PDA

View Full Version : Misc Roommate issue/question.

TigerPig
01-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Question about roommates:

So lets say you decide to become roommates with a guy and girl who are dating (you know the guy better than the girl). I know this is a bad idea, but I didn't so bear with me.

Then, guy and girl split up:(. Guy, the one who talked you into rooming and you actually knew before you started rooming with him, splits. You're stuck with some person you really don't know, but the rent is low, all seems fine, and you're not on the lease so there's no real downside to it all.

THEN without asking she decides to have her new BF move in with her. When asked, she says, "Oh, I forgot to ask if you were okay with it."What do you think? Is this totally rude on her part? Or do I have no place in it considering I'm not on the lease?

I'm getting out of here, I think. The problem is there's nothing really WRONG with the whole situation (I mean, I have my own room and no one eats my food, etc.), and I only need a place for four months, then I get another place with my friend (hard to find a four-month lease).

Anyway, if anyone has some ugly roommate experience, or just has a good knowledge of roommate etiquette, I'd appreciate it.

-King-
01-17-2010, 11:48 PM
I like turtles.

luv
01-17-2010, 11:49 PM
If you'd have asked beforehand, I'd have said don't move in. Been there, done that. If you do, request the master bedroom, and not the bedroom in the middle of the three.

In your case, it sucks she didn't ask you. Pretty damned rude, IMO. But, if the boat isn't rocked, I say stick it out for four months.

RustShack
01-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Yeah she can pretty much do what she wants. Especially if the new guy gets on the lease too.

HMc
01-17-2010, 11:51 PM
she sounds like a bit of a whore, to be honest

Dante84
01-17-2010, 11:53 PM

Luv was just giving her opinion.... jeeze....

TigerPig
01-17-2010, 11:53 PM

She is. She's bisexual, and has brought home about 4 different girls and guys in the last three weeks. BTW this is not a joke. It actually kind of sucks to live with a slutty girl, cause they can get SO MUCH MORE action than you without trying. Its depressing.

And I know she can do what she wants. But is it right of me to think she should run stuff like that by me?

Dante84
01-17-2010, 11:55 PM
PIIHEverything.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-17-2010, 11:56 PM
She should've asked, but you're not on the lease. Hang out until it's inconvenient and then bolt.

BryanBusby
01-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Make sure to railroad her with current bf before you bolt.

cdirty
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
my friend is about to move in with a couple at the end of the month. Should i warn him now?

luv
01-18-2010, 12:02 AM
my friend is about to move in with a couple at the end of the month. Should i warn him now?

They're opening themselves up into living with "couple drama". If the lower rent is worth it, then go for it.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2010, 12:02 AM

Oh, fuck yeah. I've been there, done that. It almost always ends miserably for the single guy.

cdirty
01-18-2010, 12:20 AM
well hes pretty laid back and so is the couple.
but yea who knows how it will end up.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2010, 12:23 AM
well hes pretty laid back and so is the couple.
but yea who knows how it will end up.

You heard it here first. He'll regret it before it's all said and done. Hopefully I'll be wrong, and they'll all be the exception to the rule.

CoMoChief
01-18-2010, 12:44 AM

So lets say you decide to become roommates with a guy and girl who are dating (you know the guy better than the girl). I know this is a bad idea, but I didn't so bear with me.

Then, guy and girl split up:(. Guy, the one who talked you into rooming and you actually knew before you started rooming with him, splits. You're stuck with some person you really don't know, but the rent is low, all seems fine, and you're not on the lease so there's no real downside to it all.

THEN without asking she decides to have her new BF move in with her. When asked, she says, "Oh, I forgot to ask if you were okay with it."What do you think? Is this totally rude on her part? Or do I have no place in it considering I'm not on the lease?

I'd just rought it out. Moving is a bitch. Don't do it unless you absolutely have to.
I'm getting out of here, I think. The problem is there's nothing really WRONG with the whole situation (I mean, I have my own room and no one eats my food, etc.), and I only need a place for four months, then I get another place with my friend (hard to find a four-month lease).

Anyway, if anyone has some ugly roommate experience, or just has a good knowledge of roommate etiquette, I'd appreciate it.

I would tough it out for the last few months or so. Moving is a pain in the ass, and really's it's just 4 months.....as long as he helps paying for shit I don't think I would mind til the time comes to move out.

BossChief
01-18-2010, 02:39 AM
I say buy a box of condoms and try to get in on some action.

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 02:46 AM
She is. She's bisexual, and has brought home about 4 different girls and guys in the last three weeks. BTW this is not a joke. It actually kind of sucks to live with a slutty girl, cause they can get SO MUCH MORE action than you without trying. Its depressing.

And I know she can do what she wants. But is it right of me to think she should run stuff like that by me?

Thirty-nine different people in the last three weeks, all the them swingers...young, nubile swingers at that, and you are wondering about some lease agreement? Holy shit! You can have my house if you give me your room.

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Thirty-nine different people in the last three weeks, all the them swingers...young, nubile swingers at that, and you are wondering about some lease agreement? Holy shit! You can have my house if you give me your room.

Its no fun unless you're invited! Like I said in the last three months I got some residual tang twice; the guy I knew was setting me up. But this girl will go out all night and party, and come back with people at like 2:00 a.m. They never party here, just have sex. And I'm never invited. :(

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 03:05 AM
Its no fun unless you're invited! Like I said in the last three months I got some residual tang twice; the guy I knew was setting me up. But this girl will go out all night and party, and come back with people at like 2:00 a.m. They never party here, just have sex. And I'm never invited. :(

Sucks to be you.

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 03:09 AM
However, if it were me in your shoes, I'd be working hard to get in her good graces.

Perhaps you ought to be welcoming her to the new day with some French Toast (easy to make), coffee and the like. Make dinner for her/you once in a while.

I mean, if you aren't getting in on this in terms of co-existing with your new roommate, I think that you are blowing a major opportunity.

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 03:15 AM
However, if it were me in your shoes, I'd be working hard to get in her good graces.

Perhaps you ought to be welcoming her to the new day with some French Toast (easy to make), coffee and the like. Make dinner for her/you once in a while.

I mean, if you aren't getting in on this in terms of co-existing with your new roommate, I think that you are blowing a major opportunity.

Yeah. The problem too is I have to work until around 10:00 p.m. six nights a week. Friday and Saturday I get off at 11:00. So she's already gone partying by the time I get home. Plus, she goes to gay bars and stuff like that, so its not really my thing.

But yeah, I should start being nicer to her. But I actually almost never see her. We're both awake in the house at the same time maybe 24 hours a week, which if you think about it isn't that much (3 hours a day, in the morning). Though it seems being nicer doesn't seem to work out for me; I tend to get heel prints in my back when I am nice. I wholeheartedly subscribe to the "Assholes finish first" mantra.

wutamess
01-18-2010, 03:21 AM
WTF is residual tang? :shrug:

Thig Lyfe
01-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Yeah, but is she hot?

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Yeah. The problem too is I have to work until around 10:00 p.m. six nights a week. Friday and Saturday I get off at 11:00. So she's already gone partying by the time I get home. Plus, she goes to gay bars and stuff like that, so its not really my thing.

But yeah, I should start being nicer to her. But I actually almost never see her. We're both awake in the house at the same time maybe 24 hours a week, which if you think about it isn't that much (3 hours a day, in the morning). Though it seems being nicer doesn't seem to work out for me; I tend to get heel prints in my back when I am nice. I wholeheartedly subscribe to the "Assholes finish first" mantra.

Assholes finish as assholes. They may get out to the early lead, but in life, they get figured out and never end up in the winner's circle.

And in terms of gay bars, I got tons of heterosexual ass in gay bars. There use to be this funky gar bar in downtown KC, and the girls use to go there just to dance. (Apparently, really hot, non-threatening sweaty guys with their shirts off was appealing. Go figure.) Offer to drive her and her freak show. Be nice is what I suggest. It's better than being the disgruntled, narrow-minded, repressive "normal" guy in the next room. French Toast and sausage (bacon is for noobs).

1/2 c. milk
1 egg
1/4 c. powdered/confectioners sugar
pinch of nutmeg
dash of cinnamon
1/2 t. vanilla extract

Dredge the bread in the mix above and don't burn. Maple syrup is best for french toast. (Preserves for waffles.)

A glass of apple juice (organic unfilterd if possible), a glass of milk, and a cup of coffee.

You will be as good as gold.

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 03:31 AM
And if that somehow doesn't work, I'll give you my "Sure to get laid Manicotti" recipe.

Works the first time, every time.

wutamess
01-18-2010, 03:33 AM
This bitch doesn't seem like the breakfast type.... you're trying to get some ass not a relationship.

Skip breakfast.

I'm still trying to find out what's residual tang?

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 03:38 AM
This bitch doesn't seem like the breakfast type.... you're trying to get some ass not a relationship.

Skip breakfast.

I'm still trying to find out what's residual tang?

I'm assuming the borderline passed out chick in the bathroom that missed the toilet when she retched. Offer to pick her up and wipe the gruel from her chin and it's the best piece of ass you will find at 3:51 in the morning.

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 03:39 AM
WTF is residual tang? :shrug:

Its what you get when your roommate brings someone over to your house and you start talking to them and stuff like that. I didn't even have to do anything. He put in all the legwork to get the girl to come back to our place, and I just sit at home and profit.

wutamess
01-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Its what you get when your roommate brings someone over to your house and you start talking to them and stuff like that. I didn't even have to do anything. He put in all the legwork to get the girl to come back to our place, and I just sit at home and profit.

I'm confused... U have 2 roommates that were gf & bf?
Now they've split up and she's wanting another guy to move in with her while ex still lives there?

And you get residual tang when ex brings 2 women home because you're the wingman?

Hootie
01-18-2010, 03:47 AM
I'm interested in why you didn't bang this slut after she broke up with her last boyfriend?

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Now they've split up and she's wanting another guy to move in with her while ex still lives there?

And you get residual tang when ex brings 2 women home because you're the wingman?

Sounds like pure gold to me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZRrXcwc7t0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZRrXcwc7t0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm interested in why you didn't bang this slut after she broke up with her last boyfriend?

I don't think she likes me all that much. She never talks to me and I never talk to her. I think its because I told her after my friend left that maybe this time we should get a roommate she isn't sleeping with so we don't have to deal with the whole break up thing again. Which is true, but I think it upset her. I really suck at talking to people when it comes to subtlety. I'm very blunt and its taken the wrong way.

Saccopoo
01-18-2010, 03:54 AM

And at this point, I'm going to hand this thread over to the CP resident chick roommate guru.

Hootie, it's all on you now. Help this poor schmuck.

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 03:55 AM

LOL it is confusing! So guy and girl are dating. While that's going on they are having fun and bringing people over, some of them to hook up with themselves. But not always, and so twice I was able to actually get with the girls they brought over (which was nice for never leaving my house that night, lol).

Then, they break up and guy leaves. Girl keeps bringing people over, usually having sex with them. But I'm never really introduced or invited to hang out. Its awkward, really.

New guy comes along, and she tells me just today that he's going to be moving in. She didn't say he's her boyfriend, though. I just assumed. Now I'm starting to think this isn't the case at all, and he's just going to end up being her FWB and paying part of the rent.

Crystal yet?

Hootie
01-18-2010, 04:11 AM
so I'm guessing you're like 18 or 19?

What a fucked up situation...

I don't think I'd ever live with a girl who wasn't a girlfriend...and even if she was a girlfriend she'd have to be pretty god damn serious for me to want to live with her.

How big is this place? Can you hear the chick bang all of the time? Man that shit would get annoying real quick.

As for roommate etiquette...you aren't on the lease so the chick can pretty much kick you out whenever she wants...I assume she's the only one on the lease so you should be happy that it's cheap rent...I'd probably get a lock for my door and if you don't like the chick then it's not like you have to even acknowledge the fact that she lives there...

Is your room a big room? Do you have a TV? XBox? Shit I know of all sorts of places on my campus that rent out single rooms in big houses to different people...so you share a house with like 5 other people you literally don't know...that's pretty much what you're doing.

I've been fortunate my entire renting life...I've lived with the same 1-5 roommates, was best friends with all of them throughout junior high and high school...and none of us EVER get into any fights, ever. People think we're strange the way we act...we all eat each others food (almost expected) drink each others beer, and take turns cleaning every once in a while (even though one guy does it more than most and that one guy isn't me)...and share toiletries...we are just really weird I guess? Shit, a lot of us even share clothes...

You know it's really strange...we were all quite popular in high school but since then we've kind of alienated ourselves from everyone else we knew growing up...

Other than the 6 of us...we have one group of "other" friends and they consist of my roommate Andy's brother (who doubles as my brother-in-law) and his friends (who are all 6 years older than us)...I'm pretty sure everyone else kind of resents us and our sense of humor...

Or maybe they think we're gay?

Or maybe I am gay?

Shit now I'm just confused.

Did I mention we all share the same bed?

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 04:27 AM
so I'm guessing you're like 18 or 19?

What a ****ed up situation...

I don't think I'd ever live with a girl who wasn't a girlfriend...and even if she was a girlfriend she'd have to be pretty god damn serious for me to want to live with her.

How big is this place? Can you hear the chick bang all of the time? Man that shit would get annoying real quick.

As for roommate etiquette...you aren't on the lease so the chick can pretty much kick you out whenever she wants...I assume she's the only one on the lease so you should be happy that it's cheap rent...I'd probably get a lock for my door and if you don't like the chick then it's not like you have to even acknowledge the fact that she lives there...

Is your room a big room? Do you have a TV? XBox? Shit I know of all sorts of places on my campus that rent out single rooms in big houses to different people...so you share a house with like 5 other people you literally don't know...that's pretty much what you're doing.

I've been fortunate my entire renting life...I've lived with the same 1-5 roommates, was best friends with all of them throughout junior high and high school...and none of us EVER get into any fights, ever. People think we're strange the way we act...we all eat each others food (almost expected) drink each others beer, and take turns cleaning every once in a while (even though one guy does it more than most and that one guy isn't me)...and share toiletries...we are just really weird I guess? Shit, a lot of us even share clothes...

You know it's really strange...we were all quite popular in high school but since then we've kind of alienated ourselves from everyone else we knew growing up...

Other than the 6 of us...we have one group of "other" friends and they consist of my roommate Andy's brother (who doubles as my brother-in-law) and his friends (who are all 6 years older than us)...I'm pretty sure everyone else kind of resents us and our sense of humor...

Or maybe they think we're gay?

Or maybe I am gay?

Shit now I'm just confused.

Did I mention we all share the same bed?

I'm actually in my mid-20s and have had great luck up until now. All my friends are married and settled down, so I had to go with someone I don't really know in order to keep a roommate.

I don't even want to talk about it. I f*cking HATE drama, and this whole thing is pissing me off big time. I feel like telling her its either him or me. And I'm not sure I even care. I don't want to move, though, cause the U-Haul is expensive and time-consuming. I don't get much time to myself, and I don't want to spend it in a Ryder truck going across town, only to do the same thing again in four months.

There is no amount of tang in the world to make sh*t like this worthwhile. When people are coming in to your house you don't really know and staying the night without your permission, it will stress you out, especially when you have to leave them there (even if your roommate is with them) while you go to work.

Hootie
01-18-2010, 04:30 AM
well you didn't know the girl in the first place, so what's the harm in adding another person you don't know?

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 04:37 AM
well you didn't know the girl in the first place, so what's the harm in adding another person you don't know?

ITs just too much. I trusted the guy. Now that he's gone, I'm very uncomfortable and don't like it.

Plus she started smoking in the house, something that was NOT allowed when he lived here. I have allergies to smoke, and once again I'd say something but I'm not even on the lease.

I know it sounds all kinky and nasty on paper, but the guy I roomed with was pretty normal. He just was riding her for all she was worth. She's a freak, and after seeing them argue as much as they did, I totally distrust her and she makes me nervous. There is no hotness value here, she ruined that.

But if you knew these people outside of them partying, you'd think nothing of them. We're all just normal people, nothing assuming about them. I don't want it to sound like I'm some porn director or something. Usually the people coming over was once a week at tops. She doesn't bring people over every night or anything, but its just annoying to not know who the people are in your own home.

Mastashake
01-18-2010, 04:41 AM
...wow.

Hootie
01-18-2010, 04:43 AM
I agree but that's the price you pay to get cheap and affordable rent.

My living expenses (rent/bills) are about $415 a month...and I live in a HUGE house, 1 mile from campus, with a HUGE room, a HUGE living room, a HUGE and finished basement...a 50" plasma that came with place...

This place is bigger than my dad's house...easily. I share the house with my 5 best friends but it's easily the most spacious house/apartment I've ever lived in and I get to split bills 6 ways...

I get internet/cable (HBO, Showtime, NFL Network...everything) for $20 a month...DVR receiver in my own room...

My friend Joel from work lives in an efficiency...shitty as hell...gross campus efficiency and pays $380 every month for rent alone...and his bills are split ONE way...and his apartment, his ENTIRE apartment, is about 70% of the size of my ROOM.

and that's the cheapest efficiency you can find in Champaign...

TigerPig
01-18-2010, 04:52 AM
I agree but that's the price you pay to get cheap and affordable rent.

My living expenses (rent/bills) are about $415 a month...and I live in a HUGE house, 1 mile from campus, with a HUGE room, a HUGE living room, a HUGE and finished basement...a 50" plasma that came with place...

This place is bigger than my dad's house...easily. I share the house with my 5 best friends but it's easily the most spacious house/apartment I've ever lived in and I get to split bills 6 ways...

I get internet/cable (HBO, Showtime, NFL Network...everything) for $20 a month...DVR receiver in my own room...

My friend Joel from work lives in an efficiency...shitty as hell...gross campus efficiency and pays $380 every month for rent alone...and his bills are split ONE way...and his apartment, his ENTIRE apartment, is about 70% of the size of my ROOM.

and that's the cheapest efficiency you can find in Champaign...

I guess. I'm done talking about it. I'm done attracting psycho people, and I'm done with having a roommate (possibly). I hope to god I never have to deal with another crazy roommate again.

I'm going to sleep.

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2010, 07:10 AM
I may be moving in with a married couple. They are very good friends and are having trouble making their mortgage payment. Lost their jobs and are trying to dig themselves out. Both are working now. I'd have my own room, of course. Plus, I'd save myself about $300/mo. I'd probably only be there 6 mos to a yr.

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2010, 07:11 AM
I'd say since your not on the lease, she really doesn't have to tell you anything. But, out of common courtesy, she should have.

tyton75
01-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I think we need pics to confirm whether she is hittable or not before we can give any further advice

NewChief
01-18-2010, 07:44 AM
You've got 4 months left. Stick it out. Putting yourself in a situation where you might have to move all your shit and find a place for 4 months isn't worth it. I'd talk with her about the smoking shit, though. That's just uncool if you're allergic to smoke.

Saulbadguy
01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Moooo?

Rausch
01-18-2010, 08:29 AM
If you aren't on the lease do what you want.

kepp
01-18-2010, 08:38 AM
If you aren't on the lease do what you want.

This. Run...run far away and don't look back. This shouldn't even be a question.

EyePod
01-18-2010, 08:39 AM

Yeah, just wait it out. Especially if no one is bothering you. Important question though.

Does she let you touch her vajayjay?

Inspector
01-18-2010, 08:48 AM
If a beer truck ran over the gorgeous Mrs. Inspector, I would live the rest of my life by myself. I could never live with other people.

Youth gives you tolerance I can't even imagine.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 08:53 AM
If a beer truck ran over the gorgeous Mrs. Inspector, I would live the rest of my life by myself. I could never live with other people.

Youth gives you tolerance I can't even imagine.

I had the world's best roommate when I first moved out. I was 19, he was 21, and outside of banging ugly chix there was no negatives about the guy.

Never, EVER, had a good one after that...

Skyy God
01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I really suck at talking to people when it comes to subtlety. I'm very blunt and its taken the wrong way.

Well, at least you changed your Tucker Max avy. It's a start.

Delano
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Is TigerPig the fella that likes softball players? Used to go by the name of The Buddha or some such.
Posted via Mobile Device

trndobrd
01-18-2010, 09:44 AM

Chief Pote
01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Moooo?

LMAO LMAO LMAO

patteeu
01-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Offer her some grape gatorade.

jettio
01-18-2010, 10:00 AM
If you are not living in a dorm or military barracks, you should probably follow the grandparents test when it comes to deciding who you share your living quarters with.

That is, if your grandparents were driving through town on vacation and wanted to visit for a day or two, Would they wonder how much f*ckin' good sense do you have after getting a look at the situation?

I think living with a slutty someone of the opposite sex who is not your friend and who disrespects fundamental rules of roommate courtesy would be a hard one to explain to grandma and grandpa if they came over, so if you are going to room with someone find a better situation.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM
I think living with a slutty someone of the opposite sex who is not your friend and who disrespects fundamental rules of roommate courtesy would be a hard one to explain to grandma and grandpa if they came over, so if you are going to room with someone find a better situation.

I see absolutely no flaw in this logic...

wutamess
01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe she's sick of your ass and wants you to get out? That's more of what it sounds like the more I keep reading your rants.

btlook1
01-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Excellent...wireless cam. Record it when she brings home one of her "bi" girlfriends...then post on the planet!

MVChiefFan
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Excellent...wireless cam. Record it when she brings home one of her "bi" girlfriends...then post on the planet!

I vote this for best advice given thus far.

Demonpenz
01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
this shit is happening more and more with the economy the way it is. You come home to people already drunk stoned or tweeking it blows, because you never know what they are going to do. I remember asking my roomates if they could take the trash out and he put a fork to my throat. I hate st joe

SDChiefs
01-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Its rude on her part but since youre not on the lease you are kinda screwed. I would just stick it out for the four months and then bone out. You owe her nothing.

The Franchise
01-18-2010, 12:08 PM
1. Get a lock for your door if you don't have one already.
2. Talk to her about the smoking. Just politely ask her if she could do it outside. Explain it's about your allergies.
3. Stay there for the 4 months and then get the fuck out.

SDChiefs
01-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Also, I currently live with a buddy and his girlfriend. She was cool at first but now I can see why none of his friends like her. Luckily for me they are moving out soon and a really good buddy of mine is taking their place. It was doomed from the get go.