PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet If your rep is negative and you neg rep someone then

googlegoogle
01-14-2010, 12:46 AM
does that give them positive rep?

Someone clear this up.

KCrockaholic
01-14-2010, 12:47 AM
LMAO

Frazod
01-14-2010, 12:48 AM
If you have no or negative rep, your rep comment shows up but has no effect on the recipient's score one way or another.

RippedmyFlesh
01-14-2010, 12:51 AM
If you have no or negative rep, your rep comment shows up but has no effect on the recipient's score one way or another.
Kind of like shooting blanks.

TigerPig
01-14-2010, 12:51 AM
The enemy of your enemy is your friend. It should be positive: simple mathematics...

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 12:53 AM
The enemy of your enemy is your friend. It should be positive: simple mathematics...

How can you have 600 posts in ten days?

Earthling
01-14-2010, 12:54 AM

Someone clear this up.

Thats a negative.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Thats a negative.

Wrong

Earthling
01-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Wrong as in negative?

Earthling
01-14-2010, 12:57 AM
A double negative then. :D

TigerPig
01-14-2010, 12:59 AM
How can you have 600 posts in ten days?

I'm cool like that.

Don't worry, I usually go through phases. I'll probably stay on here for another few weeks, and then totally throttle down and come back once in a while.

You won't have to put up with me forever at this rate, lol.

Plus, I seriously make a post about once ever 45 seconds. I'm the textbook postwhore.

Easy 6
01-14-2010, 01:02 AM
In myyy day, :skip:, even the mere mention of the word 'REP' was met with hoots & whistles from the peanut gallery & scorn from the Big Wigs...

Uphill 5 miles to school, uphill 5 home.

Frazod
01-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Kind of like shooting blanks.

Exactly.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 01:04 AM
In myyy day, :skip:, even the mere mention of the word 'REP' was met with hoots & whistles from the peanut gallery & scorn from the Big Wigs...

Exactamundo.

Personally, the rep whoring makes me sick.

:Lin:

Thig Lyfe
01-14-2010, 01:06 AM

Someone clear this up.

It should. Pissing off somebody with neg rep should be a badge of honor.

Thig Lyfe
01-14-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm cool like that.

Don't worry, I usually go through phases. I'll probably stay on here for another few weeks, and then totally throttle down and come back once in a while.

You won't have to put up with me forever at this rate, lol.

Plus, I seriously make a post about once ever 45 seconds. I'm the textbook postwhore.

What sound does a lion make?

TigerPig
01-14-2010, 01:17 AM

:spock:

BossChief
01-14-2010, 01:34 AM
ru kidding? you asked this question in one of the rep threads I read earlier and shortly after your post was the answer.

Now you start a new thread about it?

Nobody has to sit back and ponder the reason of why a guy like you has a few red bars next to his name.

Might as well turn it back off, you are married to those things.

Buck
01-14-2010, 01:37 AM

My thoughts exactly.

TigerPig
01-14-2010, 01:44 AM
My thoughts exactly.

I'm not following you, but whatever.

I'm just having fun. I think we all are, hopefully.

googlegoogle
01-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Wrong

Quit spouting lies. :cuss:

Buck
01-14-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm not following you, but whatever.

I'm just having fun. I think we all are, hopefully.

We think you are a former poster.

Bugeater
01-14-2010, 02:32 AM
I think he is too, but not the one you're thinking of.

TigerPig
01-14-2010, 02:33 AM

Oh. Okay.

Buck
01-14-2010, 03:02 AM
I think he is too, but not the one you're thinking of.

Not DCS?

You think its Lin Elliot?

Redrum_69
01-14-2010, 03:03 AM

Someone clear this up.

I f*cked your mom and your mom won

SLAG
01-14-2010, 03:09 AM
I f*cked your mom and your mom won

is that sung to the tune of "I fought the Law and the Law won" ?

Smed1065
01-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Exactamundo.

Not here much but did you mot say "berry" someone. Like 2 months ago For rep?

big nasty kcnut
01-14-2010, 03:35 AM
if neg rep someone with neg rep the universe collapse onto itself.

rad
01-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Not DCS?

You think its the kicker that shall go unnamed?

RoR/DCS= Sweet Dick Willy

Tigerpig= ????

Earthling
01-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Exactamundo.

What exactly is rep whoring? Something one does for themseloves or something that is done to someone else? Not sure how that would work either way...

KCbroncoHATER
01-14-2010, 08:10 AM
I get negative rep everyday from the same posters.

I don't understand what it is or does and no one will explain it to me.

Gadzooks
01-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I once got positive rep from a poster with negative rep and it looked like this:

I guess purple means indifferent.

dtebbe
01-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Just think of the rep bar as a douchemeter.

DT

Simply Red
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Oh. Okay.

Cochise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST IN!!! come here hunny!~

Time's Yours
01-14-2010, 10:46 AM

On more practical forums, such as automotive or exercise, it would tell a member to take your advice with a grain of salt because you're often wrong or at least not very knowledgeable.

Here on chiefsplanet, it just lets members know that most people don't like you.

Frazod
01-14-2010, 10:51 AM
On more practical forums, such as automotive or exercise, it would tell a member to take your advice with a grain of salt because you're often wrong or at least not very knowledgeable.

Here on chiefsplanet, it just lets members know that most people don't like you.

To be fair, it doesn't necessarily mean "most," although it certainly can.

Sometimes, it just means one or two well-established assholes who have nothing better to do have neg-repped somebody over and over again.

Happens to the best of us sometimes. :)

KCbroncoHATER
01-14-2010, 11:18 AM
So if you have all green that means that everyone agrees with you on your takes.

Sounds like a sheep herd mentality to me.

No disrespect intended.

Jilly
01-14-2010, 11:19 AM
I like TigerPig, he makes me laugh.

KCbroncoHATER
01-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Sometimes, it just means one or two well-established assholes who have nothing better to do have neg-repped somebody over and over again.

Mr. Flopnuts has hit me a dozens times or so.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 11:23 AM

And you're the only one in the history of my time here. Who's the asshole?

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
This is hilarious

LMAO

I'll tell you all how this came about: googlegoogle decided in the couple of weeks to rep bomb me daily. More than 60 negative reps on a variety of topics - just at random. At that time, he was "Green", meaning his his neg reps decreased my point total each and every time.

I sent him a few notes and warned him I'd send him to the "Red Zone". He didn't listen and continued to rep bomb me. So, I in turn decided to rep bomb him back. I kept warning him that I'd send him into the Red Zone and after just a few days, it happened.

Since then, he's been continuing to rep bomb me but what he doesn't seem to understand is that he's now increasing my rep total. He doesn't believe me and can't seem to get a confirmation.

But I can confirm without a doubt that he is indeed adding to my total.

This is so juvenile.

LMAO

Norman Einstein
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM

The same sound the Chiefs make: "There's always next year"

doomy3
01-14-2010, 11:29 AM
This is hilarious

LMAO

I'll tell you all how this came about: googlegoogle decided in the couple of weeks to rep bomb me daily. More than 60 negative reps on a variety of topics - just at random. At that time, he was "Green", meaning his his neg reps decreased my point total each and every time.

I sent him a few notes and warned him I'd send him to the "Red Zone". He didn't listen and continued to rep bomb me. So, I in turn decided to rep bomb him back. I kept warning him that I'd send him into the Red Zone and after just a few days, it happened.

Since then, he's been continuing to rep bomb me but what he doesn't seem to understand is that he's now increasing my rep total. He doesn't believe me and can't seem to get a confirmation.

This is so juvenile.

LMAO

Well, at least you know that.

Simply Red
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM

umm, here's some news, Flopnuts doesn't neg hardly at all. You must really suck.

KCwolf
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM
This is hilarious

LMAO

This is so juvenile.

LMAO

So if someone disagrees with you - you'll put them in the red zone. Been here awhile and have received neg rep from 2 people - and you accomplished your mission. Congrats to you.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
umm, here's some news, Flopnuts doesn't neg hardly at all. You must really suck.

Thanks buddy. I'm not a dick to hardly anyone around here. Part of living out of market is respecting the fact that I'm surrounded by like minded NFL fans. I've never had that luxury before Chiefsplanet.

Rep is dumb. But if someone is going to go out of their way to be an asshole to everyone that steps in their crosshairs I'm going to do my part to make sure people know that in advance.

I'm also the first person to help them get a fresh start around here too. Okay, the 2nd. SR is the first. He's benevolent like that. :D

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks buddy. I'm not a dick to hardly anyone around here. Part of living out of market is respecting the fact that I'm surrounded by like minded NFL fans. I've never had that luxury before Chiefsplanet.

Rep is dumb. But if someone is going to go out of their way to be an asshole to everyone that steps in their crosshairs I'm going to do my part to make sure people know that in advance.

I'm also the first person to let help them get a fresh start around here too. Okay, the 2nd. SR is the first. He's benevolent like that. :D

Pretty similar viewpoint here.

I've been here 4 years, and have yet to neg rep anyone. I'd just figure if I have something to say, to get it out in public. I'd rather have a discussion about it than hit-and-run someone.

And I'm with you - if I see a n00b make an effort, then I'm absolutely hitting him with some positive rep.

Brock
01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
So if someone disagrees with you - you'll put them in the red zone. Been here awhile and have received neg rep from 2 people - and you accomplished your mission. Congrats to you.

As long as by "disagree", you mean "send cowardly neg rep messages over and over again", then yes, you are correct.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Pretty similar viewpoint here.

I've been here 4 years, and have yet to neg rep anyone. I'd just figure if I have something to say, to get it out in public. I'd rather have a discussion about it than hit-and-run someone.

And I'm with you - if I see a n00b make an effort, then I'm absolutely hitting him with some positive rep.

The only thing I like about rep is the funny comments it brings. The Ron Jeremy Rep Stick is a joke, that some folks have found entertaining. We could disable the points, and disable the bars and it doesn't matter. The comments are the most entertaining part of it. That, and I appreciate the smiley faces when someone finds something I've said amusing. I try to bring some value to the site and I appreciate the confirmation from people.

Jilly
01-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I've gotten like maybe one neg rep my whole time here so far (thanks Luv, glad we're friends now). Remarkably everyone is very kind to me. I've given only one neg rep as well.....and obviously that was to the person who neg repped me.

Frazod
01-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Yeah, pretty much. The suck must be strong with anybody who's aroused Flopnuts' eternal ire.

Frazod
01-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Personally, I don't give out much negative rep anymore. Frankly, I don't want to be lumped in with or compared to some of the lifeless idiots here who think their rep can change the world. :rolleyes: Every now and then I'll blast somebody, but I probably give at least 25 positives for every negative.

Too bad there's no way to track rep you've given out.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 11:50 AM

Um, you didn't disagree with me. You said "Your stupid and I can't take it anymore".

So, there you have it.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Personally, I don't give out much negative rep anymore. Frankly, I don't want to be lumped in with or compared to some of the lifeless idiots here who think their rep can change the world. :rolleyes: Every now and then I'll blast somebody, but I probably give at least 25 positives for every negative.

Same. I even gave the dude I blasted some positive rep to make it clear that I'd rather they be a productive, valuable member of the site rather than go back to lurking and just thinking we're all assholes. Doling out neg rep on CP all day is a miserable existence.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
The only thing I like about rep is the funny comments it brings. The Ron Jeremy Rep Stick is a joke, that some folks have found entertaining. We could disable the points, and disable the bars and it doesn't matter. The comments are the most entertaining part of it. That, and I appreciate the smiley faces when someone finds something I've said amusing. I try to bring some value to the site and I appreciate the confirmation from people.

Yeah, the points are overrated, yet at the same time, it does give some barometer of who contributes, and who people seem to trust/enjoy.

The comments are far and away the best part of the system, I agree.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 11:52 AM

I'm with you. I rarely give it neg rep and it's only when I'm attacked via rep and not the forum.

In googlegoogle's case, I have no idea why he's gone a crusade to neg rep me. Most of his neg comments are entertaining, so it's some kind of game for him.

Mr. Flopnuts
I'm with you. I rarely give it neg rep and it's only when I'm attacked via rep and not the forum.

In googlegoogle's case, I have no idea why he's gone a crusade to neg rep me. Most of his neg comments are entertaining, so it's some kind of game for him.

I was wondering why he kept giving me positive rep. Heh, now I know. :D

DaneMcCloud
Yeah, the points are overrated, yet at the same time, it does give some barometer of who contributes, and who people seem to trust/enjoy.

Questo.

Rep whoring or rep bombing is lame, IMHO.

No offense to all of those that participate.

Slayer Diablo
01-14-2010, 11:53 AM
It should. Pissing off somebody with neg rep should be a badge of honor.

That's usually what the Hall of Classics is for, but yeah, pissing them off that much should totally boost your own rep.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I was wondering why he kept giving me positive rep. Heh, now I know. :D

LMAO

I keep telling him that it's coming across as positive rep but he just won't believe me.

LMAO

Inspector

And that was in waist deep snow.

Year round!

Jilly

you're welcome :D

Frazod
Same. I even gave the dude I blasted some positive rep to make it clear that I'd rather they be a productive, valuable member of the site rather than go back to lurking and just thinking we're all assholes. Doling out neg rep on CP all day is a miserable existence.

I've actually went on a couple of rep-restoring missions. Dottefan was getting hammered by everybody I kept giving him positive rep just to be a contrarian asshole. :evil:

It's actually easier to do that because positive rep has double the point value of negative rep.

Mr. Flopnuts
Questo.

Rep whoring or rep bombing is lame, IMHO.

No offense to all of those that participate.

I used to jump in the rep whoring threads. It was entertaining at the time. I haven't seen much of it lately because it got boring. But it's the sole reason I'm as high up the ladder as I am.

I definitely feel like I'm a valuable member of the board, but it's ridiculous to think guys that have been here almost an entire decade are below me. And that is the flaw of the rep system. It really just got started 2 years ago and everyone who was here before that are misrepresented by it.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I've actually went on a couple of rep-restoring missions. Dottefan was getting hammered by everybody I kept giving him positive rep just to be a contrarian asshole. :evil:

It's actually easier to do that because positive rep has double the point value of negative rep.

Hah! Dottefan was someone I was pulling back to green too. That's funny. Chiefbowe82 was another, but he started back up on his Bugeater rants, so I gave up.

Frazod

One thing I will do is answer negative rep for negative rep. It always amuses me how much that surprises and annoys people.

OnTheWarpath15
you're welcome :D

It's about to drop off my rep page.

:(

Frazod
01-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Hah! Dottefan was someone I was pulling back to green too. That's funny. Chiefbowe82 was another, but he started back up on his Bugeater rants, so I gave up.

That moron has neg-repped me more than anyone else lately. For a long time I had him on ignore, so I couldn't see them.

As it stands right now, I have four negative reps, two are from him. There are also some grays from him, so I can't tell if they were positive or negative.

Jilly
01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
It's about to drop off my rep page.

:(

hmmm...I'll have to pay more attention and find something worthy of repping you for then.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I used to jump in the rep whoring threads. It was entertaining at the time. I haven't seen much of it lately because it got boring. But it's the sole reason I'm as high up the ladder as I am.

I definitely feel like I'm a valuable member of the board, but it's ridiculous to think guys that have been here almost an entire decade are below me. And that is the flaw of the rep system. It really just got started 2 years ago and everyone who was here before that are misrepresented by it.

I didn't mean for my post to be insulting, it's just my point of view.

I'm glad y'all have fun in there!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I didn't mean for my post to be insulting, it's just my point of view.

I'm glad y'all have fun in there!

I wasn't offended. But it should be obvious that I participated for me to be as high up the rep ladder as I am. I'm just clarifying for anyone that doesn't know that I don't think I'm special around here. There are a lot of egos on CP. Just not from this guy.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
I wasn't offended. But it should be obvious that I participated for me to be as high up the rep ladder as I am. I'm just clarifying for anyone that doesn't know that I don't think I'm special around here. There are a lot of egos on CP. Just not from this guy.

You saying I've got a big ego?

LMAO

j/k

Simply Red
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM

Dottefan, lol. Is the truth behind that ever going to surface?

Simply Red
01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I plan to start a thread in Dane's defense illustrating how fantastic of a person he REALLY is. Stay tuned.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 02:29 PM
You saying I've got a big ego?

LMAO

j/k

:D Umm. :) Well....... :p

me too. You know you're my LA homeboy.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Dottefan, lol. Is the truth behind that ever going to surface?

I don't even know the truth............

KCbroncoHATER
01-14-2010, 04:55 PM
We just disagree that's all.

I would respect his opinion more if he didn't use such bad language in his posts.

Frazod
01-14-2010, 04:59 PM

I would respect his opinion more if he didn't use such bad language in his posts.

Use the language filter, Nancy. You can even program it to edit out heck and darn.

Bugeater
01-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I've gotten like maybe one neg rep my whole time here so far (thanks Luv, glad we're friends now). Remarkably everyone is very kind to me. I've given only one neg rep as well.....and obviously that was to the person who neg repped me.
Liar. You dinged me for ripping you for texting while driving.

Jilly
01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Liar. You dinged me for ripping you for texting while driving.

ok, two. I forgot about that one. Well...you made me angry.

Bugeater
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
And that's fine, that's what it's there for. I was simply correcting you. :)

Jilly
01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
And that's fine, that's what it's there for. I was simply correcting you. :)

I should do it again, just for that!!!! But I won't cuz I feel extremely guilty now bout the first time. I'm sorry.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 05:16 PM

LMAO Go ask a thousand people who have disagreed with me on this site if they've gotten 1 neg rep from me. Ever.

You act like a jerk (better language?) to a lot of people on this board. In fact, you went on a 3 day LJ bender where you were blasting anyone who tried to logically debate the issue with you. Let's not get this thing twisted..................

The Franchise
01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
You're all a bunch of fucking assholes.

LMAO

The Franchise
01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Oops....except you Jilly. Jeez....no need for the rep blast. :D

Kyle DeLexus
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM

This is the truth, the comments can be as good as tags at times. I check my rep comments once a day to see if there's anything good.

Jilly
01-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Oops....except you Jilly. Jeez....no need for the rep blast. :D

Hey it was nice! :D

KCbroncoHATER
01-14-2010, 05:57 PM
That's not true flop, I only gave back what I got.

Your hate for LJ is unfounded and I just pointed that out.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
That's not true flop, I only gave back what I got.

Your hate for LJ is unfounded and I just pointed that out.

I saw it differently. I can agree to disagree. I'm ready to move on from here. Are you?

KCbroncoHATER
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I am fine, I always have been.

DaFace
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM

I spread some friendly love your direction.

DJ's left nut
01-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Wait a minute.

I thought this was the most dumbass of dumbass posts.

But am I correct in concluding that there really ARE double negatives with rep? If I can get somebody in the red to neg rep me it actually becomes positive rep? Surely I'm reading this incorrectly (though Dane's story seems pretty clear-cut).

This is fantastic news.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I spread some friendly love your direction.

Why must you haires me DaFace?

DaFace
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Why must you haires me DaFace?

:)

DaFace
01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Wait a minute.

I thought this was the most dumbass of dumbass posts.

But am I correct in concluding that there really ARE double negatives with rep? If I can get somebody in the red to neg rep me it actually becomes positive rep? Surely I'm reading this incorrectly (though Dane's story seems pretty clear-cut).

This is fantastic news.

I hope I'm not just spoiling the fun here, but no. If you're in the red, rep counts as zero. So, it doesn't hurt, but doesn't end up being a positive either.

DeezNutz
01-14-2010, 06:13 PM

What a depressing fucking avatar.

Now I'm angry.