PDA

View Full Version : Football Bitter San Diego police manhandle and arrest an innocent Jets fan

Pages : [1] 2

01-18-2010, 05:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJqd_5fC7ZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJqd_5fC7ZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The cops there are bully's and a joke. you cant throw a football in the parking lot or have a bottle of beer (it must be in a can) and you cant even root for your team..lol

BossChief
01-18-2010, 05:52 AM
horseshit

01-18-2010, 06:59 AM
horseshit

The dudes gf was given contact info by the Chargers fan right behind them as a witness..he did nothing wrong.

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2010, 07:03 AM
WTF?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 07:10 AM
That is some scumbag shit right there.

Spott
01-18-2010, 07:18 AM
I wonder how many donuts it takes to make the back of your neck look like a pack of hot dogs.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 07:22 AM
I wonder how many donuts it takes to make the back of your neck look like a pack of hot dogs.

Alot.

wilas101
01-18-2010, 07:35 AM
That video certainly makes San Diego fans appear to be much more decent than San Diego cops.

tooge
01-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Why didn't dude simpy run. None of those donut eatin lardasses was gonna make it half way up those stairs after him.

soundmind
01-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Proving once again that police officers, by and large, are incompetent, spineless, d-bags on a power-hunger type trip since high school socialization failed them. Get a friend you worthless piece of shit. A dozen people in immediate proximity said the man did nothing, the footage shows a guy rooting on his team....guarantee this was one of those, "text us your problems with people in your area" bullshit moves. Yell J-E-T-S after Kaeding boots another to la-la land and the cunt 3 rows back will tell the teacher you were talking.

This country, this game....weaker by the f*cking moment.

soundmind
01-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Also, there's absolutely no reason to comply if you feel the reason you're being arrested is unjust. Especially when I'm sure dude had to pay $150+/each for those tickets - I wouldn't have moved either, you probably would have ended up enticing me to assault one of those fat pricks.

TheGuardian
01-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Big props to San Diego fans there for supporting the guy. Very classy fans.

redsurfer11
01-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Change you can believe in.

PRIEST
01-18-2010, 08:22 AM

indeed.

worthless turds
:banghead::banghead:

Chiefnj2
01-18-2010, 08:23 AM
At least the police didn't taze him.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Its kind of hard to make make out what he did wrong. The video shows him taunting the crowd with his Jets chant. No biggie..

Then it cuts rather abruptly to him getting cuffed. Not sure if the whole story is being shown?

Consistent1
01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Incredible. Many times there is more to a situation than what you see, but this looks bad.

morphius
01-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Wow! Its bad when EVERYONE around the guy is saying that he didn't do anything wrong. It was probably the douche's in the ties a few rows back texting in how their feelings were hurt by an opposing fan standing up and rooting at their teams after they overpaid to bring a client to the game....

Mile High Mania
01-18-2010, 08:29 AM
It's crazy... considering the way I have acted at times during a game, I'd be looking at 10 years compared to anything this guy did.

Mr. Kotter
01-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Incredible. Many times there is more to a situation than what you see, but this looks bad.

Exactly. What was NOT shown could be big here....but this piece of it looks bad. I smell a set-up.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-18-2010, 08:32 AM
wow thats messed up

Dottefan
01-18-2010, 08:34 AM

Also, there's absolutely no reason to comply if you feel the reason you're being arrested is unjust. Especially when I'm sure dude had to pay $150+/each for those tickets - I wouldn't have moved either, you probably would have ended up enticing me to assault one of those fat pricks.

That video certainly makes San Diego fans appear to be much more decent than San Diego cops.

THese x2

Bwana
01-18-2010, 08:34 AM

At least until they go him out of the view of the camera.

EyePod
01-18-2010, 08:38 AM

Do you realize why cops are always at donut shops?

THEY GET FREE COFFEE!!!!

I worked at a donut shop throughout high school and very few cops actually ate donuts. They just worked 12 hour shifts and didn't want to have to stop back at the station to get some crappy coffee when there was free coffee at a Dunkin Donuts.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Do you realize why cops are always at donut shops?

THEY GET FREE COFFEE!!!!

You're kidding?

kpic
01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
You're kidding?

No he's not.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Also, there's absolutely no reason to comply if you feel the reason you're being arrested is unjust.

Wrong.

There is no good, ever, that will come from resisting arrest.

Ever.

Have your day in court. Find witnesses. But resisting arrest itself is a crime. And a bad idea...

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:05 AM
No he's not.

Really?

BossChief
01-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Wrong.

Ever.

Have your day in court. Find witnesses. But resisting arrest itself is a crime. And a bad idea...
this

yes sir, no sir

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Wrong.

Ever.

Going peacefully is an acknowledgement of wrong doing. By resisting, he created just enough of a scene to

A. Be provided with film
B. Accumulate witnesses

Easy 6
01-18-2010, 09:06 AM
The City of San Diego will be paying out a fat check for this garbage.

Props to the SD fans for honesty.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Going peacefully is an acknowledgement of wrong doing. By resisting, he created just enough of a scene to

A. Be provided with film
B. Accumulate witnesses

Wrong.

Resisting is a crime.

Now, he has broken the law. Until then he had not.

He was being taped BEFORE HE RESISTED. Resisting did not help him get taped. It won't help him in court now either.

Also, the 2nd or 3rd officer there may not know why you are even being arrested but once you resist they are allowed, by law, higher levels of violence to your person to get you to comply.

They will be protected, under the law, in doing so due to your resistance even if WHY you are being arrested isn't valid.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:12 AM
The City of San Diego will be paying out a fat check for this garbage.

Props to the SD fans for honesty.

SD should have to.

And it's nice to know people will stick up for their own, even if they aren't their own...

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Wrong.

Resisting is a crime.

Now, he has broken the law. Until then he had not.

He was being taped BEFORE HE RESISTED. Resisting did not help him get taped. It won't help him in court now either.

Also, the 2nd or 3rd officer there may not know why you are even being arrested but once you resist they are allowed, by law, higher levels of violence to your person to get you to comply.

They will be protected, under the law, in doing so due to your resistance even if WHY you are being arrested isn't valid.

Is resisting a misdemeanor?

KCbroncoHATER
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Next time when he is told to shut his pie hole ... he will.

J ...A...I...L!

Jail ...Jail ... Jail.

Haha.

Easy 6
01-18-2010, 09:15 AM
SD should have to.

And it's nice to know people will stick up for their own, even if they aren't their own...

Yep... and i do agree with you that resisting arrest, even if you are in the right, is the wrong move. Once they decide to take you in, all you can really do is comply or make it worse for yourself.

Bwana
01-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Next time when he is told to shut his pie hole ... he will.

J ...A...I...L!

Jail ...Jail ... Jail.

Haha.

:spock:

Chiefnj2
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM
“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

rockymtnchief
01-18-2010, 09:21 AM

+1

So, you shouldn't root for the road team?

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

"An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. "

Big difference.

wild1
01-18-2010, 09:23 AM

let us know how resisting and assaulting the cops works out for you.

Brock
01-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Aren't cops great?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:24 AM
"An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. "

Big difference.

Is it a misdemeanor?

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Is it a misdemeanor?

I don't know.

Why?...

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't know.

Why?...

OK.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:30 AM
OK.

Is there a point you're trying to make?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Is there a point you're trying to make?

Nope. Thanks.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Nope. Thanks.

Glad I could help.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Glad I could help.

Just thought it was kind of ironic....

Today is MLK Jr. day.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Just thought it was kind of ironic....

Today is MLK Jr. day.

I don't see the irony.

I see at least one stupid cop and one stupid fan of an NFL team.

I don't see how that relates or compares to MLK in any way...

Brock
01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't see the irony.

Stop talking to retards.

Tits McGee
01-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Kiss freedom of speech goodbye.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Stop talking to retards.

Nearly impossible to do, but I'll try...

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Riiiiight. What were the charges? Stupidity? I didn't know that was a crime.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't see the irony.

Stupidity is a crime?

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Riiiiight. What were the charges? Stupidity? I didn't know that was a crime.

Do you know what he's being charged with?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Stop talking to retards.

Nearly impossible to do, but I'll try...

More irony.

CaliforniaChief
So when that cop is fired can we sign him as a nose tackle?

The Mad Crapper
Do you know what he's being charged with?

Resisting arrest. Isn't that what you said, Rash?

jettio
01-18-2010, 09:48 AM

That depends on which state you are in. In some states the common law rule you quote applies.

I believe in Missouri, you can not assert unlawful arrest as a defense to resisting arrest.

I think what most likely happened is that somebody summoned the police and this guy was pointed out to them by the snitch, the police probably asked the guy to go with them so that they could interview him privately and investigate further. He probably wanted to watch the game where he was since he paid good money to come out and support his team. and then the cops turned their request that he go with them into a command that he go with them and then they turned his refusal to follow that command into justification for an arrest.

If he had went ahead and went with the cops they might have moved him somewhere else to watch the game, or they might have taken him to some office and then he would miss the rest of the game.

The way cops are trained now, whoever called the cops started the problem, because in a situation like that the cops would have a good reason to ask you to go with them to ask questions because the grandstand area has too many people around and they do not want to disrupt watching the game for everybody elase. If you are around a lot of people and the cops ask you to go with them, after they had been summoned there, they are not going to take no for an answer.

Unless the cops arrested him right away on a very vague report, this guy would be better off not planning on suing the cops, but that would all depend on what happened during the part of the incident not shown in the clip.

Lesson learned, do not have too much fun taunting the home team's fans because if one of them calls the cops, you will probably miss the rest of the game.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Resisting arrest. Isn't that what you said, Rash?

I stated that he did resist.

I'm asking you, what is he being charged with...

HemiEd
01-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Its kind of hard to make make out what he did wrong. The video shows him taunting the crowd with his Jets chant. No biggie..

Then it cuts rather abruptly to him getting cuffed. Not sure if the whole story is being shown?

My thoughts exactly, too bad it had to turn out like that.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I stated that he did resist.

I'm asking you, what is he being charged with...

That's a good question, Rash.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:54 AM
That's a good question, Rash.

So you have no fucking clue why he's being arrested but you find it necessary to point out that he's justified in resisting arrest.

Invalidating your whole damned point.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2010, 09:55 AM
That depends on which state you are in. In some states the common law rule you quote applies.

I believe in Missouri, you can not assert unlawful arrest as a defense to resisting arrest.

I think what most likely happened is that somebody summoned the police and this guy was pointed out to them by the snitch, the police probably asked the guy to go with them so that they could interview him privately and investigate further. He probably wanted to watch the game where he was since he paid good money to come out and support his team. and then the cops turned their request that he go with them into a command that he go with them and then they turned his refusal to follow that command into justification for an arrest.

If he had went ahead and went with the cops they might have moved him somewhere else to watch the game, or they might have taken him to some office and then he would miss the rest of the game.

The way cops are trained now, whoever called the cops started the problem, because in a situation like that the cops would have a good reason to ask you to go with them to ask questions because the grandstand area has too many people around and they do not want to disrupt watching the game for everybody elase. If you are around a lot of people and the cops ask you to go with them, after they had been summoned there, they are not going to take no for an answer.

Unless the cops arrested him right away on a very vague report, this guy would be better off not planning on suing the cops, but that would all depend on what happened during the part of the incident not shown in the clip.

Lesson learned, do not have too much fun taunting the home team's fans because if one of them calls the cops, you will probably miss the rest of the game.

The police better have the name and address and a statement from the snitch or else there was no justification to attempt to detain the individual.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:56 AM
So you have no ****ing clue why he's being arrested but you find it necessary to point out that he's justified in resisting arrest.

Invalidating your whole damned point.

Actually, no. I think that validates my point.

Rash.

Redrum_69
01-18-2010, 09:56 AM
The arresting officer is Kaedings cousin...

Rausch
01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Actually, no. I think that validates my point.

Rash.

Well, if your lack of information validates your point of view I'll just have to agree to disagree.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Well, if your lack of information validates your point of view I'll just have to agree to disagree.

Well if your imagination validates your point of view, very well then.

Very well, good ol' good ol'!

COchief
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM

At least one other person noticed this...

Jesus people, God only knows what he said when they arrived. He was also clearly resisting arrest once they tried to cuff him. I bet if he would have been polite and did what they told him nicely nothing would have came of it. Love em or hate em cops have all the power. Not saying he should have been thrown out for taunting, but if a cop tells you to do something you better do it or this will be you.

dtebbe
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't care where you are at.. if it takes 4 cops to put handcuffs on you and then they have to carry you out.. you were resisting arrest.

If he would have went quietly he probably would have been back having another beer in about 15 minutes.

I hope that chic was his sister.. 'cause if some punk-ass cops were roughing me up like that by wife would have gone trailer-park on them :)

DT

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Jesus people, God only knows what he said when they arrived. He was also clearly resisting arrest once they tried to cuff him. I bet if he would have been polite and did what they told him nicely nothing would have came of it. Love em or hate em cops have all the power. Not saying he should have been thrown out for taunting, but if a cop tells you to do something you better do it or this will be you.

The situation wasn't volitile until the 5 fat bodies showed up. Who was the guy a danger too? This is ridiculous.

Lonewolf Ed
01-18-2010, 10:05 AM

I wonder if that was because they knew someone was video recording the incident? And the way they carried him out of there, I wonder if they opened doors with his head.

crazycoffey
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Wrong.

Ever.

this, again is the truth. You're not doing yourself any favors by trying to win the argument during the arrest. Say it over and over to yourself, pound it in your heads, it's the way it is.

Now, I agree with several of you, this looks bad on the cops here, but it also looks like it's hard to judge the cops or the fan, because something is missing from the tape. Oh and - not all cops are the stereotypical "no friends in high school and on a power trip". It's ignorant to continually stand on that platform.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM

Did he assault someone in line to buy a hot dog earlier?

Did he bang some college football fan's wife in the restroom?

We don't know.

All I know is what I see in the video...

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't care where you are at.. if it takes 4 cops to put handcuffs on you and then they have to carry you out.. you were resisting arrest.

If he would have went quietly he probably would have been back having another beer in about 15 minutes.

I hope that chic was his sister.. 'cause if some punk-ass cops were roughing me up like that by wife would have gone trailer-park on them :)

DT

OK, let's look at this rationally shall we?

I see an overzealous fan acting like an asshole (not a crime) and pretty much being ignored by everybody around him.

5 fat bodies show up.

The guy has a look of shocked disbelief on his face.

Cops immediately pounce on the guy likes he's Charles Manson and put handcuffs on him.

So far, I don't see any crime committed.

Then you and Rash tell me that when he gets to court, the judge will say "you're right, the cops had no right to do that and they probably provoked the entire situation, but since you resisted them, I am charging you with a crime."

Huh? This is America, right?

ROFL

Lonewolf Ed
01-18-2010, 10:10 AM

And yet, if you do in fact follow this, batons shall meet with your skull and tasers will send jolts through your body, and while in cuffs you might just accidentally "trip" and fall down a flight of steps. Oopsie, are you okay, sir?

No matter what laws they have in our favor, cops will be cops. Count on it.

COchief
01-18-2010, 10:10 AM
The situation wasn't volitile until the 5 fat bodies showed up. Who was the guy a danger too? This is ridiculous.

I am just saying there is no way you can tell what happened with the tricky editing work. A fan probably told security that a drunken guy was yelling at everyone and throwing beer to overdramatize and they go to investigate and who knows how the first 10-30 seconds of confrontation went. The guy could have told the cops to F off for all anyone knows.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Then you and Rash tell me that when he gets to court, the judge will say "you're right, the cops had no right to do that and they probably provoked the entire situation, but since you resisted them, I am charging you with a crime."

ROFL

I'm telling you that once you resisted your opinion means $#it to a judge and anything they come up with between now and your court date will hold more weight because of it.

I don't know how many witnesses it takes to override the testimony of a cop but I haven't found enough yet...

crazycoffey
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Is resisting a misdemeanor?

yes, what point does that start to make, most assaults, domestic violence, burglaries are all also misdemeanors....

Buck
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Not saying that he did anything, but this video starts less than 10 seconds before he got arrested. I know it takes cops longer than 10 seconds to get to a section to arrest someone. Whatever he did could have been beforehand. I have a hard time believing they arrested someone for no reason.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I am just saying there is no way you can tell what happened with the tricky editing work. A fan probably told security that a drunken guy was yelling at everyone and throwing beer to overdramatize and they go to investigate and who knows how the first 10-30 seconds of confrontation went. The guy could have told the cops to F off for all anyone knows.

Everybody around him was saying "he didn't do anything".

I don't think you will find one person who is going to corroborate any BS the cops come up with.

But whatever. Personally, I think resisting arrest is a normal human reaction when it is so obviously egregious what the cops are doing.

In the land of fruits and nuts where children are kidnapped, raped and held for years and the cops can't even put two and two together and then you see nonsense like this, well...

This is why I am a staunch advocate of the 2nd Amendment. I do not want to live in a world where only fat bodies have guns.

jettio
01-18-2010, 10:15 AM
The police better have the name and address and a statement from the snitch or else there was no justification to attempt to detain the individual.

I think the way police are trained to deal with fans at games are to respond to the report and remove the people who seem to be drawing the most attention or who the other fans point out to them.

I bet the cops are trained to ask people to leave the grandstand so that they could conduct the investigatory interview on the concourse.

Think about the upper level at Arrowhead where the stairs are so steep. If the police are responding to a report, they will feel a lot safer after moving people away from the grandstands and onto the concourse before intervewing them.

Another reason the cops are trained to do that is to minimize the disruption of the game experience for the people who are not involved.

If all this guy did was chant, then the main wrongdoer is the person that called the cops, because then you put a stubborn fan who wants to watch the game into a situation dealing with stubborn cops who expect people to follow their requests as if they were commands and then change their requests into commands.

Lonewolf Ed
01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
I once read that San Diego had the nation's fittest people, yet all the cops that showed up were fat bodies. Why is that? Perhaps the few fatties in San Diego are so tormented by their peers that the only option is to join the police force and once the shoe is on the other foot, start kickin'.

The Mad Crapper
Not saying that he did anything, but this video starts less than 10 seconds before he got arrested. I know it takes cops longer than 10 seconds to get to a section to arrest someone. Whatever he did could have been beforehand. I have a hard time believing they arrested someone for no reason.

Once again, everybody said "he didn't do anything".

petegz28

Agreed.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I think the way police are trained to deal with fans at games are to respond to the report and remove the people who seem to be drawing the most attention or who the other fans point out to them.

I agree. Except in this case the vocal fans around the guy were in support of him, which is really unusual and should have been a tip off to the cops that maybe they were responding to a complaint from a sore loser.

dtebbe
01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
OK, let's look at this rationally shall we?

ROFL

If you've ever been to any court and seen how judges take the words of cops like they come from on-high you would know I'm right. Resisting arrest takes away the .1% chance you have of the judge listening to anything you say.

DT

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I once read that San Diego had the nation's fittest people, yet all the cops that showed up were fat bodies. Why is that?

Was it 4 or 5? Hard to tell. I couldn't tell where one guys ass ended and another cops neck started.

ModSocks
FUCK SD PD.

And im not just saying that because im trying to act like another cop hater either.

These guys are fucking punks. RARELY do you meet one worth half a shit. Im so glad they finally got these assholes on camera treating there citizens like crap.

What you guys just saw, is really how they act on a pretty consistent basis.

Back when i used to live in Northern San Diego, there was a cop, his last name was Ratliff. I was maybe, 12 years old? Anyhow, right above me lived a real nice surfer MILF. Sandy blonde hair, great personality. She had a young daughter, maybe 4-5 yrs old. I would go up there, her daughter and I would play.

The Mother had a drug problem. She would do crystal. She wasn't a junky, but she shouldn't have been doing drugs. She didn't look like a junky, and she took great care of her daughter. They were left by her useless husband.

"Officer" Ratliff would visit this mom once a week. He told the mother that if she didn't fuck him, he would report her drug abuse and have CPS take her daughter. So, she fucked him. I never got to hear the conversations, but every time he showed up, i would have to go downstairs to my apt with her daughter. After Ratliff left, the mom would come down crying to my dad.

Eventually the Department caught up to Ratliff and they busted him for something not related to my story.....but the fact remains...he still did it, and he still got away with it.

rambleonthruthefog
god i hate the f*ckin cops. most of what most cops do is a f*cking waste of time, and a waste to the tax payer.

Buck

Someone definitely said he did something or else the cops wouldn't have been there.

The Mad Crapper
If you've ever been to any court and seen how judges take the words of cops like they come from on-high you would know I'm right. Resisting arrest takes away the .1% chance you have of the judge listening to anything you say.

DT

A couple of ushers could have handled that situation better.

5 cops with guns? Because a fan is being obnoxious? YOu gotta be kidding me.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Someone definitely said he did something or else the cops wouldn't have been there.

Right, they said he was yelling and taunting and acting like a jerk. Not a crime.

5 cops with guns? Handcuffs? You gotta be kidding me. What do these guys do with real criminals?

rambleonthruthefog
01-18-2010, 10:21 AM

you have a hard time believing 5 fat cops overreacted to a situation? and i thought you paid attention. stupid/fat cops do this all the time.

crazycoffey
01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm telling you that once you resisted your opinion means $#it to a judge and anything they come up with between now and your court date will hold more weight because of it.

I don't know how many witnesses it takes to override the testimony of a cop but I haven't found enough yet...

Court is an entirely different ballgame. Depends on jurisdiction, the attorneys and the judge. It's possible the cops and the fan could all be reprimanded for different things.

Again though, this entirely depends on the rest of the circumstances, we don't know why the cops where there or what the original complaint was. It is possible he was identified as a suspect of some real crime other than in his seat, so the other fans may not know the entire story either. Way too little information for any of us to make educated opinions on who did wrong or how.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Resisting arrest takes away the .1% chance you have of the judge listening to anything you say.

DT

And in this case it'll be a judge, not a jury.

You swing your arms to fight the cuffs, you hit two officers, now you have assault added in there (depending on the state.)

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
The game was over. Leave the guy alone. He was a danger to nobody. His wife looked sober and in control so I'm sure everybody would have gotten home safely----

Until SWAT showed up.

ModSocks
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
ANOTHER STORY.

My dad had this big old blue ford truck. 80's something model. Being the jackass that he was, he didn't pay the registration right away. For about 3 months or so, he was driving around and getting fix it tickets, and rightly so.

Eventually he paid his tags, and put the tags on the back of the truck once he got them from DMV. Everything legit.

One morning, we look outside our Hotel room window and there is a fucking pig behind our truck peeling off the registration sticker from the plate.

Yeah, i shit you not.

He was outside peeling the rucking sticker off of the plate. The truck had been registered for maybe a week.

My dad went outside, raised hell. They threw him in the back of the cop car and told him that if he were to say anything the would pull out a warrant for his arrest and have me taken away.

OMFG, and don't even get me started on the way cops have treated ME.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:25 AM
The game was over. Leave the guy alone. He was a danger to nobody. His wife looked sober and in control so I'm sure everybody would have gotten home safely----

Until SWAT showed up.

We don't know what we don't know.

jaa1025
01-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Are you all seriously that stupid? Why blame the cops? The Chargers, like every other team, have a right to kick people out of THEIR stadium. It's on their website, back of tickets etc. This guy was intoxicated and taunting a crowd. Plus, you miss the part that was edited out: Asked by staff to quiet down once, refused. Asked to leave the stadium on his own accord, refused. Officers respond to escort him out and he resists. They arrest him, which he was still resisting and will be charged for resisting.

You think the cops just we're pissed off? No...they probably saved that douche bag from getting the shit kicked out of him. He wouldn't have walked out of the stadium alive if he would have done that shit in Oakland or a handful of other teams.

Lonewolf Ed
01-18-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree. Except in this case the vocal fans around the guy were in support of him, which is really unusual and should have been a tip off to the cops that maybe they were responding to a complaint from a sore loser.

Well, that would require actually thinking, wouldn't it? These are just plain cops, not detectives! LMAO

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:27 AM
ANOTHER STORY.

My dad had this big old blue ford truck. 80's something model. Being the jackass that he was, he didn't pay the registration right away. For about 3 months or so, he was driving around and getting fix it tickets, and rightly so.

Eventually he paid his tags, and put the tags on the back of the truck once he got them from DMV. Everything legit.

One morning, we look outside our Hotel room window and...

crazycoffey
01-18-2010, 10:27 AM

maybe, just maybe, IF he did do something - it wasn't in front of those fans....

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
We don't know what we don't know.

Fair enough.

All I'm saying is, sometimes the cops behavior is so innapropriate and egregious that it is a NORMAL HUMAN REACTION ie fight or flight to resist.

I don't think it's right that the cops can provoke and menace someone into doing what any rat in a skinner box would do.

Cops with guns and handcuffs for a run of the mill heckle and jeckle fan.

Unreal. What a disgrace.

HemiEd
01-18-2010, 10:29 AM

DT

Agreed, he was obviously very drunk.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:30 AM
maybe, just maybe, IF he did do something - it wasn't in front of those fans....

OK well we'll just have to wait and see some follow up I guess. I'm sure the fat bodies will come up with some BS that won't be coroborated by any civilians.

tyler360
01-18-2010, 10:30 AM
The whole cut thing is kinda sketchy but when every fan around them said he was not doing anything that should have been a tip off. I hope this guy gets compensated for this bullshit.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Fair enough.

All I'm saying is, sometimes the cops behavior is so innapropriate and egregious that it is a NORMAL HUMAN REACTION ie fight or flight to resist.

I don't think it's right that the cops can provoke and menace someone into doing what any rat in a skinner box would do.

I can't control someone else's behavior but I can mine.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:33 AM
The whole cut thing is kinda sketchy but when every fan around them said he was not doing anything that should have been a tip off. I hope this guy gets compensated for this bullshit.

It's cut because you can't leave the phone running on film for more than a few minutes. Was he warned previously? I doubt it because all the fans in the area would have been saying "he should have listened" "it's his own fault" etc.

They were all in shock and disbelief, as was the Jets fan.

crazycoffey
01-18-2010, 10:34 AM
OK well we'll just have to wait and see some follow up I guess. I'm sure the fat bodies will come up with some BS that won't be coroborated by any civilians.

I'm just trying to point out that we don't have all the information to really have a legitimate debate on this incident. I do agree that the video looks bad, and that there are retards in all walks of life in every profession and those FEW always make the rest look bad....

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:34 AM
I can't control someone else's behavior but I can mine.

Sometimes you can't control your behavior. You've never experienced fight or flight?

fan4ever
01-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm not too much in either direction on this whole thing...I see both sides. I just don't get the taunting thing...which I assume led to this whole mess. Maybe the guy took a ton of crap during the game (I've had stuff thrown at me for wearing a Chief's jersey to a San Diego game and all I was doing was sitting) so maybe once the tide turned in the game he felt he could sound off...but I don't get how you think you're going to get away with that behaviour one way or another in somebody else's stadium. Somebody probably told a cop there was a guy in seat whatever who's trying to start a fight or something...and things took their course.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm just trying to point out that we don't have all the information to really have a legitimate debate on this incident. I do agree that the video looks bad, and that there are retards in all walks of life in every profession and those FEW always make the rest look bad....

The thing is you read about that girl who was kidnapped and raped for years by a convicted sex felon, and how the cops and the courts just totally botched it, then you see something like this.

Come on, now.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Sometimes you can't control your behavior. You've never experienced fight or flight?

At a football game?

No...

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm not too much in either direction on this whole thing...I see both sides. I just don't get the taunting thing...which I assume led to this whole mess. Maybe the guy took a ton of crap during the game (I've had stuff thrown at me for wearing a Chief's jersey to a San Diego game and all I was doing was sitting) so maybe once the tide turned in the game he felt he could sound off...but I don't get how you think you're going to get away with that behaviour one way or another in somebody else's stadium. Somebody probably told a cop there was a guy in seat whatever who's trying to start a fight or something...and things took their course.

I'm with you. You have a choice whether or not to drink,,, and if you get drunk in a strange environment, you leave yourself vulnerable to bad shit.

MOhillbilly
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
i think alot of people live in self made bubbles.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:38 AM
i think alot of people live in self made bubbles.

I'ma check into that technology once it's possible...

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:38 AM
At a football game?

No...

Then again 5 fat bodies didn't menace you and try to put handcuffs on you in front of your wife.

soopamanluva
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Looks like typical cops to me

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm with you. You have a choice whether or not to drink,,, and if you get drunk in a strange environment, you leave yourself vulnerable to bad shit.

Indeed.

I've done pretty much that consistently for the last 15 years.

And if you're going to do it learn how to minimize the damage and keep your ass out of the fire...

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Then again 5 fat bodies didn't menace you and try to put handcuffs on you in front of your wife.

There's probably a good reason why...

crazycoffey
01-18-2010, 10:44 AM
The thing is you read about that girl who was kidnapped and raped for years by a convicted sex felon, and how the cops and the courts just totally botched it, then you see something like this.

Come on, now.

I understand what you're saying, but most of that is also on the system. We have a pretty darn good system overall, it has a lot of leeway to innocence in this country's legal process, and that's a good thing for the most part. But it's very frustrating to know someone is guilty and they get off the hook because of a technicality in the paperwork. However that case, it's a whole different ball of wax, different crime, different everything. (and I promise the cops/judges involved feel similar to me/us)

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Indeed.

I've done pretty much that consistently for the last 15 years.

And if you're going to do it learn how to minimize the damage and keep your ass out of the fire...

I just think if an usher went down there and talked to his wife and said something it would have been a totally different outcome.

It looks like those cops provoked the whole thing. The only time I've ever seen teh cops have to escort somebody out of the stadium was after the person already got physical or violent with security, usher or other fan.

I've never seen cops bullrush a fan like that for being obnoxious. Never.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Come on, now.

No, you're right, I totally see the connection...

MOhillbilly
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I'ma check into that technology once it's possible...
Im just sayin if some of these people bitchin about cops had to deal with 10% of what cops deal with on a weekly basis they might change there militant stance.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
No, you're right, I totally see the connection...

Do you work for the government? If you do, I understand why it's like being a fish out of water for you. But when people like me who work for a living and pay taxes that pay cops salaries, and instead of going after real criminals, they set up roadblocks and target you on your way home from work for not wearing a seatbelt, then yeah, it makes alot of sense.

Rash.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Im just sayin if some of these people bitchin about cops had to deal with 10% of what cops deal with on a weekly basis they might change there militant stance.

Oh please, ust stop it already. Those cops could have left that guy alone and he would just gone home. The game was over.

Cops don't want to deal with what they deal with, then get a job doing something else. Don't take out your frustration on a drunken fan.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
There's probably a good reason why...

You're making an assumption.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 10:54 AM

I'm pretty confident in why I haven't been maced, handcuffed, or arrested at a football game.

01-18-2010, 10:56 AM

I'm not bitchin about cops in general. Im bitchin about the SD police. Ive been to that stadium before. they threatened a guy throwing a football with his kid in the parking lot. they told him to stop throwing the ball or get fined.. and no bottle allowed in the parking lot or a $250 fine.

I dont know where you live..but uh that pathetic where I come from.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty confident in why I haven't been maced, handcuffed, or arrested at a football game.

Me too. But at the same time, I don't think just because I know how to behave and somebody else gets a little over enthusiastic that cops with guns and handcuffs have the right to beat the guy up and arrest him on made up BS.

But hey, you seem to be ok with it so I'll do what I have to do and you do what you have to do. Peace.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm not bitchin about cops in general. Im bitchin about the SD police. Ive been to that stadium before. they threatened a guy throwing a football with his kid in the parking lot. they told him to stop throwing the ball or get fined.. and no bottle allowed in the parking lot or a $250 fine.

I dont know where you live..but uh that pathetic where I come from.

Dude, can you imagine NJ state troopers taking a fan out of the stadium like that just for yelling and being obnoxious? They would need an army.

ROFL

crazycoffey
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM

don't forget to look in the mirror there...

Rausch
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Do you work for the government? If you do, I understand why it's like being a fish out of water for you. But when people like me who work for a living and pay taxes that pay cops salaries, and instead of going after real criminals, they set up roadblocks and target you on your way home from work for not wearing a seatbelt, then yeah, it makes alot of sense.

Rash.

I wouldn't really know.

My parents were both born wealthy and I've spent most of my formative years reaping the benefits. After grad school I toured Europe for 9 months and then came back to find I was flung out on my own.

Try as I might this arcadian lifestyle is more than I can bear.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
don't forget to look in the mirror there...

I do. Based on the evidence, I believe my assumption is much more legitimate. I don't see anything in that video that suggests I should give the fat bodies the benefit of the doubt.

It was one guy. It wasn't a mob. His wife was sober. If he's not cooperating, tell his wife to get him the hell out of there. That wasn't an option apparently.

MOhillbilly
01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh please, ust stop it already. Those cops could have left that guy alone and he would just gone home. The game was over.

Cops don't want to deal with what they deal with, then get a job doing something else. Don't take out your frustration on a drunken fan.

do you wanna deal with your job?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't really know.

My parents were both born wealthy and I've spent most of my formative years reaping the benefits. After grad school I toured Europe for 9 months and then came back to find I was flung out on my own.

Try as I might this arcadian lifestyle is more than I can bear.

I see. You're a beauracrat and you are too ashamed to admit it.

01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Dude, can you imagine NJ state troopers taking a fan out of the stadium like that just for yelling and being obnoxious? They would need an army.

ROFL

My friend (a Dolphin fan) got thrown out of Giants stadium when the Dolphins beat us the last game of the season last year. they didnt arrest him, they just (lol) threw him out! haha!

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
do you wanna deal with your job?

What the hell does that even mean? My job sucks, that doesn't give me the right to corner a drunk with my buddies and beat the shit out of him.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
I see. You're a beauracrat and you are too ashamed to admit it.

Guilty as charged...

Brock
01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
My friend (a Dolphin fan) got thrown out of Giants stadium when the Dolphins beat us the last game of the season last year. they didnt arrest him, they just (lol) threw him out! haha!

I wonder what would have happened if he had resisted.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:06 AM

Exactly. The ushers/security always give a final warning "If I have to come back here, I'm bringing the State Troopers" that's usually the cue to cut the shit or go home. If not, oh well dumbass.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
I wonder what would have happened if he had resisted.

Security would have gotten the state troopers.

Brock
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Security would have gotten the state troopers.

And then?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Guilty as charged...

You have PBA cards in your wallet, too I bet.

LMAO

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:09 AM
And then?

I didn't see anybody in that video give him the option of leaving before the fat bodies showed up with ill intent.

Brock
01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
I didn't see anybody in that video give him the option of leaving before the fat bodies showed up with ill intent.

The video doesn't show what happened when the police arrived.

Back to my question, after security got the NJ state troopers, what then?

Rausch
01-18-2010, 11:12 AM
You have PBA cards in your wallet, too I bet.

LMAO

PBA?

01-18-2010, 11:13 AM

You get thrown out.

01-18-2010, 11:14 AM
PBA?

Police benevolent association card. (a get out of jail free card) I guess they dont have them in the midwest.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:16 AM

Uh... no Brick. Let's stop playing games shall we? Everbody around the guy was in shock and saying 'HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING'.

Very well, Brick. The state troopers would have arrested him and the stadium would have given him the Bronx cheer on the way out

ASSHOLE .... ASSHOLE....ASSHOLE....

But nobody was giving that Jets fan the Bronx Cheer, they were giving his wife there name and number to be witnesses for him.

You dope.

01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
and I go to the game with a state trooper..lol..so um nothing would happen to me :D

Brock
Very well, Brick. The state troopers would have arrested him and the stadium would have given him the Bronx cheer on the way out

Okay, so now you can finally shut the fuck up about it. SD fans probably aren't quite the assholes the Guidos back east are.

Wow. Looks pretty absurd. It's too bad they wouldn't listen to the fans around them. It's also too bad he resisted. Once he did that there was no hope for him at all. I think taking the SD fan out of the game at the end was dumbass though. So now it is wrong to support a person peacefully too?

The Mad Crapper
and I go to the game with a state trooper..lol..so um nothing would happen to me :D

:#

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Change you can believe in.

LMAO What an absolutely retarded post.

SDChiefs

San Diego cops are assholes. For that I can attest. You would think, having as little crime as it has, they would be a lot nicer.

ModSocks

What?

Rausch
Police benevolent association card. (a get out of jail free card) I guess they dont have them in the midwest.

No, we're expected to abide by real laws here, not monopoly rules...

01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Okay, so now you can finally shut the **** up about it. SD fans probably aren't quite the assholes the Guidos back east are.

who are the guidos you're referring to? my buddy the state trooper is an italian american..lol..you would be thrown out, I can assure you

ROFL

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Okay, so now you can finally shut the **** up about it. SD fans probably aren't quite the assholes the Guidos back east are.

Very well Brick. Now throw a temper tantrum for good measure.

You dope.

01-18-2010, 11:20 AM
No, we're expected to abide by real laws here, not monopoly rules...

What are you talking about? you ever speed?

Brock
01-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Very well Brick. Now throw a temper tantrum for good measure.

You dope.

Yeah, you keep on fighting the power there, Raheem.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, you keep on fighting the power there, Raheem.

Guido's... Raheem...

:hmmm:

01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
This is why the fan snitch policy does not work.

RedThat
01-18-2010, 11:23 AM

Not even close. Its very discomforting watching a game out east. Especially Philly.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 11:23 AM
What are you talking about? you ever speed?

You ever bang a girl under age?

01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
You ever bang a girl under age?

Come on dude, dont go full retard on me. if youre gonna put something down you have no clue about at least try and be civil instead of being clueless.

Sure-Oz
01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
wtf was that

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Come on dude, dont go full retard on me. if youre gonna put something down you have no clue about at least try and be civil instead of being clueless.

I know, right? LMAO

FAX
01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
The Night Of The Long Kicks.

Sanchez better watch out or the same thing could happen to his family.

FAX

Rausch
01-18-2010, 11:30 AM

WTF are you asking?

Hell, a drug charge brings you more than a stat-rape. If you're honestly asking me if I take/make meth then I should be able to feel comfortable in asking about your pedophelia.

And I feel completely confident in anything I've "put down."

If you're asking if I press on the pedal then yeah, I done a bit 'o that.

01-18-2010, 11:38 AM
WTF are you asking?

Hell, a drug charge brings you more than a stat-rape. If you're honestly asking me if I take/make meth then I should be able to feel comfortable in asking about your pedophelia.

And I feel completely confident in anything I've "put down."

If you're asking if I press on the pedal then yeah, I done a bit 'o that.

I asked you if you speed in a car you fucking moron..lol..you have the guilt trip on drugs, not me.

dtebbe
01-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Until SWAT showed up.

Super Wide Ass Tubby?

DT

01-18-2010, 11:40 AM
well, pressing the pedal and speeding is what I was talking about. :D and you can get outta that jam with one of them cards. it wont help you with a dui or anything serious.

DaFace
01-18-2010, 11:41 AM
This is why the fan snitch policy does not work.

I think it can work to alert people that there MAY be a problem, but they shouldn't go arresting people unless they have been sitting there and observing the behavior themselves for a while.

Brock
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Guido's... Raheem...

:hmmm:

We all know if the guy was black you wouldn't give a shit about this.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
We all know if the guy was black you wouldn't give a shit about this.

Of course he would.

That black guy banged his sister...

01-18-2010, 11:57 AM
I think it can work to alert people that there MAY be a problem, but they shouldn't go arresting people unless they have been sitting there and observing the behavior themselves for a while.Unfortunately, we will never know.

Rausch
01-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I asked you if you speed in a car you ****ing moron..lol..you have the guilt trip on drugs, not me.

Yeah, I do speed (in the car.)

And I have no guilt trip on drugs.

Johnny Vegas
01-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Stupidity is a crime?

could be considered disorderly conduct?

RustShack
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
I wonder why I've never heard anything positive about Police except by them in school. Oh thats right they are all retarded douchebags that got picked on in school for being big faggots.

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Serves the guy right. If you go into another team's stadium and start acting like an asshat, you should be prepared for anything that comes your way.

Most likely this guy was asked to leave (off camera of course) and smarted off or said no. It's well within NFL Fan Code of Cunduct rules to have ejected this guy. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809c28f9&template=without-video&confirm=true

Fan code of conduct

"The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

» Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.

» Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.

» Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.

» Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field).

» Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel.

» Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans.

"Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games."

Resisting arrest is now serious enough to charge this guy with an actual crime. Even funnier is that the officers now have video proof of thanks to a fan that taped it. You don't have to agree with the rules, but you do have to obey them.

Jack
01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
I once read that San Diego had the nation's fittest people, yet all the cops that showed up were fat bodies. Why is that? Perhaps the few fatties in San Diego are so tormented by their peers that the only option is to join the police force and once the shoe is on the other foot, start kickin'.

That comes from the huge number of USN sailors stationed there. . .

Valiant
01-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Yeah no shit.. San Diego fans on a whole get some new found respect out of me.. That is stand up in them defending a rival fan from some prick ass cops.. Hopefully this makes it to the news stations over there..

Valiant
01-18-2010, 12:43 PM

Generally you are right.. But video plus almost everyone around him who is a rival fan defending the guy will probably help, especially if it catches wave on local news there..

Johnny Vegas
01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah no shit.. San Diego fans on a whole get some new found respect out of me.. That is stand up in them defending a rival fan from some prick ass cops.. Hopefully this makes it to the news stations over there..

If the judge is human, like the rest of us felt after watching the video, will make the just call.

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 12:57 PM
If the judge is human, like the rest of us felt after watching the video, will make the just call.

I don't know.. in the video I just watched, I saw a guy that was in fact resisting arrest. Had he gone quietly it probably wouldn't have been an issue at all. The fact that the fans around his immediate area weren't bothered by his behavior doesn't give him a free pass to disobey the law.

Besides, judges are not human. Look at Judge Judy.. :)

jettio
01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
If that fella traveled to the game from out of state, I would hope that the police and prosecutor would not bother to bring charges.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't know.. in the video I just watched, I saw a guy that was in fact resisting arrest. Had he gone quietly it probably wouldn't have been an issue at all. The fact that the fans around his immediate area weren't bothered by his behavior doesn't give him a free pass to disobey the law.

Besides, judges are not human. Look at Judge Judy.. :)

What was the underlying crime he was being arrested for?

jaa1025
01-18-2010, 01:35 PM
What was the underlying crime he was being arrested for?

He's on private property for one so the Chargers and any other NFL team can ask you to leave if you are not following the rules governing all fans that attend games. You can safely assume that he was asked to either quiet down or leave. You can also safely assume that he refused to cooperate and continued to be a disturbance. The PD/Security likely we're called to assist in removing the drunk and he resisted, therefore, he will likely be charged for not only disturbing the peace but also resisting arrest.

You don't have a right to act like a complete idiot and games when it interferes with the public that's around you. That's how you get to the point where you see big brawls in the stands start. All this dipshit had to do was quiet down or leave, now he will have to deal with fines/time in jail.

It never stops to amaze me on peoples ignorance towards laws and amendment rights. They claim to have freedom of speach, which we all do, but when it gets to the point of potentially causing a disturbance it is stopped. Not only that, you are on private property...they have the right to kick you out for any reason they deem fit.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
He's on private property for one so the Chargers and any other NFL team can ask you to leave if you are not following the rules governing all fans that attend games. You can safely assume that he was asked to either quiet down or leave. You can also safely assume that he refused to cooperate and continued to be a disturbance. The PD/Security likely we're called to assist in removing the drunk and he resisted, therefore, he will likely be charged for not only disturbing the peace but also resisting arrest.

You don't have a right to act like a complete idiot and games when it interferes with the public that's around you. That's how you get to the point where you see big brawls in the stands start. All this dipshit had to do was quiet down or leave, now he will have to deal with fines/time in jail.

It never stops to amaze me on peoples ignorance towards laws and amendment rights. They claim to have freedom of speach, which we all do, but when it gets to the point of potentially causing a disturbance it is stopped. Not only that, you are on private property...they have the right to kick you out for any reason they deem fit.

So you don't know. According to the people around him on the video he wasn't doing anything. If he was drunk and unruly why were people telling the police he didn't do anything? Why were people giving his wife/girlfriend their info? Rooting "Jets, Jets, Jets" isn't causing a disturbance.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 01:43 PM
He's on private property for one so...
You don't have a right to act like a complete idiot ...

I don't know.. in the video I just watched, I saw a guy that was in fact resisting arrest

So everybody who exhibits similar behavior at a sporting event should be ganged up on by fat bodies, handcuffed, and dragged out of the stadium?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
This is what unruly fan behavior looks like, San Diego fat bodies...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYpPKk5TEX0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYpPKk5TEX0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kcfanXIII
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Wrong.

Ever.

this and when you have your day in court, you see to it that none of these power hungry dicktards are never allowed to wear a badge again. let their families starve while they struggle to make it as a security guard at some san diego mall.

Gravedigger
01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Looks like a law suit waiting to happen to me. California goes deeper into debt.

Johnny Vegas
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM

just a ? Why do you assume he's drunk? Is this the case for a lot of mishandled situations? Assume he's drunk just to get 8 cops on 1 guy and all try and beat each other to who gets to cuff him first?

Gravedigger
01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
The only thing that makes this not credible is the fact that the video jumps from him screaming Jets Jets Jets to him partially on the floor. BUT when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Arrest them! They are celebrating and playing drums real loud!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qobi_S2E9MI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qobi_S2E9MI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kcfanXIII
01-18-2010, 01:57 PM
FUCK SD PD.

And im not just saying that because im trying to act like another cop hater either.

These guys are fucking punks. RARELY do you meet one worth half a shit. Im so glad they finally got these assholes on camera treating there citizens like crap.

Back when i used to live in Northern San Diego, there was a cop, his last name was Ratliff. I was maybe, 12 years old? Anyhow, right above me lived a real nice surfer MILF. Sandy blonde hair, great personality. She had a young daughter, maybe 4-5 yrs old. I would go up there, her daughter and I would play.

The Mother had a drug problem. She would do crystal. She wasn't a junky, but she shouldn't have been doing drugs. She didn't look like a junky, and she took great care of her daughter. They were left by her useless husband.

"Officer" Ratliff would visit this mom once a week. He told the mother that if she didn't fuck him, he would report her drug abuse and have CPS take her daughter. So, she fucked him. I never got to hear the conversations, but every time he showed up, i would have to go downstairs to my apt with her daughter. After Ratliff left, the mom would come down crying to my dad.

Eventually the Department caught up to Ratliff and they busted him for something not related to my story.....but the fact remains...he still did it, and he still got away with it.

and was probably allowed to get a job on another police force somewhere, so he could abuse his badge more. should have been charged with rape, and dropped into general population. the same place all over zealous cops deserve to go.

jaa1025
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
So everybody who exhibits similar behavior at a sporting event should be ganged up on by fat bodies, handcuffed, and dragged out of the stadium?

If they refuse to stop exhibiting that behavior and refuse to leave the stadium on their own accord. It's no different that you going to Walmart and start acting a fool and they ask you to leave and you don't. What do you think is going to happen?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 02:06 PM
If they refuse to stop exhibiting that behavior and refuse to leave the stadium on their own accord.

Where and when did he receive a warning? You've never seen anybody act like that during or after a football game? Who was he harming? He was making a jackass out of himself but he wasn't a threat to anybody.

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 02:09 PM

If they are breaking the code of conduct and they refuse to leave when asked to do so by security and/or police officers, then yes. Do you think police officers should pull over all speeders or just some?

ClevelandBronco
01-18-2010, 02:10 PM
**** SD PD.

These guys are ****ing punks. RARELY do you meet one worth half a shit. Im so glad they finally got these assholes on camera treating there citizens like crap.

"Officer" Ratliff would visit this mom once a week. He told the mother that if she didn't **** him, he would report her drug abuse and have CPS take her daughter. So, she ****ed him. I never got to hear the conversations, but every time he showed up, i would have to go downstairs to my apt with her daughter. After Ratliff left, the mom would come down crying to my dad.

It's good to see that weed hasn't clouded your mind.

morphius
01-18-2010, 02:10 PM
So you don't know. According to the people around him on the video he wasn't doing anything. If he was drunk and unruly why were people telling the police he didn't do anything? Why were people giving his wife/girlfriend their info? Rooting "Jets, Jets, Jets" isn't causing a disturbance.
Yup, if he was being a real ass the people would have been cheering on the police and laughing at the guy.

DJJasonp
01-18-2010, 02:11 PM
If they refuse to stop exhibiting that behavior and refuse to leave the stadium on their own accord. It's no different that you going to Walmart and start acting a fool and they ask you to leave and you don't. What do you think is going to happen?

a horrible analogy....its a public sporting event where (god forbid) loud noises just might occur.

it scares the hell out of me to see just how easily some, in this country, are willing to neglect/forget about their rights as citizens.....and how a culture of not questioning our leaders and civil servants has apparently grown ten-fold in the past decade

Sure-Oz
01-18-2010, 02:12 PM
The guy definetly shouldn't have resisted, but with emotions that high i think most would have a 'wtf' moment...

I am curious how all this unfolds.

The Mad Crapper
If they are breaking the code of conduct and they refuse to leave when asked to do so by security and/or police officers, then yes.

Nothing in that video suggests your "if".

When dozens of fans surrounding this guy are saying "he didn't do anything" that would be an implication that your "if" never occurred.

Everybody looks shocked at what the cops are doing.

Pushead2
Where and when did he receive a warning? You've never seen anybody act like that during or after a football game? Who was he harming? He was making a jackass out of himself but he wasn't a threat to anybody.

Agreed, another perfect example of the badge going to the brain.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
a horrible analogy....its a public sporting event where (god forbid) loud noises just might occur.

it scares the hell out of me to see just how easily some, in this country, are willing to neglect/forget about their rights as citizens.....and how a culture of not questioning our leaders and civil servants has apparently grown ten-fold in the past decade

:clap:

Chiefnj2
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
If they are breaking the code of conduct and they refuse to leave when asked to do so by security and/or police officers, then yes. Do you think police officers should pull over all speeders or just some?

You are one of those fans that gets mad when someone makes noise when the defense is on the field.

jaa1025
01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
just a ? Why do you assume he's drunk? Is this the case for a lot of mishandled situations? Assume he's drunk just to get 8 cops on 1 guy and all try and beat each other to who gets to cuff him first?

1) It's not hard to tell that the guy has been drinking by his demeanor and actions.

2) Two cops went into try to escort him out. He started refusing which is when they went to cuff him.

3) The Sgt in front was trying to talk to him but once he started refusing the cuffing he got involved. When that didn't work because of the environment, ie stadium seats and multiple people in close proximity, more came to help.

And the multiple cops are there for officer safety. Not necessarily from this guy but also others in the crowd. They need to keep the peace during the arrest. Greater numbers of officers lessens the possibility of other people getting stupid and doing something that they regret. It also lessens the likelihood that the individual would resist...which obviously didn't work.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 02:18 PM
1) It's not hard to tell that the guy has been drinking by his demeanor and actions.

2) Two cops went into try to escort him out. He started refusing which is when they went to cuff him.

3) The Sgt in front was trying to talk to him but once he started refusing the cuffing he got involved. When that didn't work because of the environment, ie stadium seats and multiple people in close proximity, more came to help.

And the multiple cops are there for officer safety. Not necessarily from this guy but also others in the crowd. They need to keep the peace during the arrest. Greater numbers of officers lessens the possibility of other people getting stupid and doing something that they regret. It also lessens the likelihood that the individual would resist...which obviously didn't work.

ROFL

If the cops don't show up, that guy runs out of steam and everybody goes home. He wasn't a threat to anybody he was just making an ass out of himself.

YOu want every person who makes an ass out of themself at a sports event to get arrested?

jaa1025
01-18-2010, 02:20 PM
So if you go into a Raiders stadium and start yelling "Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!" over and over again, after we just ripped your hearts out then you would hope your ass would get escorted out because if the cops wouldn't be there, you'd likely be shanked.

I have a friend that's unfortunately a raiders fan that did this in Arrowhead this year as we we're walking out of the stadium and he got punched by a fan and confronted by a few others as we we're leaving. It could have easily escalated to worse, which is exactly what these cops try to prevent. Just because a few people around him we're questioning the arrest doesn't mean anything. I'm sure there we're a few around him that we're annoyed....would you have been?

jaa1025
01-18-2010, 02:23 PM
ROFL

If the cops don't show up, that guy runs out of steam and everybody goes home. He wasn't a threat to anybody he was just making an ass out of himself.

YOu want every person who makes an ass out of themself at a sports event to get arrested?

Lol...never been to Oakland have you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws7ktcz0_sM

Ironically, that is from San Diego not Oakland.

This is why there are stadium rules.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
So if you go into a Raiders stadium and start yelling "Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!" over and over again, after we just ripped your hearts out then you would hope your ass would get escorted out because if the cops wouldn't be there, you'd likely be shanked.

When was the last time somebody got stabbed at a Raiders game? And that's the san diego cops defense for arresting this guy?

Pushead2
01-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Prison rules.....

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 02:25 PM

What does Oakland have to do with San Diego? Hey, why not talk about fan violence in England or better yet, Beirut?

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Nothing in that video suggests your "if".

When dozens of fans surrounding this guy are saying "he didn't do anything" that would be an implication that your "if" never occurred.

Everybody looks shocked at what the cops are doing.

The fact that they were there at all suggests that something did happen or someone reported him. I seriously doubt the police were out there targeting Jets fans for the heck of it.

It is hard to tell exactly what occurred since the video was obviously edited/stopped. Just from the short part of the video where he is chanting, I see a few rules they could have used to ask him to leave:

» Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.

I won't attempt to interpret or justify which rules could apply, since I doubt we would agree on that in any case, but once the officers were there, he certainly made a poor decision by resisting. Is it possible that someone ratted him out and the security/police officers assumed he was being disruptive? Absolutely. Best just to go quietly and sort things out later.

I would also say that while the people around him looked shocked, there were several cheers when he was taken out as well. We really don't know since we don't have the full story.

Goldmember
01-18-2010, 02:35 PM
This shit should only happen to Raiderfans and Donkeyfans

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 02:36 PM
You are one of those fans that gets mad when someone makes noise when the defense is on the field.

No, not at all. I am one of those fans that know when it's best to do what you are told to do by security or police officers.

Hint: the answer is ALWAYS

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 02:41 PM

I think questioning your leaders and civil servants is great. I do not however see the value in putting up a fight with the police. When has this ever worked out well for anyone? Let's also not forget this is a freaking football game we are talking about here. I don't exactly think this is suppressing free speech here. ROFL

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I think questioning your leaders and civil servants is great. I do not however see the value in putting up a fight with the police. When has this ever worked out well for anyone? Let's also not forget this is a freaking football game we are talking about here. I don't exactly think this is suppressing free speech here. ROFL

Awesome, we can all sleep better tonight knowing that justice was done.

Radar Chief
01-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Awesome, we can all sleep better tonight knowing that justice was done.

Regardless of right or wrong, fair or not, when the cops come tell you it’s time to leave you have two choices, the window or the stairs.

kcfanXIII
01-18-2010, 02:58 PM

nearly every fan i've encountered at nfl games, could be ejected from the stadium based on this criteria. cops do not have absolute power. and any cop that treats a citizen that way, deserves to have the words "crooked cop" tattooed on their forehead, and dropped into general population. then have their homes burnt down causing their family to be homeless, and force wife to turn tricks to pay the bill at the motel 6. (i don't hate all cops, just the ones that think their badge gives them the right to be, well, assholes)

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:05 PM
San Diego's finest protected it's citizenry once again!

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Regardless of right or wrong, fair or not, when the cops come tell you it’s time to leave you have two choices, the window or the stairs.

I don't think he had that choice but that's just me. San Diego is safe once again!

SDChiefs
01-18-2010, 03:10 PM
One was just arrested for holding a prostitute hostage trying to get her to sleep with him or he would turn her in. Oceanside PD not too long ago shot into a car wounding an unarmed woman and her 8 year old son. Here in Temecula and off duty police officer got into a dispute with a couple of guys. Got pissed, pulled out his gun shot one in the back of the head (as they were trying to run away) and the other in his ass and leg. Bunch of winners here.

kcfanXIII
01-18-2010, 03:15 PM
One was just arrested for holding a prostitute hostage trying to get her to sleep with him or he would turn her in. Oceanside PD not too long ago shot into a car wounding an unarmed woman and her 8 year old son. Here in Temecula and off duty police officer got into a dispute with a couple of guys. Got pissed, pulled out his gun shot one in the back of the head (as they were trying to run away) and the other in his ass and leg. Bunch of winners here.

well these people all deserved to have the cops shoot them, they weren't obeying unquestionably like they are supposed to.

SDChiefs
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM
well these people all deserved to have the cops shoot them, they weren't obeying unquestionably like they are supposed to.

The worst part is, in neither of the last two instances the cops got in trouble. The Oceanside incident they spun it that she was on drugs so the cop was justified. Really? How did he know she was on drugs. He was in his car, she was in hers. So she almost hit his vehicle. Thats reason enough to shoot her and her 8 year old. The Temecula one I have not heard anything about since. Im guessing the officer never got in trouble.

RJ
01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Being a loudmouthed, obnoxious Jets fan is probably not against the law.

Disclaimer: I am not licensed to practice law in California. Or anywhere else.

Those cops were being pricks and they were making sure to do so.

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
nearly every fan i've encountered at nfl games, could be ejected from the stadium based on this criteria. cops do not have absolute power. and any cop that treats a citizen that way, deserves to have the words "crooked cop" tattooed on their forehead, and dropped into general population. then have their homes burnt down causing their family to be homeless, and force wife to turn tricks to pay the bill at the motel 6. (i don't hate all cops, just the ones that think their badge gives them the right to be, well, assholes)

I agree, those are pretty broad rules in the code of conduct. I think in the big picture they do a pretty good job of letting the fans have fun until it gets out of hand.

kcxiv
01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
i didnt see anyone resisting, i seen people asking what he ws being arrested for and about 5 fat cops falling on him so he couldnt get up. Yep, thats what iseen. lol

01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
This is why I would never draw any attention to myself in a rival teams stadium. Just sit there and quietly enjoy watching my team embarrass them.

Radar Chief
01-18-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't think he had that choice but that's just me. San Diego is safe once again!

I can see my classic comedy movie reference is completely lost here.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:31 PM

The worst part is, in neither of the last two instances the cops got in trouble. The Oceanside incident they spun it that she was on drugs so the cop was justified. Really? How did he know she was on drugs. He was in his car, she was in hers. So she almost hit his vehicle. Thats reason enough to shoot her and her 8 year old. The Temecula one I have not heard anything about since. Im guessing the officer never got in trouble.

Check this shit out

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Hollywood-Cover-Up-Cops-to-Be-Fired-80853452.html

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:32 PM
This is why I would never draw any attention to myself in a rival teams stadium. Just sit there and quietly enjoy watching my team embarrass them.

I'm with you. Act like a gentleman.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM

What movie?

01-18-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm with you. Act like a gentleman.Well, that is not exactly what I mean but it is along the same lines. Should we have to act mundane in a sports stadium? Absolutely not. But in this day and age, where people get offended just because you root for the other team, it is just not worth getting kicked out for. If you want to be loud and boisterous then you need to be in a group of people rather than all alone. He was a an easy target and got wronged by a fan that couldn't handle having a person feel that strongly about his team.

KCChiefsMan
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I hope those cops die, seriously.

T-post Tom
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I wonder how many times they bounced his head on the concrete going out.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Well, that is not exactly what I mean but it is along the same lines. Should we have to act mundane in a sports stadium? Absolutely not. But in this day and age, where people get offended just because you root for the other team, it is just not worth getting kicked out for. If you want to be loud and boisterous then you need to be in a group of people rather than all alone. He was a an easy target and got wronged by a fan that couldn't handle having a person feel that strongly about his team.

ABsolutely. The cops picked on a vulnerable and easy target.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I wonder how many times they bounced his head on the concrete going out.

Alot?

01-18-2010, 03:40 PM
ABsolutely. The cops picked on a vulnerable and easy target.It started with a fan making a call though. I have no doubt in that.

FAX
01-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Check this shit out

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Hollywood-Cover-Up-Cops-to-Be-Fired-80853452.html

Wow. Getting fired is one thing, but these guys should see jail time.

FAX

stanleychief
01-18-2010, 03:42 PM
If I only had a dollar for every assumption being made..

Iowanian
01-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I had a donkey fan about like that behind me in Arrowhead once. He was loud as hell, pretty annoying, but he wasn't swearing, he wasn't taunting anyone specific....he was doing what I thought was what he was allowed with the price of his ticket. He did the annoying IN-Com-Plete thing and all.

Someone in the section complained, security came to talk to him and take him away. I explained to them that he was annoying and that he obviously made poor life decisions, like rooting for the broncos but that he sure didn't deserve to get kicked out. other people also piped up after I did and he was allowed to stay.

Then, as chance would have it, the Chiefs turned things around and we heckled him mercilessly for the remainder of the game.

From what I saw, they had no reason to be acting like that to this guy, but once they were taking him out, he shouldn't have fought like that.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 03:45 PM
If I only had a dollar for every assumption being made..

LIke I said we'll just have to wait for a follow up story.

The game was going to end eventually and that guy would have just left.

Radar Chief
01-18-2010, 03:45 PM
What movie?

Guess. It’s from the late ‘80’s.

From the same movie.

Willie: Heard you screaming all the way down the alley.
Leonard: I wasn’t screaming! Alright?
Willie: Yes you was.
Leonard: I said I wasn’t screaming! I was whistling!
Willie: You was what?
Leonard: I said I was whistling for you!
Willie: You was whistling, “Willie, help, get this bitch off me”?