View Full Version : Poop Basketball league for white Americans

the Talking Can
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
No joke.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2010/01/19/nba_563760.shtml

Basketball league for white Americans targets Augusta
By Billy Byler| Staff Writer
Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A new professional basketball league boasting rosters made up exclusively of white Americans has its eyes set on Augusta, but the team isn't receiving a warm welcome.

The All-American Basketball Alliance announced in a news release Sunday evening that it intends to start its inaugural season in June and hopes Augusta will be one of 12 cities with a team.

"Only players that are natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league," the statement said.

Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver, who has publicly expressed his support for minor league teams in the past, said he would not do the same for this team.

"As a sports enthusiast, I have always supported bringing more sporting activities to Augusta," he said. "However, in this instance I could not support in good conscience bringing in a team that did not fit with the spirit of inclusiveness that I, along with many others, have worked so hard to foster in our city."

Clint Bryant, athletic director at Augusta State University, laughed when he heard the news.

"It's so absurd, it's funny, but it gives you an idea of the sickness of our society" he said. "It shows you what lengths people will go to just to be mean-spirited. I think at any basketball level, no matter if it's all black, all white, all Hispanic, all Asian or anyone else, the players should just be a basketball team."

Don "Moose" Lewis, the commissioner of the AABA, said the reasoning behind the league's roster restrictions is not racism.

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," he said. "I don't hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans' dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

The Atlanta-based league, which will operate as a single-entity owning all of its teams, is looking for local contacts to pay $10,000 to become a "licensee" in one of 12 cities throughout the Southeast. Lewis said he has already received threats from people opposed to the roster restrictions and several cities have told him to stay out of town. Lewis said he has yet to hear from any one in Augusta.

"We need a local person ingrained into the community to make this successful," he said.

Lewis said he expects to eventually find support in every town with a team.

"People will come out and support a product they can identify with. I'm the spoken minority right now, but if people will give us a chance, it'll work... The white game of basketball, which is essentially a fundamental game, works."

Lewis said he wasn't sure where the team will play.

Augusta has had problems with minor league basketball teams in the past, but the issues never centered around race. The Augusta Drive lasted less than a month before folding in 1995, citing financial reasons. The Augusta Groove made it through a full, 20-game schedule in 2009, but accusations from players and local businesses that the team wasn't paying its bills surrounded the team during the second half of the season. The team later shut down in the offseason.

MikeMaslowski
01-20-2010, 12:09 PM
DC maybe? This is gonna get ugly.

Simply Red
01-20-2010, 12:12 PM
ballin' ass wigga!

Brock
01-20-2010, 12:12 PM
That's lame.

Pitt Gorilla
01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Seems like a natural location.

wild1
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
What an idiot.

However, I will point out that there are many sports leagues in other countries and even here that limit the number of foreign players who are allowed. MLS for example allows a maximum of 8 foreign players on the clubs' 24-man roster. There are similar restrictions in germany, australia, france, and in other leagues.

Nationality is different than race, of course, this guy is still a moron, but it's not that far from things that are currently done.

MikeMaslowski
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I see where they are trying to go with this.... I just don't think that dividing things by race should be acceptable anymore. Including UNCF and AA.

CoMoChief
01-20-2010, 12:21 PM
OMG - Calling Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson!!!!!!!!

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," he said. "I don't hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

LMAO You mean you can't hop and then take 4 steps anymore?

RJ
01-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Nut hugger shorts, Jack Purcells, the two handed set shot, underhand free throws, no shot clock and the teams will know how to run "the picket fence" and "the box and one".

That's basketball the way Naismith intended it.

Lono
01-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Isn't there african american only tv shows and awards? I don't get mad over that, so I can't really get mad over this.

Is this guy going about it the right way? Probably not.

Buck
01-20-2010, 12:25 PM
All I see is "White Americans."

Does this mean that woman can play.

RustShack
01-20-2010, 12:26 PM
LOL than man is always putting us crackers down. Fucking karma from before I was even born!

wild1
01-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Nut hugger shorts, Jack Purcells, the two handed set shot, underhand free throws, no shot clock and the teams will know how to run "the picket fence" and "the box and one".

Yeah, parquet floors, headbands wrapped around massive hairdos... huge sideburns and huge mustaches... striped socks pulled up to the knees... no 3-point shot.

That would have some entertainment value at least!

Demonpenz
01-20-2010, 12:34 PM
sounds like this will be like womans basketball

HemiEd
01-20-2010, 12:34 PM
:popcorn:

RJ
01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
sounds like this will be like womans basketball

I believe penz hit the ol' nail on the head. Doesn't the WNBA always tout their strong fundamentals?

Is the WNBA still around?

RealSNR
01-20-2010, 12:42 PM
"White Americans"

At least they got rid of all those damn Euros and Turks

Brock
01-20-2010, 12:42 PM
A pedestrian women's college team would probably smoke these guys.

Spicy McHaggis
01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Will the goals be lowered to 8 feet?

Spicy McHaggis
01-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I believe penz hit the ol' nail on the head. Doesn't the WNBA always tout their strong fundamentals?

Is the WNBA still around?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/feE1G2sJty0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/feE1G2sJty0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MOhillbilly
01-20-2010, 12:47 PM

already around its called womens ncaa & wnba.

the Talking Can
01-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Isn't there african american only tv shows and awards? I don't get mad over that, so I can't really get mad over this.

so you're that guy....

Rain Man
01-20-2010, 12:54 PM
He could have accomplished the same thing and avoided bad publicity by letting anyone join, but having the games held on the grounds of the Augusta National Golf Club.

DMAC
01-20-2010, 12:56 PM
The way it reads, adopted black people can play.

HemiEd
01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Will the goals be lowered to 8 feet?

"You can put a cat in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit. "

Mr. Laz
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
so you're that guy....
i'm that guy too

if there can be "black only ....... ", "Women only .... " then people should be able to make "White only ......" and "Men only .... " groups.

either no race/sex rules or it goes both ways.

RJ
01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
i'm that guy too

if there can be "black only ....... ", "Women only .... " then people should be able to make "White only ......" and "Men only .... " groups.

I don't think anyone here would deny them their league. It's just a funny story.

loochy
01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
OMG - Calling Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson!!!!!!!!

LMAO You mean you can't pull guns out on your teammates in the locker room anymore?

FYP

Mr. Laz
01-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't think anyone here would deny them their league. It's just a funny story.
oh i think there are plenty of people who would/will try to deny them their league.

but yea ... it's kinda goofy.

Earthling
01-20-2010, 01:14 PM
I guess there is more than one way to stop the dunk, heh?

Goldmember
01-20-2010, 01:15 PM

You mean like BET (Black Entertainment Television)?

Didn't someone try to create WET (White Entertainment Television)?

DMAC
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
You mean like BET (Black Entertainment Television)?

Didn't someone try to create WET (White Entertainment Television)?They did...it's called TV.

BWillie
01-20-2010, 01:20 PM
This is stupid the way they phrased it. Including "street ball" is from people of "color". Like white people never play street ball huh? This founder is a moron. He's out for attention, not for recognizing the achievements of other WASPs

CHENZ A!
01-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Hahaha who would watch?

Although a game with a bunch of Billy Hoyles running around might be entertaining..
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
01-20-2010, 01:22 PM
oh i think there are plenty of people who would/will try to deny them their league.

but yea ... it's kinda goofy.

Yeah, somewhere, but nobody here. Your average Planeteer bitches a lot but doesn't do too much. :D

Mr. Laz
01-20-2010, 01:22 PM
They did...it's called TV.
well then they better start kicking all those non-white people off.

bye Chris Rock
bye Opera
bye ALMA awards
no sports at all
no non-white guest on talk shows

blah,blah,blah,blah.............................

RJ
01-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Hahaha who would watch?

Although a game with a bunch of Billy Hoyles running around might be entertaining..
Posted via Mobile Device

Billy wasn't really much on fundamentals. His passing and dribbling were very ethnic, despite his inability to elevate.

Goldmember
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
He could have accomplished the same thing and avoided bad publicity by letting anyone join, but having the games held on the grounds of the Augusta National Golf Club.

LOL What about Jews? Are there any good Jewish B-ballers?

MMXcalibur
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Might be slightly off-topic, but is there any difference between this future bankrupt league and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) that contains nothing but historically black universities?

I'm not trying to be underhanded in my comments, I'm seriously curious on why....

Sofa King
01-20-2010, 01:27 PM
i'm that guy too

don't they have an African American awards show?

where's my Skinny White Guy Awards??

DMAC
01-20-2010, 01:28 PM

bye Chris Rock
bye Opera
bye ALMA awards
no sports at all
no non-white guest on talk shows

blah,blah,blah,blah.............................
That's retarded. White programs absolutley DOMINATE all television. Oprah is on daytime friggin tv and she is one of the most popular women in the world.

Chris Rock? What his show on the fuckin puny network UPN?

Are you really complaining about one award show they have? :spock:

RJ
01-20-2010, 01:30 PM
LOL What about Jews? Are there any good Jewish B-ballers?

There's an Israeli professional basketball league.

CHENZ A!
01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Billy wasn't really much on fundamentals. His passing and dribbling were very ethnic, despite his inability to elevate.

That's why a team of Hoyles would be entertaining. He dribbled very ethnic! LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
01-20-2010, 01:37 PM
That's why a team of Hoyles would be entertaining. He dribbled very ethnic! LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Remember those Joe Montana commercials where he played the Billy Hoyle part? They were great.

RealSNR
01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL What about Jews? Are there any good Jewish B-ballers?The game of basketball was invented by Jews.

Inspector
01-20-2010, 02:18 PM
That's racist.

tyton75
01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
I think its funny.. getting past the racial part of this whole thing.. this league would barely be a step up from the WNBA and would be nearly unwatchable

basically like watching 10 dudes play HORSE

jettio
01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
I would guess that this has a fifty percent chance of being an early April fool's joke.

I had heard proposals for rec-league basketball with maximum height limit, but never heard anything like this.

I can't imagine that any self-respecting basketball player would even want to play in a league like that. This has to be a joke.

kepp
01-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Deke...Clint...Moose - Yeah, that'll work out. "Here, hold my beer."

Skip Towne
01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
The game of basketball was invented by Jews.

Was not. KU invented basketball.

Pablo
01-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Was not. KU invented basketball.You arrogant KU fans probably think you invented the internet too/muron

kstater
01-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Who's got odds on the first team nickname as the Ghost's? The mascot would wear a white sheet.

Rain Man
01-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Who's got odds on the first team nickname as the Ghost's? The mascot would wear a white sheet.

Which would cause a lot of confusion with the league's second team, whose mascot would also wear a white sheet.

FAX
01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
It will never fly.

Who wants to see a bunch of jump shots and bounce passes?

FAX

BigMeatballDave
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM
LMAO This will go over well...

Fish
01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Layups are sooo underrated....

Spott
01-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Was not. KU invented basketball.

It was actually invented at the Springfield(MA) YMCA in 1891.

soopamanluva
01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Might be slightly off-topic, but is there any difference between this future bankrupt league and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) that contains nothing but historically black universities?

I'm not trying to be underhanded in my comments, I'm seriously curious on why....

Since you are being genuine, I'll answer. Those universities were opened because all the others refused blacks from going to them. Instead of being uneducated, the created their own. And white people, Hispanic etc can go to a hbcu. They are not banned from attending.

This leauge is just for people with no talent wanting to play with people of equal talent and not get shown up by us "people of color." they can have their league but who the hell is going to watch it?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Since you are being genuine, I'll answer. Those universities were opened because all the others refused blacks from going to them. Instead of being uneducated, the created their own. And white people, Hispanic etc can go to a hbcu. They are not banned from attending.

This leauge is just for people with no talent wanting to play with people of equal talent and not get shown up by us "people of color." they can have their league but who the hell is going to watch it?

That's my thought. Go ahead. Good luck giving tickets away, let alone selling them.

Saul Good
01-20-2010, 09:11 PM

bye Opera

Would the opera really be any different without black people? I don't think I've ever seen a black person in an opera. Now Oprah, that's a different story.

JD10367
01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
"And today, the White Basketball League opened play with it's inaugural game, as the Arkansas Pink Bellies defeated the Montana Palefaces by the score of 27 to 24...". LMAO

dtebbe
01-20-2010, 09:38 PM
It will never fly.

Who wants to see a bunch of jump shots and bounce passes?

FAX

Exactly, we already have the WNBA for that.

DT

Kyle DeLexus
01-20-2010, 09:59 PM
I think its funny.. getting past the racial part of this whole thing.. this league would barely be a step up from the WNBA and would be nearly unwatchable

basically like watching 10 dudes play HORSE

They might as well have started up an actual BASEketball league.

RJ
01-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Would the opera really be any different without black people? I don't think I've ever seen a black person in an opera. Now Oprah, that's a different story.

You never heard that saying, "It ain't over til the black lady sings"?

RippedmyFlesh
01-20-2010, 10:08 PM
This is as racist as you can get.
I would like to see a minor league use college rules.
40 minute games,,zones...and like a 40 game schedule.
The nba season is a marathon so players have to pace themselves. 82 games plus playoffs
could mean 90 something games. Thats like 2 1/2 years worth of college games.
That would be like the nfl playing a 30 game season.

DumbHillbillies
01-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Who wants to watch a league of below the rim set shooters.ROFL

UteChief
01-20-2010, 10:19 PM
What's with this white people can't dunk. When I played ball I could dunk. I'm only 6-2, given I'm no Spud Webb but come on.

UteChief
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Given it is my opinion that a single white male is now the minority and I hate that there are so many programs that are out there to help anyone but me. I'd like to see equality across all aspects of life.

Redrum_69
01-20-2010, 10:23 PM
NIce...so basically its an all Republican league.

RippedmyFlesh
01-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Given it is my opinion that a single white male is now the minority and I hate that there are so many programs that are out there to help anyone but me. I'd like to see equality across all aspects of life.
ROFL Must be tough being white in utah

Lzen
01-20-2010, 10:43 PM
It was actually invented at the Springfield(MA) YMCA in 1891.

By........?

Dr. James Naismith

Lzen
01-20-2010, 10:45 PM
They can call them the Fighting Whities.
Which is also, I believe, a Chiefs Planet trademark. :D

Lzen
01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
NIce...so basically its an all Republican league.

Oh, heh heh. Repubs = racist. At least that's what my MSNBC tells me. :rolleyes::doh!::shake:

sodcat
01-20-2010, 10:48 PM
white men cant jump.................

UteChief
01-20-2010, 10:54 PM
ROFL Must be tough being white in utah

No one said it was hard. But when you're trying to pay for school or apply for a better job and you see women and other races (even fucking illegals) given grants or given opportunities over yourself, not because they interviewed better or that they tested better but because they meet a quota or specific criteria, you get frustrated.

kcchiefsus
01-20-2010, 11:06 PM
This is as racist as you can get.
I would like to see a minor league use college rules.
40 minute games,,zones...and like a 40 game schedule.
The nba season is a marathon so players have to pace themselves. 82 games plus playoffs
could mean 90 something games. Thats like 2 1/2 years worth of college games.
That would be like the nfl playing a 30 game season.

Why the fuck is it racist?

I'm so fucking sick of affirmative action and anything that gives an advantage to a minority over whites simply because of their skin color. It's ok to give preferential treatment at a job or school to a minority but if you give preferential treatment to a white person it's considered racist? Fuck that. There are scholarships exclusively for african-americans and other minorities. How do you think a scholarship exclusively for whites would sound? People would be bitching about that.

Lbedrock1
01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
the problem with this whole idea of 2 whites parents is funny. If you look at history there were some white men that were fooled by black women that were so light complected that they passed as white women but had a black mother and a father that was mixed. So who is pure white, black green or brown and who has ever been. You believe God created adam and eve then you know we are all mixed anyway and some just have more pigment. But here is the chance for true America to stand and say we are not having this kind of sh.t around here, we are all americans and will stand united and not be devided by the color of our skin and tell him to get the hell out of this country. Until that happens we will always have a race issue. Doesnt he know the owners of the NBA are white? The NBA product is something that evolved that they excepted because we watched or watch it.

Pioli Zombie
01-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Is Shitsprayer the Commissioner?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
01-20-2010, 11:36 PM
The game of basketball was invented by Jews.
Red Auerbach. A Jew!
Posted via Mobile Device

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 07:26 AM
No one said it was hard. But when you're trying to pay for school or apply for a better job and you see women and other races (even fucking illegals) given grants or given opportunities over yourself, not because they interviewed better or that they tested better but because they meet a quota or specific criteria, you get frustrated.

Now you know how minorities have felt in this country for hundreds of years. What you have said is how we have felt for a very looooong time. It sucks doesn't it? It wasn't right then and it's not right now, but that's our country

Bwana
01-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Heh, this won't end well.

Lono
01-21-2010, 09:16 AM
the problem with this whole idea of 2 whites parents is funny. If you look at history there were some white men that were fooled by black women that were so light complected that they passed as white women but had a black mother and a father that was mixed. So who is pure white, black green or brown and who has ever been. You believe God created adam and eve then you know we are all mixed anyway and some just have more pigment. But here is the chance for true America to stand and say we are not having this kind of sh.t around here, we are all americans and will stand united and not be devided by the color of our skin and tell him to get the hell out of this country. Until that happens we will always have a race issue. Doesnt he know the owners of the NBA are white? The NBA product is something that evolved that they excepted because we watched or watch it.

Crap I think we need to get rid of all of the stuff. Minority only scholarships, BET, all of it. Can you imagine what would happen if they came out with a white only awards show like BET has? There would be riots. This is 2010, God made us all, why people can't get over that is beyond me.

beach tribe
01-21-2010, 09:36 AM

An all black, or all Hispanic, or all anything is acceptable. Just not an all white anything.
Because white people are natural racists ya see.

MikeMaslowski
01-21-2010, 09:46 AM
BET is owned by the same company that MTV is. BET is marketing at its best. It specifically targeted a group that didn't feel like it was getting what it needed from other sources. However, we will never become "one people" with the racial labels that are ingrained in modern society.

I have always thought that this was an interesting take on affirmative action.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlmQStK68rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlmQStK68rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also, a phrase that absolutely infuriates me: reverse racism. Your thoughts?

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Crap I think we need to get rid of all of the stuff. Minority only scholarships, BET, all of it. Can you imagine what would happen if they came out with a white only awards show like BET has? There would be riots. This is 2010, God made us all, why people can't get over that is beyond me.

Have to correct you. You keep saying BET is all black, while I detest the channel, it is not exclusive to black people. There are white shows on BET, it's owned by the same people who own MTV(viacom). The awards(however terrible they are)are not exclusive to just black people, whites, Hispanics etc can be nominated and win the awards, and they have.

And there is an all white channel. It's called CMT.

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 09:54 AM
You sir, get it. BET is owned by the same company that MTV is. BET is marketing at its best. It specifically targeted a group that didn't feel like it was getting what it needed from other sources. However, we will never become "one people" with the racial labels that are ingrained in modern society.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlmQStK68rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlmQStK68rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

beach tribe
01-21-2010, 09:59 AM
BET is owned by the same company that MTV is. BET is marketing at its best. It specifically targeted a group that didn't feel like it was getting what it needed from other sources. However, we will never become "one people" with the racial labels that are ingrained in modern society.

There is no such thing as reverse racism it's all the same.
And yes there are a couple of true things in what that guys dad says there, but his dad is also a racist at the same time. And the racists, are what makes ALL of this crap hard. The white racists, the black racists, ALL racists.
I've seen life from many different countries, and perspectives. It's not going anywhere, anytime soon.
We're gonna have to evolve before this shit disappears.

Demonpenz
01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Have to correct you. You keep saying BET is all black, while I detest the channel, it is not exclusive to black people. There are white shows on BET, it's owned by the same people who own MTV(viacom). The awards(however terrible they are)are not exclusive to just black people, whites, Hispanics etc can be nominated and win the awards, and they have.

And there is an all white channel. It's called CMT.

Darious RUCKER BITCH!

Demonpenz
01-21-2010, 10:08 AM
revearse racism is alive and well

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Darious RUCKER BITCH!

BET- eminem kid rock, chris Martin linkin park. Your point just proves mine

JD10367
01-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Red Auerbach. A Jew!
Posted via Mobile Device

O.J. Simpson: not a Jew.
But guess who is? Hall of Famer Rod Carew!
Some people think that Ebenzer Scrooge is.
Well, he's not, but guess who is: all three Stooges!

Micjones
01-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Couple things...
1. Not at all offended. This league will swirl around the bowl and go down the drain faster than you can say "chest pass".

2. They do have White Entertainment Television. Just goes by tricky names like Fox, ABC, NBC and CBS.

3. Affirmative Action has benefitted a shit ton of WHITE women.

That is all. Back to my hot chocolate.

Brock
01-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Just a quick question: Who keeps giving Tyler Perry money to make shitty movies? Good Christ, it's as bad as Gene Wilder in the 80s.

Rain Man
01-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Couple things...
1. Not at all offended. This league will swirl around the bowl and go down the drain faster than you can say "chest pass".

2. They do have White Entertainment Television. Just goes by tricky names like Fox, ABC, NBC and CBS.

3. Affirmative Action has benefitted a shit ton of WHITE women.

Why can't we have hot vanilla? This pc stuff is out of control.

JD10367
01-21-2010, 10:57 AM

Is that what you call her? Pics please! :::humming "Jungle Fever"...::: :D

bluehawkdoc
01-21-2010, 11:22 AM
This league should be renamed WMD(CJ)L - White Man's Disease (Can't Jump) League. By the way, I'm white and came to terms with this affliction many years ago.

Pushead2
01-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Carl Peterson should be Commissioner.

Imagine the play by play for that league??

"White man A bounce passes to White man B, White man B with a layup and airballs it. White man C with the rebound & a swift ass slap to White Man D as time is called.

Lono
01-21-2010, 11:46 AM
BET- eminem kid rock, chris Martin linkin park. Your point just proves mine

You are kind of missing my point. Black entertainment tv. If there was a channel named WET, White entertainment tv people would be pissed off.

Micjones
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
You are kind of missing my point. Black entertainment tv. If there was a channel named WET, White entertainment tv people would be pissed off.

The dominant narrative NEVER needs to be qualified.
Why is that so hard to understand?

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 12:34 PM

Who would be pissed? White entertainment tv is All the other channels and we know that. For that matter CMT is an all white channel. I got the point, it just wasn't very good

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 12:36 PM
The dominant narrative NEVER needs to be qualified.
Why is that so hard to understand?

Finally, someone with some brains.

FloridaMan88
01-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Who would seriously pay money to watch this shit?

This would be like watching a pick-up game on the mean streets of Mission Hills, KS

Lbedrock1
01-21-2010, 12:48 PM

Did you know that Minority scholarships are about 10% of all scholarships offered. So it amazes me how some non-minorities want to get rid of those opportunity for minorities who compete against other minoritie for those scholarships. Whats wrong you can compete with the non-minority group that gets the other 90% of scholarships so you find a reason to hate helping minorities who are at a disadvantage from the start. You can get a scholarship to you just have to be better than the 90% who arent minority. It is never crap to help those that have a disadvantage that they didnt create for themselves.

Lono
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Who would be pissed? White entertainment tv is All the other channels and we know that. For that matter CMT is an all white channel. I got the point, it just wasn't very good

You can say that all you want but it doesnt make it true. The stations are not named for white people.

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 12:52 PM

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/OlmQStK68rA&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

As a guy who has had run ins and known these types for 20+ years i can say with conviction i hate this fuckin movie, if you ever had to sit through this sort of dribble in real life youd wouldnt think it was interesting cause if ya had half a brain youd have ceased to give a shit years ago.

Lono
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Did you know that Minority scholarships are about 10% of all scholarships offered. So it amazes me how some non-minorities want to get rid of those opportunity for minorities who compete against other minoritie for those scholarships. Whats wrong you can compete with the non-minority group that gets the other 90% of scholarships so you find a reason to hate helping minorities who are a a disadvantage from the start. You can get a scholarship to you just have to be better than the 90% who arent minority. It is never crap to help those that have a disadvantage that they didnt create for themselves.

Why are they at a disadvantage? Facts, proof of that please. None of that would matter if when you applied noone knew if you were black, white, mexican, whatever. Who cares, app and if you are the best applicant you should get it. We can't yell and scream for everything to be fair and just, and then give special treatment to the minorities. That makes absolutely no sense.

Micjones
01-21-2010, 12:54 PM
You can say that all you want but it doesnt make it true. The stations are not named for white people.

:facepalm:

Radar Chief
01-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Why don’t they just call it “the people that aren’t quite good enough to make a living at it” basketball league and take the racial component out? :shrug:

Micjones
01-21-2010, 12:57 PM
I LOVE it when:

1. People pretend that racial preference began with the Civil Rights Era.
2. Or when they just forget or don't realize how immensely beneficial it's been to White women.
3. Or when I forget that ignorance is bliss.

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 01:01 PM

Did you not read? The dominant narrative doesn't have to be qualified. They don't have to say white in the title, you just know it. And you keep bringing up bet like itsblack exclusive......news flash, it's not.

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Why are they at a disadvantage? Facts, proof of that please. None of that would matter if when you applied noone knew if you were black, white, mexican, whatever. Who cares, app and if you are the best applicant you should get it. We can't yell and scream for everything to be fair and just, and then give special treatment to the minorities. That makes absolutely no sense.

I see there is no use debating with the ignorant...

Have a good day.

Micjones
01-21-2010, 01:16 PM

Have a good day.

:clap:

philfree
01-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I think they should have a league for people who aren't so tall. 6'4" or shorter. I don't get excited so much when a 7' tall guy dunks the ball or tips one in.

PhilFree:arrow:

Old Dog
01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Lono,
There's no use in trying to argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
:clap:

It just boggles my mind how the majority with the most stuff is upset at the minority for what little they have knowing they wouldnt switch places with them in a million years.

Micjones
01-21-2010, 04:27 PM
It just boggles my mind how the majority with the most stuff is upset at the minority for what little they have knowing they would switch places with them in a million years.

I couldn't agree more.

That's why it's important to see beyond the dominant narrative as it's not the ONLY one there is.

googlegoogle
01-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Japan does this.

googlegoogle
01-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Did you know that Minority scholarships are about 10% of all scholarships offered. So it amazes me how some non-minorities want to get rid of those opportunity for minorities who compete against other minoritie for those scholarships. Whats wrong you can compete with the non-minority group that gets the other 90% of scholarships so you find a reason to hate helping minorities who are at a disadvantage from the start. You can get a scholarship to you just have to be better than the 90% who arent minority. It is never crap to help those that have a disadvantage that they didnt create for themselves. This is a FREE country. Not a racial preference country. Get it through your stupid head.

googlegoogle
01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Who wants to watch a league of below the rim set shooters.ROFL Are you white? probably not. Whites can dunk. The reason blacks dominate our pro sports is because of SPEED. This is currently the controversial topic in Europe soccer who are importing rent-a black players from africa.

MOhillbilly
01-21-2010, 04:49 PM
MODs i dont think i have ever asked anything other than my smokes get reset back when for some unknown reason.
That said PLEASE take this POS thread to the DC.

Micjones
01-21-2010, 04:50 PM
This is a FREE country. Not a racial preference country. Get it through your stupid head.

This country was FOUNDED on racial preference.

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 05:43 PM
This country was FOUNDED on racial preference.

If there was no racial preference, this thread wouldn't exist because there wouldn't be an ALL WHITE basketball league. Some of y'all are walking contridictions.

bevischief
01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
All I see is "White Americans."

Does this mean that woman can play.

this?
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
01-21-2010, 05:55 PM
If there was no racial preference, this thread wouldn't exist because there wouldn't be an ALL WHITE basketball league. Some of y'all are walking contridictions.

Shh...
Don't you go ruining it with that truth shit again.
ROFL

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 06:09 PM
i'm that guy too

:doh!: :shake:...There is a historical reason why there where Woman only, and Black only groups...because White Males only wanted other white males and excluded other groups..so these groups were born out of that .

I hope you were only joking, and not actually such an idiot that you cant tell that there is a difference.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM

Good question ;)

Good response.;)

Now cant we all just get along lol..

sportsman1
01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
:doh!: :shake:...There is a historical reason why there where Woman only, and Black only groups...because White Males only wanted other white males and excluded other groups..so these groups were born out of that .

I hope you were only joking, and not actually such an idiot that you cant tell that there is a difference.

You don't know how much I really don't want to go here but... is it not possible, and true that the paradigm has shifted, and now the inverse is possible and understandable?

Micjones
01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
You don't know how much I really don't want to go here but... is it not possible, and true that the paradigm has shifted, and now the inverse is possible and understandable?

You believe it is now disadvantageous to be a White man?

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 06:21 PM

You know what im saying? I think Oscar grant and Sean bell would disagree. They are doing all this bitching but wouldn't switch places in a million years!!

googlegoogle
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
This country was FOUNDED on racial preference. Yeah so? Most european white countries were. Good luck for any white guy accidentally crossing into an African country with savage tribes during those times.

sportsman1
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM

No I wouldn't go that far.. but fact of that matter is there isn't a whole lot of white guys in basketball. If they want to start a league then goody for them.

googlegoogle
01-21-2010, 06:46 PM
If there was no racial preference, this thread wouldn't exist because there wouldn't be an ALL WHITE basketball league. Some of y'all are walking contridictions. Our basketball leagues are all black. Thats why they want a separate league. Of course you don't get this. Maybe whites want to play proball too. Guess that offends you.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
No I wouldn't go that far.. but fact of that matter is there isn't a whole lot of white guys in basketball. If they want to start a league then goody for them.

wow...really?

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah so? Most european white countries were. Good luck for any white guy accidentally crossing into an African country with savage tribes during those times.

Or any country that gets invaded by White europeans...

Micjones
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Our basketball leagues are all black.

Signed,

Steve Nash, Chris Kaman, Brad Miller and Kirk Heinrich...

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Signed,

Steve Nash, Chris Kaman, Brad Miller and Kirk Heinrich...

\

I guess us blacks need to reform the negro leuges then ROFL..cus there arnt many American born black folks playing baseball..ROFL..

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Our basketball leagues are all black. Thats why they want a separate league. Of course you don't get this. Maybe whites want to play proball too. Guess that offends you.

You still don't get it. The NBA is not all black. Whites are not BANNED from playing. They just aren't good enough to compete. If they want to start another league, good. They can start a league, incorporate everybody and change the rules so that they suit the style of play they are looking for, but banning people from joining based on race.......

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
You still don't get it. The NBA is not all black. Whites are not BANNED from playing. They just aren't good enough to compete. If they want to start another league, good, but banning people from joining based on race.......

Stop..you will hurt your brain. Logic is not his best attribute. He will only understand simple words, and grunts...don't waist your time.ROFL

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
\

I guess us blacks need to reform the negro leuges then ROFL..cus there arnt many American born black folks playing baseball..ROFL..

And not ONE has said they would switch places with us....not one. Wonder why that is?

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 07:08 PM
And not ONE has said they would switch places with us....not one. Wonder why that is?

Sean Bell ...thats why, they aint stupid lol..
hell man, I`m half white, so I gues I would only get to play half of the game? I dont know..how would that work?..I have a nephew that is 3\4 white and a quarter black..he would really be confused on his playing time..lol

Lbedrock1
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Do you really have to ask why a minority would be at a disadvantage? Come on man just take a look around you. I work for a major telecommunications company that has been around for over a 100 years yet they have never had a minority as ceo, cfo, coo you name it. Now this is common practice among major corp, how is this possible? Are you telling me that there is not or has been over the years a minority that was qualified to run this or any of these companies better than they have been run. Well what it comes down to is access. White men in power who dont deal with minorites on that level because they dont feel like they should have to. There are still all white clubs that turn their noses up at especially blacks. Look I want all the racist sh.t to end to but we are far from looking at each other as americans first. We want to divide first that is why it makes plenty of sense. You see the only ones that dont care about fair and just are those that make the rule because it never applies to them .

Lbedrock1
01-21-2010, 07:17 PM
This is a FREE country. Not a racial preference country. Get it through your stupid head.

This is not a free country it is deeply in a debt that it refuses to pay. Get that through you head.

The Mad Crapper
The way it reads, adopted black people can play.

ROFL

The Mad Crapper
This is not a free country it is deeply in a debt that it refuses to pay. Get that through you head.

ROFL

This place is great. Somebody should get paid for this.

soopamanluva
Do you really have to ask why a minority would be at a disadvantage? Come on man just take a look around you. I work for a major telecommunications company that has been around for over a 100 years yet they have never had a minority as ceo, cfo, coo you name it. Now this is common practice among major corp, how is this possible? Are you telling me that there is not or has been over the years a minority that was qualified to run this or any of these companies better than they have been run. Well what it comes down to is access. White men in power who dont deal with minorites on that level because they dont feel like they should have to. There are still all white clubs that turn their noses up at especially blacks. Look I want all the racist sh.t to end to but we are far from looking at each other as americans first. We want to divide first that is why it makes plenty of sense. You see the only ones that dont care about fair and just are those that make the rule because it never applies to them .

With that, you should gracefully exit because you wont get through.

soopamanluva
01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Sean Bell ...thats why, they aint stupid lol..
hell man, I`m half white, so I gues I would only get to play half of the game? I dont know..how would that work?..I have a nephew that is 3\4 white and a quarter black..he would really be confused on his playing time..lol

I think the rules say you need 2 white parents. I dont know how te hell they would check though. If they want a BS league, let them have it. Its run will be shorter than the XFL

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I think the rules say you need 2 white parents. I dont know how te hell they would check though. If they want a BS league, let them have it. Its run will be shorter than the XFL

I would go just to heckle the fans.. I would shout stuff like..." Multicultural society" " equal rights for woman" "Dunk it, Dunk it"...lol

Spott
01-21-2010, 07:38 PM

I think you and I have the same employer.

The Mad Crapper
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Our basketball leagues are all black. Thats why they want a separate league. Of course you don't get this. Maybe whites want to play proball too. Guess that offends you.

That's weird, you sound normal in the Holy Land Forum.

ohiobronco2
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM

I'd gladly trade places with Tiger Woods. He's phucked more women (and has more money) that I could ever dream of.:D

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2010, 08:53 PM
I would go just to heckle the fans.. I would shout stuff like..." Multicultural society" " equal rights for woman" "Dunk it, Dunk it"...lol

ROFL

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:01 PM

In some situations, YES I do.

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:05 PM

I work for a major, or lets say the biggest transportation company in the world. They seem to be just the opposite. They go out of there way to have minority and female, I'll say management. Some do not belong, again they have been chosen to fill a quota. Get an award and a press release. Yes, I have been turned down for job given to a woman and I was told as much.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 10:06 PM
In some situations, YES I do.

I lived in Utah for 3 years..Roy, Ogden, Layton, Clearfield...you live in white man heaven...how the hell can you say that.lol....

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I lived in Utah for 3 years..Roy, Ogden, Layton, Clearfield...you live in white man heaven...how the hell can you say that.lol....

I'd have to ask when. Again, in some situations I'd say yes. With my current company I have seen and been in the situation where opportunities where given to people because of race and sex. And you'd know here it's not about your color it's more about your religion.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd have to ask when. Again, in some situations I'd say yes. With my current company I have seen and been in the situation where opportunities where given to people because of race and sex. And you'd know here it's not about your color it's more about your religion.

True...very true.. I found it always odd that SLC , was surrounded by mountains..kinda of like a fortress..until I learned how the Mormons were driven out of just about every area they lived in...Mormons are nice people..but to be honest, it was like living in the twilight zone..people were creepy nice...like robot nice..it was scary. Now add the stupid liquor,club,and bar laws the social life was pretty shitty.

One thing I will give UT..Woman..some of the sexiest woman I`ve seen in my life...Hispanic, Island girls, Black...and the craziest thing..ALL THE WHITE WOMAN HAD BIG OLD ROUND BLACK GIRL BUTTS LOL...and oh man were those girls freaky...:D

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 10:22 PM
I work for a major, or lets say the biggest transportation company in the world. They seem to be just the opposite. They go out of there way to have minority and female, I'll say management. Some do not belong, again they have been chosen to feel a quota. Get an award and a press release. Yes, I have been turned down for job given to a woman and I was told as much.

Look, I see your point. Now imagine this..for every guy like you...there are 3 times that many guys that might benefit because their white..not saying either is right, just giving you a perspective on things..

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:29 PM
True...very true.. I found it always odd that SLC , was surrounded by mountains..kinda of like a fortress..until I learned how the Mormons were driven out of just about every area they lived in...Mormons are nice people..but to be honest, it was like living in the twilight zone..people were creepy nice...like robot nice..it was scary. Now add the stupid liquor,club,and bar laws the social life was pretty shitty.

One thing I will give UT..Woman..some of the sexiest woman I`ve seen in my life...Hispanic, Island girls, Black...and the craziest thing..ALL THE WHITE WOMAN HAD BIG OLD ROUND BLACK GIRL BUTTS LOL...and oh man were those girls freaky...:D

Utah does have some hot women. Although most Mormons are cool there are the creepy ones. Really some of the worst Mormons live in Utah. They are far too prideful.

Liquor laws still suck, the club and bars changed a bit. Social life can be good you just have to know where to find it. But again you have to find it. It's not like most places.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Utah does have some hot women. Although most Mormons are cool there are the creepy ones. Really some of the worst Mormons live in Utah. They are far too prideful.

Liquor laws still suck, the club and bars changed a bit. Social life can be good you just have to know where to find it. But again you have to find it. It's not like most places.

I`m going back for the first time in March, since I moved back to KC. I lived there from about Nov 95-Dec of 99. I still have friends out there. One thing that I liked, was it was so close to Vegas...we used to go down once or twice a month just to get back to civlization.sometimes we would go to L.A..

on a side note,...I used to make a little extra money Bootleggin..trips to Idaho or wyoming for party balls nad casses of beer..had 3 fridges at my house..we would buy those party balls for 25 bucks and sell them for 50..beer was like crack there lol.

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Look, I see your point. Now imagine this..for every guy like you...there are 3 times that many guys that might benefit because their white..not saying either is right, just giving you a perspective on things..

I'm sure you're right. And I can't bitch too much because others have been treated far worse than I have or ever will be treated. But I am open minded and I have a hard time seeing how we can move on when we have just been reversing the standard. When you have a scholarship that is only for a white person, they the other races will be feel shorted. When you have a scholarship for only a black person, again the other races will fill shorted. I'd like to see equal opportunities given to all.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm sure you're right. And I can't bitch too much because others have been treated far worse than I have or ever will be treated. But I am open minded and I have a hard time seeing how we can move on when we have just been reversing the standard. When you have a scholarship that is only for a white person, they the other races will be feel shorted. When you have a scholarship for only a black person, again the other races will fill shorted. I'd like to see equal opportunities given to all.

That's why I just say **** it...as long as I have the 3 b`s life is good...Beer , Bar b que..and Broads & Big Boobs..:D

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:42 PM
I`m going back for the first time in March, since I moved back to KC. I lived there from about Nov 95-Dec of 99. I still have friends out there. One thing that I liked, was it was so close to Vegas...we used to go down once or twice a month just to get back to civlization.sometimes we would go to L.A..

on a side note,...I used to make a little extra money Bootleggin..trips to Idaho or wyoming for party balls nad casses of beer..had 3 fridges at my house..we would buy those party balls for 25 bucks and sell them for 50..beer was like crack there lol.

Ok, I know a person that owned a bar and they told me the only difference in Utah beer vs. Wyoming beer is that the alcohol content is measured differently, one shows the content by volume and the other shows by something else. I can't remember. But yeah any time we need a keg or something a trip to Wyoming is required.

I have to go to Vegas a several times a year too.

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
That's why I just say **** it...as long as I have the 3 b`s life is good...Beer , Bar b que..and Broads & Big Boobs..:D

Sounds good.

And for the record, I don't want to see an all white basketball league. I'd go for a league where there was a height limit though.

-King-
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Well... I have been thinking about going on a vacation....

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Ok, I know a person that owned a bar and they told me the only difference in Utah beer vs. Wyoming beer is that the alcohol content is measured differently, one shows the content by volume and the other shows by something else. I can't remember. But yeah any time we need a keg or something a trip to Wyoming is required.

I have to go to Vegas a several times a year too.

The other big difference is that the normal beer sold in UT state owned liquor stores is sold hot, not refrigerated. The 2.5 beer is sold cold at gas stations and other places..also the liquor stores would close so damn early 7 or 9 cant remember....and the fact that , at least when I was there..the had police officers in the stores, and at the registers.

-King-
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I really can't imagine living in Utah. I don't know why. It just doesn't seem like a place anyone under 25 would want to live.

Dottefan
01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
I really can't imagine living in Utah. I don't know why. It just doesn't seem like a place anyone under 25 would want to live.

well I lived there from 18-21 so, yeah it kinda of sucked..but it was also cool, cus I was from out of town..and that made the girls like me, so I got layed allot...I mean allot..lol..plus if you really got bored Vegas is only 5 hours away..and back then we would fly down to vegas round trip for 80 bucks..plus going out to L.A was cool.

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Well... I have been thinking about going on a vacation....

It's interesting Utah woman can be quite stuck up but the repressed Mormons can be easy. We are the capitol of plastic surgery and other beauty products.

UteChief
01-21-2010, 10:56 PM
well I lived there from 18-21 so, yeah it kinda of sucked..but it was also cool, cus I was from out of town..and that made the girls like me, so I got layed allot...I mean allot..lol..plus if you really got bored Vegas is only 5 hours away..and back then we would fly down to vegas round trip for 80 bucks..plus going out to L.A was cool.

Exactly, if you're different you're golden.

Rain Man
01-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Exactly, if you're different you're golden.

Even if he was golden, he still couldn't play in that basketball league. White means white.

-King-
01-21-2010, 11:12 PM
It's interesting Utah woman can be quite stuck up but the repressed Mormons can be easy. We are the capitol of plastic surgery and other beauty products.

Aren't the mormons the ones who believe that a man can have many wives?

soopamanluva
01-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Aren't the mormons the ones who believe that a man can have many wives?

Yes they are, like that show big love

Lono
01-22-2010, 08:58 AM

Have a good day.

Dude you know you have lost when you have to go there. One example, my best friend from college who is black, got all kinds of free money from black only scholarships. His parents were loaded. Me on the other hand could have actually used that money for college instead of being in debt to college loans. I at least got to watch tv on a big screen tv and drink a lot of beer in college for free. Even he would say it was kind of dumb. He didn't really need the money but he got it anyway.

Lono
01-22-2010, 09:00 AM

Pot meet Kettle? So let me get this straight? You think it's wrong to have an all white basketball league, but its ok to have all black scholarships because they are the minority? Oh ok, I get it.

soopamanluva
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Dude you know you have lost when you have to go there. One example, my best friend from college who is black, got all kinds of free money from black only scholarships. His parents were loaded. Me on the other hand could have actually used that money for college instead of being in debt to college loans. I at least got to watch tv on a big screen tv and drink a lot of beer in college for free. Even he would say it was kind of dumb. He didn't really need the money but he got it anyway.

Lost? Please!! So you are saying, you're upset because your friend got a piece of the 10% of the scholarships set aside for minorities, but you weren't smart enough to get some of the other 90%? that's out fault? Don't blame your laziness on us. And for the record, you can apply for some minority scholarships and get them. And, if you didn't know, all minorities can't apply for every minority scholarship. Your ignorance shows once again. You're just upset because you got student loans and your friend didn't. Get damn job and stop blaming everybody for your laziness

Lono
01-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Lost? Please!! So you are saying, you're upset because your friend got a piece of the 10% of the scholarships set aside for minorities, but you weren't smart enough to get some of the other 90%? that's out fault? Don't blame your laziness on us. And for the record, you can apply for some minority scholarships and get them. And, if you didn't know, all minorities can't apply for every minority scholarship. Your ignorance shows once again. You're just upset because you got student loans and your friend didn't. Get damn job and stop blaming everybody for your laziness

I love the bad boy talk over the internet. Your right, i only had a 3.3 gpa out of highschool. Then I graduated with a 3.8 from Missouri State. You love to talk, I can tell that. I worked full time along with coaching, and held 15+hrs, along with a wife and two kids. I am anything but lazy. Once again you say nothing with substance.

-King-
01-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm black and this maybe one of the dumbest things I've read on this board.
Posted via Mobile Device

soopamanluva
01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Pot meet Kettle? So let me get this straight? You think it's wrong to have an all white basketball league, but its ok to have all black scholarships because they are the minority? Oh ok, I get it.

Once again, there is no all black anything. And since you want to bring up scholarships let's look at the history. Why do theyexist? Because blacks were BANNED from getting them. HBCU's- Blacks were BANNED from the other schools. Once again, everything that is "all black" was created out of neccesity. We couldn't get the white stuff so we made our own. It's really not that hard to understand. You act like there are no scholarships that only whites can get, because there are. You don't hear us complaining about those.

The difference between this league and all I stated is whites are not BANNED from any of them. Get that through your head. Whites can join a black frat if he wants too.

I can tell you have comprehension issues because nowhere did I state I had a problem with this league. I said let them have it.

With all this complaining, would you switch places with us? I'm not referring to switching with a rich person either. I'm talking about having your same circumstances but your skin is dark, would you switch? He'll no. You wouldn't in a million years do that.

If we could exchange those 10% scholarships for all the bs we go through and just be left alone, we'd do it in a heartbeat.

Lono
01-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Once again, there is no all black anything. And since you want to bring up scholarships let's look at the history. Why do theyexist? Because blacks were BANNED from getting them. HBCU's- Blacks were BANNED from the other schools. Once again, everything that is "all black" was created out of neccesity. We couldn't get the white stuff so we made our own. It's really not that hard to understand. You act like there are no scholarships that only whites can get, because there are. You don't hear us complaining about those.

The difference between this league and all I stated is whites are not BANNED from any of them. Get that through your head. Whites can join a black frat if he wants too.

I can tell you have comprehension issues because nowhere did I state I had a problem with this league. I said let them have it.

With all this complaining, would you switch places with us? I'm not referring to switching with a rich person either. I'm talking about having your same circumstances but your skin is dark, would you switch? He'll no. You wouldn't in a million years do that.

If we could exchange those 10% scholarships for all the bs we go through and just be left alone, we'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dude all i hear from anything you say, is poor me. Every scholarship should be based off of merit, not any race. There shouldn't be an all white basketball league or an all black scholarship ( yes I know you say they dont exist).

http://blogcritics.org/politics/article/white-scholarship-draws-protests-at-boston/

soopamanluva
01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I love the bad boy talk over the internet. Your right, i only had a 3.3 gpa out of highschool. Then I graduated with a 3.8 from Missouri State. You love to talk, I can tell that. I worked full time along with coaching, and held 15+hrs, along with a wife and two kids. I am anything but lazy. Once again you say nothing with substance.

Actually I don't like to talk. And I'm not a bad guy either, ask all the flag football people. And I would say all this to your face, i don't know where willow springs is but you know where KC is, look me up, I'll buy you a pepsi( I don't drink) and we can debate. And if you need help with your loans look up Dave ramsey, he helps people get out of debt.

Back to topic. I don't care about the league, they can have it.

soopamanluva
01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Dude all i hear from anything you say, is poor me. Every scholarship should be based off of merit, not any race. There shouldn't be an all white basketball league or an all black scholarship ( yes I know you say they dont exist).

http://blogcritics.org/politics/article/white-scholarship-draws-protests-at-boston/

Poor me???? I haven't blamed anyone for anything. If you actually read I was agreeing with you. Everything should be equal but it's not. And no matter how bad you think you have it, the scale is still tilted in your favor. That was my only point. I wish it wasn't that way, but things that are ingrained in our society keep it that way.

Lono
01-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I think we are close to the same thinking? I think. What I am trying to say is nothing should be based on race. Nothing. Everything should be based on merit and racism would end. That goes for both whites and blacks.

soopamanluva
01-22-2010, 10:31 AM
I think we are close to the same thinking? I think. What I am trying to say is nothing should be based on race. Nothing. Everything should be based on merit and racism would end. That goes for both whites and blacks.

We are on the same line of thinking, I just brought up why we had to have that stuff. It wasn't by choice. I misunderstood some of the things you were saying earlier. Your overall message Is everything should be based on merit and abilities. Am I correct? I can't find anyone who would disagree with that! The thing is you have to get everyone to embrace that mindstate and some of the old guard don't want that to happen

Lono
01-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Your right that's what I have been trying to say this whole time. I was just trying to say that yes we have to embrace a new line of thinking but that is going to have to happen on both sides. Btw, there are many African American only scholarships. Just one example:
Alphonso Deal Scholarship Award
Alphonso Deal Scholarship Award

Scholarship for: College Freshman

Amount of Scholarship: $500

Number of Scholarships: 1

Scholarship Deadline: June 1

Majors: interested in pursuing law enforcement

Applicant must be: Black

For Scholarship Application and more info:

Scholarship Officer

National Black Police Association

3251 Mt. Pleasant Street NW

Washington, DC 20010

soopamanluva
01-22-2010, 10:49 AM
There are ways to get them too.

Revamped: Minority Scholarships Must Include White and Male
Suddenly it must have occurred to some that if you dug down into the nitty-gritty of Civil Rights and analyzed the ills of Affirmative Action, you could make a good legal argument contesting the Constitutional validity of most scholarships today, particularly those offered through federally-funded institutions. Over the last five or six years conservative watchdog groups like the Center for Equal Opportunity (CEO) have called universities like the University of Michigan, Southern Illinois University, and SUNY on the carpet for racial discrimination in their admissions practices. At question are the scholarships restricted to minorities. In response to the threat of legal action, all have revamped their “minority” and female-focused scholarships to include white students and males. And it’s not just the CEO speaking out; charges emanate from an increasingly disgruntled applicant pool frustrated with access to college programs.
A New York Times article in early 2006 underscored the current tide of minority scholarship controversy. The allegations have drawn deep concern from the Department of Education and put the public university system at large on legal alert, many with changes swiftly afoot.
The Center for Equal Opportunity continues to verbally spar with the University of Michigan over allegations of “racial discrimination.” The CEO’s mission is to make sure higher education becomes a more equal proving ground, inclusive to all. This includes the increasingly excluded white male, who may be the next most “underrepresented.”

And you can go to an hbcu
Caucasian Scholarships at an HBCU-A Best Bet
Maybe one of the best places to shop for a “minority” scholarship aimed at white males is through one of the public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The system of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) was established to provide African Americans with a viable place to secure a rightful college education, at a time when they were afforded the same legal rights to a higher education, but in many instances could find none. Now many HBCUs are scrambling to diversify—they have to, under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which clearly states that any institution that receives federal aid may not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed or sex. This means that public HBCUs must recruit students from all backgrounds.
If you read up on the minority and Affirmative Action issues, you might assume from various stats and editorial commentaries that white enrollment is on the increase at the HBCUs, but according to The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, this so-called trend is nothing more than hot air. HBCUs remain predominantly black. And even in cases where there are now scholarship incentives for whites, “white students usually opt to go elsewhere.”
A few state’s public HBCU systems have been involved in bitter and lengthy legal battles over the issue of segregation. Various decisions have forced quite a few predominantly black institutions to begin aggressively marketing “minority” scholarships to white students:

Tennessee State University is so down in its minority—white—population that the State is now funding “scholarships for Caucasian Tennessee residents.” These scholarships are rooted to the recent outcome of a lengthy court case known as the Geier case that has called over the last two decades for desegregation of Tennessee’s “dual educational” system of which TSU was a part. Long range plans for the desegregation have included assuring a balanced student body. During the mid-1980s the agreement put in motion a new system of other-race recruitment: black recruiters for white colleges and white recruiters for black. To those ends the Geier called for stepped up scholarships and financial aid to boost the process. In late 2006, the Geier case was finally dismissed on the grounds that the State had in fact effectively undone its dual system, thanks to the urgings of the Geier case over the years. The scholarships for whites cover room and board for eligible candidates.
Diversity Scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate white students are a special program of Alabama State University and Alabama A&M University. The goal is to boost enrollment of those underrepresented in the school: whites and Native Americans, specifically at ASU and “Caucasians” at Alabama A&M. In fact as the result of a discrimination case, a federal court judge in 1995 commanded both ASU and Alabama A&M University to vigorously diversify.1 The court case raised scrutiny over the fact that both schools had almost exclusive black student bodies and had been remiss in recruiting “other-race” students, especially whites. Since then large chunks of money have been earmarked each year to attract white students. Initially GPA requirements were set at 2.0, according to the Chronicle of Higher Education, so low as to offend black students required to comply with a GPA minimum of 2.7. Since then, in response to threats of legal repercussions, the universities have raised GPA reqs for whites. Scholarships may cover full or partial tuition.
Jackson State University in Mississippi has a student body composition of over 6,000 African Americans and about 200 Caucasians.2 The university’s Diversity Scholarships are restricted to Caucasian applicants. Mississippi, like Alabama, has had to scramble to rollout diversity scholarships at its public HBCUs, following a landmark segregation case. Under terms of the settlement the state’s public HBCUs are required to bring levels of “non-black” students to 10 percent of their student body at which time they will receive critical funding to bring their programs up to speed with the other public universities in the state, the initial crux of the legal fight. In response JSU, along with Alcorn State and Mississippi Valley have all ramped up recruitment of their biggest minorities—whites. It’s not that they want to, but they now have a monetary carrot dangled before them.
Diversity Scholarships through Alcorn State University in Mississippi are given to “non-black” applicants. Full and partial scholarships are awarded and candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA to qualify.
Mississippi Valley State University offers undergraduate and graduate Diversity Scholarships. Grad scholarships may cover a full tuition while the undergrad version awards $700. Applicants for both must be “non-black.”

it's all good tho. I get what your saying.

Rain Man
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM

I'm not sure that pot meets kettle fits in this situation.

RJ
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure that pot meets kettle fits in this situation.

You're right. That's more like spatula meets salad spinner.

Micjones
01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
If you think there aren't distinct advantages for White students regarding College admissions...
You don't know much about College admissions.

To point out scholarships that seek to advance Black students, but offer no commentary at all on processes that advantage White students...you're either being wildly disingenuous or blissfully ignorant.

Rain Man
01-22-2010, 07:00 PM
If you think there aren't distinct advantages for White students regarding College admissions...
You don't know much about College admissions.

To point out scholarships that seek to advance Black students, but offer no commentary at all on processes that advantage White students...you're either being wildly disingenuous or blissfully ignorant.

What types of advantages? Or are you talking about stuff that goes into admissions such as test scores and income/wealth? I'd be surprised if there are advantages in the process itself, but I'm not beyond enlightment.

RippedmyFlesh
01-22-2010, 10:08 PM
All i can say is life is never "fair". Anyone of us during trying times can feel victimized.
But when you do get that better job and work your way up and improve your lifestyle some of those people you describe will look to you and wonder if life is "fair".