PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPN: Pete Carroll to the Seahawks?

jAZ
01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Just saw a post on the UA board that Mort saying that Pete is likely headed back to the NFL. That's pretty big news for both the NFL and College football, if true.

Quesadilla Joe
01-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Seattle offering "exorbitant" money to Carroll
Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2010 4:08 PM ET

With the Seattle Seahawks dumping coach Jim Mora and pursuing Pete Carroll, Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Seahawks are offering the USC coach an "exorbitant" amount of money.

It's not a bad development for Carroll, given that no one since the Dolphins post-Saban and the Falcons post-Petrino have seriously pursued Carroll.

And that's what makes this development even more amazing. Carroll's stock has dropped, along with the stock of college coaches generally. None have succeeded at the NFL level since former Miami coach Jimmy Johnson led the Cowboys to back-to-back NFL titles -- and former Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer parlayed his Jim Caldwell role into another one.

Thus, the thinking was that the NFL had abandoned the college-to-NFL career path.

Still, it's pointing in that direction. ESPN now reports that some of the "power brokers" at USC (Will Ferrell?) have reached out to Oregon State coach Mike Riley. (We also think Jags coach Jack Del Rio would be a candidate, too.) As a result, Chris Mortensen of ESPN says it would be a "surprise" if Carroll doesn't take the job.

And if Carroll quickly becomes the next coach of the Seahawks, the Seahawks might need to keep some extra money around to pay the fine for violating the Rooney Rule, if no minority candidate is willing to interview for the job -- and if the Seahawks didn't have the foresight to interview an in-house candidate before firing Mora and letting the Carroll cat out of the bag.

Vikings coordinator Leslie Frazier already has declined an opportunity to interview; Glazer suggests that other minority candidates have said "no thanks," too.

In this regard, it's not enough to ask a minority coach to be interviewed; the interview has to occur. In 2003, Lions assistant Sherm Lewis refused to participate in a sham session when it was obvious that CEO Matt Millen planned to hire Steve Mariucci. So the Lions interviewed no minority candidates -- and Millen was fined $200,000.

The league thereafter promised to impose even bigger fines for future violations. The Seahawks may be in line for such an outcome. But the team might simply regard the penalty as a cost of doing business.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/08/seattle-dangling-exorbitant-money-to-carroll/

Titty Meat
01-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Those UA boards are pretty rough to be honest.

88TG88
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
its possible

Mecca
And another year another report that Carroll is going back to the NFL, yet he never does.

Brock
I'm not sure how life gets better for Pete Carroll than it is right now.

ClevelandBronco
01-08-2010, 04:19 PM
...The league thereafter promised to impose even bigger fines for future violations. The Seahawks may be in line for such an outcome. But the team might simply regard the penalty as a cost of doing business...

If that happens, good for the Seahawks. Break the rules, pay the penalty and carry on with exactly what you want to do anyway.

Brock
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
They could just do like the Redskins did and just say you interviewed some minorities.

DMAC
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Why would he ever want to leave USC. Perfect weather...constant success...good feelings...boobies...

KCrockaholic
01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I highly doubt it...

Titty Meat
Seattle tried to interview Leslie Fraiser but he declined.

chiefs1111
Source: Seahawks interviewed Carroll earlier this week
Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2010 5:14 PM ET
As the momentum builds toward Pete Carroll becoming the next coach of the Seahawks, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that the team quietly traveled to Los Angeles this week to interview Carroll for the job.

Officially, the Seahawks in L.A. to interview a General Manager candidate. In reality, they met secretly with Carroll.

So that's why the thing is moving along -- and the cat apparently is getting out of the bag because the deal is close to being completed. As the source explained it, the firing of Mora adds further fuel to the notion that Carroll is in the can.

Per the source, the Seahawks decided at some point to go "big-game hunting," and that fallback candidates include Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, and John Fox.

But the process continues to point to Carroll, who gave ESPN's Chris Mortensen a half-hearted (hoof hearted) quasi-non-denial denial.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/08/source-seahawks-interviewed-carroll-earlier-this-week/

Mecca
He has no reason to leave, it can't get better.

He has a big contract, SC is the football show in LA, he has a big contract, top players want to play for him and he'll never get fired.

He has THE job.

kepp
01-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Seriously. If any college coach has it made, it's him.

KCrockaholic
01-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I wonder how many recruits would leave SC if Carroll did leave though.

DMAC
01-08-2010, 04:24 PM

He has a big contract, SC is the football show in LA, he has a big contract, top players want to play for him and he'll never get fired.

He has THE job.I would think he has ties to the community as well. Or is that just a facade?

The Franchise
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Maybe he thinks that the NCAA is going to come down hard on USC and he doesn't want to be there when it does.

Mecca
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I would think he has ties to the community as well. Or is that just a facade?

Oh he does, he does a bunch of community work, was born and raised there. You'd think that job is the ultimate for him and it can't get any better, but if he leaves that's on him.

Mecca
01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe he thinks that the NCAA is going to come down hard on USC and he doesn't want to be there when it does.

In basketball sure, in football you'd think if something was going to come of all the Bush stuff it would have happened by now it's been 4 years, unless you think we're going to be discussing Reggie Bush at SC well after Bush is retired.

Brock
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM

That would be hte only thing I could think of, but they haven't done anything to USC when they've been caught red-handed.

jAZ
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM

The "lack of institutional control" issue could make life at USC worse than it's been.

Titty Meat
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
If Carroll wasn't atleast considering the Seahawks job Bates would already be with the Bears.

Amnorix
I've said this before, and on Patriots' message boards where not many agree with me -- I'm not sure the book is written on Pete Carroll sucking as an NFL coach.

His one year stint with the Jets proved nothing.

His three years with the Patriots -- yes his teams steadily declined. 10-6 to 9-7 to 8-8 before he got the axe by Kraft in favor of Belichick. BUT his GM -- the reviled Bobby Grier, undermined his authority at every turn. It's well known that Willie McGinest and other Patriots veterans could "go up the back stairs" to Grier's office anytime they wanted to and that Grier wasn't backing Carroll up.

Also, the "talent" that Grier drafted in the '97-'98 drafts was an absolute laughinstock. Beyond horrendous.

It was very telling that there were more Parcells-era players ('93-'96) than Grier error ('97-'99) when the Patriots won their three Super Bowls.

KCChiefsMan
no way he leaves a job at USC where he will probably never be fired. That's probably the best coaching job in all of sports.

DeezNutz
Carroll is not an NFL HC.

Brock
01-08-2010, 04:31 PM
The "lack of institutional control" issue could make life at USC worse than it's been.

Yeah, I'm sure the NCAA is going to beat its glamour program down.

DMAC
01-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Carroll is not an NFL HC.This is true...he coaches at USC.

DrRyan
01-08-2010, 04:33 PM
And another year another report that Carroll is going back to the NFL, yet he never does.

Why would he ever want to leave USC. Perfect weather...constant success...good feelings...boobies...

Would not surprise me with all the rumored NCAA sanctions possible/likely...

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest a very large payday will have something to do with him leaving if he does.

Mojo Rising
01-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh he does, he does a bunch of community work, was born and raised there. You'd think that job is the ultimate for him and it can't get any better, but if he leaves that's on him.

I heard the local sports talk guys say earlier this week that there was a change in the Bush case. They referenced a recent hearing that allowed the NCAA to now use depositions that had evidence that Bush's family did accept the house. I had to get out of my car so I didn't hear the whole discussion.

Then there is the McKight investigation.

USC thought they could sacrifice their basketball team to save the football program. I don't think it will work.

Plus, I heard Carroll was going through a divorce. Maybe he thinks the time is right to get out of town.

USC must think there is something to it because they are having their boosters begin to court Mike Rley.

KCrockaholic
01-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Carroll is a dumb*** if he does it.

dirk digler
01-08-2010, 04:35 PM

He has THE job.

Except maybe he doesn't want to be perceived as a failure on the NFL level. Other than that I would stay.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Bill Simmons didn't call him coach Fredo for nothing.

vailpass
01-08-2010, 04:39 PM

He has THE job.

Wake up dude.

DMAC
01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
There are probably some successful NFL coaches that would LEAVE the NFL to go take Petey's place.

The Franchise
01-08-2010, 04:43 PM
There are probably some successful NFL coaches that would LEAVE the NFL to go take Petey's place.

Herm Edwards. Oh wait....you said successful.

I'd laugh my ass off if Herm Edwards was the next coach at USC. :D

vailpass
01-08-2010, 04:43 PM
No matter how hot you think she is there is some guy somewhere who is already sick of her shit.

DMAC
01-08-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.kewlpix.us/usc.gif

DrRyan
01-08-2010, 04:52 PM

He has THE job.

That is a rather myopic view that many would say is clouded by being a fan of USC.

On a side note, I don't think in this day and age you can ever say a coach will "never get fired." See Bowden, Bobby. Who thought Bowden was going to be pushed out the door against his own terms even five years ago?

Bugeater
01-08-2010, 05:04 PM
No matter how hot you think she is there is some guy somewhere who is already sick of her shit.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Icon
01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.kewlpix.us/usc.gif

Epic! :)

Mr. Laz
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Mangino is available for USC

The Bad Guy
01-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I think he's leaving because he knows there are sanctions coming down.

eazyb81
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM

Winner.

Carroll knows how bad he's been cheating, and he's getting out while the getting's good.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Winner.

Carroll knows how bad he's been cheating, and he's getting out while the getting's good.

Dude, check your PM's.

Do you want your spot in the CP Mock?

PM me back or check DraftPlanet.

Titty Meat
01-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Dude, check your PM's.

Do you want your spot in the CP Mock?

PM me back or check DraftPlanet.

Why wasn't I invited? :(

Deberg_1990
01-08-2010, 05:44 PM

What will u do if he does? Become a Bosie St. fan?

okcchief
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
The only reason Carroll would leave USC is pending probatation. I heard a report a few weeks back saying that they thought Carroll would leave USC because the IRS has given the NCAA the information they need to come after them on the Bush allegations. If he doesn't dispute this by tomorrow I would say it is true and he is going somewhere. Last night could have been an audition as an analyst just in case?

Dave Lane
01-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Well I guess USC is headed back to Division II

88TG88
01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Well I guess USC is headed back to Division II
Lol, not with the class they have coming in.

Dave Lane
01-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Herm Edwards. Oh wait....you said successful.

I'd laugh my ass off if Herm Edwards was the next coach at USC. :D

Oh pleassssseee I'd pay money. Mecca would pop with a Blood Pressure of 30000 over 15000

WilliamTheIrish
01-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I suppose it's possible. But the Bush/McKnight issue leaves all sorts of room for plausable deniability. The NCAA doesn't go after their glamor programs. Noy any more at least.

They have a vested interest in those money makers.

JD10367
01-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi.

Carroll sucked.

Bye.

Mojo Rising
01-08-2010, 06:48 PM
570 is reporting that the deal is $10m a year with total control.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
"Insert Pat/Jet fan here" Carrol sucks in the Pros!!!

JD10367
01-08-2010, 07:00 PM
"Insert Pat/Jet fan here" Carrol sucks in the Pros!!!

And your point is? Did he not suck? Did he not suck tremendously? Carroll simply does not have the mentality to deal with the pro athlete. I'll never forget his opening press conference, when one of the Patriots hugged him (Chris Slade, I think) and they called him a "player's coach" and said what a nice change it was going to be from Parcells. Yeah, right. Pro football players don't need a "buddy". And, unlike college kids who you can threaten and cajole--because they want to become moneymaking pros--a pro athlete who makes millions doesn't want to listen to Pom-Pom Pete. He should stay in the college ranks.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Hermie would be a good fit for USC seriousally. He could recruit studs that would overshadow his coaching flaws easily.

bevischief
01-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I heard they where after Mecca...

Reerun_KC
01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Carroll is not an NFL HC.

How long did it take you to figure that out? :facepalm:

Last time we checked, isnt he still at USC?

BryanBusby
01-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Reports are Carrol is either close or already has signed a 5 year, 35 mill contract to become the coach in Seattle.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Ya know, they may have been working on this for sometime and that could be why Mike Holmgren ended up in Seattle. Interesting................

Brock
01-08-2010, 07:55 PM
And your point is? Did he not suck? Did he not suck tremendously? Carroll simply does not have the mentality to deal with the pro athlete. I'll never forget his opening press conference, when one of the Patriots hugged him (Chris Slade, I think) and they called him a "player's coach" and said what a nice change it was going to be from Parcells. Yeah, right. Pro football players don't need a "buddy". And, unlike college kids who you can threaten and cajole--because they want to become moneymaking pros--a pro athlete who makes millions doesn't want to listen to Pom-Pom Pete. He should stay in the college ranks.

Not really, no. He didn't suck tremendously. He never finished below .500 in New England.

dirk digler
01-08-2010, 08:45 PM
The deal is done according to LA Daily News

5 years $35 million to be head coach and team president which means he will have control over personnel.

I guess that means they won't be in the market for a high profile GM candidate.

-King-
01-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Put mecca on suicide watch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Nah, SC can get a good coach, 90% of college coaching is recruiting so as long as they keep getting the kids SC will be fine.

That's a prize job so there shouldn't be a problem getting a good coach.

dirk digler
01-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Nah, SC can get a good coach, 90% of college coaching is recruiting so as long as they keep getting the kids SC will be fine.

So who would be the top candidate?

The Bad Guy
01-08-2010, 08:53 PM

If they have NCAA sanctions coming down, that is no prize.

88TG88
01-08-2010, 08:53 PM

I like the guy from Boise.

Mecca
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM

Good question....I would assume Ken Norton will get an interview just out of courtesy but I really wouldn't have a clue who they'd have on a candidate list.

I never really thought Carroll would leave after passing on the 49ers job but apparently Seattle gave him a blank contract and said, fill in how much money and what control you want.

Mecca
01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
If they have NCAA sanctions coming down, that is no prize.

They're not going to get any major sanctions, I think people should get over that by now, they might get a few scholarships pulled or something but the NCAA is not going to kill one of it's big boys.

Mecca
01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
The SC forums are chaos at the moment, people trolling, people losing their minds, fun stuff.

Either way I did gather that Kyle Prater spoke with Carroll an still plans to enroll Monday so take that for what it's worth.

dirk digler
01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Good question....I would assume Ken Norton will get an interview just out of courtesy but I really wouldn't have a clue who they'd have on a candidate list.

I never really thought Carroll would leave after passing on the 49ers job but apparently Seattle gave him a blank contract and said, fill in how much money and what control you want.

Everything I have read the only way he would ever leave to the NFL is if he got total control of the football side of an organization.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Well, I see why they fired Jim Mora now. Welcome to Seattle, Pete. The first Alaskan is on me. :toast:

dirk digler
01-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Everyone's favorite GM candidate, Eric DeCosta, has withdrawn his name from the Seahawks GM search.

Mecca
01-08-2010, 09:09 PM
It's kind of funny to read the few fans who want Pete to be gone, I guess they forgot what the program was before him.

Titty Meat
01-08-2010, 09:09 PM

It's late in the recruiting period for a new coach man.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Wow, Jeremy Bates too? And this after Sarkesian and Holt bolted for Seattle last year? Fucking USC North up here in Seattle.

The Huskies revenge!!!!!!

Mecca
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
It's late in the recruiting period for a new coach man.

People flop all the time, if you convince the commits that are there to stay, maybe tack on a few since SC only has 14 you're still sitting pretty.

It'd be funny if SC hired Harbaugh I admit.

Titty Meat
01-08-2010, 09:14 PM
People flop all the time, if you convince the commits that are there to stay, maybe tack on a few since SC only has 14 you're still sitting pretty.

It'd be funny if SC hired Harbaugh I admit.

The new coaches role will to be keep the recruiting class together. Funny you brought up Harbaugh I was saying the same thing. You think they'll go for him? To me Mike Riley is just another Paul Hackett.

rtmike
01-08-2010, 09:15 PM
This certainly can't hurt the Washington Huskies program.

Mecca
01-08-2010, 09:16 PM
I saw a list put together by a supposed insider, Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio are on it since they are SC alums...I don't buy Fisher going to SC with all his NFL time, Del Rio I could buy that one.

dirk digler
Wow, Jeremy Bates too? And this after Sarkesian and Holt bolted for Seattle last year? Fucking USC North up here in Seattle.

The Huskies revenge!!!!!!

Is Bates going to the Bears?

Mecca
Bates is pretty blah, at least that's what I took from his year in college.

Mr. Flopnuts
This certainly can't hurt the Washington Huskies program.

GO DAWGS!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Is Bates going to the Bears?

I just heard a video on ESPN that says Pete is taking him to Seattle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

Spott
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I saw a list put together by a supposed insider, Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio are on it since they are SC alums...I don't buy Fisher going to SC with all his NFL time, Del Rio I could buy that one.

Del Rio would turn the real USC into the other USC(Univ of S. Carolina).

dirk digler
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I just heard a video on ESPN that says Pete is taking him to Seattle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

Interesting thanks. From the article it is not a done deal for Bates. Tough choice for him Cutler or Carroll. :)

FloridaMan88
01-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Charlie Weis vs. Pete Carroll again next season after all.

Mojo Rising
01-08-2010, 10:02 PM
It's kind of funny to read the few fans who want Pete to be gone, I guess they forgot what the program was before him.

I haven't heard of 1 fan here in So Cal who wants Pete gone. Where did you read that? What was their reasoning?

Wa-Z
01-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Even if Carroll did leave to go to Seattle, it's not like USC couldn't get another top coach..

okcchief
01-08-2010, 10:22 PM
He was 27-21 in the pros. Not bad for someone who is considered an NFL bust.

Dave Lane
01-08-2010, 10:30 PM
He was 27-21 in the pros. Not bad for someone who is considered an NFL bust.

Yeah that's the kind of record Herm would scoff at and say that's all ya got??

MMXcalibur
01-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Jesus Christ, I loathe the Rooney Rule. Yeah, I understand the intentions of it, but when no minority candidate wants to interview, then the Seahawks shouldn't be getting fined for this bullshit. Whether you're white, black, green or goddamn polka dot....if you've got a good mind for football, you'll get the call to interview for a head coaching position. Period. In my belief, skin color doesn't have dick to do with anything and I refuse to believe that in this day and age that skin color plays that big of a fucking deal anymore when you are dealing with high end coaching positions. How about we make sure that white running backs get at least 4 carries a game for each team? If not, FINE THOSE BITCHES! Am I wrong here?

....great, now I come off as racist.

HolmeZz
01-08-2010, 10:49 PM
The SC forums are chaos at the moment, people trolling, people losing their minds, fun stuff.

Either way I did gather that Kyle Prater spoke with Carroll an still plans to enroll Monday so take that for what it's worth.

Prater's gone.

They'll probably lose a few more guys too, with UCLA possibly being the biggest beneficiary of the departures.

Titty Meat
01-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Prater's gone.

They'll probably lose a few more guys too, with UCLA possibly being the biggest beneficiary of the departures.

Whered you see that Prater is gone?

Mojo Rising
01-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Jesus Christ, I loathe the Rooney Rule. Yeah, I understand the intentions of it, but when no minority candidate wants to interview, then the Seahawks shouldn't be getting fined for this bullshit. Whether you're white, black, green or goddamn polka dot....if you've got a good mind for football, you'll get the call to interview for a head coaching position. Period. In my belief, skin color doesn't have dick to do with anything and I refuse to believe that in this day and age that skin color plays that big of a ****ing deal anymore when you are dealing with high end coaching positions. How about we make sure that white running backs get at least 4 carries a game for each team? If not, FINE THOSE BITCHES! Am I wrong here?

Dane called me a racist for being anti-Barry Bonds in the Hall. He will have you in the KKK for these remarks.

LaChapelle
01-08-2010, 10:58 PM
The forums are chaos at the moment, people trolling, people losing their minds, fun stuff.

I see sigs

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I will say this much, the last time the Seahawks hired a high profile college coach, it was an abortion.

TigerPig
01-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Jesus Christ, I loathe the Rooney Rule. Yeah, I understand the intentions of it, but when no minority candidate wants to interview, then the Seahawks shouldn't be getting fined for this bullshit. Whether you're white, black, green or goddamn polka dot....if you've got a good mind for football, you'll get the call to interview for a head coaching position. Period. In my belief, skin color doesn't have dick to do with anything and I refuse to believe that in this day and age that skin color plays that big of a ****ing deal anymore when you are dealing with high end coaching positions. How about we make sure that white running backs get at least 4 carries a game for each team? If not, FINE THOSE BITCHES! Am I wrong here?

That's it, I'm calling the NAACP and getting this board shut DOWN! ROFL

88TG88
01-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Prater's gone.

o rly

RustShack
01-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Bye coach, bye great recruiting class, bye winning. I wonder where he goes in a few years after he flames out in the NFL? Florida?

Deberg_1990
01-09-2010, 01:53 AM

Paul Hackett is available....

RustShack
01-09-2010, 01:56 AM

Maybe Carrol and Mora will do the old switcharoo

SCTrojan
01-09-2010, 06:03 AM

I will find you if this happens. :cuss: ROFL

This situation feels different than all the others. I don't want Pete gone, but I think he will leave this time. Tough time for USC recruting, but I'm sure they'll get someone in place quickly when it goes down.

SCTrojan
01-09-2010, 06:05 AM

I'm staying off those boards for now. Too much drama.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Now that the coach is gone, the NCAA will come down on U$C. That is generally the way it works.

okcchief
01-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I will say this much, the last time the Seahawks hired a high profile college coach, it was an abortion.

A Superbowl appearance and multiple playoff appearances is an abortion?

How do you remain a Chiefs fan with these lofty expectations? LOL

Pioli Zombie
01-09-2010, 10:14 AM
There is no possible logical reason why Pete Carroll, who has it made for life at USC, would do this to himself. He already did the NFL thing, where I personally feel he got a raw deal from the fans and media in New England (2 playoffs berths, the second with Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, and Ted Johnson out with injuries and saddled with Bobby Grier, the worst GM in history). Unless he has a Rick Pitino complex I don't get it. Pete, stay put. Enjoy what you have earned.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
They're not going to get any major sanctions, I think people should get over that by now, they might get a few scholarships pulled or something but the NCAA is not going to kill one of it's big boys.

I disagree. Sincerely, Kentucky Basketball.

The Bad Guy
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Now that the coach is gone, the NCAA will come down on U$C. That is generally the way it works.

Not according to all knowing Mecca. They would never come down on a major college program. What an arrogant fucking attitude that is.

The NCAA came down on Kentucky basketball, which is a far bigger sports institution than US freaking C.

KCChiefsMan
01-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I really hope that USC makes a terrible decision for their next HC. But most likely they will have the cream of the crop standing in line for this job.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-09-2010, 04:32 PM
A Superbowl appearance and multiple playoff appearances is an abortion?

How do you remain a Chiefs fan with these lofty expectations? LOL

Dennis Erickson took the Hawks to a Super Bowl and multiple playoff appearances? Where the fuck was I?

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Not according to all knowing Mecca. They would never come down on a major college program. What an arrogant ****ing attitude that is.

The NCAA came down on Kentucky basketball, which is a far bigger sports institution than US freaking C.

Frank, that was a long time ago. The NCAA has realized how easy it is to really punish the non revenue sports. They hammer track squads. It's such a money machine that operates with no oversight.

Seriously the NCAA doesn't answer to anybody. Recently I went back and read James Micheners Sports in America. Put it on your list. It details the the 1966 NCAA championship of UTEP (Texas Western).
It's looked upon by the NCAA as a watershed moment for the NCAA and they use at as way for the NCAA to be looked upon a virtuous organization.

In reality: I took this right out out of my book: “The blacks had been imported from New York and had been treated as poorly paid gladiators, and of the seven black champions, none had graduated. They had no social privileges, were threatened with loss of their scholarships if they dated white or Mexican girls – there were no black girls – and were discriminated against in every particular.”

He went on to say that the El Paso story is one of the most wretched in the history of sports. But it's looked upon as some great victory for the NCAA.