PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame players in the draft

Ralphy Boy
01-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Wanted to get some of the board "draft experts" opinions. I would think we would have the inside track on every player coming out and I would think Charlie would be inclined to want to get at least one or two. I'd love to get Tate & Olsen.

List of every player I can find:
Golden Tate WR, 5'11" 195. I've seen multiple comparisons to both Steve Smith's and Weis compared him to the Carolina Steve Smith. Some of the projections I've seen say that if he runs in the 4.4 range, he's a likely 1st rounder.

Eric Olsen C, 6'5" 300. Only played Center his senior year, moving over from Guard, so he'd seem to have some versatility. Projections for him I've seen are rounds 3 - 5.

Kyle McCarthy S, 6'1" 205. Apparently the only good player on their defense, the knock is that he's slower than you'd like him to be and a strong safety in the NFL. His moving to FS halfway thru his senior season, to help a horrible secondary, exposed his lack of speed and probably cost him some money. Projected from 4 - 6.

Sam Young OT, 6'7" 315. Played mostly at RT. Projects from rounds 6 - 7 after a horrible senior year.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2010, 10:21 PM
it's not recruiting imo ... there is no inside track.

i guess if there is some Diamond in the rough guy that nobody else notices but all the guys you listed will be taken whenever a team thinks they are worth it.

Willie Lanier
01-19-2010, 10:30 PM
The only prospect from that list I want is Tate. He has athleticism, the right mentality, and grit. He sticks out to me more than any other wide out in this class, and I think he'll be the best pro of the group...

doomy3
01-19-2010, 10:43 PM
The only prospect from that list I want is Tate. He has athleticism, the right mentality, and grit. He sticks out to me more than any other wide out in this class, and I think he'll be the best pro of the group...

Eric Olsen could also be a nice fit for us in the middle rounds...

RustShack
01-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Weis would probably be most interested in the offensive ones.

Thig Lyfe
01-20-2010, 12:22 AM
I feel like you're forgetting someone...

Mecca
01-20-2010, 01:28 AM
ND's best prospects outside of Clausen are still at the school.

DaKCMan AP
01-20-2010, 07:06 AM

Assuming he recovers and rehabs back or close to his previous level.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I feel like you're forgetting someone...he was probably afraid that if he put a QB on there he would get attacked.

The Franchise
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
I believe Sam Young will go before the 6th-7th round. He's more around the 4th-5th round in my opinion. If Tate is there at 2A....then we have to take him.

KJROD20
01-20-2010, 12:00 PM

Basically. Floyd and Rudolph are sure 1st rounders IMO. Floyd was probably the best receiver in the country before he got hurt.

CoMoChief
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I believe Sam Young will go before the 6th-7th round. He's more around the 4th-5th round in my opinion. If Tate is there at 2A....then we have to take him.

I'd rather have Gilyard in the 3rd round. Same kinda WR from what i've heard.

CoMoChief
01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
This draft would kick ass.

1. SS - Eric Berry, TENNESSEE
2. OG - Mike Iupati, IDAHO
2. OC - M. Pouncey, FLORIDA
3. OLB - Eric Norwood, S.CAROLINA
4. WR - Denario Alexander, MIZZOU
5. OT - Chris Scott, TENNESSEE
5. RB - Montario Hardesty, TENNESSEE
6. QB - Max Hall, BYU
7. OT - Sam Young, NOTRE DAME

FA
NT - Vince Wilfork, Patriots
ILB - Karlos Dansby, Cardinals
OG - Eugene Amano, Titans

RustShack
01-20-2010, 12:23 PM
I love reading all of CoMo's mocks and him always listing the 6th and 7th round even though we don't have any picks in the last two rounds. ROFL

Direckshun
01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
This draft would kick ass.

el oh el

1. SS - Eric Berry, TENNESSEE
mm hmm
2. OG - Mike Iupati, IDAHO
won't be there
2. OC - M. Pouncey, FLORIDA
won't be there
3. OLB - Eric Norwood, S.CAROLINA
won't be there
4. WR - Denario Alexander, MIZZOU
won't be there
5. OT - Chris Scott, TENNESSEE
eh
5. RB - Montario Hardesty, TENNESSEE
eh
6. QB - Max Hall, BYU
we don't have this pick
7. OT - Sam Young, NOTRE DAME
we don't have this pick; won't be there

FA
NT - Vince Wilfork, Patriots
would cost us $50 million dollars; he'll be franchised anyway
ILB - Karlos Dansby, Cardinals
would cost us almost $30 million dollars; he'll be franchised anyway
OG - Eugene Amano, Titans
eh

The Franchise
01-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Dude....Sam Young is not going to last until the 7th round.