PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink -- where do you do the majority of your food shopping?

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Where do you go to the store, usually?

Rain Man
01-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Denver.

blaise
I will answer for most Americans: McDonalds.

petegz28
Hy-Vee. Where there's a helpful smile in every isle. And literally, they are the most accomodating people I have experienced. I love shopping there. I don't need a stupid "shopper's card" and if shit is on sale it is on sale for everyone. And I usally walk out of there with more groceries for the same price that I would at Price Chopper even with my Chopper Shopper Card.

blaise
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
If anyone lives in an area that has Wegmans, it's pretty much the greatest grocery store in the world.

DMAC
I will answer for most CP'ers: McDonalds.FYP

DaKCMan AP
Publix & Costco.

Going to a local farmers market tomorrow, though. Hopefully it's Awesome, like DaKCMan AP.

When I'm working in California I go to Trader Joes. Been to Ralphs in Southern California and those were nice, too.

Frazod
It depends. There's a Jewel (local Chicago chain) that's closest, and that's where our bank and pharmacy are, but the Dominics (local chain owned by Safeway) is a nicer store and has better stuff, so we hit that one sometimes as well. We get bulk stuff at Costco. We also have two Super Targets and a 24 hour Meijer within a few miles. The grocery stores used to be 24 hours, but not anymore.

Once in a while we'll go to Trader Joe's, but that's on the other side of town and completely inconvenient. Neat store, though.

Buddy Rich
01-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Wegmans. God damned thing is as big as a mall but has everything you can think of (except dildos).

blaise
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Wegmans. God damned thing is as big as a mall but has everything you can think of (except dildos).

Their subs are pretty awesome, too.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Hy-Vee. No shoppers card needed for anything, and they ALWAYS have plenty of lanes available. I even worked at a Hy-Vee for a few months and they were pretty cool to work for.

Rain Man
01-15-2010, 03:07 PM
There's no King Soopers option.

teedubya
01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
COSTCO for most bulk shit..... HyVee and Aldi for the rest... wife sometimes goes to WalMart, but I always scorn her when she does.

KcMizzou
Price Chopper. Mainly because it's the closest.

Consistent1
Kroger here. They are pretty solid on prices these days. Lots of the house brand and Red, White and Blue generics are excellent and cheap. The Kroger diet soda knock-offs like Dr.K and Citrus Drop (Dew) are as good as the "real" brands.

Reaper16
01-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Depending on where I'm living it'll be Hy-Vee or Price Chopper. Generally whichever is closer. I go all over for specialty items though.

Inspector
01-15-2010, 03:12 PM
It just appears in the kitchen. I have no idea from where.

Sometimes I suspect my retired wife is doing it but have never worked up the nerve to ask. I know better than to mess with her.

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2010, 03:13 PM
It honestly depends on what town I'm in. In the KC area It's HyVee because they have some very hot girls working at the one I go to. If I'm in Lawrence, I split carries with HyVee and Dillons. Walmart is less than a block away so if I'm cooking and need something I go there, or if I don't feel like driving or being out for very long.

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 03:13 PM
dang, forgot A&P, too, as well as Hyvee. Oh well. just write in, what distinguishes itself from the options listed.

Inspector
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Their subs are pretty awesome, too.

Those can be used as dildo's if you let them age for awhile.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
The next time I see Bwana, I'm giving him Albertson's rep. I fucking love that place.

Inspector
01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
It honestly depends on what town I'm in. In the KC area It's HyVee because they have some very hot girls working at the one I go to. If I'm in Lawrence, I split carries with HyVee and Dillons. Walmart is less than a block away so if I'm cooking and need something I go there, or if I don't feel like driving or being out for very long.

I'm going to start going to HyVee.

Delano
01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Hy-Vee supplemented by farmer's markets and local farmers.
Posted via Mobile Device

38yrsfan
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
SuperOne

kc rush
01-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Usually HyVee.

SDChiefs
01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Stater Bros. FTW!

Frazod
01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
For all the cool stuff that Naperville has, we have pretty much the shittiest Walmart I've ever seen. It's old, cramped, filthy and always packed with rude, non-English speaking dirtbags. Ugh. Been in there twice, there will not be a third time.

Inspector
01-15-2010, 03:25 PM
For all the cool stuff that Naperville has, we have pretty much the shittiest Walmart I've ever seen. It's old, cramped, dirty and always packed with rude, non-English speaking dirtbags. Ugh. Been in there twice, there will not be a third time.

Aren't all of them like that?

Frazod
01-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Aren't all of them like that?

Hell if I know. The only Walmart I frequent is in Kirksville (new, huge and very nice, BTW).

It's packed with rednecks, but they all speak English. :D

petegz28
01-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Price Chopper. Mainly because it's the closest.

I drive past 3 Price Choppers to go to Hy-Vee. I go to Price Chopper only for a quick run.

Alton deFlat
01-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I split time between our only three places to buy groceries. A locally owned grocery (AKA Ron's), Dillons (AKA Kroger), and as much as I hate to say it...... Walmart (AKA Hell).

Param
01-15-2010, 03:48 PM
There's pretty much only Publix and Wholefoods where I live. I'm not driving out of my way to shop at other places.

TrebMaxx
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Hy-Vee. Good meat and seafood counter.

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I split time between our only three places to buy groceries. A locally owned grocery (AKA Ron's), Dillons (AKA Kroger), and as much as I hate to say it...... Walmart (AKA Hell).

dang man, i forgot a ton. UGHH, this really is more of a Rainman poll. :(

patteeu
01-15-2010, 03:58 PM
CountryMart (http://www.mycountrymart.com/)

Stewie
01-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Price Chopper, mostly because it's close. I also shop HyVee, Hen House, and Aldi.

kc rush
01-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Hell if I know. The only Walmart I frequent is in Kirksville (new, huge and very nice, BTW).

It's packed with rednecks, but they all speak English. :D

Is it the same one that was built in the mid-90's on the north end of town, or have they built another one?

Frazod
01-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Is it the same one that was built in the mid-90's on the north end of town, or have they built another one?

Yeah, that's the one.

You have to realize, in my mind, anything they've built since I moved away in 1984 is "new."

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2010, 04:03 PM
How does this list NOT include Hy-Vee?

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I split time between our only three places to buy groceries. A locally owned grocery (AKA Ron's), Dillons (AKA Kroger), and as much as I hate to say it...... Walmart (AKA Hell).Ron's used to have the best meat counter in P-Town. Dillons was ok, but I can't imagine anyone getting meat at Wal-Mart.

Alton deFlat
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
dang man, i forgot a ton. UGHH, this really is more of a Rainman poll. :(

Ah hell, I wouldn't have come up with near as many as you did. I lead a pretty sheltered life down here in the boonies.

Alton deFlat
01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Ron's used to have the best meat counter in P-Town. Dillons was ok, but I can't imagine anyone getting meat at Wal-Mart.

Yea, I don't buy meat at Wal-Mart. Ron's is the by far best place for that.

kc rush
01-15-2010, 04:13 PM
How does this list NOT include Hy-Vee?

The pollster lives in Atlanta.

kc rush
01-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, that's the one.

You have to realize, in my mind, anything they've built since I moved away in 1984 is "new."

:LOL: I haven't been back to Kirksville since I lived there (after graduating) in the early to mid-90's, so I wasn't sure how much had changed.

rockymtnchief
01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Not much choice in a town under 1000 people. I go to the locally owned store. It's a little more expensive, but all the meat, poultry, eggs, etc... come from people I know and trust.

MichaelH
01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
We do most of our food shopping at Super Wal Mart. I hate the store and what they're about but you can't argue with the savings. It costs us approximately $200 a week at other places. I can get the same at WalMart for roughly $130. Until I start making more money it's the only option.

Frazod
01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
:LOL: I haven't been back to Kirksville since I lived there (after graduating) in the early to mid-90's, so I wasn't sure how much had changed.

I (obviously) never thought about how long that Walmart's been there. 15 years? Wow. When I was a kid that's where the County Fairgrounds were.

ArrowheadHawk
No Dillons or Hy-Vee. I go to Dillons 'cause its closer. Hy-Vee cause I like it better.

SDChiefs
We do most of our food shopping at Super Wal Mart. I hate the store and what they're about but you can't argue with the savings. It costs us approximately $200 a week at other places. I can get the same at WalMart for roughly $130. Until I start making more money it's the only option.

Thats funny. Here its not like that. Their goods are cheap but food is expensive. Last I looked they were like $.01 cheaper on items than Vons. And Vons is hella expensive.

MichaelH
01-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Thats funny. Here its not like that. Their goods are cheap but food is expensive. Last I looked they were like $.01 cheaper on items than Vons. And Vons is hella expensive.

The local stores we have in my neck of the woods are Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Lowes Foods and Bi-Lo. Food Lion and Bi-Lo are a bit cheaper but Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods have nice gourmet items and nicer stores. I have tried it many different ways and I always manage to save at least $40 a week by shopping at Wal Mart. We clip coupons but don't run to different stores depending on what is on sale where, I don't have time for that.

Donger
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Wherever the retarded nipple tweakers are, which is usually King Soopers.

RJ
01-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Smiths, which is part of the Kroger chain.

I like Trader Joe's but the closest one is a 30 minute drive.

I hate the crowds and service at Walmart but I will go in there for certain items if it's early in the morning. No way do I buy meat and produce there.

Albertsons is the highest priced of the local chains, at least on items I regularly purchase.

Until about three years ago there were Raley's stores here. They're out of California. I was sorry to see them go. They had great service and selection and their prices were right in line with the rest.

Edit: I usually buy meats from a local store. The folks there are very knowledgeable, their prices are reasonable and they're close to home. I'd recommend that anyone who has a local butcher give them at least a try.

ziggysocki
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
What about the ALDI option? Man, I refuse to go to a grocery store where you can't scrounge up empty boxes off the isles and use instead of those pesky bags.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Dillons, but it's now owned by Kroger.

Before Kroger bought them out, they paid really, really well. My brother sister worked there. They basically came in and said take a 50% paycut and drop to part time or you're fired. Most people ended up quitting after finding something else.

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
None of these stores are in my area other than Walmart. I shop at Aldi's.

Stewie
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Dillons, but it's now owned by Kroger.

Before Kroger bought them out, they paid really, really well. My brother sister worked there. They basically came in and said take a 50% paycut and drop to part time or you're fired. Most people ended up quitting after finding something else.

I'm pretty sure Dillon's wanted it to appear that way. It was a back-handed way for Dillon's to look like the good guys when Kroger "took over." A Dillon runs Kroger.

BigMeatballDave
01-15-2010, 04:51 PM
In my area the large grocery stores are ACME and Giant Eagle. Both are just like Kroger or Hy-Vee.

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 05:05 PM
In my area the large grocery stores are ACME and Giant Eagle. Both are just like Kroger or Hy-Vee.

HyVee is much bigger and nicer than most Krogers. At least they used to be, the one on 40&7 was kickin' about the time i left Blue Springs (1992)

R&GHomer
01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Hyvee

gblowfish
01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Hyvee in OPKS for work
Passantino's Sunfresh in Independence, MO for home.

Mr. Laz
01-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Hyvee and price chopper ... follow the sale prices.

01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
A&P

The eight o clock bean coffee is da shit.

01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Hyvee and price chopper ... follow the sale prices.

Do you even have a post office in mudlick Kansas? :evil:

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 05:24 PM
A&P

The eight o clock bean coffee is da shit.

ha ha, yep, they finally dissolved all of them, here locally, in Atlanta. I DO though, remember 'White Oak Plaza' had one in Blue Springs YRS ago, and yeah, I remember their coffee.

Mr. Laz
01-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Do you even have a post office in mudlick Kansas? :evil:
hehe ... i hope Sanchez falls down and breaks his vagina during pregame so you guys have to just sit there and cry during the entire 1st half until you get so drunk you pass out.

:harumph:

Spott
01-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Super Target for most of my food and Winn Dixie/Publix for meats.

01-15-2010, 05:28 PM
ha ha, yep, they finally dissolved all of them, here locally, in Atlanta. I DO though, remember 'White Oak Plaza' had one in Blue Springs YRS ago, and yeah, I remember their coffee.

we have shop rite..pathmark and a&p here..the a&p is the least busiest and their bakery kicks ass too..lol..so I always go there...when I was in st louis the last time I remember an indian sounding place I shopped at..hhhmm..its not on your list//not a ghandi indian an american indian name

01-15-2010, 05:29 PM
hehe ... i hope Sanchez falls down and breaks his vagina during pregame so you guys have to just sit there and cry during the entire 1st half until you get so drunk you pass out.

:harumph:

You know whats gonna happen? the ravens will win tomorrow to seal the Jets fate..I fucking swear to god that if the Ravens win tomorrow the Jets will find a way to lose :(

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 05:31 PM
we have shop rite..pathmark and a&p here..the a&p is the least busiest and their bakery kicks ass too..lol..so I always go there...when I was in st louis the last time I remember an indian sounding place I shopped at..hhhmm..its not on your list//not a ghandi indian an american indian name

Milgrams? ROFLROFLROFLROFL whooally ****, i barely remember that one! Again 7-hwy. Blue Springs, right across from Zarda Dairy.

01-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Milgrams? ROFLROFLROFLROFL whooally ****, i barely remember that one! Again 7-hwy. Blue Springs, right across from Zarda Dairy.

LOL..I think it was called chanooks or something..shcnukks? lol

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
LOL..I think it was called chanooks or something..shcnukks? lol

oh okay, I guess i thought Milgrams like 'pilgrams' never mind, but yeah, any old school Kansas Citian SHOULD remember Milgrams, 'Hey Neighbor!'

Mr. Laz
01-15-2010, 05:40 PM
funny thing is that i almost became a new yorkian a few years back. A company headhunted me and i even put in my 2 weeks. I was gonna move and work in Massapequa. Then a few days later the district manager came down and offered me a raise and stuff to stay. It was close because they called that very same night to verify me quitting and moving to N.Y.

Me and Bill2112 in the same city ... could it survive? ROFL

01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
funny thing is that i almost became a new yorkian a few years back. A company headhunted me and i even put in my 2 weeks. I was gonna move and work in Massapequa. Then a few days later the district manager came down and offered me a raise and stuff to stay. It was close because they called that very same night to verify me quitting and moving to N.Y.

Dude, thats long island. you would have hated it and never ever seen me! hahaha!

I hate long island because of the Long island expressway. there is no escape from that traffic mess. my most memorable event in long island was seeing pink floyd the wall tour in 1980 at Nassau coliseum.

Bill Lundberg
01-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Hy-Vee

Mr. Laz
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Dude, thats long island. you would have hated it and never ever seen me! hahaha!

I hate long island because of the Long island expressway. there is no escape from that traffic mess. my most memorable event in long island was seeing pink floyd the wall tour in 1980 at Nassau coliseum.
does that mean i could of hooked up with snookie?

:)

bevischief
01-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Where is Big Lots?

luv
01-15-2010, 07:27 PM
No love for the grocery sponsor of the Chiefs (Hy-Vee)?

Here, we have Price Cutter. Not sure if it's the same as Price Chopper or not.

RJ
01-15-2010, 07:34 PM

I remember Milgrams. We shopped there regularly in the late 60's.

That was in KCK.

big nasty kcnut
01-15-2010, 07:35 PM
In houston randells was awesome free sample sunday.

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Where is Big Lots?

Yeah, no kidding, great prices on legit staples. Yep, fuck my pole.

mlyonsd
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Anyone remember Red Owl?

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I remember Milgrams. We shopped there regularly in the late 60's.

That was in KCK.

ok, can you remember this though, Jane 'the Milgram's spokesperson?' "hey neighbor" was their/her slogan. Jeez, where'd all of that time go?

luv
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, no kidding, great prices on legit staples. Yep, fuck my pole.

No thanks.

:p

Frazod
01-15-2010, 07:43 PM

I also once considered a move to the Big Apple. My old company had a New York office, and back in '98 or '99 I was offered a $20,000 raise to relocate. One of my best friends lives on Staten Island, so while I was visiting him I started checking prices on various life things. Now, no way in hell could I have afforded to live in Manhattan, but (at least a decade ago) prices for things like gas, groceries, cigarettes and rent in Staten Island were fairly comparable to Chicago. The problems came from drastically increased commute times (1/2 hour to the ferry terminal, 1/2 hour across the harbor, 1/2 hour to midtown office, and that assumes it's a normal day) and the fact that New York is basically Chicago x 3 - three times the people, three times the congestion, three times the dirt and grime and every other goddamn thing. And since I'm not exactly a fan of Chicago for these reasons, I took a pass on the job and the move.

And I don't regret it one bit.

RJ
01-15-2010, 07:45 PM
ok, can you remember this though, Jane 'the Milgram's spokesperson?' "hey neighbor" was their/her slogan. Jeez, where'd all of that time go?

No, but I do remember the Paul Bunyan Burger just up the road from Milgrams. That's a story for the Old Restaurants thread ,though.

kc rush
01-15-2010, 07:48 PM

We used to go there occasionally when I was a kid. Usually we went to the Hen House in Waldo for big trips until Price Chopper opened more stores around town.

KCFalcon59
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
WalMart. Mostly for canned/boxed/frozen goods. Vegetables are from HyVee, meat from the butcher or Hyvee.

Saccopoo
01-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Does anyone else find it amazing that the lower banner advertisements on this site/board closely follow the thread's main topic? There are food shopping coupon ads on this one last I saw. That's some savvy marketing that this board has set up. Automated ads based on topics? Kinda interesting and neat.

Oh, and I shop at Costco for most items. Produce I get from either my gardens when in season or at Smith's right up the road for no other reason other than geographical convenience. I'm looking into utilizing a small hobby farm to raise a beef, pig and lamb for slaughter. I'm going to also start making my own cheese this year. What's so hard about some milk and salt?

Also, I have an apple, pear and cherry tree in the back yard that gives excellent production every year.

I can a lot of shit.

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Does anyone else find it amazing that the lower banner advertisements on this site/board closely follow the thread's main topic? There are food shopping coupon ads on this one last I saw. That's some savvy marketing that this board has set up. Automated ads based on topics? Kinda interesting and neat.

Oh, and I shop at Costco for most items. Produce I get from either my gardens when in season or at Smith's right up the road for no other reason other than geographical convenience. I'm looking into utilizing a small hobby farm to raise a beef, pig and lamb for slaughter. I'm going to also start making my own cheese this year. What's so hard about some milk and salt?

Also, I have an apple, pear and cherry tree in the back yard that gives excellent production every year.

I can a lot of shit.

Keyword algorithms

Simply Red
01-15-2010, 08:31 PM
I see they've omitted the Margarita Pizzas..

badgirl
01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Super Walmart

Deberg_1990
01-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Piggly Wiggly

keg in kc
01-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Target, Wal-Mart and occasionally Price Chopper. Primarily Target.

luv
01-15-2010, 08:57 PM
I was going to ask if they have any regular Walmarts left. We don't have a Super Target, which I'm sure some of you might think is weird.

KcMizzou
01-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Target, Wal-Mart and occasionally Price Chopper. Primarily Target.I prefer Target over Wal-mart mainly because my local Wal-mart is busy as hell, and bitch to get in and out of. (I-29 and Barry right by Zona Rosa)

Get my groceries at the Price Chopper though... it's like 5 minutes away.

keg in kc
01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I prefer Target over Wal-mart mainly because my local Wal-mart is busy as hell, and bitch to get in and out of. (I-29 and Barry right by Zona Rosa)

Get my groceries at the Price Chopper though... it's like 5 minutes away.There's two targets within 5 minutes of me on 119th and one of them is on the way home from work. Wal-mart's a little further away and is in the middle of nowhere (135th and black bob IIRC), although it's easily the cheapest of the three. Price Chopper I usually avoid because it always seems more expensive, although it's the most convenient.

I used to shop at HyVee exclusively, but they closed the one I went to (Highland Plaza at 119th/69 hwy) and the one on 135th and antioch is similarly out of the way to wal-mart.

Lzen
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Probably 70% Walmart, 250% Dillons, and the rest various other places. We have been going in on butchering a cow every year with our friends who have a farm in Carthage, MO. SO, we're usually good on beef for the year with that. We also had a pig butchered a couple years ago. Amazingly better than the pork you buy in a store.

L.A. Chieffan
01-15-2010, 09:04 PM
trader joes and sams. vons once in while
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
01-15-2010, 09:40 PM
You'll find the best selection of food in a busy womans vagina. ...............yeah,I'm not sure either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
01-15-2010, 09:49 PM

i'm surprised that doesn't result in alot of toilet paper and sex product ads.

poop and sex is what this place is all about. :)

Saccopoo
01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Keyword algorithms

That's some high speed techno shit right there. I still don't understand the whole mouse clicky thing, so that's like fucking quantum astro-physics right there. Or a woman's emotional needs. Or why "wagon" is spelled like that. Some shit just is way beyond my understanding.

clyde05
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM
ive worked for hy vee, price chopper and publix and i would say publix is the best.

siberian khatru
01-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Super Walmart, unfortunately

TigerPig
01-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Denver.

King Sooper!

I have a question: So I've only been out to Colorado in the summer. And the King Soopers have these huge-ass openings to them. But in the winter, they surely can't do that. How in the hell do they close it up? I didn't see any doors that slide down or anything.

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Dillons, I hate that place but it's a few blocks from my house.

Fritz88
01-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Aldi's if I don't find what I need I move to
Checkers (a place in Lawrence, KS).
HyVee
Walmart

Pioli Zombie
01-16-2010, 07:31 AM
I get all the nutrition I need from being nursed by Jenny McCarthy.
Posted via Mobile Device

munkey
01-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Costco

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I was going to ask if they have any regular Walmarts left. We don't have a Super Target, which I'm sure some of you might think is weird.Super Target? I've never heard of those. None around here. Not surprised though since Ohio kinda sux.

Spott
01-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Super Target? I've never heard of those. None around here. Not surprised though since Ohio kinda sux.

It's kind of like Super Wal-Mart, except the customers have teeth.

Fish
01-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Probably 70% Walmart, 250% Dillons, and the rest various other places. We have been going in on butchering a cow every year with our friends who have a farm in Carthage, MO. SO, we're usually good on beef for the year with that. We also had a pig butchered a couple years ago. Amazingly better than the pork you buy in a store.

You must really love Dillons...

Wyndex
01-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Aldi's on Shawnee Mission Parkway on the way home

Sunfresh on 18th Street Expressway any other time

dtebbe
01-16-2010, 08:47 PM
King Sooper!

I have a question: So I've only been out to Colorado in the summer. And the King Soopers have these huge-ass openings to them. But in the winter, they surely can't do that. How in the hell do they close it up? I didn't see any doors that slide down or anything.

We shop at King Sooper and Safeway when we visit CO, and both are very nice places!

Dallas Chief
01-16-2010, 09:46 PM

Wasn't it Milgram's that used to give out the little game cards that coincided with the weekly horse races that were on TV on Saturdays in KC? Maybe that was Thriftway? Anyway I remember both of those stores...
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
01-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Wasn't it Milgram's that used to give out the little game cards that coincided with the weekly horse races that were on TV on Saturdays in KC? Maybe that was Thriftway? Anyway I remember both of those stores...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thriftway, whoallllly shit! yeah, we're old, damn. Totally had forgotten about it. Skaggs? Wild Woodys?

milkman
01-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Am I the first in with....McDonald's?

Simply Red
01-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Am I the first in with....McDonald's?

no, lol.

RJ
01-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

When we were about 8 years old, me and some friends shoplifted a box of corn flakes from Milgrams. I have no idea why. I also have no idea why I remember it.

Perhaps Milgrams went out of business due to lax security.

Silock
01-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Hen House for meats, because they have free-range local stuff.

Whole Foods for some produce.

That's pretty much all I buy.

Jewish Rabbi
01-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Not having Hy-Vee on this poll = FAIL

Jewish Rabbi
01-17-2010, 02:03 AM

North Carolina must be a lot different than Iowa.

cdcox
01-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Kroger. I go probably 4 times a week.

Used to go to a walmart but it's not worth the hassle.

I occasionally go to Fresh Market, but their prices, limited selection and locations keep me from going there more often.

Over-Head
01-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Where do you go to the store, usually?
Grabage dumpster behind "Mile One" :D

Fire Me Boy!
01-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Lowes Whole Foods.

Earthling
01-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Haven't read all the posts but I usually get most of my food at Toms Bar and Grill. Same as a lot here I reckon.

Dallas Chief
01-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Thriftway, whoallllly shit! yeah, we're old, damn. Totally had forgotten about it. Skaggs? Wild Woodys?
Yep I remember Skaggs too! They had one at Indian Springs when I was a kid- I think. That was in what is now known as The Dotte for those that never dared to travel north from the County or cross the river from the east. We actually had a Thriftway really close to us in the Highland Crest area of KCK. Oh the memories of loitering around that joint... :)
Posted via Mobile Device