PDA

View Full Version : What round does Colt McCoy get drafted in?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Now that the career is over, and in light of how it ended, when does he go?

HemiEd
01-08-2010, 09:13 AM
I think he goes 2nd, the injury probably didn't help him last night. He is still better than Cassel.

Direckshun
01-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I think he's first round talent, I really do.

But I think teams will hesitate on him the same reason the folks around here hestitate on him. I think he's a first-round talent that will get snatched up in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

bowener
01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Chiefs take him with their second 2nd round pick. :)

KCrockaholic
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I think he is worthy of a 3rd round pick. That is it though. I don't really like any of the QB's this year as pure passers. I wish Locker had come out this year. But I guess my top QB right now is Sam Bradford.

88TG88
01-08-2010, 06:21 PM
He'll get drafted in the 2nd round

Will he live up to that pick is the better question

eazyb81
01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
3rd, maybe later.

He certainly wasn't an elite prospect, but I bet teams question his mental toughness after last night.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
McCoy fits McDaniels system actually, Denver wouldn't be a bad spot for him.

keg in kc
01-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Lot can change between now and april. Not sure what his injury is yet and there's the senior bowl, combine, pro days, etc. If he's healthy, my guess is he goes higher than people expect.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I honestly think he lost millions of dollars and won't be drafted until the late rounds after last night. Of course someone may believe that he really couldn't come back in the game. When they interviewed him though, and he wasn't in a cast, on the sideline for the 2nd half of the game, and saying he had no pain but couldn't play in the biggest game of his life is crazy. I wouldn't draft him at all.

keg in kc
01-08-2010, 07:28 PM
It was really weird, that's for sure. But what I saw him say was that his entire arm was dead. No pain because there was no sensation at all. I read somewhere that he'd had a similar injury as a freshman, hit against K-State that took him out of a game, then he came back the next week (and didn't play well). There's some conjecture as well that he wanted to play and was kept out of the game. And he's started at Texas for, what, 4 years? Played in some huge games, taken some brutal hits. It's not like he's untested in that regard. Which is what makes last night so weird...

It's really impossible to know for sure. I've seen some people say his post game interview seemed unemotional or scripted, but to me it looked like he was stopping himself from balling like Tim Te-baby until he could talk. I don't think he was happy about missing the game, at all.

DeezNutz
01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
5th or 6th.

But, honestly, I wouldn't even waste that.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 08:06 PM
5th or 6th.

But, honestly, I wouldn't even waste that.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I think he's first round talent, I really do..

http://i44.tinypic.com/35n3ex2.jpg

ArrowheadMagic
01-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Where should or where will he go? He will go higher than he should. Personally, I would be shocked if he did everything at the combine. A very good college QB who's tools dont translate to the next level.

BryanBusby
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I think he will go early in the 4th round. I don't think teams will be high on the idea of him being the franchise QB for reasons we already know, but his awfully good production will be enough for a team to say fuck it and take him as a potential insurance policy.

BossChief
01-11-2010, 06:45 AM
I just hope Denver drafts that pussy.

Too bad he doesn't have a monster arm or the crypt keeper might draft him with his first.

buddha
01-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Where should or where will he go? He will go higher than he should. Personally, I would be shocked if he did everything at the combine. A very good college QB who's tools dont translate to the next level.

This...

As for the "couldn't feel my arm" line, he was moving it up and down on the sidelines after the initial hit, he took his gear off and then put it back on again. As somebody who had several shoulder injuries in football, I can tell you that if you get a stinger, the last thing you want to do is slide in and out of tight shoulder pads/jersey just so you can come out and hold the clip board. I'm sure he got hurt, but I really believe that daddy ran down there to tell his son to not risk his NFL future that night.

KJROD20
01-13-2010, 12:16 PM

agreed. i think he's a 3rd/4th rounder but will get taken in the 2nd/3rd.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
lower half of the 2nd round or 3rd imo

he has some potiential

TigerPig
01-14-2010, 02:57 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

“There’s no pain on my body,” Colt said later. “If I was a free safety, I’d go out there and make a tackle. I [just] have no strength to throw a football.”

Sounds like the guy went total noodle-arm. Definitely doesn't sound like a matter of desire at all.

That being said... third.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 10:14 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sounds like the guy went total noodle-arm. Definitely doesn't sound like a matter of desire at all.

That being said... third.

I don't believe it. That whole thing on the sideline with the weird interview looked scripted as fuck. I think Colt McCoy has no heart.

ChiefaRoo
01-14-2010, 10:17 AM
4th. His hype might get him pushed up to 3rd or even late second.

I don't see him doing much in the NFL. Journeyman QB with avg. athletic skills for the NFL but with a good mind.

Think a very poor man's Drew Brees, limited arm, not super accurate and less durable.

I think he'd be a good analyst or coach.

RippedmyFlesh
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
He will get picked too high by someone just because there aren't alot of qb's this year.

Chiefnj2
01-14-2010, 11:16 AM
4th. His hype might get him pushed up to 3rd or even late second.

I don't see him doing much in the NFL. Journeyman QB with avg. athletic skills for the NFL but with a good mind.

Think a very poor man's Drew Brees, limited arm, not super accurate and less durable.

I think he'd be a good analyst or coach.

McCoy may not be a lot of things, but he is accurate.