PDA

View Full Version : Life My pants have a name tag.

Rain Man
01-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I just noticed it. It's about the third time I've worn them, and I saw it when I was changing after work.

Should I fill it out? I'm trying to figure out what type of situation I could end up in where I would need a name tag to identify my pants. Has anyone else been in such a situation?

It seems to me that, first of all, I'd have to be in a situation where my pants are off, and I have very few of those outside my home. Second, it seems like it would have to be a situation where I'm trying to find my pants in a group of other pants, or a situation where there's some sort of conflict about who owns the pants. Can someone give me an example?

And even more perplexing is the rest of the tag. It's got two lines, and the first line asks for my name. The second line asks for the date.

The date? Why would I need to put a date on my pants? (Calendar date, not girl date. That one, I would understand.) Are these pants meant for a person who rotates his pants out after a year or two? Is it some kind of proof of purchase? If the pants are worn out, it seems like I'd know it from the material rather than the date.

DaFace
01-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Maybe it's like a dog tag for drunk college students or something. When you find them passed out in your yard, you can help them find their way home.

Gonzo
01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
You could write Ditka on them. That would make them awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
When I read this thread title the Oscar Meyer song immediately came into my head. I thought I was going to open this up and see; "It's K-E-V-I-N!" I was disappointed.

RippedmyFlesh
01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Prob supposed to be used by some sort of inspector. Signing your pants doesn't seem logical.

Christofire
01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
That's my dream: To find a restaurant or club where you have to check your pants at the door. Darn tootin' you'll be glad you wrote your name in 'em.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
01-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Suppose you're in bed with a married woman and her husband comes home and the woman hands you your clothes and sends you out the window but she forgets your pants? And suppose her husband looks like Mr. T and he's in the mob and he finds your pants and your name and address are right there inside them and then him and George the Animal Steele come to your house and murderize you?

Absolutely, under no circumstances, should you fill out that name tag.

Gonzo
01-12-2010, 10:11 PM
That's my dream: To find a restaurant or club where you have to check your pants at the door. Darn tootin' you'll be glad you wrote your name in 'em.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Darn tootin" is a highly underused phrase IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
01-12-2010, 10:33 PM
"Darn tootin" is a highly underused phrase IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Especially as it relates to pants.

Kyle DeLexus
01-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Those are swinger/orgy pants

Slayer Diablo
01-13-2010, 01:07 AM
So suppose you have an evil twin who goes by a different name and wears the same size pants. He comes into the house, plays Kevin, and runs. Probably for the sake of being naked while he acts like you, he strips, but he hears a car outside before even thinking about his clothes. Your evil twin quickly puts his clothes back on, but there's one problem: He grabs the wrong pants! Now, it's possible that he wrote "Kevin" on the tag just in case this situation occurred, but you have a additional way of knowing they're yours: the date. There's only a snowball's chance in hell that he could've gotten the date correct.

RustShack
01-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Where do you work?

ChiefJustice
01-13-2010, 01:17 AM
It's cheaper than implanting a chip into your head while you sleep.

01-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Wait, I wonder how much extra you actually paid for that name tag to even be there.

ChiefJustice
01-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Wait, I wonder how much extra you actually paid for that name tag to even be there.

They are proly apricot colored jeans.

Inspector
01-13-2010, 07:33 AM
My baloney has a first name.

Warrior5
01-13-2010, 08:05 AM
If you plan to visit any bars with buckinkaeding, you should probably fill it out.

Sofa King
01-13-2010, 08:11 AM
perhaps you should stop shopping at little kids' clothing stores...

kepp
01-13-2010, 08:21 AM
If only your bike had one...

patteeu
01-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Those are pants specially made for people who have to go through airport security checks once the new regulations come out. You might want to write your name in your underwear too if you don't have the kind with name tags yet.

Iowanian
01-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I think you should write "Sean Connery" in them. If someone notices, you can say "Ssccsuck it, trebec"

Slayer Diablo
01-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Those are pants specially made for people who have to go through airport security checks once the new regulations come out. You might want to write your name in your underwear too if you don't have the kind with name tags yet.

I can just see the headline about a stupid terrorist that tried to get through by smuggling explosives up their ass.

gblowfish
01-13-2010, 10:18 AM
"My pants have a name tag...
It' O-S-C-A-R..."

kepp
01-13-2010, 10:18 AM
I can just see the headline about a stupid terrorist that tried to get through by smuggling explosives up their ass.

You just know they're bound to try it.

Slayer Diablo
01-13-2010, 10:21 AM
You just know they're bound to try it.

Probably won't damage the plane, but that'll be be one hell of a thing to clean up.

JohninGpt
01-13-2010, 10:23 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/pink_hello_my_name_is_name_sticker-p217234312420578181tdcj_525.jpg

Just inside the fly.

Hydrae
01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Suppose you're in bed with a married woman and her husband comes home and the woman hands you your clothes and sends you out the window but she forgets your pants? And suppose her husband looks like Mr. T and he's in the mob and he finds your pants and your name and address are right there inside them and then him and George the Animal Steele come to your house and murderize you?

Absolutely, under no circumstances, should you fill out that name tag.

See, that is when you put someone else's name in there. That way the murderized guy isn't yourself! :)

Mama Hip Rockets
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
I just noticed it. It's about the third time I've worn them, and I saw it when I was changing after work.

Should I fill it out? I'm trying to figure out what type of situation I could end up in where I would need a name tag to identify my pants. Has anyone else been in such a situation?

It seems to me that, first of all, I'd have to be in a situation where my pants are off, and I have very few of those outside my home. Second, it seems like it would have to be a situation where I'm trying to find my pants in a group of other pants, or a situation where there's some sort of conflict about who owns the pants. Can someone give me an example?

And even more perplexing is the rest of the tag. It's got two lines, and the first line asks for my name. The second line asks for the date.

The date? Why would I need to put a date on my pants? (Calendar date, not girl date. That one, I would understand.) Are these pants meant for a person who rotates his pants out after a year or two? Is it some kind of proof of purchase? If the pants are worn out, it seems like I'd know it from the material rather than the date.

ROFLROFLROFL