PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Former Chief Allen is a big hit in Minnesota

T-post Tom
01-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Former Chief Allen is a big hit in Minnesota
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

MINNEAPOLIS | It’s impossible to avoid the larger-than-life persona of Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen in the Twin Cities.

Step off the plane, and there’s Allen’s purple Vikings jersey hanging on the wall at the security checkpoint. Walk past Mall of America Field, and a poster of Allen’s menacing visage stares from the stadium walls.

Tune in Thursday nights and listen to his weekly radio show, or turn on the television and watch him pop on as a guest on the Vikings’ weekly television program.

Jared Allen owns this town.

“That’s Jared,” said fellow defensive end Ray Edwards. “He’s a lovable guy.”

Allen added to his popularity as the Vikings reached this week’s NFC championship game at New Orleans with their 34-3 pulverizing of the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

Allen helped spark the win with his sack and strip of Dallas quarterback Tony Romo — one of six sacks by the Vikings — as he enjoyed the first playoff win of his NFL career.

“It took a while to get one,” said Allen, who was part of playoff losses with the Chiefs at Indianapolis in 2006 and with the Vikings against Philadelphia last season. “But we finally did and got it in a big way.

“It’s all perspective. This is just one. The only way to go out on a winning streak is to win the Super Bowl. So if you lose the next one, it doesn’t really matter, does it?”

Allen, for the second consecutive season, finished the regular season with 14 1/2 sacks, second in the NFL. But 7 1/2 of those sacks came in two games against Green Bay, and he had just two sacks in the final five games.

Still, the Vikings led the NFL with 48 sacks for the season, and the ability to get to Romo so often was critical in the win over the Cowboys — and will be equally as important against New Orleans’ Drew Brees this week.

“Everyone was talking about how our sack numbers were down the past four weeks,” Allen said. “Well, offenses are going to do things to nullify you when you’re hitting the quarterback. They’re just not going to let you get three or four sacks a game.”

The Vikings have seen a lot of maximum protection schemes, where teams are keeping tight ends and backs to help the offensive line, and quarterbacks have been throwing from quick, two-and-three step drops to negate the rushing of Allen and Edwards from the outside and defensive tackles Pat Williams and Kevin Williams on the inside.

“When we’re rushing four and they’re blocking seven, you’re not going to get the same numbers you were getting earlier,” Allen said.

Eventually that changed during the Dallas game after the Cowboys fell behind and Romo needed to get more receivers involved in the patterns.

“In the beginning of the game, when the game wasn’t out of hand, Romo wasn’t holding the ball,” Allen said. “He was taking a lot of quick shots to (tight end Jason) Witten … dumping the ball off. We knew if we could just keep holding them, and stop the run, eventually he was going to have to go downfield with the ball, and we were going to get him.

“Tony’s elusive in that pocket. We probably missed another three or four we could have had out there.”

Allen, acquired from the Chiefs in a blockbuster trade in April 2008, has 72 career sacks since entering the NFL in 2004, which ranks first among all NFL players. He’ll be making his third straight Pro Bowl appearance this season — if the Vikings don’t reach the Super Bowl.

“The way he came in, he fit right in with us, he didn’t try to come in and be that big guy on campus,” Edwards said. “He just came in and tried to fit in and helped everyone take their game to the next level.

“He’s going to make you laugh. If you’re having a bad day, or even if you’re having a good day, he has that type of spirit, where no matter what, he’s looking to enjoy himself and have a good time.”

Allen, 27, is the first to admit he was looking to have a good time too often in his formative years with the Chiefs, and his multiple DUIs and two days in jail were a wake-up call.

“Minnesota has been a great move for me,” he said. “The city has really embraced me, just as they embrace everybody. This is my kind of town, too. I’m an outdoorsy guy. Since day one, the organization has been phenomenal. They do a great job of taking care of the players.

“It couldn’t have worked out better. The good Lord is really shining on me. I’ve been truly blessed. I got drafted to a phenomenal team. At that time, the Chiefs were a really good team with a good coaching staff, and I learned a lot. As that organization was kind of sliding, to get to go to another great organization has been a dream come true.”

big nasty kcnut
01-19-2010, 03:12 AM
Fuck you carl.

BossChief
01-19-2010, 03:12 AM
I was 100% against the trade from the moment it was made rumor, but I can say that in the long term, it may end up going in our favor if Charles can stay healthy, Albert continues his play from the last month of the year and Morgan shows us some of the talent he showed while starting one year in college for NCST.

Albert is better than any tackle available in this years draft, even the ones that will go to ten.
Jamaal Charles has shown to be a gamebreaker that compares to Spiller and even Reggie Bush. Both were/are gonna be high first rounders.
Morgan looked like a possible great safety in college and some of us still have legitimate hope that he can still be that guy for us. If so, we won in that trade big time, if he shows nothing I say we barely broke even and that is if Charles gives us a few years of similar production as he did last year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-19-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm glad for JA. I wish he was still a Chief though. Carl should be shot for letting him go !

I'm pulling for the Vikes to win it all. Thats for sure.

chiefsfan4life1978
01-19-2010, 03:36 AM
i know that jared allen is a big hit right now but i'm sick and tired of hearing about him. it's probably because i wish he was still a chief but still....

Red Dawg
01-19-2010, 03:39 AM
**** you carl.

I SECOND THAT with a Two fingers in the air FUCK YOU CARL! Has there there been more idiotic move by a GM this decade? Stupid move to the 10th power.

kcxiv
01-19-2010, 03:47 AM
I am in the Fuck you Carl part. Jamaal is great and all, but i rather have a good defense and he should have been a part of this shit being turned around. Oh well. It is what it is.

Slainte
01-19-2010, 03:55 AM
i know that jared allen is a big hit right now but i'm sick and tired of hearing about him.

It's like you're reading my mind...

Hammock Parties
01-19-2010, 04:12 AM
72 sacks and he's only 27.

He's headed to Canton.

Consistent1
01-19-2010, 04:14 AM
Typical Chiefs Planet fan meets Jared Allen today at a restaurant, and this conversation ensues…..you can also fill the name Tony Gonzalez in for Jared and make slight alterations if you like.

CP Member: Hey Jared my name is _____. I am a huge Chiefs fan man. Always loved you when you were in KC bro. It’s great to see you.

JA: Oh yeah, the Chiefs. Cool.

CP Member: Glad to see you doing so well in Minny, but I wish you were still a Chief bro!

JA: Yeah, we are a good team. Having a ball these days. (Looks around to signal for valet guy to bring Ferrari/Monster truck around for him). Doing well these days. Where did you say you are from, St. Paul?

CP Member: No Jared, I am from Springfield, Missouri. We will always love you there man.

Jared: Oh, sorry dude. Glad to hear you are a Vikings fan.

CP Member: The front office never did you right in KC man. You deserved to go to a winner to showcase your talent.

Jared: They were alright to me down there, Kansas City, right? Yeah, one time they got an routing number wrong for one of my accounts once. Situation was fixed, and I got my money. It’s all good. Got traded out of there too. No offense man.

CP Member: You are a great one. You deserved better than what KC was willing to give you. What’s it like to play with Brett Favre? You guys are so good.

Jared: Thanks man. The Rams are going to get better for you soon man. (Starts to look nervous, signals again to check on vehicle status)

CP Member; I like to hunt, fish and ride Harleys. Work on cars a lot, follow the Chiefs online, things like that. What hobbies are you into these days.? Still not drinking beer? Do you still work out with Boomer? I’m so glad to see you Jared.

Jared: (Gets on phone to check a text, looks back up.) Naw man, I don’t carry any pictures to autograph. Just give me something to sign and I will let you get going my friend. Always looking to help out a Vikes fan.

CP Member: (Hands Jared a Royals cap to sign) I would love an autograph bro, but this is all I got.

Jared: Oh, cool. That Japanese baseball league must be getting huge. I hadn’t even seen this cap before, pretty cool man. (Signs hat, starts to get up)

CP Member: Can I buy you a Starbucks, or some dessert, and talk for awhile Jared? It’s just so good to see you.

Jared: (Car is out front now, makes first move toward door) I gotta get going man, but thanks. (Walks away quickly)

CP Member: (Restaurant manager closes in) Jared, Jared, do you have to go so soon?

Manager: Is there a problem here sir? We do have people trying to finish with lunch.

CP Member: Jared, can I give you a blow-job man. Come back to Kansas City Jared…we love you in Missouri brother…

Police arrive at scene.

kcxiv
01-19-2010, 04:26 AM
72 sacks and he's only 27.

He's headed to Canton.

Pretty much. He keeps up 14 sacks a year for a few more years and its a done deal.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2010, 06:28 AM
OMG get over it you fucking crybabies!
Posted via Mobile Device

Norman Einstein
01-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Allen was a problem child in KC, he wanted out and there was no way to stop that move.

Face it folks, there is no loyality in the NFL, not teams to players and not players to teams. The only loyalty is to the money.

InChiefsHeaven
01-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Meh. I like the dude, I'm rooting for him, but he's gone. Just accept it and move on. Honestly, I barely remember him as a Chief. Probably because as good as he was, we didn't do shit with him here. It was a bad move to get rid of him, but it is what it is and it was 2 seasons ago.

Time to move on...

PRIEST
01-19-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm glad for JA. I wish he was still a Chief though. Carl should be shot for letting him go !

I'm pulling for the Vikes to win it all. Thats for sure.

THIS

I have been rocking #69 viking jersey in Cowboy country :evil:

Demonpenz
01-19-2010, 07:40 AM
He is so fucking fast off the ball, huge array of pass rush moves. Just a fun guy to watch play football

Radar Chief
01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Allen, acquired from the Chiefs in a blockbuster trade in April 2008, has 72 career sacks since entering the NFL in 2004, which ranks first among all NFL players.

Jeezuss. :doh!: :shake: MOTHER FUCK YOU CARL! :cuss:

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I will never, evah root for another NFL team. There can be only one!

But this thread does qualify for a good old fashion.....

Damnit Carl! :cuss:

-King-
01-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I like him, but my hate for favre outweighs that. So fuck the Vikings right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jack
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM
I have little respect for this fellow. I reckon it's because of the preception that it is just for the all mighty dollar and putting self before the team as so many athletes do.

"I want to play in the SB" are a part of so many pro football player that suits up is put before "I want to help the team win championships".

Flame me all you want but I for one didn't wimp at his departure. Charles will make him forgetable. As he did in KC and again I noticed in the cowboys game, he take plays off. Once I noticed the camera was on him and he was still in his stance well after the play started. Then the next play he is all out. As in KC he isn't a big factor in run plays

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 08:04 AM
I have little respect for this fellow. I reckon it's because of the preception that it is just for the all mighty dollar and putting self before the team as so many athletes do.

"I want to play in the SB" are a part of so many pro football player that suits up is put before "I want to help the team win championships".

Flame me all you want but I for one didn't wimp at his departure. Charles will make him forgetable. As he did in KC and again I noticed in the cowboys game, he take plays off. Once I noticed the camera was on him and he was still in his stance well after the play started. Then the next play he is all out. As in KC he isn't a big factor in run playsyeah the guy sucks. He shouldn't even be starting.:rolleyes:

pkane
01-19-2010, 08:09 AM

Flame me all you want but I for one didn't wimp at his departure. Charles will make him forgetable. As he did in KC and again I noticed in the cowboys game, he take plays off. Once I noticed the camera was on him and he was still in his stance well after the play started. Then the next play he is all out. As in KC he isn't a big factor in run plays

Couldn't disagree more.

oldandslow
01-19-2010, 08:23 AM

This...a million times over.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2010, 08:27 AM
There are just as many, if not more, purple 69 jerseys than there are purple 28 jerseys up here...

I die a little every day... :shake:

CoMoChief
01-19-2010, 08:31 AM
i know that jared allen is a big hit right now but i'm sick and tired of hearing about him. it's probably because i wish he was still a chief but still....

Well he's gonna be good for a looooooong time. So you might as well get used to it. With his personality, you're gonna see more of him in interviews, guest hosts......maybe SNL someday. Who knows. He's that kinda guy.

Carl deserves to get drug through a AIDS fire for letting him because "He was considered a risk" FUCK THAT.

CoMoChief
01-19-2010, 08:33 AM

Was the Charles pick even from the Jared Allen trade? Or was it Cottam and Morgan?

The Bad Guy
01-19-2010, 08:33 AM

I really thought I read the dumbest post here last week, but this one easily takes the cake.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Was the Charles pick even from the Jared Allen trade? Or was it Cottam and Morgan?Albert and Charles.

TheGuardian
01-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Fuck the Vikings and fuck Jared Allen.

JOhn
01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
**** the Vikings and **** Jared Allen.

:deevee:

Mr. Laz
01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
gee ... thanks for reminding us TPT, we almost forgot.

:grr:

wild1
01-19-2010, 09:36 AM
He's also cleaned up his act and become a better pro, from what I have heard. He's more diligent about the game and about maintaining himself and keeping his life in order.

I don't know why people here have to start a Jared Allen thread every day. He's gone, he's been gone, Carl's gone, it's all over. Water under the bridge.

Goldmember
01-19-2010, 09:45 AM
If he wasn't such a dipshit and got multiple DUIs he'd still be a Chief, although it worked out well for him, this time.

Frazod
01-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Tired of hearing about Allen, more than tired of hearing about Favre. I wanted the Vikings to beat Dallas and ruin Jerry Jones, and they did.

Now, go Saints.

Goldmember
01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Tired of hearing about Allen, more than tired of hearing about Favre. I wanted the Vikings to beat Dallas and ruin Jerry Jones, and they did.

Now, go Saints.

:thumb:

Goldmember
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
I SECOND THAT with a Two fingers in the air **** YOU CARL! Has there there been more idiotic move by a GM this decade? Stupid move to the 10th power.

Yes, letting Gannon go to the Raiders and helping them to winning seasons and a Super Bowl. That was far worse imo.

stevieray
01-19-2010, 10:12 AM
the milk spilt.

please get over it.

teedubya
01-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Im gonna continue whining about it. You don't let a future Hall of Famer go, at age 24... fucking retarded.

wild1
01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Im gonna continue whining about it. You don't let a future Hall of Famer go, at age 24... ****ing retarded.

No one associated with this organization still had anything to do with it. Why don't you start a Carl Peterson fan board and cry about it there?

Tribal Warfare
01-19-2010, 10:23 AM

Their are sentimental favorites when KC is eliminated from contention.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Their are sentimental favorites when KC is eliminated from contention.thats okay. And FTR I don't have a problem with Chief fans cheering other teams. Just not my thing.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Fuck you carl.

I'm so glad this was the first post in this thread. Allow me to 2nd it.

MOTHER FUCK YOU CARL!

TheGuardian
01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
No one associated with this organization still had anything to do with it. Why don't you start a Carl Peterson fan board and cry about it there?

Thank you. There is nothing worse than a grown man acting like a bitch about a football trade.

This subject has been hashed over a billion times. Allen didn't want to be here, he was offered a fair market deal and wouldn't take it. He WANTED to be traded. He got his wish. If Albert and Charles turn out to be pro bowlers for a long time we won in the trade because a franchise LT is equal to a franchise defensive end. Throw in Charles for 6-8 seasons of 1200-1500 yards and we got the best of that trade.

Not to mention the defense sucked when Allen was here. He's great in Minny where he has help, but he's not Reggie White or Bruce Smith good. In fact, as noted in the article, he disappears for long stretches and a lot of times in clutch situations. He runs real hot and cold.

Radar Chief
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Men have chest hair. Even if it’s in the shape of a heart, which is pretty tight.

wild1
01-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Allen didn't want to be here, he was offered a fair market deal and wouldn't take it. He WANTED to be traded. He got his wish.

Oh, that's right - he demanded a trade, didn't he?

ModSocks
01-19-2010, 10:41 AM
I really don't want to see this thread everytime i enter the lounge. It's still upsetting.

Goldmember
01-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Thank you. There is nothing worse than a grown man acting like a bitch about a football trade.

This subject has been hashed over a billion times. Allen didn't want to be here, he was offered a fair market deal and wouldn't take it. He WANTED to be traded. He got his wish. If Albert and Charles turn out to be pro bowlers for a long time we won in the trade because a franchise LT is equal to a franchise defensive end. Throw in Charles for 6-8 seasons of 1200-1500 yards and we got the best of that trade.

Not to mention the defense sucked when Allen was here. He's great in Minny where he has help, but he's not Reggie White or Bruce Smith good. In fact, as noted in the article, he disappears for long stretches and a lot of times in clutch situations. He runs real hot and cold.

Well stated.

Radar Chief
01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
If you’re asked if you want extra mayonnaise you have to say yes. It’s part of it.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Not to mention the defense sucked when Allen was here.
Not because of him.
Allen didn't want to be here, he was offered a fair market deal and wouldn't take it. He WANTED to be traded. He got his wish.
It was King Carl's fault that he wanted to be traded. Why would you want to work for someone who lies to you? Treats you differently than the rest of the employees?

POND_OF_RED
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Dorsey is a better fit at DE in the 3-4. Allen is a great 4-3 DE but we've moved on from that. I never once regretted the Allen trade. The guy was a complete asshole from what I heard from anyone who met the guy. If we still ran the 4-3 I'd understand people crying about it still but we completely changed our defensive philosophy and I think Dorsey is a better fit than Allen in what we're trying to do.

Sure-Oz
01-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Move on...

teedubya
01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah, Allen didn't want to be here, so he opened up a Bar and Grill.

Fish
01-19-2010, 11:46 AM

I don't think Allen opening a bar had anything to do with his long-term football interests. He opened a bar because of his short-term party interests.

smittysbar
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
I will ALWAYS be a fan of Allen!!!

Oh and he didn't want to be here is BS, he wanted to be here, Carl fucked him over, and he had enough. Could have signed him cheap in comparison of what he is worth the year before he went off, like Carl told him he would, but didn't.

Mastashake
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Jared Allen leaving broke my heart. Its funny how the Chiefs talk about getting one of those players who singlehandedly change games. And then we do and we give him to someone else in his prime. It seems a fairer trade with Jamaal Charles, though.

I do not think events like this will happen nearly as much with Mr. Pioli. Which is why I'm excited about this team more than anything.

RJ
01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
I play in a fantasy baseball league with a bunch of guys in Minnesota. I don't know much about them, but I do know they all heart JA.

CoMoChief
01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't think Allen opening a bar had anything to do with his long-term football interests. He opened a bar because of his short-term party interests.

Or wanting to invest his money into something that could have made him some money :spock:

CoMoChief
01-19-2010, 12:15 PM
The Jared Allen trade is almost the type of trade that no longer makes you want to be a Chiefs fan.

DBOSHO
01-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Nothing will bring allen back now that hes with his buttbuddy favre.

TheGuardian
01-19-2010, 12:41 PM

He didn't open one up. He just put his name on it. STFU about it you whiner.

TheGuardian
01-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Not because of him.

It was King Carl's fault that he wanted to be traded. Why would you want to work for someone who lies to you? Treats you differently than the rest of the employees?

He didn't lie to him Jared got his 2nd DUI and Carl wanted him to stay out of trouble for one season. That's not unreasonable in any way, shape, or form. Jared is just a douche bag. F him and "Chief" fans who are still crying about it.

Chiefnj2
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Allen deserved better than KC and got what he wished for - lots of money and a legitimate chance at a Championship.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
He didn't lie to him Jared got his 2nd DUI and Carl wanted him to stay out of trouble for one season. That's not unreasonable in any way, shape, or form. Jared is just a douche bag. F him and "Chief" fans who are still crying about it.BS. I know that Jared was made promises by the Chiefs that they later backed out of or failed to fulfill. He did what they asked and then they screwed him.

TheGuardian
01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
BS. I know that Jared was made promises by the Chiefs that they later backed out of or failed to fulfill. He did what they asked and then they screwed him.

No, that is BS. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. After Jared got in trouble with his 2nd DUI Peterson backed out of talking long term contract until the season was over to see if he could stay out of trouble.

Jared didn't DESERVE SHIT. Period. End of fucking story. All he had to do was not drink and drive A SECOND TIME, and he's a Chief. It's his own fucking fault. And people should stop crying like little bitches about it.

Slainte
01-19-2010, 01:01 PM
No, that is BS. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. After Jared got in trouble with his 2nd DUI Peterson backed out of talking long term contract until the season was over to see if he could stay out of trouble.

Jared didn't DESERVE SHIT. Period. End of fucking story. All he had to do was not drink and drive A SECOND TIME, and he's a Chief. It's his own fucking fault. And people should stop crying like little bitches about it.

Wurd.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
BS. I know that Jared was made promises by the Chiefs that they later backed out of or failed to fulfill. He did what they asked and then they screwed him.

Yup. We interviewed Allen and he said the same thing. He felt like he was lied to.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 01:07 PM

Jared didn't DESERVE SHIT. Period. End of ****ing story. All he had to do was not drink and drive A SECOND TIME, and he's a Chief. It's his own ****ing fault. And people should stop crying like little bitches about it.Yelling/screaming and calling posters names doesn't make your opinion fact. The fact is the Chiefs lied to Jared. How he handled that is on Jared.

Consistent1
01-19-2010, 01:07 PM

Jared didn't DESERVE SHIT. Period. End of ****ing story. All he had to do was not drink and drive A SECOND TIME, and he's a Chief. It's his own ****ing fault. And people should stop crying like little bitches about it.

It's his own fault that he got a ton of money and is on the verge of going to the Superbowl?

Chiefnj2
01-19-2010, 01:08 PM

Jared didn't DESERVE SHIT. Period. End of ****ing story. All he had to do was not drink and drive A SECOND TIME, and he's a Chief. It's his own ****ing fault. And people should stop crying like little bitches about it.

The 2nd DUI was in September 2006. 1 year clean would be September 2007. Did Peterson make him an offer at that time? I'll answer it for you - No.

Sure-Oz
01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
This is why peterson is not a GM now amongst many other signing failures

TheGuardian
01-19-2010, 01:42 PM
The 2nd DUI was in September 2006. 1 year clean would be September 2007. Did Peterson make him an offer at that time? I'll answer it for you - No.

I'm talking after that season. I've already posted articles before that went into detail on all this but basically yeah, you guys are wrong. Allen didn't want to be here, and turned down a fair offer to be traded. He said all along he'd never play another down in KC. Did he feel lied to? Sure. But he went out and got his 2nd DUI. That sort of changed the landscape and that's something he's never wanted to acknowledge.

Some of you bitches act like Allen is the GF you never got to bang and she left you for another guy. Get off the guys dick already and move on.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Some of you bitches act like Allen is the GF you never got to bang and she left you for another guy. Get off the guys dick already and move on.:shake:

wild1
01-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Allen would still be a Chief if he had been a responsible adult

Because he was not, Carl thought he had leverage.

Eventually it became personal. Arrowhead is not big enough to house both these men's egos.

But at the crux is Jared Allen demanding a trade. He demanded to be let out of KC, and his request was granted.

Carl committed to his pet, Larry Johnson, and let go of the guy who was showing him up in public. That's not hard to believe.

Allen was 50% of this formula, and he created the problem to start with.

Chiefnj2
01-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm talking after that season. I've already posted articles before that went into detail on all this but basically yeah, you guys are wrong. Allen didn't want to be here, and turned down a fair offer to be traded. He said all along he'd never play another down in KC. Did he feel lied to? Sure. But he went out and got his 2nd DUI. That sort of changed the landscape and that's something he's never wanted to acknowledge.

Some of you bitches act like Allen is the GF you never got to bang and she left you for another guy. Get off the guys dick already and move on.

Peterson didn't make him an offer or try to keep him after Allen was clean for a year. Peterson screwed the pooch and his team set an NFL record for fewest sacks in a season. Maybe he'll get a ring for that achievement that he can wear next to his finger that bears his USFL ring.

COchief
01-19-2010, 03:17 PM
**a bunch of stupid, unfunny BS**

Wow, epic comedic fail. I hope you didn't waste your time writing that. Not funny in the least and completely nonsensical, JA always seems to speak fairly highly of KC (see article posted above) even though Carl dogged him out.

Reerun_KC
01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Well he's gonna be good for a looooooong time. So you might as well get used to it. With his personality, you're gonna see more of him in interviews, guest hosts......maybe SNL someday. Who knows. He's that kinda guy.

Carl deserves to get drug through a AIDS fire for letting him because "He was considered a risk" **** THAT.

So did most of this message board....

Consistent1
01-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Wow, epic comedic fail. I hope you didn't waste your time writing that. Not funny in the least and completely nonsensical, JA always seems to speak fairly highly of KC (see article posted above) even though Carl dogged him out.

That's cool, but there is some funny stuff in it, sorry. The point was that Tony G and Allen have moved on and the fans here stroke teh cock thinking about them til this very day. As far as Allen's opinion of KC, who cares really? You think he would come back from the Vikings right now for the same money? Yeah, let me think there...

COchief
01-19-2010, 03:48 PM
That's cool, but there is some funny stuff in it, sorry. The point was that Tony G and Allen have moved on and the fans here stroke teh cock thinking about them til this very day. As far as Allen's opinion of KC, who cares really? You think he would come back from the Vikings right now for the same money? Yeah, let me think there...

Agreed, glad we dumped TG for what we got. Allen not so sure on, but if Albert and Charles start for the next decade we can't complain. People tend to forget our record when Allen was putting up all those meaningless first half sacks.

Halfcan
01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
**** you carl.

yep

Saccopoo
01-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Albert is better than any tackle available in this years draft, even the ones that will go to ten.

That's quite a statement considering the dog shit year he had. From the numbers I've seen, he graded out at damn near the bottom of all tackles in the NFL last year, so I think that this kind of statement has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Saccopoo
01-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Actually, it's the trade of Fujita that has me pissed. We stole him in the fifth round, he leads the team in tackles for two straight seasons from the SSOLB spot, and then Carl trades him for a sixth? A SIXTH? Are you kidding me?

Fuck you Carl.

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2010, 07:30 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gfiveometer.gif

carlos3652
01-19-2010, 08:44 PM

Ill take BRC word as fact due to the fact that he *knows what really happened... not what he read and then formed an opinion...