PDA

View Full Version : Football Donte Stallworth 30 days away from reinstatement

T-post Tom
01-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Browns may try to trade him. His contract for next season is only $1.5M. Question: Do you trade a late round pick for someone that's been convicted of DUI manslaughter? Big picture, I wouldn't want to be the GM/coach that brings the risk to the community. Not worth it, IMHO.

FD
01-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Browns may try to trade him. His contract for next season is only $1.5M. Question: Do you trade a late round pick for someone that's been convicted of DUI manslaughter?

NO

Thig Lyfe
01-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Look where avoiding drunk drivers has gotten us now.

Buck
01-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Isn't he a New England guy?

-King-
01-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Browns may try to trade him. His contract for next season is only $1.5M. Question: Do you trade a late round pick for someone that's been convicted of DUI manslaughter?

I wouldn't give up any picks for him, but if the Browns released him, I wouldn't mind having him.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2010, 02:09 AM
I wouldn't trade anyone for him, but if he becomes a FA he is worth a look. He still had his best year as an eagle

BossChief
01-09-2010, 02:11 AM
why? he is a deep threat...

Taco John
01-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Look where avoiding drunk drivers has gotten us now.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
01-09-2010, 02:17 AM
Fuck. This guy is in no way going to be able to just step back on the field and produce. How old is he now? I wouldn't give shit up for him, and I'm not sure I'd bring him in if he begged for the uniform. Couldn't hurt to look if there's no cost I guess..............

Hootie
01-09-2010, 04:10 AM
I'm take him in a second...

kcxiv
01-09-2010, 04:37 AM
He just turned 29. He's not to old yet.

Chris Meck
01-09-2010, 04:57 AM
there's not a single one of you that hasn't gotten behind the wheel after two beers. TWO. His BAC was like BARELY over the limit. And the guy he hit was completely wasted and just wandering into traffic. This was a tragic accident, he's not a monster or reprehensible person here.

Tragic accident. Guy had a couple of beers, and hit a pedestrian who was completely wasted. Could happen on the Plaza any night of the week to any one of you.

Yeah, I'd take the guy. In a heartbeat. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's got no history of problems.

BossChief
01-09-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm take him in a second...

Why doesn't this doesn't surprise me...?

At the end of the day, the guy was over the limit and if he wasn't he probably doesn't kill the guy.

joemama
01-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Should be 30 years away.

MahiMike
01-09-2010, 07:20 AM
there's not a single one of you that hasn't gotten behind the wheel after two beers. TWO. His BAC was like BARELY over the limit. And the guy he hit was completely wasted and just wandering into traffic. This was a tragic accident, he's not a monster or reprehensible person here.

Tragic accident. Guy had a couple of beers, and hit a pedestrian who was completely wasted. Could happen on the Plaza any night of the week to any one of you.

Yeah, I'd take the guy. In a heartbeat. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's got no history of problems.

Dude, he was STONED at 6:00 in the morning.

Chiefaholic
01-09-2010, 07:23 AM
We traded away arguably the best pass rusher in the league because of the potential to do what Stallworth has already done. I'de rather take Damian Williams with the pick acquired from the Gonzo trade and have the potential of a legit #1 WR with Bowe and Chambers to spread out defenses for JC.

Ralphy Boy
01-09-2010, 08:35 AM

Not exactly correct, it happened at 7:15 in the morning and Stallworth was in the NFL's substance abuse program before it happened. The guy he hit wasn't drunk but he wasn't in a crosswalk either, as he was running to try and catch a bus after he got done working the night shift. Since Stallworth was drunk at 7:15AM, it means he was probably still drunk from the night before. Where was he before that and how long had he been behind a wheel before he hit this guy?

Stallworth has missed just 1 season, basically the equivalent of a torn ACL. He was with the Patriots for 1 season (2007) and it was on McDaniels watch. If the Browncows lose Marshall I could see them making a play for him and I'd much rather have him here than there.

crossbow
01-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Paoli needs to save his draft picks so he can trade for offensive line talent from Miami :rolleyes:

Marco Polo
01-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Paoli needs to save his draft picks so he can trade for offensive line talent from Miami :rolleyes:

And he also got a heck of a deal for Thigpen. So basically it was Thigpen for the OL from Miami. I swear people just have an agenda on a guy who has been here for one year. Give him a couple of years.

oldandslow
01-09-2010, 09:03 AM
there's not a single one of you that hasn't gotten behind the wheel after two beers. TWO.

This is NOT true...I have never sat behind the wheel after drinking. Course I have never drank either....

DumbHillbillies
01-09-2010, 09:14 AM

Everyone is a saint and passes judgement on others as long as they have not been caught.

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't want him, but I could care less about the DUI charge. These days in the NFL, I only worry when there's a pattern of this stuff happening. If you make a mistake once or twice, I can handle it if they learn from their mistakes.

Might not be a bad guy to put in the slot. Chambers/Bowe/Stollworth would be pretty solid. But I'd rather have a young receiver in that rotation.