PDA

View Full Version : News Ok, lets move to Sacramento...or...It's 420 time !!!

Over-Head
01-12-2010, 06:02 PM
(sorry if re-post)

Assembly committee OKs recreational marijuana PBJ PBJ PBJ

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/01/12/BA191BH4AR.DTL&tsp=1

(01-12) 11:09 PST Sacramento - --
A bill to legalize adult recreational use of marijuana - and allow the drug to be sold and taxed in California - cleared a key hurdle this morning,

as the Assembly Public Safety Committee voted 4-3 to move it to the next step in the debate. But a Friday legislative deadline could mean the legislation will die before making it to the Assembly floor.

Members of the committee who approved the bill are all from the Bay Area and said they did not necessarily support the plan but wanted debate on the state's marijuana policy to continue.

After the vote, Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco, who sponsored the bill and chairs the committee, said "the conversation is definitely gaining traction in Sacramento."

"This is a significant vote today because it legitimizes the quest for debate, the quest for discussion. There was a time when the 'm' word never would have been brought up in Sacramento," Ammiano said.

The bill, AB390, would allow possession, sale and cultivation of marijuana for people over 21, and impose a $50-an-ounce sales tax on marijuana, much like taxes on tobacco and alcohol.
The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control would be tasked with regulation.

San Mateo Police Chief Susan Manheimer, who is acting president of the California Police Chiefs Association, said she was "disappointed" by the committee's action.

"I think we need to have the full dialogue in debunking the myths," she said, predicting the social costs would outweigh any tax gains.
While the bill moved out of committee, Ammiano would need special permission to have it heard in the health committee before a Friday deadline for this piece of legislation. It would have to pass out of that committee before it would be heard by the full Assembly.

The vote in Sacramento comes as state lawmakers in New Jersey on Monday made that state one of the few on the East Coast to approve medicinal marijuana use. Up north in Olympia, the Washington State Legislature will consider two bills tomorrow to remove state criminal penalties associated with marijuana.

LIGHT EM UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :bong:

The Franchise
01-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm already here.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 06:08 PM
OMG I had no idea they were doing this in Washington state. Dear God, allow this ridiculousness to stop in my backyard. Please?

Over-Head
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm already here. It's not too damn often I evney someone :huh:

aturnis
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm already here.

Lucky.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 06:10 PM
It's not too damn often I evney someone :huh:

You don't have to worry about it in Canada do you? Shit when I go up to Vancouver I can hit Hastings street and just ask anyone.

"Oh yeah eh? Go down to 2116 and go up the stairs to the 2nd floor. They'll take care of you."

I fucking love that place.

TigerPig
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
The biggest problem is going to be with driving. Lets say someone is a responsible smoker and only stays at home while sparking it. This guy gets into an accident three days later and the police suspect he is high. They do a blood test, and guess what?

How can you tell if a person is under the influence of weed while driving and when they aren't? There's no breathalyzer, and cops discretion is a joke nowadays.

Over-Head
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
You don't have to worry about it in Canada do you? Shit when I go up to Vancouver I can hit Hastings street and just ask anyone.

"Oh yeah eh? Go down to 2116 and go up the stairs to the 2nd floor. They'll take care of you."

I ****ing love that place.
Hongcouver/mini Toyko (old trucker nicknames) is the Bud captol of Canada, here on the east coast, it's like gold to buy, and don't get caught.
But then again the east has always been 10 yers bhind the left coast

Over-Head
01-12-2010, 06:14 PM
The biggest problem is going to be with driving. Lets say someone is a responsible smoker and only stays at home while sparking it. This guy gets into an accident three days later and the police suspect he is high. They do a blood test, and guess what?

How can you tell if a person is under the influence of weed while driving and when they aren't? There's no breathalyzer, and cops discretion is a joke nowadays.
I'm sure if they can put a toy car on Marz, land a rocket on a moving astroide, or cure(control PMS) they can come up with something other than, "Sir, you seem to have the munchies, your under arrest!!"

TigerPig
01-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm sure if they can put a toy car on Marz, land a rocket on a moving astroide, or cure(control PMS) they can come up with something other than, "Sir, you seem to have the munchies, your under arrest!!"

The question is whether or not they WANT to. :)

I think anyone should be able to smoke weed. But I just don't trust cops or law enforcement.

Pablo
01-12-2010, 06:20 PM
It's really too bad that most people who try illegal drugs like weed end up blowing truckers for heroin within a month.

Sacramento is going to be the trucking hub of America by mid-summer.

|Zach|
01-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Weed is more overrated that Entourage.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Hongcouver/mini Toyko (old trucker nicknames) is the Bud captol of Canada, here on the east coast, it's like gold to buy, and don't get caught.
But then again the east has always been 10 yers bhind the left coast

That sucks dude. They put people in jail for it huh? I thought Canada was more progressive than the United States when it came to drugs.

OnTheWarpath15
01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
That sucks dude. They put people in jail for it huh? I thought Canada was more progressive than the United States when it came to drugs.

They are. At least, BC is.

Read the book Bud, INC if you can find it. Vancouver Sun investigative reporter Ian Mulgrew is the author.

Excellent read on the BC Bud trade.

TigerPig
01-12-2010, 09:08 PM

I am a lot like Vinny on Entourage. I have the same attitude and stuff, only I don't really look like him (blonde with straighter hair), and I'm not famous.

I spent a year of that show trying to figure out how Vince got laid all of the time. Then it occurred to me that a) this is a TV show and they can write what they want, and b) women will f*ck anything as long as its famous.

88TG88
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 09:12 PM

Read the book Bud, INC if you can find it. Vancouver Sun investigative reporter Ian Mulgrew is the author.

Yeah, Vancouver is a great place to get stoned. I've smoked in head shops, walking down the street, etc.

teedubya
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM

0 for 2 on that one.

OnTheWarpath15
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, Vancouver is a great place to get stoned. I've smoked in head shops, walking down the street, etc.

Probably my favorite city, and I don't even smoke.

I'd love to be in Whistler next month for the Winter Olympics.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Probably my favorite city, and I don't even smoke.

I'd love to be in Whistler next month for the Winter Olympics.

I love driving up there. It's been a pain in the ass lately, but still well worth it. It's got a lot of different flavors, and cultures.

We'll get some spill over I'm sure. I'd love to go up and see an event or four though. That would be a blast.

Over-Head
01-14-2010, 01:29 AM

Exactly, BC is the Left coast, over here on the east, it's like a Nazi control party, thats 10 years behind the rest of the mainland

Over-Head
01-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Some places yes, some no way.

Canada's West Coast look at life (Any place west of Montreal)
In Toronto one night, crusing with a friend, we get pulled over, cop says "got any?" My pal pulls out a half bag, cop says "drop it" he does it, hits the street, cops says "head for Brampton (next subburb city a few clicks away) for the rest of the night", we drive away, so does he (10 mins later circled the block for the bag), scared shitless, but no big deal

Canada's East Coast look at life (Any place East of Montreal)
Last week a guy I used to work with got popped for having a joint in his car, (stuned shit rolled one and left it on the dash while he smoked the other one) got nailed for

-Care and controll of vehicle (keys were in the ignition)
-attempted DUI ????? (I thiought you either were or wern't??)
- Posesion of a controlled substance.
$1800.00 in tickets for having a dime, well that and being stupid about where he lit up.
But I think you can see the point i'm making.

Depending on the demographic and population denesity you get different reactions at least that was my opnion from trucking coast to cast for 13 years.
Here in NL with our economy booming, people moving here for the abundance of work we have from our natural resources, it's changing quickly.

CrazyPhuD
01-14-2010, 02:39 AM

LOL my friend got deported from Canada because he was trying to buy up in whistler. The dude was seriously NOT subtle about it. It was hilarious because they just told him to leave the country that night but didn't take him to the airport. So he just chilled the remaining 3 days and left as planned. Dude trys to come into the country a year or two later and gets denied entry at the airport. ROFL

SLAG
01-14-2010, 02:40 AM
soup to nuts its the cats ass