does not have to interview with Scott. He may have already offered him the job for all we know. Apparently he will not be coming to KC and that really sucks.

The Bad Guy
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
PLZ SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS BARRY KOOLAID IS GOING CRAZY OVER AT WPI LOL HES MAKING PEOPLE LEAVE LEFT AND RIGHT LOOK At his post BarryinStlouis wrote: Oh, by the way.

Furthermore, as administrator of this website, I can, and WILL edit any post that I see fit. This doesn't bode well for bashers, and Haters. Especially one's on the free side.

So keep in mind, if your agenda is to come here, and stir the pot, and attack people on a personal level, I will edit your posts too. BEFORE I ban you.

The Management.

Do people really support this? I Can and Will edit posts I see fit! Hail Hitler!

This person is a joke. Power hungry tyrant. period. This person has no justifiable reason to be overseeing a website. Welcome all, TheRealMoose 2.0.

Can you just jump off a fucking cliff already? No one gives a fuck here about that koolaid man, you or WIPE.

HotRoute
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Coughlin or Haley? Hmmmm let's see which one he choses

HotRoute
01-07-2010, 09:47 PM
If I had to pick between weis and crennel, which might be what happened , I take weis

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2010, 09:57 PM

I'm really not high on Crennel. At all. But I fear the same thing, because Wade probably isn't going anywhere and he's not part of the tree anyways.

Choosing between Crennel or Pendergrast, I'd have to take Crennel. Fuck.

Dylan
01-08-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm really not high on Crennel. At all. But I fear the same thing, because Wade probably isn't going anywhere and he's not part of the tree anyways.

Choosing between Crennel or Pendergrast, I'd have to take Crennel. ****.

I agree with you on Romo Crennel.

Did Belichick call the plays -- or did Crennel call the plays? The media frequently referred to them as Bill Belichick's and Romeo Crennel's defense...

How the Cowboys finish will determine if Wade stays on.

He has an excellent defensive mind. Wade is the only head coach that is also the teams defensive coordinator.

Wade would be my first choice as defensive coordinator. I'd venture a guess that he would be hired as head coach effective immediately. Sigh

Bugeater
01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
My patience is wearing thin with this fat fucking prick. He ain't all that.

Dylan
01-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Why in the world would the Giants want to run a Parcells tree 3-4? That's like the last defense that I would want with that defensive personnel.

The Giants legacy was the 3-4 defense. They actually started using the 3-4 before Bill Parcells was hired as head coach.

Under Steve Spagnuolo, the Giants used to incorporate a hybred 3-4 in some of their defensive schemes -- That is, until Bill Sheridan was promoted to defensive coordinator in 2009.

I agree with many of those who said the Giants do not have the personnel to run a successful 3-4. One of the biggest challenges would be at the lone nose tackle position. However, it is easier to fix up a defense than it is to fix up an offense. It is harder to find a quarterback, offensive line and receivers than it is to find players that can play defense.

According to John Mara the entire organization will be evaluated from top to bottom. It makes you wonder how safe is Coughlin once the playoffs end.

Just my opinion.

T-post Tom
01-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Romeo Crennel a Giant hopeful
Friday, January 8, 2010
BY VINNY DITRANI

Former Giants assistant and Cleveland head coach Romeo Crennel has emerged as perhaps the leading candidate to replace Bill Sheridan as Giants defensive coordinator.

Crennel and Tom Coughlin were on Bill Parcells’ Giants staff from 1988 through 1990, and Coughlin always has expressed great respect for his former cohort.

Meanwhile, former Bills coach Perry Fewell interviewed with Coughlin on Thursday and will talk to the Chicago Bears about their defensive coordinator position next week.

Crennel, 62, returns from a vacation in Aruba on Monday, but the Giants already have contacted him several times. They could receive competition for Crennel’s services from Kansas City, where another former Bill Belichick lieutenant, Charlie Weis, is signing on as offensive coordinator; and from an unidentified team that is contemplating a change in defensive direction.

Crennel always has been a 3-4 coach. If he cannot adjust to the 4-3 scheme, that would bring up a huge question: How can a Giants team with barely one linebacker suddenly discover four?

It would take some major maneuvering, such as Mathias Kiwanuka to weak-side outside linebacker and Clint Sintim to weak-side inside ’backer, just to field a team. Chris Canty would be the only one to prosper immediately by moving back to his 3-4 defensive end spot. There really would be no spot for Osi Umenyiora, except possibly in pass-rush situations.

In other news, Sheridan will interview in Miami for the linebackers job. And director of college scouting Marc Ross will interview in Seattle for the general manager position.

Former Giants assistant and Cleveland head coach Romeo Crennel has emerged as perhaps the leading candidate to replace Bill Sheridan as Giants defensive coordinator.

Crennel and Tom Coughlin were on Bill Parcells’ Giants staff from 1988 through 1990, and Coughlin always has expressed great respect for his former cohort.

Meanwhile, former Bills coach Perry Fewell interviewed with Coughlin on Thursday and will talk to the Chicago Bears about their defensive coordinator position next week.

Crennel, 62, returns from a vacation in Aruba on Monday, but the Giants already have contacted him several times. They could receive competition for Crennel’s services from Kansas City, where another former Bill Belichick lieutenant, Charlie Weis, is signing on as offensive coordinator; and from an unidentified team that is contemplating a change in defensive direction.

Crennel always has been a 3-4 coach. If he cannot adjust to the 4-3 scheme, that would bring up a huge question: How can a Giants team with barely one linebacker suddenly discover four?

It would take some major maneuvering, such as Mathias Kiwanuka to weak-side outside linebacker and Clint Sintim to weak-side inside ’backer, just to field a team. Chris Canty would be the only one to prosper immediately by moving back to his 3-4 defensive end spot. There really would be no spot for Osi Umenyiora, except possibly in pass-rush situations.

In other news, Sheridan will interview in Miami for the linebackers job. And director of college scouting Marc Ross will interview in Seattle for the general manager position.

salame
01-08-2010, 03:31 AM
The Giants legacy was the 3-4 defense. They actually started using the 3-4 before Bill Parcells was hired as head coach.

Under Steve Spagnuolo, the Giants used to incorporate a hybred 3-4 in some of their defensive schemes -- That is, until Bill Sheridan was promoted to defensive coordinator in 2009.

I agree with many of those who said the Giants do not have the personnel to run a successful 3-4. One of the biggest challenges would be at the lone nose tackle position. However, it is easier to fix up a defense than it is to fix up an offense. It is harder to find a quarterback, offensive line and receivers than it is to find players that can play defense.

According to John Mara the entire organization will be evaluated from top to bottom. It makes you wonder how safe is Coughlin once the playoffs end.

Just my opinion.

no 3-4 dline?

Rocky Bernard 6-3 308
Chris Canty 6-7 304
Barry Cofield 6-4 306
Fred Robbins 6-4 317
Jay Alford 6-3 304
Anthony Bryant 6-3 337

want rushing outside linebackers?

Mathias Kiwanuka 6-5 265
Justin Tuck 6-5 274
Osi Umenyiora 6-3 261

looks much better than kansas citys 3-4 front 7

TigerPig
01-08-2010, 03:54 AM
The deal is done. Crennel was spotted purchasing a Crane so he could get in and out of his third story loft on the upper east side.

TigerPig
01-08-2010, 03:55 AM
no 3-4 dline?

Rocky Bernard 6-3 308
Chris Canty 6-7 304
Barry Cofield 6-4 306
Fred Robbins 6-4 317
Jay Alford 6-3 304
Anthony Bryant 6-3 337

Mathias Kiwanuka 6-5 265
Justin Tuck 6-5 274
Osi Umenyiora 6-3 261

I don't know the Giants hardly at all. Who would play the NT position?

The Bad Guy
01-08-2010, 06:43 AM
no 3-4 dline?

Rocky Bernard 6-3 308
Chris Canty 6-7 304
Barry Cofield 6-4 306
Fred Robbins 6-4 317
Jay Alford 6-3 304
Anthony Bryant 6-3 337

Mathias Kiwanuka 6-5 265
Justin Tuck 6-5 274
Osi Umenyiora 6-3 261

Canty is a 3-4 DE. Bernard is getting cut this off-season. Fred Robbins is not a run plugging NT.

Osi would get eaten alive at OLB. He doesn't look the same since his knee injury. I think Kiwi can do it based on his shift to linebacker a few years ago.

It does look better than our front, but let's be honest here, the defensive front from the movie Little Giants looks better than ours.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-08-2010, 09:05 AM
...I am betting he lands in NY.

Hope I am wrong.

Just don't want to watch Clancy's D another year.

HemiEd
01-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Can you just jump off a ****ing cliff already? No one gives a **** here about that koolaid man, you or WIPE.

I changed his colors.

Ralphy Boy
01-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't know the Giants hardly at all. Who would play the NT position?

uh I'm guessing the fat fugger that weighs in at 337 lbs.

Cannibal
01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
He probably doesn't want to live the mid west, KC specifically.

wild1
01-08-2010, 09:54 AM

The Management.

that's what you get for hanging out in that tenement of sports websites

Sure-Oz
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
We are doomed under another year of pendergassssss

Titty Meat
01-08-2010, 01:21 PM
This team won't be worth watching if Pendergast is still the DC.

MOhillbilly
01-08-2010, 01:23 PM
black canidate, yadda,yadda.

DaWolf
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
...I am betting he lands in NY.

Hope I am wrong.

Just don't want to watch Clancy's D another year.

I wouldn't be shocked. He and Coughlin are apparently good buddies and both obviously Parcells guys...